Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GM Aosrax PFS #00-13 The Prince of Augustana

Game Master Aosrax


1 to 50 of 172 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

ES1 map

Feel free to dot

Grand Lodge

ES1 map

After a hurried summons to the Grand Lodge in Absalom, a quick conversation with Venture-Captain Alissa Moldreserva, and a wet, stormy trip across the Inner Sea to Andoran, the
small, warm Pathfinder Lodge in Augustana is a welcome break from travel. “I can’t believe we are wasting our time on this matter,” says Caudron Wallace, the venture-captain of Augustana as he paces the main hall. “Frankly, I want as little to do with it as possible, so I’m passing it on to you.” Wallace nods toward a door at the back of the room. “The vagrant through there was found collapsed on our front steps gripping a wayfinder of all things. We still don’t know who he is. Talk to him, for the tale he tells is amazing if true, and then come back here.” [b]

As your group enters the room at the back of the main hall, you find a small sitting room with six comfortable chairs and a few bookshelves filled with the latest Pathfinder Chronicles. An old, withered man sits in one of the chairs, half-dozing when you enter. His skin is shockingly pale and his features are sharp with high cheekbones and a jutting chin. Despite his incredibly filthy visage, matted white hair, and infirmity, when he awakes and regards you. As he does so with a look of absolute, confident superiority.

[b]“My loyal subjects, welcome! I know that some of you might not recognize me in my current state, but it is truly me, Gandros, the long-lost Prince of Augustana. I have been in hiding since the untimely death of my father, the Emperor, preparing for my return to glory. Unfortunately, I bear ill news. The army I have been gathering in the otherworld has been infiltrated by agents of our enemies. When last I called my forces together for inspection, dark assassins attacked me
and I barely escaped with my life.”

He takes this opportunity to roll up his sleeve and reveals a series of recently inflicted claw and tooth marks on his right forearm. He then launches into a breathless retelling of how he came to be in the Lodge, without pause or acknowledgement of interruptions.

“I fled back through the magic portal to this realm. Grievously wounded, and with the assassins in close pursuit, I leapt into the dark river. I floated past the Almsman’s Sanctuary, but couldn’t climb out of the water. I did manage to grab one of the bridges, but a plank fell in with me. I held on for dear life and continued to drift downstream. I went over a waterfall and then emerged in the lake of ships and crawled to shore. Augustana has changed since I last walked my city’s bright streets, but I managed to find this house, bearing the symbol of my father’s empire.” He holds up the way finder hanging from a chain around his neck. “I knew I would find help here! If you remove the threat from my kingdom below and help restore me to my rightful place as Emperor of Andoran, I will grant you any boon within my power!”

Liberty's Edge

M Human bolt ace 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 18; Tch 14; FF 14 | F +3; R +6; W +3 | CMB +1; CMD 15 | Init +6 | Perc +6

.

Dark Archive

Male Nagaji Bloodrager 02 HP 22/22 - AC: 16 /T: 11 /FF: 15 - Perception +8 - F: +5 / R: +1 /W: +2 - CMB +6 - CMD +17 - Speed 40 - Init. +3

Yelek hisses as his forked tongue darts between his fangs. The serpentman carefully considers the so called "prince of Augustana", trying to decide if the man were just a madman or hic claim could hold some shred of truth...

Sovereign Court

Female Vishkanya HP 13/13| AC 16, T 13, FF 13| Fort +0*, Ref +6*, Will +1*| Init +3; Perc +6(+7 to locate traps)|Bardic Performance 0/4

A female figure settles into an open. So, your majesty. Slightly unsure what to call him, Where should we start looking for this "threat".

disguise to look human: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17 Darn..not my best work

Scarab Sages

N Ratfolk Alchemist (Interrogator) 1 | HP: 5/10 | AC: 17{Current 19} (13 Tch, 15 {17} Fl) +2 vs Animals | CMB: -2, CMD: 10 | F: +4, R: +4, W: -1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: -1 | Speed 20ft/15ft w/pack | Injections: 5/6 | Formula: Level 1: 3/3 | Active conditions: Firebelly (Fire Resist 5); Shock Shield (+2 Shield AC and can 1 time aoe burst).

A black rodent slides into the lodge. Weary from the travel, the burden on his back weighs him down. The most peculiar aspect of the short "man", aside from his vermin heritage, is the syringes strapped to his leather armor.

Nodding to the venture captain, he lumbers into the room. Dropping his pack as the man begins his oratory, he steps forward and inspects the wounds.

Heal: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

With a raised eye as the man finishes, he ponders 'Any boon? If he can travel between worlds...would immortality be possible?'

Quietly inquiring, "Would you be able to take us there? Any idea who or what these assassins were?"

-Posted with Wayfinder

Liberty's Edge

M Human bolt ace 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 18; Tch 14; FF 14 | F +3; R +6; W +3 | CMB +1; CMD 15 | Init +6 | Perc +6

Stonelance raises a skeptical eyebrow as the old man completes his tale. Quickly looking between his companions he tries to judge their reactions to the old mans story and finds the gesture futile.

Not sure rather or not to trust the old man Stonelance decides to keep quiet and leans against a study wall, forgoing the luxury of the chairs in the room.

Grand Lodge

ES1 map

Gandros turns to Syl'las ignoring the others in the room. "Ahh, of course my good man, well I know what I know, but you do not know what I know now do you? Are you not of the brotherhood of the Pathfinders not to recognize who I am? I have told you of the assassins, and the river. I must however have hit my head on the way down the waterfall, as my memory seems to have escaped me of that and those. he says.

Dark Archive

HP 10/12 | AC 14 T 10 FF 14 DR 1/cold iron | F +3 R +0 W +3 | CMD 12 | Init +8 | Perc +7 SM +3 | Channel (3/5) | Active Effects: --

Baltzar tries to interrupt, "Subject? But I am Ir--" The bearded man claps his mouth shut as the Prince continues with his pressured monologue.

"That does seem like a terrible plight," he concedes as the self-declared Prince finishes speaking to Syl'las, "Where or what is the Almsman's Sanctuary?"

He tries to gather clues about the man's story as he speaks and by observing his clothes and wounds.

Dice:
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Dark Archive

Male Nagaji Bloodrager 02 HP 22/22 - AC: 16 /T: 11 /FF: 15 - Perception +8 - F: +5 / R: +1 /W: +2 - CMB +6 - CMD +17 - Speed 40 - Init. +3

Not having anything to say and feeling uninteressed in the man's antics Yelek keeps staring at the him silently, hoping to cause him enough discomfort to shut up...

Scarab Sages

N Ratfolk Alchemist (Interrogator) 1 | HP: 5/10 | AC: 17{Current 19} (13 Tch, 15 {17} Fl) +2 vs Animals | CMB: -2, CMD: 10 | F: +4, R: +4, W: -1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: -1 | Speed 20ft/15ft w/pack | Injections: 5/6 | Formula: Level 1: 3/3 | Active conditions: Firebelly (Fire Resist 5); Shock Shield (+2 Shield AC and can 1 time aoe burst).

Nodding at the others questions, he adds another. "What we're these soldiers you were preparing? And would they allow us to pass through their domain?"

-Posted with Wayfinder

Grand Lodge

ES1 map

Ganders continues to address Syl'las simply ignoring the rest of the party. "My father was a great man, but since his death the city and realm have surely suffered. Please my loyal subject, take your friend and make haste to remove the threat from my kingdom and help restore me to my rightful place as Emperor of Andorran."

Dark Archive

HP 10/12 | AC 14 T 10 FF 14 DR 1/cold iron | F +3 R +0 W +3 | CMD 12 | Init +8 | Perc +7 SM +3 | Channel (3/5) | Active Effects: --

"Hmph. I suppose we should look for a waterfall by the docks, then," Baltzar suggests, making a fair attempt at hiding his irritation.

Scarab Sages

N Ratfolk Alchemist (Interrogator) 1 | HP: 5/10 | AC: 17{Current 19} (13 Tch, 15 {17} Fl) +2 vs Animals | CMB: -2, CMD: 10 | F: +4, R: +4, W: -1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: -1 | Speed 20ft/15ft w/pack | Injections: 5/6 | Formula: Level 1: 3/3 | Active conditions: Firebelly (Fire Resist 5); Shock Shield (+2 Shield AC and can 1 time aoe burst).

Looking sideways at the man, then to Syl'las, he shakes his head.

"Palefaces" mumbles the rodent. "Apologies, your majesty." he begins, over-exaggerating the title. "Who and what were these assassins? Would you expect us to have any issues with your 'army'? Can you give us a better idea of where we're goin?"

With an audible sigh, he turns to his companions. "I'm Dr Whiskerson by the way. No, I'm not a healing doctor, but if you have one of them fancy sticks, I can use it to mend you."

Dark Archive

HP 10/12 | AC 14 T 10 FF 14 DR 1/cold iron | F +3 R +0 W +3 | CMD 12 | Init +8 | Perc +7 SM +3 | Channel (3/5) | Active Effects: --

"Baltzar from Irrisen," he introduces himself to the ratfolk, offering his hand, since the so-called Prince has not deigned to address them.

"I know, atypical," he adds, quickly preempting questions about his land of origin, "But I'm not Jadwiga, and if you're not Jadwiga or a faerie then life in Irrisen is... not pleasant. Even less so for one of Ulfen blood."

Grand Lodge

ES1 map

Ganders turns to Dr. Nibbles' "Ahh, pleased to meet another humble servant of my kingdom. I'm sorry I cannot give any other information than I have already given as my memory after that fall seems to be lacking. Venture-Captain Wallace was kind enough to give me some time to rest here. He really is such a great man!"

Dark Archive

Male Nagaji Bloodrager 02 HP 22/22 - AC: 16 /T: 11 /FF: 15 - Perception +8 - F: +5 / R: +1 /W: +2 - CMB +6 - CMD +17 - Speed 40 - Init. +3

"The emperor of Andoran? Thisss one isss mad as an hungry rat... why do we have to help him exactly?" Yelek shakes his head and just follows the others.

Liberty's Edge

M Human bolt ace 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 18; Tch 14; FF 14 | F +3; R +6; W +3 | CMB +1; CMD 15 | Init +6 | Perc +6

Stonelance frowns at the derange man, finding himself uncomfortable and wanting to to put as much distance between him and the arrogant wind bag.

"I do not believe he has much more to offer, perhaps we should return to the Venture-Captain?"

Grand Lodge

LN Halfling Investigator 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 17 (T 13, FF 14) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 | F: +4, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft | Extracts: CLW 1/1, Shield 1/1 | Inspiration 3/3 | Active conditions: None (okay ever so slightly pissed off)

Having carefully observed the entire proceedings from the door way an imperious Halfling, standing a mere two feet seven inches and yet still able to look down her nose at you, strides into the room.

"Ugh, field work. But if I want this to end, taking direct action will be faster than waiting for them to ask the questions that need to be asked."

With a glance at all of the pathfinders in the room she starts, "Now I know I said I was mostly here to observe and verify the veracity of the reports the Grand Lodge receives. But I have a few questions I would like to ask the man, if you don't mind."

With this she gives a curt turn and, standing at her full height, gives the disheveled man a good long look. "I'm sorry to say 'your majesty' I don't recognize you. Now you say you have been in another dimension. Do you know where this dimension was? How long had you been building your army there? When was the last time you came to Augustana? Do you have any details on who or what assassins were trying to kill you? Anything more you can tell us? Any extra details now may save us headaches down the road, your majesty." With these last words the halfling strikes and almost pleading tone.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

"Abadar's Arrows! This man better have some way of verifying his cockamamie story, I do not want to have to traipse halfway across town to find he made it all up. Wait a moment, do I know anything about the history or past rulers of this area..."

I'm not certain if knowledge local is applicable here but just in case... Also using a free use of Inspiration.
Knowledge (Local) w/ Inspiration: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (12) + 7 + (3) = 22

Grand Lodge

ES1 map

"Ahh, another loyal subject!" Ganders says. "How pleased it makes me to see that some still know enough to recognize their lord whence he arrives. I am sorry, but like I have said to my other loyal subjects, much of what happened is a blur in my memory, and some of the details I am unable to share with you due to a lack of security clearance. Please though I bid you find and remove the threat to my kingdom at once!"

Scarab Sages

N Ratfolk Alchemist (Interrogator) 1 | HP: 5/10 | AC: 17{Current 19} (13 Tch, 15 {17} Fl) +2 vs Animals | CMB: -2, CMD: 10 | F: +4, R: +4, W: -1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: -1 | Speed 20ft/15ft w/pack | Injections: 5/6 | Formula: Level 1: 3/3 | Active conditions: Firebelly (Fire Resist 5); Shock Shield (+2 Shield AC and can 1 time aoe burst).

He replies to the Ulfen man "Pleased to meet you."

Turning to the 'prince', he exclaims "How are we to remove this 'threat' without knowing what we're facing?! Vangrant paleface..." as he storms out of the room. "When you are ready, I'll be with the V.C." he calls over his shoulder.

In the other room

"Sir, I don't suppose you managed to get any useful information from that?" he asks.

Liberty's Edge

M Human bolt ace 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 18; Tch 14; FF 14 | F +3; R +6; W +3 | CMB +1; CMD 15 | Init +6 | Perc +6

Stonelance follows Whiskerson out of the room shaking his head in frustration and mutters "Good luck" as he exits.

Dark Archive

HP 10/12 | AC 14 T 10 FF 14 DR 1/cold iron | F +3 R +0 W +3 | CMD 12 | Init +8 | Perc +7 SM +3 | Channel (3/5) | Active Effects: --

Baltzar chuckles softly to himself. "Farewell, your majesty. Hopefully, we will return soon."

Once in the Venture Captain's office, he rubs his forehead between his fingers. "Venture Captain Wallace, the man mentioned a waterfall that poured him into the lake of ships, which I assume he means the docks. Since I'm not from around here, do you know of anything like a waterfall near there? And do you know what the Almsman's Sanctuary is?"

Grand Lodge

ES1 map

As the party returns to the Venture Captain he shakes his head, and then responds. “My diviners say that there is some truth to his story. There has never been a Prince of Augustana, nor an Emperor in Andorran, but the old fellow has a surprising amount of knowledge of the pre-revolution noble families of the city. He may be the lost scion of some noble line. If so, he’s fallen far. From the filth and stink on him when we found him, we’re fairly certain he’s been living in or near a sewer. The wayfinder is also a mystery, but for now, it makes him one of ours. However, I’m
more interested in his supposed gate to the otherworld. If it exists, I want to know about it. Implausible as it may seem, I’m certain that his injuries were caused by otherworldly beings. We must take the possibility of a portal seriously. I don’t want to dirty my hands with this, but you don’t have that choice. Retrace the old man’s path through the sewers. The Almsman, whom he repeatedly mentions, is rumored to be an eccentric priest who runs some sort of hidden beggar’s sanctuary in the sewers. He may know where our prince’s portal is, if you can find him. But be warned; a local gang calling themselves the Steel Wyverns claims the sewers near the Almsman’s
Sanctuary as their own territory.”

Venture-Captain Wallace shows the group the spot on the map of the likely sewer outlet from which Ganders came. It’s near the north end of the crowded Augustana harbor, near where the north harbor wall hits land.

DC 15 Kn Local or Gather Information:
The Steel Wyverns: The Steel Wyverns
were once the most powerful criminal organization in the city, but they have been in decline for decades. Now they are a rag-tag gang of thugs and petty crooks. The wyverns prefer to fight with spiked chains, which they call “Wyvern stings.”

DC 20 Kn Local or Gather Information:
The Almsman: The Almsman has recently started providing sanctuary and assistance to the city’s beggars. He is a mysterious figure who wears a mask, but most folk believe he is a priest. Most of the city’s poor do not know where his sanctuary is—those who do know won’t tell.[/b]

How do you want to find this "sewers"?

Dark Archive

HP 10/12 | AC 14 T 10 FF 14 DR 1/cold iron | F +3 R +0 W +3 | CMD 12 | Init +8 | Perc +7 SM +3 | Channel (3/5) | Active Effects: --

Diplomacy (Gather Information): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

"That helps. Thank you, Venture Captain." Baltzar turns to the others. "Shall we search the harbor?"

Liberty's Edge

M Human bolt ace 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 18; Tch 14; FF 14 | F +3; R +6; W +3 | CMB +1; CMD 15 | Init +6 | Perc +6

Kn Local: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

"I have heard of the Steel Wyverns, they like to fight with spiked chains. They used be something around here but now are little more than thugs."

Stonelance looks across the room, wondering if the information would be pertinent to the group.

Scarab Sages

N Ratfolk Alchemist (Interrogator) 1 | HP: 5/10 | AC: 17{Current 19} (13 Tch, 15 {17} Fl) +2 vs Animals | CMB: -2, CMD: 10 | F: +4, R: +4, W: -1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: -1 | Speed 20ft/15ft w/pack | Injections: 5/6 | Formula: Level 1: 3/3 | Active conditions: Firebelly (Fire Resist 5); Shock Shield (+2 Shield AC and can 1 time aoe burst).

Diplomacy (Gather Info): 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 = 0

Stepping out of the lodge for a moment, the Dr asks a passing citizen for further details. As the human spits in his face, rather than answer, he steps back in.

"Racist palefaces...everywh...Uh...I've not heard of any of them. No offense intended palefaces. I've just...well, I tend to have issues with the social graces. If any are interested, I do have a vaccine that tends to make them more amicable. You see, just a small injection and they suddenly..." Pausing as he looks to those present, he smiles "I suppose you don't particular need to know my plight."

"So, shall we try this sewer grate to the north? Or one of you have a better plan?"

Grand Lodge

LN Halfling Investigator 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 17 (T 13, FF 14) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 | F: +4, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft | Extracts: CLW 1/1, Shield 1/1 | Inspiration 3/3 | Active conditions: None (okay ever so slightly pissed off)

Angela angrily strides out of the room just in time for the Venture-Captain's information. "Useless vagabond, didn't listen to a word I said."

Knowledge Local w/ Inspiration: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (14) + 7 + (2) = 23

After the VC's words, Angela muses aloud, "Hmm, are we sure this is the dimension he was supposed to come from? But that's besides the point. From the few reports I've had time to glance over before filing them away, the Almsman apparently has been giving assistance to the city's beggars, though who he is or where his base is no one will say. But he might be a good person to try talking to as he is the only definitive thing our 'prince'" with this word her voice takes a note of derision, "has provided us with."

She gives Dr. Whiskerson a hard look after his mention of a vaccine, almost as if seeing him for the first time. "A vaccine that makes people amicable, you say? It's nothing that causes undue harm or pain? If so then that might be immeasurably useful. But yes you are right we should focus on verifying if there is a portal or not. The sewer grate to the north sounds good, failing that we could try catching one of these 'Steel Wyverns.'"

Dark Archive

Male Nagaji Bloodrager 02 HP 22/22 - AC: 16 /T: 11 /FF: 15 - Perception +8 - F: +5 / R: +1 /W: +2 - CMB +6 - CMD +17 - Speed 40 - Init. +3

As the venture captain explains the mission's details Yelek just shrugs:"You heard the ventrue captain? It isss time to hunt down sssome beggarsss" he hisses moving towards the streets...

Ready to go

Dark Archive

HP 10/12 | AC 14 T 10 FF 14 DR 1/cold iron | F +3 R +0 W +3 | CMD 12 | Init +8 | Perc +7 SM +3 | Channel (3/5) | Active Effects: --

"No, I don't think we're hunting beggars," Baltzar corrects the scaled nagaji. "They might have witnessed the portal, though."

Grand Lodge

ES1 map

I apologize for the delay. I've been having issues accessing Paizo

I need a Perception, Knowledge Local, or Gather Information to locate the sewer outlet that you are searching for

Liberty's Edge

M Human bolt ace 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 18; Tch 14; FF 14 | F +3; R +6; W +3 | CMB +1; CMD 15 | Init +6 | Perc +6

Kn Local: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

"I do believe I know where a sewer outlet is located, should give us easy access and maybe we can quickly get to the bottom of this nonsense" Stonelance informs the group and heads off in the direction of the sewer entrance.

Grand Lodge

LN Halfling Investigator 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 17 (T 13, FF 14) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 | F: +4, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft | Extracts: CLW 1/1, Shield 1/1 | Inspiration 3/3 | Active conditions: None (okay ever so slightly pissed off)

"Well then, Mr... Stonelance, was it? Please lead away." With this Angela picks up her pack with an oof and follows after the human.

Grand Lodge

ES1 map

The group easily finds the sewer outlet due to Stonelace's excellent knowledge of the area.

The sewer tunnels under Augustana are divided into two types, major passages and minor passages. Both types have a single walkway running along one wall (the west wall of a north-south tunnel, or the north wall of an east-west tunnel). The ceilings are generally about 6 feet above the walkways. Minor tunnels have a channel 5 feet wide and 3 feet deep through which effluvium flows. The channels in major tunnels are 10 feet wide and 5 feet deep. Where passages meet, there are usually planks laid across the channels to allow pedestrians to cross from
one walkway to the other.

The water in the channel is revoltingly filthy. When the group enters the sewers by the outflow pipe the first 100 feet are a major passage without a walkway, so the group will need to wade or swim through the filth.

The smell of waste and rot is strong in this large chamber where filthy water flows in a series of cascades between tiered stone tanks. A raised platform along the east wall is connected to the passage’s walkways by several thick wooden planks creating a makeshift bridge. On that platform is what looks to be a makeshift alchemy lab on a rough-hewn table—beakers, glass vials, dirty bottles, and moldy buckets cover the entire surface of the table.

On the other side of the channel are three humanoid beings. The lead one a burly man addressed the group as soon as they can be seen.

"Drop all your gear, hand over your money, and go back the way they came “or else."

Fort Saves DC 11:

Dr Whiskerson: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 5 - 2 = 19 Someone didn't follow the directions in the discussion tab
Baltzar: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Syl’las: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17
Stonelance: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Angela: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
1d3 ⇒ 3

Dark Archive

HP 10/12 | AC 14 T 10 FF 14 DR 1/cold iron | F +3 R +0 W +3 | CMD 12 | Init +8 | Perc +7 SM +3 | Channel (3/5) | Active Effects: --

Baltzar sighs as they are threatened, "Really? We just arrived, and you know what we had to go through to get here."

The shaman begins an enchantment to nullify the situation.

Action:
Standard: Cast sleep.

The spell affects 4 HD worth of creatures, staring with the lowest HD creature first. Will save vs. DC 12 or fall asleep for 1 minute.

Grand Lodge

ES1 map

At the words of his guards, the old man moves to the workbench. Baltzar responds to the comments by starting the cast of a spell, making the guards attack.

Initiative:

Green: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Red: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Yellow: 1d20 ⇒ 5
Dr Whiskerson: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Baltzar: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Syl’las: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Stonelance: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Angela: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

COMBAT Round 1

Baltzar
Stonelance
Red
Syl'las
Green
Dr. Whiskerson
Angela
Yellow

Saves:
Will Save Green: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15
Will Save Red: 1d20 ⇒ 13

The spell seems to go off, but does not seem to affect the guards at all

In bold may post.

Liberty's Edge

M Human bolt ace 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 18; Tch 14; FF 14 | F +3; R +6; W +3 | CMB +1; CMD 15 | Init +6 | Perc +6

Stonelance immediate responds to the guards aggression by raising his crossbow and taking aim at the thug across the channel from him.

crossbow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2

"Damn, rushed it." mutters Stonelance to himself feeling that his shot was off.


standard to attack
move to reload

Grand Lodge

ES1 map

The red thug growls and rushes forward jumping onto one of the platforms and striking out at Baltzar with a spiked chain. "Now you fools prepare to die" he says

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Attack vs AC: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

COMBAT Round 1

Baltzar
Stonelance
Red
Syl'las
Green
Dr. Whiskerson
Angela

Yellow

In bold may post.

Scarab Sages

N Ratfolk Alchemist (Interrogator) 1 | HP: 5/10 | AC: 17{Current 19} (13 Tch, 15 {17} Fl) +2 vs Animals | CMB: -2, CMD: 10 | F: +4, R: +4, W: -1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: -1 | Speed 20ft/15ft w/pack | Injections: 5/6 | Formula: Level 1: 3/3 | Active conditions: Firebelly (Fire Resist 5); Shock Shield (+2 Shield AC and can 1 time aoe burst).

"Actually, I rather enjoy living." Replies Nibbles, as he shrugs out of his pack.

The ratfolk scowls at the filth seperating the and scurries towards the bridge.

Double move. Marked backpack location with an 'x' in case it becomes relevant

-Posted with Wayfinder

Sovereign Court

Female Vishkanya HP 13/13| AC 16, T 13, FF 13| Fort +0*, Ref +6*, Will +1*| Init +3; Perc +6(+7 to locate traps)|Bardic Performance 0/4

Syl'las moves away from the group and leaps to the pillar. Move
acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

She reaches into her belt pouch and pulls a thin dart and a vial from it, and then smears the substance onto the dart.standard,applying a poison to the dart

Grand Lodge

LN Halfling Investigator 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 17 (T 13, FF 14) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 | F: +4, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft | Extracts: CLW 1/1, Shield 1/1 | Inspiration 3/3 | Active conditions: None (okay ever so slightly pissed off)

Angela gives a sigh as the men start clamoring about giving up supplies. She drops her pack and pulls out her longspear. free action to drop the bag and move to draw her weapon Just as soon as Syl’las moves out of the way, she steps up 5 foot step, that is in to the newly freed space. "Thank you Syl’las, that's just what I needed."

She then takes a stab at the man on the pillar.

Longspear: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Grand Lodge

ES1 map

Syl'las you will either need to use your acrobatics check to move through threatened space at half speed, or provoke an AoO. If you use acrobatics, you don't have enough movement to be where you are. Let me know which one you want to do.

Dr. Whiskerson moves into position. The green thug jumps to a pillar and attempts to crush Dr. Whiskerson with his chain.

acrobatics DC 5: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Attack vs AC: 1d20 ⇒ 3

Angela grabs her spear and moves into the space vacated by Syl'las and strikes out at the thug. Her footing is a little shaky and she misses to the left.

The old man (yellow) moves towards Dr. Whiskerson and throws a bag at him. but misses as good splatters against the wall.

Ranged vs Touch AC: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (8) - 2 = 6

COMBAT Round 2

Baltzar
Stonelance

Red
Syl'las
Green
Dr. Whiskerson
Angela
Yellow

In bold may post.

Sovereign Court

Female Vishkanya HP 13/13| AC 16, T 13, FF 13| Fort +0*, Ref +6*, Will +1*| Init +3; Perc +6(+7 to locate traps)|Bardic Performance 0/4

Yes, I will use acrobatics to avoid the AOO. Thanks.

Liberty's Edge

M Human bolt ace 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 18; Tch 14; FF 14 | F +3; R +6; W +3 | CMB +1; CMD 15 | Init +6 | Perc +6

Stonelance quietly steps forward to fill the void in front of him and raises crossbow and takes aim in one fluid motion. Than gently squeezes the trigger.

targeting red

crossbow (pbs): 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 1 = 27
damage (pbs): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

crit confirm: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 1 = 20
crit dmg: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


5-foot step
standard to attack
move to reload

Dark Archive

HP 10/12 | AC 14 T 10 FF 14 DR 1/cold iron | F +3 R +0 W +3 | CMD 12 | Init +8 | Perc +7 SM +3 | Channel (3/5) | Active Effects: --

Baltzar moves down the walkway and withdraws his sling, turning as he hears the snap of Stonelance's crossbow.

Actions:
Move: Move 20 ft, provoking from Red if he has Combat Reflexes
Move: Draw weapon (sling)

Grand Lodge

ES1 map

Yassik did not have his initiative in the block at the start of combat, so he is in delay somewhere, and is welcome to come out at any time. Also, red has not taken an AoO as Syl'las used acrobatics to avoid it.

Baltzar moves down the hallway and pulls out his sling to attack the thug. As he moves the red thug swings his spiked chain and connects with Baltzar's ribs. Baltzar feels a flash of pain and hears cracking as a few of his ribs are broken by the blow. In the attack though, the thug puts himself off balance and takes a crossbow bolt through the eye. Blood says out the back of his skull as he falls into the sewer water and floats toward the the entrance that you just came through.

AoO: 1d20 ⇒ 19
Damage: 2d4 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5

Baltzar
Stonelance
Yelek (in delay)
Syl'las

Green
Dr. Whiskerson
Angela
Yellow

In bold may post.

Sovereign Court

Female Vishkanya HP 13/13| AC 16, T 13, FF 13| Fort +0*, Ref +6*, Will +1*| Init +3; Perc +6(+7 to locate traps)|Bardic Performance 0/4

Syl'las takes advantage of the open pillar and jumps in where the red thug just was, pulling out her blow gun as she lands. She places the needle in the tube and aims for the back of yellow.
acrobatics for jump: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
damage: 1d2 ⇒ 1
if it is a hit, DC 13 fortitude save or he is unconscious for a minute and suffers 1 wisdom damage. It is Dusk Agate Extract/ chronicle #3

Dark Archive

Male Nagaji Bloodrager 02 HP 22/22 - AC: 16 /T: 11 /FF: 15 - Perception +8 - F: +5 / R: +1 /W: +2 - CMB +6 - CMD +17 - Speed 40 - Init. +3

Yelek moves towards the old man passing his companions as he bransishes his greatsword

Double move

Grand Lodge

ES1 map

Yelled coming out of his stupor moves forward pulling out his great sword. As he moves down the walkway a thug lashes out with his spiked chain, but is too slow. Distracted, the thug doesn't see Syl'las jump onto the pillar. Syl'las deftly shoots a dart at the old man, who collapses onto the floor. The thug seeing the man drop to the ground swings his spiked chain at Syl'las, but misses horribly.

AoO vs AC: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Dort Save DC 13: 1d20 ⇒ 2
Green Atack vs AC: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Round 2/3

Baltzar (-5 hpts)
Stonelance
Yelled

Syl'las
Green
Dr. Whiskerson
Angela

Yellow (unconscious)

In bold may post.

Scarab Sages

N Ratfolk Alchemist (Interrogator) 1 | HP: 5/10 | AC: 17{Current 19} (13 Tch, 15 {17} Fl) +2 vs Animals | CMB: -2, CMD: 10 | F: +4, R: +4, W: -1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: -1 | Speed 20ft/15ft w/pack | Injections: 5/6 | Formula: Level 1: 3/3 | Active conditions: Firebelly (Fire Resist 5); Shock Shield (+2 Shield AC and can 1 time aoe burst).

Rnd 2
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Cautiously Nibbles tiptoes across the bridge. "Don't kill the old man! We may be able to gain something useful." he hollers to his companions.

Acrobatics to avoid AoO - Double Move

1 to 50 of 172 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Aosrax PFS #00-13 The Prince of Augustana Discussion All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.