Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

GM_All_Stars_Darkmoon_Vale_Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master Azure_Zero

GM rotated Darkmoon vale module series.


201 to 250 of 324 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Male Human Rogue

Since Vero threw the lamp oil, he has remained motionless, staring at the burned spiders; that is, until Nummil posed his question. Thankfully, before the rogue could reluctantly reply, Vaashti replied with her own story - releasing the vice grip of interest on Vero.

"Perhaps I can search the body now..." he said, trying to change the subject, at this point pretty much expecting the corpse itself to rear up and bite him.


it takes a while for the flames to die down,

those searching, I need perception checks.


Male Human Rogue

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17


Female Ifrit Savage Urban Barbarian 1

Maqli also moves to search the body.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22


Male Sylph Air Wizard (Wind Listener) 1

Nummil stands by as the others search the body. He's wary for more spiders to appear and also reluctant to touch the bloodied corpse so he scans the area instead.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22


Nummil Blueskin:
Among the implements on the
table are two masterwork silver daggers
and a damp rotten bundle of herbs
He was not searching the body, but the room


Bump


Female Ifrit Savage Urban Barbarian 1

Not sure what you're looking for, DM. But is anyone else here?


Male Human Rogue

Been checking daily, I was hoping for Nummil to post after that perception check


Vero Inious wrote:
Been checking daily, I was hoping for Nummil to post after that perception check

Same here, or anyone's actions


Merciful Healer 1
stats:
AC 18 T 12 FF 16 | F +3 R +2 W +6 | Init +2 | Perc +3
status:
HP: 10/10 | spells remaining: 1st (3/3) | channel 1d6 (1/3)

Been checking daily as well. Vaashti is sort of out of the immediate story until more actions are done.


Male Sylph Air Wizard (Wind Listener) 1

Sorry! I've been checking daily too but must have forgotten to post!

Nummil approaches the table and curiously looks at the silver daggers.

"Mmm how curious... silver daggers. Those aren't very common are they?"

Knowledge(arcana?): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Nummil places the daggers back on the table and takes a look at the bundle of herbs.

"And what's this? Some rotten herbs? My brain's trying to tell me something... but what...?"


HP: 1/24, AC: 16:13:13 CMD: 15 Saves: 8:6:8 Init: +2 Skills Dip +10, Per +9, Sen Mot +9

she asks
"Herbs, what type of herbs?"

Know(Nature) or survival to ID


Female Ifrit Savage Urban Barbarian 1

"Maybe to get out and do something, young master," Maqli smirks.


Male Human Rogue

(Survival) 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

"Can't say I know much about herbs" Vero grimmaced

The rogue's eyes lit up when he saw the daggers laying on the table. The rogue moved efficiently and smoothly towards one the daggers to swipe it into his hands and examine it.

"It must have took a master craftsman to make this, the blade has been polished to a sheen, the edge could probably cut through an entire battalion without wearing."

The wielder of the dagger then began to make quick and precise movements.

"The dagger itself is light and sturdy, like I'm swinging a feather...even the grip feels like it was made to rest in a man's hand for days on end." Vero exclaimed, sounding the closest thing to excited as possible for him.


Merciful Healer 1
stats:
AC 18 T 12 FF 16 | F +3 R +2 W +6 | Init +2 | Perc +3
status:
HP: 10/10 | spells remaining: 1st (3/3) | channel 1d6 (1/3)

"Sounds as if Master Vero has found himself another traveling companion."

"Well, if this place has been burnt for years, and no one has looked into this room before, I have to wonder about the chains and other blades here. Who put them to use...and why?"

Vaashti knelt beside the woman's corpse and inspected it for cause of death. heal: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


That was done already, her cause of death was her throat being torn out.

Vero Inious:
the herbs are Wolf's Bane.


Merciful Healer 1
stats:
AC 18 T 12 FF 16 | F +3 R +2 W +6 | Init +2 | Perc +3
status:
HP: 10/10 | spells remaining: 1st (3/3) | channel 1d6 (1/3)

My apologies. I must have forgotten that part.

"So, where do we go from here? Any chance on finding more tracks that might lead us to the children?"


Male Human Rogue

"Wolfsbane...of all the herbs in-" Vero muttered before pausing mid sentence.

"Poison, daggers, corpses...spiders. I can't say the children's chances look good"

Vero then replaced his worn dagger in his wrist sheath with the silver dagger.


HP: 1/24, AC: 16:13:13 CMD: 15 Saves: 8:6:8 Init: +2 Skills Dip +10, Per +9, Sen Mot +9

"Did I hear you right in that you said Wolfsbane.
I hope that does not mean, what I think it means."


Female Ifrit Savage Urban Barbarian 1

"Aye." Maqli shifts her grip on the axe, glancing at the herbs and the daggers. "Even I know what that adds up to, from my time in Absalom."


HP: 1/24, AC: 16:13:13 CMD: 15 Saves: 8:6:8 Init: +2 Skills Dip +10, Per +9, Sen Mot +9

she sarcastically adds
"Oh, I'm feeling the warm fuzzies already."


Male Sylph Air Wizard (Wind Listener) 1

"Wolfsbane?"

Nummil stands still for a second and watches Vero put away a silver dagger.

"Wolfsbane and silver daggers... I've read about those two things in a book once. Lycanthropes...."

The sylph wavers slightly. Things were getting serious way too fast now. He almost wished he was back with his books. Turning back now wasn't an option though. Those poor children.


Merciful Healer 1
stats:
AC 18 T 12 FF 16 | F +3 R +2 W +6 | Init +2 | Perc +3
status:
HP: 10/10 | spells remaining: 1st (3/3) | channel 1d6 (1/3)

"Lycanthropes? You mean werewolves and such? I agree, this isn't good. not good at all. Do you think it was one of the children that did this?"


HP: 1/24, AC: 16:13:13 CMD: 15 Saves: 8:6:8 Init: +2 Skills Dip +10, Per +9, Sen Mot +9

"Of the missing children, I don't think so, since the corpse is old."


Merciful Healer 1
stats:
AC 18 T 12 FF 16 | F +3 R +2 W +6 | Init +2 | Perc +3
status:
HP: 10/10 | spells remaining: 1st (3/3) | channel 1d6 (1/3)

"No, I meant one of the children that lived here when the place was burned."


HP: 1/24, AC: 16:13:13 CMD: 15 Saves: 8:6:8 Init: +2 Skills Dip +10, Per +9, Sen Mot +9

"That could be...."


Male Human Rogue

"Would a child be able to tear out a woman's throat?" Vero asked rhetorically.


Merciful Healer 1
stats:
AC 18 T 12 FF 16 | F +3 R +2 W +6 | Init +2 | Perc +3
status:
HP: 10/10 | spells remaining: 1st (3/3) | channel 1d6 (1/3)

"Would a lycanthrope child be able to? I don't know much about werefolk, but I thought they became exceptionally strong and vicious when the lycanthropy took hold of them."


Female Ifrit Savage Urban Barbarian 1

Maqli nods at Vero's question and Vaashti's answer. "Same here. Also heard they do it just a few times a month, with the full moon, and that they grow larger in size and can rip a man in half with one swipe of a paw. 'Course, I also heard that they morph every night, and even some tales that they can do it whenever they want, but they're not that much stronger as a wolf or whatever." Maqli shrugs, as if silently commenting on the availability but lack of truth when it comes to information gleaned as a hotspur.


Male Sylph Air Wizard (Wind Listener) 1

"plenty of stories, I've read a few. But what now? "
Nummillooks around to both the cellar and the group hoping someone has a good idea.


Male Sylph Air Wizard (Wind Listener) 1

"Speechless eh?". Nummil left hand is still holding on to a black wand you've all seen him wave about. It looked rather ugly for a wand but Nummil didn't mind. It had helped him cast his first spell and still helped him do so today. Too bad it wouldn't help him think of what to do now.


Female Ifrit Savage Urban Barbarian 1

Maqli shrugs. "Head back to town? Let them know what we've found? Or keep looking for the kids." She hefts the axe onto her shoulder. "I go where you do, young master."


Merciful Healer 1
stats:
AC 18 T 12 FF 16 | F +3 R +2 W +6 | Init +2 | Perc +3
status:
HP: 10/10 | spells remaining: 1st (3/3) | channel 1d6 (1/3)

"I would think that heading back now would be a waste of valuable time. If the missing children did indeed make it out this way, there is every likelihood that they are still out here somewhere, and a lycanthrope int he area is bad news."


Male Sylph Air Wizard (Wind Listener) 1

"Mmmm yes, let's see what we can find around the house. Maybe there's a hint or print about."


Do you search for tracks on the grounds of the burnt Half-way house?


Merciful Healer 1
stats:
AC 18 T 12 FF 16 | F +3 R +2 W +6 | Init +2 | Perc +3
status:
HP: 10/10 | spells remaining: 1st (3/3) | channel 1d6 (1/3)

Was hoping someone else had better "tracking" skills and will step up. But...

Vaashti began looking around for more tracks from the children. They had mostly followed them here, so if they were around, maybe...

perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14


Female Ifrit Savage Urban Barbarian 1

Maqli also looks around, scanning for tracks.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20


Maqli:
You find the childrens tracks and find kobold tracks.


Female Ifrit Savage Urban Barbarian 1

"Ah, Gorum's codpiece," Maqli curses, pointing. "Found the kids--and looks like some kobolds found 'em too. We'd better get a move on." Axe in hand, Maqli starts moving forward, following the tracks, though she makes sure to keep Nummil close at hand. "Keep up, young master," she says, actually sounding a little impatient.


Male Human Rogue

"I think kobolds will be the least of our worries..." Vero muttered with his usual cynicism. The rouge then walked back to the table, took the wolfsbane and carefully put it in his belt pouch. He then grabbed the remaining dagger and offered it to the members of the group.

"Here. I don't want MY throat being torn out because of the incompetence of you four."Vero stated, showing very little respect for his comrades or the deceased.


Merciful Healer 1
stats:
AC 18 T 12 FF 16 | F +3 R +2 W +6 | Init +2 | Perc +3
status:
HP: 10/10 | spells remaining: 1st (3/3) | channel 1d6 (1/3)

"Someone else had better take that. It seems that if the dagger is needed, my skills might be better employed elsewhere." Vaashti scowled at Vero, not for the first time, and wondered why the Everbloom had entwined her fate with his. Then, she adjusted her pack and headed off after Maqli.


HP: 1/24, AC: 16:13:13 CMD: 15 Saves: 8:6:8 Init: +2 Skills Dip +10, Per +9, Sen Mot +9

"Let's just hope that wolf is not around and hunting"


Female Ifrit Savage Urban Barbarian 1

Maqli pauses as Vero offers up the knife, and after a moment, she returns back and takes it. "Believe me, I know how to use one of these," she says before he can comment on her competence. "I've had to scare off and injure my share of would-be thugs."

With that said, Maqli sticks the dagger in her belt and resumes following the trail.


Male Sylph Air Wizard (Wind Listener) 1

"Kobolds? Well they're a bunch of nasty creatures. But they're not lycanthropes as far as I know. But I'm not sure the kids are better off."

Nummil quickly joins Maqli and the rest, hoping that they won't have too much trouble following the trail. While he lets the others track the kobolds, Nummil tries to think of what he knows about kobolds, he hasn't read a lot about them but he remembers them being mentioned in several books on dragons and draconic magic.

Knowledge(arcana): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Taking some liberty here, feel free to ignore the check if you feel it's not appropriate


Nummil:
They are small humanoid of the reptilian subtype, who generally live underground, and mine.
They can see in the dark, have tough skin, and tend to have loads of traps to defend their home.
They tend to look up to dragons and also tend to serve one if they get the chance.


Male Sylph Air Wizard (Wind Listener) 1

As they follow the tracks Nummil slowly recollects what he has read about Kobolds. "Did you know that Kobolds are infamous for using a lot of traps to defend their homes? They're a bunch of devious little critters so we better be a bit careful where we walk."

The thought of traps had Nummil slow down a bit as if he expected to be a trap right in his path. He looked around and tilted his head a bit as he wondered what kind of traps the kobolds would build.

Take 10 on Perception: 10+4=14, then moving on again.

"What's even more interesting though is the kobold's fascination with dragons. Yes that's right, they revere dragons. But we haven't seen any dragon prints have we now?" Nummil tells the group with a big grin on his face.


Merciful Healer 1
stats:
AC 18 T 12 FF 16 | F +3 R +2 W +6 | Init +2 | Perc +3
status:
HP: 10/10 | spells remaining: 1st (3/3) | channel 1d6 (1/3)

"I should bloody well hope not! Dragons might eb more than a fair bit more than we can handle. If the children are fortunate, perhaps we can catch up to them before the kobolds do."


Female Ifrit Savage Urban Barbarian 1

"Ayup," Maqli says, peering around to check for traps. "Nasty little buggers, kobolds."

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24


rand: 1d20 ⇒ 12

Evil GM grin

201 to 250 of 324 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM All Stars Darkmoon Vale Campaign Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.