Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

GM alientude's Shackled City

Game Master Kyle Smith 700

The frontier city of Cauldron has a dark future rapidly approaching. Will a disparate band of adventurers be able to save it?


851 to 900 of 1,108 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>

HP 15/18 AC 18/11/17 (19/12/17 when adjacent to 2 allies) F +4, R +1, W -1 (R +2 when adjacent to 2 allies)

Adolphus nods.

"It is just as well, then. I will continue to use my own sword, then."


retired

Valamont swaps out his worn studded leather for one of the dwarven made chain shirts. After doing so, he slips a spiked gauntlet onto his right hand and then hangs a warhammer from a loop on his left hip. Seeing that Adolphus passed over the exceptional great axe, he turns and asks, "Is no one else interested in wielding this? If not, then I might take it up. Mother might like a bit of a break after that filthy ogre, after all."

Are we ready to move on? Through the secret door to the south?


Male Dwarf Cave Druid 2

Darthal looks over the weapons and armor with some interest, but sees none he is inclined to use (and also considers that he's nearly as weighted down as he can get).

"Let us be on our way, then. And remember, our foes left these all here. That probably means they are better-armed."

Yes, through the secret door.


Aasimar (6/6 channel +ve, 7/7 ferocity, 7/7 adoration) Cleric 1 HP: 10/10 | CMD: 12 | AC: 18 (T: 11 / FF:17) | Fort +5 / Ref +1 / Will +8

Diurn prepares to bless the group as they open the door.


Male Dwarf Cave Druid 2

Darthal stands loosely at the ready, warpick ready to attack anything that attacks out of the secret door. Unlikely it may be, but 3378 years ago a dwarf was surprised when an enemy stood guard on the other side of a hidden door, and the Dwarves do not forget!


retired

*cough*


Aasimar (6/6 channel +ve, 7/7 ferocity, 7/7 adoration) Cleric 1 HP: 10/10 | CMD: 12 | AC: 18 (T: 11 / FF:17) | Fort +5 / Ref +1 / Will +8

Diurn adjusts himself.


retired

Valamont stretches and rolls his shoulders several times before taking a few practice swings with the huge axe.

He harshly whispers down to his scabbard, Oh come now, don't be jealous.


Aasimar (6/6 channel +ve, 7/7 ferocity, 7/7 adoration) Cleric 1 HP: 10/10 | CMD: 12 | AC: 18 (T: 11 / FF:17) | Fort +5 / Ref +1 / Will +8

Diurn stretches.


Male Dwarf Cave Druid 2

Darthal wiggles slightly to adjust his beard, then stands back on guard.


Male Human Gunslinger (Pistolero) 1/Rogue 1

Luc checks his gun to make sure it is working.


Dreygard and Dorian volunteer to carry the various unused weapons and armor back to the surface while the rest of the group continues their exploration.

Valamont pushes the hidden button Dreygard noticed and the secret door to the south swings open, revealing a large room, unpleasantly warm and filled with the stench of hot metal and ash. A blazing forge dominates the east wall, flanked by malachite caryatids depicting dwarven metalsmiths. In front of the hearth rests a ten-foot-wide, twenty-foot-long slab of gray stone surmounted by two black anvils. Barrels of water and metalsmithing tools rest nearby. Two iron cages, each one five feet tall and two feet wide, dangle from the ceiling by iron chains. The bottoms of the cages hang five feet above the floor, and the giant fire beetles locked within them shed a lurid orange glow.

Atop the stone slab, a female dwarf and three goblins hammer away at a pair of newly forged javelins while two halflings, one male and one female, sit on the floor nearby, linking together tiny chains for what will ultimately become a suit of armor. The dwarf and halflings have manacles binding their ankles.

Four hobgoblin guards oversee the work of the slaves and goblins, but they look bored and unaware. The room’s inhabitants look up in surprise as the secret door opens.

Spoiler:
Initiative Rolls
Adolphus: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Valamont: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Darthal: 1d20 ⇒ 7
Diurn: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Luc: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Goblins: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Hobgoblins: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Initiative Order - Surprise Round

Valamont
Luc
Darthal
Adolphus
Diurn

Map


Male Human Gunslinger (Pistolero) 1/Rogue 1

Luc shoots goblin #1, apply FF AC since further than 20', but apply PB feat and sneak attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 1 + (5) = 8


retired

Surprise Round, Initiative 20
Seeing a large number of ne'er–do–wells, Valamont prepares for a fight and intones a spell.

Swift Action: Activate Spell Dance
Standard Action: Cast chill touch, hold the charge

Status:

HP: 15/15
AC: 15 (11 T / 14 FF) (+2 vs AoOs)
CMD: 14
F/R/W: +4/+2/+3 (+1 vs mind effecting, +2 vs enchantment)
Arcane Pool Used: 1/3
Prepared Cantrips (4): dancing lights, daze, flare, ghost sound
Prepared 1st Level Spells (2+1): chill touch [X], shield [ ], shield [ ]

-Ongoing Effects-
Spell Dance (+10 movement speed, +2 AC vs AoOs): 1/10
chill touch charge held: +1d6 damage, +1 Str damage, Fort Save DC 13 negates Str damage


Aasimar (6/6 channel +ve, 7/7 ferocity, 7/7 adoration) Cleric 1 HP: 10/10 | CMD: 12 | AC: 18 (T: 11 / FF:17) | Fort +5 / Ref +1 / Will +8

Diurn casts a blessing while grasping his holy symbol.

Arshea smiles upon the group. +1 to hit +1 vs fear


Male Dwarf Cave Druid 2

Darthal, seeing a hobgoblin slaver caught flat-footed, charges hobgoblin #1, swinging his pick in a hard blow.

Pick to the frontal lobe: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22 for 1d6 ⇒ 3

He calls out to the manacled slaves : "Rescue is here! Rise and slay!"


HP 15/18 AC 18/11/17 (19/12/17 when adjacent to 2 allies) F +4, R +1, W -1 (R +2 when adjacent to 2 allies)

Adolphus also charges hobgoblin #1, assuming that Darthal is not in his way.

Greatsword, Charge
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
2d6 + 6 ⇒ (1, 2) + 6 = 9


Male Dwarf Cave Druid 2

I'm afraid Darthal is in his way -- the only charge lane I have given my movement speed is three squares straight SE, and I don't see any way that doesn't block Adolphus charging. Me, the pillar, and the barrel form a nice wall. Plus the corner of the doorway in his way.


HP 15/18 AC 18/11/17 (19/12/17 when adjacent to 2 allies) F +4, R +1, W -1 (R +2 when adjacent to 2 allies)

In that case, he'll charge hobgoblin #3.


GM roll:

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Valamont casts a spell, causing an aura of cold to radiate from him, yet he seems to be moving more gracefully than ever. Luc takes careful aim with his pistol and shoots, but just barley hits, tracing a wound across the skin of the goblin rather than the bullet lodging into the creature.

Goblin #1 (and Hobgblin #1, for that matter) are not within 30 feet, so Point Blank Shot does not apply. Also, ranged sneak attack requires you to be within 30 feet of the target. Finally, don’t forget range increments – Goblin #1 is 40 feet away, so that’s a -2 to your attack. Final total to hit was 10 + 5 – 2 = 13, which does hit the flat-footed AC.

Darthal’s charge catches the hobgoblin completely by surprise, and the sturdy dwarf strikes a blow at the hobgoblin slaver. His cry to the manacled slaves elicits little immediate response – the female dwarf looks dully at the group, while the male halfling’s eyes go wide, though whether with fear or hope is impossible to tell. Only the female halfling seems to take heart at Darthal’s words.

Adolphus moves into the room, ready to fight.

This is the surprise round, so you can only charge your movement, rather than double. As Darthal said, Adolphus doesn’t have a charge lane to hobgoblin #3, so I had you move in. Retcon if desired.

Diurn calls Arshea’s blessing upon the group, the divine magic bolstering your courage and steadying your attacks.

Initiative Order – Round 1

Valamont
Goblins
Luc
Darthal
Hobgoblins
Adolphus
Diurn

Need Valamont’s action, then I’ll post the goblins turns.

Map

Creature Notes (GM only please):

Goblin #1: 9/11 hp
Goblin #2: 2/2 hp
Goblin #3: 10/10 hp

Hobgoblin #1: 14/17 hp
Hobgoblin #2: 17/17 hp
Hobgoblin #3: 17/17 hp
Hobgoblin #4: 17/17 hp

Sondor Ironfold: 1/1 hp
Jeneer Everdawn: 3/3 hp
Maple: 9/9 hp– acts just before Luc if able


HP 15/18 AC 18/11/17 (19/12/17 when adjacent to 2 allies) F +4, R +1, W -1 (R +2 when adjacent to 2 allies)

Okay, that works.


retired

Round 1, Initiative 20

Valamont gracefully dashes into the room and cuts to the left to support Darthal. As he slips in behind the hobgoblin, he hefts his newly acquired axe overhead and swings with abandon.

Move Action: move to square just south of Hobgoblin 1
Swift Action: Activate Arcane Strike
Standard Action: Chop!

Mwk Greataxe (arcane strike): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10for: 1d12 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
the hobgoblin is still flat-footed, but I doubt a 10 hits regardless

Status:

HP: 15/15
AC: 15 (11 T / 14 FF)
CMD: 14
F/R/W: +4/+2/+3 (+1 vs mind effecting, +2 vs enchantment)
Arcane Pool Used: 1/3
Prepared Cantrips (4): dancing lights, daze, flare, ghost sound
Prepared 1st Level Spells (2+1): chill touch [X], shield [ ], shield [ ]

-Ongoing Effects-
Arcane Strike +0/+1
Spell Dance (+10 movement speed, +2 AC vs AoOs): 2/10
chill touch charge held: +1d6 damage, +1 Str damage, Fort Save DC 13 negates Str damage


Male Human Gunslinger (Pistolero) 1/Rogue 1

GM, I miscounted the squares but then in that case, Luc would have delayed to let Darthal move in first and then he would have taken a 5' step south (leaving him 4 diagonal squares away from Hobgoblin #1 which is 30'), but it's fine either way.


Luc: If you'd done that, the Hobgoblin would've been in melee, giving you a -4 to hit since you don't have Precise Shot. That would've caused your attack to miss, so we'll stick to the original.

Valamont's adroit movement is belied by the somewhat awkward swing of his new axe. Perhaps the unfamiliarity of the weapon caused the attack to miss.

The goblins shriek at your intrusion, a gleeful look on their faces.

Goblin #1 attack on Valamont: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6
Goblin #2 attack on Adolphus: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Goblin #3 attack on Valamont: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 (Hit) for 1d3 ⇒ 3 damage.

Goblin #1 swings the hammer he's holding at Valamont, but whiffs badly. The goblin throws his weapon down, a look of disgust on his face, and pulls a small blade from his belt.

Goblin #2 drops down from the anvil and saunters up to Adolphus and swings his hammer at the knight. The attack comes nowhere close to Adolphus, however, and the goblin suddenly looks much less confident in his attacks.

Goblin #3 also drops from the anvil and approaches Valamont. The swing of his hammer is accurate, and it hits Valamont in the arm, but compared to some of the other creatures you've fought, the goblin has little force behind the blow.

Initiative Order - Round 1 (italics = yet to act this round)

Valamont
Goblins
Luc
Darthal
Hobgoblins
Adolphus
Diurn

Map

Creature notes (GM only):

Goblin #1: 9/11 hp
Goblin #2: 2/2 hp
Goblin #3: 10/10 hp

Hobgoblin #1: 14/17 hp
Hobgoblin #2: 17/17 hp
Hobgoblin #3: 17/17 hp
Hobgoblin #4: 17/17 hp

Sondor Ironfold: 1/1 hp
Jeneer Everdawn: 3/3 hp
Maple: 9/9 hp– acts just before Luc if able


Aasimar (6/6 channel +ve, 7/7 ferocity, 7/7 adoration) Cleric 1 HP: 10/10 | CMD: 12 | AC: 18 (T: 11 / FF:17) | Fort +5 / Ref +1 / Will +8

The cleric speaks calmly but loudly:"We have this in hand: make sure the innocents are protected at all costs."

He is slower to move than his companions. Bottom of init, get em guys


Male Dwarf Cave Druid 2

Darthal steps to the side to catch the hobgoblin between himself and Adolphus. The creature still has not moved, perhaps stunned by his earlier blow. This time he brings it up from beneath, in memory of the Quest for Sky. Get the big ones first, the little ones will flee.

Pick to groin: 1d20 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 + 2 = 10 for 1d6 ⇒ 5 damage.

The blow clangs off the creature's armor. Dratted cups.


HP 15/18 AC 18/11/17 (19/12/17 when adjacent to 2 allies) F +4, R +1, W -1 (R +2 when adjacent to 2 allies)

May I make a suggestion on initiative. This seems to work well in other PBPs. Only roll initiative for the groups. The enemies and the entire party (probably the best initiative). Then we act in the order that we post. Unless this game is dependent on tactical maneuvering, that seems to speed up things.


Male Human Gunslinger (Pistolero) 1/Rogue 1

Since your new map does not have coordinates, Luc moves behind Adolphus and shoots the goblin flanked by Darthal and Valamont:
Attack with Point Blank and Grit vs. Touch AC (within 20'): 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 1 = 18
Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 1 + (6) = 9
Grit points remaining: 2/3


Combat wrote:

Goblins: AC 15, T 13, FF 13

Hobgoblins: AC 16, T 12, FF 15

Round 1 Initiative Order: Valamont, Goblins, Luc, Darthal, Hobgoblins, Adolphus, Diurn

Luc’s shot pierces the hobgoblin in his chest. The creature lets out a roar of pain, but manages to deflect Darthal’s pick with his shield.

Hobgoblin #1 attack on Valamont: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 2 = 10 for 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 damage.
Hobgoblin #2 attack on on Valamont: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 (HIT) for 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 damage.
Hobgoblin #3 attack on Adolphus: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 4 + 1 = 25 (HIT) for 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 damage.
Hobgoblin #3 crit confirm on Adolphus: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 1 = 21 (HIT) for 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 damage.

Hobgoblin #1 turns and swings his sword at Valamont, hoping the goblin opposite the magus would distract him, but the vicious bullet wound in his chest slows the attack, and Valamont evades it easily.

Hobgoblin #2 moves forward and attacks Valamont, with more success than the first creature. Valamont, furiously dodging attacks from the other two goblinoids, is unable to avoid the slash of the hobgoblin's longsword.

Hobgoblin #3 lumbers forward and climbs atop the anvil and attacks Adolphus, hoping to use the higher ground to his advantage. And it clearly works - Adolphus takes a cruel slash across his face, blood spurting everywhere.

Hobgoblin #4 drops his longsword and puts away his shield, then moves around the anvil and pulls out a longbow.

The female halfling, seeing the longsword on the ground, moves to the south, the manacles attached to her feet slowing her down greatly.

Map

Creature notes (GM):
Goblin #1: 9/11 hp
Goblin #2: 2/2 hp
Goblin #3: 10/10 hp

Hobgoblin #1: 5/17 hp
Hobgoblin #2: 17/17 hp
Hobgoblin #3: 17/17 hp
Hobgoblin #4: 17/17 hp

Sondor Ironfold: 1/1 hp
Jeneer Everdawn: 3/3 hp
Maple: 9/9 hp– acts just before Luc if able


HP 15/18 AC 18/11/17 (19/12/17 when adjacent to 2 allies) F +4, R +1, W -1 (R +2 when adjacent to 2 allies)

Adolphus screams in pain and rage as the hobgoblin's weapon slashes across his handsome face. He grits his teeth to keep himself from screaming further and to gather his reflexes into a powerful swing.

He swings first at the goblin, hoping to cleave through the lesser creature and end its miserable existence.

Power Attack on Goblin2
1d20 + 6 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 1 - 1 = 24
2d6 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (3, 5) + 6 + 3 = 17

With his swing successful, Adolphus continues moving the heavy blade, striking up at the hobgoblin that had just struck him.

Power Attack on Hobgoblin3
1d20 + 6 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 1 - 1 = 14 +2 if flanking?
2d6 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (2, 4) + 6 + 3 = 15

Since Adolphus used cleave, he is at -2 AC until his next turn.


Aasimar (6/6 channel +ve, 7/7 ferocity, 7/7 adoration) Cleric 1 HP: 10/10 | CMD: 12 | AC: 18 (T: 11 / FF:17) | Fort +5 / Ref +1 / Will +8

Diurn rushes in (H8) and swings at the hobgoblin.
hit/damage: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 191d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
If attacked, will try to avoid it. Will Save DC 14 to overcome charm effect and attack him.


Male Dwarf Cave Druid 2

Assuming Valamont is still in front of him and no enemies can interfere, Darthal casts cure light wounds and holds the charge, then takes a 5' step forward and touches Valamont, delivering 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 healing. (This unfortunately necessitates dropping his pick. Sigh.)

If Valamont is not in reach, Darthal swings his pick at the closest hobgoblin, moving to flank if possible:

Pick to frontal lobe: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 + 1 = 12 for 1d6 ⇒ 1

Posting with conditionals to speed things up


retired

Round 2, Initiative 20
Grunting at the blows striking him, Valamont steps back away from the press of opponents and swings his axe at the hobgoblin beside him.

swift action: arcane strike
free action: 5ft step to H10
standard action: attack!

Mwk Greataxe (arcane strike) @ Hobgoblin1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14for: 1d12 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
and cold: 1d6 ⇒ 1 and 1 Str damage, Fort Save DC 13 negates Str damage

Status:

HP: 9/15
AC: 15 (11 T / 14 FF)
CMD: 14
F/R/W: +4/+2/+3 (+1 vs mind effecting, +2 vs enchantment)
Arcane Pool Used: 0/3
Prepared Cantrips (4): dancing lights, daze, flare, ghost sound
Prepared 1st Level Spells (2+1): chill touch [X], shield [ ], shield [ ]

-Ongoing Effects-
Arcane Strike +0/+1
Spell Dance (+10 movement speed, +2 AC vs AoOs): 3/10
Bless +1/+0, +1 vs fear: 3/10
chill touch charge held: +1d6 damage, +1 Str damage, Fort Save DC 13 negates Str damage


Combat wrote:

Goblins: AC 15, T 13, FF 13

Hobgoblins: AC 16, T 12, FF 15

Round 2 Initiative Order: Valamont, Goblins, Darthal, Luc, Hobgoblins, Maple (female halfling), Adolphus, Diurn

Adolphus's greatsword cleaves the goblin in twain, but the hobgoblin deftly catches the blade on his shield, but blocking the knight's attack leaves him open to Diurn's as the cleric rushes in and strikes it a solid blow.

Valamont's swing comes close to hitting the hobgoblin, but the creature manages to dodge aside at the last moment.

Goblin #1 Will save against Diurn's Adoration: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3
Goblin #3 attack on Valamont: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17 (HIT) for 1d3 ⇒ 3 damage.

Goblin #1 moves forward and begins to swing his blade at Diurn, but stops suddenly, a look of confused adoration on his face. His mouth goes slack for a moment, then he shakes his hand and growls at the cleric.

Goblin #3 follows Valamont and swings his hammer again, hitting the magus in exactly the same place as last time. It cackles and says, "Me gonna break that arm off and haves a nice dinner!"

Darthal's healing spell, however, completely mends Valamont's arm.

Map

Creature notes (GM):
Goblin #1: 9/11 hp
Goblin #2: Dead
Goblin #3: 10/10 hp

Hobgoblin #1: 5/17 hp
Hobgoblin #2: 17/17 hp
Hobgoblin #3: 11/17 hp
Hobgoblin #4: 17/17 hp

Sondor Ironfold: 1/1 hp
Jeneer Everdawn: 3/3 hp
Maple: 9/9 hp

Waiting for Luc's post, then will post hobgoblin actions. I'll get another post up tonight even if he isn't able to post his actions, however.


Male Human Gunslinger (Pistolero) 1/Rogue 1

Round 2:

Luc steps over to G7 and shoots the hobgoblin in I7, but misses. He curses as his weapon misfires and gains the broken condition.
Touch attack: 1d20 + 5 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 1 - 4 = 3


Combat wrote:

Goblins: AC 15, T 13, FF 13

Hobgoblins: AC 16, T 12, FF 15

Round 2 Initiative Order: Valamont, Goblins, Darthal, Luc, Hobgoblins, Maple (female halfling), Adolphus, Diurn

Luc's gun makes the customary loud bang that you've come to expect, but the burst of fire kicking back from it is new.

Hobgoblin #1 attack on Valamont: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 for 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 damage.
Hobgoblin #2 bull rush on Sondor (female dwarf): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20.
Falling damage to Sondor: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Hobgoblin #3 attack on Adolphus: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 for 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 damage.
Hobgoblin #4 attack on Darthal: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 for 1d8 ⇒ 4 damage.

Hobogblin #1 continues his attack on Valamont, but the nimble magus easily dodges.

Hobgoblin #2, his path forward blocked, moves to the side, clambers atop the anvil and tries to move past the dwarf, but a small measure of steel wells up in her eyes and she blocks his movement. Frustrated, the hobgoblin shoves her off the anvil. The dwarf lands squarely on her head and immediately falls unconscious, bleeding badly.

Hobgoblin #3, grinning wickedly at Adolphus, attacks again. Off balance from his tremendous swing earlier, Adolphus is unable to dodge, and the hobgoblin gives the young knight another vicious wound, this time cutting into his neck.

Hobogblin #4 moves up behind goblin #3 and nocks an arrow to his bow. He quickly sights it at Darthal, but the shot is a poor one, and misses badly.

Maple, the female halfling, shuffles over to the dropped longsword and picks it up, although it is clear from her inexpert handling of it that she's not particularly accustomed to the heavy blade.

Need a stabilization check from Adolphus.

Map

Creatures notes (GM):
Goblin #1: 9/11 hp
Goblin #2: Dead
Goblin #3: 10/10 hp

Hobgoblin #1: 5/17 hp
Hobgoblin #2: 17/17 hp
Hobgoblin #3: 11/17 hp
Hobgoblin #4: 17/17 hp

Sondor Ironfold: -4/1 hp
Jeneer Everdawn: 3/3 hp
Maple: 9/9 hp


HP 15/18 AC 18/11/17 (19/12/17 when adjacent to 2 allies) F +4, R +1, W -1 (R +2 when adjacent to 2 allies)

Stabilization
1d20 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (20) + 1 - 5 = 16

Honestly, I thought that girl was flanking. But I guess not.


Male Human Gunslinger (Pistolero) 1/Rogue 1

Luc uses 1 grit point to fix his gun, takes a 5' step back and fires again at hobgoblin #3:
Touch Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 5 + 1 - 4 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2...got to be kidding me!
Grit: 1/3


Adolphus: You weren't flanking for two reasons:

1) The positioning didn't provide a flank. Drawing a line between the center of Sondor's (the female dwarf) square and the center of your square does not cross two opposite sides of the hobgoblin's square, so no flank.

2) Sondor was not threatening the hobgoblin at the time. She had a hammer, but was just dully watching the combat, uninterested. It was only when a hobgoblin tried to move through her square that she gathered her will and tried to stop it.


HP 15/18 AC 18/11/17 (19/12/17 when adjacent to 2 allies) F +4, R +1, W -1 (R +2 when adjacent to 2 allies)

Ah, okay. 'Tis just a little unnerving to go down in two rounds, as a fighter, I mean. I was going by corners, instead of the center of the square, but I guess that determines line of sight. Ah well, at least I'm stabilized. On with the show.


retired

Well, we *did* pretty much bypass ALL of Jzadirune and make a bee-line for this Malachite Fortress, so I would kind of expect these encounters to be of the balls-to-the-walls variety. =)


Combat wrote:

Goblins: AC 15, T 13, FF 13

Hobgoblins: AC 16, T 12, FF 15

Goblin #1 is barely injured.
Hobgoblin #1 has heavy wounds.
Hobgoblin #3 is injured.

Round 3 Initiative Order: Valamont, Darthal, Luc, Enemies, Maple (female halfling), Adolphus, Diurn

Adolphus, though unconscious, does not look to be in any danger of dying soon.

Since Diurn hasn't posted, I'm going to act for him.

Diurn invokes the blessings of Arshea on all present, though he withholds the healing energies from the wounded enemies.

Channel Positive to heal: 1d6 ⇒ 2. Everybody but the wounded creatures heals 2 hp.

No need to update the map, as no positioning has changed.

The enemies will be delaying until the end of the round. Players will act in the order they post.

Creature notes (GM):
Goblin #1: 9/11 hp
Goblin #2: Dead
Goblin #3: 10/10 hp

Hobgoblin #1: 5/17 hp
Hobgoblin #2: 17/17 hp
Hobgoblin #3: 11/17 hp
Hobgoblin #4: 17/17 hp

Sondor Ironfold: -4/1 hp
Jeneer Everdawn: 3/3 hp
Maple: 9/9 hp


retired

Unpleased with his new axe, Valamont tries once more to bring it to bear against his opponent. With a grunt, he brings it crashing down in a gleaming arc.

Mwk Greataxe (arcane strike):: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20for: 1d12 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 and cold: 1d6 ⇒ 6 and 1 Str damage, Fort Save DC13 to negate

Status:

HP: 15/15
AC: 15 (11 T / 14 FF)
CMD: 14
F/R/W: +4/+2/+3 (+1 vs mind effecting, +2 vs enchantment)
Arcane Pool Used: 1/3
Prepared Cantrips (4): dancing lights, daze, flare, ghost sound
Prepared 1st Level Spells (2+1): chill touch [X], shield [ ], shield [ ]

-Ongoing Effects-
Arcane Strike +0/+1
Spell Dance (+10 movement speed, +2 AC vs AoOs): 4/10
Bless +1/+0, +1 vs fear: 4/10


Aasimar (6/6 channel +ve, 7/7 ferocity, 7/7 adoration) Cleric 1 HP: 10/10 | CMD: 12 | AC: 18 (T: 11 / FF:17) | Fort +5 / Ref +1 / Will +8

Diurn wanted to do just that.

Didn't. know I was up.


Male Dwarf Cave Druid 2

Darthal figures that no hobgoblin could survive Valamont's blow, so he picks up his pick, takes a 5' step forward, and swings at the goblin on the table, trying to sweep him off the high ground.

Pick to kneecap: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 + 1 = 18 for 1d6 ⇒ 4 damage.


Don't forget to post an action for this round, Diurn. Also, you figured correctly Darthal.


Aasimar (6/6 channel +ve, 7/7 ferocity, 7/7 adoration) Cleric 1 HP: 10/10 | CMD: 12 | AC: 18 (T: 11 / FF:17) | Fort +5 / Ref +1 / Will +8

Diurnal continues to keep an enemy engaged and heal only his allies for positive energy totaling 1d6 ⇒ 2


Combat wrote:

Round 4

Goblins: AC 15, T 13, FF 13
Hobgoblins: AC 16, T 12, FF 15

Goblin #1 is injured.
Hobgoblin #2 is injured.
Hobgoblin #3 is injured.

Luc again manages a grazing shot against his target, and the hobgoblin clearly disregards him as a threat.

Valamont finally seems to get to knack of his new weapon, bringing the axe to bear and burying it deep into the hobgoblin's midsection. A jolt of negative energy blasts from the axe, pushing its unconscious body off the blade of the axe.

Minor note, Valamont: chill touch deals negative energy damage, not cold.

Darthal, heartened by Valamont's success, steps forward and buries his pick in goblin #1's knee, eliciting a howl of pain and rage from the creature.

Diurn's healing energy pulsing out to his friends, again denying it to the wounded enemies. All allies heal 2 hp.

You notice the female dwarf briefly open her eyes, look around, and close them again, pretending to still be unconscious.

"Take heart, friends! We will aid you against these vile foes!" A voice comes from the armory you entered earlier. Looking back, two half-elves rush into the room.

One of them, tall with a tanned complexion, bright green eyes, and a small scar across his right eyebrow and long hair, moves south, climbs up on the anvil, and behind the hobgoblins.

Fario attack on hobgoblin #2: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 2 = 18 (hit) for 1d8 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 3 + (1) = 10 damage.

The other, a pale young man with blue eyes, short, silky blonde hair and a pink finger missing from his left hand, steps around Adolphus's body and into the flank set up by his companion. His longsword deftly weaves through a hole in the hobgoblin's defenses created by the distraction his companion offers, and he scores a nasty strike on the bestial creature.

Maple gives the longsword a few clumsy practice swings as she shuffles torward the anvil.

Goblin #1 attack on Darthal: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5 for 1d4 ⇒ 3 damage.
Goblin #3 attack on Valamont: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 for 1d3 ⇒ 2 damage.

Goblin #1, distracted from Diurn by the pick-wielding dwarf, swings his small blade at Darthal, but the wound in his knee throws him off balance, and he misses badly.

Goblin #3 suddenly looks much less confident after Valamont struck down the larger hobgoblin, but he growls and swings his hammer. Valamont dodges it easily, however.

Hobgoblin #2 attack on Fellian (half-elf on anvil): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 for 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 damage.
Hobgoblin #3 Will save against Diurn’s Adoration: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16 (success).
Hobgoblin #3 attack on Diurn: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 1 = 20 (hit) for 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 damage.
Hobgoblin #4 attack on Luc: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 3 - 4 = 10 for 1d8 ⇒ 3 damage.

Hobgoblin #2 swings at the half-elf on the anvil, but the new arrival dodges the attack without much difficulty.

Hobgoblin #3 looks at Diurn and snarls. ”That’s enough healing out of you!” He pauses for just a moment as Diurn attacks his mind, but roars in anger and shakes off the magic, swinging his longsword with fury. With a slash, he works the blade into a weak spot in the cleric’s banded mail and scores a wicked wound.

Hobgoblin #4 steps away from the anvil and shoots another arrow at Luc, but his aim is badly spoiled by the creatures in between them, and he misses badly.

Map

Creature notes (GM):

Goblin #1: 5/11 hp
Goblin #2: Dead
Goblin #3: 10/10 hp

Hobgoblin #1: Dead
Hobgoblin #2: 7/17 hp
Hobgoblin #3: 9/17 hp
Hobgoblin #4: 17/17 hp

Sondor Ironfold: 0/1 hp
Jeneer Everdawn: 3/3 hp
Maple: 9/9 hp


Aasimar (6/6 channel +ve, 7/7 ferocity, 7/7 adoration) Cleric 1 HP: 10/10 | CMD: 12 | AC: 18 (T: 11 / FF:17) | Fort +5 / Ref +1 / Will +8

Diurn takes the blow from the hobgoblin and continues to push healing energy to his allies. He is surprised the hobgoblin is not awed by his aura.
1d6 ⇒ 6 positive energy to all


Male Human Gunslinger (Pistolero) 1/Rogue 1

Round 5:

Luc looks up in shock that someone actually shot at him and he moves to G8 (5' step), reloads his pistol (move action), as he whirls and shoots hobgoblin #4:
Touch attack within 20': 1d20 + 5 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 1 - 4 = 22
Confirmation Touch attack roll: 1d20 + 5 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 5 + 1 - 4 = 19
Damage: 4d8 + 4 ⇒ (1, 3, 8, 8) + 4 = 24..if that kills the hobgoblin, Luc regains a Grit Point!

851 to 900 of 1,108 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM alientude's Shackled City All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.