Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

GM alientude's Shackled City

Game Master Kyle Smith 700

The frontier city of Cauldron has a dark future rapidly approaching. Will a disparate band of adventurers be able to save it?


751 to 800 of 1,108 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>

HP 15/18 AC 18/11/17 (19/12/17 when adjacent to 2 allies) F +4, R +1, W -1 (R +2 when adjacent to 2 allies)

Hanethes raises his sword threteningly.

If the creature does not emerge from the shadows after a round has passed, Adolphus tries to call them out.

"Come forward now, if you value your life."

Intimidate
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25


Dorian draws his crossbow and readies a shot if something approaches the group with hostile intent.

If the readied attack goes off...
Light crossbow 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13; Damage 1d8 ⇒ 8


hp 17/17 Temp 0 | NL 0 perception +5 (+6 traps)(+7 or +8 stonework) AC 14; TAC 12; FFAC 12; CMD 16 (20 vs bull rush and trip) F +2; R +5; W +1 (+3 vs spells, spell-like, poison)

"Booyah!" the dwarf grunts as his pick shatters the statue. It is then he notices something in the door and spins around moving for a better look as he draws a dart in his left hand.

Move to G4 and Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Aasimar (6/6 channel +ve, 7/7 ferocity, 7/7 adoration) Cleric 1 HP: 10/10 | CMD: 12 | AC: 18 (T: 11 / FF:17) | Fort +5 / Ref +1 / Will +8

"We are friendly and good."
Diurn has a friendly smile.
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25


retired

Valamont waits anxiously for the opener of the door to reveal itself.


Diurn calls out to the creature with friendly words, but hears no response. Darthal’s spell glows around Adolphus as a lumbering giant with beady eyes devoid of kindness bursts through the doorway. Its puffy face features a wide mouth containing ill-fitting teeth. Picture When it sees the group, it smiles and cheerfully says, ”More carrion for my larder! Very nice.”

Knowledge: Nature DC 13:
This is an ogre. Simple-minded but strong, ogres are cruel in the extreme, with a fondness for cannibalism, torture, incest, rape, and all manners of hideous murder.

Dorian pulls the trigger on his light crossbow, and the bolt flies true, striking the brutish creature in its side. ”You’ll pay for that, runt,” the creature growls. He rushes towards Dorian (provoking an attack of opportunity from Dreygard) and attacks with his falchion.

Attack roll: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 for 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (4, 5) + 7 = 16 damage.
Ouch…Confirmation roll: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 for 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (3, 1) + 7 = 11 damage.
Dorian takes 27 damage and dies.

With a mighty swing, the creature nearly cleaves Dorian in half. The wizard falls to the ground, dead instantly. ”Dinner is served!” the creature bellows before turning to the rest of the group, bearing a wide smile. ”What’s for dessert?”

Initiative Order – Round 3 (bold names are yet to act)

Dorian – 27 damage, dead
Diurn
Darthal
Xukasus - 8 damage
Adolphus
Dreygard
Valamont

Map


Male Dwarf Cave Druid 2

Knowledge/nature 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

"Ogre!" Darthal gasps.


HP 15/18 AC 18/11/17 (19/12/17 when adjacent to 2 allies) F +4, R +1, W -1 (R +2 when adjacent to 2 allies)

"Beast! Fight me, if you dare. I'll prove more tender carrion than any you can so easily cut through."

Diplomacy to Antagonize
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27


hp 17/17 Temp 0 | NL 0 perception +5 (+6 traps)(+7 or +8 stonework) AC 14; TAC 12; FFAC 12; CMD 16 (20 vs bull rush and trip) F +2; R +5; W +1 (+3 vs spells, spell-like, poison)

Dreygard attempts a one handed swing with his pick as the ogre runs bye.

Attack of Opportunity 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Apparently praying 'Come on, Schwartz' in your head doesn't help the dice rolls.


hp 17/17 Temp 0 | NL 0 perception +5 (+6 traps)(+7 or +8 stonework) AC 14; TAC 12; FFAC 12; CMD 16 (20 vs bull rush and trip) F +2; R +5; W +1 (+3 vs spells, spell-like, poison)

He then tumbles around the ogre, dropping the dart and takes position opposite of Darthal.

Acrobatics to avoid AoO 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
.
Move to F4
.
Attack 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 = 6
Damage 1d6 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 4 + (6) = 15


retired

Seeing Dorian dropped in a single blow, Valamont's face twists into a grimace of sadness and rage, "Your life is forfeit, beast!" He shifts a bit closer to the ogre then brings his sword to bear.

Move J6 > I5 - 5-ft step
Swift: Activate Arcane Strike
Cold Iron Bastard Sword(2-handed, arcane pool, arcane strike): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 for 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


"Hurk!"

Falls.


Adolphus’s taunt turns the ogre’s gleeful smile into a grimace of rage. ”Xukasus will eat you next, then, little man,” he growls. Dreygard takes advantage of Xukasus’s distraction and nimbly darts around to his flank, but he swings before his feet are planted firmly on the ground, and misses wildly. Valamont, however, calmly steps forward and opens a wicked wound in the beast’s side.

Initiative Order – Round 4

Dorian – 27 damage, dead
Diurn
Darthal
Xukasus - 18 damage
Adolphus
Dreygard
Valamont

Map


Aasimar (6/6 channel +ve, 7/7 ferocity, 7/7 adoration) Cleric 1 HP: 10/10 | CMD: 12 | AC: 18 (T: 11 / FF:17) | Fort +5 / Ref +1 / Will +8

Diurn looks in helpless shock as Dorian takes massive damage and falls.
"I don't know what I could have done."
Maybe talking first in this maze was not the best move.
Diurn shifts to get inside the ogre's reach to I2
and attacks and misses ferociously 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 51d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
"Hit me you foul smelling overgrown manling."
Adoration requires a Will DC14 to attack Diurn.


hp 17/17 Temp 0 | NL 0 perception +5 (+6 traps)(+7 or +8 stonework) AC 14; TAC 12; FFAC 12; CMD 16 (20 vs bull rush and trip) F +2; R +5; W +1 (+3 vs spells, spell-like, poison)

Dreygard maintains silence, but swings again.

Attack 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 3 + 2 = 18
Damage 1d6 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 4 + (6) = 12


Male Dwarf Cave Druid 2

"Together, kinsman! Darthal calls, and swings, flanking the ogre,swaying in the movements of the ancient dwarven giant-fighting dance.

Attack with pick 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 for 1d6 ⇒ 4

Then he steps between the ogre and Dorian's body. "You shall not pass!"

5' step to I3


HP 15/18 AC 18/11/17 (19/12/17 when adjacent to 2 allies) F +4, R +1, W -1 (R +2 when adjacent to 2 allies)

Let me know what Xukasus does, so I can act. He has -2 to hit anyone but Adolphus for two rounds.


Diurn and Darthal both attack the ogre, but his surprisingly agile large body is tougher to hit than it looks, and both attacks miss badly.

Xukasus attack roll: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

With a mighty bellow, Xukasus swings his giant sword at Adolphus, but it deflects harmlessly off the knight's trusty banded mail. "Xukasus will peel that metal off your scrawny body and feast on the marrow in your bones!"

Initiative Order - Round 4 (bold is yet to act)

Dorian – 27 damage, dead
Diurn
Darthal
Xukasus - 18 damage
Adolphus
Dreygard
Valamont

Map


retired

Valamont brings his gleaming sword to bear once more, but the blow is spoiled by the ogre's rubbery hide. "Ah ah ah. No more meals for you, fatty!"

Swift: Activate Arcane Strike
Standard: Cold Iron Bastard Sword(2-handed, arcane pool, arcane strike): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 for 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


HP 15/18 AC 18/11/17 (19/12/17 when adjacent to 2 allies) F +4, R +1, W -1 (R +2 when adjacent to 2 allies)

Adolphus raises his greatsword to strike back at the ogre, but wields the sword in a manner more skilled in defense fighting defensively

1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 5 - 4 = 3 for 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (2, 4) + 6 = 12 damage.

When his meager attack bounces off the ogre's hide, Adolphus backs up, hoping to lead the ogre away from the others. move 10 feet north, +2 AC, ogre has -2 to hit anyone but Adolphus for the next round


Minor point, Adolphus - the -2 to hit anybody but you from Antagonize is for a number of rounds equal to your Charisma modifier, or until the creature attempts to hurt you. Since he attacked you, there's no more penalty.


HP 15/18 AC 18/11/17 (19/12/17 when adjacent to 2 allies) F +4, R +1, W -1 (R +2 when adjacent to 2 allies)

Okay, thanks for clarifying. That feat is complicated... =)


Aasimar (6/6 channel +ve, 7/7 ferocity, 7/7 adoration) Cleric 1 HP: 10/10 | CMD: 12 | AC: 18 (T: 11 / FF:17) | Fort +5 / Ref +1 / Will +8

Hoping to take advantage of his flanking postion, Diurn ferociously swings again with his flail.
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 91d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Male Dwarf Cave Druid 2

Darthal swings again, still flanking, still in the movements of the dwarven giant-killing dance

Attack with pick 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22 for 1d6 ⇒ 1

Striking true, and striking deep...

roll to confirm crit 1d20 ⇒ 7

...or not. But at least he scratches the thing.


hp 17/17 Temp 0 | NL 0 perception +5 (+6 traps)(+7 or +8 stonework) AC 14; TAC 12; FFAC 12; CMD 16 (20 vs bull rush and trip) F +2; R +5; W +1 (+3 vs spells, spell-like, poison)
GM alientude wrote:

Initiative Order - Round 4 (bold is yet to act)

Did you catch my action?


I did miss your action Dreygard, sorry about that.

Adolphus’s attack bounces off the ogre’s hide armor, and he backs away. ”Running away already, runt?”

Attack of Opportunity on Adolphus: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

When Xukasus’s falchion misses wildly, he shrugs and growls, ”Plenty of other choice meat here.”

Dreygard takes advantage of the ogre’s distraction and sinks his pick deep into the beast. Xukasus lets out a roar of rage and pain, but remains standing.

Valamont and Diurn swing ineffectually, and although Darthal manages to work his pick into a spot not protected by the hide armor, there is next to no force behind the blow.

Attack on Dreygard: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Xukasus turns around and swings at the dwarf that hurt him badly, but Dreygard’s knowledge of dwarven defensive techniques easily allows him to dodge out of the way. ”Gah! Stand still and die!” the ogre bellows.

Initiative Order – Round 5 (bold yet to act)

Dorian – 27 damage, dead
Diurn
Darthal
Xukasus - 31 damage
Adolphus
Dreygard
Valamont

Map


HP 15/18 AC 18/11/17 (19/12/17 when adjacent to 2 allies) F +4, R +1, W -1 (R +2 when adjacent to 2 allies)

Adolphus moves to 6I and crouches again, readying his sword to block the ogre's attack. (Full Defense)


hp 17/17 Temp 0 | NL 0 perception +5 (+6 traps)(+7 or +8 stonework) AC 14; TAC 12; FFAC 12; CMD 16 (20 vs bull rush and trip) F +2; R +5; W +1 (+3 vs spells, spell-like, poison)

AC 18 vs giant

Xukasus wrote:
”Gah! Stand still and die!”

"Oy! You got red on you." the dwarf taunts as he takes another swing. "This one be for Dorian you overstuffed orc!"

Attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Damage 1d6 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 4 + (6) = 15

After the attack Dreygard somersaults away from the ogre moving to sq D5 but bounces off the column he didn't see and completely throws him off balance.

Acrobatics to avoid AoO 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


Aasimar (6/6 channel +ve, 7/7 ferocity, 7/7 adoration) Cleric 1 HP: 10/10 | CMD: 12 | AC: 18 (T: 11 / FF:17) | Fort +5 / Ref +1 / Will +8

Diurn swings ferociously.
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
confirm?1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
damage1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 61d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


retired

ooof! nice, Diurn! he oughta feel that one!

Emboldened both by desperation and Diurn's savage blow to the ogre, Valamont redoubles his efforts to bring the beast down!

Swift: Activate Arcane Strike
Standard: Cold Iron Bastard Sword(2-handed, arcane pool, arcane strike): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 for 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


Male Dwarf Cave Druid 2

"Die, foul monster!" Darthal shouts as he swings again, trying to sink his pick into the same sweet spot as the ogre twists around to strike at Dreyguard.

Flanking pick attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8.


Adolphus hunkers down in defense, but Xukasus barely seems to notice him. Dreygard's attack hits the ogre, but his thick hide armor blunts the force of the attack.

Attack of Opportunity on Dreygard: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 (hit) for 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (4, 5) + 7 = 16 damage.

As Dreygard attempts to disengage from the fight, he bounces against the column, leaving a wide opening that Xukasus pounces on. He lands a ferocious blow on the dwarf's face, dropping him unconscious and opening a terrible gash that runs from Dreygard's right ear, across his mouth, and down to his left shoulder. "Dwarf meat's a little tough for dessert, but he'll make a fine appetizer!"

Valamont takes advantage of Xukasus's boasting and drives his bastard sword into the ogre's chest. The ogre's gleeful expression turns to one of confusion, and he whispers, "No...food?" before collapsing to the floor.


retired

"Is he dead?! Is Dreygard dead too?!"


HP 15/18 AC 18/11/17 (19/12/17 when adjacent to 2 allies) F +4, R +1, W -1 (R +2 when adjacent to 2 allies)

Adolphus steps forward and swings his heavy sword to cleave the ogre's head from its body.


hp 17/17 Temp 0 | NL 0 perception +5 (+6 traps)(+7 or +8 stonework) AC 14; TAC 12; FFAC 12; CMD 16 (20 vs bull rush and trip) F +2; R +5; W +1 (+3 vs spells, spell-like, poison)

"No...dwarf...soup...for...youuu..."


Aasimar (6/6 channel +ve, 7/7 ferocity, 7/7 adoration) Cleric 1 HP: 10/10 | CMD: 12 | AC: 18 (T: 11 / FF:17) | Fort +5 / Ref +1 / Will +8

Diurn grabs his holy symbol and channels positive energy.
1d6 ⇒ 5
Then calls on Arshea to heal the still injured dwarf.
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


hp 17/17 Temp 0 | NL 0 perception +5 (+6 traps)(+7 or +8 stonework) AC 14; TAC 12; FFAC 12; CMD 16 (20 vs bull rush and trip) F +2; R +5; W +1 (+3 vs spells, spell-like, poison)

"Ugh..is it dead. Dorian? Awe s&&@. What do we do now?" Dreygard then coughs up some bloody phlegm at the dead ogre.


Male Dwarf Cave Druid 2

Darthal listens to see if the noise of the battle has attracted anyone else.

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

If he hears anything, he growls warning. Otherwise, "Much as people are renowned for standing firm, we are not fools. We must tend to the fallen, and heal our wounds."


Aasimar (6/6 channel +ve, 7/7 ferocity, 7/7 adoration) Cleric 1 HP: 10/10 | CMD: 12 | AC: 18 (T: 11 / FF:17) | Fort +5 / Ref +1 / Will +8

Diurn loots the ogre and verifies the obvious, Dorian has passed.
"If we are continuing, we put Dreyguard second last in the marching order and save my channels to efficiently heal him as others get wounded. If we are packing up for today, I heal him some more and we get Dorian to the temple."


hp 17/17 Temp 0 | NL 0 perception +5 (+6 traps)(+7 or +8 stonework) AC 14; TAC 12; FFAC 12; CMD 16 (20 vs bull rush and trip) F +2; R +5; W +1 (+3 vs spells, spell-like, poison)

"I still got this healing potion. I could chug it and we finish this."


Aasimar (6/6 channel +ve, 7/7 ferocity, 7/7 adoration) Cleric 1 HP: 10/10 | CMD: 12 | AC: 18 (T: 11 / FF:17) | Fort +5 / Ref +1 / Will +8

"If we keep you near the back, we can save the potion. As people get injured I'll heal them and you together. The potion can be a last resort. We can leave Dorian here and get him on the way back."


hp 17/17 Temp 0 | NL 0 perception +5 (+6 traps)(+7 or +8 stonework) AC 14; TAC 12; FFAC 12; CMD 16 (20 vs bull rush and trip) F +2; R +5; W +1 (+3 vs spells, spell-like, poison)

"This may seem crass, but we should check and see if Dorian has anything on him that may prove useful for our survival in the immediate future. We can pay him or his estate back later." Dreygard nods sadly towards Dorian's body.


retired

Shaking his head as the ogre's blood runs in rivulets down the blade of his sword, Valamont stalks wordlessly over to the door that the ogre emerged from. He stands in the center of the door, his sword angled down and his shoulders hunched forward slightly - his posture slightly reminiscent of a jungle cat ready to pounce.

perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


GM Rolls:

DP: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

As Dreygard gets up from the ground, his eyes fall on the eastern wall, and he sees a nigh-invisible line outlining a door that seamlessly melds with the wall. Only his acute dwarven senses let him see it. A quick glance around rewards him with another find – a button on the southern pillar, protruding less than 1/8 of an inch from the finely worked stone. No doubt it would open the hidden door.

Valamont looks into the room from which Xukasus came. A putrid stench fills the room. The rectangular chamber beyond is splattered wall-to-wall with filth, bile, bones, and other disgusting remains. Although the room contains no furnishings per se, some of the older refuse has hardened into a crude chair, and an iron chest rests half-buried in a mound of dung in the southeast corner.

Map


retired

"mound of dung" makes it sound so much less gross than what I think you actually just described...

Valamont begins dragging the body of the ogre over to the incredibly disgusting and vile chamber. He'll also move the remains of the statue-creature over into the room as well. "No sense in leaving bodies in the hall for anyone to find. And if that room is any indication, no one in their right mind will be going in there to check on the ogre if he's not heard from for a little while." The half elf shudders then, thoroughly disturbed by how horrid that room is.


Aasimar (6/6 channel +ve, 7/7 ferocity, 7/7 adoration) Cleric 1 HP: 10/10 | CMD: 12 | AC: 18 (T: 11 / FF:17) | Fort +5 / Ref +1 / Will +8

"Before we bring Dorian back, let's check the chest. Darthal, if you can heal Dreyguard some more, we can check out this chest. Maybe there will be something we can use to help Dorian or reimburse the church for helping him."


Male Dwarf Cave Druid 2

"Oh, very well," says Darthal, and moves over to heal Dreyguard.

casts cure light wounds for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


As Valamont drags the ogre’s corpse towards the room, he hears two metallic *clinks*. Further investigation shows two iron keys have fallen on the ground next to the ogre. Other loot on the ogre is a large size falchion and a large size hide armor.

Diurn investigates the chest sitting in the mound of filth and finds it locked. One of the keys dropped by the ogre opens the chest, revealing a mound of coins and other assorted treasure.

Found in the chest:


5,990 stars.
2,248 moons.
2 deep green spinels worth about 100 suns each.
A flask made of dried fungi containing some liquid.

So the plan is to go back to the temple?


Aasimar (6/6 channel +ve, 7/7 ferocity, 7/7 adoration) Cleric 1 HP: 10/10 | CMD: 12 | AC: 18 (T: 11 / FF:17) | Fort +5 / Ref +1 / Will +8

Yes, back to temple.


HP 15/18 AC 18/11/17 (19/12/17 when adjacent to 2 allies) F +4, R +1, W -1 (R +2 when adjacent to 2 allies)

Sir Adolphus hefts the falchion, finding the weight to be about the same as his greatsword.

"Hmmph, nice weapon." He looks around to the others in the party. "Anyone mind if I claim this?"

751 to 800 of 1,108 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM alientude's Shackled City All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.