Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GM alientude's Savage Tide

Game Master Kyle Smith 700

Current Adventure Map


1 to 50 of 918 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

macros:
Creature #1: hp XX/XX; AC/T/FF XX/XX/XX; Fort/Ref/Will +X/+X/+X; vs Feint X

It is a bright, sunny morning, the crisp smell of the ocean a pleasant accompaniment to the sound of sea gulls that rove over the bay.

Valghaz:
You hear a knock on your door. Upon answering it, you see a wizened old halfling woman. She bows briefly and hands you a letter with a smile, then waits for you to read it. It reads:

Greetings,

I trust this missive finds you in good health.

My name is Lavinia Van Rebvorn, and I humbly request your attendance at dinner at my estate on Festival Street and Blue Skink Lane tomorrow evening. I think that I can present you with an opportunity uniquely suited to your skills. Please inform the carrier of this letter of your response to this invitation, and I hope to be speaking to you soon!

-Lavinia Van Rebvorn

Mimi:
You hear a knock on your door. Upon answering it, you see a wizened old halfling woman. She bows briefly and hands you a letter with a smile, then waits for you to read it. It reads:

Greetings,

I trust this missive finds you in good health.

My name is Lavinia Van Rebvorn, and I humbly request your attendance at dinner at my estate on Festival Street and Blue Skink Lane tomorrow evening. I think that I can present you with an opportunity uniquely suited to your skills. Please inform the carrier of this letter of your response to this invitation, and I hope to be speaking to you soon!

-Lavinia Van Rebvorn

Arya:
You hear a knock on your door. Upon answering it, you see a wizened old halfling woman. She bows briefly and hands you a letter with a smile, then waits for you to read it. It reads:

Greetings,

I trust this missive finds you in good health.

My name is Lavinia Van Rebvorn, and I humbly request your attendance at dinner at my estate on Festival Street and Blue Skink Lane tomorrow evening. I think that I can present you with an opportunity uniquely suited to your skills. Please inform the carrier of this letter of your response to this invitation, and I hope to be speaking to you soon!

-Lavinia Van Rebvorn

Chan:
You hear a knock on your door. Upon answering it, you see a wizened old halfling woman. She bows briefly and hands you a letter with a smile, then waits for you to read it. It reads:

Greetings,

I trust this missive finds you in good health.

My name is Lavinia Van Rebvorn, and I humbly request your attendance at dinner at my estate on Festival Street and Blue Skink Lane tomorrow evening. I think that I can present you with an opportunity uniquely suited to your skills. Please inform the carrier of this letter of your response to this invitation, and I hope to be speaking to you soon!

-Lavinia Van Rebvorn

Arenel:
You hear a knock on your door. Upon answering it, you see a wizened old halfling woman. She bows briefly and hands you a letter with a smile, then waits for you to read it. It reads:

Greetings,

I trust this missive finds you in good health.

My name is Lavinia Van Rebvorn, and I humbly request your attendance at dinner at my estate on Festival Street and Blue Skink Lane tomorrow evening. I think that I can present you with an opportunity uniquely suited to your skills. Please inform the carrier of this letter of your response to this invitation, and I hope to be speaking to you soon!

-Lavinia Van Rebvorn

Elaina:
You hear a knock on your door. Upon answering it, you see a wizened old halfling woman. She bows briefly and hands you a letter with a smile, then waits for you to read it. It reads:

Greetings,

I trust this missive finds you in good health.

My name is Lavinia Van Rebvorn, and I humbly request your attendance at dinner at my estate on Festival Street and Blue Skink Lane tomorrow evening. I think that I can present you with an opportunity uniquely suited to your skills. Please inform the carrier of this letter of your response to this invitation, and I hope to be speaking to you soon!

-Lavinia Van Rebvorn

Knowledge (local) DC 10:
The Van Rebvorn family is a merchant family that has been in Siren's Bay for at least a hundred years.

Knowledge (local) DC 15:
Lavinia is the eldest daughter of the Van Rebvorn family.

Knowledge (local) DC 15 - roll for this one by itself:
A tragic fire recently claimed the lives of Verik and Larissa Van Rebvorn. The Van Rebvorns were survived by their two children, Vanthus and Lavinia.


Male Human Unchained Monk 1; Init +2, Per +6; AC 15/15/12; HP 3/12; F+3, R+4, W+2

Knowledge (local): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11

Surprised at such an auspicious invitation, Chan returns the bow and says, "tell your master I am humbled and honored; I will attend. Can I get you some tea?"


Female Human Bard 2; Init +4, Per +5; AC 17/15/12; CMD:16; HP 19/19; F+2, R+7, W+3

Know:Local: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Know:Local2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

It takes groggy Elaina a few tries to understand the letter. She usually slept late since the best time to perform was at night when everyone was off work and the messenger had woke her up. She can't fathom what Lavinia Van Rebvorn might want with her, nothing about either of them had any overlap. "Oh. Ok. I can go to that. Am I dancing for her?" She moans, rubbing her fists into her eyes.


Female Human Magus 2; Init +4, Per -1; AC 13/10/13; HP 16/16; F+4, R+0, W+2

Arenel returned a slightly more nervous smile after she took the letter and the halfling didn't leave. Taking the hint she opened the letter and began to read. "Oooh, that's why you're still here." She muttered, mainly to herself, before she looked to the halfling woman. "Please inform Lavinia that I shall be preset tomorrow evening." With that Arenel closed the door an walked back inside.

"Father!" She called out as she made her way to his study.

If you allow us to make is untrained
Knowldge(local): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Doesn't matter! XD


Female Human Pirate Rogue (Unchained) 2 | HP 13/13 | AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | Fort+0 Ref +6 Will+1 | Initiative +5 (7 on ships) | Perception +6 |

Knowledge (local)1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Knowledge (local)2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Arya stands in the doorway, leaning against the frame as she groggily wipes the sleep from her eyes. Giving the woman an awkward smile she takes the letter and begins to read.
Van Rebvorn? Lavinia. Right, okay. What would she need a sailor for though? No, that can't be right. Well whatever she needs I'm sure it pays well.
Looking down at the halfling, Arya smiles.
"You let Ms Van Rebvorn know, I'll be there." She says, in halfling, returning the messenger's bow with just a touch of unnecessary extravagance.
She closes the door and grabs some of yesterday's fruit from the bowl on the table, throwing a piece towards the shape curled up under the covers on the bed.
"Wake up sleepy head, guess what?!"


Female Human Alchemist (Grenadier) 2 | HP: 19/19 | AC: 16 (T: 13, F: 13) | CMB: +1, CMD: 13 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +1 | Speed 30' | Bombs 6/6 Day

Mimi opens the door and looks about, wondering who might have knocked.

Did I imagine it? Have I been up that long?

A throat clearing solves the mystery. Mimi looks down.

"Oh! Uh, hello Madame. What can I do for you?"

As she reads the letter, Mimi becomes more and more puzzled. She doesn't get invited to things really. And this is someone she doesn't recall knowing at all.

She looks at the halfling woman again. "So this is really for me? No mistake? Well, sure I'll come. Thank you. Should I wear something?"

After a second Mimi's face reddens when the halfling woman looks at her oddly.

"I mean wear something special. Like, is this a party or will I be there all alone? Do I bring a guest?"

Mimi lowers the letter looking a little defeated. "I don't know how to go to something like this. What should I do?"

Later, after the details have been ironed out and she has her directions, Mimi goes back to painstakingly penning paper labels to be applied to vials. Now and then she smiles slightly at the odd turn to the day.

No Knowledge Local :(


macros:
Creature #1: hp XX/XX; AC/T/FF XX/XX/XX; Fort/Ref/Will +X/+X/+X; vs Feint X

Chan: She smiles at your invitation, but declines. "More letters to deliver this morning, dear. No time for tea." She bows again and takes her leave.

Elaina: "I don't believe dancing is what Lavinia has in mind. Something more...interesting, I'd say, dear." She bows again and takes her leave.

Arenel: Anteki looks up from some papers. "Kind of busy this morning. Who was it at the door?"

Arya: The vaguely defined shaped under the covers groans and stirs, the shape of Sikta eventually becoming apparent when her head emerges from the cover. "Ugh, it's too early. Can't it wait til after noon?"

Mimi: The halflilng smiles kindly at Mimi's confusion. "Normal day-to-day clothes will be fine, dear. Just show up tomorrow evening and you'll do fine."


Female Human Magus 2; Init +4, Per -1; AC 13/10/13; HP 16/16; F+4, R+0, W+2

"I got invited to dinner. By a Lavinia Van Rebvorn." She told him as she walked over and handed him the letter. "I don't know who that even is, do you?" She asked as she leaned against his desk.


Female Human Bard 2; Init +4, Per +5; AC 17/15/12; CMD:16; HP 19/19; F+2, R+7, W+3

"Okay." Elaina says, pushing the door closed. "You're not on the invitation. It must be a mistake." Elaina says, picking up the rooster that slept in a small potted tree in the corner of the room and hugging him to her chest. "But then, whatever would you wear, darling!" She asks in a posh, snobby accent. After setting out some seed for the bird she fixes herself a breakfast of bread, cheese, and fruit which takes her some time as she painstakingly cuts everything to the same size. While she eats she uses one of the first spells she ever learned to clean her dancing outfit and shoes. "This Lavinia could be rich. Maybe we'll be able to buy a big copper bath when we're done with whatever she wants. Alriani would like that."

Finished eating, she dresses in her fresh outfit and heads out for the day. She brings her scimitar and component pouch with her to incorporate into her dancing, which also accounted for almost everything she owned. The chicken accompanies her out.


Female Human Pirate Rogue (Unchained) 2 | HP 13/13 | AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | Fort+0 Ref +6 Will+1 | Initiative +5 (7 on ships) | Perception +6 |

Arya jumps up onto the bed and sits herself down on top of the mound under the covers that is Sikta. Her blue-green eyes sparkle as she stares intently through the mess of curls that cover the eyes of her lover.
"Don't you want to hear the news? I've been invited to a fancy dinner at the Van Rebvorn estate! She's rich, Sikta! And she wants me to work for her! Fate smiles on us today!"
Taking a bite of the tropical fruit in her hand she makes sure to hit Sikta with a spray of juice as she gives her a moment to process things. Rolling off to the other side of the bed, Arya begins to laugh as she stares up at the ceiling.


macros:
Creature #1: hp XX/XX; AC/T/FF XX/XX/XX; Fort/Ref/Will +X/+X/+X; vs Feint X

Arenel: Anteki studies the letter for a moment, then says, "Van Rebvorn, huh? Her parents died a month ago in a fire on their new ship. They were a popular couple, lots of friends in Siren's Bay. Never cottoned much to the Skulls, though. Thought they were too good to deal with us. Now their daughter is looking to hire my own." He snorts out a laugh. "Go on and see her. The Skulls are always looking for a way to make new business contacts."

Arenel:
Anteki is assuming you'll be looking to forward the Scarlet Skulls's interests in this, but it's your decision whether to do so.

If anybody has anything else they want to do before meeting with Lavinia, please post now. I'll get a new post up as soon as Valghaz responds to the invitation.


Female Human Magus 2; Init +4, Per -1; AC 13/10/13; HP 16/16; F+4, R+0, W+2

"Your own isn't technically one of the Skulls." Arenel stated as she took the letter from him with a smirk. "At least not while Leo is in any form of command." She scanned the letter once more before giving a shrug. "It doesn't have a dress code on it but since it is business I suppose I should wear something nice." She leaned over and gave her father a kiss on the forehead before she got up to leave. "Oh, and don't worry. I'll ask if it is the Skulls she's looking to employ. If so I shall negotiate on your behalf or bring you into it if I feel I cannot do it. But if there is to be a full contract I shall inform you before signing anything on the Skulls behalf." She reassured her father as she edited the room.

Ready for meeting!


Female Human Pirate Rogue (Unchained) 2 | HP 13/13 | AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | Fort+0 Ref +6 Will+1 | Initiative +5 (7 on ships) | Perception +6 |

Arya is ready for the meeting.


Female Human Bard 2; Init +4, Per +5; AC 17/15/12; CMD:16; HP 19/19; F+2, R+7, W+3

Elaina contemplates buying something nicer to wear but decides she can't afford it. I don't owe this Rebvorn character anything anyways. She also considers telling Nkosama about the meeting but opts to wait till she actually has something to tell. The only thing left to do before the meeting was ask Alriani to watch her chicken, and she could to that tonight if she couldn't find her in the city while she worked.

Ready/


Male Human Unchained Monk 1; Init +2, Per +6; AC 15/15/12; HP 3/12; F+3, R+4, W+2

Chan is a little nervous; he's sure he's far too plain to fit-in with a merchant family. And now that he really thinks about it, why him? Now he's a little fearful; what if it's his past catching-up with him? Still, the whole point of coming back home to Siren's Bay was to atone. If he must "face the music," he will do so with his newfound honor.

Ready!


Female Human Alchemist (Grenadier) 2 | HP: 19/19 | AC: 16 (T: 13, F: 13) | CMB: +1, CMD: 13 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +1 | Speed 30' | Bombs 6/6 Day

By the next morning any excitement Mimi had felt about the evening's dinner invitation is being replaced by anxiety.

She doesn't understand why a stranger would want to invite her. She doesn't know why the woman, presumably a fancy one since she had the letter delivered by a servant, might have an opportunity for her. After all if she needed medicines or cosmetics she could come to the shop, or send the servant if she doesn't leave her house or something like that.

Around noon Mimi slips out of the apothecary's and goes down the street to the grocer's to find her friend Herrick. She shows him the letter, and begs him to come along with her. She needs a familiar face at the dinner for support.

"Please come with me! The woman's servant told me we won't have to change clothes after work or anything, and she didn't say I couldn't bring someone. It'll be fun. I might chicken out if I have to go alone."


macros:
Creature #1: hp XX/XX; AC/T/FF XX/XX/XX; Fort/Ref/Will +X/+X/+X; vs Feint X

Mimi: Herrik is a little bemused at your request. "I'd love to go with you, Mimi, but you know we receive shipment of vegetables tonight. Pa would be furious with me if I skipped out on that! You should go, though. Who knows? Maybe it'll lead to something big!"


HP (22/22) AC (16/11/15) Fort (+6) Ref (+1) Will (+6) Initiative (+1) CMB (+4) CMD (15/19) Lvl 1 Spells (1/3)
Skills:
Knowledge-All (+3) Diplomacy (+5) Intimidate (+6) Spellcraft (+6) Profession-All (+5) Knowledge Engineering (+7) Sense Motive (+8) Knowledge Religion (+8) Craft-Smithing (+11) Profession-Merchant (+11/+13)

Valghaz:
Quote:

You hear a knock on your door. Upon answering it, you see a wizened old halfling woman. She bows briefly and hands you a letter with a smile, then waits for you to read it. It reads:

Greetings,

I trust this missive finds you in good health.

My name is Lavinia Van Rebvorn, and I humbly request your attendance at dinner at my estate on Festival Street and Blue Skink Lane tomorrow evening. I think that I can present you with an opportunity uniquely suited to your skills. Please inform the carrier of this letter of your response to this invitation, and I hope to be speaking to you soon!

-Lavinia Van Rebvorn

Valghaz read over the letter carefully and with a professional eye. A nobleman was in need of his skills. Obviously he wanted a sword or somesuch, gilded with golden filigree, that he would wave around and claim that it was 'dwaven work.'

He did a quick mental calculation of the funds that he had available. He could go out and buy himself proper clothing for a noble's dinner, but even if he scraped and saved everything that he had, it would barely cover the expenses. And if no contract came of it, he'd be broke with a nice suit.

Turning back to the courier, he gave a curt nod.

"Tell yer master that I'll be there, an' that...I said somethin' fancy about it bein' an honor to meet him or somesuch. Ye look like yer good with words, make it sound nice."

He had it decided. He would go dressed in his most 'dwarven' of attire. Most likely this Lavinia wanted him as a smith, so he'd look the part. Which was just as well, because there was little else to do.

Under clothing, it says that it costs 30gc for a courtier's outfit. The text reads:

This outfit includes fancy, tailored clothes in whatever fashion happens to be the current style in the courts of the nobles. Anyone trying to influence nobles or courtiers while wearing street dress will have a hard time of it (–2 penalty on Charisma-based skill checks to influence such individuals). If you wear this outfit without jewelry (costing an additional 50 gp), you look like an out-of-place commoner. As this outfit does not cost 10 gp or less, player characters can not choose this outfit for free when first beginning play.

I only have 29gc. Not enough to buy a courtier's outfit. And certainly not enough to get the 50gc of jewelry to not look like an out of place commoner. So Valghaz will be going to the party in his cleanest or normal clothing. He plans to look every inch the dwarven smith. However, to make up for the -2 penalty to Charisma based skill checks, he will be preparing the lvl0 spell Enhanced Diplomacy. Standard action to give himself +2 on diplomacy based checks for 1 minute. So hopefully that'll make up for his lack of funds. He will also be praying to have his lvl 1 spells changed to be Refine Masterwork Weapon (Always be polite, and have a plan to kill everyone you meet), Ice Armor and Cultural Adaptation.

The final spell gives him a further +2 to diplomacy checks for 10 minutes, which comes from being able to divinely have the correct body language and mannerisms as the culture being adapted. Very useful when dealing with nobles, as it'll help him not make a fool out of himself.

Overall, with the negative modifiers and the spells, he should be having a +6 diplomacy modifier while at the party, if he uses a lvl1 spell.


macros:
Creature #1: hp XX/XX; AC/T/FF XX/XX/XX; Fort/Ref/Will +X/+X/+X; vs Feint X

The evening of the day after you receive the invitation, you arrive at Van Rebvorn Manor, located in the eastern section of the Merchant District. The seven-foot-high stone wall that surrounds the estate is impossible to miss, as is the towering three-story house that dominates the grounds within. Leering stone pirates and capering sirens festoon the eaves of the manor's roof, and several trees give the manor grounds a nice buffer from the bustle of the city.

The front gates have been left open. When you enter and knock on the front door, the same wizened halfling woman that delivered the letter answers the door. "Thank you for arriving on time, dear. If you would follow me to the atrium, Lady Van Rebvorn will be with you shortly, once everybody arrives."

The atrium is a great hall with smooth, white marble stonework. Two oak stairwells with burnished brass railings ascend to an open first-floor landing. Tapestries depicting a beautiful and savage frontier of sprawling jungle landscapes and an eerie shoreline hang from the upper landing. A glass chandelier hangs from the atrium's ceiling. Several comfortable-looking divans dot the walls.

One by one, you are lead to the atrium by the halfling, and at some point she offers a tray of warm dinner rolls for anybody who would like a small bite to eat before dinner.


HP (22/22) AC (16/11/15) Fort (+6) Ref (+1) Will (+6) Initiative (+1) CMB (+4) CMD (15/19) Lvl 1 Spells (1/3)
Skills:
Knowledge-All (+3) Diplomacy (+5) Intimidate (+6) Spellcraft (+6) Profession-All (+5) Knowledge Engineering (+7) Sense Motive (+8) Knowledge Religion (+8) Craft-Smithing (+11) Profession-Merchant (+11/+13)

Valghaz takes a roll and bites into it, while admiring the quality of the manor.

KL: 1d20 ⇒ 7

He knew little about the Van Rebvorn family, besides that they were indeed nobles. And obviously they had money. Looking at the other people with him, he wondered what exactly they were getting at though. He was a smith, but what were the trades of the others? Looking at Chan, he vaguely recalled seeing the man working as...what was it? A flower arranger? Though he looked like hired muscle to the dwarf as much as anything else. The woman Elania (whose name he didn't know) was dressed like an entertainer. He assumed that the other women were either entertainers like her or were craftswomen.

Deciding against introducing himself, he just waited patiently. With any luck he'd find what weapon or armor they wanted him to craft, and could get to work on it.


Male Human Unchained Monk 1; Init +2, Per +6; AC 15/15/12; HP 3/12; F+3, R+4, W+2

Chan feels very out of place here; he has never been in such fine surroundings. His fear nags him still. Either I once mugged a family member or employee of the Van Rebvorn's, or they know I was a thug and want me to do a "job." Perhaps this was a bad idea. He does not sit or eat, but studies the the tapestries. He knows the one of the shoreline is meant to be mysterious and disquieting, but he finds it strangely peaceful, reminding him of the night he saw a strange form in the sky.


Female Human Pirate Rogue (Unchained) 2 | HP 13/13 | AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | Fort+0 Ref +6 Will+1 | Initiative +5 (7 on ships) | Perception +6 |

As Arya walks in to the atrium she stops and stands, admiring the fine architecture of marble and oak. She walks underneath the chandelier and looks up at the glistening glass. For a moment, she is back in her old life. Perhaps her father had taken her to a party here once, long ago. In any case, the great hall reminds her strongly of home.

Looking around at the other guests she wonders what could have brought them all here. Chan definitely looked like he could be another sailor, although there was something different about him, a tranquility not shared by the other men she works with. When Elania walks into the room, something about the way she moves catches Arya's eye.

Grabbing a warm roll from the tray, Arya strides confidently over to stand beside Elania. A smile on her face, she turns to the other girl.
"You're a dancer, aren't you?"


Female Human Bard 2; Init +4, Per +5; AC 17/15/12; CMD:16; HP 19/19; F+2, R+7, W+3

Elaina feels comforted by the walls and trees of the property. She enjoyed the city, but sometimes she felt vulnerable surrounded by so many strangers. She wonders what a place like this cost. Probably more than a copper bath does. She thinks to herself, and wishes someone she knew were here to talk through her nervousness. I wonder who these other people are. Is one of them Lavinia? And...A dwarf! That's a good sign. Elaina likes dwarves. They always seem to be reliable. When someone asks her if she's a dancer, she jumps into a prepared bit of self-promotion. "Why yes I am! You must have seen me-" She cuts off when she turns to face the voice. She has to crane her head back to see the other woman's face under the large brim of her hat. "Waoh. You're really tall for a girl!"


Female Human Magus 2; Init +4, Per -1; AC 13/10/13; HP 16/16; F+4, R+0, W+2

Arenel walked in calmly, dressed in a long red dress with a split up the left side and made so that only her right shoulder and arm where sleeved, allowing her tattoos to show on her left arm and shoulder. A black bodice around her with a scarlet skull embroidered upon it held the dress close to her frame. Her hair was down in a braid, drapped over her left shoulder.

Her eyes settled upon each individual within the room before giving a soft hum and taking a seat in one of the divans the lined the walls. She respectfully declined the roll offered and returned to waiting.

Interesting... So mayhaps it isn't the Skulls this woman is looking to hire. These people all seem... Different.


Female Human Pirate Rogue (Unchained) 2 | HP 13/13 | AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | Fort+0 Ref +6 Will+1 | Initiative +5 (7 on ships) | Perception +6 |

Elaina's words cut Arya deeper than was probably intended.
She tries to laugh off the comment but her expression gives away the pain she feels as she remembers her time back in school.
"You sound just like the girls in the Academy."


Female Human Bard 2; Init +4, Per +5; AC 17/15/12; CMD:16; HP 19/19; F+2, R+7, W+3

Elaina isn't sure why the woman suddenly seems sad. [/b]"What girls? What academy?"[/b] She ponders for a moment and squeaks with the excitement of realization. "You mean the dance academy?! Is that where you're from, is that what this is about?!" She bounces energetically on the balls of her feet, whisking off her hat and clutching it to her chest, grinning up at Arya.


Female Human Pirate Rogue (Unchained) 2 | HP 13/13 | AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | Fort+0 Ref +6 Will+1 | Initiative +5 (7 on ships) | Perception +6 |

The sad expression is quickly wiped from Arya's face as she catches Elaina's infectious grin.
"Yeah, the Telvanta Dance Academy. I used to study ballet there but I left a couple of years ago. I'm a sailor now. I'm not sure what this is about."
"The name's Arya, by the way."


Female Human Bard 2; Init +4, Per +5; AC 17/15/12; CMD:16; HP 19/19; F+2, R+7, W+3

Control yourself, Elaina! Elaina takes a breath and steps backwards. "You left to be a sailor? Why? What about sea monsters?"
"I'm Elaina." She adds.


macros:
Creature #1: hp XX/XX; AC/T/FF XX/XX/XX; Fort/Ref/Will +X/+X/+X; vs Feint X

Story moving forward below, but feel free to continue talking amongst yourselves as desired.

After everyone has arrived and while Arya and Elaina are speaking, four people emerge from a different room and walk past, with Kora, the halfling you met earlier, racing behind them.

The four individuals are a jaunty male dressed in leather armor and armed with a half-dozen daggers of different shapes, a dark-skinned dwarf with a sour expression dressed in green and brown robes and clutching a large curved spear, a tall and handsome man dressed in a polished breastplate carrying a bastard sword, and finally an attractive but haughty-looking half-elf woman dressed in dark purple robes, with a tattoo of a crescent moon on one cheek.

Chan:
It takes you a moment, but you realize you recognize the half-elf - it's none other than Ko'ren Hempenleaf!

Knowledge (local) DC 15:
You recognize the group as the Jade Ravens, an adventuring party that has been operating in Siren's Bay for the past year or so. The leader of the group is the man in the breastplate, Tolin Kientai. The others include Zan Oldavin (man with daggers), Kaskus Kiel (dwarf), and Ko'ren Hempenleaf (female half-elf).

As the group walks past, the man in the breastplate looks over the six of you before saying, "Hmmmm. You must be the help Lavinia's bringing in to do the chores. Best of luck to ya!"


Female Human Magus 2; Init +4, Per -1; AC 13/10/13; HP 16/16; F+4, R+0, W+2

Arenel watched them go, keeping her eyes upon them all at the same time. The look on her face easily read as a mixture of interest and curiosity. Though when spoken to, even if it was to the group in whole, she smirked and crossed her arms. "Should we even ask what these chores are?" She questioned.


Female Human Pirate Rogue (Unchained) 2 | HP 13/13 | AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | Fort+0 Ref +6 Will+1 | Initiative +5 (7 on ships) | Perception +6 |

"Nice to meet you Elaina, well I..." Arya trails off as she notices the four heavily armed individuals walking through the room.
Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Not recognising the group, their words just raise further questions.
Hearing Arenel speak up, her attention is drawn to the woman. Arenel's face looks familiar, and Arya wonders where she might have seen her before. Perhaps in a tavern down by the docks?
She looks back to Elaina and then to the new group, waiting for some clue as to what chores everyone was summoned here for.


Female Human Alchemist (Grenadier) 2 | HP: 19/19 | AC: 16 (T: 13, F: 13) | CMB: +1, CMD: 13 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +1 | Speed 30' | Bombs 6/6 Day

In Mimi's experience "offers" and "suggestions" made by people in places like this house are really just fancily worded orders. She takes two rolls to be sure her compliance is noted.

Mimi is a little overawed by the great house with its gated wall and fancy decorations. Once inside with the other guests she mostly stays near the wall, offering a weak smile and awkward hand wave to anyone to looks her way.

Eventually she decides she really should try to talk with someone there. Two of the women are busy in a conversation so they're out. The other woman is wearing a very pretty dress and Mimi can't imagine what she might say to such a person.

The man is busy looking at the wall hangings and she wouldn't want to disturb him.

She decides to approach the dwarf, since he seems less preoccupied and she speaks dwarven, which might please him.

Approaching the dwarf, Mimi says "Dobra večer gospodine. Da li ti zašto smo ovdje pozvani na večeru?"

Translation from Dwarven:
"Good evening Sir. Do you know why we have been invited here for dinner?"

Looking at the dwarf's garb, as well as that some of the other guests, she adds "Tu je i plesačica, A kurtizana, i ti si obučen kao kovača. Je li kostim stranka? Nitko ne spominje da je dio ove večeri za mene."

Translation from Dwarven:
"There is a dancer, a courtesan, and you are dressed as a blacksmith. Is this a costume party? Nobody mentioned that part of this evening to me."


Female Human Bard 2; Init +4, Per +5; AC 17/15/12; CMD:16; HP 19/19; F+2, R+7, W+3

Know:Local: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Elaina drops onto one of the divans and scowls in a pout. I did not come here to do chores! She thinks. But one of Nkosamas many sayings comes to her. [i]"One should not throw away an opportunity just because one does not understand."[/b] So she waits and wonders why four people need to be so heavily armed in the middle of the city. She only carries her sword because she uses it in her dances.


Male Human Unchained Monk 1; Init +2, Per +6; AC 15/15/12; HP 3/12; F+3, R+4, W+2

All of Chan's fears and doubts vanish once he lays eyes on the half-elf. His cheeks redden, a wide smile comes to his face, and his jaw drops at her beauty--despite his aversion to letting others notice his four missing teeth. As he finally breaks from her face to gaze at the rest of her, he wonders what she must now be; such fine clothes and that tattoo--certainly she has become someone of no small import!

Wait; did the man in the breastplate just say something? Chan rubs his chin with his hand as he recovers. Pay attention! he thinks to himself. He is listening now, but keeps his eyes on Ko'ren, hoping to catch her gaze.


HP (22/22) AC (16/11/15) Fort (+6) Ref (+1) Will (+6) Initiative (+1) CMB (+4) CMD (15/19) Lvl 1 Spells (1/3)
Skills:
Knowledge-All (+3) Diplomacy (+5) Intimidate (+6) Spellcraft (+6) Profession-All (+5) Knowledge Engineering (+7) Sense Motive (+8) Knowledge Religion (+8) Craft-Smithing (+11) Profession-Merchant (+11/+13)

Valghaz smiles at Mimi, impressed with her linguistic abilities. {Dwarven}"I know not. I am but a humble smith and priest of Merodach. I assume that these nobles have contracts for us. Dancing, entertaining, the commissioning of a sword or spear. Or perhaps (he adds with a chuckle) they are to hire us to be adventurers. I wish I knew. Though, I must ask, how did you learn the tongue of my people? You speak it well."{Dwarven}


Female Human Alchemist (Grenadier) 2 | HP: 19/19 | AC: 16 (T: 13, F: 13) | CMB: +1, CMD: 13 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +1 | Speed 30' | Bombs 6/6 Day

Mimi is pleased, almost grateful when the dwarf compliments her dwarven.

"Oh! Thank you." she responds, her face reddening.

"I picked up some when I was kid from a dwarf who lived in my neighborhood. Mostly I learned it so I could read alchemical texts in dwarven. That's how I learned gnomish too. Lots of stuff in gnomish...."

"I'm glad you're an actual smith, and the others are probably what they seem to be dressed as. If this were a costume party it would have been very embarrassing."


macros:
Creature #1: hp XX/XX; AC/T/FF XX/XX/XX; Fort/Ref/Will +X/+X/+X; vs Feint X

The lack of response seems to take the man in the breastplate back, as a puzzled look appears on his face for a moment before he turns away from you and says to the rest of his group. "Well then, off to Pollane!" The group follows his lead out of the house, while Kora, the halfling, beckons for your group to follow her.

Chan:
Either Ko'ren is determined not to meet your gaze, or she just flat out didn't recognize you.

Chan, Sense Motive DC 21:
Though she is apparently trying to hide it, Ko'ren definitely recognized you, and something about her bearing makes you think she's not exactly happy to see you.

Kora leads you to a private dining hall which looks particularly comfortable and cozy. It is softly lit by wall-mounted lanterns; the carpet is thick and soft. A window overlooks the manor's central courtyard. A large portrait depicting a handsome young man with a short beard hangs on the wall. Standing before the portrait is an attractive human woman wearing a long, flowing blue dress. She smiles as you enter.

"Greetings! I am Lavinia Van Rebvorn, and I'm very happy to meet you. Thank you for answering my rather unexpected letter. I'm sure you have plenty of questions. Let's sit down to eat, and I'll do my best to answer them."

As you sit at the dining table, you can't help but notice that the china set out before you looks slightly the worse for wear, with a few chips here and there. Your attention is quickly drawn by Kora delivering bowls of moqueca, the rich broth of the fish soup filling your nose with the smell of the sea, garlic, and onion.

Lavinia eats but a spoonful of the soup before she sets her spoon down and begins speaking, seemingly eager to get to the task at hand.

"As you may have heard, I recently inherited my parents's estate. Along with this fine house, unfortunately, came a fine amount of debt owed the Dawn Council, the harbormaster, and quite a few guildhalls. It seems my parents, for all the family's success, were not as skilled at managing money as one would expect. If I'm to get these taxes paid, I'll need access to my family's vault under Black Thatch Manor."

She pauses to eat a spoonful of moqueca before continuing. "And that's the problem, you see. The vaults are magically locked - keyed to special signet rings. Both of my parents had those rings, at least, until recently. My mother lost hers a few months ago. She arranged for a replacement, but it won't be done for another month or so, too late for me. Which leaves my father's ring. He never wore it - he had a thing about men wearing jewelry. He kept it hidden somewhere on his ship, the Blue Nixie. The problem there is that the harbormaster's seized the ship until someone pays for the last four months of mooring. I've paid the fines to the man the harbormaster's put in charge of my ship, a brute named Soller Vark. yet when I went to claim my ship, Vark's men wouldn't even let me board, claiming that I hadn't yet paid the fines. I spoke to Vark again and he denied ever receiving my payments. My complaints to the harbormaster have fallen on deaf ears - he's a doddering old fool who trusts his man and won't relent.

"Vark and his men are up to something on my ship, I know it. What I need is to find out exactly what they're up to. Unfortunately, Vark's not the type to react well to diplomacy or logic. I need someone who speaks his language, which is where you come in. I've heard rumors that each of you are skilled in getting things done. If you can find out what he's using my ship for, or even better, recover the money I paid him, I'll pay each of you 200 gold in return once I've access to my vault.

"I hope for this to be just the first job for which I hire you, though any discussions along that path will need to wait until I see what is in the vault."

Lavinia takes a deep breath and smiles at you nervously.

GM:
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21


Male Human Unchained Monk 1; Init +2, Per +6; AC 15/15/12; HP 3/12; F+3, R+4, W+2

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Chan is crestfallen that he didn't get Ko'ren's attention, but he doesn't want to embarrass her in front of her peers. He watches her leave, sure they'll meet again.

Chan is happy to eat such wonderful food as he listens. So it is a "job," but one on the correct side of "right and good."

He stands and addresses Lavinia with a smile. "I, for one, will help you."


Female Human Bard 2; Init +4, Per +5; AC 17/15/12; CMD:16; HP 19/19; F+2, R+7, W+3

She's BROKE?! Elaina thinks, inhaling some of the soup and choking on it, partially out of the shock of revelation but mostly because she hates fish. But two-hundred gold is more than I have now. Probably enough for a big copper bathtub. And there could be more work after? Should I demand a share of whatever is in the vault? Is that fair? Oh, I wish Nkosama was here, he would know what to do! She tries to muffle her coughs for over a minute, then clears her throat."Ahhh, you must have heard of my unmatched adorableness and masterful skills at diplomacy. I will talk to this Vark and get your money. Or ring. Or ship. No one can resist my charm."

She takes a bite of a roll to get the flavor of fish out of her mouth and asks bluntly "How'd your parents die? And why can't those guys that just left do this for you?" Probably don't know how to talk to people like I do.


macros:
Creature #1: hp XX/XX; AC/T/FF XX/XX/XX; Fort/Ref/Will +X/+X/+X; vs Feint X

Lavinia smiles at Chan. "Thank you." At Elaina's blunt question, Lavinia looks taken aback for a moment. She quietly responds, "On what was to be the maiden voyage of their new ship, there was a fire that burned the ship to the waterline. There were no survivors."

She pauses, the grief evident on her face, then continues, "I've tasked the Jade Ravens with travelling to Pollane to contact my family there to ask for additional assistance."


Female Human Magus 2; Init +4, Per -1; AC 13/10/13; HP 16/16; F+4, R+0, W+2

Ah, so that is why she isn't hiring someone like the Scarlet Skulls. I doubt right now she could afford the contract.

Arenel sipped on the soup as she listened to two others talk, on jumping right in with a yes and the other being rather... blunt with their questions. Once Lavinia finished answering the woman's question Arenel set her spoon down and looked to their hostess. "I will help you. I don't like those who do not keep to their word when the other half has kept to theirs. In the line of work I'm set to follow you live or die off of your reputation, you've upheld your part so we just need to... persuade this, Vark, to uphold his."


HP (22/22) AC (16/11/15) Fort (+6) Ref (+1) Will (+6) Initiative (+1) CMB (+4) CMD (15/19) Lvl 1 Spells (1/3)
Skills:
Knowledge-All (+3) Diplomacy (+5) Intimidate (+6) Spellcraft (+6) Profession-All (+5) Knowledge Engineering (+7) Sense Motive (+8) Knowledge Religion (+8) Craft-Smithing (+11) Profession-Merchant (+11/+13)

Valghaz touches his necklace and whispers a prayer to his god before stepping forward d.

"A fine tale an' a fine price. But if I may be so bold, why have ye chose to send us?"


macros:
Creature #1: hp XX/XX; AC/T/FF XX/XX/XX; Fort/Ref/Will +X/+X/+X; vs Feint X

"As I've said, I've heard that the six of you, even though you may not know each other, have a reputation for being able to get things done. I've asked the city watch, but unfortunately, I have no proof of wrongdoing. It was foolish of me to hand over the money to Vark without witnesses, but what's done is done. The watch promised to look into the matter, but without proof, the investigation takes a back seat to other, more pressing matters. I can't afford the luxury of waiting."


Female Human Pirate Rogue (Unchained) 2 | HP 13/13 | AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | Fort+0 Ref +6 Will+1 | Initiative +5 (7 on ships) | Perception +6 |

Arya listens intently to the conversation as she quickly polishes off her moqueca, enjoying the broth a bit too much for such a polite setting.
Watching the other guests eagerly offer their services she grows immediately fond of the would-be crew. These are good people, I don't know how she found us all but she's picked a fine bunch.

She rests her spoon in the empty bowl, looking around she is slightly embarrassed to be the first to finish.
"I'm sorry about what happened to your family, I'd heard talk of a ship fire, but I had no idea it was so bad." Arya says when a lull in the conversation comes up.
"And I'm sorry you've found yourself in such hard circumstances at such a rough time. I'm sure that we'll be able to help you gain access to your family's vault. And don't worry about Soller Vark, that no good cheat, you can rest assured that he'll get what's coming to him. Count me in!


HP (22/22) AC (16/11/15) Fort (+6) Ref (+1) Will (+6) Initiative (+1) CMB (+4) CMD (15/19) Lvl 1 Spells (1/3)
Skills:
Knowledge-All (+3) Diplomacy (+5) Intimidate (+6) Spellcraft (+6) Profession-All (+5) Knowledge Engineering (+7) Sense Motive (+8) Knowledge Religion (+8) Craft-Smithing (+11) Profession-Merchant (+11/+13)

"I do not make oaths as lightly as some present, but ye have me hammer. I will fight for this cause, to the best of me ability."


macros:
Creature #1: hp XX/XX; AC/T/FF XX/XX/XX; Fort/Ref/Will +X/+X/+X; vs Feint X

Mimi's post is in the Discussion thread, presumably accidentally.

At the group's overall agreement, Lavinia smiles once more, and a burden seems to lift from her shoulders. "Wonderful! The Blue Nixie is docked at pier five in the Trade District - it's the long pier between the Merchant's Guildhall and the Smith's Guildhall."

Kora comes back into the dining hall and removes the bowls, and moments later brings out fresh blueberry scones for dessert.

Feel free to continue to roleplay, either with each other (develop a plan for the job?) or with Lavinia. When you're ready, we'll move forward.


Female Human Alchemist (Grenadier) 2 | HP: 19/19 | AC: 16 (T: 13, F: 13) | CMB: +1, CMD: 13 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +1 | Speed 30' | Bombs 6/6 Day

Moved this over from discussion, but of course it's too late to remove the one that's over there. Sorry

Mimì mostly looks down at her red and green stained hands as their host speaks. She can't imagine what her "ability to get things done" might be, but the amount of money offered would buy an awful lot of lab equipment.

Her eyes dart to each person as they agree, and she tries to guess what they can do.

Finally, when she is the only one remaining, she speaks up as well.

"Yes, I agree. I will do it." she answers in a voice that almost squeaks with the tension she feels.


Female Human Pirate Rogue (Unchained) 2 | HP 13/13 | AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | Fort+0 Ref +6 Will+1 | Initiative +5 (7 on ships) | Perception +6 |

Arya eyes the scones eagerly, picking one up and breaking it in half before stuffing one of the halves into her mouth. She places the other half back on her plate and licks the crumbs from her fingers.
"So once we have found your father's ring, we take that to the vault under Black Thatch Manor and we can bypass the magical lock? Or are we just the muscle to retrieve the ring?" Arya says, slightly puzzled.
Focusing on the most immediate task, she adds "Have you or your family had any dealings with Vark in the past? Is there anything you can tell us about Vark or his men? How many of them are there?"


macros:
Creature #1: hp XX/XX; AC/T/FF XX/XX/XX; Fort/Ref/Will +X/+X/+X; vs Feint X

"If possible, I'd like you to find my father's ring, find out what Vark and his men are up to and stop him if it's nefarious, and recover the money he stole from me. The ring is of the most importance, however. Once you find it, please bring it back to me - you won't be allowed to my vault unless you're a Van Rebvorn."

Lavinia sighs at the mention of Vark. "The only dealings I have had with him was my attempts to pay the mooring fees. He was a disgusting troll of a man who kept trying to peer down my bodice. From what I've gathered, he is a relative newcomer to the docks, somehow worming his way into a position of power while the harbormaster, doddering old Keltar Islaran, frets endlessly that his son won't take up the post. I don't know the number of Vark's men, though I'd guess it to be around a dozen or so."


Female Human Bard 2; Init +4, Per +5; AC 17/15/12; CMD:16; HP 19/19; F+2, R+7, W+3

Elaina gobbles down several of the scones, having more-or-less skipped the soup, then stands and introduces herself. "I'm sure you all have heard of me, but just in case, I am Elaina Newberry." She pauses to wait for anyone to react, then continues. "It sounds like this Vark saw an opportunity to take advantage of the harbormaster and took it. You would think someone would have him replaced, considering the importance of the cities harbor. Can't have weak minds. Oh well, doesn't effect me." She shrugs and sticks out her lower lip, blowing her bangs out of her eyes. "I he doesn't want to be reasonable, all we have to do is get the money back, then you can pay him again in front of witnesses. It's not like he could refuse to take your money. Does the boat have a place to keep money?"

1 to 50 of 918 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM alientude's Savage Tide All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.