Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GM AbyssDancer's 'Ire of the Storm'

Game Master AbyssDancer

Drawn by tales of long-lost temples and the abandoned riches of long-dead heretical cults, the PCs are not the first treasure-hunters, fortune-seekers, or troubled souls hoping for a fresh start at the frontier town of Pridon's Hearth. But dark threatening stormclouds are gathering beyond the horizon, for both the colonists and for the wider region. It is far from certain that this mixed group of heroes and chancers will survive to make their fortune, and in so doing shield the growing colony from raging tempests and hostile monsters. Dare they brave the Ire of the Storm?


301 to 350 of 455 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Half-elf Barbarian (I.R. DR @ 1) 3 |HP 30/35 |AC 17/T 12/FF 15 | F+5/R+3/W+4 | CMB + 7| CMD 19 |init +4 | Perc + 9| Dr/1 | Rage:13/13, HP+2, AC-2, W+2,

'What the, where am I, ooohhhh' Seamus finds himself laying in front of the capsized boat in a foot of water where the slimy tendrils just moments before had been attempting to dworn him. Steam rising from his armor he stands still holding his fathers knobkerrie club he points toward the sherriff. "Is she ok?"

Not much help with actually healing people, he begins checking the corpses of the lizards, first making sure they were dead and then checking the bodies for anything of value. then he looks at the levee, "Can we do anything to help with the flooding?"

perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

GM AbyssDancer wrote:
the damaged levee is still allowing seawater to flood into the town behind.

is this more descriptive or is there actually material that we can use to repair the levee?


Driven to his knees before the obliterated druid, Pious' head remains bowed, rain streams down his lank hair. He should be dead. Only the strength of the divine has kept him on his feet, held him together until his duty was done. But he had smote the defiler, his arm had been true.

Finally he looks up. The scene above him, a holy blade standing in the remains of a slain foe, looks like nothing if not a shrine to his god. Standing he collects his scripture, the pages flap in the wind but one page remains open...

"Seek and thee shall find. Need and He shall provide."

Pious' abused body screams as he pulls himself upwards first to his feet then ponderously to the top of the levee

"Today... Today you have been witness to the divine. Today Aroden walked among us. He turned the skies against the sky witch. I am his hand, and I shall be his wrath!

With that he grasped the hilt of his sword as it rippled with power. making to raise it above his head.


Gnome Sorcerer 3 | 18/20 HP | 13 AC (+2 in jungle) 13 T 11 FF | 11 CMD | F +4 R +3 W +2 (+2 vs fear) | Init +7 | Perc +5 | SM -1 | Thunderstaff 7/7 | Spells: 1st 6/6

Jit giggles and claps her hands gleefully when Francis swats her scaly pursuer away. She beams at the ape, then turns her attention to the locked battle between the two religious fanatics.

The next thing she knows, she’s staring blankly at the raining sky, her eyes adjusting from the flash to the dark to now. She sits up too fast, lies back down, then gets up more slowly. “...Whoa,” she says to herself, in shock and awe of the storm’s final, culminating climax.

Joining the others, she eyes the damaged levee nervously. She gives Pious a concerned side eye, but doesn’t try to argue with his conclusion. Something powerful directed that explosion - she could feel it in her gut - and for all she knew he could be right. But Jit suspected a more primal force was responsible. “I think we should probably try to plug up this gap,” she suggests, unusually pragmatic and somber. She looks away and down briefly, adding, “I kinda feel bad about that chandlery, but maybe there’s something in there that can help us.” That said, she heads for the rubble and starts rooting through it to look for sandbags or anything else that could help repair the levee.

---

Perception?: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


Map 2: Korir River Delta Party Status and Loot

The party comes to their senses and begin to organise themselves. They are aided in this by the fact that the wind has dropped significantly. It still hurls sheets of rain at them, but in gusts, not hurricane-strength blasts.

Chest Thumper rushes to the aid of the stricken Sheriff Adaela. She is pale-faced, either from cold or blood loss, and has suffered injuries to the right-hand side of her head and to her right shoulder. She is still breathing; unconscious but seriously injured. He hands and feet have been tied with vine-based ropes – it appears the lizardfolk had captured her for some unexplained nefarious purpose. As the apeman unties her bonds and heals her, he sees her injuries begin to knit together and she takes a deep peaceful intake of breath. ”Thank you…thank you” she murmurs, then opens her eyes sharply”The Lizardfolk! My men? What happened?”

Aza meanwhile seeks out Mme Oyin and Gilthel. After heading back, past the wrecked butcher’s shop and calling out their names she finds them taking cover inside a nearby home. Both are cold and frightened and take some reassuring to return to the street outside. ”What happened?” asks Mme Oyin; ”we heard fighting and saw a figure blown like a rag doll across the rooftops. Then I saw Pascal’s shop blow away” here she gestures at the butcher shop ”. We feared the worse and ran to seek safety. Is anyone hurt?”

At the levee, Pious exults in his survival and the corrupted druid’s demise. Ascending the sea wall to his longsword, he grasps the haft of his sword. Shivers of electrical power run up his arm, then fade away to remain only on the blade itself. Grasping the blade with both hands, he struggles to remove it from the glass-fused sandbags until a spray of seawater cracks the still-hot glass with a sharp crack. The sword appears surprisingly intact despite the impact lightning bolt, although the leather grip is badly charred and holding the blade incurs some minor discomfort due to constant electrical arcing. Yes somehow it feels – different. More potent… Pious you might want to get this checked out…

Wracked with exhaustion from his rage hangoverIradyiel remains in the street and picks over the bodies of the fallen lizardfolk. One is buried within the wreckage of the chandlery, another blew away, and on the rest he finds nothing remarkable – a motley collection of relatively primitive maces, spears, morningstars and javelins, plus a handful of heavy shields. It appears that this was a warparty, rather than a raid, and gathering loot had not been a priority. Inspecting the robes of the lizard druid gathers rather more of interest. Within the folds of the robes Iradyiel finds a fist-sized jade brooch in the shape of a trilobite, plus a black wooden wand inlaid with silver and with unpleasant-looking runic carvings running up one side.

After this, Iradyiel and Jit together inspect the breach to the sea defences. Fortunately the damage is not irreparable – it seems the lizardfolk had started to sabotage the sandbag wall in one section to flood Islandtown, but though some concentrated effort by several pairs of hands this could be reversed. Where sandbags have been split, Jit finds some spare bags in the wreckage of the chandlery, and other bags can be restacked on the heap. This will take 30 minutes to achieve, divided by the number of people helping

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Male Half-Orc 3rd level Druid CG Medium humanoid (orc) Init +1; Senses darkvision, scent; Perc: +12 Francis - Init +4; Senses Lowlight vison, Perc: +1

Chest Thumper begins answering the sheriff's question with a shake of his head, though he is obviously relieved when she regains consciousness.

Though that single heads shake speaks volumes and answers each of her questions in turn, including expressing his lack of desire to fight his exhaustion to tell her what happened, she deserves more.

"The lizardfolk are dealt with. But I'm afraid your men didn't make it, either."

He looks around and sees the gap in the levee and folks moving to repair it. He looks back down at her.

"We have to fix the levee. Why don't you go over there with Mme It in and Gilthel while we work. When it's done, we'll all head back to the Stone Hall with the rest of the people."

He pushes to his feet and ambles over to the levee to help, pausing to turn his face up into the rain, enjoying it now that it's not so unnaturally intense.

He tries to get Francis to help, too with a few half hearted gestures and grunts.

Handle Animal + Link: 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 4 = 15

EXTREMELY reluctantly, Francis moves to help as well, carrying sandbags.

Chest Thumper and Francis will help with the levee.


Male Half-elf Barbarian (I.R. DR @ 1) 3 |HP 30/35 |AC 17/T 12/FF 15 | F+5/R+3/W+4 | CMB + 7| CMD 19 |init +4 | Perc + 9| Dr/1 | Rage:13/13, HP+2, AC-2, W+2,

Now
'Their dead, all dead, the 'leader' apparently blew herself up on Master Shepard's sword, very poetic... and just in time, I'm very tired, so very tired... don't know that I have it in me to rage anymore, I may need to fight more defensive.' Turning over the last lizard seeing that it was dead. Irayiel notices the large lizard shield. He hefts it a couple of times in his right hand. 'I can use this with the Terbutje.

'Yes, we need to rebuild the wall.' Inspecting the wall he moves toward Chest Thumper and the sheriff, pointing toward the other bags. "Your correct Master Thumper, I will begin carrying over the other bags." Using the leather thong tied to the shield he swings it over his shoulder, he starts carrying the 'other bags' and placing them on the spots where the water was rushing through.

later, once they are finished.
'Now what.' Once they were done repairing the levy, he turns to the sheriff, "What do we do now Ma'am?"


Female Human Oracle 3
Stats:
Init: +8 | HP: 25/25 | AC: 12 | FF: 10 | Tch: 12 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +3 | Will: +3 | Perc: +3 | 1; 6/6 Spells Left

Aza listens into the conversation as she returns from seeking out the hiding refugees. She takes a moment to look over the destruction again before slinging her quarterstaff back over her back - fortunately her hearing was returning quickly. "I h-hope this is everybody..." she mutters, walking over to the sand bags and assisting with replacing them on the levee so that maybe they could prevent more damage. "I do not - I feel tired. I do not h-have another fight l-like that in me..." She glances at Jit, whom she had not seen much of during the fight, but smiled regardless at her lack of obvious wounds. "I am gl-glad that you are all r-r-right." There's a brief pause, before the oracle swiftly adds "And-d everyone else, too." She nods towards the sheriff. "My-my condolences, about your men. I do not believe that anyone c-could have seen this coming-arriving-ing."


Gnome Sorcerer 3 | 18/20 HP | 13 AC (+2 in jungle) 13 T 11 FF | 11 CMD | F +4 R +3 W +2 (+2 vs fear) | Init +7 | Perc +5 | SM -1 | Thunderstaff 7/7 | Spells: 1st 6/6

Jit does her best to heft a sandbag in her arms, despite the fact that it’s almost her size. She picks one up, quickly realizes that she isn’t strong enough and immediately drops it again with a heaving grunt. She takes in a quick breath and reaches for it again, this time just grabbing one end and dragging it toward the breach in the levee.

She finishes putting that one in place, satisfied with her work, before going back for another. As she’s dragging it, she nearly bumps into Aza, and smiles broadly at the girl’s relief. She drops the bag and puts both hands on her hips, bragging, “It takes more than this to get to me! I told you I’m good luck. In a storm like this, three times so!” The gnome picks up the corners of her sandbag and continues dragging, gesturing for Aza to follow. “Are you alright, too? It looks like you’ve got a nasty cut there,” she observes, looking genuinely concerned. Jit again drops her sandbag at her feet and fishes around in her pocket for something. There is a faint sound of clinking glass before she produces a small vial and holds it out with a grin. “Try one of these. It’ll pick you right up!”

---

Once the levee is patched, Jit is tired for the heavy lifting (or the attempt at it) but smiling. “It looks like we’ve got everyone we aimed to get,” she observes, doing a quick headcount. “Back to the temple?”

---

Jit will offer Aza a potion of cure light wounds.


Pious shudders as a current runs through him, but he feels none of the expected urge to release the blade from his grip, quite the reverse.

Jumping down from the levee he sets to working on the repairs but his mind is elsewhere. Not one does he remove his hand from the pommel of his, now sheathed, sword.

"When the town is safe, we must return to the hall, the town must hear of what has happened this night."

Once the repairs are made Pious takes the biggest lump of glass he can fit in his pack, grabs a lizard man body by the leg and makes to return.


Map 2: Korir River Delta Party Status and Loot

Tirelessly the party work together to make the best job they can of repairing the barricade against the worse of the storm-driven waves. Sheriff Adaela helps too, but with what appears to be mild concussion, is not too much help. After a short while the supply of sandbags plus assorted debris from the collapsed stores is exhausted, but standing back, considering what has been to hand, a good job has been done.

Gathering the sheriff, Mme Oyin and Gilthel, and after first moving the bodies of the fallen town watch to rest in nearby houses, the party make their way back though Islandtown, up the hill and onward to the Stone Hall. The buildings they pass en route seem to be coping with the storm adequately with little visible damage. Nor do they encounter any additional evidence of lizardfolk raiding parties; still, only once the storm has passed will it be possible to determine the true state of the town and its people. As for the party themselves, each of them is exhausted, most are wounded, and all bar Francis look as bedraggled as a drowned rat. Francis is still struggling with de-fluffing his electrified fur.

Outside the Stone Hall the party are spotted, and several townsfolk lead by Sgt Sarah rush out to assist them as they approach. Helping hands usher them into the Hall, past the troll-head still sat outside the door. Once inside they are engulfed by the gratitude of the townfolk; never has the warmth and light of a tavern felt so welcoming. The sheriff is taken away to rest, Mme Oyin is taken to the fire to warm up, and Gilthel is enfolded in the arms of his tearful sister, Galinila.

Amongst the faces in the Hall are many they recognise. There are several of those the party worked with to prepare the town for the storm, including two burly brothers Irmo and Costa, both carpenters who worked with Chest Thumper and Francis on the town’s rooftops. There is Gallo Menius, the merchant from the Kaava Cutter who greets everyone warmly with a broad smile and a jug of hot mead. He invites the party to share a drink at a table he shares with his foreman and the rotund merchant who had been worried about his warehouse. From across the bar Aza and Iradyiel recognise a rather sour-faced Artemis Quentin, the town oracle and weather-watcher, who is drinking alone and looks deeply unhappy. There is also a young lady on crutches who introduces herself as Lisa Penbury, of Penbury Press, the towns news-sheet. She is with the stunning Annabella Tullia, the sculpter and priestess of Shelyn they met on the sea voyage here. Breathless with excitement, Lisa is desperate to document what happened in Islandtown, but also to capture the feel of the storm. ”This terrible day will go down in the colony’s annals – it’s by far the most powerful storm to ever hit the town! I must hear what happened!” she cries, ”and Ms Tullia here is going to create a fantastic sculpture of all this, for the town square!” Finally, another lady is notable: an athletic, brown-haired woman bearing a buckler and black-bladed rapier, sat at a balcony above the main room with one other man, smoking and watching the party’s entrance intently.

Together in the stone Hall, the party can dry themselves, eat and drink, and at last rest. It’s been a long day but you think everything that could be done to protect the town has been done – all that remains is to let it blow itself out and see afterwards how the town has fared. Let me know what you do over the next few hours; RP between yourselves, and maybe approach any of the named townfolk above. Over to you…


Map 2: Korir River Delta Party Status and Loot
'Pious' Janus Shepherd wrote:
Once the repairs are made Pious takes the biggest lump of glass he can fit in his pack, grabs a lizard man body by the leg and makes to return.

Pious the glass formed by the strike discharging through the sandbags is jagged and irregular, like a lightning strike itself captured in cloudy crystal. You can easily break off a large piece to take with you.

You like your souvenirs, don't you. A troll's head, and glass lightning bolt - what's next?

Iradyiel wrote:
Irayiel notices the large lizard shield. He hefts it a couple of times in his right hand. 'I can use this with the Terbutje.

Iradyiel I really like the shield graphic you picked! It's like you guessed, a large wooden shield: primitive and heavy but a very sturdy design ideal for the physical style of combat used by both the lizardfolk and Iradyiel. You've picked a good one, of masterwork quality.

Chest Thumper wrote:
"The lizardfolk are dealt with. But I'm afraid your men didn't make it, either."

When you say this to the sheriff, she takes the news like a physical blow. Already unsteady from her injuries, she takes the death of her men as a personal failure.


Female Human Oracle 3
Stats:
Init: +8 | HP: 25/25 | AC: 12 | FF: 10 | Tch: 12 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +3 | Will: +3 | Perc: +3 | 1; 6/6 Spells Left

Now
Aza follows Jit, grabbing the other end of the sandbag to assist in replacing the damaged levee. The oracle smiles at Jit's insinuation of her natural good luck. "I th-think you're right, from what I've seen. Th-th-this all could've gone so sideways..." as the gnome pulls out a glass vial, however, Aza holds up a burnt and still severely scarred hand. "O-oh, don't worry, I'll be all ri-" but she stops herself. Remember what dad always said. You can't be a help to others if you don't help yourself. I need to be sharp in case anything else happens during this storm.

She graciously accepts the potion with a small tip of her wide-brimmed hat, downing it and feeling the soothing healing effects immediately. "Thank you-you."

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Later
Exhausted upon her return to the Stone Hall, Aza once again shook off her dark cloak and mage's hat, not fully able to get rid of the soaked rain on it but not fully caring, either. She looks over the townfolk, safe and warm in their seats, and smiles somewhat, feeling something warm in her chest. She had helped. She could help these people, here. Not everybody had made it, but... some people were safe. She notes that Gallo has invited them over with promises of warm drink, and suddenly notices just how much she is shivering from the storm. Immediately she makes her way in that direction and sits. "Hello, s-sirs-s," she grins at them, "I'm gl-glad to see that you made it here all right."

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Male Half-Orc 3rd level Druid CG Medium humanoid (orc) Init +1; Senses darkvision, scent; Perc: +12 Francis - Init +4; Senses Lowlight vison, Perc: +1

As they make their way back toward the Stone Hall, Francis will once more offer Jit a piggyback ride, though the way he lumbers along clearly indicates that he is as exhausted as everyone else. Chest Thumper, after seeing Sheriff Adaela’s mental distress offers his arm and shoulder in support to her as they wade through various levels of water.

Now that the storm is at a more natural level, he finds it comforting. It is a reminder of the power of nature. Still, only a fool tempts that fickle mistress and he is glad both that their preparations seem to have done the trick in keeping the town safe and to be back at the Stone Hall when it comes in sight.

He is not at all accustomed to people rushing out to greet him at any time and when Sgt. Sarah and several others do so, he pauses, reaching for his axe, assuming in his tired condition that there is yet another threat to the group.

Neither he nor Francis is particularly comfortable with the way they are fawned over, though they appreciate the warmth, food and drink that are provided to them and the gratitude as well, truth be told.

The half-orc more than happily took the warm mead from Gallo, draining perhaps a third at one go. Francis would take a mug as well and, though he got almost as much on the floor as down his gullet would drink with a fair amount of dexterity.

”Your warehouse is safe. No one was sniffing around it,” the half-orc tells the merchant sitting by his side.

Chest Thumper made sure the sheriff was given a hot beverage and some food as well as a blanket.

Once that is taken care of he moves on to the rest of the people in the hall, nodding to the two men who he helped board up windows and telling them their work has stood up well.

”I believe the storm was the work of a twisted spell casting lizardfolk. We have slain him and the storm should abate, somewhat, now,” he answered the excited woman on crutches, though he did not mention the collapsed buildings.

The woman with the buckler and rapier caught his attention, though he did not know who she was. She had the air of someone who knew her way around her armaments and that could be useful given just how dangerous this place was becoming. Maybe she could help with the Consortium that was harassing Mme Oyin.

Chest Thumper has no desire to remain in his armor while it dries. He moves to the fire where Francis is already sitting and removes the hide. He is not the least bit self-conscious that that leaves him only in a loincloth or that the smell of drying half-orc and triceratops hide is not very pleasant.

Francis has curled up and is trying to sleep but keeps flipping and flopping and finally sits up and pounds his fists on the floor, clearly uncomfortable.

”Ah, stop whining you big baby. It’ll go down, eventually,” Chest Thumper says to his brother before addressing the crowd.

”Does anyone have a brush?”


Gnome Sorcerer 3 | 18/20 HP | 13 AC (+2 in jungle) 13 T 11 FF | 11 CMD | F +4 R +3 W +2 (+2 vs fear) | Init +7 | Perc +5 | SM -1 | Thunderstaff 7/7 | Spells: 1st 6/6

Jit sets in on the food and drink, scarfing down breads and soups, downing a full mug of whatever’s around in one go ending with a satisfied sigh and a belch. She also sheds her wet outer clothes, taking off her jacket and even her pantaloons and leaving them in a wet pile near the fire with her pack. With a plate and a refilled mug, in her damp underclothes, she wanders around the hall briefly before running into Lisa Penbury and the priestess Annabella Tullia.

“The whole thing was wild!” Jit declares to the printsmith, grinning from ear to ear and letting the excitement of the weather lift her from her exhaustion. She takes a swig from her mug and leans her head down to pick up a piece of chicken from her plate in her teeth and chew on it while she recounts her tale of the storm. She gestures toward Chest Thumper as he moves to the fire, confirming, “Yeah! There was a lizardfolk raid in Islandtown, and this lizardfolk lady who told us that she was out to destroy the town for Gozreh.

“There were some angry water elementals, and these weirdly concentrated lightning bolt clusters. Then we found the raiders and the sheriff (she tried to hold em off, but what can you do against a lizard lady who can shoot lightning at you, right?). But we got there just in time! This lizardfolk was chasing me, right, and the others were fighting and knocking lizardfolk off roofs, and, uh, some buildings collapsed…” Jit continues on, listing the details on their fight (perhaps exaggerating the excitement of her own chase, and being vague about the reason the chandlery was destroyed). “...And then that weird guy,” she says, indicating Pious, “gave her a blade to the gut before the sword got struck by lightning! There was something going on with that, I could feel it in my gut - I got a gut for storms - and then an explosion, and when we woke up the storm had calmed down!”

By the end of her telling, Jit has finished her second mug and is rambling a bit, but she seems satisfied with the telling. She gives the priestess a tipsy look. “Ms. Tullia, is that enough for the statue, you think? Do you think it’ll be as pretty as you are?” she asks with a wink.


Male Half-elf Barbarian (I.R. DR @ 1) 3 |HP 30/35 |AC 17/T 12/FF 15 | F+5/R+3/W+4 | CMB + 7| CMD 19 |init +4 | Perc + 9| Dr/1 | Rage:13/13, HP+2, AC-2, W+2,

’At least we can rest a little.’ Fatigued like the rest of the party, Iradyiel breaths a heavy sigh of relief when the stone hall comes into view. Nodding and smiling to the towns folk as they come out into the rain and storm to greet the sheriff and the adventurers.

’Now let’s get Gilthel to his sister.’ He waves to Aza, ”I’m going to see that Gilthel finds his sister, I will catch up with you later.”

Placing his hand on the boy’s shoulder, he looks around the hall searching for the elven maiden, seeing her he moves her direction guiding the boy. As the crowd parts and the siblings see each other Irayiel releases the boy so he can run and embrace his sister. He approaches the two elves, looking at Galinila, nodding toward he brother. ”We were able to find him and bring him back. He went with us to the levy, he was very brave.”

After speaking with Galinila for a moment he sees a rather sour-faced Artemis Quentin, nodding to the girl he excuses himself, ”Pardon me, I will be right back.” He then goes over and speaks with Artemis. ”Master Quentin, you do not look happy are you not well?”

started a couple of conversations, I hope that's ok.


Stamping up to the Stonehall, Pious tosses the scaly corpse to the side. It lands awkwardly, limbs folded at unnatural angles, un-mistakenly dead. The rigor of death has set in and the creatures head does not lol, does not sag. It just stares, stares into the face of the ogre lying beside it; two victims of piety sharing a knowing look.

Pious was bouyant as he entered the hall, praising his lord to all that will listen. He eventually found himself with Artemis Quentin

"God is soon to walk among us once more, he has revealed himself and his awesome power, only the pious and the true shall receive his kingdom, the chaff shall be swept aside."


Map 2: Korir River Delta Party Status and Loot

In the crowded Stone Hall the party find respite from the events of the last few hours. With the warm glow of the Hall’s generous hearth fires, the friendly faces welcoming them in, and with hubbub of conversation dulling the moan of the wind outside, it seems a different world.

Chest Thumper and Aza plump themselves down on the benches surrounding Gallio Menius’ table, stepping away from Pious' loud voice proclaiming his scripture to a disinterested crowd. Pumping their hands in greeting, the florid merchant looks much healthier with his feet on dry land. He is genuinely pleased to see them again, and the rotund merchant by his side thanks Aza and CT for looking out for his warehouse, and apologises with embarrassment for his excitement at the Hall earlier. Over the course of wine and food, Gallo shares that when the storm arrived he left his plantation in the hands of his servants and came with a few others to help in the town’s preparations. He says he’s been here in the Hall since, “Seeking solace through drink, and hearing tell of the heroics of Pridon’s new-found heroes!” . He leans in: ”That’s you, that is!” he whispers behind one hand, a little drunkenly. ”I heard them call you the ‘Kaava Heroes’ by the bar earlier! Between you, the talented priest of Shelyn, and that gang of black-clad scoundrels we shared our voyage with, no-one recalls that other people came ashore on that rotten vessel, too! ” He play-acts morose, ”well one day they’ll remember the Papaya King, and you’ll be forgotten!” He passes round the wine again and orders more.

Aza, CT: Sense Motive DC12:
The rotund merchant looks distinctly uncomfortable at mention of the other passengers from the Kaava Cutter, and looks around the Hall shiftily as if to check who might be listening.

Later in the conversation, Gallo catches Chest Thumper watching the woman at the balcony above, and mistakes his look of interest. ”Oh, steer clear of that one my boy. You stand no chance with her. She’s all business, and all business in Pridon is her business. Hamsa Gadd’s her name, and she’s the Count’s financial advisor. She’d chew you up and spit you out!” Gallo’s attention returns to his wineglass, but with a serious look he asks: ”So – what next? What needs to be done to protect Pridon from these lizard raiders?”

Aza, CT: perception DC15:
Your eye catches that of the woman on the balcony. She returns you gaze with a cool and neutral look, assessing you coldly, before turning back to another figure seated in the smoky darkness behind her.

Over by the fire most of the townsfolk give Francis a wide berth. Something about the huge ape keeps them at a distance – perhaps it’s the smell of warm gore from the dreadful injuries he inflicted on the lizardmen he fought, or the aroma of singed electrified fur. Either way, he gets a warm spot on the rug and is able to eat and groom unmolested by the hubbub of human activity around him, until a small brown hand finds his, and he looks up to see the Song’o, Muhdzuzi, at his side. Alone and feeling lonely in the midst of larger people, the Halfling attempts to curl up by Francis’ side, and join in the task of de-fluffing his fur.

Iradyiel sees the boy Gilthel reunited with his sister. It’s a touching reunion, the exhausted boy tearful, and Galinila overcome with gratitude. ”Oh my, I can’t thank you enough for what you’ve done” she gushes, one arm around her brother and the other around Iradyiel’s neck in a lingering embrace, ”Iradyiel, truly, we are so lucky to have you here at our time of need! And they were saying at the bar that you’re to be deputised to save the Town – how grand!” This effusive display of gratitude elicits some ribald laughter from two burly men (Irmo and Costa) by the bar, who sharply return to their beers when Iradyiel turns round to identify the laughter. Galinila withdraws, a little embarrassed, but then looks up at Iradyiel shyly, “My father worked so hard to overcome these people’s prejudices about us Ekujae elves, and still there’s some who treat us badly. Maybe your arrival in Pridon will change that, for us as well as for you. Oh you must meet him when he returns from his expedition, he’d love you to come round and hear stories of the old tribal lands, if you’re interested …”

In the centre of the room Jit is entertaining the crowd. Clad only (but unselfconsciously) in her undergarments and standing on a table to allow everyone to hear, she regales the crowd with her tales of daring-do. There’s a moment of stunned shock when the crowd hears of the destruction of the Chandlery (”That’s be old Roggere’s place – he ‘ont be too pleased about that”, and a cheer when she relates of the striking down of the corrupted lizard Druid. It seems that some sense her story to be at least modestly exaggerated, but those who voice doubt are hushed as the crowd enjoy the tale, and the distraction it makes from the storm outside. Jit, give me a CHA, Bluff, or Diplomacy roll to establish the impression you left on the crowd.
Throughout, Lisa the town printer and recorder, scribbles furiously with an ink pen, capturing the to’s and fro’s of the melee, and from the creative gleam in her eye as she writes, perhaps embellishing the tale even more.

At once, the heat and perhaps the drink takes its toll on Jit, and she staggers into a leather seat as the crowd return to their own tables. At this, the red-robed Annabella Tullia, priestess of Shelyn the Goddess of Beauty, approaches her. ”You must be tired, little one, if all that you said is true. Your tale was inspiring; heroic even, the raw material from which inspiring art can be sculpted. Yet in your tale there is one amongst you who stood forward; who rose to the fight and challenged the enemy with undaunted nobility. The Gods favour such as he, though I sense he is deeply troubled. I would dearly love to talk with him; yet I see he is sorely wounded. I have some curing powers and can help heal his injuries if you will introduce me?” . She looks at Jit imploringly, twisting her hands together hopefully.

At the bar, Pious and Iradyiel spot the sour face of Artemis Quinn. Sat alone at one corner of the bar, his thin pinched frame hunched over a small glass of wine, he looks a less mystical figure than when Iradyiel last met him and witnessed his effort at fortune-telling. He looks up hopefully as the two approach, draining his glass and tilting it, hoping for a refill. If you oblige, he orders a far larger measure than he had bought for himself…

”So, the heroes of the hour, eh? The ‘Kaava Heroes’ no less? The Pendleton girl thought that up…” he glances across at Jit and the crowd around her, ”and the townsfolk love it. You’ll be living with that around your necks now, until the next new thing comes along..." He sucks on his lip ”I used to be respected once, you know. I have some skills in divination, weather scrying, that sort of thing. Used to. I never saw this coming though, did I. Something’s wrong. Something’s taken hold of the weather. They can’t see it, but I can. It’s not fair. They say I’ll be back as a farm labourer if my predictions can’t hold up, but it’s not my fault. Bah – but what do you care – you’re today’s heroes. Well are you ready for what’s coming, eh? I can’t see forward any more, but my visions told me of a colony hereabouts, swallowed by the jungle years before Pridon’s founding. Mayhaps that’ll happen again, eh? Will you still be heroes then?” He turns back to his drink, sunk in self-pity and resentment.

*****************

Actions/ reactions? There may yet be further information to be gathered in Stone Hall, but also there are plans to be formed. The Sheriff had suggested that when the storm cleared the Count would call a town meeting, and it seems likely you’ll be called to relate in person what you saw and did. You might want to think ahead about what the Count might ask of you, and discuss what your priorities should be. I suggest Action 1: any further NPC interaction, and Action 2: discussion between yourselves about the way forward.


Male Half-elf Barbarian (I.R. DR @ 1) 3 |HP 30/35 |AC 17/T 12/FF 15 | F+5/R+3/W+4 | CMB + 7| CMD 19 |init +4 | Perc + 9| Dr/1 | Rage:13/13, HP+2, AC-2, W+2,

Action 1
'Deputized, who'd have thought it, is that laughing?' Turning he looks at the two men, who quickly return to their beverages. He smiles at Galinila, as she withdraws and blushes a little. "Don't worry about them, I would love to meet your father and hear his stories. I would love to travel to the tribal lands someday." Patting her little brother on the shoulder, "I will be back later to check on you two, Right now I would speak with Master Quinn, he and I have met before."

Headed over to Artemis' table he sees the fortuneteller tip his glass. So as he takes a seat he waves to the bartender calling out. "Just bring the bottle!" Filling Artemis' glass he istens to Artemis talk, finally asking. "What do you mean "somethings wrong"? There was some kind of reptilian caster there at the levy. Could one creatures magic be so strong to affect weather like this?" When Artemis mentions a colony, Iradyiel perks up. "A colony hereabouts? Can you tell us where? Hero or not, I don't want something like that to happen to Pridon."

Action 2 ???, do we do this that night or the next morning, I saw that Gallo asked 'what's next' is there anymore information forthcoming?

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Male Half-Orc 3rd level Druid CG Medium humanoid (orc) Init +1; Senses darkvision, scent; Perc: +12 Francis - Init +4; Senses Lowlight vison, Perc: +1

Chest Thumper realizes how hungry their trek out into the storm made him as he starts to eat. His stomach is suddenly a bottomless chasm and he eats with all his usual table manners, shoveling food into his mouth and swallowing with barely bothering to chew.

He looks at Gallo askance as mention of heroes is made. It's not a term that's ever been applied to him and not one that he would necessarily label himself. He wonders if the butcher and candlestick maker will call them heroes when they see what remains of their shop. It's just a good thing that the battle hadn't carried over to the bakery or the three men would be in a tub, as it were...

"Perhaps we should start calling ourselves the Papaya Knights," Chest Thumper sardonically suggests.

Sense Motive Check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

"What black clad scoundrels? Are they here?" he asks, racking his brain for a memory of the people Gallo is talking about. Of all the things they saw out in the storm he is still disturbed by the fact that someone other than the lizardfolk was trying to get into Oyin's Emporium and wonders if these other newcomers had something to do with it. The last thing Pridon's Hearth needs is internal strife when it seems so obvious external forces are turned against it.

Perception Check: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25

The half-orc is more than a little nonplussed by being caught looking at the woman, both by Gallo and the woman. Now that Gallo mentions it, she is attractive. Fit and self-assured, not like so many of these soft civilized women. But the man's appraisal of her is no doubt correct. A woman like her would only give Chest Thumper the time of day so that he wouldn't forget what time she was not interested.

Chest Thumper simply blinks and stares at Gallo as he asks about what needs to be done next. His mouth gapes open, exposing some half eaten food. It had not yet occurred to the Half-Orc that killing the corrupted druid might not have ended the threat.

"That is a decision that will have to be made after the storm ends and we can see what kind of rebuilding needs to be done," he replies, noncommittally.

Francis certainly isn't going to turn away anyone who wants to help groom him and get rid of the uncomfortable way his fur stands on end. He pats Muhdzuzi approvingly but soon falls fast asleep. The big ape sleeps like a human toddler, flat on his back, legs splayed and long arms thrown over his head, though, if Muhdzuzi lays down next to him, he'll curl his arm around him like the halfling is a teddy bear.


Gnome Sorcerer 3 | 18/20 HP | 13 AC (+2 in jungle) 13 T 11 FF | 11 CMD | F +4 R +3 W +2 (+2 vs fear) | Init +7 | Perc +5 | SM -1 | Thunderstaff 7/7 | Spells: 1st 6/6

Action 1

“So after the lizardfolk tore down the shop,” she says, in only a slight exaggeration of the truth, “Francis comes right up and POW!” she shouts, punching a hook into the air and spinning herself, but managing to catch her balance. She finishes the tale, lightning bolts and evil lizardfolk storm cultist and all, before finding somewhere soft to sit when the rush of everything starts to get to her.

Bluff: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

Plopping down in a chair, she looks for another drink to retrieve when the priestess approaches her. “Course it’s true!” Jit interrupts at Tullia’s “if what you say is true” (perhaps a little too emphatically, although it’s hard to say if that’s her inner raconteur or just the drink talking), but she pipes down and listens to the rest of her question. Jit blinks a few times, trying to register what Tullia is asking. “Who, Pious?” she asks incredulously. “He was the one who finally defeated that storm lizard lady. ‘Troubled’ seems right,” she adds with a conspiratorial tone. “I mean, if you really want to meet him…”

Jit slides out of her seat, taking another quick drink as she makes a beeline through the crowd to Pious. Her face reddening further with drink, she gives the devout, bedraggled man a strained grimace of a smile. “Hey Pious! This priestess lady wants to make a statue of you, I think! I mean, one that looks like you,” she shout-explains over the sound of the packed hall, interrupting whatever conversation he’s having with Artemis (or whoever he’s talking to now - probably that dead god of his, huh?). “You also got pretty beat up out there, so she can cast some curative spells for you. Free of charge, I’m pretty sure! Right?”

---

Action 2

Once the hubbub has died down and all the “Kaava heroes” have regrouped, Jit has at least put her pants back on, since dried out by the fire, as well as draping her jacket around her shoulders and her exposed undershirt. “So!” she begins, raising another mug of something and taking a drink before continuing. “What’s next, huh? If I were the sheriff, I’d probably want revenge something fierce on those lizardfolk. I don’t know if there would be any way to find out where they came from - not a good chance of any tracks surviving the storm, you know?”

Jit shifts and rolls her shoulders, pausing to take another drink, ending with a small burp. “Also, that storm was something else! Literally something else. I could feel it in my gut, that storm had some power behind it. Like outside power. I don’t know how this town is going to make it long if there are baby Eyes of Abendago being flung at it from someone who’s mad at us.”


Map 2: Korir River Delta Party Status and Loot

Irayiel and Pious with Artemis
Artemis’ interest picks up as he realises that he has an interested audience. “Well you were there, I was not. But it seems unlikely that any creature capable of summoning an unholy hurricane would not be troubled by the likes of you. No, something else is in play here, something…darker. This storm’” he gestures at the window, and the howling noises outside, ”is but the first child of the more mighty storm out to sea which has been looming, building, for over a week now. It’s not natural; it defies my predictions, it’s … corrupt somehow.” He scowls and takes another drink.

When Iradyiel presses him for more on the lost colony, he holds out a hand with a greedy smile; “You ask me about my visions, of times past or perhaps yet to come. There is a fee for what I sense will be valuable to you…say, 25 gold crowns?”.

If you pay…feel free to RP / roll vs a skill to reduce the price:
Sinking into a trance-like posture, perhaps more about performance than mystic power, Artemis proclaims in a low voice ”I see… I see… long ago a village, refugees from the Sodden Lands, settling north of here. A pious group, searching for religious freedom and escape from persecution…I see that village abandoned, vine and jungle covering all…forgotten to time, yet a relic of their devotions remains… “ He lifts his head from his ‘trance’. ”That’s it – that’s all I have.” Sensing perhaps some skepticism from Pious or Iradyiel, he adds; ”I have the location of the lost colony – 2 days’ travel north east of here, by a river. I speak the truth!”.

GM roll:
opposed Sense Motive rolls 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 151d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 231d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
If you doubt Artemis’ words…:
Whilst suspicious of Artemis' performance, you both have a feeling that in this regard at least, he sincerely believes the tale he has told you.

For what it is worth, I have added the purported this location of this rumoured 'first colony' to your map.

Chest Thumper and Aza with Gallo and the rotund merchant
Asked about the ‘black-glad scoundrels’, Gallo looks uncomfortable, and looks around, before leaning forward and answering in a low voice; ”Do you recall that party of ‘prospectors’ who accompanied us on the Kaava Cutter? Led by a man calling himself Mr Blackwell? Well, they have not been prospecting much since arriving. They’re no more than hired muscle for the Consortium. I thought when I left Sargarva, I’d leave such crooks behind, but it seems they’re trying to sew up trade here as well. There’s not yet been any outright violence that I know of, but Marcus here was worried they would strike his warehouse during the storm. I suspect they’re here for something other than monopolising trade, some other objective we don’t know about.” Gallo looks thoughtfully into his glass; ”It seems Sargarva doesn’t have a monopoly on criminals, after all.”.

Jit, her audience and Annabella Tullia
AS Jit’s tale reaches its crescendo, the crowd roars with approval, and Jit is lifted high into the air on their shoulders. In the Stone Hall, safe from the storm outside, this is a storm of valour in the face of adversity the crowd are pleased to hear. Worry for the future will set in in time, but for now the heat, wine and rousing tale are a comfort they will recall for a long time to come.

Later...
Jit blinks a few times, trying to register what Tullia is asking. “Who, Pious?” she asks incredulously. “He was the one who finally defeated that storm lizard lady. ‘Troubled’ seems right,” she adds with a conspiratorial tone. “I mean, if you really want to meet him…” Jit slides out of her seat, taking another quick drink and starting through the crowd to Pious, but RETCON she is halted when Annabella grabs her shoulder ”What? No ! No! That animal? He’s…barely human! Why would a devotee of the Goddess of Beauty and Love desire a statute of … that?” She shudders, and recovers her composure.

”No, I am talking of the true hero of your tale, standing alone against the many, personifying the struggle against the wild. What an inspiring image of strength and natural grace he would make for our town!” Pulling out a sketchpad and a charcoal pencil, she pulls Jit close, and whispers”I have heard you have his ear – will you ask if I can take some drawings of him? With a tremble in her hand she casts an admiring gaze at the slumbering form of Francis…


Male Half-elf Barbarian (I.R. DR @ 1) 3 |HP 30/35 |AC 17/T 12/FF 15 | F+5/R+3/W+4 | CMB + 7| CMD 19 |init +4 | Perc + 9| Dr/1 | Rage:13/13, HP+2, AC-2, W+2,

Action 1
Watching Artemis enjoy his bottle of wine, Iradiel frowns a little when he demands twenty five gold pieces to help rescue the town they both now call home. Twenty five gold pieces? I should just tell the crowd that you have information we need and want to charge us for it." He lets out a sigh, and pulls twentyfive gold pieces out of his purse. "But your home is going to be ruined like everyone else's and you will need to rebuild. so here is twenty five gold coins. But remember were being nice, and it could have gone differently."

Iradiel nods his head as Artemis continues, once he's done, Iradiel observes. "Well that's about as cryptic as the 'reading' you gave Aza and I a while back. But the location sounds real enough. Thanks, and enjoy the bottle of wine."

Iradyiel gets up to join the others, as he walks through the room he looks up to the balcony noticing the athletic, brown-haired woman bearing a buckler and black-bladed rapier and the man, smoking and watching intently, he nods towards the lady, hoping she sees him across the room.

Does Iradyiel recognize either or anything of note about them?
perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Action 2
Once the hubbub has died down and all the “Kaava heroes” have regrouped Iradyiel shrugs his shoulders at Jit's question. "I don't know what the sheriff should do, I would like to go back into the jungle and hunt the reptiles down and retrieve any survivors, like we promised our Halfling friend we would do."

He looks at Pious and then Aza and the rest of the party, giving them an uncomfortable look. "Um. Aza and I met a soothsayer a while back named Artemis. He seemed harmless enough. He's sitting over there, so Pious and I approached him and bought him a drink. He told us he's real worried about the weather because it's unnatural and he can't read it and it's only going to get worse."

Iradyiel looks back at Pious. "Then he said something odd, said he had had a vision. Said this wasn't the first time this has happened here. Said there used to be a town that was destroyed the same way. Said the lost colony is 2 days’ travel north east of here, by a river. Maybe we should go there and see what we can learn."


Gnome Sorcerer 3 | 18/20 HP | 13 AC (+2 in jungle) 13 T 11 FF | 11 CMD | F +4 R +3 W +2 (+2 vs fear) | Init +7 | Perc +5 | SM -1 | Thunderstaff 7/7 | Spells: 1st 6/6

Action 1

After the record scratch,

Jit turns around and faces the shuddering priestess once she grabs her shoulder, then gives Annabella a shrug. “I dunno. You’re the priestess, I thought maybe there was some ‘inner beauty’ or weird divine reason. Also I figured a statue with a lightning bolt would be pretty exciting. Who did you mean, then?”

Jit follows Annabella’s gaze, landing on the sleepy ape. She turns back to the priestess and gives one of her characteristically face-distorting smiles. “Oh, Francis! That makes a lot more sense. He’s great!” she exclaims, although in whisper, back. She takes another glance over to grin at the heroic ape, then continues, “Yeah, I can ask him. Well, not until tomorrow, though. I only get the pleasure of chatting with him a few minutes a day, but this seems like a good use. Also I think he probably wants to get his fur all nice and ready - although I think it’s cute all puffed up,” she adds.

---

Action 2

Jit sips her drink pensively as Iradyiel relays the conversation with the weather seer. “Yeah, makes sense that he wouldn’t be able to read that storm. There’s something malicious about it, for sure - my gut is never wrong.” She perks up when hearing about the destroyed village. “A lost colony? Count me in! That’s the sort of thing I thought I would be doing here anyway! You lot are the most exciting thing to happen here in weeks, honestly.”

She takes another swig, this time ending in a loud hiccup. Something strikes her, and she adds, “Hey, I just remembered… we should also tell the sheriff about those Aspis thugs that were trying to shut down Oyin, right? Those scum can’t keep getting away with this, you know?’

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Male Half-Orc 3rd level Druid CG Medium humanoid (orc) Init +1; Senses darkvision, scent; Perc: +12 Francis - Init +4; Senses Lowlight vison, Perc: +1

Action 1
Chest Thumper frowns as he tries to remember the men Gallo is talking about. Like the merchant, he spent much of that time sick so his memory is largely of being miserable.

He has a vague memory of the man he's talking about, though and could (probably) pick him out of a crowd.

"It seems Marcus was just lucky, actually," Chest Thumper says. "Someone was trying to break into the Emporium, while Mme Oyin was there and she thinks it was members of this Consortium."

"Any idea where they're hiding themselves? There are enough external threats to the town without having to deal with a trade war. I think the Papaya Knights should pay these gentlemen a visit."

Action 2
When the group is gathered together (except Francis who remains steadfastly asleep) Chest Thumper frowns.

"I hope the Sheriff is in a place where she CAN make a decision. She took the loss of her men pretty hard. We'll have to weigh what she says and wants to do carefully. I'm sure that we all want some revenge after what happened, but our retribution must be measured,"[b] he says.

[b]"But taking care of these Consortium thugs seems a priority to me. The last thing we need is this town tearing itself apart in some stupid trade war while we're out in the jungle trying to get to the bottom of what's happening," he continues.

[b]"Speaking of, I think that we need to go out into the jungle to that old colony to find out what's happening. Hopefully, that's where the lizardfolk have set up a base and have their prisoners. After all the rain and flooding I don't know if we'll ever find tracks, now."[b]


Well I am a little hurt. Thought I was getting me a statue for a moment there :p

Action 1

"The storm may be malicious sir, but there are powers in this world that are not to be trifled with. The Lord Aroden has shown a fraction of his strength to me, and with it mocked the pathetic force of this storm. Hear my words, the Lord walks among us once more!"

Pious scowls as the man demands money for a reading

"You who would charge the coins of the earth for the gifts of heaven, ye shall be the one who pays."

Gathering himself and preparing to leave catches the eye of Tullia, the priestess of Shelyn, across the floor. As she turns away in disgust Pious once again misreads the signs

Even those on another path cannot look into the face of Aroden's hand on earth. Pity, I feel such pity for those who walk in the footsteps of weak gods, those who must surely have the foundations of their faith rocked by the truth I bring, the truth I embody.

Action 2

"The people of this town look to us as saviours, we must look to their rebuilding before we move on." They must be shown the way [b]"And then the city in jungle demands our attention. Look to the death of the past for in the bones of lost ages the truth of life shall grow unto thee"


Female Human Oracle 3
Stats:
Init: +8 | HP: 25/25 | AC: 12 | FF: 10 | Tch: 12 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +3 | Will: +3 | Perc: +3 | 1; 6/6 Spells Left

Action I
Aza spaces out for a moment...

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Aza listens closely to Gallo's description of the men in black, frowning as she delicately but shakily downs the food, hungry but not wanting to appear impolite (though that was practically impossible when one was sitting next to Chest Thumper). She catches the gaze of Gadd on the balcony, and quizzically raises an eyebrow to herself when Gadd turns away. I suppose that would make that person... the count? Strange. I suppose you must be cold to work with numbers all day long. She recalled her father slaving over taxes and bills in their estate, trying to make sure everything was legitimate and filed appropriately. I can't imagine what it takes to do that for an entire town, even a colony Like Pridon.

She smiled at the mention of calling their small band of saviors the Papaya Knights - it certainly was a better name than the Consortium, or any other shady organizational title. "Agreed. Pridon has too many s-s-struggles to be forced to deal w-with-th internal thugs. With th-the s-storm and the lizards... Th-they could have the run of the place w-when everyone is distracted with bigger problems!" She sips some of the mead, having barely drank half of it. "If we could find them and talk to th-them, maybe w-we could convince them th-that harming the town is not in anyone's best int-intra-inter... Not the best idea."

Action II

Aza is shaky as the party regroups to talk about their next move - somehow one glass of mead was enough to throw off her normal composure, at least a little bit. She's retrieved her dark cloak after it has finished drying, and sits with it wrapped around her like a blanket - recognizing those that fell in the storm. "It's not just yo-your gut," Aza agrees, though she tries not to look directly at Jit. "That s-storm was wrong. The wind was off. I th-think that lizard w-wizard was causing it, but if they have that kind of power..." She pauses and looks into the fire, eyes glassing over as she imagines the possibility.

"W-while I think that the thugs definitely need to be taken care of, the Sheriff m-might want to take charge on that for now. W-we are pr-probably the only ones able to go into the jungle to help th-those prisoners. And it makes sense that th-they might set up at this lost col-clo-cony- Lost place." She pulls her cloak closer to her body, ducking her chin into the fabric. "W-we should help rebuild, but should not dal-ll-lly if we can help it."


Male Half-elf Barbarian (I.R. DR @ 1) 3 |HP 30/35 |AC 17/T 12/FF 15 | F+5/R+3/W+4 | CMB + 7| CMD 19 |init +4 | Perc + 9| Dr/1 | Rage:13/13, HP+2, AC-2, W+2,

'Won't rebuilding take months?' Iradyiel nods his head in agreement with Aza, then cocks his head and asks the first question that came to mind. "Won't rebuilding take months?"

He looks to Pious and then to Chest Thumper. "I mean, don't get me wrong. I want to help the town but it will take a while. The prisoners, if they are still alive, will need our help more. And from the sound of it more storms are coming, unless someone can figure out how to stop them."

He then looks to Jit. "And it sounds like our only clue is the destroyed Colony."


Map 2: Korir River Delta Party Status and Loot

Action 1

Iradyiel Madras wrote:
Action 1 Iradyiel gets up to join the others, and as he walks through the room he looks up to the balcony noticing the athletic, brown-haired woman and the man smoking and watching intently.Does Iradyiel recognize either or anything of note about them?

Later, much later, Iradyiel remembers where he saw the man from the balcony. He was on the Kaava Cutter, a Mr Blackwell you think. Throughout the journey a quiet and watchful man.

The Aftermath of the storm
The Papaya Knights talk into the small hours before sleep finally claims them, along with most of the rest of the assembled townfolk. Outside the thunderstorm continues to rage throughout the night, but by morning it has subsided into a light drizzle.

Emerging blinking into a bright dawn from the Stone Hall, the Temple of Abadar and other places of refuge, the people of Pridon’s Hearth are surprised to find their town largely unharmed. Many houses have broken windows or some roof damage, there is minor flooding down in Islandtown (especially the Shallows), and several houses have been damaged by toppled palm trees, but broadly the town survived intact. Lifted by their lucky escape, the townsfolk are however shocked to see that the hurricane still lurks out to sea to the west, and appears to be gathering mass.

Over the course of the morning the party are feted as heroes by the people of Pridon’s Hearth, as the stories Jit told last night spread across the town. Lisa Pendlebury wastes no time in posting her news-sheet in public places with a most sensationalised version of how ‘Pridon saved from rapacious lizardfolk by gallant Kaava Heroes’. Many people stop the party members in person to thank them for everything they have done so far, but amidst this, the air is one of pensive preparation as folk use the day to begin more methodical preparations for what they see on the horizon – a potentially much bigger storm still yet to come.

Mid-morning, the party are sought out by Sheriff Adaela. Still limping and looking pale from the injuries she sustained the previous day, she thanks them for their help, regretting the death of the two town watchmen with her and that they were not able to have done more themselves to resist the lizardfolk raiders. She also confirms that Count Narsus asked her to request their presence at a Town Council meeting early this evening at the Narsus Estate, a meeting called to discuss recent events at the Fort and in the Town. She would be extremely grateful if the party would attend ”Or should I call you the ‘Kaava Heroes?” she says with one raised eyebrow.

In other news, around lunchtime rumours start spreading about town of one event where the storm may have led to loss of life. The previous week a well-known local ship manned with mostly Pridon sailors (the [i]Cobalt Eye[/]) had been chartered for an expedition upriver. It had already departed Pridon before yesterday, but several people report having seen the ship in trouble when the storm hit, and speculate that it may have run aground west of town across the river estuary. Oh, and one more thing: whilst the Stone Hall still has the head of Graular the troll which Pious delivered there yesterday, the rest of the carcass last seen amidst the houses behind the smithy has gone missing…

Well done guys. With the first of what may prove to be many storms having passed and Pridon’s Hearth safe for the moment, the party has a chance to rest. Though the faith of Abadar forbids providing free services, Banker Baldra Siferth considers the PCs’ actions in the town over the past 24 hours more than enough payment to justify casting up to four cure light wounds spells and up to four cure moderate wounds or lesser restoration spells on the PCs’ behalf. I will assume that this heals the party back up to full strength. One of the restoration spells can be used to restore Francis’ fur to normal. On other matters I can tell you that your efforts in the town have left you well on the way to third level, but not there quite yet.

Are there any questions you have for the Sheriff? Is there any buying of equipment / selling of loot you wish to do before the meeting, or any spells you wish to choose beforehand?
x the loot list is up to date;
x your map has been updated with two new locations;
x I have added an image of the Count’s financial advisor and ex-explorer, Hamsa Gadd to the status document in the header above.


Male Half-elf Barbarian (I.R. DR @ 1) 3 |HP 30/35 |AC 17/T 12/FF 15 | F+5/R+3/W+4 | CMB + 7| CMD 19 |init +4 | Perc + 9| Dr/1 | Rage:13/13, HP+2, AC-2, W+2,

last night,
'Oh I almost forgot. As the conversation winds down Iradyiel nods to the balcony, "Did you notice the man sitting in the balcony with the armed woman? I believe it's our fellow passenger Mr. Blackwell."

this morning
After a long night of talking and a few hours sleep on the floor of the 'Stone Hall' Iradyiel stays with the party walking around town, nodding and smiling at folks as the share their appreciation. if the party breaks up Iradyiel will follow Aza around, he sees her as a friend and a natural leader.

with the sheriff
[I]At the Narsus Estate? Impressive.'[/I[ Nodding his head, "I'm willing to go to the meeting, but I don't know how long were going to be in town. The town appears better than I thought it would and there are still prisoners in the jungle that need rescuing."

Iradyiel blushes a little when she says 'Heroes' answering "Maybe just the 'Kaava companions' Heroes are someone people write songs about." His eyes get larger. "No one has started writing songs have they?"

later
Hearing that 'The Cobalt Eye' ran aground Iradyiel points out 'That's the boat Galinila's father was on. can we check for any survivors when we head up river?"

was there a breakdown on GP per person from the last bit of loot? Iradyiel is saving up to have Masterwork Transformation cast on his club.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Male Half-Orc 3rd level Druid CG Medium humanoid (orc) Init +1; Senses darkvision, scent; Perc: +12 Francis - Init +4; Senses Lowlight vison, Perc: +1

"I agree with you all, actually. There are far too many and too immediate issues for us to stay and fully rebuild all that needs to be rebuilt. But if there are quick fixes we can put in place to make the town more inhabitable and to help fortify it against more attacks, I think it would be a good thing to do. I don't want to go out into the jungle to save a dozen people at the expense of risking hundreds," Chest Thumper adds his opinion to the debate as they discuss what to do.

He is not particularly thrilled about the attention they are getting, his natural inclination to avoid people making the crowds, small as they are and the praise more uncomfortable for him than appealing. Francis does much better, seeming to take the adulation as his due, especially once his fur is restored.

Chest Thumper gladly accepts the invitation to the meeting. Though he and his companions have proven themselves quite a capable team, he knows they can't do everything alone.

His eyes narrow as Iradyiel points out the identity of the man sitting with the count's financial advisor.

"I was told that Blackwell might be with the Consortium. If he's talking to Hamsa Gadd, the Count's advisor, we may have more trouble than we know and the corruption may run deeper and higher than we think."

He shakes his head with a chagrined smile at mention of the Cobalt Eye. "So many things to do. We should check on it while we're out. There might be survivors we can help."


Gnome Sorcerer 3 | 18/20 HP | 13 AC (+2 in jungle) 13 T 11 FF | 11 CMD | F +4 R +3 W +2 (+2 vs fear) | Init +7 | Perc +5 | SM -1 | Thunderstaff 7/7 | Spells: 1st 6/6

Throughout the day, Jit is a bit slow moving. She pulls her headband down over the tops of her eyes as she blinks against the sunny sky, holding her head in one hand and her stomach in the other. She can feel her stomach reeling once she steps out into the air. Partly it’s the hangover, but it’s also because of the hurricane still brooding off the coast. She gives weak hellos and tired grimaces to those townsfolk who come and thank the “Kaava Heroes.” She appreciates the bit of glory, but did these people all have to talk so loudly?

When the sheriff comes to ask for their presence, Jit winces at her voice but still manages a smirk. “You can call us heroes if you’d like,” she croaks out. “Hell, you can call me whatever you want - but can you do it maybe just a bit quieter? Anyway, I’ll be there.”

As Jit finds some lunch to try to settle her stomach, she finds the rumor about the Cobalt Eye to be especially concerning. “We really oughta try and help those sailors out,” she asserts with deep concern. “First of all, I was one, and I hate to see my folks get into trouble like that. Second, it’s bad luck to have sailors run aground,” she warns. “It brings nothing but trouble.”

---

After lunch, with time to kill before the evening Town Council meeting, Jit wanders off. With her hangover subsided to merely a low grade headache, she asks around to find Annabella Tullia. “Hey Annabella!” she greets when she finds the priestess. “You wanna go talk to the ape now? He’s been loving the attention, so bring your sketchbook.”

With Tullia in tow, Jit takes her to find Francis. Turning to the priestess she says, “Alright, this only lasts a couple minutes, so be ready quick if you got anything to say.”

Turning to Francis, she grins. Jit concentrates for a moment before greeting him. “Hi Francis! Hey listen, this lady wants to draw some pictures of you. She wants to make a statue of you - you know, like a rock that looks like you - since you’re such a hero for mauling all those lizards. What do you think?”


Map 2: Korir River Delta Party Status and Loot

Pridon Town Council

Later that evening, the party make their way through the muddy streets towards the relative grandeur of the Narsus Estate. Leaving through the town’s east gate and travelling the short distance to the walled compound, they are struck by how the Count’s property humbles the rest of Pridon’s Hearth. Inside the walls they find separate servant quarters, a large barn and a boathouse, alongside a large brick manor house, all relatively untouched by last night’s events. Aside from a few servants, the Narsus Estate currently houses the Count and his advisor Hamsa Gadd, plus three of her secretaries.

On arriving and shaking off the rain, they are offered warming glasses of wine and ushered into the main sitting room. While the Narsus family rules Pridon’s Hearth without official oversight, save what little Sargava imposes, Lethar Narsus leans heavily on a circle of advisors he calls his town council. The Count has assembled those of influence in Pridon, hoping to pool their knowledge and decide how best to defend the settlement and surrounding farms. In addition to the Count and the Sheriff, Banker Baldra Sifreth is there, as is the Count’s financial advisor, Hamsa Gadd, thanks to her economic interest in the community and her ill-fated explorations of the surrounding region. The party are greeted with courtesy by the young Count, and invited to retell first-hand their adventures both at the Fort and yesterday in the town itself.

In the discussions that follow, it becomes apparent that Count Narsus is a well-intentioned but inexperienced leader. He has spent the last several weeks holed up in his mansion fearing the depredations of the troll Graular, and is a little disconnected from the events in the Town. Perhaps in reaction to this, and because he genuinely wants Pridon’s Hearth to thrive into a place where hard work can secure any family (including his own) a legacy and land for generations, he initially announces an eager plan to explore the jungle himself. The other attendees— especially Hamsa Gadd—quickly convince him to leave such drastic actions to professionals. Everyone assembled agrees that the adventurers who reported the massacre at Fort Breakthrough and are now seen as deputies of the Sheriff are the most qualified to investigate this disaster.

Given the lizardfolk attack at Fort Breakthrough and witnessing up close the raid lead by the corrupted lizard druid, Sheriff Adaela voices a concern that the lizardfolk may be somehow responsible for the hurricane storm lurking out to sea. Adaela has heard of a lizardfolk tribe (the ‘Mireborn’) before, but their territory was reputed to lay a hundred miles or more to the north and she knows little of them. She says that early scouting expeditions conducted several years ago reported evidence of seasonal lizardfolk camps sites to the northwest near a ruined tower of the Ghol-Gan (an ancient and vanished Cyclopean civilisation), and to the northeast near a bubbling tar pit, but had never found any trace of them any farther south.

There is a pause in the discussions, then Hamsa chips in. She agrees with the Sheriff that that the Mireborn must be involved, but refuses to rule out the Song’o as co-conspirators. Her expedition several years ago was ambushed by the Song’o, and Hamsa was the sole survivor, limping back into town grievously wounded. She mentions that the Song’o have been known to keep slaves, and suggests that the party look to their village, Carshill, for evidence of the missing watchmen, ”If they are indeed still alive…” It is clear she believes the Song’o to be inherently suspicious of, and hostile to, the town’s relative prosperity and steady expansion. Hearing that the party had brought one of the Song’o tribe back to Pridon, she pulls a face: ”Watch him. I’d not trust those little killers as far as I could throw them.”

Talk meanders further into matters such as the missing Cobalt Eye, arrangements for reinforcing the town, and the state of the colony’s finances, but after a while Count Narsus makes a decision. Raising a hand to still the others, he looks soberly at the party members and speaks: ”It is clear to me that locating the lair of these Mireborn in the lands surrounding Pridon’s Hearth, freeing any captives, and stopping any sinister plans they may have to influence the weather against us, must be our utmost priority. Your efforts amongst us to since your arrival have been very impressive - I am convinced you are the people who can deliver the town in its time of need. The town can, and will offer a substantial reward for the defeat or scattering of the Mireborn tribe from these lands, if you can deliver that.”

He goes on to say that, for the role they played in saving Pridon’s Hearth, he is prepared to reward each of them with 500 golden Saagarvan crowns, as well as collectively a trunk of exploration gear left to him amongst his father’s hunting supplies, plus the deed to a plot of land within the town walls. Banker Baldra leans in sharply and adds that the deed is to remain binding only if a permanent structure is erected on the land provided and that someone either live or run a business there for at least two years.

A trunk of hunting supplies
Five hundred gp each (mentioned above); two potions of barkskin (CL 3rd), a +1 chain shirt, 25 +1 crossbow bolts.

Next steps
I appreciate I have jumped ahead a little after the last post, but I wanted to combine your opportunities for shopping and RP together.

Action I
Please take the opportunity to discuss the town, its problems, your proposed solutions with the town council. You may have other concerns to address too, and they may have more information to share than they have disclosed thus far.

Action II
Is there any buying of equipment / selling of loot you wish to do after the meeting, or any spells you wish to choose ? You might also want to divide up your existing shared loot, or tell me what you want to sell and reinvest in other kit. Overall, you may resupply to your heart’s content, limited only by the time it takes and the implications this may have for events elsewhere (the missing Cobalt Eye / the Mireborn / further incoming storms). And, will Francis consent to modelling for the Priestess of Shelyn...?

Action III
Where to next? Bear in mind that each hex on Map 2 requires 8 hours to cross thanks to the rugged terrain (or 5 hours on horseback), and 2 full days to completely explore (1 day on horseback).

Other
x the loot list is up to date;
x your map has been updated with two new locations;
x I have added an image of the Count to the status document in the header above.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Male Half-Orc 3rd level Druid CG Medium humanoid (orc) Init +1; Senses darkvision, scent; Perc: +12 Francis - Init +4; Senses Lowlight vison, Perc: +1

Action 1

Francis' mouth hangs open showing all four of his sharp, long canine teeth inside his long muzzle when Jit approaches and shakes his head side to side. It is the equivalent of a smile for him, however. Annabella may find herself experiencing something unusual. A woman as beautiful as she is normally attracts everyone's gaze. Francis doesn't even look at her until Jit directs his attention to her.

He is even more pleased when Jit actually talks to him in a language he can understand.

Francis Speak:
"I'm glad you weren't hurt by those scaly no furs, little Jit. They were good fighters but not as good as me."

He turns his attention to the other woman and squints thoughtfully, actually stroking his chin as he contemplates her.

"How can she make a rock look like an ape? A rock looks like a rock and I look like a me."

He shrugs eloquently, though.

"What would it take for her to draw me?"

He will, eventually agree, though he will be a poor subject. He'll stay in one place but has no concept of sitting still or posing and can't be made to understand why it would be necessary.

Chest Thumper is unable to convince Francis to come to the meeting with him as the ape insists on getting his picture drawn so that the strange woman can make a rock that looks like him. Probably all for the best since Francis couldn't really voice his opinion and would be even more out of place than the wild Half-Orc in the relatively opulent surroundings of the Count's home.

Chest Thumper listens carefully to what all the advisers say, though he clearly gives more credence to the sheriff's words and is heavily suspicious of Hamsa.

"Muhdzuzi has had plenty of chances to betray us and it's obvious that the lizardfolk are behind this. Unless you are suggesting that they are consorting with each other," he answers Gadd's suggestion.

"These lizardfolk do not belong here and I believe they have been corrupted somehow and that they will continue to attack and turn the weather against us until they are stopped. I will help stop them. And I think I can convince Francis to help us, as well," he agrees.

He pays little mind to the rewards offered. Land in town means almost nothing to him and what he would do with it would likely seem like abandoning it to the banker. The gold and potions are useful of course and he contemplates the chain mail shirt thoughtfully, though he doesn't lay claim to any of it.

Action 2

"I would like to keep one of these for me or Francis," Chest Thumper says, indicating one of the potions of Barkskin.

"We should keep these as well," he says, picking up both wands, though he makes no suggestion about who should carry them.

"I see no need for these," he casts the necklace and brooch aside disdainfully.

"I am sure that Iradyiel or Master Pious can use this," he says patting the chain shirt. "But if neither of you want it, I have an idea."

Unless he ends up with enough money to buy magic Hide Armor, Chest Thumper has no shopping to do.

Action 3

Chest Thumper looks at the map. He points to the location where the Cobalt Eye is supposed to have wrecked.

"We can start here, and help any survivors we find. Then, we can bring them back here. Or, if, there are no survivors or we believe they can make it back on their own, we can move to these other sites to investigate." He makes a sweeping, clockwise arc, indicating Ghol-Gan, then the lost colony, then the tar pits.


Male Half-elf Barbarian (I.R. DR @ 1) 3 |HP 30/35 |AC 17/T 12/FF 15 | F+5/R+3/W+4 | CMB + 7| CMD 19 |init +4 | Perc + 9| Dr/1 | Rage:13/13, HP+2, AC-2, W+2,

Iradyiel accompanies his companions to the Counts estate, he talks casually with a few people, enjoying the atmosphere if not the actual people at the party. Interested in the locations of the ruined tower of the Ghol-Gan he asks "The tower and tar-pit, is it anywhere near the river? We heard about an ancient colony, I wonder if they are related."

When the conversation turns toward the lizards and the possibilities of the halflings working with them, Iradyiel shakes his head "You did not see what we saw. The Song’o tribe may not be our friends but they are not working with the Lizards. Master Thumper is right, Muhdzuzi wouldn't do that."

When Iradyiel heard what the Count was offering he looked toward his companions "That's a lot. Do you think we could use the property to build a 'Pathfinders lodge?'"

As Chest Thumper lifts the chain shirt, Iradyiel shakes his head. "I prefer armor a little heavier."


Map 2: Korir River Delta Party Status and Loot

Iradyiel's question about the ancient colony is met with blank looks from the Count and his council. Either this is not a well-known story or, given that it was sourced from Quentin, it may not be well-founded after all. Iradyiel/Pious: do you tell the Council who you heard this story from? Most of the Council appear to accept the party's assurances about the Song'o halflings, but Gadd remains visibly unconvinced.

GM rolls:
Sense motive: 1d20 ⇒ 191d20 ⇒ 201d20 ⇒ 151d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 251d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 101d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16

Discussing the matter later, after the Council meeting has concluded, Jit Chest Thumper and Iradyiel all agree that during discussion of the lost colony Hamsa Gadd gave a momentary involuntary look of alarm, before swiftly recovering her composure...

As for the other sites, the Count retrieves a large map of the surrounding area from a desk, and he, Gadd and the Sheriff consult it. It is clear from their discussions that the town has only a sketchy of knowledge of its surroundings. Areas only a few days travel from Pridon seem to be largely unexplored. From what information they do have, the two locations are marked on the party's map, which (they suddenly recall) they were gifted by the Mwangi explorer Umuzu on the Kaava Cutter before she left to lead the Cobalt Eye's exploration mission up the Tiger River.

At Iradyiel's mention of the Pathfinder society, the Council's ears prick up. "Are you a member of the Society then?" asks Banker Sifreth. "It would certainly be a step forward for the Town were a lodge to be founded here," the Count volunteers with interest, "And it could bring in additional revenues too, of course" he adds, looking at the cleric. "You don't agree?" he asks Gadd. "I'm not so sure," she adds, frowning, "Don't the lodges bring with them all kinds of undesirables? troublemakers? Sheriff Adaela's watch and our merchant folk work hard to ensure the town is peaceful and...organised. Do we want to attract that sort of interest from across the realms to our little town? I don't think so." she finishes firmly. Whilst the Sheriff looks exasperated at this exchange, the Count looks down thoughtful, and agrees with her. "Well maybe not then. Another few years maybe, once the area here is more settled."


Male Half-elf Barbarian (I.R. DR @ 1) 3 |HP 30/35 |AC 17/T 12/FF 15 | F+5/R+3/W+4 | CMB + 7| CMD 19 |init +4 | Perc + 9| Dr/1 | Rage:13/13, HP+2, AC-2, W+2,

I don't think Iradyiel would have bothered telling them where he heard the information.

Since Iradyiel took "berserker of the society" and his parents were members of the society I hope it's ok to assume he joined, if not he is aspiring to join.

Iradyiel nods his head excitedly, "Yes, yes I ..." He gives the banker a frown. "Undesirable? I'll have you know sir that both my parents were members. I helped rescue this town, yet you call me undesirable?" He looks from the priest to the count. "The pathfinders are not undesirable or troublemakers." He then glares back at the banker. "But they do believe in personal freedom and work against corrupt monopolization."

this is his opinion, not really sure that all pathfinders would agree with him.

He looks back to the Count. "Your giving us the land right? If my companions agree with me, or they agree to give or sell me the property I can build a pathfinder lodge if I want to, right?" He looks at the banker then back to the count. "Your not going to let the priest make you go back on your word, are you?"


Female Human Oracle 3
Stats:
Init: +8 | HP: 25/25 | AC: 12 | FF: 10 | Tch: 12 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +3 | Will: +3 | Perc: +3 | 1; 6/6 Spells Left

Action I
Aza is traditionally quiet as each member of the council speaks - preferring both to be polite and to take in each opinion of the gathered town leaders. 'A good wizard always takes every option into account,' her conjuration teacher would always say.

The Oracle nods in agreement with Chest Thumper - "Muhdzuzi has given us-s no reason to distrust-trust him. If he were actually... well, I vouch for his-s tr-r-rustworthiness."

She interlaces her fingers and leans forward on the table as she considers the options, but her thoughts coincide with the Count's. "I agr-gree. While our as-s-sistance could be n-n-n... required, here, we are the group who can find and neutralize the Mireborn." Aza winces as she says neutralize, not relishing the idea of having to kill the Lizardfolk, even after all they've done. "And we must find the hostages if they remain - or at leas-ss-..." The words their bodies hang in the air, Aza not wishing to speak them.

Aza smiles widely at the suggestion of a plot of land, nodding. It was certainly a long time since she had a place to truly call home, and she had certainly become endeared to the town after all she had done in just a couple of days - she feels, at least partially, responsible for the health heartiness of the town. Especially after such a brutal blow had been dealt by the lizardfolk. "Would the Path-th...finders let you do that?" Aza asks Iradyiel. "I would be happy as long as we could build a s-s-sma... cozy study. I us-sed to help at my parent's shop... I know s-something about running a business." She pauses, thinking of the Pathfinders she had encountered - "I don't think that they were trying to be rude, Iradyiel... to you or your parents. Pathf-finders come in all sh-sh-sh... kinds, and can be a bit rowdy, or... rude." She smiles weakly at him. "B-but not all of them! Certainly not you and y-y-your kin." She starts to turn a bit red, realizing that she may not be making things better, and slouches in her seat.

Action II
Looking over the assembled loot, she points towards the wand of Touch of the Sea - "I can't us-se this, but I can see it being useful."

Her hand reaches over to Chest Thumper, indicating that she could take the wand of Cure Moderate Wounds. "I-I... can feel the power in th-this one. I would be h-happy to s-s-support the party with it."

She will also pocket the Scroll of Water Breathing if no one stops her.

Aza also takes some time after the council to purchase a fully-charged Wand of Cure Light Wounds if one is available.

Action III
Aza looks closely at the map, but her eyes partially blur over - she's no good with the things, all weird shapes and strange colors - it's probably why she did so poorly at sigils at the Mage's College. She nods at Chest Thumper's suggestions, then to the rest of the party. "I'll def-f-f... listen to the rest of you on this one."


Map 2: Korir River Delta Party Status and Loot
Iradyiel Madras wrote:
Since Iradyiel took "berserker of the society" and his parents were members of the society I hope it's ok to assume he joined, if not he is aspiring to join.

Yes I'm happy with Iradyiel having the contacts within the Society to have been inducted as a Junior Initiate. To set it up you'd need to invest time back in Sagarava to get the necessary approvals, and of course you'd need something worth exploring in the region to draw other Pathfinders in. Let's see if you find anything like that as we go on...

Iradyiel Madras wrote:
Iradyiel gives the banker a frown. "Undesirable? I'll have you know sir that both my parents were members. I helped rescue this town, yet you call me undesirable?"

Apologies if my original post was unclear. The banker gave no opinion about the Pathfinders. It wasHamsa Gadd who seemed unconvinced by the idea of inviting loads of inquisitive Pathfinders into the area, and talked the Count into agreeing with her.

Iradyiel Madras wrote:
Iradyiel looks back to the Count. "You're giving us the land right? If my companions agree with me, or they agree to give or sell me the property I can build a pathfinder lodge if I want to, right? You're not going to let Ms Gadd make you go back on your word, are you?"

[ooc]Iradyiel, give me a diplomacy roll if you want to persuade the Count to give his approval. You can benefit from 'aid anther' if other party members try to help your case.


Male Half-elf Barbarian (I.R. DR @ 1) 3 |HP 30/35 |AC 17/T 12/FF 15 | F+5/R+3/W+4 | CMB + 7| CMD 19 |init +4 | Perc + 9| Dr/1 | Rage:13/13, HP+2, AC-2, W+2,
GM AbyssDancer wrote:
plus the deed to a plot of land within the town walls. Banker Baldra leans in sharply and adds that the deed is to remain binding only if a permanent structure is erected on the land provided and that someone either live or run a business there for at least two years.
Iradyiel Madras wrote:
He looks back to the Count. "Your giving us the land right? If my companions agree with me, or they agree to give or sell me the property I can build a pathfinder lodge if I want to, right?" He looks at the banker then back to the count. "Your not going to let the priest make you go back on your word, are you?"

sorry, I thought the banker was speaking

There were three separate questions: the first concerning the land, the second if Iradyiel can build what he wants, the third if the count will let someone dissuade him from what Iradyiel perceived he had promised. He's not really looking to "Gather information, influence attitude or make a request" I mean he is looking for information of a sort but it seems to be to be a straight forward question that will then affect Iradyiel's opinion of the count.


Map 2: Korir River Delta Party Status and Loot

OK understood. To be clear: the Count (with the agreement of the Council) offered the land, the Banker laid out the standard conditions applied to all incoming settlers (ie the land is granted to be used not sold), the Count started to sound interested in your idea of using it for a Lodge, Gadd persuaded him this would be bad for the town.

This is not a matter of what you legally can or can't do with the gifted land; more what the Count (who owns the colony) approves of and would support. Let's not get into negotiation of city zoning controls here (what a dull RP session that would be!) but the Count has a say in these matters. Further, I expect that the Pathfinder Guild would not want to set up a Lodge unless it had local approval.

Over to you. You can try to 'influence attitude' or 'make a request' now, or you can leave it and attempt to change his mind later. Your choice.


Male Half-elf Barbarian (I.R. DR @ 1) 3 |HP 30/35 |AC 17/T 12/FF 15 | F+5/R+3/W+4 | CMB + 7| CMD 19 |init +4 | Perc + 9| Dr/1 | Rage:13/13, HP+2, AC-2, W+2,
GM AbyssDancer wrote:

OK understood. To be clear: the Count (with the agreement of the Council) offered the land, the Banker laid out the standard conditions applied to all incoming settlers (ie the land is granted to be used not sold), the Count started to sound interested in your idea of using it for a Lodge, Gadd persuaded him this would be bad for the town.

This is not a matter of what you legally can or can't do with the gifted land; more what the Count (who owns the colony) approves of and would support. Let's not get into negotiation of city zoning controls here (what a dull RP session that would be!) but the Count has a say in these matters. Further, I expect that the Pathfinder Guild would not want to set up a Lodge unless it had local approval.

Over to you. You can try to 'influence attitude' or 'make a request' now, or you can leave it and attempt to change his mind later. Your choice.

I'll just RP however he answers

Grand Lodge

The Count hesitates, taken aback somewhat by Iradyiel's challenge. "Erm..." he stammers "We are happy to offer you the land, yes, but you must accept that the Council, well, that I have an interest in how my colony progresses. I think the Council agrees with me" here he looks across at Hamsa Gadd "that the time is not yet right for a Pathfinder Lodge. Maybe in the future, but not now. Besides, " he adds, a"There are more urgent issues to address today. How do you propose to find the Mirkborn lizard tribe and their lair?"

-Posted with Wayfinder


Male Half-elf Barbarian (I.R. DR @ 1) 3 |HP 30/35 |AC 17/T 12/FF 15 | F+5/R+3/W+4 | CMB + 7| CMD 19 |init +4 | Perc + 9| Dr/1 | Rage:13/13, HP+2, AC-2, W+2,

'Colonies progress' Iradyiel, clearly crestfallen, looks from Gadd to the count. "Well no not now, because we have things to do. But it would be a shame not to consider it soon." Looking from the Count to the rest of adventurers, he begins to gather his gear to leave. "I came here to see the land of my father. Someone else should probably use the property for something else. If the Pathfinders want to build here later they can. Once were done with the rescue and solving the mysteries about the storm and the lost colony I will probably go deeper into the interior anyway." Turning back to the Count, "It was a pleasure sir, I wish you good fortune building your town."

after they leave.
His feelings clearly hurt, Iradyiel returns to the stone building, removing his armor he goes to sleep in a dark corner.

In the morning
Waking with the sun, he asks, "Shall we inspect the wreck of the boat and look for survivors first? Should we sail up river or hike?"


Map 2: Korir River Delta Party Status and Loot

In the morning
Arising the next day the party wake from what may have been their first solid night's sleep since they arrived. Refreshed and rested, and with a new sense of purpose they contemplate the challenges ahead: a foray into the jungle and swamp surrounding Pridon in search of the Mireborn tribe, and perhaps to locate any survivors from Fort Breakthrough too.

Gathering advice the previous evening at the Stone Hall from anyone willing to offer it, they heard that the territory around the town of Pridon’s Hearth consists mostly of unexplored marshlands, tropical hummocks and grassy lowlands, with the edge of the true jungle — known locally as the Jungle of Hungry Trees — beginning further to the east. Within 12 miles (one hex) of the town plantations and smallholdings dot the area, and there should be little risk of dangerous encounters. Beyond this the party are advised that they will have to make their own paths and travel will be hard going, especially given the likelihood of storm damage to foliage and rain erosion of any game paths.

Sheriff Adaela mentions that her cousin, Jheri “One Arm” Praet, runs a dika plantation along the marsh northeast of town (added to the map at hex C4; Pridon is hex C3). She asks the PCs to check in on him and make sure that he and his family are OK after the storm. She promises that he'd be sure to offer them hospitality if they are travelling past, but warns them "Steer clear of his home-brewed diku brandy - it's lethal!".

Finally, before they head out Galinila the young half-elf approaches them, once again in a state of high distress. Through tears of worry for her missing father she begs the party (but in particular Iradyiel) to investigate the suspected wreck of the Cobalt Eye.

Where to go / what to do?
So what's your decision? CT suggested a route which included crossing the river to search the wreck first, then a west-to-east sweep across the area north of Pridon. Is this the plan?


Male Half-elf Barbarian (I.R. DR @ 1) 3 |HP 30/35 |AC 17/T 12/FF 15 | F+5/R+3/W+4 | CMB + 7| CMD 19 |init +4 | Perc + 9| Dr/1 | Rage:13/13, HP+2, AC-2, W+2,

I'm assuming we are walking, if we want to use mounts let me know and Iradyiel will retcon purchasing a mule to ride.

Chest Thumper wrote:

Action 3

Chest Thumper looks at the map. He points to the location where the Cobalt Eye is supposed to have wrecked.
"We can start here, and help any survivors we find. Then, we can bring them back here. Or, if, there are no survivors or we believe they can make it back on their own, we can move to these other sites to investigate." He makes a sweeping, clockwise arc, indicating Ghol-Gan, then the lost colony, then the tar pits.

That works for me.

Nodding his head in agreement with Chest Thumper, then pointing toward the great ape. "That sounds like a good plan Master Thumper, I will try and help follow the trail, but I doubt if I am the natural tracker that Francis is."

'I think every family has one of 'those cousins' Nodding As the sheriff explains about her cousin he smiles and offers, "We will check in on him, and thanks for the warning about the Brandy."

He then leans over to Chest Thumper and quietly asks, "We can work that in right?"

As they are leaving Iradyiel sees Galinila approaching. Wrapping his arm around her shoulder he attempts to comfort her. "We will do what we can. Master Thumper has a plan and we are going to check on the wreck of the Cobalt Eye first." Realizing he had called it a wreck, he quickly follows up, "I'm sure there will be a few survivors. I mean I hope your dad is ok." As he fumbles about with his wording, he squeezes her hand quickly and begins to leave with the party, Tuning back and waiving as they head on their way.

Once they are out of sight of the girl, Iradyiel works his way to the point, his coldiron glaive in hand.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Male Half-Orc 3rd level Druid CG Medium humanoid (orc) Init +1; Senses darkvision, scent; Perc: +12 Francis - Init +4; Senses Lowlight vison, Perc: +1

Chest Thumper and Francis are a little late in joining the group. The reason is obvious as soon as they appear. The half-orc's connection to nature is far too strong for him to sheathe himself in steel. Ironically, his ape brother does not seem to have that compunction.

Francis is covered from neck to knees in the magical chainmail that the count provided them as part of their payment. It is obvious that he is not entirely comfortable with the armor yet, but he moves with his usual grace.

The effect is likely a bit humorous, though. His fur bristles out from underneath the armor, forming a ruff around his neck and his upper arms where the links end. Worse, until now, it has not been notable that he's been naked. He is an animal, after all. But now, when he is wearing some clothes it is hard to ignore the fact that he is naked underneath.

"Sorry. It takes longer than I expected to put this on," Chest Thumper says, gesturing to the armor that Francis is wearing.

"Between the three of us we should be able to find any tracks that remain," he replies to Iradyiel's query.

"We'll check in on your cousin," he confirms to the sheriff. "It will be good to know that we will have a safe place to rest and recover along the way, as well."

He hides a smile at Iradyiel's discomfort and awkwardness when it comes to the half-elven girl. He nudges Francis and nods to the pair.

"Looks like someone has a good reason to come back to Pridon's Hearth," Chest Thumper says to his brother, though obviously loud enough to be overheard.

The two of them are casual as they move through the farmland, Chest Thumper with his axe across his shoulders, his wrists looped loosely over the hilt. Francis periodically hooks a finger into the neck of his armor as though adjusting it or to scratch.

They watch for storm damage and if there are people to help but aren't on guard.

"I wonder if there is a boat to get across the river or if we'll have to swim."


Map 2: Korir River Delta Party Status and Loot

To get to where the possible wreck of the Cobalt Eye was sighted on Korir island, it will be necessary to arrange transport across the river. Those who were sea sick on the journey to Pridon approach the transfer with some wariness, but in truth whilst the river is high it appears to be placid despite the still brooding storms out to sea. The party head down to the Little Tiger docks to find Old Tom, a local fisherman recommended by Sheriff Adaela, and his reliable if odorous tub the Winklestar.

On the outward journey Pious is uncharacteristically quiet, seemingly sunk in brooding thought turning over and over the events in the shallows in his mind. Old Tom and his two crewmen barely talk either, being naturally taciturn folk. After the best part of a day he takes you as far towards the open sea as he dares, putting in at a low and muddy salt marsh backed by high scrub dunes ( Hex D2). Old Tom explains that he will remain in the area fishing for a couple of days, and will return daily for a week thereafter to pick the party up once they complete their investigations. From the drop-off point he estimates it is a day’s travel along the coast to cut across to the western shore where the Cobalt Eye was sighted. As the Winklestar pulls away the party realise they are now alone on Korir island – alone with a wild and untamed wilderness.

The party head off along the coast. It is a dispiriting walk; Korir Island has little tree cover and throughout their march a thin rain blankets them until the early evening when it is replaced by a light mist rising off the marshes.

GM rolls:
Encounter?: 1d100 ⇒ 501d100 ⇒ 96

As the light fails it makes sense to halt the march and seek what cover can be had in the lee of small (10’) cliff facing a beach, overshadowed by a stunted copse of dwarf palm trees. The party settle down to build a fire, take food and get some rest before hopefully reaching the beaches of the western seacoast in the morning.

Camping out
Tell me: what are your arrangements for the night? Are you sleeping outside in the rain, or have you bought tents? Are you keeping a fire lit through the night? Are you keeping watch, and if so, are you more wary of the coastline or of any approaches from inland? All preparations, thoughts or discussions are welcome.


If it's OK with AD... Pious would have partially and messily skinned the lizard creature. Obtaining a piece of hide which he takes to whoever would be working leather in the town and requesting it cured, ready to make a grip. He would have also bought a container large enough for the head, filled it with water, and left the head in it somewhere out of the way. He will leave all his money with the bank of Abadar after buying a bedroll a tarp and some rope. He will have tattooed a large lightning strike down his sword arm, conspicuously covering some of the religious text originally there. Finally he would have sought the services of the venerable banker in inspecting his sword, paying accordingly.

Pious is indeed quiet on the journey, sat in the prow of the boat and staring at their destination, absentmindedly stroking his new tattoo and his old sword.

That evening he uses the rope and tarp he bought to rig up a rough shelter between two trees and lays his bedroll beneath it.

Survival: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

"We must keep a fire lit, we are humans in a wild land, we must bring civilisation with us."

Pious will take the middle watch, mumbling scripture under his breath the whole time. His focus is more inland than out to sea.

Grand Lodge

Survival DR15:
During the march, and two hours before setting up camp, you spot tracks through the silt at the waterline. Mostly covered over by the tide, it is not possible to tell what they were. They appear to have been travelling the shoreline alone, and humanoid in nature.

Survival DC 22:
Spotting crows rising from the ground behind a sand dune during the march, you approach and find a spot where someone was killed. The site is several days old, and it appears someone was ambushed and after a short chase messily half devoured by humanoid attackers of some unknown sort. The body has mostly been carried off, leaving only carrion and bloodstains behind...

-Posted with Wayfinder


Gnome Sorcerer 3 | 18/20 HP | 13 AC (+2 in jungle) 13 T 11 FF | 11 CMD | F +4 R +3 W +2 (+2 vs fear) | Init +7 | Perc +5 | SM -1 | Thunderstaff 7/7 | Spells: 1st 6/6

Jit is quiet during the council meeting and during the ride on the Winklestar. She seems content to go along with whatever plans are offered up to her (“This may surprise you,” she told Francis sometime the other day, “but I’m not much of a planner.”). She uses her spare time to shop around for suitable camping gear, making extra sure to get a comfortable cot to snooze on. She takes a lot of naps during the travel to Korir island, alternating between sleeping and taking pensive looks at the brewing storm of the coast.

She helps set up as well, putting up a tent to stay drier. “I can take first watch!” she volunteers eagerly. She ducks briefly into her tent and pulls out a bottle of wine lightly dusted with sand. “I got provisions for it. It’s bad luck for first watch not to have provisions, you know.” She turns toward the coast - whether she thinks that danger will come from that direction rather than inland is unclear, perhaps even to herself. But the water would best indicate the motions of the storm she thinks, if it decides to act up again.

---

Not much of a post, but I’m trying to get back into things. Thanks for the patience, everyone! I don’t know exactly what camping gear I would have bought, but I can figure that out in a bit - Gozreh knows that I don’t have much in the way of equipment to purchase.

301 to 350 of 455 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ire of the Storm - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.