GM Aarvid PFS #6-21: Tapestry’s Toil (CORE) (Inactive)

Game Master GM Aarvid

Notes/Maps


201 to 250 of 462 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Male Elf Wizard (Conjuror) 5 (HP 27/27) (AC 17/13/14) (CMD 13) (Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +4) (Init +9) (Perception +18)

Varian starts crawling up the stairs.

Which probably means that I won't participate in this combat...

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling (Varisian) | Bard 8 (CORE) | 83/83 HP | Init +4 | Perc +15 | SM +18 | AC 28 T 17 FF 23 | CMB +5 CMD 21 (FF 16) | F +8 R +13 W +12 (+4 vs. language/sonic & +2 vs. fear) | Bardic perform' 22/22

Ibaz can be using the Climber's Kit (+2)

The Exchange

Adept 6 AC20 (T16,FF13) CMD23| HP (9)44/44| F +7 R +7 W +10 | Init +2, Perc +11, Sense Motive +7 |

Ibaz starts using Parrim's climber's kit trying to get as fast as possible.

Climb (DC20): 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 4 + 2 = 26 I don't know if there is a rope

Climb 15ft. up

Scarab Sages

f Picture of Electra Elf
Stats:
HP 58/58 Ac 12 FF 10 T 12 F 6 R 6 W 7 (+2/+3vs Elemental Spells)/ Ini +8 Perc +15
Wizard Conjurer (8)

Electra quickly casts fly and moves up in the air.


Magnimar Lodge

Electra casts a fly spell and prepares to fly upward in the instance of the surprise.

Likewise Ibaz and Oggil climb up, and Varian makes it up 5' without falling.

More movement is heard above and Oggil and Chip can see the tops of some sort of metal sculptures...moving.

=== Round 1 ===

Bold may go...

24-Electra(5' up, flying), Ibaz(15' up)
16-O()
15-Chip+Zip(40' up), Varian (5' up), Oggil (45' up)

10-Sculptures() ()
6-Parrim(30'up)

Scarab Sages

Dwarven monk-8; HP 76/76; Re-roll@+3(+6 FJC) 1/1; Stunning Fist 8/8 (DC18); Ki 8/8; Wand CLW 38/50; AC 20(24 w/mage armor; Fort +10(+12 vs poison); Ref +10(evasion); Will +12;Extra +2 vs spells, +4 vs enchantments; Init +4; Perc +16

Oggil continues to climb the stairs, hoping to get to the top...
climb: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
But unable to make progress as a lose rock gives way under his strong fingertips.

How high is the stair?

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Wizard (Conjuror) 5 (HP 27/27) (AC 17/13/14) (CMD 13) (Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +4) (Init +9) (Perception +18)

Varian continues to crawl up the stairs.

Scarab Sages

f Picture of Electra Elf
Stats:
HP 58/58 Ac 12 FF 10 T 12 F 6 R 6 W 7 (+2/+3vs Elemental Spells)/ Ini +8 Perc +15
Wizard Conjurer (8)

Electra will study the sculptures.
KnowArcane: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (17) + 16 = 33

The Exchange

Adept 6 AC20 (T16,FF13) CMD23| HP (9)44/44| F +7 R +7 W +10 | Init +2, Perc +11, Sense Motive +7 |

Ibaz continues to climb up, but this time more carefuly.

Climb #1 DC15: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 2 = 13

As he's unable to climb up quick enough, he tries to get quicker.

Climb #2 DC20: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 2 = 24

This time, he is able to climb!

+15ft. up

Grand Lodge

Gnome Ranger 6 (CORE) | HP 54/58 (1 NL) | AC 22* | T 15* | FF 19 | CMD 23* | Fort +7 | Ref +8* | Will +6 | +2 vs. illusion, +1 vs. mind-affecting spells/SLA (+2 if psychic), +1 vs. disease, +1 vs. distraction of swarms | Init +2 (+4 urban) | Perception +10 (+12 urban) (low-light vision) | Sense Motive +5 | Reroll 0/1 | Active Conditions: Haste(*), Longstrider

"Sculptures moving is never good. Let's go Zipper!"

Zipper's Move Action
Zipper heads up to the one in the back with Chip riding on his back.

Move Action
Chip tries to dismount Zipper quickly.
Ride: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
He fails to do so, but still gets off. Takes up his move action.

Free Action
Chip takes out his longsword.

Standard Action
He attacks the creature.
Longsword Attack (Power Attack): 1d20 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 12 - 2 = 22
Longsword Damage (Power Attack): 1d6 + 7 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 6 = 19


Badger (RAGE(!)) | HD 4 | HP 38/42 (1 NL) | AC 20*#! | T 12*! (16 incorporeal)# | FF 15*! | CMD 20* (24 vs. trip) | Fort +7^! | Ref +5#^ (Evasion) | Will +3^! | Init +0^ (+2^ urban) | Perception +4^ (+6^ urban) (low-light vision, scent) | Rage 4/7 | Active Conditions: Endure Elements, Haste(*), Longstrider, Mage Armor(#), Sickened(^)

Standard Action
Zipper tries to bite at the sculpture in front of him.
Bite Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Bite Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Magnimar Lodge

The stairs are 60' to the top, and almost vertical (hence the climb checks).

Electra flies up to the top easily and studies the sculptures, in particular the moving one on the RIGHT (only this one is moving).

Electra:
You believe it is an ANIMATED OBJECT, IRON SCULPTURE.
Defensive Abilities hardness 10; Immune construct traits
SQ construction points (additional slam attack, grab, metal)

Ibaz almost falls but then recovers and speeds up the wall another 15'

Chip and Zip move up to the non-moving sculpture on the left)

The halfling and badger both score hits, but the halfling's blade only does about half as much damage to the iron and the badger's bite does none at all. It does not seem to react at all to the damage.

After Chip's advance, 4 very large gray dwarves on the balcony step forward with their crossbows fire at the flying mage and Chip.

They were out of line-of-sight from those below until they moved up to the edge of balcony

Vs Chip xbow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 for dmg: 2d8 ⇒ (6, 8) = 14
Vs Chip xbow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 for dmg: 2d8 ⇒ (2, 8) = 10
Vs Electra xbow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 for dmg: 2d8 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5
Vs Electra xbow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 for dmg: 2d8 ⇒ (1, 4) = 5
But the shots all miss, scattering their bolts on the stone floor.

Varian moves up another 5' and Oggil reaches the top with his full move.

I will assume Parrim keeps climbing...let me know if otherwise

The statue on the right strides up to Oggil and swings an appendage at him.

slam: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 slam: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 hitting as its metal arm strikes his head.

=== Round 2 ===

Party goes...

24-Parrim(45'up), Electra(65' up, flying), Ibaz(30' up)
15-Chip+Zip(top), Varian (10' up), Oggil (top -4)

16-Gray Dwarves() () () ()
10-Sculptures(#1 -7 ) (#2 )

Grand Lodge

Gnome Ranger 6 (CORE) | HP 54/58 (1 NL) | AC 22* | T 15* | FF 19 | CMD 23* | Fort +7 | Ref +8* | Will +6 | +2 vs. illusion, +1 vs. mind-affecting spells/SLA (+2 if psychic), +1 vs. disease, +1 vs. distraction of swarms | Init +2 (+4 urban) | Perception +10 (+12 urban) (low-light vision) | Sense Motive +5 | Reroll 0/1 | Active Conditions: Haste(*), Longstrider

"Hrm, it's not moving? Zipper, let's get these guys instead."

Full Round Action
Chip withdraws from the statue he is facing and heads up the stairs.

"If you work with the Aspis, I suggest your redeem yourselves of them now. I will give you one chance."


Badger (RAGE(!)) | HD 4 | HP 38/42 (1 NL) | AC 20*#! | T 12*! (16 incorporeal)# | FF 15*! | CMD 20* (24 vs. trip) | Fort +7^! | Ref +5#^ (Evasion) | Will +3^! | Init +0^ (+2^ urban) | Perception +4^ (+6^ urban) (low-light vision, scent) | Rage 4/7 | Active Conditions: Endure Elements, Haste(*), Longstrider, Mage Armor(#), Sickened(^)

Double Move
Zipper heads up with Chip. Will provoke from the blue scuplture.

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling (Varisian) | Bard 8 (CORE) | 83/83 HP | Init +4 | Perc +15 | SM +18 | AC 28 T 17 FF 23 | CMB +5 CMD 21 (FF 16) | F +8 R +13 W +12 (+4 vs. language/sonic & +2 vs. fear) | Bardic perform' 22/22

Parrim keeps climbing...
And next round too, till at the top

The Exchange

Adept 6 AC20 (T16,FF13) CMD23| HP (9)44/44| F +7 R +7 W +10 | Init +2, Perc +11, Sense Motive +7 |

Again, Ibaz continues to climb, safely first.

Climb: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 2 = 9
Reroll 5*: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 4 + 2 + 5 = 30
Climb DC15: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 2 = 16

He finishes the climb Double move +15ft.

What's going on here?

Scarab Sages

Dwarven monk-8; HP 76/76; Re-roll@+3(+6 FJC) 1/1; Stunning Fist 8/8 (DC18); Ki 8/8; Wand CLW 38/50; AC 20(24 w/mage armor; Fort +10(+12 vs poison); Ref +10(evasion); Will +12;Extra +2 vs spells, +4 vs enchantments; Init +4; Perc +16

Relieved to be at the top, Oggil lashes out at the nearby creature with a flurry of blow

"No fair hitting a dwarf while he climbs!"
attack, flurry: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
attack, flurry: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
attack, flurry: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Two of his blows look good and solid.
damage: 1d8 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 4 + (1) = 6 the 1d6 is fire
damage: 1d8 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 4 + (5) = 15 the 1d6 is fire

"As the warm east wind said to the mountain. I'll keep the top clear for you!" laughs the dwarf.

NB, Oggil has deflect arrows, so the first ranged that hits him...doesn't

Scarab Sages

f Picture of Electra Elf
Stats:
HP 58/58 Ac 12 FF 10 T 12 F 6 R 6 W 7 (+2/+3vs Elemental Spells)/ Ini +8 Perc +15
Wizard Conjurer (8)

Electra warns her companions about the statues and especially their hardness.
Quickly she starts an incantation, calling aid from the celestial realms.
Summon Monster 3 for an aurochs. I guess the lantern archons rays are subject to hardness?


Magnimar Lodge

Parrim reaches closer the top floor with her climbing efforts, following the others to the sound of combat.

Electra calls out to her companions, flying just 5' above and away from the floor they seek. She begins a complex summoning, taking her full concentration.

Ibaz, nearly losing his grip in his haste, calls out and with luck, and second chance climbing skills is able to reach the top near Oggil and the metal sculpture.

Chip departs from the unmoving sculpture to race Zipper 20' up the left grand staircase to the 8' tall dwarves waiting atop. The sculpture takes no notice of them,

Varian continues the snails pace climbing up, still 45' below the combat floor.

Finally, Oggil goes all fists and fury on the metal artwork, striking it twice with burning fists, but not doing any noticeable damage with the first and a small dent with the second (assuming fists are not adamantine).

-

The sculpture returns the assault on Oggil.

slam: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
slam: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

However, neither of the metal arms connects with the dodging dwarf.

On the top of the balcony, the 4 gray dwarves call out in common and undercommon.

INTRUDERS! ALERT! INTRUDERS!

The one facing Chip and Zipper steps back, draws his large waraxe and attempts to cleaves into the pair.

On Chip axe: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Chip ducks under the massive waraxe.

The other three look to be reloading their heavy crossbows.

INTRUDERS! HOLD THE LINE!

=== Round 3 ===

Party goes...

24-Parrim(45'up), Electra(65' summoning, flying), Ibaz(top)
15-Chip+Zip(top), Varian (15' up), Oggil (top -4)

16-Gray Dwarves(axe) (reload) (reload) (reload)
10-Sculptures(#1 -7 ) (#2 -5 )

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling (Varisian) | Bard 8 (CORE) | 83/83 HP | Init +4 | Perc +15 | SM +18 | AC 28 T 17 FF 23 | CMB +5 CMD 21 (FF 16) | F +8 R +13 W +12 (+4 vs. language/sonic & +2 vs. fear) | Bardic perform' 22/22

Parrim clmbs, hopefully reaching the top: "So, what am I missing?!"

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Wizard (Conjuror) 5 (HP 27/27) (AC 17/13/14) (CMD 13) (Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +4) (Init +9) (Perception +18)

I think it is safe to say, I will keep inching my way up; I'll reach the top in another 9 rounds, so the combat should (hopefully) be over by then... In other words, don't wait on my account ;-)

Scarab Sages

Dwarven monk-8; HP 76/76; Re-roll@+3(+6 FJC) 1/1; Stunning Fist 8/8 (DC18); Ki 8/8; Wand CLW 38/50; AC 20(24 w/mage armor; Fort +10(+12 vs poison); Ref +10(evasion); Will +12;Extra +2 vs spells, +4 vs enchantments; Init +4; Perc +16

Oggil continues to beat upon the statue, slowly working his way around to get into a flanking position with Ibaz.

attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

However he rushes the blows and none come even close to hurting it.

"As the ice slowly erodes the mountain, so will I bring you down eventually." he states.

Grand Lodge

Gnome Ranger 6 (CORE) | HP 54/58 (1 NL) | AC 22* | T 15* | FF 19 | CMD 23* | Fort +7 | Ref +8* | Will +6 | +2 vs. illusion, +1 vs. mind-affecting spells/SLA (+2 if psychic), +1 vs. disease, +1 vs. distraction of swarms | Init +2 (+4 urban) | Perception +10 (+12 urban) (low-light vision) | Sense Motive +5 | Reroll 0/1 | Active Conditions: Haste(*), Longstrider

Free Action
Chip draws out his short sword, now wielding both longsword and short sword.

Five Foot Step
He steps up to the retreating dwarf. "I warned you." Chip heard that gray dwarves were Aspis. He doesn't know better. ;)

Full Attack
He launches into full assault.
Main Longsword Attack
Longsword Attack (TWF, Power Attack): 1d20 + 12 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 12 - 2 - 2 = 12
Longsword Damage (Power Attack): 1d6 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 4 = 12

Offhand Shortsword Attack
Short Sword Attack (TWF, Power Attack): 1d20 + 12 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 12 - 2 - 2 = 25
Short Sword Damage (Power Attack): 1d4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 2 = 8

Iterative Longsword Attack
Longsword Attack (TWF, Power Attack): 1d20 + 7 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 7 - 2 - 2 = 17
Longsword Damage (Power Attack): 1d6 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 4 = 11

Iterative Shortsword Attack
Short Sword Attack (TWF, Power Attack): 1d20 + 7 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 7 - 2 - 2 = 21
Short Sword Damage (Power Attack): 1d4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 2 = 8


Badger (RAGE(!)) | HD 4 | HP 38/42 (1 NL) | AC 20*#! | T 12*! (16 incorporeal)# | FF 15*! | CMD 20* (24 vs. trip) | Fort +7^! | Ref +5#^ (Evasion) | Will +3^! | Init +0^ (+2^ urban) | Perception +4^ (+6^ urban) (low-light vision, scent) | Rage 4/7 | Active Conditions: Endure Elements, Haste(*), Longstrider, Mage Armor(#), Sickened(^)

Five Foot Step
Zipper follows in suit with Chip.

Full Attack
And attacks at the dwarf.
Bite Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Bite Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Claw Attack 1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Claw Damage 1: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Claw Attack 2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Claw Damage 2: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

The Exchange

Adept 6 AC20 (T16,FF13) CMD23| HP (9)44/44| F +7 R +7 W +10 | Init +2, Perc +11, Sense Motive +7 |

Ibaz strikes at the strange object in front of him, hoping to help Oggil fight the thing. He concentrates to make his fist harder swift action: Arcane Strike

Fury: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Damages: 1d6 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 2 = 12
Fury: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Damages: 1d6 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 = 9

Scarab Sages

f Picture of Electra Elf
Stats:
HP 58/58 Ac 12 FF 10 T 12 F 6 R 6 W 7 (+2/+3vs Elemental Spells)/ Ini +8 Perc +15
Wizard Conjurer (8)

The Aurochs arrives and charges the statue.
Charge: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 271d8 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
Electra then moves closer to the group.


Magnimar Lodge

Parrim reaches the top floor, seeing the melee between Dwarf and Sculpture before her. Upon the upper balcony, 20' up, she sees 4 large dwarves and the top of Chip and Zippers' heads.

Electra finishes her call of the wild, and an auroch charges the statue and slams into it opposite Ibaz. The horns leave a pair of small dents in the metal.

Moooooo!

Ibaz likewise hits the same metal, twice, but only leaving a small scratch with the first of the pair.

Chip and Zipper have better luck as the plucky halflings cuts down the first of the goliath dwarves. Chip dropping it and Zipper's bite finishing it.

When it stops moving, the body shrinks back to the size of a normal dwarf.

Varian is 1/3 of the way up and wondering if installing an elevator would make sense.

Oggil flurry of attacks do not land on the now surrounded metal creature.

The metal creature ignores Oggil and goes after Ibaz

vs Ibaz slam: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 slam: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 hit
vs Ibaz slam: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 slam: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 miss

vs Ibaz grab: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 vs CMD22 miss

The top dwarves, aim their crossbows, one at Chip and two at the raging bull.

vs Chip xbow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 xbow: 2d8 ⇒ (1, 2) = 3 miss
vs Auroch xbow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 xbow: 2d8 ⇒ (8, 1) = 9 miss
vs Auroch xbow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 xbow: 2d8 ⇒ (8, 8) = 16 miss

INTRUDERS! REPEL THEM! ALERT!

They then drop their bows and heft their axes.

=== Round 4 ===

Party goes...

24-Parrim( ), Electra(65' flying), Ibaz( -8)
15-Chip+Zip( ), Varian (20' up), Oggil ( -4)

16-Gray Dwarves(dead) (axe) (axe) (axe)
10-Sculptures(-7 ) (-12 )

Grand Lodge

Gnome Ranger 6 (CORE) | HP 54/58 (1 NL) | AC 22* | T 15* | FF 19 | CMD 23* | Fort +7 | Ref +8* | Will +6 | +2 vs. illusion, +1 vs. mind-affecting spells/SLA (+2 if psychic), +1 vs. disease, +1 vs. distraction of swarms | Init +2 (+4 urban) | Perception +10 (+12 urban) (low-light vision) | Sense Motive +5 | Reroll 0/1 | Active Conditions: Haste(*), Longstrider

"Let's keep going Zipper!"

Move Action
Chip moves up with newfound bravado from his easy time with the last one.

Standard Action
He takes a swing, this time just one-handed.
Longsword Attack (Power Attack): 1d20 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 12 - 2 = 24
Longsword Damage (Power Attack): 1d6 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 4 = 13


Badger (RAGE(!)) | HD 4 | HP 38/42 (1 NL) | AC 20*#! | T 12*! (16 incorporeal)# | FF 15*! | CMD 20* (24 vs. trip) | Fort +7^! | Ref +5#^ (Evasion) | Will +3^! | Init +0^ (+2^ urban) | Perception +4^ (+6^ urban) (low-light vision, scent) | Rage 4/7 | Active Conditions: Endure Elements, Haste(*), Longstrider, Mage Armor(#), Sickened(^)

Move Action
Zipper follows along.

Standard Action
Grunting, he takes a viscous bite at the dwarf.
Bite Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Bite Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Scarab Sages

Dwarven monk-8; HP 76/76; Re-roll@+3(+6 FJC) 1/1; Stunning Fist 8/8 (DC18); Ki 8/8; Wand CLW 38/50; AC 20(24 w/mage armor; Fort +10(+12 vs poison); Ref +10(evasion); Will +12;Extra +2 vs spells, +4 vs enchantments; Init +4; Perc +16

"Does anyone have an adamantine weapon?" asks Oggil hopefully.

Taking advantage of the better position he lays into the statue once more. Blow after blow rains down on it, as he tries to reduce the thing to rubble.

lots of rolls:

Spends a ki point for extra attack
attack, flank: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 9 + 2 = 22
attack, flank: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 2 = 17
attack, flank: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 2 = 14
Ki attack, flank: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 9 + 2 = 31
Crit on Ki attack, flank: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 9 + 2 = 26
damage#1: 1d8 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + 4 + (3) = 14
damage#2: 1d8 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + 4 + (4) = 15
damage#4: 1d8 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 4 + (6) = 13
extra damage if it is subject to crits: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

"As the mightiest mountain is eventually defeated by the smallest drop of rain, so will you too fall." he prounces


Magnimar Lodge

The waiting gray dwarf swings at the halfling as he approaches.

AOO: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21 for dmg: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (2, 1) + 4 = 7

The blade cuts into the halfling, but the dwarf receives the worse of it, with longsword and bite returning the favor.

Oggil - are you moving to flank? Right now, you do not flank with Ibaz or the bull - they flank each other

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling (Varisian) | Bard 8 (CORE) | 83/83 HP | Init +4 | Perc +15 | SM +18 | AC 28 T 17 FF 23 | CMB +5 CMD 21 (FF 16) | F +8 R +13 W +12 (+4 vs. language/sonic & +2 vs. fear) | Bardic perform' 22/22

Dusting her knees, dirtied from the climb, she wonders why the heck they put in such steep stairs and could she not have a nice stairway put in?
Taking a little step to the side, to be away from this very unwelcoming statue, she looks around, and starts to sing for all to hear:
+2 Competence Bonus to Hit & Damage (& Fear/Charm Saves)
There's a lady who's sure
All that glitters is gold
And she's buying a stairway to heaven
When she gets there she knows
If the stores are all closed
With a word she can get what she came for
Oh oh oh oh and she's buying a stairway to heaven

Then Parrim decides to have the Dwarves glitter like gold and casts a spell that rains golden glitterdust on two of them...

Actions:
• 5 ft. step
• Move action: start Perform (4/22 used)
• Standard action: cast Glitterdust on the two Dwarves to the "right" (see template)
DC 16 Will save or be Blinded


Magnimar Lodge

Parrim starts a song of inspiration, followed by a burst of glitter and gold, settling on the pair of dwarves on the balcony.

2d20 ⇒ (5, 15) = 20

Both are coated in the flashy dust and one seems to be blinking ALOT!

Oggil flails into the sculpture, hitting 2 (or 3) of 4 times. Causing more damage, although, again, much bouncing off the hard metal structure. It is looking pretty bad at this point.

=== Round 4 (continued) ===
+2 Bard Song in Effect

24-Parrim(sings+2 ), Electra(65' flying), Ibaz( -8)
15-Chip+Zip( ), Varian (25' up), Oggil ( -4)
16-Gray Dwarves(dead) (axe, -22) (axe, blind, glitter) (axe, glitter)
10-Sculptures(-7 ) (-32)

Bold are up...assumed Varian climbed

Scarab Sages

Dwarven monk-8; HP 76/76; Re-roll@+3(+6 FJC) 1/1; Stunning Fist 8/8 (DC18); Ki 8/8; Wand CLW 38/50; AC 20(24 w/mage armor; Fort +10(+12 vs poison); Ref +10(evasion); Will +12;Extra +2 vs spells, +4 vs enchantments; Init +4; Perc +16

I didn't realise the Bull had appeared in that square, bad me for not double checking the map. I'm Hoping that Ibaz moves north 5' and then Oggil steps into his space. Then we both get flanking.

Scarab Sages

f Picture of Electra Elf
Stats:
HP 58/58 Ac 12 FF 10 T 12 F 6 R 6 W 7 (+2/+3vs Elemental Spells)/ Ini +8 Perc +15
Wizard Conjurer (8)

The Bull attacks once more Attackflank: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 311d8 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
Electra keeps an eye out for the dwarfs and moves to get some cover.

Scarab Sages

Dwarven monk-8; HP 76/76; Re-roll@+3(+6 FJC) 1/1; Stunning Fist 8/8 (DC18); Ki 8/8; Wand CLW 38/50; AC 20(24 w/mage armor; Fort +10(+12 vs poison); Ref +10(evasion); Will +12;Extra +2 vs spells, +4 vs enchantments; Init +4; Perc +16

that might be a crit! Try to confirm it.

The Exchange

Adept 6 AC20 (T16,FF13) CMD23| HP (9)44/44| F +7 R +7 W +10 | Init +2, Perc +11, Sense Motive +7 |

Ibaz continues to strike the metalic object moving to flank with Oggil. 5ft. step

Fury #1(+Arcane Strike): 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 7 + 2 = 26
Damages: 1d6 + 5 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 2 + 2 = 13
Fury #2(+Arcane Strike): 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 2 = 19
Damages: 1d6 + 5 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 2 + 2 = 14

I like your song Parrim!


Magnimar Lodge

Electra's bull and Ibaz finish off the metal contraption and it falls into a clump of twisted metal on the stone floor.
There is a brief flicker as the metal crumbles.

GM: 3d20 ⇒ (13, 5, 7) = 25

Electra flies to get more protection from the now furious dwarves.

The dwarf facing the puny halfling falls back (withdraws) while one of his glowing buddies moves up and swings. The heavy blade swings wide.

STOP THE INTRUDERS!

vs Chip axe: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 axe: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (4, 4) + 4 = 12

HOLD STILL YOU BLASTED TWERP!

The other stumbles forward, towards the doors.
1d20 ⇒ 16

FINALLY I CAN SEE AGAIN. KILL THAT FLYING WITCH!!!!

Note, all 3 remaining dwarves are wielding axes, ignore image

=== Round 5 ===
+2 Bard Song in Effect

24-Parrim(sings+2 ), Electra(65' flying), Ibaz( -8)
15-Chip+Zip(-7, 0 ), Varian (25' up), Oggil ( -4)

16-Gray Dwarves(dead) (axe, -22) (axe, glitter) (axe, glitter)
10-Sculptures(-7 ) (X)

Party goes...

Grand Lodge

Gnome Ranger 6 (CORE) | HP 54/58 (1 NL) | AC 22* | T 15* | FF 19 | CMD 23* | Fort +7 | Ref +8* | Will +6 | +2 vs. illusion, +1 vs. mind-affecting spells/SLA (+2 if psychic), +1 vs. disease, +1 vs. distraction of swarms | Init +2 (+4 urban) | Perception +10 (+12 urban) (low-light vision) | Sense Motive +5 | Reroll 0/1 | Active Conditions: Haste(*), Longstrider

"Let's keep pressing on!"

Full Attack
Chip starts slicing. He will stop if the dwarf drops.

Main Longsword Attack
Longsword Attack (TWF, Power Attack, Inspire Courage): 1d20 + 12 - 2 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 12 - 2 - 2 + 2 = 15
Longsword Damage (Power Attack, Inspire Courage): 1d6 + 5 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 4 + 2 = 13

Offhand Shortsword Attack
Short Sword Attack (TWF, Power Attack, Inspire Courage): 1d20 + 12 - 2 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 12 - 2 - 2 + 2 = 28
Short Sword Damage (Power Attack, Inspire Courage): 1d4 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 2 + 2 = 9

Iterative Longsword Attack
Longsword Attack (TWF, Power Attack, Inspire Courage): 1d20 + 7 - 2 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 7 - 2 - 2 + 2 = 13
Longsword Damage (Power Attack, Inspire Courage): 1d6 + 5 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 4 + 2 = 14

Iterative Shortsword Attack
Short Sword Attack (TWF, Power Attack, Inspire Courage): 1d20 + 7 - 2 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 7 - 2 - 2 + 2 = 7
Short Sword Damage (Power Attack, Inspire Courage): 1d4 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 2 + 2 = 10


Badger (RAGE(!)) | HD 4 | HP 38/42 (1 NL) | AC 20*#! | T 12*! (16 incorporeal)# | FF 15*! | CMD 20* (24 vs. trip) | Fort +7^! | Ref +5#^ (Evasion) | Will +3^! | Init +0^ (+2^ urban) | Perception +4^ (+6^ urban) (low-light vision, scent) | Rage 4/7 | Active Conditions: Endure Elements, Haste(*), Longstrider, Mage Armor(#), Sickened(^)

Zipper's actions will depend on how Chip's turn went. If Blue is still up, he will full attack. If Blue drops, then he will move to pink and take on the one bite. I will roll all the attacks just in case.

Bite Attack (Inspire Couarge): 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 2 = 28
Bite Damage (Inspire Couarge): 1d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 2 = 9

Claw Attack 1 (Inspire Couarge): 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 2 = 25
Claw Damage 1 (Inspire Couarge): 1d4 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 2 = 9

Claw Attack 2 (Inspire Couarge): 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 2 = 20
Claw Damage 2 (Inspire Couarge): 1d4 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 = 8

-------------------------------------------------

CRITICAL CONFIRM - Bite Attack (Inspire Couarge): 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 2 = 18
EXTRA DAMAGE - Bite Damage (Inspire Couarge): 1d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 2 = 10

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling (Varisian) | Bard 8 (CORE) | 83/83 HP | Init +4 | Perc +15 | SM +18 | AC 28 T 17 FF 23 | CMB +5 CMD 21 (FF 16) | F +8 R +13 W +12 (+4 vs. language/sonic & +2 vs. fear) | Bardic perform' 22/22

Parrim moves as fast as she can on her short legs towards the stairs, waving at the Dwarf up on top: "Over here, you hairy half-elf!"
She keeps on Inspiring Courage.
+2 Att' +2 Dam' +2 vs. Fear/Charm
Chanting at the Dwarves: "Hi Ho Hi Ho, Its Off To Fumble We Go!!
"We fumble fumble fumble fumble
"In our Mine the whole day through
"To fumble fumble fumble fumble
"Its what we like to do"

(5/22 Song used)

Scarab Sages

f Picture of Electra Elf
Stats:
HP 58/58 Ac 12 FF 10 T 12 F 6 R 6 W 7 (+2/+3vs Elemental Spells)/ Ini +8 Perc +15
Wizard Conjurer (8)

Electra sends the bull towards the next dwarf and the bull moves quickly upwards, but is unable to attack. Electra uses her ability to throw an acid dart towards the dwards upstairs.
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 61d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Scarab Sages

Dwarven monk-8; HP 76/76; Re-roll@+3(+6 FJC) 1/1; Stunning Fist 8/8 (DC18); Ki 8/8; Wand CLW 38/50; AC 20(24 w/mage armor; Fort +10(+12 vs poison); Ref +10(evasion); Will +12;Extra +2 vs spells, +4 vs enchantments; Init +4; Perc +16

Oggil hurries over to the second statue and smashes his flaming fists into it

attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
damage: 1d8 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 3 + (5) = 14

The Exchange

Adept 6 AC20 (T16,FF13) CMD23| HP (9)44/44| F +7 R +7 W +10 | Init +2, Perc +11, Sense Motive +7 |

Ibaz moves to be close to the statue attacked by Oggil.

double move


Magnimar Lodge

Parrim keeps up her song while taunting the sparkling dwarves on the balcony.

Electra's bull races clumsily up the stairs while she throws a dart of acid...into the ceiling.

Ibaz moves over to the other medium statue, ignoring the larger ones for the time.

Chip and Zipper continue their onslaught on the band of glowing grey dwarves.

Chip hits once with his off hand, and Zipper goes berzerk and shreds the dwarf, leaving nothing but a sparkling pool of blood on the floor...which shrinks back to normal size.

Varian continues his wall climbing excursion, hearing the battle getting closer...yet further away.

Oggil dashes to the damaged statue and hits it once, making another dent.

The statue steps and swings a pair of metal claws at Oggil.

vs Oggil slam: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 slam: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 hit
vs Oggil slam: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 slam: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 miss

With some desperation, the two dwarves call out...

WE SAID INTRUDERS! HURRY!

The injured one is facing the bull and tries to fend it off.

vs Bull axe: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 axe: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (7, 4) + 4 = 15 miss

Meanwhile. the glittering one knows it is up to him to save the day against the frothing badger and its puny master!!!

DIE!!!!!!

vs Zipper axe: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 axe: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (2, 7) + 4 = 13 hit
vs Chip axe, cleave: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 axe: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (4, 5) + 4 = 13

As it cleaves into Zipper and through to Chipper

=== Round 6 ===
+2 Bard Song in Effect

24-Parrim(sings+2 ), Electra(65' flying), Ibaz( -8)
15-Chip+Zip(-7, 0 ), Varian (35' up), Oggil ( -4)

16-Gray Dwarves(dead) (dead) (axe, glitter) (axe, -22)
10-Sculptures(-11 ) (X)

Party goes...

Grand Lodge

Gnome Ranger 6 (CORE) | HP 54/58 (1 NL) | AC 22* | T 15* | FF 19 | CMD 23* | Fort +7 | Ref +8* | Will +6 | +2 vs. illusion, +1 vs. mind-affecting spells/SLA (+2 if psychic), +1 vs. disease, +1 vs. distraction of swarms | Init +2 (+4 urban) | Perception +10 (+12 urban) (low-light vision) | Sense Motive +5 | Reroll 0/1 | Active Conditions: Haste(*), Longstrider

FYI, I don't want Chip/Zipper to keep attacking the dwarves once they are unconcious. I would like to stop the attacks, with Chip giving Zipper the correct orders when approriate (like "Heel")

"We've got this! Hang on Zipper!"

Five Foot Step
Chip continues to go along the conga line.

Full Attack
The assault continues!
Main Longsword Attack
Longsword Attack (TWF, Power Attack, Inspire Courage): 1d20 + 12 - 2 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 12 - 2 - 2 + 2 = 21
Longsword Damage (Power Attack, Inspire Courage): 1d6 + 5 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 4 + 2 = 12

Offhand Shortsword Attack
Short Sword Attack (TWF, Power Attack, Inspire Courage): 1d20 + 12 - 2 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 12 - 2 - 2 + 2 = 21
Short Sword Damage (Power Attack, Inspire Courage): 1d4 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 2 + 2 = 10

Iterative Longsword Attack
Longsword Attack (TWF, Power Attack, Inspire Courage): 1d20 + 7 - 2 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 7 - 2 - 2 + 2 = 6
Longsword Damage (Power Attack, Inspire Courage): 1d6 + 5 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 4 + 2 = 12

Iterative Shortsword Attack
Short Sword Attack (TWF, Power Attack, Inspire Courage): 1d20 + 7 - 2 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 7 - 2 - 2 + 2 = 25
Short Sword Damage (Power Attack, Inspire Courage): 1d4 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 2 + 2 = 10

------------------------------------------------------------

Iterative Shortsword Attack
CRIT CONFIRM - Short Sword Attack (TWF, Power Attack, Inspire Courage): 1d20 + 7 - 2 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 7 - 2 - 2 + 2 = 13
EXTRA DAMAGE - Short Sword Damage (Power Attack, Inspire Courage): 1d4 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 2 + 2 = 8


Badger (RAGE(!)) | HD 4 | HP 38/42 (1 NL) | AC 20*#! | T 12*! (16 incorporeal)# | FF 15*! | CMD 20* (24 vs. trip) | Fort +7^! | Ref +5#^ (Evasion) | Will +3^! | Init +0^ (+2^ urban) | Perception +4^ (+6^ urban) (low-light vision, scent) | Rage 4/7 | Active Conditions: Endure Elements, Haste(*), Longstrider, Mage Armor(#), Sickened(^)

Five Foot Step
Zipper follows with Chip and attacks Or he will heel if the dwarf is down.

Full Attack
Bite Attack (Inspire Couarge): 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 2 = 22
Bite Damage (Inspire Couarge): 1d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 = 7

Claw Attack 1 (Inspire Couarge): 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 2 = 17
Claw Damage 1 (Inspire Couarge): 1d4 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 = 6

Claw Attack 2 (Inspire Couarge): 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 2 = 22
Claw Damage 2 (Inspire Couarge): 1d4 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 = 7

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling (Varisian) | Bard 8 (CORE) | 83/83 HP | Init +4 | Perc +15 | SM +18 | AC 28 T 17 FF 23 | CMB +5 CMD 21 (FF 16) | F +8 R +13 W +12 (+4 vs. language/sonic & +2 vs. fear) | Bardic perform' 22/22

Parrim starts going up the stairs, wondering if Celestial Auroch's leave Celestial dung behind?
She continues to Inspire Courage...

+2 to Hit/Dam' & Charm/Fear Saves (6/22 used)

Scarab Sages

f Picture of Electra Elf
Stats:
HP 58/58 Ac 12 FF 10 T 12 F 6 R 6 W 7 (+2/+3vs Elemental Spells)/ Ini +8 Perc +15
Wizard Conjurer (8)

The Bull roars in defiance and attacks the dwarf back, smiting it.
Attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 311d8 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22
Confirm: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 251d8 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15 The
As I do not know if the dwarfs are evil smite damage is not included +3 extra smite damage +6 if crit

Meanwhile Electra takes her magic wand and shoots a magic missle at the dwarf with the ochs.MM: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5[ooc]If alive then to another one.


Magnimar Lodge

Parrim follows the bull up the staircase to the right, singing all the way.

The bull snorts and slams into the injured gray dwarf and it kills it instantly. It falls in a clump on the floor, shrunken and unmoving.

Electra re-directs her missiles to the last dwarf standing (or the statue, let me know).

Chip and Zipper go to work on the last dwarf as well.

YOU WILL NOT.....NOOooooooo!

But in three swift slices, Chip drops the dwarf and Zipper sits there frothing at the mouth with an unsated bloodlust.

=== Round 6 (cont)===
+2 Bard Song in Effect

24-Parrim(sings+2 ), Electra(65' flying), Ibaz( -8)
15-Chip+Zip(-7, 0 ), Varian (35' up), Oggil ( -4)
16-Gray Dwarves(dead) (dead) (-30) (dead)
10-Sculptures(-11 ) (X)

201 to 250 of 462 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Aarvid PFS #6-21: Tapestry’s Toil (CORE) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.