GM Aarvid PFS #6-21: Tapestry’s Toil (CORE) (Inactive)

Game Master GM Aarvid

Notes/Maps


151 to 200 of 462 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

Dwarven monk-7; HP 48/67; Re-roll@+3 1/1; Stunning Fist 6/6 (DC17); Ki 4/7; Wand CLW 38/50; AC 19(23 w/mage armor; 28 w/barksin&SoF; 29 haste); Fort +9(+11 vs poison); Ref +9(evasion); Will +11(+9);Extra +2 vs spells, +4 vs enchantments; Init +4; Perc +14

Unfortunately you can't run underwater. Half your speed is a full round action, or quarter for a move action

Oggil continues to swim closer. I assume he is closing on the surface so doesn't need to start holding his breath yet. But if it will make it quicker, he'll dive now.

Scarab Sages

f Picture of Electra Elf
Stats:
HP 25/44 Ac 12 FF 10 T 12 F 4 R 5 W6 / Ini +8 Perc +15
Wizard Conjurer (7)

The Water elemental charges the blue man.
Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 251d6 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

The Exchange

Adept 6 AC16 (T16,FF13) CMD23| HP (0)44/44| F +7 R +7 W +10 | Init +2, Perc +11, Sense Motive +7 |

Ibaz has a swim speed, so he can ;-)


Magnimar Lodge

The squid lashed out at the departing man like an escaping fish but becomes tangled in its own tentacles. It gives chase but takes more effort to de-tangle once it arrives.

@Ibaz - Yep...run with 10 swim is good to get there.

Oggil and Ibaz swim forward in a full dash, following closely after the water elemental. The elemental slamming hard into the man, causing an inaudible gulp.

The blue man shrugs his shoulders and blindly puts his hands up.

Very well, you have poor Brahlim. I surrender. I offer my treasure at the bottom of the pool as well as the information I know of those you seek.

He appears to be readed...but has not moved. Party is up

=== Round 7 ===
11- Chip(moved ),Zipper( ), Ibaz(), Varian(-12 NL )
20+ Parrim+Squid(sings),Oggil(-6hp, -2NL),Electra+Elem(ok, -8hp)
14+ BlueMan (READIED. -50 ,glittery, still blind)


Magnimar Lodge

Those in the water can hear him glubbing his message. Those outside cannot.

Scarab Sages

Dwarven monk-7; HP 48/67; Re-roll@+3 1/1; Stunning Fist 6/6 (DC17); Ki 4/7; Wand CLW 38/50; AC 19(23 w/mage armor; 28 w/barksin&SoF; 29 haste); Fort +9(+11 vs poison); Ref +9(evasion); Will +11(+9);Extra +2 vs spells, +4 vs enchantments; Init +4; Perc +14

"If you surrender, then join us at the edge of the water and tell us what you know." says Oggil, treading water on the surface above the man.
Or swimming closer to him if he is still a long way away.

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling (Varisian) | Bard 8 (CORE) | 83/83 HP | Init +4 | Perc +15 | SM +18 | AC 28 T 17 FF 23 | CMB +5 CMD 21 (FF 16) | F +8 R +13 W +12 (+4 vs. language/sonic & +2 vs. fear) | Bardic perform' 22/22

Not hearing nor seeing what is going on below the waters, Parrim shuffles her feet and can do nothing.

The squid tries to pull the tentacles out of its big round eyes, untangle them - the tentacles, not the eyes - and continue attacking the Blue Man.

Squid:

I did not count any of the Blind modifiers (-2 AC, no Dex...) and will let you do the math'.
Bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 231d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Tentacle 1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 51d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Grapple 1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Tentacle 2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 151d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Grapple 2: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Grand Lodge

Gnome Ranger 6 (CORE) | HP 54/58 (1 NL) | AC 22* | T 15* | FF 19 | CMD 23* | Fort +7 | Ref +8* | Will +6 | +2 vs. illusion, +1 vs. mind-affecting spells/SLA (+2 if psychic), +1 vs. disease, +1 vs. distraction of swarms | Init +2 (+4 urban) | Perception +10 (+12 urban) (low-light vision) | Sense Motive +5 | Reroll 0/1 | Active Conditions: Haste(*), Longstrider

Double Move
Chip tries to move out of the water.
Swim: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
This time, he struggles to move anywhere. By my calculation, he has used up about 6 rounds of his 28 to hold his breath, so I'm not worried.

The Exchange

Adept 6 AC16 (T16,FF13) CMD23| HP (0)44/44| F +7 R +7 W +10 | Init +2, Perc +11, Sense Motive +7 |

Fine. Says Ibaz who come closer to the creature.

Come with me he says as he approaches it and strikes the squid.


Magnimar Lodge

The squid's bite hits but fails to penetrate his blue skin.

The man nods blindly.

Who said that? I cannot see where to go.

I am assuming nobody else attacks him. The elemental and squid will disappear soon enough I imagine.

3d20 ⇒ (9, 19, 16) = 44

He follows Ibaz back to the shore as the others swim back as well. His sight seems to return eventually.

This striking, blue-eyed man with luminous skin and flowing white hair holds an ethereal harp. Looking at the bunch of you he spots a couple wayfinders.

I have heard of the Society’s fearsome reputation and their desire to acquire wealth whatever the cost.

He continues I admire the fact that the Society doesn’t let silly ideas like morality stand in their way. But have no doubt, I caution if you break your word and try to kill me, my allies will seek revenge on you and your Society. I offer my treasure and knowledge to you and you spare me. Do we have a deal?

Grand Lodge

Gnome Ranger 6 (CORE) | HP 54/58 (1 NL) | AC 22* | T 15* | FF 19 | CMD 23* | Fort +7 | Ref +8* | Will +6 | +2 vs. illusion, +1 vs. mind-affecting spells/SLA (+2 if psychic), +1 vs. disease, +1 vs. distraction of swarms | Init +2 (+4 urban) | Perception +10 (+12 urban) (low-light vision) | Sense Motive +5 | Reroll 0/1 | Active Conditions: Haste(*), Longstrider

Swim: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Chip swims out of the water. "And who would your allies be?"

Scarab Sages

Dwarven monk-7; HP 48/67; Re-roll@+3 1/1; Stunning Fist 6/6 (DC17); Ki 4/7; Wand CLW 38/50; AC 19(23 w/mage armor; 28 w/barksin&SoF; 29 haste); Fort +9(+11 vs poison); Ref +9(evasion); Will +11(+9);Extra +2 vs spells, +4 vs enchantments; Init +4; Perc +14

Oggil looks at the man with disgust.

"We want to know more about this place too, and how you came to be here... and .." he points to the dead Aspsis.

"How they came here."

With combat over he rummages through the bodies of the dead agents to see if there are any clues, and happily removes their Aspis clasps.


Magnimar Lodge

Besides the bronze clasps, Oggil finds nothing but tattered leather armor and rusted axes on the dead Aspis. The blue man does not seem to notice or care of their fate.

I am Brahlim. This river is my home. Those two with the bronze clasps were offerings to me from the waterfall. he turns and points to the waterfall in the distance.

You are Pathfinders, correct? I was told by people who are well acquainted with the Society’s acts and they spread the word of the danger of attempting to negotiating with your Pathfinder Society.

He turns to Chip and Parrim in particular.

My allies are not these. I have friends with the very elements themselves and the Second World. So we have a deal? If so I will provide you with what I promised and you will keep yours, yes?

He hands you a wand he was holding in his belt then points to the glint of gold in a crevice in the river.

Scarab Sages

f Picture of Electra Elf
Stats:
HP 25/44 Ac 12 FF 10 T 12 F 4 R 5 W6 / Ini +8 Perc +15
Wizard Conjurer (7)

"I am not known for breaking my words and I also believe in morality. Also you were in contact with the unliving, that does not bode well!"

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Wizard (Conjuror) 5 (HP 27/27) (AC 17/13/14) (CMD 13) (Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +4) (Init +9) (Perception +18)

Varian pinches the bridge of his nose, and sighs.

"It sounds like we need to hire a good spin-doctor..."

Shaking his head, he continues:

"If you are true to your word, I, for one, certainly have no problem agreeing to your terms."

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling (Varisian) | Bard 8 (CORE) | 83/83 HP | Init +4 | Perc +15 | SM +18 | AC 28 T 17 FF 23 | CMB +5 CMD 21 (FF 16) | F +8 R +13 W +12 (+4 vs. language/sonic & +2 vs. fear) | Bardic perform' 22/22

Parrim looks the man over, now that she can good a look at his cool luminous skin and white hair, wondering what he may be--
whichever Knowl' fits: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
--"Well Brahim, I'm Parrim, and this is my team", she says as she holds her little hand out for him to shake:
"There once was a man who could swim like a seal
"And loved to fight before having to make a deal"

The Exchange

Adept 6 AC16 (T16,FF13) CMD23| HP (0)44/44| F +7 R +7 W +10 | Init +2, Perc +11, Sense Motive +7 |

I'm a man of my word.

Says Ibaz who tries to find lies in Brahim's words.
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

I agree with your terms.

Grand Lodge

Gnome Ranger 6 (CORE) | HP 54/58 (1 NL) | AC 22* | T 15* | FF 19 | CMD 23* | Fort +7 | Ref +8* | Will +6 | +2 vs. illusion, +1 vs. mind-affecting spells/SLA (+2 if psychic), +1 vs. disease, +1 vs. distraction of swarms | Init +2 (+4 urban) | Perception +10 (+12 urban) (low-light vision) | Sense Motive +5 | Reroll 0/1 | Active Conditions: Haste(*), Longstrider

"Bronze clasps?" Chip thinks for a bit. "They are our direct enemy, so they would of course slander us."

"We shall agree to your terms. Do you have any other information that is useful to us? Especially about these people with the clasps."

Scarab Sages

Dwarven monk-7; HP 48/67; Re-roll@+3 1/1; Stunning Fist 6/6 (DC17); Ki 4/7; Wand CLW 38/50; AC 19(23 w/mage armor; 28 w/barksin&SoF; 29 haste); Fort +9(+11 vs poison); Ref +9(evasion); Will +11(+9);Extra +2 vs spells, +4 vs enchantments; Init +4; Perc +14

Oggil nods. "Knowledge is its own reward, and your death gains us nothing."


Magnimar Lodge

Very well. After he hands over the wand, he points to a crevice in the river. I will have to retrieve the rest.
[b]Be warned, there are at least one hundred of gray dwarves, and they keep many slaves. The leader of the gray dwarves is a man named Chergin Ironwhip who has power over stone.

Regarding the two bodies.

As I said, those were left for me and I agreed to use them to assist me in guarding the approach to their complex.
I do not know anything about the claps.

Scarab Sages

Dwarven monk-7; HP 48/67; Re-roll@+3 1/1; Stunning Fist 6/6 (DC17); Ki 4/7; Wand CLW 38/50; AC 19(23 w/mage armor; 28 w/barksin&SoF; 29 haste); Fort +9(+11 vs poison); Ref +9(evasion); Will +11(+9);Extra +2 vs spells, +4 vs enchantments; Init +4; Perc +14

"There is no way we can face off against over one hundred grey dwarves." notes Oggil.

He gives the man in blue a hard look.

"How are we to know you will not stay hidden in your underwater cave?
sense motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


Magnimar Lodge

You have my word as I have yours.
And I am sure you will come down after me if I do not come back.
You are welcome to come with me.

Scarab Sages

Dwarven monk-7; HP 48/67; Re-roll@+3 1/1; Stunning Fist 6/6 (DC17); Ki 4/7; Wand CLW 38/50; AC 19(23 w/mage armor; 28 w/barksin&SoF; 29 haste); Fort +9(+11 vs poison); Ref +9(evasion); Will +11(+9);Extra +2 vs spells, +4 vs enchantments; Init +4; Perc +14

Oggil shrugs. "Bring the items, but first I would know more of you and the grey ones. How you came to be here, how long you have been here and what you know of hte grey ones. They must fear something if they had you post guards..."

The Exchange

Adept 6 AC16 (T16,FF13) CMD23| HP (0)44/44| F +7 R +7 W +10 | Init +2, Perc +11, Sense Motive +7 |

Gray dwarf? What's that? Asks Ibaz

Scarab Sages

Dwarven monk-7; HP 48/67; Re-roll@+3 1/1; Stunning Fist 6/6 (DC17); Ki 4/7; Wand CLW 38/50; AC 19(23 w/mage armor; 28 w/barksin&SoF; 29 haste); Fort +9(+11 vs poison); Ref +9(evasion); Will +11(+9);Extra +2 vs spells, +4 vs enchantments; Init +4; Perc +14

"That is how Grodel described the youth Naldak’s Point, or maybe the evil that took them away..."


Magnimar Lodge

Parrim recalls Brahlim as a fey known as a fossegrim. They are not good and generally aquatic in nature.

1 question...if you want, although you have experienced most.

Brahlim dives down and returns with a gem and hands it to Oggil.

The grey dwarves look like you but...more grey in color. And more stony. I agreed to watch the water approach in return for the assistance. I migrated here from elsewhere in this realm, finding the dwarves interesting. I live in the pool, entertaining myself with passersby or finding the tributes who fall from the waterfall.

He continues...

I suspect that the tributes fall from the waterfall’s source close to the top of the mountain, but I never really bothered to investigate how or why the tributes are delivered to me...they just are.

He shrugs.

But now, I guess I will move on as this place has run its course for me. So I guess that is all. Good luck!


Magnimar Lodge

Let me know if you want to do anything else with him. He is preparing to depart.

***

Reposting for convenience...the waterfall is 30' off the south of the map.
The river is rapid and you spot steep stone stairs carved into the side of the mountain across the other side.

The mountain reaches overhead, covered in lush trees and white mist. As warm winds whip around the mount’s rises, wisps of cloud separate from the thick cover and float away.

A brief plateau about halfway up the mountain features a sheer cliff, otherwise inscrutable from a distance. The roar of the waterfall overhead explains the thick mist that covers much of the mountain. The vapors become gray clouds as they rise in altitude, but near the base of the mountain they are white wisps rolling out from the pool.

Scarab Sages

Dwarven monk-7; HP 48/67; Re-roll@+3 1/1; Stunning Fist 6/6 (DC17); Ki 4/7; Wand CLW 38/50; AC 19(23 w/mage armor; 28 w/barksin&SoF; 29 haste); Fort +9(+11 vs poison); Ref +9(evasion); Will +11(+9);Extra +2 vs spells, +4 vs enchantments; Init +4; Perc +14

"As the steam rises from the pot, so do the stairs rise from the pond." says Oggil, gesturing to them.

"We surely have enough strong swimmers to get everyone across without trouble. Maybe our friend Brahlim could help as well?"

He gazes at the dead.

"As the bird is to the sea, so I am to a priest. Perhaps one of you may say some words over the fallen before we depart? I confess that as the magpie gathers glittery objects that strike its curiosity, so it mine intrigued by the 'tributes' that Brahlim receives. And my grey cousins who presumably send them."

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling (Varisian) | Bard 8 (CORE) | 83/83 HP | Init +4 | Perc +15 | SM +18 | AC 28 T 17 FF 23 | CMB +5 CMD 21 (FF 16) | F +8 R +13 W +12 (+4 vs. language/sonic & +2 vs. fear) | Bardic perform' 22/22

Parrim thinks: A fey, so the resistance must be linked to cold iron...
"Well, Brahim, I pray we have entertained you! Good luck to you..."

"Yes, Master Oggil, I can say some words for these fallen. Or participate if someone else wishes to lead..."
If no one wishes to lead, Parrim will lead a brief prayer to Pharasma, for these dead.

Grand Lodge

Gnome Ranger 6 (CORE) | HP 54/58 (1 NL) | AC 22* | T 15* | FF 19 | CMD 23* | Fort +7 | Ref +8* | Will +6 | +2 vs. illusion, +1 vs. mind-affecting spells/SLA (+2 if psychic), +1 vs. disease, +1 vs. distraction of swarms | Init +2 (+4 urban) | Perception +10 (+12 urban) (low-light vision) | Sense Motive +5 | Reroll 0/1 | Active Conditions: Haste(*), Longstrider

Chip waits for Parrim to finish. Being quite a bit biased against the Aspis, he says this. "They were mislead, as I was in the past. They got what Aspis agents usually get, a swift death with no help from their fellow comrades to even take the bodies with them. Had we gotten to them sooner maybe they could have been turned." Chip looks solemn saying that, clenching a fist during his words. He then looks back up. "May Fate not judge them too harshly."

Almost like a mood swing, Chip looks towards the stairs and smiles. The upbeat change of voice is startling. "Let's move on with the mission! Come on Zipper!" *whistles*


Badger (RAGE(!)) | HD 4 | HP 38/42 (1 NL) | AC 20*#! | T 12*! (16 incorporeal)# | FF 15*! | CMD 20* (24 vs. trip) | Fort +7^! | Ref +5#^ (Evasion) | Will +3^! | Init +0^ (+2^ urban) | Perception +4^ (+6^ urban) (low-light vision, scent) | Rage 4/7 | Active Conditions: Endure Elements, Haste(*), Longstrider, Mage Armor(#), Sickened(^)

Zipper grunts happily as he follows along with Chip.


Magnimar Lodge

From a considerable distance, the cliff face at the base of the mountain appears corrugated from erosion. Two pairs of enigmatic, smiling stone faces are carved into the face of the mountain. These faces flank a precariously tall, ten-foot-wide stone staircase that leads to a flat plateau 60 feet overhead.

The staircase is so steep that it is essentially vertical (requiring a climb check to navigate).

The map has been updated to the next page. Oh and some of you had some NL damage remaining, I believe.

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling (Varisian) | Bard 8 (CORE) | 83/83 HP | Init +4 | Perc +15 | SM +18 | AC 28 T 17 FF 23 | CMB +5 CMD 21 (FF 16) | F +8 R +13 W +12 (+4 vs. language/sonic & +2 vs. fear) | Bardic perform' 22/22

Parrim smiles back at the stone faces, wondering what, who or whom they might represent.
Before sighing as she sees she will have to climb...

Knowl': 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

Scarab Sages

f Picture of Electra Elf
Stats:
HP 25/44 Ac 12 FF 10 T 12 F 4 R 5 W6 / Ini +8 Perc +15
Wizard Conjurer (7)

Looking at the steep stairs Electra sighs. "This will not be easy. And sweaty. But a mission is a mission!"

Grand Lodge

Gnome Ranger 6 (CORE) | HP 54/58 (1 NL) | AC 22* | T 15* | FF 19 | CMD 23* | Fort +7 | Ref +8* | Will +6 | +2 vs. illusion, +1 vs. mind-affecting spells/SLA (+2 if psychic), +1 vs. disease, +1 vs. distraction of swarms | Init +2 (+4 urban) | Perception +10 (+12 urban) (low-light vision) | Sense Motive +5 | Reroll 0/1 | Active Conditions: Haste(*), Longstrider

"A climb?" Chip taps himself with his Wand of Longstrider and put it away. Increases his move speed, and therefore climb speed!

Chip will try to carefully start ascending to see how difficult it is.
Climb (Take 10): 10 + 3 = 13
If that makes it, Chip will wait for the others before continuing to scale all the way to the top. If it doesn't, he will advise that this is a pretty difficult climb.

Cannot believe I haven't gotten a Potion of Fly on this character yet. Oh well.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Wizard (Conjuror) 5 (HP 27/27) (AC 17/13/14) (CMD 13) (Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +4) (Init +9) (Perception +18)

Varian tries really hard...

Climb: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (12) - 2 = 10.

...but does not prove especially effective at climbing.

Since it is still a staircase, albeit a steep one, can I crawl up it? Failing that, I may need to wait until someone gets to the top, and lets a rope down for me.

Scarab Sages

Dwarven monk-7; HP 48/67; Re-roll@+3 1/1; Stunning Fist 6/6 (DC17); Ki 4/7; Wand CLW 38/50; AC 19(23 w/mage armor; 28 w/barksin&SoF; 29 haste); Fort +9(+11 vs poison); Ref +9(evasion); Will +11(+9);Extra +2 vs spells, +4 vs enchantments; Init +4; Perc +14

Was there anything interesting in the 'tributes' that he brought back for us from his cave?

Looking at his companions Oggil notes "A bruised orange is not as tasty as one that has been well taken care of. "

He offers use of his wand to those damaged.
Assuming either Parrim or Chip are willing to use it

CLW Electra: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
CLW electra: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
CLW Oggil: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Magnimar Lodge

The wand and gem both detect as magic, if that is interesting

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Wizard (Conjuror) 5 (HP 27/27) (AC 17/13/14) (CMD 13) (Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +4) (Init +9) (Perception +18)

Varian attempts to ID both items.

Spellcraft(Wand): 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 14 + 2 = 30.
Spellcraft(Gem): 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 14 + 2 = 34.

Scarab Sages

Dwarven monk-7; HP 48/67; Re-roll@+3 1/1; Stunning Fist 6/6 (DC17); Ki 4/7; Wand CLW 38/50; AC 19(23 w/mage armor; 28 w/barksin&SoF; 29 haste); Fort +9(+11 vs poison); Ref +9(evasion); Will +11(+9);Extra +2 vs spells, +4 vs enchantments; Init +4; Perc +14

The magical gem is definitely interesting to Oggil.
"As flies to honey, so are the scarab sages with magical gemstones."


Magnimar Lodge

Varian studies the wand and gem while heading to the stone staircase.
The wand is a less common wand of Cure Moderate Wounds, the gem is a primal elemental gem (water)

The party is able to patch up their bumps and bruises.

***

At the stone staircase, the stairs are almost verical, and Chip ungraciously slips back down before getting too far up. It is much tougher than he expected. (DC15 at quarter speed, DC20 at half speed)

Parrim studies the statues, and they appear to be devoted to some dark deity. (DC20 Kn:Rel to recognize)

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Wizard (Conjuror) 5 (HP 27/27) (AC 17/13/14) (CMD 13) (Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +4) (Init +9) (Perception +18)

Varian ponders the statues...

Knowledge(Religion): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15.

...but clearly, has never heard of the deity in question.

Scarab Sages

Dwarven monk-7; HP 48/67; Re-roll@+3 1/1; Stunning Fist 6/6 (DC17); Ki 4/7; Wand CLW 38/50; AC 19(23 w/mage armor; 28 w/barksin&SoF; 29 haste); Fort +9(+11 vs poison); Ref +9(evasion); Will +11(+9);Extra +2 vs spells, +4 vs enchantments; Init +4; Perc +14

Oggil climbs, and happily drops down a rope for others when required.

With stoncunning, if there are secret entrances in the stone, Oggil gets an automatic free perception check to spot them.

climb take ten: 10 + 8 = 18

Scarab Sages

f Picture of Electra Elf
Stats:
HP 25/44 Ac 12 FF 10 T 12 F 4 R 5 W6 / Ini +8 Perc +15
Wizard Conjurer (7)

Electra ponders over the statues Taking 10 for Knowrel 20, and she does remeber something about it. Telling her comrades about it, she starts climbing up the stairs.
Taking 10 for 9

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling (Varisian) | Bard 8 (CORE) | 83/83 HP | Init +4 | Perc +15 | SM +18 | AC 28 T 17 FF 23 | CMB +5 CMD 21 (FF 16) | F +8 R +13 W +12 (+4 vs. language/sonic & +2 vs. fear) | Bardic perform' 22/22

Parrim tests the cilmb, and, seeing she can manage pretty well - take 10 for 16 -, mutters: "We Halflings love to climb..."

Then she addresses her comrades: "If you wish, I can climb up alongside those who have difficulties, since, in case an accident happens and someone falls, I may at least cushion their fall, making it like a feather."
Can cast Feather Fall, but must be within 40 ft.

Then she plops her haversack to the ground, and starts pulling a crazy amount of things from within: "Here are some pitons and hooks that can help someone, and we can always pass it back down to another,"
Climber's Kit: gives +2 circumstance bonus to Climb
"and here are some grappling hooks and the coils of rope: we can fix this on the top or maybe somewhere along the way, to help with the climb."
2 grappling hooks and 4 silk ropes for 200 feet of rope (minus whatever is lost for tying them together etc.).

Then she pulls out a scroll with a flourish.
"Finally, if this cannot help and someone is really stuck, I can make one person fly for a few minutes... but I only have one scroll."

If a +2 gets you to 15 we pass the kit around ; otherwise we might be able to use the rope to reduce the DC ; finally: 1 Fly if really needed.

Grand Lodge

Gnome Ranger 6 (CORE) | HP 54/58 (1 NL) | AC 22* | T 15* | FF 19 | CMD 23* | Fort +7 | Ref +8* | Will +6 | +2 vs. illusion, +1 vs. mind-affecting spells/SLA (+2 if psychic), +1 vs. disease, +1 vs. distraction of swarms | Init +2 (+4 urban) | Perception +10 (+12 urban) (low-light vision) | Sense Motive +5 | Reroll 0/1 | Active Conditions: Haste(*), Longstrider

"I can still get up. Alright Zipper... let's go."

Chip climbs on top of Zipper and holds on tight while Zipper scales the wall.


Badger (RAGE(!)) | HD 4 | HP 38/42 (1 NL) | AC 20*#! | T 12*! (16 incorporeal)# | FF 15*! | CMD 20* (24 vs. trip) | Fort +7^! | Ref +5#^ (Evasion) | Will +3^! | Init +0^ (+2^ urban) | Perception +4^ (+6^ urban) (low-light vision, scent) | Rage 4/7 | Active Conditions: Endure Elements, Haste(*), Longstrider, Mage Armor(#), Sickened(^)

Zipper has a climb speed and can always take 10 for 25, so Chip is fine getting up himself.

Zipper starts climbing but Chip makes sure not to get too much ahead of the party.

The Exchange

Adept 6 AC16 (T16,FF13) CMD23| HP (0)44/44| F +7 R +7 W +10 | Init +2, Perc +11, Sense Motive +7 |

Ibaz knows its limit and when is not able to climb higher he waits for Parrim's help, with the ropes or with the climbing kit.

only +4 in climbing

Once he finished to climb he tries to recognize the statues.

Know. (religion): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 I don't recognize these statues...

He looks around Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17


Magnimar Lodge

Electra determines this temple once symbolized ascent to a sacred place: the temple to the mountain god Yamatsumi. However, there appear to be markings of a totally different deity now, one uncommonly known as Droskar. Unfortunately, Electra is less skilled at climbing and does not make it up even a bit on her first attempt.

Chip, after sliding down the first attempt on the stairs, mounts Zipper instead. Zipper is able to climb at a good rate (20' up per round, of the 60' ascent.)

Parrim and Oggil are able to climb up the steep stairs at quarter their normal speed (figure 15' up per round with DC15).

Those others still wanting to climb can do so at a crawl rate of 5' up without making a check but will take longer to reach the top (12 rounds at that rate).

Perception:

Oggil: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30
Electra: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30
Parrim: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19
Varian: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (18) + 18 = 36
Chip: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14 - +2 in urban
Ibaz: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

As Zipper is the first reaching the 40' altitude all in the group but the halflings hear some movement of metal grinding on stone above.

From Zipper's back, Chip sees the following...

Jagged and barbed iron sculptures of various sizes cover the floor of this large stone plateau.
A pair of wide stone stairs ascends to a balcony overhead.
Shattered pieces of intricately painted pottery and shreds of fine silk are piled along the walls.

Four pillars divide the space, holding aloft stone arches covered with pictograms.
A wide pair of iron doors bears a ruby-studded engraving of an inferno and a hefty iron lock.

At the sounds heard above, we are in rounds...

Initiative:

Oggil: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Electra: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Parrim: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Varian: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Chip: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 - +2 in urban
Ibaz: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

O: 1d20 ⇒ 8
S: 1d20 ⇒ 1
D: 1d20 ⇒ 10

=== Surprise Round===

Bold may go in surprise round...single move/action

24-Electra(0' up), Ibaz(0' up)
16-O()
15-Chip+Zip(40' up, surprised), Varian (0' up), Oggil (30' up)
10-Sculpture()
6-Parrim(30'up, surprised)

Scarab Sages

Dwarven monk-7; HP 48/67; Re-roll@+3 1/1; Stunning Fist 6/6 (DC17); Ki 4/7; Wand CLW 38/50; AC 19(23 w/mage armor; 28 w/barksin&SoF; 29 haste); Fort +9(+11 vs poison); Ref +9(evasion); Will +11(+9);Extra +2 vs spells, +4 vs enchantments; Init +4; Perc +14

Oggil will take the opportunity to scoot further up the stairs.

151 to 200 of 462 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Aarvid PFS #6-21: Tapestry’s Toil (CORE) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.