Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GM-8574: 1-35 Voice in the Void (2017)

Game Master Jason Lillis

Tabletop


1 to 50 of 113 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

“There’s trouble at the Blakros Museum again,” Venture- Captain Adril Hestram growled when you first entered the meeting room in the Grand Lodge earlier this afternoon...

Mission Briefing:
“I know, I know - it's as though you were just there. The museum’s curator, Nigel Aldain, came to me this morning asking for help. Apparently, a wayward daughter of his illustrious patrons, the powerful Blakros family, has disappeared, along with a few of the museum’s watchmen who went looking for her. The Society has helped him in the past, and he wants us to find her, before he loses his job, or worse. Now Nigel’s an old friend, and a former Pathfinder, but this kind of missing person case isn’t really our bailiwick. Normally I’d tell him to find the district guard and leave the Society out of it.

“But then he made me an offer that was too good to pass up. Not only will he allow the Society access to the Blakros Museum’s extensive and very private library, but apparently this same missing daughter just returned to Absalom with a pack full of ancient relics collected throughout Osirion and northern Garund. And Nigel promised the Society first pick of any of those pieces that catch our fancy. I don’t need to tell you what those kinds of things might be worth, so it looks like you’re heading to the Blakros Museum tonight.

“The missing daughter is named Imrizade Blakros—half-Osirian herself and a pretty successful adventurer and fortune- hunter by all accounts. She just arrived in Absalom out of the blue a few days ago, after a couple of years’ worth of tomb-raiding in the Osirian deserts, and carrying an odd metal cylinder covered in hieroglyphs, like nothing Nigel has ever seen before. Nigel says she went straight to the basement of the museum to do some research in the family’s library, muttering something about ‘whispers in the dark’ and ‘old tapestries,’ or something. He didn’t hear from her for a couple of days, which isn’t unusual when someone is deep into their research in the archives, but he got worried when strange noises started coming from the basement. He sent a watchman down there to investigate, and when he didn’t return, Nigel sent a few more. That was last night, and they haven’t come back up either.

“Go to the museum and find out what happened to Imrizade Blakros and the watchmen. Nigel would prefer them alive, of course, especially the Blakros woman, but the Society is more interested in what she brought back with her. I’ve got a hunch it wasn’t just grave goods and pretty jewelry. Whatever she found, the Society wants it, or at the very least some information about it.”

Before you are on your way to the Blackros museum, you can...

  • ...introduce yourselves to each other
  • ...ask Adril Hestram any additional questions you have
  • ...make a Knowledge(History) check about the background of the Blackros Museum
  • ...make a Knowledge(Local) or Diplomacy check to gather information about the Blackros family
  • ...purchase any necessary equipment
  • ...or ask me any OOC questions you might have!

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Infiltrator (Ranger) / 3rd | HP:27/27 | AC:20 T:14 FF:16 | CMB:5 CMD:19 | Saves F:+4 R:+7 W:+2 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+4 | Per: +9

A tall elf in a dark grey cloak with a bow slung over his shoulder, hides a frown as the Venture-Captain finishes his mission briefing. Flyn's a bit surprised at the tone of callousness as Captain Hestram describes the Society as being more interested in artifacts as opposed to the woman's well-being. Nonetheless, he's happy this mission brings him home to Absalom as the last two have been abroad, with the last being a physical and mental drain fighting demons in the current Mendevian Crusade...

"Sir, I've been to the museum once before...but never the basement. Does the curator have some reason to think the basement of his museum is dangerous? Just curious since he obviously doesn't feel comfortable checking it himself..."

Silver Crusade

Male LG Nagaji Scaled Fist 4 | HP 34/34 | AC 18(22), T 17, FF 15(19) | F +6, R +7, W +5 Init +2 | Perc +2 | Stunning Fist Uses 4/4 | Ki Pool 5/6 | AoO 1d20+11 d8+6

Narayan is a powerfully built Nagaji, broad enough to seem squat even though he's over 6' tall. He beams in delight with a mouth full of fangs when he sees the friends he already knows, and his greeting is still joyous for the friends he is now to learn of.

Narayan gives Captain Hestram a studiously blank look when he makes his priorities clear, but replies as if they had agreed the whole time.

Do not be troubled. We will return Imrizade Blakross and the guards who ssought her. Sso too we will sseek thiss ccylinder.

Gather Information: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Dark Archive

Male Dwarf Druid 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 17/12/15 | F+4 R+2 W+5 | CMD 14 | Init +2 | Perc +7

Grel is a dwarf with craggy skin on his face that seems as dry as an arid mountain side. Complete with cracked leather armor and a warhammer, he looks the part of an earthy dwarf.

We'll return with her and the artifacts, Venture-Captain. Is there anything more to the nature of cylinder or the research being conducted?

Grand Lodge

Female Human Hunter 1 hp 10/10 AC 16 T 12 FF 14; Init +2; Perc. +7; F 3; R 4; W 4 1st level spells 1/2, Goodberries 1/2 Map

Just before the briefing begins, a short woman wearing hide armor and somewhat overburdened with a variety of weapons, including nice composite bow, hurries in, somewhat breathless. "I just got word about a new assignment... Huff, huff. Got here as fast as I could. I'm Bernina Singer.... Huff, huff." She speaks with a Taldane accent.

She is barely 5 feet tall with curly brown-red hair tied into a pony-tail, green eyes (as in clover green, very striking), and skin that looks as if it prefers to burn rather than tan. Her pretty face is freckled and her clothes are marked by some burrs. She wears a broach with a jug overflowing with wine, the holy symbol of Halcamora. A sprig of holly adorns her hair on one side of her forehead.

Trailing her slightly is a lynx who remains quietly by her side during the briefing.

After the initial briefing statement, Bernina asks, "I've been in this museum before. Are there any creatures or dangerous artifacts we should know about in the basement?"

After the briefing, Bernina says, "Well, this will be the second time I've helped bail one of the Blakros daughters out of a jam, well two daughters, actually. We went into the museum and were transported into the realm of shadow. Nasty stuff in that parallel museum. Hope none of that is back. I understand you all were in there before as well, or at least some of you. I remember reading about it when I did a little follow-up research on the family; read the chronical describing your admirable work dealing with another dangerous artifact dragged back from Garund. Can't anyone bring back nice artifacts that turn spoiled fruit into delicious frozen drinks?"

She shuts up when she notices others exchanging wary glances and realizes she is talking too much, a habit when she is nervous.

Once conversation about the mission dies down, she points to the lynx and says, "This is Juki. She's been with me a while now. Don't worry, she's house trained, although she doesn't spend much time in houses; neither do I for that matter. I much prefer the outdoors, gardens, that kind of thing."
Diplomacy to gather information on Blakros family: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
No ranks in Knowledge (history) so this is in case a result of 10 might reveal anything:
Knowledge(history), untrained: 1d20 ⇒ 1
Feel free to look at Bernina's profile, including the spoilers for background and such. She's an open book and would reveal any of these things to anyone who asked.

Dark Archive

Male Dwarf Druid 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 17/12/15 | F+4 R+2 W+5 | CMD 14 | Init +2 | Perc +7

uh, yes my name is Grel. I didn't introduce myself, did I? Grel scratches the back of his head as he awkwardly give his name to the group. Grel regards the lynx, a creature who has spent time close to the earth and what it provides.

Grand Lodge

Female Human Hunter 1 hp 10/10 AC 16 T 12 FF 14; Init +2; Perc. +7; F 3; R 4; W 4 1st level spells 1/2, Goodberries 1/2 Map

To Grel, Bernina says, "If I read your clothing and weapons aright, you are a druid, no? Glad to have an ally of the Green Faith among us. Don't see many druid dwarves, I must say. I look forward to working with you."

Bernina purchases some cold iron arrows, silver arrows, a cold iron cutlass and a silver machete, wanting to be better prepared for strange creatures who require such special materials to damage them.

Dark Archive

Male Dwarf Druid 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 17/12/15 | F+4 R+2 W+5 | CMD 14 | Init +2 | Perc +7

Yes, thank you. Likewise. People don't normally understand.. this.

Sovereign Court

Female Dusk Elf Investigator Psychic Detective [L2] AC 15, T 13, FF 12 | F +0*/R+6/W+4 | HP 14/14 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Init +3 | Perception +7 | Condition: None

An elf stands taking notes into a small book, she seems to looking up at each of you and then making marks in her book. She has on a simple but well made uniform, with a dagger in one of her black boots.

She smaps her book closed looking up at the others.

"For those thst dont know me, im Lady Alya De Qill. I hsve been asked to assist you. I have... skills thay my aid you."

Kn History take 10 + 1d6 + 8 ⇒ 10 + (4) + 8 = 22

Silver Crusade

Male LG Nagaji Scaled Fist 4 | HP 34/34 | AC 18(22), T 17, FF 15(19) | F +6, R +7, W +5 Init +2 | Perc +2 | Stunning Fist Uses 4/4 | Ki Pool 5/6 | AoO 1d20+11 d8+6

Narayan goes around the group, greeting Grel, Bernina, Juki, and Flyndyngylyn with a slightly frightening smile, and a hearty arm clasp. There are sso many of you who revere the wild! What is natural in uss can bring much good, and there is sso much sstrength in wild things to help others.

Turning to Alya, he is more formal in his greeting. He's still excited, but he keeps his exuberance in check.
It is good to ssee you again, Alya De Qill.

Sovereign Court

Female Dusk Elf Investigator Psychic Detective [L2] AC 15, T 13, FF 12 | F +0*/R+6/W+4 | HP 14/14 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Init +3 | Perception +7 | Condition: None

She tilts her head to Narayan, Acknowledging his respect and she smiles at him, a sight not often seen.

"And you Narayan Singh, It is good to see you safe and well my friend. I heard you have been out on missions of late, it dose worry me that you may not be safe with out me by your side."

As that a joke! the stone maid make a joke?

Knowledge(Local) Takes 10 + 1d6 + 8 ⇒ 10 + (4) + 8 = 22 to check to gather information about the Blackros family

She pulls out another note book from a pouch and then opens it.

"If you all gather round, I have some information related to the background of the Blackros Museum and the Blackros family which may be of use to us."

GM she will pass on anything you post on the subjects from her rolls.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Infiltrator (Ranger) / 3rd | HP:27/27 | AC:20 T:14 FF:16 | CMB:5 CMD:19 | Saves F:+4 R:+7 W:+2 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+4 | Per: +9

Flyn smiles warmly at his new companions. He is not familiar with any of these though he has seen Bernina in the Grand Lodge a time or two...and a friend has mentioned Narayan to him.

"I'm afraid my given name can be a mouthful. Please, call me Flyn...

Narayan, our mutual friend Grynt did not exaggerate in his brief description of you...he said your fierceness and skill in battle was surpassed only by your warmth and compassion...

I look forward to working with you all..."

Grand Lodge

Female Human Hunter 1 hp 10/10 AC 16 T 12 FF 14; Init +2; Perc. +7; F 3; R 4; W 4 1st level spells 1/2, Goodberries 1/2 Map

Bernina greets each Pathfinder as each introduced himself or herself. She silently reviews each name in her head to make sure she remembers them all. Then she notes she is the only human. It feels strange to be a minority after living in Taldor all her life and mostly dealing with other humans. But that was one of the things that appealed to her about the Pathfinders: they seemed to be pulled from so many different places, races, and cultures. So far, as a Pathfinder she had not yet left Absalom but she felt she had already been to so many exotic places.

She listened up as Lady Qill started her briefing. She knew so little about Absalom and its people she felt kind of self-conscious, like a new student at a university. So much to learn.

Scarab Sages

Female Human Inquisitor 1/UMonk 1 [HP 16/16 | AC/ff/t 18/15/18 | F+5/R+4/W+5 | CMB +3 CMD 18 | Spd 30', Init +2, Per +11 | Judg 1/1, Spell 1/2, Move 5/6 | shield of faith ]

Rushing in is a short, wiry human woman in a form-hugging harness and leggings with a free-flowing white tunic tied with a long, red sturdy-looking scarf. She chuckles on seeing the room and makes a flying leap to land on Narayan's back. "Hey! I've been practicing," she responds with a bubbly familiarity and hops off.

Her hair is red and long, placed in a pair of braids today. Of note is an odd birthmark, a raggedy port-wine ring around her left eye. She looks around at the group. "Alya! Good to see you. So it's one more time into the museum?"

Looking around to the others, she adds, "I'm Tam. Copper Tam. Pleasure to meet you all!"

Gather Info: 1d20 ⇒ 10

Grand Lodge

Female Human Hunter 1 hp 10/10 AC 16 T 12 FF 14; Init +2; Perc. +7; F 3; R 4; W 4 1st level spells 1/2, Goodberries 1/2 Map

Bernina smiles and waves at Tam, happy to see one more added to the number. She notices an odd fact: half of the group is very tall, over six feet while the other half is around five feet or under. "A few things you should know about me," she offers. "I'm pretty good in a fight. I'm about equally good with weapons as with my bow, unless I cast gravity bow, which makes my arrows extra dangerous. I know a few spells. I can provide light, water, and a few others that are mostly useful in the wild. I have a wand that I can use to cure light wounds. Anyone who needs healing, I'm happy to put it to use. And in a pinch, for a short time, I can take on the aspect of an animal to help me become better at certain things. I can see in the dark like a bat or climb like a monkey, swim like a frog. That kind of thing. And Juki and I make a good team, flanking opponents and such. She can sometimes trip those she bites and can be very effective against small creatures like herself."

"Is there anything I should know about your special abilities?"

Dark Archive

Male Dwarf Druid 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 17/12/15 | F+4 R+2 W+5 | CMD 14 | Init +2 | Perc +7

I share your relationship with the earth and nature. I can bring forth animals from the aether as well as deliver glob of acid at range...It comes from my mouth.

Grel always stares too long and intensely at people when talking to them.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Infiltrator (Ranger) / 3rd | HP:27/27 | AC:20 T:14 FF:16 | CMB:5 CMD:19 | Saves F:+4 R:+7 W:+2 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+4 | Per: +9

Flyn nods and bows to the newcomer...

To Bernina, he shrugs. "I s'pose I'm good with a bow... I can shoot rapidly and neither firing into a melee nor soft cover affect my shooting...I can scout as well and I'm pretty good at disabling traps and such...and I can see in pitch dark for a limited time..."

He smiles and shrugs again in what he hopes is a humble manner...

Silver Crusade

Male LG Nagaji Scaled Fist 4 | HP 34/34 | AC 18(22), T 17, FF 15(19) | F +6, R +7, W +5 Init +2 | Perc +2 | Stunning Fist Uses 4/4 | Ki Pool 5/6 | AoO 1d20+11 d8+6

Unh. Your practicce has born fruit, Copper Tam, Narayan grunts as she leaps on and then off of him. Even so, Narayan's broad smile somehow manages to widen once more when he sees Copper Tam.

Joy is my greatesst sstrength.
But do not worry, in times of danger, I will make ccertain that creatures are granted the peacce that they deserve.


Hestram turns to Flyn, and scoffs, "Well, if four of my watchmen went missing, I'd start wondering what mischief was happening there, too. I'll confess that it's been years since I've been in the basement library, but then it was mostly a large collection tomes, and the only reason to ever come out was to get a breath of fresh air or to head off on the next expedition."

Regarding the cylinder: "No, those details are all we've received, nothing else. Hells, we're lucky to have a general description of the damned thing. Or blessed. Who knows which, coming from Osirion?"

Narayan (Gather Information check):
Though much of this is information you have recently gleaned from first-hand experience with the family museum, you learn that the wealthy and prominent Blakros family is a large, extended clan of eccentrics with trade contacts rivaling those of the Aspis Consortium who make most of their money selling valuable antiquities across the Taldor-Qadira border. Their daughters are known far and wide for their beauty, and marrying a Blakros woman is a sure path to power and riches.

Rumored to be originally Taldan by blood, the Blakros have since intermingled with bloodlines from all over Golarion, by marrying daughters to a succession of Qadiran trade princes, Vudran rajahs, and even the occasional Tian noble and Mwangi chief. Gifts from these foreign potentates (and the sale of illicitly gained secrets) provide the foundation for the Blakros fortune and their famous collections.

In reality, it is the many daughters who bear the Blakros name that are responsible for the family’s wealth. Although beautiful and amazingly fertile, wedding a Blakros daughter has significant conditions—the daughters always keep their maiden name, all children must be raised as Blakroses, and the husband’s family must offer a considerable dowry for the privilege of marriage. Once married, the Blakros daughters join an unparalleled spy network that keeps the family well supplied in secrets and priceless artifacts.

Bernina (Diplomacy, Knowledge(History) Checks):
Unfortunately, your attempts to gather more information run into walls, or perhaps you simply picked up the wrong book at one point or another.

Lady Alya relates the following about the Blackros Museum: In the early days of Absalom, the Blakros Museum was originally the stronghold of an eccentric wizard. Abandoned for centuries, it was later bought by the Blakros family, who turned it into a museum for their impressive collection of curiosities from across Golarion. The mad astrologer Ralzeros the Overwatched built what is now the Blakros Museum thousands of years ago, as an observatory to study distant worlds (and some say, to be studied by them). He later disappeared following a mage-duel with another of Absalom’s early wizards.

As to the Blackros family itself, Lady Alya also shares that the wealthy and prominent Blakros family is a large, extended clan of eccentrics with trade contacts rivaling those of the Aspis Consortium who make most of their money selling valuable antiquities across the Taldor-Qadira border. Their daughters are known far and wide for their beauty, and marrying a Blakros woman is a sure path to power and riches. Rumored to be originally Taldan by blood, the Blakros have since intermingled with bloodlines from all over Golarion, by marrying daughters to a succession of Qadiran trade princes, Vudran rajahs, and even the occasional Tian noble and Mwangi chief. Gifts from these foreign potentates (and the sale of illicitly gained secrets) provide the foundation for the Blakros fortune and their famous collections.

Let me know if you need anything else before approaching the museum!

Dark Archive

Male Dwarf Druid 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 17/12/15 | F+4 R+2 W+5 | CMD 14 | Init +2 | Perc +7

That's helpful. Seems ironic that such a group of the earth would be at odds with astrologers. I'm ready for the museum.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Infiltrator (Ranger) / 3rd | HP:27/27 | AC:20 T:14 FF:16 | CMB:5 CMD:19 | Saves F:+4 R:+7 W:+2 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+4 | Per: +9

Flyn bites his tongue in response to the dismissive Venture-Captain, thinking If I'd sent my people down there and they didn't return, I'd bloody go down there myself...just wondering why he didn't...

He smiles and bows curtly. "As you say, sir. With your permission, we'll be on our way..."

Flyn says nothing else, waiting till the others are ready...

Grand Lodge

Female Human Hunter 1 hp 10/10 AC 16 T 12 FF 14; Init +2; Perc. +7; F 3; R 4; W 4 1st level spells 1/2, Goodberries 1/2 Map

After hearing Lady Qill's report on the Blakros family, Bernina says, "They say every rich family has a skeleton in their closet. I wouldn't be surprised if we come upon an ossuary in some Blakros closet. Let's get to it."

Bernina will also pick up two flasks each of holy water, alchemists fire, and acid. With that she is ready to start the run.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Nagaji Scaled Fist 4 | HP 34/34 | AC 18(22), T 17, FF 15(19) | F +6, R +7, W +5 Init +2 | Perc +2 | Stunning Fist Uses 4/4 | Ki Pool 5/6 | AoO 1d20+11 d8+6

Narayan will prepare against threats to mind and soul before departing.

Scroll of 6xProtection from Evil for 1 PP

Sovereign Court

Female Dusk Elf Investigator Psychic Detective [L2] AC 15, T 13, FF 12 | F +0*/R+6/W+4 | HP 14/14 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Init +3 | Perception +7 | Condition: None

Closes her note book once done and puts it away. She nods at Tam.

"Good to see you Again Tam"

Dark Archive

Male Dwarf Druid 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 17/12/15 | F+4 R+2 W+5 | CMD 14 | Init +2 | Perc +7

How we doin?

Grand Lodge

Female Human Hunter 1 hp 10/10 AC 16 T 12 FF 14; Init +2; Perc. +7; F 3; R 4; W 4 1st level spells 1/2, Goodberries 1/2 Map

I will be going out of town camping with little likelihood of having wifi from Thursday morning to Saturday night. GM can 'bot me as needed.


Hi, everyone. Sorry for my absence, due to the holiday weekend and family needs. However, it would also appear that my last post from the weekend didn't actually post, so I'm going to try to re-create it here. My apologies.

You proceed to the Blakros Museum, where you are greeted by a clearly flustered Nigel Aldain, the curator of the museum. He ushers you straight away to the North Exhibit Hall and opens a secret door in the ziggurat there to reveal a ramp down into the library below. "So good of Adril to send help so quickly. I'm glad that your recent exploits on behalf of both the society and our humble collection here have garnered good will on both sides. I don't know much more than I told Adril, which I"m sure he passed along to you. There are five rooms below, mostly storage before you reach the library. It is quite dark - you'll need light if you aren't an orc or their like."

He points down the ramp. "Well, Desna smile on you, Pathfinders. I'll wait for you here."

Tabletop is here - please bookmark!

You reach the bottom of the ramp, and find doors to your left and right.

Tell me if you light a torch or other light source. Which door do you check or open first?

Sovereign Court

Female Dusk Elf Investigator Psychic Detective [L2] AC 15, T 13, FF 12 | F +0*/R+6/W+4 | HP 14/14 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Init +3 | Perception +7 | Condition: None

Greets Nigel Aldain as they get there and hands over a letter from Adril, telling of who they are and why.

"Thank you Curator Aldain's, please lead the way to the rooms where there seems to be a problem."

As they are show the ramp and head down she casts two small spells

detect-psychic-significance Them detect-magic

Silver Crusade

Male LG Nagaji Scaled Fist 4 | HP 34/34 | AC 18(22), T 17, FF 15(19) | F +6, R +7, W +5 Init +2 | Perc +2 | Stunning Fist Uses 4/4 | Ki Pool 5/6 | AoO 1d20+11 d8+6

Left is always right.

Narayan sets his wayfinder alight, and is about to open the left door when he recalls the troubles caused by bulling ahead the last time he was in this museum.

Alya DeQill, would you please examine thiss door?

Sovereign Court

Female Dusk Elf Investigator Psychic Detective [L2] AC 15, T 13, FF 12 | F +0*/R+6/W+4 | HP 14/14 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Init +3 | Perception +7 | Condition: None

With the aid of her two spells she studied the door. Perseption 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Infiltrator (Ranger) / 3rd | HP:27/27 | AC:20 T:14 FF:16 | CMB:5 CMD:19 | Saves F:+4 R:+7 W:+2 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+4 | Per: +9

Drawing his bow, Flyn checks the door, and nods to Narayan. "I'll cover you my friend, when you wish to enter..."

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

Sovereign Court

Female Dusk Elf Investigator Psychic Detective [L2] AC 15, T 13, FF 12 | F +0*/R+6/W+4 | HP 14/14 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Init +3 | Perception +7 | Condition: None

She steps back as Flyndynghlny steps in front of her, blocking her spells and work on the door. An eye brow goes up at his rash behavior. She glumly glanced over at Narayan with a resigned smile. As if to say Here we go again

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Infiltrator (Ranger) / 3rd | HP:27/27 | AC:20 T:14 FF:16 | CMB:5 CMD:19 | Saves F:+4 R:+7 W:+2 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+4 | Per: +9

Flyn notices the other Elf's eyebrow arching as he goes to the door. "Excuse me, ma'am, I thought you were finished with the door..." He shrugs. "...looks fine by me and time may be of the essence if we are to rescue the woman."

Dark Archive

Male Dwarf Druid 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 17/12/15 | F+4 R+2 W+5 | CMD 14 | Init +2 | Perc +7

Grel probes the spirit realm beyond the door.

Spirit Sense (Sp): At 1st level, a menhir savant can detect the presence of undead; fey; outsiders; and astral, ethereal, or incorporeal creatures. This ability functions like detect undead, and the druid detects all of these creatures rather than trying to detect one kind.

Eager to pop off, Flynn?

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Infiltrator (Ranger) / 3rd | HP:27/27 | AC:20 T:14 FF:16 | CMB:5 CMD:19 | Saves F:+4 R:+7 W:+2 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+4 | Per: +9

Flyn looks at the druid. "I'm eager to try to rescue the Blakros woman, if that's what you mean...how 'bout you?"

Dark Archive

Male Dwarf Druid 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 17/12/15 | F+4 R+2 W+5 | CMD 14 | Init +2 | Perc +7

Take it easy, lad. My jokes go over like a stone, it seems.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Infiltrator (Ranger) / 3rd | HP:27/27 | AC:20 T:14 FF:16 | CMB:5 CMD:19 | Saves F:+4 R:+7 W:+2 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+4 | Per: +9

Flyn grins widely at Grel. "My apologies, my friend...after offending the lady just now, wasn't quite sure if you were joking or not...

You remind me of a dwarven warrior I became friends with on my first venture...he too had a subtle way with humor and I've missed it..."

Silver Crusade

Male LG Nagaji Scaled Fist 4 | HP 34/34 | AC 18(22), T 17, FF 15(19) | F +6, R +7, W +5 Init +2 | Perc +2 | Stunning Fist Uses 4/4 | Ki Pool 5/6 | AoO 1d20+11 d8+6

Assuming no one spotted anything particularly gnarly...

We musst hassten with care.

Narayan opens the door, his stance wide as he prepares to block anything from charging his friends.

Sovereign Court

Female Dusk Elf Investigator Psychic Detective [L2] AC 15, T 13, FF 12 | F +0*/R+6/W+4 | HP 14/14 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Init +3 | Perception +7 | Condition: None

checks her dagger in her boot, then brings light cross bow up pointing at the door.

"Shall we?"

She says indicating with her hand for the others to enter.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Infiltrator (Ranger) / 3rd | HP:27/27 | AC:20 T:14 FF:16 | CMB:5 CMD:19 | Saves F:+4 R:+7 W:+2 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+4 | Per: +9

Flyn, bow in hand, will follow after Narayan, and cover his advance from just within the doorway...

Dark Archive

Male Dwarf Druid 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 17/12/15 | F+4 R+2 W+5 | CMD 14 | Init +2 | Perc +7

A trait shared by my race, it seems. We are not the most amiable, by nature.


Alya and Flyn do not hear anything before Narayan pushes the door open, nor do they notice anything amiss with the door.

The doors open with a grinding creak, revealing a large room filled with monsters of all shapes and sizes. Giant skeletons and stuffed taxidermic monstrosities are frozen in poses of snarling ferocity, while mummified corpses lie in sedate repose in ornately carved sarcophagi. As silent as a tomb, the air in the hall is stale and musty.

This chamber has a 20-foot-high ceiling and contains the assembled skeletons and taxidermic specimens of a variety of beasts, dinosaurs, and other monstrosities. Two large wooden signs lean against one wall, inscribed with the captions “Hunting the Beasts of Legend” and “The Honored Dead.” Unlit oil lamps hang from brackets in the center of each wall. A door in the southern wall holds a sign labeled “Storeroom 3.”

Grel is first warned of a impending danger when his senses reveal the aura of an undead creature in the room - moments before a skeletal figure rises to confront you!

Initiative:

Alya: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Bernina: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Copper: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Flyn: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Grel: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Narayan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
ENEMY: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Order:
Flyn
Copper
ENEMY
Grel
Alya
Bernina
Narayan

Surprise round!
Grel

Round 1!
Flyn
Copper
ENEMY
Grel
Alya
Bernina
Narayanl

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Infiltrator (Ranger) / 3rd | HP:27/27 | AC:20 T:14 FF:16 | CMB:5 CMD:19 | Saves F:+4 R:+7 W:+2 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+4 | Per: +9

Assuming Grel, Flyn, and Copper can act now...is there a map?

Upon seeing it rise up, Flyn will quickly fire two blunt arrows at the skeletal creature...

Rapid Shot 1 w/ Longbow: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18 (base/dex + MW bow + PBS + favored enemy - rapid shot)

Bludgeoning Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 (strength + PBS + favored enemy)

Rapid Shot 2 w/Longbow: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

Bludgeoning Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Sovereign Court

Female Dusk Elf Investigator Psychic Detective [L2] AC 15, T 13, FF 12 | F +0*/R+6/W+4 | HP 14/14 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Init +3 | Perception +7 | Condition: None

GM posted this map link a few posts back MAP

Moves into the room and behind a stuffed Dino. Goes for cover

Dark Archive

Male Dwarf Druid 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 17/12/15 | F+4 R+2 W+5 | CMD 14 | Init +2 | Perc +7

Grel moves into the room to confirm his senses: big ol' skellie.


Flyn's arrows strike home on the creature's ribs and shoulders, and you hear a pair of mighty cracks when they hit.

Round 1 - continued
Copper
ENEMY
Grel
Alya
Bernina
Narayan

Dark Archive

Male Dwarf Druid 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 17/12/15 | F+4 R+2 W+5 | CMD 14 | Init +2 | Perc +7

should we all act?

Scarab Sages

Female Human Inquisitor 1/UMonk 1 [HP 16/16 | AC/ff/t 18/15/18 | F+5/R+4/W+5 | CMB +3 CMD 18 | Spd 30', Init +2, Per +11 | Judg 1/1, Spell 1/2, Move 5/6 | shield of faith ]

Copper bursts into action, leaping through the door and barreling toward the skeleton. "I hate it when you guys animate!" she calls exasperatedly. Her sash unfurls from around her body as he twists in the air, snaking the end of her garment out to strike at the skeleton.

Activate Relentless Footing for +10' move, move 40' while drawing weapon, attack with weapon.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Sovereign Court

Female Dusk Elf Investigator Psychic Detective [L2] AC 15, T 13, FF 12 | F +0*/R+6/W+4 | HP 14/14 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Init +3 | Perception +7 | Condition: None

Lady Alya looks to the walls, there was a very nice skull of some beat on a shelf.

Humm that will do nicely

She reached out her hand as if to grasp it from and distance and then saying "Move" she moved her hand and with it the skill off the shelf and at the walking bones.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 miss

But seen to her there was a wire holding it in place, the skill moved but then stopped and fell to the wall dangling.

"Humm!"

She huffs in frustration


Copper explodes into the room, but unfortunately her acrobatic display fails to land a blow against the skeletal monstrosity.

It responds by clacking bones and launching a flurry of claws and beak at Copper!

Claw 1 ATK: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 - Miss
Claw 1 DAM: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Claw 2 ATK: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 - Miss
Claw 2 DAM: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Bite ATK: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 - HIT!
Bite DAM: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Round 1 - continued
Grel
Alya - Miss
Bernina
Narayan

1 to 50 of 113 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM-8574: 1-35 Voice in the Void (2017) - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.