Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

[GD6] PFS #6-10 The Wounded Wisp [1-2] (Inactive)

Game Master hiyami


1 to 50 of 245 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

Maps: MotFF || CC || WW

If you have been selected to play in this game, please post here. Once your post has been submitted and saved, please delete it. This will keep the thread clean, but still add it to your campaigns tab.


Maps: MotFF || CC || WW

You have been stationed at the Grand Lodge in Absalom, awaiting assignment for a mission of utmost importance. Things finally seemed in motion when Venture-Captain Drandle Dreng sent out a summons for available agents. Specialized in the history of Absalom, Dreng is known for putting off-duty agents to work on sundry tasks when he finds them resting within the city’s limits.

Coming to the meeting place - an odd choice of venue, as it is a street corner far from the Grand Lodge. The only figure visible in the constant drizzle is a lone beggar, dressed in baggy clothes that huddles against a wall.

Feel free to start posting and introducing yourselves. Also, please update this slide with your information! c:

Grand Lodge

male Grippli
Spoiler:
AC 14/T12/FF12 HP 10 F+4 R+2 W+6 Init +2 Perception +8
Inquisitor 1

Glok Longtongue is a young grippli, about 2`1`` with maybe 35 pounds. His skin is fiery red with golden dots and great golden eyes.
In private he wears well made green tunic and baggy pants, with a brown trim and a green cap with a pink feather.
But if he on a mission, he wears a well made explorers outfit consisting of a green cotton shirt, leather vest and soft boots and gloves of deerskin, together with a breastplate, a buckler showing Erastils holy symbol, a rapier and a few daggers.
His voice is a throaty croaking and he smells always a bit of fresh water.

Silver Crusade

Female Ifrit LG Gunslinger (Mysterious Stranger) 1 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | HP 12/12 | F +3 R +5 W -1 (+1 vs charm or compulsion) | CMB+0, CMD 13 | Init +7 | Perc +3 darkvision 60' | SM -1 | Grit 4/4

A young woman leads a pack mule through the grey drizzle towards the meeting place...

She is a lithe, lightly-built woman clad in a revealing brightly coloured outfit that allows her maximum freedom. A light leather cuirass provides some protection. Her skin is the colour of warm honey, her eyes appear to hold living flames, her hair is long and blue-black like coal. A colourful scarf keeps her hair out of her face and conceals two small horns that grow from her brow. Aside from her colouration and horns her features are Varisian.

A pistol and a powder horn are at her hips within easy reach.

She reaches the street corner, and muses aloud "Oh, is this the place? I hope I didn't get lost!"

Grand Lodge

Male CG Human (Tien) Oracle (Pei Zin Practicioner) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 15 (11 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 11 | F: +0, R: +1, W: +4 | Init: +1 | Perc: +2, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Healer's Way: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

Liao is a man of obvious Tian descent (Tian-Dtang for those who would know or care about the difference.) He is middle aged and balding, with his remaining hair pulled back in a braid. His lamellar armor is obviously of his homeland, and his spear is unremarkable, but he wears a number of pouches, that smell of various plants and herbs.

"It would seem that I am the victim of some prank, and that I was not the only one so victimized."


Maps: MotFF || CC || WW

After a handful of cold, drizzly minutes, the beggar leaves the wall and comes closer before sticking his hand out for currency. "Have you any coin to spare, fine folk?"

The question hangs in the air for only a scant moment before the figure pulls back his hood to reveal the wizened face of Venture-Captain Drandle Dreng. He gives a crooked smile, soaked head to toe from his unprotected time in the rain. His clothes smell faintly of cabbage.

“Sorry about that,” he says with a wink. “I always like to play a little joke on agents when I stumble across them during my jaunts into town. Now, why did I summon you fine folk here again…?” Dreng shakes his head from side to side, as though trying to knock water out of his ears, despite the constant downpour.

He then pauses, frowning slightly. "Wait a minute, I thought I summoned six of you?" Looking at each of your faces, he asks, "Do you happen to know where your fellow agents are? No, I suppose the list wasn't made public, exactly... Does anyone know Dinomite, Ystrizz, or... hmmm, what was that man's name? Ah! Arrack? Stormstriker! Anyone?"

I'm going to give it just one more day for people to check in or let me know what's going on. c:

Dark Archive

HP 17/17; AC 13/13/10; f 5, r 7, w 2; bab 1, melee +1, ranged +4; cmb 1, cmd 14; init +3; bomb 5/5 1d6+3, 4 splash DC14; wclw 50; folio reroll 1/1 | ratfolk alchemist (grenadier, inspired chemist) / 2 | -23
skills:
appraise 8, craft alchemy 7, disable 7+2, escape 3, heal 5, know local 6 perc 5, slt of hand 7, stlth 3, umd 5

"I'm here!" says a voice coming from somewhere around mid-thigh level on DReng. A cloaked form, about 2 1/2' tall, steps out of the shadows nearby.. He sniffs the air and wrinkles his nose, winces. He takes a couple of steps back from Dreng... [b]"You should burn those clothes when you're done here."

He pauses a moment, then asks curiously, "So why DID you summon us here in the middle of the night.. in the rain no less... do you KNOW what wet rat smells like? whew... almost as bad as those rags you're wearing."

Grand Lodge

male Grippli
Spoiler:
AC 14/T12/FF12 HP 10 F+4 R+2 W+6 Init +2 Perception +8
Inquisitor 1

Glok hops up once, showing that he does not know."Froag, do not know them. Haven´t seen them!"

Silver Crusade

Female Ifrit LG Gunslinger (Mysterious Stranger) 1 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | HP 12/12 | F +3 R +5 W -1 (+1 vs charm or compulsion) | CMB+0, CMD 13 | Init +7 | Perc +3 darkvision 60' | SM -1 | Grit 4/4

"Oh hello Captain Dreng! No, I don't know those people. Hi everyone! I'm Effie, I'm a sharpshooter!"


Maps: MotFF || CC || WW

"Well, at least there are four of you," he says, perhaps a bit disgruntled. He nods at Effie in acknowledgement and then shakes his head a bit, saying, "I hope the others catch up."

He considers the task at hand, preparing to answer Ystrizz's questions, and says. "What did I call you for...? Ah! Yes, the Wounded Wisp! I’m undercover now and can’t stray far from the site I’m watching, but I need someone to retrieve a package for me from that fine establishment. It’s among Absalom’s most storied taverns, you see, and one that holds a special place of privilege in the Society’s lore as the place where the organization began. Well, I could drone on and on about it, but standing out in the rain is doing none of us any favors.” As if anticipating agreement, the bedraggled venture-captain produces a small slip of folded paper from one of his many stitched pockets. Dreng quickly shows a glimpse of the page’s contents: a map detailing the location of the Wounded Wisp bar.

“The bartender is a woman by the name of Heryn Gale, a fine lady who came to own the Wisp after the passing of her father from -- oh, bah, it’s really getting too cold for me to give a proper history lesson! If you could just go to the Wisp, and tell Heryn you’re there to pick up my parcel, it would be most appreciated. I’ll be around here for several more hours at least.”

Please roll Knowledge (geography or local) for directions to the Wounded Wisp and feel free to ask Dreng some questions!

Grand Lodge

male Grippli
Spoiler:
AC 14/T12/FF12 HP 10 F+4 R+2 W+6 Init +2 Perception +8
Inquisitor 1

KnowLocal: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Glok gives an odor like cinnamon, showing that he is amused. "Well, Master Dreng, froak,what will happen there!"

Silver Crusade

Female Ifrit LG Gunslinger (Mysterious Stranger) 1 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | HP 12/12 | F +3 R +5 W -1 (+1 vs charm or compulsion) | CMB+0, CMD 13 | Init +7 | Perc +3 darkvision 60' | SM -1 | Grit 4/4

"Er, Captain Dreng sir? Master Shaine told me directly that the Society was founded at the Pig's Paunch. Not this Wounded Wisp. But I'd be happy to go get your parcel. Um, why does this parcel need so many pathfinders to fetch? I suppose I'd better bring Finn here!" Effie gestures towards her pack mule with a grin.


Maps: MotFF || CC || WW

"Oh, it was," Valsin acknowledges Effie's point. "But the Wounded Wisp was where they all met up before everything was made up all nice and official." He chuckles at her mention of the mule before explaining the parcel: “Before you judge, despite my current attire, I’m still a man of taste. The parcel is actually a special vintage of wine from the cellar of the Wounded Wisp. I’ve been sampling their finer wines in descending order of bottling. I dare not disappear from my current role in this district, but I also would appreciate some comfort items. After all, I doubt anyone would judge a supposed beggar sipping from a bottle of wine.”

DC 10 Knowledge (history):
The Wounded Wisp was a bar once frequented by the original members of the Pathfinder Society before the Society was even formed. Inside the Wisp, acquaintances would share stories about their adventurous exploits with one another.

DC 15 Knowledge (history):
Many volumes of the Pathfinder Chronicles came together under the Wisp’s roof. Famous Pathfinders like Eando Kline and the Seeker Osprey often stopped by for a drink while they relaxed in Absalom between assignments. Though not officially affiliated with the Society, the bar maintains good relations with Pathfinders, offering discounts and prompt service. The owners have always kept themselves and the Wisp afloat through the generosity of Society agents who spend coin at the establishment.

DC 20 Knowledge (history):
Selmius Foster was one of the founding members of the Pathfinder Society, known to have frequented the Wisp often and occasionally taken up residence in a spare room between his travels. His celebrated exploits first appeared in Volume 1 of the Pathfinder Chronicles.

DC 25 Knowledge (history):
Following the death of Selmius Foster on the island of Bhopan, his assistant Adolphus made several donations to maintain one of his mentor’s favorite sites. The exact arrangement between Adolphus and the owners of the Wisp was never disclosed, but it is said that some of this gold came from the same fortune that Adolphus used to found the Pathfinder lodge in Quantium.

Grand Lodge

Male CG Human (Tien) Oracle (Pei Zin Practicioner) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 15 (11 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 11 | F: +0, R: +1, W: +4 | Init: +1 | Perc: +2, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Healer's Way: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

"I suppose this errand will at least get us out of the rain for a while." Liao doesn't do a god job covering up that he isn't very happy about being summoned in the rain for this errand.

Silver Crusade

Female Ifrit LG Gunslinger (Mysterious Stranger) 1 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | HP 12/12 | F +3 R +5 W -1 (+1 vs charm or compulsion) | CMB+0, CMD 13 | Init +7 | Perc +3 darkvision 60' | SM -1 | Grit 4/4

know.history, untrained: 1d20 ⇒ 18 = 10

"Oh, I remember this tavern being named in an old story I heard at the lodge. So is it far from here? Anyone know?"

Effie doesn't seem to bothered by the rain, she's excited to be helping even if the "mission" appears entirely trivial.


Maps: MotFF || CC || WW

"That page I slipped you ought to have sufficient directions," Dreng says. "But if nothing else, I'm sure you'll find it, just by poking around a little."

As Dreng had said, the map is sufficient between the little pictures and the written directions so it doesn’t take you long to arrive.

As you approach, you can see that the Wounded Wisp is the image of an iconic bar from the dark, discolored wood to the stained and barred windows that obscure direct vision into the establishment. There’s a thick wooden sign hanging from above the bar’s entrance that declares its name to passers by. There’s a brass ring fitted onto the sign, on which a lit lantern is anchored.

Inside, a long wooden hallway leads north into the building itself, the walls covered in numerous decorations and trophies left by successful Pathfinders who’ve donated minor paraphernalia to the bar. There’s a large closet on the right being manned by a teenager - a coat check where patrons can safely leave any equipment and coats they don’t want to lug with them in the bar.

The main hall, though, is where the smell of smoke and spilled ale assails the senses in this wide-open area. Walls of dark-stained wood make up the sides of the Wounded Wisp, while well-used wooden tables are spread throughout the space. A raised area in the back of the establishment houses several additional tables and eating areas for groups seeking more than just a good drink.

An austere bar supported by kegs instead of wooden panels commands the northern end of the room. A stained-glass cabinet stands behind the bar, its dark panes cracked in several spots, yet not so opaque as to conceal the several dozen types of hard liquor within.

There are a handful of different groups already relaxing around the bar, enjoying drink and food offered by the Wisp’s staff.

Grand Lodge

male Grippli
Spoiler:
AC 14/T12/FF12 HP 10 F+4 R+2 W+6 Init +2 Perception +8
Inquisitor 1

Looking around for a moment or two, Glok jumps on a stool at the bar and orders a cider. Tasting the sweet watered down applewine he looks around for any special people worth meeting!

Grand Lodge

Male CG Human (Tien) Oracle (Pei Zin Practicioner) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 15 (11 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 11 | F: +0, R: +1, W: +4 | Init: +1 | Perc: +2, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Healer's Way: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

As he enters, Laio tries to shake some of the rain off of his armor and clothing, and squeezes water from his braid before walking into the more proper portion of the bar. He immediately starts looking for anyone who might work here and be able to point him towards the package they are supposed to pick up.

Laio is a confirmation veteran...just in case that might be important. A description from our version of confirmation. "Just then, the beast cuts Janira twice with its axe, dropping her in a bloody pool that looks like it might have left the halfling in more than one piece." She did end up living, and Laio healed her back to consciousness.

Silver Crusade

Female Ifrit LG Gunslinger (Mysterious Stranger) 1 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | HP 12/12 | F +3 R +5 W -1 (+1 vs charm or compulsion) | CMB+0, CMD 13 | Init +7 | Perc +3 darkvision 60' | SM -1 | Grit 4/4

"Hey, pssst! Old guy with the braid! You gonna tell us your name?"

Effie winks and smiles a friendly grin at the 'old man.'

"Hey, barkeep! An ale for me and for the old guy, and whatever Ystrizz and Froag here want to drink!"

First time I've had coin in a while, might as well enjoy it! This seems like a nice place.

Grand Lodge

Male CG Human (Tien) Oracle (Pei Zin Practicioner) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 15 (11 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 11 | F: +0, R: +1, W: +4 | Init: +1 | Perc: +2, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Healer's Way: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

"I am Liao Shénnóng, although I do believe there will be more time to introduce ourselves once this fools errand is done. Summoned into the rain in the middle of the night in order to fetch a drink? I am a renowned practitioner of medicine, not a barmaid." In his rage at the perceived insult, he doesn't take notice of whether the barmaid working this establishment shows offense at his comment.

Dark Archive

HP 17/17; AC 13/13/10; f 5, r 7, w 2; bab 1, melee +1, ranged +4; cmb 1, cmd 14; init +3; bomb 5/5 1d6+3, 4 splash DC14; wclw 50; folio reroll 1/1 | ratfolk alchemist (grenadier, inspired chemist) / 2 | -23
skills:
appraise 8, craft alchemy 7, disable 7+2, escape 3, heal 5, know local 6 perc 5, slt of hand 7, stlth 3, umd 5

Ystrizz wanders in with the others, looking around in wonder at all the donated items bedecking the walls.... once inside the bar proper, he hops up on a barstool, orders a mug of whatever is tasty and sweet... mead or cider would work! He asks the bartender. "Would you be Miss Gale, and if not, can you direct me to her please?"


Maps: MotFF || CC || WW

There’s a young woman (black) working the bar, pouring drinks, coordinating the wait staff, and chatting to those sitting on the stools before her. From Dreng’s description, you assume this is Heryn Gale. Her service is quick and easy as she deliver's Glok's drinks as well as Effie's requested beverages.

Around the bar, you can see that there’s a halfling (blue) perched atop the single round table in the corner, telling stories to a group of what looks to be new field agents. From the interest in their expressions, it’s apparent that the woman has a clear talent for oratory. Towards the center of the bar, two visibly similar half-orcs (green) are both drinking from mugs of ale as they discuss - somewhat loudly - the merits of ranged weapons. As if in contrast, there’s an older man (pink) sipping from an oversized flagon of ale while reading through a large and ominous-looking tome. Only the occasional wince when the half-orc twins guffaw particularly loudly belies any discomfort. In the other corner of the room, a dark haired man (orange) drinks from his tankard as he simply enjoys the ambiance of the bar.

When Ystrizz steps up to speak to the bartender, the woman pauses as she passes the cider along. "I am she," she says, an inquisitive look in her eye. "What can I help you with?"

Slides updated! Please place your tokens! c: Also, thank you Liao - I'll keep that in mind!

#5-08:
If you have completed #5-08, you recognize the halfling woman as Janira Gavix from your Confirmation.

Dark Archive

HP 17/17; AC 13/13/10; f 5, r 7, w 2; bab 1, melee +1, ranged +4; cmb 1, cmd 14; init +3; bomb 5/5 1d6+3, 4 splash DC14; wclw 50; folio reroll 1/1 | ratfolk alchemist (grenadier, inspired chemist) / 2 | -23
skills:
appraise 8, craft alchemy 7, disable 7+2, escape 3, heal 5, know local 6 perc 5, slt of hand 7, stlth 3, umd 5

"Ah! I was hoping you were she! Just the person my friends and I came to see. I am Jack, and Master Dreng sent us to collect a package for him. "


Maps: MotFF || CC || WW

“Oh, that?" she says, understanding evident in her expression. "Not a problem - if you don’t mind waiting, that is. I can take you down to snag it, but you’ll have to wait a bit until my replacement arrives. Why don’t you take a bit to get in a few drinks and beg some stories from the other Pathfinder Agents here?” she suggests, a glimmer of mischief in her eyes. “I’ve certainly heard a few interesting bits myself.” Then, smoothly returning to business, she adds, “What can I get you? These’ll be on me -- for the wait.”

Dark Archive

HP 17/17; AC 13/13/10; f 5, r 7, w 2; bab 1, melee +1, ranged +4; cmb 1, cmd 14; init +3; bomb 5/5 1d6+3, 4 splash DC14; wclw 50; folio reroll 1/1 | ratfolk alchemist (grenadier, inspired chemist) / 2 | -23
skills:
appraise 8, craft alchemy 7, disable 7+2, escape 3, heal 5, know local 6 perc 5, slt of hand 7, stlth 3, umd 5

"SUre, a little wait is no problem.. this is an interesting place with lots of folk I'd like to meet... I'll just circulate until you're ready... and I'll have something cool and sweet - I'll let you surprise me!"

Grand Lodge

male Grippli
Spoiler:
AC 14/T12/FF12 HP 10 F+4 R+2 W+6 Init +2 Perception +8
Inquisitor 1

Buying another mug of cider Glok hops to the halfling woman and gives her the mug.Froak, Janira, long time no see. I hope you had many children in the meantime!" Hopping on a nearby stool the Grippli starts a conversation with Janira, of times go by.

Silver Crusade

Female Ifrit LG Gunslinger (Mysterious Stranger) 1 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | HP 12/12 | F +3 R +5 W -1 (+1 vs charm or compulsion) | CMB+0, CMD 13 | Init +7 | Perc +3 darkvision 60' | SM -1 | Grit 4/4

"Wait, if that's Jack, where's Ystrizz?"

Effie looks around for another Ratfolk, then spots Janira and totally forgets about Jack/Ystrizz.

"Janira! Hi, how are you, it's me Effie!That was a close call on my confirmation huh?"

Effie pulls up a stool next to Janira and Glok.

Dark Archive

HP 17/17; AC 13/13/10; f 5, r 7, w 2; bab 1, melee +1, ranged +4; cmb 1, cmd 14; init +3; bomb 5/5 1d6+3, 4 splash DC14; wclw 50; folio reroll 1/1 | ratfolk alchemist (grenadier, inspired chemist) / 2 | -23
skills:
appraise 8, craft alchemy 7, disable 7+2, escape 3, heal 5, know local 6 perc 5, slt of hand 7, stlth 3, umd 5

sorry for the confusion, just had a brain fart and slipped in the wrong character name... my bad... ignore that whole 'Jack' thing

Grand Lodge

Male CG Human (Tien) Oracle (Pei Zin Practicioner) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 15 (11 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 11 | F: +0, R: +1, W: +4 | Init: +1 | Perc: +2, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Healer's Way: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

Seeing that this isn't going to be over as quickly as he hoped, Liao begins watching the room and examining the others. He immediately recognizes the Halfling, but the others seem familiar. Are these all pathfinders? Perhaps the lesson we should all learn from this night is that if we hung around here instead of in the lodge between jobs, we wouldn't be sent on trivial errands by the leadership.


Maps: MotFF || CC || WW

“...and the Lens was so apparently different in nature from the other artifacts nearby - the Scepter of Ages and the Apollyon Ring - that it was beyond true comprehension. The purpose and power of it was lost on the modern world, but it was so dangerous that Durvin Gest traveled to Osibu in the Mwangi Expanse to destroy it by casting it into the Nemesis Well in 4332 AR!”

As she comes to the end of her story, Janira notices a familiar presence and turns, expression brightening. “Oh! How are you? I was just telling these newly confirmed Pathfinders a bit about our history.” Taking a moment to take in everyone there, she pauses before cocking her head slightly and giggling, “No children for me, Glok, no yet!”

She considers you again and pauses, mid-word: "It's been a whi-- Liao? Liao is that you?" Smiling broadly, still grateful, she gestures to him and says, "He once brought me back from the brink of death! You'd think I'd have learned to keep from minotaurs by now, wouldn't you? Effie helped me with one, too!"

Grand Lodge

male Grippli
Spoiler:
AC 14/T12/FF12 HP 10 F+4 R+2 W+6 Init +2 Perception +8
Inquisitor 1

Looking around the inn Glok excuses himself and walks to the older man with the huge flagon. "Mind if I sit down, froak. I mean you look like someone worth knowing. A man of knowledge and experience."
Diplo: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Silver Crusade

Female Ifrit LG Gunslinger (Mysterious Stranger) 1 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | HP 12/12 | F +3 R +5 W -1 (+1 vs charm or compulsion) | CMB+0, CMD 13 | Init +7 | Perc +3 darkvision 60' | SM -1 | Grit 4/4

"How have you been Janira? I see you've got quite a fan club here! Captain Dreng has sent us to collect some wine or something for him. I can't believe I haven't been here before, it's amazing!"

Grand Lodge

Male CG Human (Tien) Oracle (Pei Zin Practicioner) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 15 (11 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 11 | F: +0, R: +1, W: +4 | Init: +1 | Perc: +2, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Healer's Way: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

"Fighting minotaurs seems to be a much better use of everyone's talents than fetching wine."


Maps: MotFF || CC || WW

Heryn passes Ystrizz a version of apple cider - the slight carbonization might make his mouth tingle a little!

Glok is met with a slightly upturned eyebrow. "Go ahead, sit," the old man says gruffly. He gestures towards the seat opposite him. If he's surprised by the grippli's appearance, he keeps it to himself. "As far as knowing things... I suppose ya could say that. I'm not one of your lot, but I've done plenty with 'em." He nods and taps his large tome. Shrugging, he adds, "You can call me Yargos - Yargos Gill. I'm somethin' of a record keeper. A historian, you could say."

He drinks and adds, "You need help with something?"

She nods understandingly at Effie's explanation, a grin on her face. At Liao's evident annoyance, she laughs aloud. "You'll have to forgive him," she says, her amusement obvious. She smiles at Liao to make sure he doesn't think she's laughing at him. "But Captain Dreng is known for finding out who does well with our kind of work. Who knows? Perhaps it's some sort of test!"

Silver Crusade

Female Ifrit LG Gunslinger (Mysterious Stranger) 1 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | HP 12/12 | F +3 R +5 W -1 (+1 vs charm or compulsion) | CMB+0, CMD 13 | Init +7 | Perc +3 darkvision 60' | SM -1 | Grit 4/4

"I bet it's a test! Sort of like a follow-up to the confirmation. Only we don't really know what we're being tested on!"

Must be something to do with this place. The clientele perhaps?

Trying to work out what her secret mission is, Effie looks around the tavern. Hearing the two half orcs discuss ranged weaponry piques her interest, and she sidles over to them

"Hi! I'm Effie! I'm a pathfinder sharpshooter! Watcha saying' about ranged weapons? You ever shoot a pistol?" Effie gestures at the weapon holstered at her hip, and mimes shooting and blowing away gunsmoke.


Maps: MotFF || CC || WW

Janira grins as the other two begin to mingle - it's always good to see young pathfinder agents getting along after all. She gives her own apologetic nod towards the youths she'd been talking to before engaging in conversation with her rescuer. "How have you been, Liao? I haven't forgotten how you saved me back there - I hope things have been well?"

--

Effie is greeted with laughter and cheer. "Howdy doin'!" the two respond in chorus. Giving each other amused looks, they both guffaw, knocking their tankards together.

"I ain't never shot a pistol," the female says, grinning toothily, "But I've once pinned two men against a wall with a single crossbow bolt!"

Her counterpart pipes up to add his own bit, "Aye, aye, we've all heard the story! Tell us more about that pistol o' yours; Is it your favorite? Didya name it? Him? Her?"

Silver Crusade

Female Ifrit LG Gunslinger (Mysterious Stranger) 1 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | HP 12/12 | F +3 R +5 W -1 (+1 vs charm or compulsion) | CMB+0, CMD 13 | Init +7 | Perc +3 darkvision 60' | SM -1 | Grit 4/4

"Well, gosh, I haven't heard it! Do tell! That's a heck of a shot!

I suppose my pistol does have a story attached to it too. I hadn't really thought about it that way. I sort of inherited it. From the circus. It's where I grew up. Terrible place really! Nobody ever wanted to take responsibility for anything, everyone had someone else to blame for their own misfortune! Sorry, you wanted to know about my pistol.

Well, like I said, I was raised in the circus. Never really had a Ma nor Pa. I was sort of everyone's kid. When you're small, you wind up fetching and carrying for the grown-ups, and selling tickets. Punters can't resist the little 'uns. Then you sort of find out what you're good at, and you do that. Me, I can shoot a gnat off a donkey's ear at 40 paces! We'd had a sharpshooter, but he was kinda retired. Ole Pistol Pug, the Deadeye Dwarf! He gave me the gun so we could put on a show. He wasn't so bad I suppose. I also used to do a bit of juggling, tumbling, and clowning, but I am soooo out of practice at that now!

So do you think I should name it?"

Grand Lodge

Male CG Human (Tien) Oracle (Pei Zin Practicioner) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 15 (11 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 11 | F: +0, R: +1, W: +4 | Init: +1 | Perc: +2, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Healer's Way: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

"I had expected to be sent to do great deeds after being confirmed. This is not quite what I expected as my first mission as a pathfinder. I doubt I will discover any new medicinal herbs of use in this place, although some of this stuff smells strong enough to do well cleaning wounds."


Maps: MotFF || CC || WW

Groaning, the male pleads, "Please don't inflate my sister's head - Shrade's never going to stop going at this rate!" His sister laughs him off, shoving a thick palm into his face as she responds to Effie.

"Well, it sounds to me your pistol's your friend, eh? Your partner, your show-maker?" the female half-orc questions. Shrugging, she notes, "If your weapon keeps you alive, you ought to respect 'em, you know?"

Grinning toothily, she adds, "And it ain't so great a story and I don't make near as much a fuss about it as this here fool'd have ya believe! They was just back to back, thinking they'd be able to fight me off. Fools thought I'd come chargin' in just 'cuz I'm part orc!" Shrade laughs.

--

At that, Janira chuckles, noting, "Well, not everything is as it seems, you know? Maybe there's some reason he's asked you guys to run these errands. If they were so small, after all, he would've just asked one of you."

Grand Lodge

Male CG Human (Tien) Oracle (Pei Zin Practicioner) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 15 (11 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 11 | F: +0, R: +1, W: +4 | Init: +1 | Perc: +2, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Healer's Way: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

"Or perhaps he just enjoys summoning everyone into the rain."

Grand Lodge

male Grippli
Spoiler:
AC 14/T12/FF12 HP 10 F+4 R+2 W+6 Init +2 Perception +8
Inquisitor 1
GM Hiyami wrote:


Glok is met with a slightly upturned eyebrow. "Go ahead, sit," the old man says gruffly. He gestures towards the seat opposite him. If he's surprised by the grippli's appearance, he keeps it to himself. "As far as knowing things... I suppose ya could say that. I'm not one of your lot, but I've done plenty with 'em." He nods and taps his large tome. Shrugging, he adds, "You can call me Yargos - Yargos Gill. I'm somethin' of a record keeper. A historian, you could say."

He drinks and adds, "You need help with something?"

Glok smiles again and nods."Are you then just the man I was looking froak. Was I told this inn has a long, prestigious history. Do I hope such an erudite man can tell me more! Please."


Maps: MotFF || CC || WW

Janira chuckles at the comment, doing her best to console Liao. Across the room, Yargos begins telling Glok something of a detailed story about the Wounded Wisp and the many visitors it has had over the course of the history.

Heryn’s replacement finally arrives and the woman hands over her duties before stepping through the crowd, nodding greetings to regular patrons as she gathers you all together. She escorts you to the cellars below, where Drandle Dreng’s requested vintage is supposed to be. The room downstairs is tightly packed, with barrels, boxes, and crates of assorted foodstuffs and drink garnishes pushed up against walls or neatly stacked under the stairs.

As she opens the door to the rest of the Wounded Wisp’s storage, she remembers to warn you:

“Be careful of that board,” Heryn says, pointing at said object. “We’ve been using it to cross over that crack the earthquake opened up, but it’s a bit rickety. We’re still trying to get it replaced with some actual repairs, but, well, that costs rather a bit more coin than we’re willing to put down at the moment.” She smiles wryly. “Anyways, his bottle should be around here somewhere… Feel free to help me look for it.”

I’ve updated the map. Please describe how you navigate the chasm if you so choose to do so. c:

Grand Lodge

Male CG Human (Tien) Oracle (Pei Zin Practicioner) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 15 (11 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 11 | F: +0, R: +1, W: +4 | Init: +1 | Perc: +2, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Healer's Way: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

Liao heeds the warning about the plank, and seeing a very narrow portion of the crevasse, he gets a running start to jump across.

acrobatics: 1d20 - 6 ⇒ (20) - 6 = 14

Red arrow is my jump path

"Even an old man can jump that far."

Grand Lodge

male Grippli
Spoiler:
AC 14/T12/FF12 HP 10 F+4 R+2 W+6 Init +2 Perception +8
Inquisitor 1

Glok will slowly crosses the board.
Acro: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Silver Crusade

Female Ifrit LG Gunslinger (Mysterious Stranger) 1 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | HP 12/12 | F +3 R +5 W -1 (+1 vs charm or compulsion) | CMB+0, CMD 13 | Init +7 | Perc +3 darkvision 60' | SM -1 | Grit 4/4

"Oh, that's an easy jump. Come on!"

Effie follows a similar route to Liao and hops over the gap.

acrobatics, take 10: 10 + 3 = 13

"Can you manage Ystrizz? I left my rope on Finn, but you can go get it if you need it for safety. You'll recognise him in the stable right?"


Maps: MotFF || CC || WW

GM Screen:

Liao : 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Glok : 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Effie: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
1d5 ⇒ 1
1d4 ⇒ 4
1d4 ⇒ 2

Liao, Effie, and Glok all manage the chasm without further incident. From their new position across the chasm and near a good number of steps, they get a much better view of the storeroom.

Past the pseudo-bridge and down the steps, they find the many shelves and racks that comprise the supply of specialty wines and ales the Wounded Wisp offers. Heryn immediately begins scanning labels and years to seek the bottle Drandle Dreng requested.

Effie finds the bottle after a lucky scan of a middle shelf.

When she attempts to retrieve it, she’s surprised to find that instead of coming free of the rack, the entire wine rack slides back into a short stone tunnel that, perhaps, leads to a hidden room of some sort.

Just waitin' on Ystrizz and I'll slip us forward again. C:

Grand Lodge

Male CG Human (Tien) Oracle (Pei Zin Practicioner) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 15 (11 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 11 | F: +0, R: +1, W: +4 | Init: +1 | Perc: +2, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Healer's Way: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

"That was unexpected."

Silver Crusade

Female Ifrit LG Gunslinger (Mysterious Stranger) 1 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | HP 12/12 | F +3 R +5 W -1 (+1 vs charm or compulsion) | CMB+0, CMD 13 | Init +7 | Perc +3 darkvision 60' | SM -1 | Grit 4/4

"That old coot got us good! He *knew* about this secret room all along!"

Dark Archive

HP 17/17; AC 13/13/10; f 5, r 7, w 2; bab 1, melee +1, ranged +4; cmb 1, cmd 14; init +3; bomb 5/5 1d6+3, 4 splash DC14; wclw 50; folio reroll 1/1 | ratfolk alchemist (grenadier, inspired chemist) / 2 | -23
skills:
appraise 8, craft alchemy 7, disable 7+2, escape 3, heal 5, know local 6 perc 5, slt of hand 7, stlth 3, umd 5

Ystrizz, being small and light, tries to cross the board rather than jump the chasm.

acro: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12


Maps: MotFF || CC || WW

Quick investigation determines that the chamber is not in great disrepair. A sturdy silver chain jutting from the ceiling ends in a glowing orb that radiates yellow light across the rectangular room. A simple desk of polished wood, stacked with documents and scattered notes, shelters a pair of wooden chests against the south wall. A series of cracks along the eastern and western walls form makeshift entrances into exposed caverns.

Heryn steps carefully and brings up the rear, her expression one of curiosity.

Slides updated! Please place your tokens accordingly. c:

1 to 50 of 245 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PFS #6-10 The Wounded Wisp [1-2] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.