Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Fuskee's Rise of the Goblin Guild

Game Master Maar the Volcano Monk


201 to 238 of 238 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Mycroft keeps talking, "See! We can use their rashness against them!

He fires an arrow at the remaining 'normal' goblin.

I'm assuming he's under soft cover.
shortbow: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 5 - 2 = 19
damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Grand Lodge

Human CG human Magus 1 | HP 13/13 | AC: 19 T: 11 FF: 14 CMD: 13 | F +3 R +1 W +2 | Init +7 | Perc +1 | Arcane pool +1 5/5 | Lvl 1 spells: color spray, shield

Cork steps over the body of the goblin he slew and targets the one who jumped down from the balcony. His cutlass whistles through the air as he swings at it.

cutlass,bardic performance: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 2 + 1 = 20
damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Dark Archive

Male Damphir Skald (Urban Skald) 3 - HP: 21/21 - AC: 16, T: 11, FF: 15 (+1 dodge bonus when adjacent to 2 or more allies) - Fort/Ref/Will: +5/+3/+4 (+2 vs disease and mind-affecting effects, +4 vs bardic performance and sonic or language-dependent effects) - Perception: +0 - Initiative: +3 - Raging Song: 12/16 - Spell-Like Abilities: Charm Person: 0/1, Command: 1/1 - Spells: 1st: 3/4

With the alchemist's mind unclouded again, Davorin steps up next to him and the other remaining goblin and attacks.

Attack v alchemist: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Grand Lodge

Male Aasimar| HP: 11/11 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 14 | F: +1, R: +4, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 Swashbuckler/1st| Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.

The swashbuckler takes a moment to pat himself out.
Rapier: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Angered, Rourke attacks with his rapier, but momentarily slips on some liquid in the room, spoiling his attack.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Cavalier (beast rider, gendarme) 1 (HP: 11/11) (AC:19 FF:15 T:15) (Fort: +4 Ref: +5 Will: +1) (Init: +4) (Perc: +6)

Reflex to put out fire: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

After an inner conflict of "being on fire is bad" and "Zarongel doesn't want me to put out fires", Joof shakes violently enough to stop himself from burning alive. He nudges Jerd to take a step forward and bite the goblin, after which he makes his own attack as well.

Bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12, Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Dogslicer: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14, Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Heidmarch Manor | | Nightsoil Marauders Hideout

Sorry! Got busy at work again, the normal receptionist is on vacation so I'm covering for her and it's kind of hard to check Paizo when I have people coming in all day. ;) I'll put something up when I get home, I THINK you guys got em all but we'll see!


Heidmarch Manor | | Nightsoil Marauders Hideout

Joof and Jerd both miss the remaining lab assistant as Mycroft fires an arrow and sinks one inside of it, but it remains standing, ready to throw another flask of chemicals.

Kaminari swoops in and slashes the alchemist twice for a lot of damage but misses with his beak as Cork also takes a swing and damages the alchemist some more.

With the heroes having taken their actions it was now the goblins' turn to get some revenge, but at the cost of some attacks of opportunity.

Goblin 2 runs for the corner of the room while pulling out an alchemist fire, attacking Attacks of Opportunity from Joof and Davorin while the alchemist pulls a potion out of one of his many pockets and attempts to drink it in front of Kaminari, Davorin and Cork drawing more attacks.

Go ahead and take your aoos, I'll resolve their turn if they survive which they probably won't. You got em backed into a corner and from what I can tell Goblin 2 can't 5 foot step and pull out a new alchemist fire and also throw it, can he?

Grand Lodge

Human CG human Magus 1 | HP 13/13 | AC: 19 T: 11 FF: 14 CMD: 13 | F +3 R +1 W +2 | Init +7 | Perc +1 | Arcane pool +1 5/5 | Lvl 1 spells: color spray, shield

"We'll have none of that, my dear alchemist friend." Cork says and he swings his cutlass at the distracted goblin.

cutlass, bardic performance: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 2 + 1 = 14
damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Liberty's Edge

Male Tengu Vigilante 2| HP 17/17 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | F +2, R +7, W +4 | Init +4 | Perc +8

Raijan tries to finish off the alchemist, but is thrown off by the crush of Pathfinders.

I have to get better at fighting alongside other people.

Wakizashi: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Slashing: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Grand Lodge

Male Aasimar| HP: 11/11 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 14 | F: +1, R: +4, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 Swashbuckler/1st| Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.

Rapier: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Confirming: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Dmg.: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
As the goblin tries to slip away, the swashbuckler squares his stance and thrusts, stabbing the goblin squarely in the abdomen.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Cavalier (beast rider, gendarme) 1 (HP: 11/11) (AC:19 FF:15 T:15) (Fort: +4 Ref: +5 Will: +1) (Init: +4) (Perc: +6)

"No no, goblin take more sword to face and die before goblin burn Joof again!"

Joof AoO, Dogslicer: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8, Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Jerd AoO, Bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7, Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

The halfling gets all messed up trying to coordinate an attack with his wolf, and his swing clashes with the mount's bite, cancelling both attempts to end the goblin.


Heidmarch Manor | | Nightsoil Marauders Hideout

Rourke finishes off the goblin before it can throw another alchemist fire, falling to the ground as the flask lands next to him and barely doesn't break open.

It's up to Davorin to see if the alchemist is going to get to drink his potion or not.

Dark Archive

Male Damphir Skald (Urban Skald) 3 - HP: 21/21 - AC: 16, T: 11, FF: 15 (+1 dodge bonus when adjacent to 2 or more allies) - Fort/Ref/Will: +5/+3/+4 (+2 vs disease and mind-affecting effects, +4 vs bardic performance and sonic or language-dependent effects) - Perception: +0 - Initiative: +3 - Raging Song: 12/16 - Spell-Like Abilities: Charm Person: 0/1, Command: 1/1 - Spells: 1st: 3/4

AoO v alchemist: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

The suddenness of his opportunity throws Davorin off his aim.


Heidmarch Manor | | Nightsoil Marauders Hideout

The alchemist finishes off his extract and makes a run for it! "You haven't heard the last of Yarak!" he screams out as he runs past everyone and heads for the sewers.

Mycroft happens to be standing in the doorway as Yarak tries to make his escape and goes to tumble past Mycroft.

Acrobatics vs CMD 12: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

He manages to get past but having to tumble past Mycroft severely reduced the amount he could run that turn. Ekkie just watches in awe as stuff is still on fire in the laboratory and the flames keep her attention as Yarak runs.

The group is up again! Anyone who can take an extra aoo on him may do so as he's running past people but I think you used them all up when he drank his extract.

Dark Archive

"He's getting awa... Oh my he's fast!"
Mycroft ceases his oratory about the strengths and weaknesses of goblins.

end bardic performance

As Yarak buzzes past him he whips around and fires off a shot with his short bow at near point blank range.

Shortbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 Wonderful.

He is totally unable to track the speeding goblin and badly bungles the release of his arrow, sending it in completely the wrong direction.

Grand Lodge

Human CG human Magus 1 | HP 13/13 | AC: 19 T: 11 FF: 14 CMD: 13 | F +3 R +1 W +2 | Init +7 | Perc +1 | Arcane pool +1 5/5 | Lvl 1 spells: color spray, shield

"Not so fast!" Cork leaps after the fleeing goblin and runs right past Mycroft. He swings at the alchemist.

cutlass: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Liberty's Edge

Male Tengu Vigilante 2| HP 17/17 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | F +2, R +7, W +4 | Init +4 | Perc +8

Raijan curses as the goblin squirts past them and quickly follows it out into the hall.

At least I can make sure it won't run ahead of us and sound the alarm

Wakizashi: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 1 = 27
Slashing: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Confirm: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 1 = 22
Slashing: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Dark Archive

Male Damphir Skald (Urban Skald) 3 - HP: 21/21 - AC: 16, T: 11, FF: 15 (+1 dodge bonus when adjacent to 2 or more allies) - Fort/Ref/Will: +5/+3/+4 (+2 vs disease and mind-affecting effects, +4 vs bardic performance and sonic or language-dependent effects) - Perception: +0 - Initiative: +3 - Raging Song: 12/16 - Spell-Like Abilities: Charm Person: 0/1, Command: 1/1 - Spells: 1st: 3/4

Davorin moves as to reestablish line of sight to the alchemist and shouts a forceful command at him.

"Halt!"

Move and cast command as a spell-like ability. Will DC 15.


Heidmarch Manor | | Nightsoil Marauders Hideout

Kaminari runs out and chases down Yarak before cutting him down in the middle of the hallway.

Combat over! You don't have to waste your Command, Davorin. And he wasn't running for an alarm, or even going to see you again, haha. He just wanted to save his poor life and escape through the sewers. Alright, what does the group want to do now?

Liberty's Edge

Male Tengu Vigilante 2| HP 17/17 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | F +2, R +7, W +4 | Init +4 | Perc +8

Raijan quickly searches the room. The last one seemed to be some kind of leader, even if he wasn't the 'big boss'. There might be something here.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Grand Lodge

Male Aasimar| HP: 11/11 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 14 | F: +1, R: +4, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 Swashbuckler/1st| Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.

The aasimar looks around, assisting the tengu's investigation.
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


Heidmarch Manor | | Nightsoil Marauders Hideout

The room holds nothing of importance except for various chemicals that the alchemists were using to make explosives with. Yarak has drawn his “strategic blueprint” in charcoal upon the east wall of the upper level. It’s an extremely rudimentary pictorial map of Magnimar with fire and smoke pouring from the buildings, as well as numerous dead dogs, horses, and humanoids.

On Yarak's body you find: 2x acid, 2x flash powder, 2x smokesticks, 2x sneezing powder, a dagger and an alchemist’s kit.

On his lab assistant's bodies you find 10x alchemist fire and some basic small leather armor.

Because you're so perceptive, you also manage to catch Ekkie trying to steal one of the alchemist fires at the end of the fight off of one of the corpses. "Please can we keep this? It makes pretty fire and Plarg likes fire."

Dark Archive

Male Damphir Skald (Urban Skald) 3 - HP: 21/21 - AC: 16, T: 11, FF: 15 (+1 dodge bonus when adjacent to 2 or more allies) - Fort/Ref/Will: +5/+3/+4 (+2 vs disease and mind-affecting effects, +4 vs bardic performance and sonic or language-dependent effects) - Perception: +0 - Initiative: +3 - Raging Song: 12/16 - Spell-Like Abilities: Charm Person: 0/1, Command: 1/1 - Spells: 1st: 3/4

"Not now, Ekkie. Perhaps when we're done here. Now, let's get moving."

I'll nab two alchemist's fires.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Cavalier (beast rider, gendarme) 1 (HP: 11/11) (AC:19 FF:15 T:15) (Fort: +4 Ref: +5 Will: +1) (Init: +4) (Perc: +6)

Joof will attempt to take all of the alchemist's fires ("because Zarongel command so", he explains), probably to be limited by his party's decisions.

Grand Lodge

Male Aasimar| HP: 11/11 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 14 | F: +1, R: +4, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 Swashbuckler/1st| Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.

Rourke carefully puts the two doses of sneezing powder in his jacket pocket, and leaves with the others.


Heidmarch Manor | | Nightsoil Marauders Hideout

There is no door down near Davorin so once the group divvies up the loot and finishes up in the other room, group up at the bottom to let me know you're ready for the next room.

Dark Archive

"Ahem, Joof I do not know who Zarongel is but I would be pleased to lean about him or her in detail. In the future. For now I hope very much that you and Zarongel would allow me to take one of those?

"Ermm, Ekkie? What exactly would you do with one of those flasks?"

Mycroft tentatively tries to take on of the alchemist's fire flasks.

Liberty's Edge

Male Tengu Vigilante 2| HP 17/17 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | F +2, R +7, W +4 | Init +4 | Perc +8

Raijan secrets a pair of flasks of alchemist's fire about his person then presses on with Davorin.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Cavalier (beast rider, gendarme) 1 (HP: 11/11) (AC:19 FF:15 T:15) (Fort: +4 Ref: +5 Will: +1) (Init: +4) (Perc: +6)

Knowing that it wouldn't be met kindly to disobey the party's will, Joof hands one of the alchemist's fires to the other halfling and two more to the tengu. He is visibly upset, but doesn't mention it.

"Zarongel is biggest, barkiest Barghest that ever exist. Right Jerd?"

The wolf howls in affirmation.


Heidmarch Manor | | Nightsoil Marauders Hideout

Ekkie frowns as she is told she can't have an alchemist fire and pouts as she goes down the hallway to catch up with Davorin and Kaminari. "Let's go, big boss must be this way."

Move up in the map guys so I know you're still checking this and we'll start the next encounter.

Grand Lodge

Human CG human Magus 1 | HP 13/13 | AC: 19 T: 11 FF: 14 CMD: 13 | F +3 R +1 W +2 | Init +7 | Perc +1 | Arcane pool +1 5/5 | Lvl 1 spells: color spray, shield

As everyone looks through the lab and over the dead goblin bodies Cork notices the large number of alchemist fires. "I'll take a couple of those. You never know when they'll be needed."

After settling everything there, the group moves down the hallway. Cork follows.


Heidmarch Manor | | Nightsoil Marauders Hideout

I'll just put Mycroft at the back.

As you turn the corner you see what looks to be a flushing compartment for the sewers. A large stone channel bisects this dank chamber. Thick masonry pipes clutter the room, feeding into the channel or flowing across the ceiling. A stone walkway without a railing crosses the channel, but crude barbed caltrops litter the length of this bridge. The entire chamber is damp and moldy, and the faint sound of dripping water resonates softly through the area.

From the main floor it's a 10 foot drop into the dirty brown water that flows below. There are handholds cut into both sides of the channel at the south end of the room allowing anyone swimming through the disgusting water a way to climb up out of it.

On the other side of the bridge stands two goblins with horsechoppers and another distinct looking goblin standing behind them, waiting for you to come to them.

What do you guys do?

Liberty's Edge

Male Tengu Vigilante 2| HP 17/17 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | F +2, R +7, W +4 | Init +4 | Perc +8

Raijan sizes up the width of the jump, lets his beak fall open into a cocky grin, and darts across the room, flinging himself across the channel before ducking down behind some of the piping. Double Move

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Grand Lodge

Male Aasimar| HP: 11/11 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 14 | F: +1, R: +4, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 Swashbuckler/1st| Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.

"Cayden's puke bucket!" The aasimar marvels as the tengu gets over the channel. He's gonna need tactical support
Once again, Rourke takes out his crossbow and loads it, ready to attack.

Dark Archive

"Uh wow, Is that wise Kam... Nevermind!" As the tengu leaps over the gap Mycroft rushes forward to bring the goblins into view and casts a spell.

Sleep DC 14 I guess the exact targeting would depend on intiative.

Dark Archive

Male Damphir Skald (Urban Skald) 3 - HP: 21/21 - AC: 16, T: 11, FF: 15 (+1 dodge bonus when adjacent to 2 or more allies) - Fort/Ref/Will: +5/+3/+4 (+2 vs disease and mind-affecting effects, +4 vs bardic performance and sonic or language-dependent effects) - Perception: +0 - Initiative: +3 - Raging Song: 12/16 - Spell-Like Abilities: Charm Person: 0/1, Command: 1/1 - Spells: 1st: 3/4

Davorin moves into the room and starts berating the goblin at the back.

Infuriating Mockery:
If the foe fails a DC 14 Will saving throw, it takes a –2 penalty to AC and on attack rolls, cannot use any Intelligence-, Dexterity-, or Charismabased skills, and must succeed at a concentration check to cast spells (DC = 15 + spell level) for as long as it remains in range of the skald and the performance is maintained.

Grand Lodge

Human CG human Magus 1 | HP 13/13 | AC: 19 T: 11 FF: 14 CMD: 13 | F +3 R +1 W +2 | Init +7 | Perc +1 | Arcane pool +1 5/5 | Lvl 1 spells: color spray, shield

"I wouldn't want to make this place my home." Cork says as he takes in the disgusting surroundings. He watches Kaminari jump over the channel then turns to the others in the group. "I don't think I could make that jump but we need to get over there. Do you think this walkway here has been trapped?"

He points at the caltrop covered walkway and tries to take a closer look at it.

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

The Exchange

Male Halfling Cavalier (beast rider, gendarme) 1 (HP: 11/11) (AC:19 FF:15 T:15) (Fort: +4 Ref: +5 Will: +1) (Init: +4) (Perc: +6)

Joof rides in on his wolf and doesn't spend too much time thinking about the situation before throwing one of the alchemist's fires at the left goblin, marveling at the ensuing burst of flames.

Alchemist's Fire: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22, Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

"Identify yourselves," the halfling barks in Goblin, "or I will turn you into a lovely burnt offering to Zarongel!"

201 to 238 of 238 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rise of the Goblin Guild Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.