Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Frozen Fingers of Midnight PFS PBP (Inactive)

Game Master Curaigh

The Pathfinders are dispatched to aid Skelg the Ripper, a fellow Pathfinder suffering from a terrible freezing curse.


551 to 578 of 578 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

HP 66/66 , Init +2, AC: 21, T: 11, FF: 20, CMB: 19, F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 (constant Prot from Evil (+2), no Food or Water, Natuve Outsider) Perception +8 <Darkvision 60ft>, Channel: /7 used, 5d6, (DC 20 +13 vs Undead, +4 vs Evil Outsiders) NG Male Aasimar Cleric 8.2, Sunflare: +7/+2, 1d6+7 (15/x2) S

If I can, I would like t take 10 for a total of 20, but if not
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
Assuming Natalya is the woman's name from the ship.

Dialogue:
"PathFinder Skelg. I have returned with news. It was too late for your man, but as we travelled through the portal, we came to be on a ship covered in ice. There, we encounter you servant, turned to an monster after his death. I apologize for that. I wish we could have been there earlier to prevent that, but I want you to know that we did release him of that monstrous curse, that his soul might journey beyond to whomever he is bound. From there we met a woman. She seems to know you, and if my intuition is correct, she does so fondly. She asks that you join her, and she holds a secret to releasing the curse, which I also now seem to share. She also wants to return to Issiren, and wishs the lantern as hers. I asked her to release me to talk to you about that. Will you come with us to speak to her, help her to free herself of her own curse so she might return home, and grant her the lantern?"
Waiting a moment for him to concider, "I also wanted to speak to you more personally sir, on behalf of the Silver Crusade. As you are likely aware, sir, we seek to use the Society for good. Helping those in need, righting wrongs, and aiding people as they need. We, and I, believe that you would be better off leaving this life of comfort and station, and returning to the life of adventure. Everyone has a past and some things thy would never wish others to know. That's part of your mortality. I feel that this aspect of yours might not have come back to haunt you if you wouldn't have mad yourself such an easy target for it. Just my opinion."

Silver Crusade

HP 19/19, Init +3, AC: 20, T: 11, FF: 19, F: +7, R: +2, W: +5 Perception +6 <Darkvission 60ft>, CMD: 15 , Male Half-Orc Inquisitor 1/Fighter (Weapon Master) 1

I will try and assist Ignatious, I will touch of glory myself

1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17

I think that you have come along way in your success for Taldor but I think you might wish to change your allegiance towards us

Grand Lodge

Male Human Alchmist 2 barbaian 1

"gaining more wealth is always a good thing"


The Sacred Vault Seeker's Folly

Skelg listens to the glowing man's plea with gaining interest. Especially at the reference to comfort and station versus the life of adventure. He nods when you mention Natalya, but shivers too much to completely follow. Finally, at the eloquently simple words of Zaryn, he stops shivering as if by sheer force of will. +2 for aid :)

"All right, take me too her," then his teeth again begin chattering. Tightly bundling him you carry Skelg to the basement and step through the portal. The deck of the ship remains the same, and you soon have climbed into Natalya's room.

The Irrisen women casts a spell and studies him for a moment and the two share whispered words. "Tell me, how did this happen? Who did this to you?". He answers, or rather tries to answer, but he is too cold to get the story out.
Anyone who would like to can fill in the gap for her, but as you've just done it, I will skip to her response.
She scowls at the mention of her step-son, Bengeirr. "More cowardly than even his father deserved." She looks up from Skelg and to the party. "The Beacon of the North? I need the lantern. And we need to get it out there,"she points to the ice wall behind Maps. "To the figure head." Seven to ten feet of ice stand between the party and the front of the ship.

Silver Crusade

HP 66/66 , Init +2, AC: 21, T: 11, FF: 20, CMB: 19, F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 (constant Prot from Evil (+2), no Food or Water, Natuve Outsider) Perception +8 <Darkvision 60ft>, Channel: /7 used, 5d6, (DC 20 +13 vs Undead, +4 vs Evil Outsiders) NG Male Aasimar Cleric 8.2, Sunflare: +7/+2, 1d6+7 (15/x2) S

Is there a way to climb around it, or something we can see. I have a Burning Hands (2d4+1 Fire) and a Fire Bolt (1d6+1 Fire) remaining I can try to soften it up a bit, but I'm not sure just how much that will do.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

Scarab Sages

Human Pistolero Gunslinger 6 / Alchemist 2 | HP 64/64 | AC 25 [F 17 T 19] | CMD 28 | F+11 R+16 W+6 | Init +10| Perc +11/+16 | Grit 2/4

Maps taps one of his alchemical bombs.

"Overkill?"

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Druid 7 - Init +5 - HP: 73/73, - AC: 24/T: 14/FF: 21 18/13/16- Perception: +8 <Darkvision 60ft> F: +9(13)/R: +6(10)/W: +9(13) - CMB: +8 - CMD: 21 <+4 vs trip & bull rush>, Speed: 20ft

"I cun beat the daylight outta that with my club, but I cain't be makin' any promises."

Scarab Sages

Human Pistolero Gunslinger 6 / Alchemist 2 | HP 64/64 | AC 25 [F 17 T 19] | CMD 28 | F+11 R+16 W+6 | Init +10| Perc +11/+16 | Grit 2/4

Shrugging, Maps says "Step back" then tosses a bomb at the ice.

Fire Damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Liberty's Edge

Male HP 10/10, Init +5, AC: 12, T: 12, FF: 10 F: +3, R: +3, W: +3 Perception -1 <Darkvision 60ft>, CMD: 10, Male Half-Orc Sorcerer 1

Aram, who all this time had been listening quietly, steps next to Maps.

"Maybe some acid will soften it up," he says, pointing at the ice.

Acid Splash acid damage: 1d3 ⇒ 1

Silver Crusade

{HP21/21 | AC 18 FF17 T11 CMD 16 | F/R/W 5/3/8} Male

"I can also summon fire, but the wall is thick. Is there another way to melt the ice?"

Strat will fire his remaining firebolts, and help hack at the wall if no other way.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Druid 7 - Init +5 - HP: 73/73, - AC: 24/T: 14/FF: 21 18/13/16- Perception: +8 <Darkvision 60ft> F: +9(13)/R: +6(10)/W: +9(13) - CMB: +8 - CMD: 21 <+4 vs trip & bull rush>, Speed: 20ft

Prepared to cast Shillelagh and beat the crap out of it.


The Sacred Vault Seeker's Folly

Under Natalya's bemused look the party unleashes a great share of their resources on the ice. With a bit of coordination, Aram, Strat and Ignatious drill a hole ten feet into the ice with darts of acid and flame. Maps drops a bomb into the tiny shaft and the explosion opens a ten foot room. Barlor & Zaryn crush the chunks into manageable pieces and Ing pushes them out of the way. Unable to control her mirth anymore the sorceress casts a spell and sphere of fire three feet across appears. She directs it into the ice and melts a hole to the figurehead. The curving tunnel looks vaguely familiar. The tunnel of ice leading to the mast and the portal must have been carved in a similar fashion as was the room you are currently standing. When she finishes she waves her hand and the orb travels down along the ship's hull.

"Place it in the hook, she says and nods to Skelg who hands the lantern to the halfling. Fisbin carries the Beacon of the North to the carved dragon's head and places it in. While he returns Natalya goes to her bed and pulls out a small coffer. She hand this to Zaryn. "Thank you Pathfinders, for freeing me of this iceberg, and finding my some comfort. She turns to the cleric of Sarenrae and points at the lantern. Please, Dawn-follower if you would?"

The cleric points at the lantern and Sarenrae's fire shoots forward and lights it. Attached to the ship the Beacon opens a giant portal. Through its blue light you can see the harbor of a frozen Whitethorn, a city in Irrisen.

A gasp escapes from Skelg, who crumbles over. Then he stands straight and color returns to his face and hands. He nearly laughs as the warmth spreads back to his limbs.

"Opening the ship's portal," Natalya explains closes all other portals created by the beacon. She says that the lantern was used to to create a portal to the frozen lands of Irrisin inside Skelg (and Ignatious). The portals pull the frozen north directly into the body of its victims.

Before the ship begins to sail into the portal Natalya directs the lantern to open one more magical gateway. "This will take you back to the manor from where you came. Again Pathfinders, I thank you."

Silver Crusade

HP 66/66 , Init +2, AC: 21, T: 11, FF: 20, CMB: 19, F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 (constant Prot from Evil (+2), no Food or Water, Natuve Outsider) Perception +8 <Darkvision 60ft>, Channel: /7 used, 5d6, (DC 20 +13 vs Undead, +4 vs Evil Outsiders) NG Male Aasimar Cleric 8.2, Sunflare: +7/+2, 1d6+7 (15/x2) S

I'll thank her for removing the curse and getting old skelg out of bed, wish her well and step through the portal. Once back, I make sure to take down a few notes in my Pathfinder Journal of our quest, and return to the Venture Captain with news that his old sparring partner has been saved, and returned to the life of a Pathfinder with a new companion.

Scarab Sages

Human Pistolero Gunslinger 6 / Alchemist 2 | HP 64/64 | AC 25 [F 17 T 19] | CMD 28 | F+11 R+16 W+6 | Init +10| Perc +11/+16 | Grit 2/4

Maps gives a brief nod to Skelg and Natalya, though he doesn't take his eyes of the latter, or his hand off the handle of his firearm, until he has stepped safely through the portal.

Pondering how this mission might advance his own goals, Maps rubs his chin and looks to his companions. "What should we tell the Venture-Captain about this? Not sure this was what he had in mind."

Liberty's Edge

Male HP 10/10, Init +5, AC: 12, T: 12, FF: 10 F: +3, R: +3, W: +3 Perception -1 <Darkvision 60ft>, CMD: 10, Male Half-Orc Sorcerer 1

"Skelg is saved, right? Isn't that what he wanted?"

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Druid 7 - Init +5 - HP: 73/73, - AC: 24/T: 14/FF: 21 18/13/16- Perception: +8 <Darkvision 60ft> F: +9(13)/R: +6(10)/W: +9(13) - CMB: +8 - CMD: 21 <+4 vs trip & bull rush>, Speed: 20ft

"Sounds good enough for me."

Grand Lodge

Male Human Alchmist 2 barbaian 1

works for me


The Sacred Vault Seeker's Folly

He is & back to collecting stuff for the Pathfinder Society. You learned enough about the lantern to report that to the Grand Lodge as well (the secondary mission). You even learned that Natalya can get him back to his manor very quickly, meaning he is only an hour away from his sparring partner in most cases.

Unless we have other questions, I will begin sending chronicles out tomorrow. :) Keep watching the thread for a while though, until I to get it done.

Nice job everyone, I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. PBP can be slow, & I think we kept a decent pace, your entrance to the warehouse was an excellent one and much better than the group I ran last night (& they took long enough for the City Watch to show up :)

Shadow Lodge

S.M.C. // Dragon's Demand // Murder on SC // Glories Past

I personally really liked this scenario. You did well, and thank you (all) for letting me in your game. I would say that so far, this is one of my top 3 fav scenarios I've played, a well balanced playstyle, (a little combat, a little mystery, story, and some RP), and I enjoyed the other character's. I'd lke to play with you all again. :)

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Druid 7 - Init +5 - HP: 73/73, - AC: 24/T: 14/FF: 21 18/13/16- Perception: +8 <Darkvision 60ft> F: +9(13)/R: +6(10)/W: +9(13) - CMB: +8 - CMD: 21 <+4 vs trip & bull rush>, Speed: 20ft

A good group indeed, though Barlor is already committed to another scenario. I have others to bring in though.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Alchmist 2 barbaian 1

i enjoy this as well although fisbin me get some work done before leveling... but would be willing to play again

Liberty's Edge

Male HP 10/10, Init +5, AC: 12, T: 12, FF: 10 F: +3, R: +3, W: +3 Perception -1 <Darkvision 60ft>, CMD: 10, Male Half-Orc Sorcerer 1

I would love to play again with all of you!

Liberty's Edge

Male HP 10/10, Init +5, AC: 12, T: 12, FF: 10 F: +3, R: +3, W: +3 Perception -1 <Darkvision 60ft>, CMD: 10, Male Half-Orc Sorcerer 1

Having just left the Venture Captain, Aram turns to Ignatious.

"Ignatious my friend, please induct me into the worship of the goddess. I could feel her presence ease my soul during this time I'v become aware of her,"

Aram's conversion is a bit of a loose end if you don't mind Ignatious :).

Scarab Sages

Human Pistolero Gunslinger 6 / Alchemist 2 | HP 64/64 | AC 25 [F 17 T 19] | CMD 28 | F+11 R+16 W+6 | Init +10| Perc +11/+16 | Grit 2/4

I liked this one too, though I feel this character might not have been the best suited for it. I'm running something myself right now, but would love to continue with this group with Maps or another character. Anyone volunteer for GM duty?

Silver Crusade

HP 66/66 , Init +2, AC: 21, T: 11, FF: 20, CMB: 19, F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 (constant Prot from Evil (+2), no Food or Water, Natuve Outsider) Perception +8 <Darkvision 60ft>, Channel: /7 used, 5d6, (DC 20 +13 vs Undead, +4 vs Evil Outsiders) NG Male Aasimar Cleric 8.2, Sunflare: +7/+2, 1d6+7 (15/x2) S

"With gladness, my friend. Come with me to find a place that will well serve the situation.", as he walks a little to an open area without too much traffic.

Having Aram stand proudly, "Do you open your heart and soul, unquestionably to the light? Will you open yourself to the redeeming inferno, and always seek to folow in the footsteps of righteousness, being like the final lantern, never giving up against the comming darkness, but shoing the way so that others might find their way, if they so choose?"

After allowing Aram to answer. . .

"Then I welcome you into the faith as a brother. May the Holy Fire protect you, the Light shield you against all darkness, May the Sacred Blaze keep you always a bastion against evil, and May you stand forever among the saints."

Liberty's Edge

Male HP 10/10, Init +5, AC: 12, T: 12, FF: 10 F: +3, R: +3, W: +3 Perception -1 <Darkvision 60ft>, CMD: 10, Male Half-Orc Sorcerer 1
Ignatious the Seeker of Flame wrote:
Having Aram stand proudly, "Do you open your heart and soul, unquestionably to the light? Will you open yourself to the redeeming inferno, and always seek to folow in the footsteps of righteousness, being like the final lantern, never giving up against the comming darkness, but shoing the way so that others might find their way, if they so choose?"

Trembling with excitement, Aram stands before Ignatious. Whatever it is that's in his blood, Aram feels he doesn't have to be afraid of it anymore. It is a part of him as his orc and human heritage is. He has the goddess on his side to help him. The shadow of the bear once again shows on his face, but it no longer is a shadow, but a light. It smiles as Aram smiles.

"I do," says Aram.

Silver Crusade

HP 66/66 , Init +2, AC: 21, T: 11, FF: 20, CMB: 19, F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 (constant Prot from Evil (+2), no Food or Water, Natuve Outsider) Perception +8 <Darkvision 60ft>, Channel: /7 used, 5d6, (DC 20 +13 vs Undead, +4 vs Evil Outsiders) NG Male Aasimar Cleric 8.2, Sunflare: +7/+2, 1d6+7 (15/x2) S

Over the next few days, I'll inform Aram of a variaty of religious taboos, practices, belief's, and rituals, and inquire as to how he feels about his "demon-bear". I'll introduce him around the various aligned temples of the area, and things like that.

Silver Crusade

{HP21/21 | AC 18 FF17 T11 CMD 16 | F/R/W 5/3/8} Male

Thanks for Running the game, and I did have fun, though my posting was kind of lax (Sorry!).

551 to 578 of 578 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Frozen Fingers of Midnight PFS PBP by Curaigh All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.