Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Frozen Fingers of Midnight PFS PBP (Inactive)

Game Master Curaigh

The Pathfinders are dispatched to aid Skelg the Ripper, a fellow Pathfinder suffering from a terrible freezing curse.


201 to 250 of 578 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Seeker's Folly
Barlor wrote:
Can we loot the place? Or is that an "evil deed"?

Sorry almost missed this as I was in a rush to get to a PFS table last night. :) Pathfinders should not steal from other Pathfinders, however the guards out front had some coins they are no longer needing.

Skelg was right, Ulfens in the docks do stick out, nearly half the people asked say "check at the docks." Since the pathfinders were heading there already, it does not take long to get some solid leads. After about an hour investigating Fisbin recollects a conversation with a gnomish fisherman. "Oh Yes. The harbormaster can check his records for any Ulfen ships recently docked," said the young man with sunburned face. Ignatious nods. A skinny dock manager told him "a bunch of 'em recently rented one 'o Tullo Baltias' warehouses.

Silver Crusade

HP 66/66 , Init +2, AC: 21, T: 11, FF: 20, CMB: 19, F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 (constant Prot from Evil (+2), no Food or Water, Natuve Outsider) Perception +8 <Darkvision 60ft>, Channel: /7 used, 5d6, (DC 20 +13 vs Undead, +4 vs Evil Outsiders) NG Male Aasimar Cleric 8.2, Sunflare: +7/+2, 1d6+7 (15/x2) S

"And if someone wanted to find said warehouse, where might they look my friend?"


Seeker's Folly

Tullo 'as a lot of warehouses. I would ask him. He'll include directions.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Alchmist 2 barbaian 1

I'll go check the harbor master will to bribe him... if necessary no more the 15 gold...


Seeker's Folly

Meeting with the harbor master is not as difficult as it might be in a city of this size. Numerous aids run writs back and forth to the docks, registering the arrivals and departures of one of the busiest ports in the world. When he does have time for you, shown into a small office with rows and shelves and piles of records. A tall man with graying hair says Hello citizen, what can I help you with?
I need a diplomacy check for Fisbin et al at the harbormasters.

meanwhile...

Land owner Tullo Baltios has a small but tidy shop not far from the docks. He looks up from his ledger as potential customers come in. Welcome to Baltios Properties, I have quite a few openings now if you need.
I need a diplomacy check for Ignatious et al. There is no need to separate the party to do these, but it is ok if you do as well. :)

Osirion

Human Pistolero Gunslinger 6 / Alchemist 2 | HP 64/64 | AC 25 [F 17 T 19] | CMD 28 | F+11 R+16 W+6 | Init +10| Perc +11/+16 | Grit 2/4

Greetings. Maps says to the harbor master with what he hopes is a friendly nod. We need to find a certain ship. My companion Fisbin here has the details.

Aid another for Diplomacy 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (19) - 2 = 17

Silver Crusade

HP 66/66 , Init +2, AC: 21, T: 11, FF: 20, CMB: 19, F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 (constant Prot from Evil (+2), no Food or Water, Natuve Outsider) Perception +8 <Darkvision 60ft>, Channel: /7 used, 5d6, (DC 20 +13 vs Undead, +4 vs Evil Outsiders) NG Male Aasimar Cleric 8.2, Sunflare: +7/+2, 1d6+7 (15/x2) S

"Well, hello, Master Clerk Baltios. I'm Father Ignatious, servant of the Dawn's Flower and Pahfinder. We seek a group of Ulfen warriors, crew to a mighty vessel we are told taking lodgings in one of your warehouses. Can you help us to find the. The Leader is named Beinherr, though as we commonly do, he may have given another name. I also understand that this, " sliding over 10 GP, "is the proverbial "coin of the realm"".

Silver Crusade

HP 66/66 , Init +2, AC: 21, T: 11, FF: 20, CMB: 19, F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 (constant Prot from Evil (+2), no Food or Water, Natuve Outsider) Perception +8 <Darkvision 60ft>, Channel: /7 used, 5d6, (DC 20 +13 vs Undead, +4 vs Evil Outsiders) NG Male Aasimar Cleric 8.2, Sunflare: +7/+2, 1d6+7 (15/x2) S

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

Andoran

Male HP 10/10, Init +5, AC: 12, T: 12, FF: 10 F: +3, R: +3, W: +3 Perception -1 <Darkvision 60ft>, CMD: 10, Male Half-Orc Sorcerer 1

Aid another for Diplomacy 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Grand Lodge

Male Human Alchmist 2 barbaian 1

diplomacy 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19

Grand Lodge

Male Human Alchmist 2 barbaian 1

for the other one at Tullo Baltios 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14


Seeker's Folly

The harbormaster is only willing to entertain the question after the coins are offered. Baltias is less discerning, but takes the money as well. Both offer the same answer: "Bengeirr Haldyrsson rented the warehouse across from the Rosy Fingers Tavern." They include directions and an address.

Only one bribe needed, and you have enough coins from the guards that no one needs to cross anything off their sheets. Sorry if that made it confusing, but wanted to keep y'all's options open.

The warehouse across from the Rosy Fingers Tavern is built right on the docks, part of out extending over the water. The building is thirty feet tall with no visible windows. On the landward side is a pair of large cargo doors with a smaller door built into the right one. Piers run along either side of the building and on the seaward side is a massive set of doors able to accommodate a small ship.

The street is busy, with several taverns among the warehouses. Most of the warehouses have sentries in front of them, and the ships at the docks are similarly guarded. A north-lander warrior with an axe resting in his lap sits on a small pile of crates across from the warehouse, obviously keeping watch on the main door.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Alchmist 2 barbaian 1

i'll head over there if the party is with me... and have a little talk with him...

Silver Crusade

HP 66/66 , Init +2, AC: 21, T: 11, FF: 20, CMB: 19, F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 (constant Prot from Evil (+2), no Food or Water, Natuve Outsider) Perception +8 <Darkvision 60ft>, Channel: /7 used, 5d6, (DC 20 +13 vs Undead, +4 vs Evil Outsiders) NG Male Aasimar Cleric 8.2, Sunflare: +7/+2, 1d6+7 (15/x2) S

I'll simply walk up to the man, unthreateningly, and try to strike up a conversation.

"Excuse me, my friend. How are you doing. I was concidering renting out the building over there and wondering what your opinion of the area was? Is it pretty safe? Is the owner a pretty good guy? Things like that. What do ya think?"

If needed, a bluff check, though I'm not really trying to accomplish anything as much as just see if this is the right place to be and what sort of security they might have in the area.
Bluff: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
and a very terrible Perception check with it.

Silver Crusade

HP 19/19, Init +3, AC: 20, T: 11, FF: 19, F: +7, R: +2, W: +5 Perception +6 <Darkvission 60ft>, CMD: 15 , Male Half-Orc Inquisitor 1/Fighter (Weapon Master) 1

Zaryn follows Ignatious but doesn't say anything unless spoken to.

Andoran

Male HP 10/10, Init +5, AC: 12, T: 12, FF: 10 F: +3, R: +3, W: +3 Perception -1 <Darkvision 60ft>, CMD: 10, Male Half-Orc Sorcerer 1

As if possessed, Aram shoves Ignatious out of the way.

"Hey! Hey! Hey! My friend is too modest! We're gonna fill one of these warehouses with my own invention: little cubes that cast a continual 'burning hands' spell! Warm your entire home! Revolutionize indoor heating! We just need to know if this is a proper area for one of my genius to set up his business; we need to know things like what my friend here just asked!"

I'm going to use my bloodline power to add a +5 to my bluff roll. I can aid Ignatious.

1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25


Seeker's Folly

"You want to throw fire around continually in a ship? The man is not sure if he is impressed or frightened. He has spent many a cold night sailing though, so maybe it is a good idea. Uh. Yeah, the boss arranged everything, but I guess it is good as these buildings go. We don't have any with a ship inside them back home.

Osirion

Human Pistolero Gunslinger 6 / Alchemist 2 | HP 64/64 | AC 25 [F 17 T 19] | CMD 28 | F+11 R+16 W+6 | Init +10| Perc +11/+16 | Grit 2/4

While his companions are distracting the guard, Maps will sneak over to the warehouse and attempt to find a window or crack in the wall to look inside.

Stealth 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Druid 6 - Init +5 - HP: 63/63, - AC: 24/T: 14/FF: 21 18/13/16- Perception: +8 <Darkvision 60ft> F: +9(11)/R: +6(8)/W: +9(11) - CMB: +7 - CMD: 20 <+4 vs trip & bull rush>, Speed: 20ft

Barlor stays with Aram, making sure the weak-bodied sorcerer doesn't get into too much trouble.

Andoran

Male HP 10/10, Init +5, AC: 12, T: 12, FF: 10 F: +3, R: +3, W: +3 Perception -1 <Darkvision 60ft>, CMD: 10, Male Half-Orc Sorcerer 1

Noticing Maps' attemps at stealh, Aram continues wildly gesticulating, now going on about chamber pots with small portals to the void of space. In between the stammered, confused comments of the guard, Aram thinks to himself:

What am I doing? I feel like I can tell this guy anything and he'll believe me. I'm starting to scare myself.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Druid 6 - Init +5 - HP: 63/63, - AC: 24/T: 14/FF: 21 18/13/16- Perception: +8 <Darkvision 60ft> F: +9(11)/R: +6(8)/W: +9(11) - CMB: +7 - CMD: 20 <+4 vs trip & bull rush>, Speed: 20ft

Try telling him there's an ooze infestation and you came here to exterminate them, payment due. :)

Andoran

Male HP 10/10, Init +5, AC: 12, T: 12, FF: 10 F: +3, R: +3, W: +3 Perception -1 <Darkvision 60ft>, CMD: 10, Male Half-Orc Sorcerer 1
Barlor wrote:
Try telling him there's an ooze infestation and you came here to exterminate them, payment due. :)

That might be difficult, since I've already cast myself as a crazy merchant :)

Grand Lodge

Male Human Alchmist 2 barbaian 1

i shall do it....


Seeker's Folly
Maps wrote:

While his companions are distracting the guard, Maps will sneak over to the warehouse and attempt to find a window or crack in the wall to look inside.

Stealth 1d20+8

perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14 the guard continues talking with the crazed merchant as the quiet, tattooed man makes his way up to the window.

windows are on the north (facing the guard) east or west, choose one, or I will choose one randomly tomorrow. Sorry for the slow post: site was down while I was at the comp today :(

Osirion

Human Pistolero Gunslinger 6 / Alchemist 2 | HP 64/64 | AC 25 [F 17 T 19] | CMD 28 | F+11 R+16 W+6 | Init +10| Perc +11/+16 | Grit 2/4

Maps slides up into the shadows next to the east window.


Seeker's Folly

The guard continues his conversation with the fascinating merchant "Chamber pots? You don't say. Pots that empty themselves? We don't have those back home either."

After slipping through the crowds (it is still mid-day) Maps peers into the window.
Maps:

Spoiler:
If you went to the west window the ship would have blocked your view and I would have asked for a second stealth check. Instead you see two more guards inside the warehouse and stairs to a loft above.


Seeker's Folly

That certainly sounds incredible. I am not much of a fan of this city but you certainly have some big ideas," says the guard while keeping an eye on the warehouse.

Osirion

Human Pistolero Gunslinger 6 / Alchemist 2 | HP 64/64 | AC 25 [F 17 T 19] | CMD 28 | F+11 R+16 W+6 | Init +10| Perc +11/+16 | Grit 2/4

Can I tell if the front door is locked or barred on the inside? Also how difficult would it be to climb up and get a peek into the loft?


Seeker's Folly

the door is too far away to tell if it is locked or not. The walls ar climbable, though doing so stealthily is the trickier part, guards on the inside & one out.

Climbing the wall:

Spoiler:
DC 10 climb check
, opposed stealth. The sky lights are covered in oiled paper (to keep the rain out) they also have bars over them. Nothing is immediately visible.


Passers by pick up a little, as dock workers & others stop in the Rosy Fingers got th1 lunch hour.

Osirion

Human Pistolero Gunslinger 6 / Alchemist 2 | HP 64/64 | AC 25 [F 17 T 19] | CMD 28 | F+11 R+16 W+6 | Init +10| Perc +11/+16 | Grit 2/4

Moving towards the end of the pier, Maps takes out a bomb and throws it at the large doors that open to the ship. Once done, he'll move back to the window too see the reaction of the guards.

I don't want to burn the place down, so I'll try to aim for damp wood. My intent is to start a small smoking fire at the doors to distract the guards inside.

Throw bomb 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Druid 6 - Init +5 - HP: 63/63, - AC: 24/T: 14/FF: 21 18/13/16- Perception: +8 <Darkvision 60ft> F: +9(11)/R: +6(8)/W: +9(11) - CMB: +7 - CMD: 20 <+4 vs trip & bull rush>, Speed: 20ft

Barlor gathers up 3 small stones and stuffs them in his pocket.

Andoran

Male HP 10/10, Init +5, AC: 12, T: 12, FF: 10 F: +3, R: +3, W: +3 Perception -1 <Darkvision 60ft>, CMD: 10, Male Half-Orc Sorcerer 1
Venture Teller Play b'Post wrote:
That certainly sounds incredible. I am not much of a fan of this city but you certainly have some big ideas," says the guard while keeping an eye on the warehouse.

Afraid that the guard is going to see maps sneaking around, Aram grabs the guard and spins him toward the harbour with one arm around his shoulders.

"That's not all! Just picture it! Ships with self-contained 'lighting bolt' spells at the back for propulsion! Cross the entire inner sea in just six hours!"


Seeker's Folly

The guard turns to the harbor when the bomb explodes. "Excuse me, I have work to do." He runs to the west side of the warehouse looking down the empty dock, then crosses to the east side, looking down there as well. People in the street have stopped at the noise, many pointing toward the sound.

Meanwhile, inside the warehouse:

Spoiler:
One guard moves to the ship doors to check on the explosion. The other moves to the window next to the door (north) and peers out in time to see his compatriot move to the east side as well.
perception outside guard: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
perception inside guard: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15 maps if you are still trying to hide, make a stealth check.

Osirion

Human Pistolero Gunslinger 6 / Alchemist 2 | HP 64/64 | AC 25 [F 17 T 19] | CMD 28 | F+11 R+16 W+6 | Init +10| Perc +11/+16 | Grit 2/4

Maps flattens himself against the wall, attempting to stay out of sight.

Stealth 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Andoran

Male HP 10/10, Init +5, AC: 12, T: 12, FF: 10 F: +3, R: +3, W: +3 Perception -1 <Darkvision 60ft>, CMD: 10, Male Half-Orc Sorcerer 1

Aram is infuriated by the guard suddenly dismissing him, despite his more pressing matters. The dark shadow once again passes over his face.

"You dare walk away from me!?! I'll...I'll..." Aram wobbles, falling against Ignatious and holding his head. "That feeling again...gods, what could it be?"

Silver Crusade

{HP21/21 | AC 18 FF17 T11 CMD 16 | F/R/W 5/3/8} Male

Strat watches as Aram wobbles. He's figured out enought that something is going on, but what he can't fathom. And where's Maps? Figuring Ignatious can handle Aram, Strat moves instead to keep the crowd back. In case he's wrong and Aram is sick. Hopefully not with what infected Skelg.

"All right everyone, back up. Sick man here, give him some room and keep going. Barlor, see what that sound was so the guard doesn't have to leave his post."

Intimidate on the crowd: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Druid 6 - Init +5 - HP: 63/63, - AC: 24/T: 14/FF: 21 18/13/16- Perception: +8 <Darkvision 60ft> F: +9(11)/R: +6(8)/W: +9(11) - CMB: +7 - CMD: 20 <+4 vs trip & bull rush>, Speed: 20ft

"I can clean up whatever mess these sloppy shoremen have stirred up this time. Dontchya goin' worryin'."
Barlor heads off in the direction of the sound.


Seeker's Folly

The guard seeing nothing down either pier (the warehouse having a pier along both sides) returns to the front of the building and confers with someone through the front door. He watches the crowd with practiced eyes. Something must have dawned on him, as he looks at the exuberant merchant repeatedly.

The crowd moves away from the fearsome Cleric of Sarenrae as the dwarf moves down the nearest dock (W side of the warehouse). Through its windows he can see a ship. The dock is 20 feet or so longer than the warehouse allowing him to look back at the massive doors which allow a ship to enter. A scorched spot still smokes on one of the doors. an alchemical explosion scorched the door, though it was not enough to burn the wet wood.

Osirion

Human Pistolero Gunslinger 6 / Alchemist 2 | HP 64/64 | AC 25 [F 17 T 19] | CMD 28 | F+11 R+16 W+6 | Init +10| Perc +11/+16 | Grit 2/4

Maps attempts to spy through the window again and eavesdrop on the conversation of the guards at the door.


Seeker's Folly

Spoiler:
The conversation is too far away to make anything out. The third guard returns from the ship doors and reports to someone in the loft. He answers a few questions by nodding & shaking his head as he speaks, but what is said is unknown. When nothing further happens, the guards return to their posts.
short of going inside, their is little information to be gained. You canreturn to the party & get them up to speed or you can try & get inside to get more info (though I suppose their other options than what I have :)

The guard moves to door & takes up his position.

Osirion

Human Pistolero Gunslinger 6 / Alchemist 2 | HP 64/64 | AC 25 [F 17 T 19] | CMD 28 | F+11 R+16 W+6 | Init +10| Perc +11/+16 | Grit 2/4

Maps makes his way back to his companions and draws them out of sight from the guard.

Ship inside. Two more guards. At least one more person upstairs. I think we can take them. Might be able to slip inside through a window on the shipward side if we can take care of the man on the street.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Druid 6 - Init +5 - HP: 63/63, - AC: 24/T: 14/FF: 21 18/13/16- Perception: +8 <Darkvision 60ft> F: +9(11)/R: +6(8)/W: +9(11) - CMB: +7 - CMD: 20 <+4 vs trip & bull rush>, Speed: 20ft

"Sure could use a wizard type to get that'n on our side."

Grand Lodge

Male Human Alchmist 2 barbaian 1

i'll sorta wisper "what happends if we climb on the side later on during the night?"

Osirion

Human Pistolero Gunslinger 6 / Alchemist 2 | HP 64/64 | AC 25 [F 17 T 19] | CMD 28 | F+11 R+16 W+6 | Init +10| Perc +11/+16 | Grit 2/4

Warehouse is easy to climb, but there are bars on the windows above. Maps replies. I'm thinking we'd make too much noise.

Silver Crusade

HP 66/66 , Init +2, AC: 21, T: 11, FF: 20, CMB: 19, F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 (constant Prot from Evil (+2), no Food or Water, Natuve Outsider) Perception +8 <Darkvision 60ft>, Channel: /7 used, 5d6, (DC 20 +13 vs Undead, +4 vs Evil Outsiders) NG Male Aasimar Cleric 8.2, Sunflare: +7/+2, 1d6+7 (15/x2) S

I have a whole post ready to go when I get off work, but the site went down. Good thing I copied it before I hit Post.

Andoran

Male HP 10/10, Init +5, AC: 12, T: 12, FF: 10 F: +3, R: +3, W: +3 Perception -1 <Darkvision 60ft>, CMD: 10, Male Half-Orc Sorcerer 1
Barlor wrote:
"Sure could use a wizard type to get that'n on our side."

Aram, recovering, addresses Barlor:

"And what do you think I am? And 'that'n'? You mean the guard?"

Silver Crusade

HP 66/66 , Init +2, AC: 21, T: 11, FF: 20, CMB: 19, F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 (constant Prot from Evil (+2), no Food or Water, Natuve Outsider) Perception +8 <Darkvision 60ft>, Channel: /7 used, 5d6, (DC 20 +13 vs Undead, +4 vs Evil Outsiders) NG Male Aasimar Cleric 8.2, Sunflare: +7/+2, 1d6+7 (15/x2) S

"I think we should simply have Aram use his bloodmagic on the guard in the street. Put him to sleep, or something along those lines, and then breech the warehouse. Are we certain that this is the right one? Once inside, we needn't worry so much about civilians and the Watch seeing us do anything. "

"It is extremely important, though, that we not kill these warriors. We need to find the Lantern, and we will need to question them, as well as find out why they have done what they have. I'm also sure that the Society may want some information from them. We also need to see if we can rescue Thomas, and these Ulfen warriors are our only chance at doing any of this. Nonfatal attacks as much as you can."

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Druid 6 - Init +5 - HP: 63/63, - AC: 24/T: 14/FF: 21 18/13/16- Perception: +8 <Darkvision 60ft> F: +9(11)/R: +6(8)/W: +9(11) - CMB: +7 - CMD: 20 <+4 vs trip & bull rush>, Speed: 20ft

"Thought you was just a mouth full o' words."
Barlor responds frankly.
"Course I meant the guard."

Turning to Ignatius, "Only needa keep one. But I can see about goin' easy I 'spose."

Grand Lodge

Male Human Alchmist 2 barbaian 1

come back later.. put gurad alseep then "help" him inside...


Seeker's Folly

The warehouse to help you plan. Something Maps is able to describe to everyone. Building at the top is the Rosy Fingers Tavern.

201 to 250 of 578 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Frozen Fingers of Midnight PFS PBP by Curaigh All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.