Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Free City Citizen's Militia: Special Ops

Game Master Lil B


251 to 292 of 292 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

Kynrael's move


Male Aasimar (Angelkin) Oracle 1

Let me know when the Enlarge drops off; I'll just keep the modifiers rolling until then.

Oh no you don't! I remember what you buggers can do. Kynrael barrels forward into the flash beetle, delivering a strike intended to crush the creature between hammer and wall.

Kynrael is charging the beetle at F4
Enlarge: +2 Str; -2 Dex; -1 to Attacks; -1 to AC.
Charge: +2 Attack; -2 AC.
Kynrael's AC is now 16, his Initiative is 1 lower, and his hammer is dishing out 2d6 damage.

Attack Roll: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Damage: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (3, 1) + 5 = 9


Kynrael's swing smashes the beetle.

Round 2. There is one guard left, and two that have been sleeping, but have started to awaken. They will not get actions until round 3.


Male Goblin Fighter (Archer) 1

Porks tries to prevent the group from being flanked by picking off one of the newly awakened mites.

Pork moves to B7 and attacks the mite in E9
Attack vs flat-flooted AC: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Male Human Rogue (Scout) 1

Rois moves to F8 and attacks Mite 4. Is it prone or helpless? In the former case, it gets a -4 AC penalty vs. melee. If it's the latter, I get a +4 bonus to attack rolls (so it amounts to pretty much the same). Of course, they might just be flat-footed, in which case I'm simply working to hit flat-footed AC.

+3 Strength, +1 Masterwork

Attack (Short Sword) vs. Flat-Footed (or Prone/Helpless) - 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 1 = 13
If it hits, it deals 1d6 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 3 + (2) = 10 points of piercing damage.

As Rois crosses the room, he flips his blade in his hand. He reaches his target, and stabs downward.


Current AC: 18 HP: 27/27; Acid Dart 9/9;
Stats:
AC 14, T 11, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +4; Init +1; Percept +14
Human Wizard 4

Argor quickly turns about and releases another blue beam at the remaining awake guard.

Ray of Frost, Ranged Touch Attack:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Damage:1d3 ⇒ 2


Pork's arrow strikes Mite 3, and he grunts in pain. Rois' slash ends the life of Mite 4.

The standing mite guard attacks Kynrael.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

dmg 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1


Male Aasimar (Angelkin) Oracle 1

Kynrael growls as the mite lands a blow, and makes to return the favor, unleashing a flurry of swings from high above.

Attack Roll: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Damage: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (1, 1) + 5 = 7
Threat of Critical; Confirm Roll: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Additional Damage if confirmed (x3): 4d6 + 10 ⇒ (3, 2, 1, 3) + 10 = 19


Kynrael's attack is slighly overzealous, and the mite practically explodes from the smahing hammer strike leaving a lump of blue flesh and crumpled armor.


Male Goblin Fighter (Archer) 1

Seeing the Kynrael utterly obliterate the mite makes Pork go into a blood frenzy and he draws his bow far behind his head before releasing it into the pitiful creature.

Pork attacks mite 3
Attack vs flat-footed AC: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Current AC: 18 HP: 27/27; Acid Dart 9/9;
Stats:
AC 14, T 11, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +4; Init +1; Percept +14
Human Wizard 4

Folding his arms into his robes, Argor smirks slightly and scans the room for anything to provide them clues as to the mage and miners location.

Perception 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15


Male Human Rogue (Scout) 1

With a downward cut, Rois tries to fell Pork's target.

Rois will stay in F8, but make an attack against Mite 3, who I think is still either helpless or prone.

+3 Strength, +1 Masterwork

Attack (Short Sword) vs. Flat-Footed (or Prone/Helpless) - 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 3 + 1 = 19
If it hits, it deals 1d6 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 3 + (1) = 7 points of piercing damage.


Rois' slash kills the last remaining mite. A quick search of the guards reveals each has a sickle, 10 darts, an unholy symbol, and a key. All of the keys are the same.

The room is lttered with personal effects, and the weapon rack contains a medium silver longsword.

Argor spots nothing of interest.


I'm without internet access at home right now for some reason. They're supposed to come by Saturday and fix. The hallway north leads to a door. In addition to the weapons rack, there are several mattresses on the floor in this room, and a crude shrine. Any actions?


Current AC: 18 HP: 27/27; Acid Dart 9/9;
Stats:
AC 14, T 11, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +4; Init +1; Percept +14
Human Wizard 4

Argor mutters a quick arcane phrase, and looks over each item carefully, as well as the shrine.

Detect Magic on each item.


Male Human Rogue (Scout) 1

Rois will listen at the door, and check it for traps.

Traps: Perception - 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Listen: Perception - 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


Argor you notice some small auras coming from a couple of the mattresses, but no others.

Rois finds no traps on the door. You hear slight shuffling coming from the room on the other side of the door.


Current AC: 18 HP: 27/27; Acid Dart 9/9;
Stats:
AC 14, T 11, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +4; Init +1; Percept +14
Human Wizard 4

Argor kneels down to examine the glowing items, and stores them away for later thorough examination.


The glowing items are hidden within two of the mattresses. You find two scrolls and a potion of cure light wounds.


Male Human Rogue (Scout) 1

Rois strides carefully back to the center of the room. "Rustling on the other side of that." he murmurs, indicating the door. He draws his second sword.


Male Aasimar (Angelkin) Oracle 1

I think the enlarge should be worn off now.

Kynrael retrieves the silver longsword from the weapon rack. Admiring it momentarily, he turns to the group. "I doubt this blade would be first choice for any of us, but a silver blade might come in handy. I was told during my time at the Temple of Iomedae that such weapons are particularly effective against certain creatures."

"We should all take one of the keys off the dead ones as well. Never know what might happen further in." Kynrael kneels down over the pulpy mess of the mite he recently ended, fishing out the key from the gory remains. He tucks it gently into his coin purse and stands up once more, turning his eyes towards the northern hallway.


Current AC: 18 HP: 27/27; Acid Dart 9/9;
Stats:
AC 14, T 11, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +4; Init +1; Percept +14
Human Wizard 4

"Wise plan, Kynrael." Good to see he can use his head as well as his brawn.

After storing the items away, Argor makes his way to the group, placing everyone between himself and the door Rois mentioned. "Well I doubt we have the surprise on them, given the ruckus we caused here. We've probably lost it altogether at this point anyway. If anyone is still alive, our best chance of finding them that way is to move quickly, but cautiously, and take advantage of every resource we find in here. Such as..." Argor removes the newly found potion from his pack, and hands it to Kynrael, "I found this in one of the mites things. Should help keep you alive should your healing magics be needed elsewhere."


Male Human Rogue (Scout) 1

"Agreed." Rois grunts as he opens the door in front of them.


Sorry for the delay. I have had a crazy week.

The room you enter is bare of all furnishings. There are four people in the rooom in desheveled clothes. Thes must be some of the miners that have disappeared. They look to be in a sorry state, possibly ill.

A young man looks up as you enter. Thank Erastil. I thought I would die in here. Are you here to rescue us?


Current AC: 18 HP: 27/27; Acid Dart 9/9;
Stats:
AC 14, T 11, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +4; Init +1; Percept +14
Human Wizard 4

Argor's eyebrow rises as he looks over the people in the room, looking for any who may be the wizard. Perhaps they have him imprisoned elsewhere within these caverns. Unless he was slain outright...


Male Human Rogue (Scout) 1

"Be sure of that." Rois slides his short swords back into their scabbards. "Just the four of you? Any other prisoners, that you've seen?"


The strange blue creatures took away one of the miners that was with us, other than that, no. All we have seen is the blue creatures, some giant insects and their leader. He appears to be some sort of wizard, but his body is made of worms. He infected us with something using giant bugs that look like cockroaches.


Male Aasimar (Angelkin) Oracle 1

"Infected?" Kynrael's face washes over with concern upon hearing the miner's words. "Tell us exactly what these 'cockroaches' did to you, if you could. We've a wizard of our own, and he may know something more about it."

Kynrael fetches his cooking kit from his bags, and sets out some small bowls. He holds his hand out over them and closes his eyes for a moment, a small chant making its way through his lips. As he opens his eyes, water begins to fill all of the bowls, which he then sets to distributing among the prisoners.


Male Human Rogue (Scout) 1

Rois's face twists in anger. Damnable creatures!

"They will answer for what they've done. Be sure of that."


Current AC: 18 HP: 27/27; Acid Dart 9/9;
Stats:
AC 14, T 11, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +4; Init +1; Percept +14
Human Wizard 4

Knowledge (Arcana) in relation to the miners story.

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14


Argor: You vaguely recall rumors, that particularly evil wizards sometimes come back as a being made of worms and refuse, but you don't remember any specific details about such a transformation.


Current AC: 18 HP: 27/27; Acid Dart 9/9;
Stats:
AC 14, T 11, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +4; Init +1; Percept +14
Human Wizard 4

Turning from the group of prisoners, Argor mutters, "Not any sort of spell or curse I'm aware of, and I'm not as versed in diseases as you may think. However this wizard sounds like serious trouble. Keep a keen eye out for anything suspicious..."


Male Human Rogue (Scout) 1

"Keep a keen eye out? Surely." Rois growls. "I'll have a pair of keen blades out too, when we meet this...wizard."


What is your next move?


Male Human Rogue (Scout) 1

"Been going in a circle, haven't we?" Rois grumbles. "Let's lift a foot, and keep with it."

He makes for the door, but hesitates, and turns back to the prisoners. "We've cleared the way. Think you lot could make it back to town?"


There are a lot of different critters wandering around here, and a couple of us are not doing so well, so it might be best if you accompany us to the entrance.


Male Aasimar (Angelkin) Oracle 1

"I gladly volunteer to see these folks safely back to the surface." Kynrael begins to survey the room and slain mites for a moment before continuing, "We should see about distributing some of this gear as well. Gods willing, it won't come to it, but I'd feel more comfortable if they had weapons to defend themselves with."


Male Human Rogue (Scout) 1

"Agreed." Rois nods as he slides one of his swords back into its scabbard and lifts his lantern. "We'll see them out, then see ourselves back in."


Current AC: 18 HP: 27/27; Acid Dart 9/9;
Stats:
AC 14, T 11, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +4; Init +1; Percept +14
Human Wizard 4

Before the group sets out, Argor says, "Gentlemen, a word..."

Once at least Rois and Kyndrael are out of earshot of the miners, he whispers, "Perhaps this isn't the best course of action. These men admit to an entity infecting them with something. Letting these men just return unsupervised could lead to whatever it is they have spreading and running rampant through the land. I suggest a cautious plan, clearing out and finding all the people we can, and escort them directly to a temple to be cleansed both physically and mystically."


Male Human Rogue (Scout) 1

"Wise words." Rois agrees, speaking quietly. "Yet what if we fall, or face capture ourselves? They're no better then than they were afore we came."


Current AC: 18 HP: 27/27; Acid Dart 9/9;
Stats:
AC 14, T 11, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +4; Init +1; Percept +14
Human Wizard 4

"Perhaps, but at least then we haven't risked the safety of our homeland. I could be fretting over nothing, but I prefer to err on the side of caution."


Male Human Rogue (Scout) 1

"Right you are. Right you are." Rois nods. "Let's be underway then, but first we should leave the miners with some of the arms we've recovered, and an explanation as to why 'here' is better than 'there,' eh?"

251 to 292 of 292 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Free City Citizen's Militia: Special Ops All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.