Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Free City Citizen's Militia: Special Ops

Game Master Lil B


201 to 250 of 292 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

The scorpions leg buckle under it, and it dies from Rois' sword slash, Pork's arrow strikes the mite as it dismounts the dead scorpion and draws its flail.

End of round. The mite had its bow readied.


Current AC: 14 HP: 20/20; Acid Dart 9/9;
Stats:
AC 14, T 11, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +3; Init +1; Percept +13
Human Wizard 3

Argor says, "Goblin, watch behind us in case there are others.". He then sends another beam in the Mite's direction.

Ray of Frost, Ranged Touch Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5. Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3.


Male Aasimar (Angelkin) Oracle 1

My mistake; forgot I was 2nd on initiative this combat

Kynrael steps forward, straddling one of the immense scorpion's pincers as he attempts to deliver a fatal blow to the dismounted rider. His face twists angrily as he cries, "Iodtau vau zain Erum-Hel cheth'gimpeschin kuff'memsameth!"

Celestial:
"Just as The Inheritor smote Erum-Hel to the depths of Orv, so too shall you be laid low!"

Attack Roll: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Argor's ray misses, but Kynrael swing strikes true. The mite still stands.


Male Human Rogue (Scout) 1

Rois takes a 5-Foot Step to L11 and attacks the might with his sword.

Strength +3, Masterwork +1

Attack (Short Sword) vs. AC - 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 3 + 1 = 15
If it hits, it deals 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 points of slashing damage.

Rois then draws his second short sword as a move action.


Male Goblin Fighter (Archer) 1

Hearing the wizard's commands, Pork obeys. If the wizard wishes to be closer to a creature who can shrug off their swords, hammers, spells and arrows, Pork would be happy to oblige.

Pork fires one last arrow at the mite then moves to F14 and keeps both eyes on the other hallway.

Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Male Human Rogue (Scout) 1

Sorry, I meant piercing damage, not slashing.


Rois' swing falls wide, but Pork's arrow hits the mite in the chest. He continues fighting, taking a swing at Kynrael.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

He still rattled from the previous two blows and the flail almost knocks him off balance.


Current AC: 14 HP: 20/20; Acid Dart 9/9;
Stats:
AC 14, T 11, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +3; Init +1; Percept +13
Human Wizard 3

Argor gets a frustrated look on his face. Theres more than one way to kill a pest, squashing them usually works best...

He then steps up behind Kynrael, reaches into his spell components, and rubs a thin layer of dark grey powder over his hand. He mutters a quick incantation and the powder begins to glow. He smirks and says, "Mind the ceiling, Sir Dawantle," and touches Kynrael's shoulder.

Enlarge Person on Kynrael.


Male Human Rogue (Scout) 1

Rois takes a 5-Foot Step to M11 and makes a full attack.

With a quick duck to his left, Rois brings both swords to bear against his foe.

+3 Strength, +2 Flank, +1 Masterwork, -2 Two Weapon Penalty

First Attack (Short Sword) vs. AC - 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 16
If it hits, it deals 1d6 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 3 + (4) = 12 points of piercing damage.

Second Attack (Short Sword) vs. AC - 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 16
If it hits, it deals 1d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 1 + (3) = 9 points of piercing damage.


Both attacks miss.


Male Goblin Fighter (Archer) 1

Pork tried his hardest to ignore the battle and keep watch on the rear. He stared what seemed like centuries down the empty hallway, but finally couldn't resist the urge any longer and swivelled his head. The sight of the enlarged Rois towering over increasingly diminutive mite filled Pork with both horror and mirth, causing him to blurt out a sound that was a combination of the emotions "Baaaarh!" before firing another arrow.

Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 piercing damage

If we are retcon that Rois gets the Enlarge Person spell, then his attack gets an additional +1 from the extra strength, I believe.


Male Aasimar (Angelkin) Oracle 1

Kynrael's eyes widen for a moment as the corridor begins shrinking around him. It soon dawns on him what has transpired however, and he returns his ire to the mite beneath. His hand tightens around the grip of his warhammer, and he unleashes another vicious swing - adjusting for the reduced amount of maneuvering room - at the dead scorpion's previous rider.

Enlarge: +2 Str; -2 Dex; -1 to Attacks; -1 to AC;
Kynrael's AC is now 18, his Initiative is 1 lower, and his hammer is dishing out 2d6 damage.

Attack Roll: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Damage: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (6, 1) + 5 = 12


The attack misses. The mite shows fear for a brief second, but gains his resolve and swings again at Kynrael.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

miss


Current AC: 14 HP: 20/20; Acid Dart 9/9;
Stats:
AC 14, T 11, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +3; Init +1; Percept +13
Human Wizard 3

Argor smirks to himself. Well, I trust that should help end this a bit quicker, once he adjusts himself. None-the-less...

Ray of Frost, Ranged Touch 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20 Damage 1d3 ⇒ 1


The ray hits the mite, and he flinches, but continues standing.


Looks like it's Kynrael, then Rois and Pork to go.


Male Aasimar (Angelkin) Oracle 1

Kynrael grunts angrily as he prepares another blow against the mite. The thing is so small now I can barely keep track of him. Probably better if I stop aiming for precise blows and just flatten the thing! Gaining a new appreciation for his hammer's now immense size, Kynrael brings the weapon down in a quick strike.

Enlarge: +2 Str; -2 Dex; -1 to Attacks; -1 to AC;
Kynrael's AC is now 18, his Initiative is 1 lower, and his hammer is dishing out 2d6 damage.

Attack Roll: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Damage: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (5, 6) + 5 = 16

Well, that looks familiar.


Male Goblin Fighter (Archer) 1

Pork regains his composure and attempts to slay the brawny mite once and for all.

Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 piercing damage


The mite staggers and falls as the arrow hits.

I assume you search his body.

On the mite you find a masterwork flail, short bow, chain shirt, light steel shield, a potion of cure light wounds, and two vials of antivenom. The scorpion is saddled with one of the exotic saddles you saw in the room earlier.


Male Human Rogue (Scout) 1

Once the mite has fallen, Rois stares at Kynrael with wide eyes. Sweet mercy, he's huge! A spell?


Current AC: 14 HP: 20/20; Acid Dart 9/9;
Stats:
AC 14, T 11, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +3; Init +1; Percept +13
Human Wizard 3

Argor looks about as of there is a new urgency to the situation. "Let us continue quickly. The spell on Kynrael will only last about a minute. We should take advantage of it while we can."

With that, Argor glances at the minuscule warrior they had just laid low as he walks past it. "This stuff would only do one of our group any good, given their shared stature. The saddle may have some value to a collector or the like, however."


Male Human Rogue (Scout) 1

"Heard a grinding of machines afore the warrior rode out." Rois retrieves his lantern and sheathes one of his swords. "Let's move."


Male Aasimar (Angelkin) Oracle 1

The darkness clinging to the ceiling of the hallway attempts to mask Kynrael's features, though the result is an eerie result. From chest to head, he is cloaked in shadows - save for his eyes and halo. They appear as two silver wisps high above. They turn to regard Pork as the goblin's arrow finishes off the mite, and Kynrael nods in acknowledgement to Pork's killing blow. As the tide of battle wanes, however, so too do the telling signs of Kynrael's angelic heritage.

Argor begins speaking as these vestiges trail off completely, prompting Kynrael to say, "If we are agreed that the time for stealth has passed..." Kynrael approaches the nearest doorway lining the circular room and makes to open it.

Is the door locked, and can I fit through it?


The doors are not locked, and you can enter ducking.

You open the door and duck through the entrance.

This octaganol room is dominated by a large pit and four evenly spaced columns. The columns are segmented like the body of a giant worm or centipede. Broken wood, broken stone and twisted metal lies in piles about the floor. There are four solid doors into this room offset from the points of the compass. By the north pillar, there is a wheelbarrow filled with various garbage and refuse. There are two mites, smaller than the others, sorting through the refuse. The two mites see Kynrael as enters the north door, and run to the northeast corner cowering.


Male Human Rogue (Scout) 1

"Shameful sight, that." Rois aims the beam of his lantern on the fearful mites. "Bind 'em with rope?"


Current AC: 14 HP: 20/20; Acid Dart 9/9;
Stats:
AC 14, T 11, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +3; Init +1; Percept +13
Human Wizard 3

Argor shakes his head. "I have a feeling that if we tied up every one of these that cowered in fear of us, we'd run out of rope quickly. As I said, these things are generally accustomed to being the bottom of the food chain, so to speak."

He then quickly tries to size up the room and these strange pillars, attempting to make sense of them.

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
General Intelligence check to try to determine what these pillars represent: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


The pillars appear to just be decprative pillars, with no specific representation. You notice the foul smell coming from the pit. It appears they are using it to dispose of garbage.


Male Goblin Fighter (Archer) 1

On the topic of the mite's equipment, Pork explains that apart from the flail and perhaps the extra bow he would have no use for the items. He suggests that they sell them back in town once the rescue mission is over.

As the party enters the room he keeps his distance from Kynrael, not wanting to get trampled. At the sight of the mites Porks springs to action, but when the rest of the group hesitates Pork pauses and listens to them. After they finish, he says "These creatures will sneak up on us and slit our throats the first chance they get, and mine will be the first since it's the easiest to reach. I say we take no chances." He then approaches the pit and looks into it, seeing if we can spot anything interesting or of value in the refuse.

Perception check: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5


Male Human Rogue (Scout) 1

"Don't go shedding blood just yet." Rois turns to Argor. "You're studied. Maybe you share a tongue with them?"


Pork, you see nothing of interest in the pit, other than what appears to be piles of refuse at the bottom.


Current AC: 14 HP: 20/20; Acid Dart 9/9;
Stats:
AC 14, T 11, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +3; Init +1; Percept +13
Human Wizard 3

"Unless these particular ones are especially intelligent I doubt it. I am trained in many languages, but only of the surface races."


The language that you have heard chittered occasionally is unfamiliar to you. A lingusitics check of 15 will give you an idea as to what language they speak.


Current AC: 14 HP: 20/20; Acid Dart 9/9;
Stats:
AC 14, T 11, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +3; Init +1; Percept +13
Human Wizard 3

Linguistics: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23


You recognize the language they speak as undercommon.


Male Human Rogue (Scout) 1

"A shame." Rois grimaces. "Still, cutting down cravens doesn't sit right with me."


Current AC: 14 HP: 20/20; Acid Dart 9/9;
Stats:
AC 14, T 11, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +3; Init +1; Percept +13
Human Wizard 3

"I doubt these will do anything beyond what they are doing now. But leave them, kill them, bind them, do what you will, we are wasting time."

Let us see what sort of men these are.


Male Aasimar (Angelkin) Oracle 1

Kynrael grunts in what seems to be disapproval before bellowing out a response. "These ones are a fair dealer smaller than the other ones we've seen. Might be workers. Might even be children. Regardless, they seem to be offering no fight. I see no reason to waste time on them. Tying them up might be worse than killing them if we don't find our way back here later."

Kynrael leans over the pit briefly for a second, checking to see if anything other than garbage or refuse remains beneath.

Perception Check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

"There's bound to be more doors outside in the corridor. Probably worth a look."


I'm just waiting for a decision on what your next actions will be. I'll try to remember to post an updated map of this room this afternoon.


Current AC: 14 HP: 20/20; Acid Dart 9/9;
Stats:
AC 14, T 11, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +3; Init +1; Percept +13
Human Wizard 3

Unless I'm mistaken, I believe the consensus is to just leave these 2 be, and proceed about searching these tunnels.


The hallway outside of this room, completely encircles it. There is a door on the east, west and north as well as the door you came through to the south.


Male Human Rogue (Scout) 1

"As good a guess as the other two." Rois mutters, walking to the eastern door.

Stealth - 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Perception - 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 with an additional +1 to spot traps.


Male Aasimar (Angelkin) Oracle 1

You're getting out of control with those fumbles, haha!


You open the door to the room with no difficulty. No traps are set. The north and south walls of this room are lined with small piles of discarded cloth in rows no more than four feet long. Images of vermin destroying civilization decorate the wall, while at the east there is a haphazardly piled weapon rack.

Two mites are stationed with beetles at the north end of the room, while two mites sleep on the discarded cloth to the south.

Initiative
Beetles 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Mites 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Pork 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Rois 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Kynrael 1d20 ⇒ 10
Argor 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Map


Current AC: 14 HP: 20/20; Acid Dart 9/9;
Stats:
AC 14, T 11, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +3; Init +1; Percept +13
Human Wizard 3

Argor quickly unleashes another beam of energy at the nearest vermin in an attempt to give the group a slight advantage.

Ray of Frost on Beetle D4, 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11 touch attack. Damage 1d3 ⇒ 3


The ray hits the beetle.


Male Goblin Fighter (Archer) 1

Seeing Argor wound the beetle, Pork tries to finish it off.

move to A5
attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

let's just say that Pork was too frightened by Kynrael to object to him


Pork's arrow pierces the beetles shell killing it instantly.


Male Human Rogue (Scout) 1

Rois moves to D4 (former placement of the now deceased beetle), and attacks the nearest mite with his drawn short sword.

+3 Strength, +1 Masterwork

Attack (Short Sword) vs Flat-Footed - 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 3 + 1 = 23
If it hits, it deals 1d6 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 3 + (3) = 7 points of piercing damage.

Critical threat!

Confirm - 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 = 9
If it hits, it deals and additional 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 points of piercing damage.

Rois surges forward and brings his boot down on the shell of the dead beetle. He leans into his sword strike, and tries to fell the mite before it can act.


The mited falls in deadly swing from Rois. The critical didn't confirm, but the damage was enough to take it down anyway.

The standing mite yells for the other two mites two wake, orders something unintelligable at the flash beetle, and takes full defense.

201 to 250 of 292 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Free City Citizen's Militia: Special Ops All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.