Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Free City Citizen's Militia: Special Ops

Game Master Lil B


151 to 200 of 292 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

Male Goblin Fighter (Archer) 1

Oops, I forgot to do a dungeoneering check

Untrained Dungeoneering: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12


Male Human Rogue (Scout) 1

In one fluid motion, Rois kneels to place his lantern upon the floor, then springs up, sliding his other sword from its scabbard.

Move Action to put the lantern down in D7. It's a 60-foot cone of illumination, and I'd like to face it directly out from the door, as to light as much of the room as possible. With the second Move Action, Rois will draw his other short sword. Afterwards, he takes a 5-Foot Step to D6.


Current AC: 21 HP: 20/20; Acid Dart 9/9;
Stats:
AC 14, T 11, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +3; Init +1; Percept +13
Human Wizard 3

Argor scans over the scene, trying to pick his target carefully. Seeing two of the mites reacting slowly, he attempts to eliminate one of them quickly with another ray of energy.

Ray of Frost at M2. Ranged Touch 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8. Damage 1d3 ⇒ 1


Male Aasimar (Angelkin) Oracle 1

Kynrael snorts derisively at his would-be assailant, delivering a blow intended to drive the creature into the ground like a nail.

If his opponent is slain, Kynrael will 5-ft Step into E6 to give the back row some maneuvering room, as well as possibly draw the attention of the ones who haven't moved yet.

Attack Roll: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Damage Roll: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Male Goblin Fighter (Archer) 1

Seeing his allies rush into battle emboldens Pork with courage and he carefully shoots an arrow at the creatures on the right side of the room.

Pork will shoot an arrow at M4 if it is not dead. If M4 is dead then he will shoot at M3 instead. I believe both M4 and M3 have partial cover against Pork's attacks.

Attack vs AC: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Porks turn actually takes place first. He misses, Kynrael hits Mite 4 and takes him down. He was actually in E6, so I assume no move was taken by Kynrael. Argor's ray misses. Mite 3 moves to E5 and takes a swing at Rois.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

dmg 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0 1

Mite 1 and Mite 2 throw darts at Rois.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Both miss.

New Map

Rois' turn and then Mite 3


Male Goblin Fighter (Archer) 1

I don't want to speak for Kynrael, but I believe he wanted to move into E6 so he would be in the same square as the corpse of the creature he killed.


Male Human Rogue (Scout) 1

Rois makes a full attack against Mite 3, then takes a 5-Foot Step back to D7.

First Attack (Short Sword) - 1d20 + 3 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 3 + 1 - 2 = 13
If it hits, it deals 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 points of damage.

Second Attack (Short Sword) - 1d20 + 3 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 1 - 2 = 8
If it hits, it deals 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 points of damage.


Oops you're right. I didn't go back and reread when I was adjusting the map.

The first attacks strikes the Mite and and it drops to the ground dead.

Corrected and Updated Map


Current AC: 21 HP: 20/20; Acid Dart 9/9;
Stats:
AC 14, T 11, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +3; Init +1; Percept +13
Human Wizard 3

Argor grins to himself as he watches the scene unfold before him. Well, seems these two have things under control, no sense in expending my resources until they are absolutely needed.

He then calmly folds his arms into the sleeves of his black robe, and steps up into the doorway to survey the room for any signs of reinforcements. Still...best not let ourselves get overwhelmed by these things. Strength in numbers and all that...

Step up into E7, and Perception check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Male Goblin Fighter (Archer) 1

Pork rushes to the front and shoots the closest remaining monster, wondering how he missed their enormous heads before.

Pork moves F5 and attacks M2
Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Male Human Rogue (Scout) 1

Just a quick note on where Rois is positioned on the map: he took a 5-Foot Step back to D7 to get cover from the ranged attacks of Mite 1 and 2.


okay, missed that five foot step. No problem. Prior to Pork's arrow Mites 1 and 2 were still standing.

Porks arrow hits the mite in the eye, dropping him to the ground.

Mite 2 shows no signs of fear, and sends a dart towards Kynrael.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

miss


Male Aasimar (Angelkin) Oracle 1

Kynrael surges forward to the last remaining mite, eyes trailing silver as he makes to end the miserable creature's existence.

Moving to C4 and giving the runt a whack.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Well that went much more quickly than the last battle.

With one swing of his hammer, Kynrael knocks the pitful creature dead. A glance around the room, shows no other signs of life. The room contains three doors. There is a door across from where you entered, one to the left and one to the right, the door on the right is open.


Male Goblin Fighter (Archer) 1

Pork gave a sigh of relief as the last creature collapsed lifelessly to the ground. He then moved closer to the center of the room and looked through the open doorway.

Perception check: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2


Male Human Rogue (Scout) 1

Sheathing one of his blades, Rois lifts his lantern from the floor and holds it close to one of the strange humanoids. He turns the corpse over with his sword, then taps the flat of the blade against its clothing, seeking the telltale clink of metal on metal.

Perception - 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

"Never seen a creature of the like, nor heard of such."


Pork:
From your vantage, through the doorway, you see only an empty room.

A quick search of the body finds the sickle, ten darts, 14sp, and a small token in the shape of an anchor.

A search of the other three bodies also reveals sickles, darts, 14sp each, and one vial of cold iron wepaon blanch.


Male Human Rogue (Scout) 1

"Spoils of war." Rois grunts, lifting the anchor symbol into the light of his lantern. "Any here know what this might be about?"


Current AC: 21 HP: 20/20; Acid Dart 9/9;
Stats:
AC 14, T 11, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +3; Init +1; Percept +13
Human Wizard 3

As Rois begins examining the bodies, Argor responds to his statement, "Those were Mites. Bottom rung of the denizens of the realm that exists beneath the earth," he states matter-of-factly. Argor moves slightly further into the room, taking care to avoid stepping on any of they corpses, or any of their blood splatter. Messy business, this adventuring...

When Rois holds up the token and asks about it, Argor moves closer to investigate.

Only making Knowledge checks for things I have ranks in.

Knowledge (Local)1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
Knowledge (Arcana)1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Knowledge (Religion)1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Knowledge (Planes)1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15


Argor:
You recognize it as a feather token, a minor magical item. It can be used once, to create an anchor to moor a water craft and hold it immobile for one day.


Current AC: 21 HP: 20/20; Acid Dart 9/9;
Stats:
AC 14, T 11, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +3; Init +1; Percept +13
Human Wizard 3

Argor studies the item intently, and says, "I believe this to be magic trinket, nothing powerful or dangerous though if my guess is correct. Likely the thing didn't even know what it was he held. I could study it further, given time and better environs."


Male Human Rogue (Scout) 1

Rois hands the token to Argor. "All yours."


Almost forgot.
You each get 100 experience for that encounter. What action do you want to take now, go into the open room, or one of the doors?


Male Goblin Fighter (Archer) 1

Pork's mood immediately improves at the sight of the silver coins and he quickly pockets his share. Afterwards he tries to salvage his spent arrows then looks to the open doorway and says "Come on, these things may be ugly but they have lots of coins, maybe we'll find more in there."

Pork will take up the rear of the formation. Also, based on past experiences, I'm pretty sure Kynrael will take lead, followed by Rois and then Argor. Can we all agree on this default formation when we aren't scouting or checking for traps?

Recovering missed ammunition: 1d100 ⇒ 24


Male Human Rogue (Scout) 1

That's fine with me, though I think we should be checking for traps in this instance.

Perception (to find traps) - 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


Current AC: 21 HP: 20/20; Acid Dart 9/9;
Stats:
AC 14, T 11, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +3; Init +1; Percept +13
Human Wizard 3

Argor casually places the trinket in his belt pouch. "I will return it to you once I verify it's properties. Items infused with magic can sometimes be more than what they seem, and without proper care can sometimes actually be more of a burden than a benefit."

Argor looks about the rest of the room, and to the various doors. He thinks for a moment, then states, "I believe the best course of action would be to investigate the already open door first, as if any of these went for reinforcements, it is highly likely that they forgot to close the door behind them. These little buggers aren't known for their mental prowess. And, it's much less likely to be trapped, and if it is we can at least see through and search the otherside for them more easily."

I kinda figured Rois would lead to look for traps here, but in general yes I figure Kynrael would be our frontman and that positioning is what I had requested as far as for myself.


Rois:
You detect no traps

You approach the entry way, and the lantern shows you a filthy room. Scraps of bone and flesh litter the floor of this expansive rectangular chamber. Along the walls are loops of rope on hooks and strange leather saddles. The west wall has a small chalk board with writing on it.


Current AC: 21 HP: 20/20; Acid Dart 9/9;
Stats:
AC 14, T 11, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +3; Init +1; Percept +13
Human Wizard 3

Argor looks at the room with disgust, and covers his mouth and nose with the sleeve of his robes. He looks at the writing on the wall from the doorway to attempt to see what it is.

Linguistics: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29


Male Goblin Fighter (Archer) 1

Seeing the gory mess, Pork says "I hope none of these were townsfolk." Upon entering the room he tries to find any clues that would indicate that these remains once were miners.

Perception check: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9


Argor:
The board has three drawings on it, a scorpion, a spider, and insect-like creature that you don't recognize. Underneath each picture is a tally of some sort. The spider has the most marks, but there is no indication as to what those marks mean.

Pork:
You are unable to determine whether or not the flesh came from the miners.


Male Aasimar (Angelkin) Oracle 1

Kynrael shakes his head briefly upon witnessing the carnage of the room. If those are the bodies of the missing townsfolk... whatever else is down here had better pray - pray to whatever depraved Gods they serve for mercy, for I shall show them none.

Seeing no exit from this area, he turns back towards the chamber where the brief scuffle with the mites took place. As he returns, he calls back quietly, "I'll leave that mess to you all. Going to make sure they don't pin us up in there. If there are others, I'm sure they heard the death cries of their brethren."

Kynrael is going to move back into the room where the combat just took place and listen intently for anything approaching.

Perception Check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21


Current AC: 21 HP: 20/20; Acid Dart 9/9;
Stats:
AC 14, T 11, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +3; Init +1; Percept +13
Human Wizard 3

Argor takes Kynrael's cue and turns as well, "Yes, let's not dawdle. Pork, stop poking at that filth and come along. Rois, which way do you think is best?"

Argor moves next to Kynrael and says quietly. "I fear we've learned the fate of at least some of the miners, Sir Dawnmantle. Yet I think a cautious pace is still best for now ilunleas we find evidence that there are in fact survivors."


Forgot to post map of room. There is door at the western end.

Map


Male Goblin Fighter (Archer) 1

Dissapointed that he couldn't find anything interesting, Pork leaves the repulsive room. Knodding vigorously, he agrees with Argor that they should proceed cautiously. He then tries to see if there are any differences between the two closed doors, either in age, type of wood, etc, passing on any observations, as the rest of the party decides where they should go next.

Perception check: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6


Both doors look old, but in good repair, and to be made of the same type of wood.


Male Human Rogue (Scout) 1

"North door." Rois says, stepping gingerly up to it. He carefully inspects the hinges of the door, wary of traps.

Perception (Traps) - 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Assuming he finds no traps on the door, Rois attempts to open it.


You open the door and enter a hallway that appears to circle a room.

Map


Male Human Rogue (Scout) 1

Rois speaks in a hushed tone. "Wait here."

Moving to the right, Rois steps carefully to the opposite wall, searching for an opening or door.

If he comes to an open door, he'll try to peek in. If it's closed, he'll listen against it.

Perception - 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19 +1 to spot traps.
Stealth - 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


As you walk down the corridor and make the first turn to the left, you see a door on the inner wall. Listening at the door, you hear a loud grinding mechanism of some sort just as it comes to a halt.


Male Human Rogue (Scout) 1

Cripes, they heard me! Rois slinks back to the group, as quietly as he can.

Stealth - 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

For real? Another natural 1?


As you turn to walk back to the group, you drop your dagger on the ground and the sound of it echoes through the hallway. You hear a familiar chiitering sound approaching you down the hallway.

I'm at work, so I don't have access to edit the map. When I get home, I'll do initiative and put up a new map.


Current AC: 21 HP: 20/20; Acid Dart 9/9;
Stats:
AC 14, T 11, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +3; Init +1; Percept +13
Human Wizard 3

Argor rolls his eyes and says to Kynrael, "And the Marshall chose this guy as our scout. I wonder if she wants all of us to die or just him..." his voice dripping with sarcasm. He then prepares for the inevitable assault that is on its way.


As Rois reaches the group, a mite mounted on a scorpion rounds the corner. He yells something in a language you don't understand.

initiative
Scorpion Knight1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Pork1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Rois1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Kynrael1d20 ⇒ 13
Argor1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Map


Current AC: 21 HP: 20/20; Acid Dart 9/9;
Stats:
AC 14, T 11, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +3; Init +1; Percept +13
Human Wizard 3

Argor glances to make sure nothin is approaching from the rear, then unleashes a blue beam of energy at the Rider.

Ray of Frost: Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 1
Oh crap, the fumbles, THEY'RE SPREADING!


The ray misses striking the wall behind the knight.

I'm not going to do true fumbles the dropping of the weapon by Rois was just for dramatic effect, there no actual consequences.


Male Aasimar (Angelkin) Oracle 1

Kynrael hurries towards the charging creatures and attempts to bring his hammer down on the scorpion.

Moving to K13 and attacking the scorpion.
Attack Roll: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Ride Check1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15

The knight flinches from the blow, but remains in the saddle.

I forgot to roll initiative for the mount, but will give it the same initiative as the mite.


Male Human Rogue (Scout) 1

Rois grits his teeth, and turns on his heel, surging forward and lunging at the scorpion.

Rois moves to K12 and stabs at the scorpion with his short sword.

Attack (Short Sword) vs. Flat-Footed - 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
If it hits, it deals 1d6 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 3 + (1) = 10 points of damage.


Male Goblin Fighter (Archer) 1

As the scorpion and its rider appear into view, Pork immediately tries to fire his bow only to find he forgot to notch an arrow. Fumbling, he finally wrests a arrow from his quiver but by that time his compatriots had already advanced onto the enemy. He squints and aims carefully, finally taking a shot.

Pork moves to J14
Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

He is attacking the scorpion if it is still alive, otherwise, he shoots the mite.

151 to 200 of 292 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Free City Citizen's Militia: Special Ops All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.