Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Forged in Steel - Chicago & Gary by Night - A Second Edition Vampire the Masquerade Story

Game Master Dennis Harry

Forged in Steel - Connections


351 to 400 of 404 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>

9th Generation Ventrue | Bloodpool: 9/14 | Willpower: 7/7

James makes sure to make eye contact with J.D. and Lewis before joining Morgrym in the cab.


11th Generation Malkavian [ Blood Pool 9/12 | Willpower 5/5 | Humanity 6/6 ]

Charlotte remains quiet on the ride with Kent and Dalton, her thoughts elsewhere, some still remaining in Gary. She wonders if Jeremy had known this might happen, if that's why he hadn't gone to the Prince's gala. "Coward." She thinks to herself.

When they arrive and stand outside of the Sears tower, she's content to let the boys flex their mouths and muscles to try to gain entry, staring off into the night, seeing the Chicago streets for the first time. "There is more death here." She notes to no one in particular.

As Morgrym flags down a cab, she wonders for a moment how they'll all fit into it. A little yellow clown car, stuffed with grinning monsters, ready to spread delight or despair to anyone they should happen across. Turning to Kent she has a large smile on her face. "We're all clowns." She says.


Blood Pool 9/10; Willpower 7/7

Rick follows the others on his bike to succubus club.


Shadow's Status

BAPTISM OF FIRE - Friday - January 1, 1993Outside the Sears Tower

As Morgrym tries to flag down a cab, Rick hustles back to the parking garage and grabs is bike.

Six is a damn tight fit. Charlotte not wishing to be stuffed in with the boys opts to take a lift on Rick's bike.

The cabbie turns back to the group and laughs, "You Americans, never enough drink and drugs out all night. Party. Party!"

Quickly enough the ride is over and Morgrym pays the man and the group once again assembles this time before the Succubus Club. The Club's neon lights are still on and the crowd out front shows that this party might well go on till dawn!

The Cure song Just Like Heaven blasts from within loud when the doors are closed and really loud when they are opened. A line forms, even at this late hour, at the front door. The mix of patrons varies from Goths to Preps to the plain odd. Two bouncers, one massive and one of average height and weight man the front door.

The bigger bouncer approaches, "Excuse me sir but you can't park your bike there, we have a lot in the back".


Shadow's Status

Tyrell:
The car continues to speed along until all you can see are the Wastes. Industrial revolution commercial zones in decline. Rusted and rotting buildings as far as the eye can see.

Juggler shrugs, "Who cares how long your dick is when yer dead. I get the analogy though.

Well, tell you what, regardless of what comes next, I'll bring you to meet the boys and girls. You convince them that your skills are worth having around and I'll share the keys to the Kingdom with you. F~+$ up and it's a long walk back to Modius'. Fair enough?"


Blood Pool 9/10; Willpower 7/7

if i may, i'd like to use my Presence ability to sway their opinion.

presence diff7: 5d10 ⇒ (6, 9, 6, 3, 8) = 32

"Hey guys, if I could leave this here, that'd be awesome. I don't wanna have to make this beauty" he says, referring to Charlotte, "walk around front from the back lot. Unless there is a V.I.P. entrance on the side we can slide through. I'll bring you each the best bottles I can find from inside, eh? Nice end to a long shift?"

that should be enough successes for two folks, and once i leave they should remember me fondly, and i am gonna try to swipe two bottles haha


Shadow's Status

BAPTISM OF FIRE - Friday - January 1, 1993Outside the Sears Tower

The bouncer's demeanor shifts radically, "S%*! man sorry, you're cool. Tell you what, to make it up to you, I'll bring you right in! Just you and your girl? And don't worry, your bike is safe with me keepin' an eye on it".


Blood Pool 9/10; Willpower 7/7

"Thanks, brother. Yeah me and her, and I got some friends over here too." indicating the others that took the cab over


male Toreador (8th generation) 3xp saved

Morgrym again nods to his associate and will move through the vip back enteance into the club.


9th Generation Ventrue | Bloodpool: 9/14 | Willpower: 7/7

James surreptitiously places two twenties in the friendly bouncer's hand as he sweeps by. "Happy new year to you and your friend here."


11th Generation Malkavian [ Blood Pool 9/12 | Willpower 5/5 | Humanity 6/6 ]

When Rick mentions not wanting to make a beauty wait, Charlotte looks over at Tara. "I think he likes you." She whispers to nothing, an uncharacteristically teasing smile spreading across her face. A hushed song escapes her lips, "Tara and Rick, sitting in a tre-", before she's seemingly interrupted. "Oh hush, he is not too old for you. Besides, danger is sexy." She pauses before adding, "Sometimes."


Blood Pool 9/10; Willpower 7/7

Rick contemplates making a comment about ménage à trois, then thinks better of it.


Shadow's Status

BAPTISM OF FIRE - Friday - January 1, 1993The Succubus Club

As you enter the music is rather mellow. How Soon Is Now?

As you enter to dirty looks from those already on line, you find that the layout of the Club is not terribly unique. However, it is clear that whoever own it is incredibly wealthy. Teak tables, marble floors, and crystal chandeliers adorn the room in a tasteful not gaudy manner. The sound system is state of the art and the lighting is fantastic!

Soooo beautiful. Toreador, make a Willpower roll DC 6 or be enraptured by beauty.

The bass amps are pointed directly at the floor and it pulses with the rhythm. The place is packed wall to wall with Mortals with a dance floor that is perhaps 10,000 square feet all on its own. It sits at the farthest point in the back of the Club.

If you are at less than 1/2 of your total blood pool, make a Self-Control roll DC 5. This is the largest gathering of Mortals you have seen in some time. The small of blood lingers a bit in the air as does the smell of drugs and Mortal sex. It's all intoxicating to those whose Beasts' are not on the tightest leash.

The amount of bouncers within the club is staggering though they do manage to remain at the edges of the dance floor they are also a bit of a barrier to entry and no one gets a glass out there. A few signs say no drinks allowed, you wonder if that applies to Kindred as well.

Three hanging dance floors increase the size of this already massive space. Accessible via spiral staircases from within the ground floor of the main dance floor two of the 20' by 10' platforms hang suspended 18' and 21' feet off of the floor at different spaces over the main dance floor where they sway slightly to the dancers gyrations. Thick tarnished brass railings surround the platforms. The final hanging dance floor is 30' by 20' and sits only 5' away from the main balcony in the back of the club though it is 15' off of the ground floor. This stage does not sway and is more well anchored than the other two.

The DJ, whose booth you cannot see, changes the song. Deeper and Deeper.

The dance floor is the only well lit area on the ground floor. Arranged in the blackness surrounding it are round tables just to the south and west along with a line of booths to the east. Beyond the booths is located a fore door. From here it is difficult to tell how of each are here though you surmise none are available. Billowing cigarette (and other?) smoke make the room seem even darker.

Against the west wall to the farthest point north is a bar as well as a set of stairs leading down. A fire exit is also on this side, to the east of the stairs leading down.

To the south is a raised bar that also has several tables. Beyond that is a hallway which you will have to enter to see what lies within.

Finally, two sets of stars, one northeast (right next to the fire exit) and the other next to the far hallway on the other side of the raised bar lead up to the balcony with neon signs prominently displayed - Elysium.

Once more, the music changes. Just Like Heaven

At the moment your coterie stands near the coat check and the Men's and Women's rest rooms. As per usual, the Ladies room has a long line and the men's a short one, those women who don't give a damn head into the Men's room to cut the wait.

The crowd pushes around you but with Rick's Presence still active most give your group some space.

The crowd itself is an eclectic mix of people but the prevailing "culture" is that of the Goth.

At the very edge of the dance floor is a man slam dancing, you can see him just at the edge of the light. His head is shaved and he has a dagger tattoo above his right ear and a safety pin through his nose. He wears a black mesh long sleeve shirt with black jeans and combat boots. You notice him because the bouncers do not bother him and he is the only person here that appears to be dancing this way.

Auspex 2 DC 7 - 1 Success:
The man moshing is Kindred as is another figure seated at a table on the west side of the dance floor. That figure sits in darkness so you cannot readily identify how the figure is dressed or its gender. You see no other pale auras here but those of your comrades. If you score more than 1 success, I will provide further details as to aura colors.

Now that you have surveyed the room, how do you wish to proceed?

Music switch! Temple of Love.


9th Generation Ventrue | Bloodpool: 9/14 | Willpower: 7/7

James takes a few moments to breath it all in. The music (not what he grew up with, but he's flexible), the warm bodies pulsating to the music, the money changing hands at the bar. He *likes* this place.

"What say you, friends, shall we head for the balcony? I feel like the neon signs are for us."


9th Generation Gangrel | Bloodpool: 9/14 | Willpower: 7/7

"Your guess is as good as mine...to be honest probably better." Dalton says, wondering who in the hell would actually want to be in a place like this...garish lights, too loud, too many people.


Blood Pool 9/10; Willpower 7/7

"Yes, though the DJ could learn a thing or two. Let's get the business over with and then rejoin the party."


11th Generation Malkavian [ Blood Pool 9/12 | Willpower 5/5 | Humanity 6/6 ]

Not 100% sure I've got this roll right, still new to this. But I have Auspex 3 so I should be able to make an attempt, and it's Perception + Empathy against DC7?

Perception + Empathy: 7d10 ⇒ (5, 10, 6, 9, 8, 7, 5) = 50 So I think that's... 4 successes?

As "Just Like Heaven" kicks on for the second time, Charlotte is stunned, a look of concern spreading across her face. She closes her eyes, and after a few moments, a smile moves to replace the frown. "Ah, of course." She says. "Next up will be 'Temple of Love'. Then 'Cuts You Up'."

By the time that "Temple of Love" begins playing, Charlotte has become otherwise distracted, her eyes sweeping the floor. As she spots the man moshing, her eyes widen and she smiles again, noticing both him and the individual further in the darkness. "There are few cousins here, but I have discovered them."


male Toreador (8th generation) 3xp saved

willpower diff 6: 5d10 ⇒ (9, 6, 7, 1, 1) = 24

Morgrym usually finds beauty in much different views then what he looks at now but there is a moment he struggles before he moves on first one step then another.

Morgrym licks his lips a moment at the mortal press and then listens as some kindred are pointed out.

let us find out cousins and see if we cannot locate what we seek


Shadow's Status

BAPTISM OF FIRE - Friday - January 1, 1993The Succubus Club

Do you want to approach the one seated at the table or the one moshing or split up and approach both? Or you could split in three groups and take the stairs up to Elysium as well.


11th Generation Malkavian [ Blood Pool 9/12 | Willpower 5/5 | Humanity 6/6 ]

I don't want to do anything until I get my extra information. :P


Shadow's Status

Charlotte:
The MoshMan - Certainly Violet (Excited) and you detect a hint of Purple (Aggressive).

Seated Figure - Lavender (Conservative) with shifting Light Blue (Calm), very light almost as if more bored than Calm).


male Toreador (8th generation) 3xp saved

I wish to head to the Elysium if I can identify where to go


Shadow's Status

BAPTISM OF FIRE - Friday - January 1, 1993The Succubus Club

Assume that Charlotte shares the above spoiler with everyone. You can opt to head to the mosher, the sloucher, or up the stairs.

Morgrym opts to head up the stairs of the Club to sign labeled "Elysium". As he makes his way in that direction one of the bouncers steps in front of him, "Sir, can I see your VIP credentials?"


male Toreador (8th generation) 3xp saved

will spend 3 blood on cha and then use presence 1

cha+perf=awe: 5d10 ⇒ (9, 4, 6, 2, 10) = 31


Shadow's Status

BUMP. Morgrym I will update your Elysium visit tonight.


Shadow's Status

BAPTISM OF FIRE - Friday - January 1, 1993The Succubus Club

Morgrym Black

Morgrym:
I took a second look and I think you can only raise Physical Attributes. However, even at 2d10, the roll was a success.

The security guard blinks and nods his head, "... please proceed sir".

As you reach the heavy security door up the stairs, the guard at the top nods to you, "Welcome to Elysium". As you enter, the place is nearly vacant. It looks like just a few blood dolls are present. They look in your direction expectantly as does the bartender. He narrows his eyes a bit but looks expectantly nonetheless.


male Toreador (8th generation) 3xp saved

Morgrym will move up to the bartender and sit down at the bar and give the fellow a moment to arrive before saying I am looking for another fellow like myself, who is in charge here.


Shadow's Status

BAPTISM OF FIRE - Friday - January 1, 1993The Succubus Club

Morgrym Black

The music playing here is the same as downstairs but the volume is much more bearable.

The bartender purses his lips, "I'm afraid when the place gets really crazy on Holidays most of the VIPs just choose to stay away Sir.

There may be someone downstairs that hasn't left yet or arrived late as you have. I can also take a message for you which I can deliver tomorrow".

SIN ONLY:
Manipulation+Subterfuge DC 6 3d10 + 3d10 ⇒ (9, 1, 10) + (10, 6, 2) = 38

Perception+Empathy DC 7 - 3 Successes:
His lie is very smooth so it's practiced. However, it is certainly a lie, he's probably been instructed never to let anyone know anything if he's never seen them before allowing his "Master" an opportunity to address the situation. After all, no Kindred worth their salt wants a Ghoul making such decisions!


11th Generation Malkavian [ Blood Pool 9/12 | Willpower 5/5 | Humanity 6/6 ]

Choosing to steer clear of the more aggressive kindred, Charlotte makes her way towards the seated figure. With a smile, she nods to them. "Mind if I sit?"


Blood Pool 9/10; Willpower 7/7

Rick will sit at the bar as well, walking in with Mr. Black.

Waiting for a break in the conversation, he asks for a gin and tonic.

perception dc7: 3d10 ⇒ (4, 4, 10) = 18


Shadow's Status

BAPTISM OF FIRE - Friday - January 1, 1993The Succubus Club - Elysium

Morgrym Black & Rick North

Rick slips by the guard pointing to Morgrym's back. He moves in after Morgrym and sits near him at the bar. The barkeep turns to Rick with a who the hell is this guy look on his face but says, "A beer or something more... exotic?"


Shadow's Status

BAPTISM OF FIRE - Friday - January 1, 1993The Succubus Club - Ground Floor

Charlotte Mallory

As she gets closer she can see the man is white, well dressed (s%%~ he has on an ascott!) and has a blase' look upon his face. He perks up a bit as you sit, "You may and who might you be my dear?"

You are not sure if he can tell whether you are Kindred or not.


male Toreador (8th generation) 3xp saved

I cant make the roll

perc: 2d10 ⇒ (8, 5) = 13


9th Generation Ventrue | Bloodpool: 9/14 | Willpower: 7/7

After taking a few minutes to really get a feel for the place...

Caging the joint: Perception + Streetwise: 5d10 ⇒ (1, 9, 1, 10, 2) = 23

James heads up the stairs to join Morgrym and Rick in the upstairs lounge. He lets loose his own wave of Awe just the guard returns to his station.

Presence: Charisma+Acting: 6d10 ⇒ (7, 3, 10, 3, 8, 8) = 39

"Thanks for keeping the riff-raff out." he says as he sweeps by, placing a twenty in the mook's suit pocket with a practiced aire.

As he arrives at the bar James announces, "I will have the latter."


Blood Pool 9/10; Willpower 7/7

"Oh, nothing too fancy yet. Gin and tonic is good." says Rick, looking to keep toe conversation light and let Morgrym steer the topic with the bartender.


Shadow's Status

BAPTISM OF FIRE - Friday - January 1, 1993The Succubus Club - Elysium

Morgrym Black, James Sheridan & Rick North

The bartender shrugs and pours a gin and tonic for Rick. He then turns back to Morgrym, "So do you want to leave that message or what?"

Once James makes his preference known, one of the girls a teen-aged latina, already enamored with him, in Awe it seems, slinks over, "Want to share a booth, sexy..." She whispers into James' ear.


11th Generation Malkavian [ Blood Pool 9/12 | Willpower 5/5 | Humanity 6/6 ]

Charlotte looks at the man in disbelief. "Underdressed, apparently." She mutters, looking at her own outfit of jeans and a t-shirt. "I'm Charlotte. New in town. My uncle's sent me on something of an errand." She rolls her eyes. "He's afraid of his cousin, you know. Terrible thing."

Cocking her head, she looks at the man again, and tries not to snicker at his ascott. "You don't look like a man who's afraid of much of anything."


9th Generation Ventrue | Bloodpool: 9/14 | Willpower: 7/7

James looks at the girl and with a purring invite in his voice tells her, "As soon as I have my drink and we can a grab a booth. Till then, why don't tell me all about yourself"


male Toreador (8th generation) 3xp saved

I will give it a few hours and wait. Maybe someone besides the owner will come along and offer me a sweet deal and the owner will miss out. Such a shame


Shadow's Status

BAPTISM OF FIRE - Friday - January 1, 1993The Succubus Club - Ground Floor

Charlotte Mallory

"No I am not, quite perceptive of you. I do have to ask you if you'd like to head upstairs with me. I prefer it there I was just waiting for one of you to approach me..."

Charlotte - Perception+Empathy DC 5 - 1 Success:
Seems he could give a s#$* about what you are saying. Also seems he thinks you're just some Blood Doll.


Shadow's Status

BAPTISM OF FIRE - Friday - January 1, 1993The Succubus Club - Elysium

Morgrym Black, James Sheridan & Rick North

The girl laughs at James as if he told a funny joke, "I'm the only drink you need sugar..."

The bartender shrugs, "Suit yourself stranger. I don't think anyone else is coming in tonight but I've been wrong before".

---

Dalton & Kent - Downstairs

This place is packed and people come and go, you don't see any who might be Kindred outside of the two that Charlotte pointed out already.


11th Generation Malkavian [ Blood Pool 9/12 | Willpower 5/5 | Humanity 6/6 ]

Perception+Empathy (DC5): 7d10 ⇒ (9, 4, 8, 8, 4, 2, 5) = 40

Charlotte looks at him in disbelief. "Thou wouldst dine where others have already? Gross, dude." From there she looks off to the side, as though listening to someone who isn't there. "Right?" She says to the nothingness with a laugh. "What happened to romance?"

Looking back to the man, she shakes her head, "Sorry. Look, I'm just trying to find someone named Lodin. Know him?"


Shadow's Status

BAPTISM OF FIRE - Friday - January 1, 1993The Succubus Club - Ground Floor

Charlotte Mallory

At first he appears a bit confused, when you state the name Lodin, he perks right up and his demeanor changes. "Who are you is the first question I need to ask, that you are seeking the Prince of the city? I've never seen you before".


11th Generation Malkavian [ Blood Pool 9/12 | Willpower 5/5 | Humanity 6/6 ]

Charlotte bristles at the inquiries. "Said I'm not from around here and I'm on an errand." She responds, giving him a look that says 'try to keep up'. "It would probably not be prudent for me to say more than that." Narrowing her eyes, she adds. "I don't know you, either. And Tara doesn't trust you."


Shadow's Status

BAPTISM OF FIRE - Friday - January 1, 1993The Succubus Club - Ground Floor

Charlotte Mallory

The man rolls his eyes at Mallory, "Then at least you are not new.

Let's just say that Lodin's not a fan of newbies. You tell me who sent you and I'll find a way to arrange a meeting. If not, well, I'm not tying myself to someone who's on borrowed time..."


9th Generation Ventrue | Bloodpool: 9/14 | Willpower: 7/7

"Hermosa, my thirst is deep as the ocean and just as everlasting. To unleash it fully would leave you quivering with want unfulfilled. Let us retire to where I might show you its tiniest fraction..."

James will make sure that sightlines are secure in the booths and that feeding will cause no masquerade issues prior to refreshing himself in a restrained manner.


Shadow's Status

James, you fill up with 2 more BP. The blood doll of course moans in pleasure and none upstairs even look in the direction of the booth.

---

BUMP for Charlotte


11th Generation Malkavian [ Blood Pool 9/12 | Willpower 5/5 | Humanity 6/6 ]

Charlotte frowns, not really wanting to tell this man anything more, but decides she doesn't have any other leads. "Prince Modius" She says finally.


Shadow's Status

BAPTISM OF FIRE - Friday - January 1, 1993 The Succubus Club - Ground Floor

Charlotte Mallory

The man laughs, "Prince Modius, he's still using that old honorific? Well, see nobody gets to meet Lodin. He never sees anyone anymore and if you're with Lodin, you're not anybody you see, you're nobody.

Still, I like you, you're different. Tell you what, I can arrange for you to meet with Neally, he'll talk to Lodin for you".

---

Kent and Dalton

Charlotte seems to be making some headway with the figure she is seated across from. Of your other companions there is no sign. Julien seems agitated, "I don't like this, why's no one here. All this meat, where's the market for, you'd think our kind were clamoring for all this. Wait, that guy over there, slamdancing, I think he's one of us... Maybe uh, one of you should go talk to him?"


Shadow's Status

BAPTISM OF FIRE - Friday - January 1, 1993The Succubus Club - Elysium

Morgrym Black, James Sheridan & Rick North

As James finishes his "drink", the phone at the back of the wall behind the bar rings, "Yeah ok, yeah".

He hangs up, "Alright folks, last call".

The blood dolls moan but start to gather their things, those who haven't had their fix try to get "noticed" by Morgrym and Rick.

351 to 400 of 404 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Forged in Steel - Chicago & Gary by Night - A Second Edition Vampire the Masquerade Story All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.