Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Forged in Steel - Chicago & Gary by Night - A Second Edition Vampire the Masquerade Story

Game Master Dennis Harry

Forged in Steel - Connections


1 to 50 of 385 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

Shadow's Status

"No one holds command over me. No man. No God. No Prince. What is a claim of age for ones who are immortal? What is a claim of power for ones who defy death? Call your damnable hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming to Hell with me."


Shadow's Status

BAPTISM OF FIRE - Thursday - December 31, 1992

Gary Indiana is a city in decline. Once a giant of the American steel industry, a long economic war between the Prince of Gary, Modius and the Prince of Chicago, Lodin, has all but destroyed its power.

Little is left of the great factories, steel works and production yards of Gary. Where there was once industry there is now urban wasteland inhabited by societies' outcasts and rejects.

The power struggle between Modius and Lodin carries on to this very day (or night) as Lodin cannot supervise everything that goes on in his "vassal" state and even he would be stretched thin if he sought to actually incorporate it into his Domain. Thus, while Modius and his city are too weakened to present a challenge to the powerful Prince of the Windy City, Modius is able to strike back in other ways.

Case in point, Lodin has outlawed the creation of new Kindred for 25 years. Modius though, welcomes Neonates with open arms. So it has been that Chicago Kindred use Gary as a breeding ground as well as a place where they can conduct their controversial business.

Every year on New Year's Eve, Modius has a gathering at his aging Manse located outside of Buffington park in the "historic building district. The Manse is the only "true" Elysium of the City. Though a few Nightclubs owned by Kindred are labeled as Elysium's the threat of retribution from the owners themselves is all that stands between these locations and Kindred confrontations.

This year, with the number of Kindred in Gary having swelled to greater numbers than it has in some time, Modius has requested the presence of all those who dwell within his territory to attend.

You may all begin posting in Gameplay now.

As you arrive at the Manse, you see four men milling about outside, each is armed with a weapon though the front door to the party is wide open and you can hear classical music playing from within.

The manse has seen better days, the roof on one side of the house is collapsed inwards, it seems the manse represents the Prince's power as well as the city. Old and collapsed with its best days behind it...

Iron John:
You would be arriving via the Gary Airport tonight and would have arranged a taxi or other car service to bring you to the manse, your Sire specifically arranged for you to arrive this night as the party will be an opportunity to network.

Rick North:
If I am not mistaken you are coming in from the west on your bike. You are not aware that a party is supposed to be taking place, you are here for the reasons stated in the background tie in.

Shane Driscoll:
As when you are at the Nightclub, you need to cover yourself up for fear of breaking the Masquerade. Modius invites mortals to these parties to make them less suspicious.


9th Generation Gangrel | Bloodpool: 9/14 | Willpower: 7/7

A bit resistant, but willingly none-the-less, Dalton follows his Sire to the Prince's mansion. Never having been too terribly fond of "dog and pony show" type parties, Dalton's unease is obvious, be it the company or simple having to dress up as compared to his normal jeans and t-shirt appearance.

"Man, Lucian, do we really have to go to this stuffy affair? Its the same damned thing every year...quite a few new faces this year I guess."


Shadow's Status

Lucien nods back to Dalton, "Yes. Worry not, I shall be sure to amuse myself and thereby extension, you, while at this 'party'. Remember should you wish to feed, you may do so discreetly as there will be Mortals here. The damn fool does not offer his Herd though, just contacts who could potentially break open the Masquerade..."


13th Gen Ventrue | Blood Pool:7/10 | Willpower: 6/6

Gary, Indiana. Man, whoever wrote that song would sure be disappointed to look on it today, John mused as he gazed out the window of the long, black car. The flight out here was brief, but uncomfortable. Even in First Class, the seats just aren't made for people John's size. For the taxi, at least he could call a limo. Surely, man was meant to have leg room.
As the driver pulled up, John asked him to check the address. The goombas outside looked right, but the building! Why not? Everything else in Gary looks to be crumbling. The traffic from Chicago could do a lot for a run-down place like this...if the gambling deal works out.
As John steps out of the limo, the guards move their hands a little closer to their weapons. Some things never change. He strides over to the guy with a clipboard.
"John Anderson. I believe I'm on the list." The guards relax a bit as his name is checked off on the clipboard. The man nods and allows John to pass inside.


Although Patrick has attended quite a number of parties and galleries, it was his first one as a vampire. It would've been much easier if Lateland was here. What am I supposed to do here? With this kind of thoughts he slowly approaches the main entrance.

"Patrick Bright," he smiles and introduces himself, and after a few seconds enters inside. A lot of different colors, smells and noises hit him immediately as he enters the building. As always, with big gatherings of people, it'll take some time to get used to. The music looks good - a nice and calm tint of green with a bit of blue inclusions. Is it Mozart? I wish I knew more about classical music.


Nosferatu (Blood Pool 8/14; Willpower 6/6)

Any other night, he'd have to settle for a ski mask and winter clothes. Tonight...time to play the part of Old Man 92. Over those winter clothes he has a robe and cowl, carrying in his gloved hands a hockey stick with an aluminium foil bit shaped like a scythe. His face is covered by a photographed mask of George Burns. Under that is a ski mask. If one gets ripped away, he has the other.

And yes, he has a sash about him that says 1992.

Good thing I'm not subject to heat or cold as much as your actual living guy, or I'd be sweating my ugly ass off once I got indoors.

He approaches and tries this legit, "Shane Driscoll, aka 1992."


12th Generation Ventrue Max Blood Pool/Current: 8/10 | Willpower 5/5

A tall dark haired woman dressed in an excellent knockoff Valentino couture arrives at the Manse via town car. She has been there before, and walks past the guards without paying them a bit of attention. She does glance at the man "dressed" as Old Man 92, and a black eyebrow raises as she takes in his outfit.

Once inside she looks around for Prince Modius. She wishes to greet their host as soon as she can.


Nosferatu (Blood Pool 8/14; Willpower 6/6)
Morag Darrow wrote:
A tall dark haired woman dressed in an excellent knockoff Valentino couture arrives at the Manse via town car. She has been there before, and walks past the guards without paying them a bit of attention. She does glance at the man "dressed" as Old Man 92, and a black eyebrow raises as she takes in his outfit.

Shane glances over behind his double mask at Morag, "Should old Acquaintance be forgot and all that."

Not sure if you wanted her to have gone to Black's Nightclub or not where Shane sometimes bounces. If so, he's seen her before and possibly her him... but unless she heard him mention his name to the guys out front she may not recognize him under his 'clever' disguised :D


9th Generation Gangrel | Bloodpool: 9/14 | Willpower: 7/7

"Be careful if feeding, got it." Dalton says to his sire as they enter Modius's home.

Dalton scans the room, trying to get a feel for mood of the room and just how many of the kine are present.

Perception + Alertness: 3d10 + 3d10 ⇒ (3, 2, 6) + (10, 8, 3) = 32


Male Toreador

Julian checked his appearance for the third time in the compact that he carried before exiting the limo. He figured this would be his first impression with many of the kindred of the city. You only get one chance and all that.. Before making his way to to the manse, Julian looked to his driver in the front seat. "Oh Harry, at this soiree will be some... mixed company. Remember to wait for me, but you may not want to open your door for anyone that you don't recognize. Enjoy your crossword." he pats the hood of the car and heads toward the party.

Approaching the door, Julians eyes go wide at the sight of Shane. "Oh god!" He remarks with a wry smile. "I had no idea there would be celebrities in attendance tonight Mr Burns." Looking to the door attendant; "Julian Preston, sir."


Nosferatu (Blood Pool 8/14; Willpower 6/6)
Julian Preston wrote:


Approaching the door, Julians eyes go wide at the sight of Shane. "Oh god!" He remarks with a wry smile. "I had no idea there would be celebrities in attendance tonight Mr Burns." Looking to the door attendant; "Julian Preston, sir."
Approaching the door, Julians eyes go wide at the sight of Shane. "Oh god!" He remarks with a wry smile. "I had no idea there would be celebrities in attendance tonight Mr Burns." Looking to the door attendant; "Julian Preston, sir."

[B]"Also playing the part of 92... after midnight,it's 'say good night, Gracie'" Wryly


male Toreador (8th generation) 3xp saved

Morgan will take and feed from his herd prior to leaving The Paradise Lounge and making his way via his car to the mansion. Arriving fashionably late is no option so a few minutes early but not too much so it is. With the confidence of a fellow who has indeed seen too much Morgan walks up and surveys the scene giving a nod to the guards at the door.


Male Toreador
Shane Driscoll wrote:


"Also playing the part of 92... after midnight,it's 'say good night, Gracie'" Wryly

Julian smiles and winks to the Nosferatu. "See ya in there George."


Shadow's Status

BAPTISM OF FIRE - Thursday - December 31, 1992 - Modius' Manse

As the guests draw closer to the door they see that these thugs are not mafia types but instead union goons. Flanel shirts, denim jeans, and workboots are their uniform of choice.

As the well dressed guests filter past them they check the names off of the list and give half-hearted smiles at those who pass by.

The foyer is large and well kept with a closet to hang coats. A well dressed black butler takes coats from those who wear them and gives tickets for their retrieval.

Stepping through the foyer is the living room, this once grand room has seen better days but will likely be the nicest room in the house. A side table with food and drink manned by yet another black butler is near the window facing the large fenced in back yard. Four Doberman pinchers prowl around seemingly warm despite the cold night.

The room is filled with several Mortals, most of whom are on the dance floor showing off ballroom moves, occupy the space. The few Mortals who are not dancing are seated and standing near a man who is regaling them with amusing tales as those around him laugh heartily. Modius stands to the side with a few Mortals and a most alluring woman of beauty.

Prince Modius

Alluring Woman

Entertaining Man

Morag:
You know the woman next to Modius is his Childe Allicia.

Modius pauses once he sees Morag and excuses himself crossing the dance floor to greet her, "My dear. So lovely of you to come. I trust your trip here was pleasantly uneventful?"

--------------

Lucien pauses in the foyer and scans the room he taps Julian on the shoulder before he can enter the living/ball room, "Happy New Year Mr. Preston. So, Modius managed to get people to actually show up to this this year eh?"

Morgrym:
You recognize Lucien, he is speaking to the owner of the other Gary Nightclub that caters to Kindred, the Firefly.

I'll get a pic up of Lucien later, just seeing the Underworld Lucien right now and that's not what our man looks like.

==============

Iron John:
You see the elderly man cross the dance floor to meet a pale young woman. There is a strong likelihood that he is the Prince. OR. It could be the man seated and holding Court.

==============

Shane:
You see your boss stroll in but you doubt he recognizes you.


Nosferatu (Blood Pool 8/14; Willpower 6/6)

The Nosferatu makes his way on in, so far, disguise working fine. For a moment he considers calling out to his employer but nah, not like they won't have plenty of times to talk other nights.

For now, he gets to mingle...well, lurk more openly, thanks to his costume.

His eyes drift to the alluring woman who was near the prince until he moved to great Morag If I still had a pulse she'd stir it

He finds a corner not far from conversation and stands there for now. Seeing if anyone approaches him. His outfit is, after all, a conversation starter.


male Toreador (8th generation) 3xp saved

Most would try to rush the prince but Morgrym was content to wait until summoned and will find a place to put himself with a commanding view and without too many to worry about, perhaps a balcony or some corner.


Male Toreador

Julian passes his coat over to the attendant. "Make sure you don't get any cobwebs on the cashmere." He adds with a smile. When taking his ticket though, he passes the attendant a 20. He may have been smiling, but he wasn't joking.

Once in the foyer, Julian smiles at the gangrel. "Happy New Year Lucien. Did you read the invitation? I would've thought we would be watching our final sunrise in the morning if we refused. "All who dwell in his territory" indeed. Anyway, it's nice to get away from the Firefly for an evening. Why would I think it would be a good idea to spend the rest of my nights running a bar anyway?" he adds with a chuckle.


Shadow's Status

Morgrym, you can see there is a balcony that hangs over the rear window but it sits on the second floor and faces out towards the backyard. It would be a lovely place to watch the sun rise as it faces east!


Brujah 9th Gen; Blood Pool 8/14; Will 4/5; S-C 4 dice; Cour 4 dice; Init 4 dice; Soak 2 dice; Health Uninjured; Current Effects: none

Tyrell's car is a '91 Cadillac Seville, dark red, and he generally feels pretty good about it. Now, though, seeing the Prince's mansion and its state of disrepair, he has to wonder if it's maybe too upscale for this crowd. Horse and carriage, maybe. Or sedan chair. He shakes his head, parks, and gets out. As he approaches the door, he nods approvingly at the men watching over the party guests. My people.

Well, Modius's people. For now.

He stops for a quick handshake and smile at the working men, asking if they need anything, before heading inside. The black man in the tailored suit is an odd match for the union guys, but he speaks the lingo.

Soon, though, Tyrell is stepping into the foyer, handing off his long coat to the butler with a bemused expression and heading for the ballroom. He sees Modius, standing amid the dusty statues, and tries not to smirk at the irony, but he knows no one else. Who's the devil in the dress? She looks appealing, and dangerous - which makes her really dangerous, by Tyrell's math. Well, let's get to this. He starts working his way around the room, glad-handing the mortals with the ease of a born politician.

ST Sin:
Can Tyrell get a read on the attitude of the butler? Toward his job and his treatment tonight especially? Just looking for a "cold read," not a detailed interrogation or the like.


12th Generation Ventrue Max Blood Pool/Current: 8/10 | Willpower 5/5

Morag smiles brightly at the Prince, and bows her head with respect. "Yes my journey here was very uneventful. Thank you for inviting us all to your Manse. It's quite an honor to be asked. How is Allicia this evening? Enjoying herself?" she nods toward the woman.


Shadow's Status

Tyrell:
The poor bastards are so dominated by Modius its a wonder they can act without him standing right there.


Brujah 9th Gen; Blood Pool 8/14; Will 4/5; S-C 4 dice; Cour 4 dice; Init 4 dice; Soak 2 dice; Health Uninjured; Current Effects: none

Tyrell feels the Beast in him snarl, but he forces it back down. Not now. Not tonight. But soon.


Shadow's Status

BAPTISM OF FIRE - Thursday - December 31, 1992 - Modius' Manse

Tyrell shakes hands with the guests, a mixed bag of people, it seems that Modius at the very least is not overtly prejudiced. One of the men ceases dancing and approaches, "Tyrell? Tyrell is that you? Oh man, I thought you were still out in L.A. fighting the good fight? I know you are a Union guy but did you have any involvement in defending the people charged as part of the Riots? I still can't believe the cops were acquitted, it seems we still have a long way to go for real justice".

Tyrell, you recognize the man as a local Attorney, Tyrone Anderson, a younger black man who was with the Public Defenders office here in Gary. A strong civil rights advocate like yourself.

--------------

Modius steps back from Morag, "She is fine, have you heard any different?"


Brujah 9th Gen; Blood Pool 8/14; Will 4/5; S-C 4 dice; Cour 4 dice; Init 4 dice; Soak 2 dice; Health Uninjured; Current Effects: none

Tyrell takes Tyrone's hand and shakes it hard. "Tyrone, my man," he grins. The mention of the King riots, though, makes the grin disappear fast. "No, though damned if I know what I could have changed if I had. Murder a man in cold blood, get it caught on tape, and walk the f!%! away? That's not the law anymore, that's just the f#**ing bootheel of the Man." Tyrell steers Anderson toward the bar. "I tell you what, though. I did learn quite a bit out in LA. More than I expected to, in fact. It's given me some ideas about what might change around here. Gonna be a shift in the wind in the Windy City, you get me?"


12th Generation Ventrue Max Blood Pool/Current: 8/10 | Willpower 5/5

Morag shakes her head in denial of an issue. "No I haven't heard anything. I was making conversation. If you have a reason to worry, I am at your service. You've made my new life much easier than it would have been otherwise, and there is no way I can repay that." she glances around the room. "I won't monopolize your time further." she says and moves to the bar. Morag picks up a glass of red wine. More out of habit than anything else.

She raises it in greeting to Morgrym Black. She recognizes him from her visits to The Paradise Lounge.

Can I drink wine without adverse effects?


Brujah 9th Gen; Blood Pool 8/14; Will 4/5; S-C 4 dice; Cour 4 dice; Init 4 dice; Soak 2 dice; Health Uninjured; Current Effects: none

Like the man said, "I do not drink... wine."


male Toreador (8th generation) 3xp saved

Morgrym looks around the run down place spotting the balcony and settling for a corner and then just hangs out there and when the lady raises a glass he takes a moment to lightly bow a slight gentlemanly bow and a small smile of acknowledgement, his first social moment of the night and with a patron non the less... how nice.


Blood Pool 9/10; Willpower 7/7

Rick pulls up to the mansion on a sportbike, the kind people liked to use to paint the pavement with their own blood while going too fast these days. In typical fashion, he came in too fast. The front end went down noticeably as he applied the brake, hard, as he weaved between moving and parked vehicles. He juuust managed to avoid parking it in the grass or leaving rubber on the cracked pavement as he brought it to a stop and dropped the kickstand.

Looking at the place, he thought for a moment.

F@+&, I didn't know there'd be a party tonight. Looks fancy, too.

He takes off his helmet and riding jacket and adjusts his shirt underneath. He'd intended to make an introduction to the Prince, luckily, so he had almost dressed appropriately for the ball. If only he'd brought a suit jacket. Don't wanna look too pretentious, he'd thought. Dress shirt, no tie, sleeves rolled two cuff-widths back, vest, slacks, and chukkas would have to do.

I hope there isn't a list, he thought to himself, decided to walk in the open doors without speaking with the guards.


13th Gen Ventrue | Blood Pool:7/10 | Willpower: 6/6

Hubba, hubba. I know I'm here for a purpose, but DAY-UM. Although John's plan was to watch the interactions for a while and see if he could suss out relationships, the blonde has made concentrating complicated.
One way or another, my guess is she's here by the Prince's request. So surely talking to her would be a quick way to get to the right people. That's the gist of the internal monologue as John walks over to her anyways. Whether he's trying to convince himself of this, or just look for an excuse to talk to her, who can say.
Towering over her, looking as inconspicuous as a barge, John approaches her and says, "Pardon me, miss. You look like the kind of lady who can help a guy out."


11th Generation Malkavian [ Blood Pool 9/12 | Willpower 5/5 | Humanity 6/6 ]

Charlotte steps out of the cab and closes the door, the driver yelling curses as he speeds off, realising that she barely gave any kind of tip. "I know I'd make more money at a different job," She mutters to the empty space beside her. "But I like the hospital. And the hours work for my... situation. Now hush, Tara, you sound like my mother."

As Charlotte walks towards the door, she notices how other people are dressed. Jeremy had either forgotten to mention it or simply didn't care. 'Well, not really my scene anyway.' With a shrug, Charlotte enters through the door, stopping at the butler taking coats. He gives her a glance with a raised eyebrow when she hands over her patchwork jacket, revealing a t-shirt and jeans underneath, but is too professional to comment.

She casually glances around for Jeremy, not knowing anyone else there, and wonders if any of the others are people he'd sired. It wasn't something he spoke of much. Of course, he rarely spoke much at all. The chandelier in the living room catches her eye, especially as one of the holders is bent, and she half expects to see Jeremy climbing up the wall to study it and repair the symmetry.

Moving quickly, she finds a quiet corner of the room to stand in and observe the others. "End of the year." Charlotte says to herself. "Change comes quickly, with blackened wings."


9th Generation Tremere | Blood: 7/14 | Willpower: 8/8

Brad spent the better part of two hours ensuring he had everything just right. It would do him no good at all to draw attention to himself or make himself a target for mockery, and might well prove damaging. He fretted over the placement of every hair on his head and checked his suit for every stray hair, mote of dust, and wrinkle. He shined his shoes twice and polished his glasses until the reflection of his bathroom lights in them looked something like the sun. Or how he remembered the sun; Brad didn't pay much attention that anymore. His only festive sartorial choice was a red tie, which he spent a few minutes training himself not to smirk at after putting it on.

Knowing what a car crash could do to people, Brad drove with care. He found a parking spot a respectable distance from the Manse and walked the rest of the way. If anyone took note of the cars gathered about, he might escape notice. The tone of the invitation raised uncomfortable questions about what the Prince might intend and argued for parking nearer, but if things went poorly Brad suspected he'd do better on foot anyway. An outside foe, or thing, would have plenty of other Kindred to worry about. Some would surely put up a fight, but Brad meant to be out at the first sign of trouble. No one lived forever by playing hero.

As he walked, Brad thought more about all the things that could go wrong and what might have prompted a citywide summons. A new law? A sighting of hostile Kindred? Or...something else? Whatever it was, prudence said to remain inconspicuous and stay out of everyone's way.

Arriving at the guards, Brad carefully smothered any hint of distaste. Union legbreakers? Really? He presented his invitation and quietly stated his name, avoiding eye contact and waiting until waved through before entering. The Prince merited a respectful nod. At your service, sir. Brad noted the faces of his two companions and drifted toward the refreshments, taking care not to look too long or too closely at anyone as he scanned the room.

He's looking for anything that appears suspicious.
Perc (attentive) + Alertness?: 5d10 ⇒ (5, 3, 9, 8, 1) = 26


Nosferatu (Blood Pool 8/14; Willpower 6/6)
Charlotte Mallory wrote:


Moving quickly, she finds a quiet corner of the room to stand in and observe the others. "End of the year." Charlotte says to herself. "Change comes quickly, with blackened wings."

"Tell me about it," Shane knows that probably wasn't meant for him, and he's not even sure he heard it right.... but his disguise is that of the old year about to die, so it at least fits.

Hope I didn't take too many liberties having him overhear it.


12th Generation Ventrue Max Blood Pool/Current: 8/10 | Willpower 5/5

Morag makes a circuit of the room making small talk with the attendees. Just like a faculty party or those boring cocktail hours my mother loves so much. She keeps an eye out for any good looking young male mortals to cozy up to later in the evening.

She eventually makes her way to the one person she's sure she knows. "Quite the diverse group here. Do you know many of them Mr. Black? You and perhaps Father Time over there are the only two I may know. Father Time's shape looks somewhat familiar."


Not surprisingly, Patrick doesn't know anyone thanks to Lateland who didn't allow for much socialization. He looks around to see what others do, and seeing as people begin to gather near Modius, Patrick begins to think that he too should introduce himself.

He makes his way to the Prince, exchanging greetings and quick lines with others. On his way, Patrick looks for his Sire. Maybe he decided to attend the party? I could ask him why he hasn't showed up once in the last weeks.

"Good evening," he bows slightly to Modius. "It is and honor to be here."

Perception+Alertness: 7d10 ⇒ (8, 2, 7, 1, 3, 4, 1) = 26
Looking for Lateland.


9th Generation Ventrue | Bloodpool: 9/14 | Willpower: 7/7

Lewis. J.D. I want you both to be on your guard. With the tone of the prince's invitation, everybody and their brother will be here tonight. This place is supposed to be an Elysium, but there are no guarantees. With that, James leaves his two ghouls to their business and steps out of the back of the car. Both the suit and the Benz are black and spotless. James nods politely to the gentlemen guarding the door and heads into the manse. The crowd is a bit more... varied then on his other visits. The dark carnival is in full swing, full of unearthly delights and uncanny dangers.

After scoping the place out and checking for any obvious ambushes, social or otherwise, James smooths out the non-existent wrinkles from his suit and heads towards the prince. Once a moment presents itself, he politely makes his obeisance to Modius. It seems like your request for everyone to attend has been well heeded. This is quite the interesting crowd.


male Toreador (8th generation) 3xp saved

Morgrym stands there for a bit and then smiles as Morag comes around the horn as it were to speak to him my my Ms. Darrow you are divine as always. People come, and people go dreaming of Michelangelo. Yes I know some of them to be sure as patrons of Paradise if nothing else.


Male Toreador

As Julian and Lucien head into the ballroom, the Toreador muses. "Lucien, what do you think is going on here tonight? I've never known Modius to call an "All hands" type gathering before. I also can't help wonder what is with all of the workman types, staffing the party. I suppose it could just be a matter of convenience. They are probably already on the payroll after all."

Edit: I thought Dalton went into the room for some reason. Sorry for not saying anything to you in my earlier post!

"Dalton! I haven't seen much of you at the Firefly recently. Jenny has been asking about you. She says you must not love her anymore or some such. I swear that girl is a black hole of attention."

Jenny Lane is the bartender of the Firefly and as much the "face" of the place as Julian is. I picture Jenny to pretty much be Jeanette from the VtM Bloodlines video game if you are familiar.


9th Generation Gangrel | Bloodpool: 9/14 | Willpower: 7/7

Dalton silently follows his sire into the room, listening to the conversation.

Dalton gives Julian a half-smile as he reaches out to shake the hand of of Firefly's proprietor. "Good to see you Julian. You know Jenny, she asks about anyone that hasn't been in to see her every damned night."

Very familiar with Bloodlines, that was a great game.


11th Generation Malkavian [ Blood Pool 9/12 | Willpower 5/5 | Humanity 6/6 ]
Shane Driscoll wrote:
Hope I didn't take too many liberties having him overhear it.

Not at all!

Charlotte looks at the old man, seems to look through him, but if she recognises him for what he truly is, it doesn't show on her face. "You are too large to be 92." Charlotte states.


Nosferatu (Blood Pool 8/14; Willpower 6/6)
Charlotte Mallory wrote:
Shane Driscoll wrote:
Hope I didn't take too many liberties having him overhear it.

Not at all!

Charlotte looks at the old man, seems to look through him, but if she recognises him for what he truly is, it doesn't show on her face. "You are too large to be 92." Charlotte states.

"You should have seen me before the diet,"Dryly, "Feel free to call me Shane if you don't think 92 fits."


Shadow's Status

BAPTISM OF FIRE - Thursday - December 31, 1992 - Modius' Manse

Rick North

As Rick walks towards the door one of the men at the door, clearly some sort of union goon, stops him. "What's yer name son?"

-------------

Iron John Anderson

As you approach the ladies standing near the blonde smile at you while the men nod in respect.

She smiles and bites her lower lip, "I certainly am. What is it that I can help you out with?"

Iron John - Make a Perception+Empathy Roll DC 5 - 1 Success:
She is definitely into you.

-------------

Morag Darrow

The Prince seems to relax once you explain yourself, "Wonderful, please mingle. As the night goes on I am sure the current guests will filter out and new guests will filter in".

Morag, nope, without a Merit no eating or drinking allowed.

-------------

Bradley Maurer

Nothing appears out of order, at least not that you can see. However, the big guy in the George Burns costume makes you do a double take...

-------------

James L. Sheridan

You pass by dropping your name as some white guy, is being accosted at the front door and is asked for his name. You pass on by with purpose and the guards don't even glance at you a second time.

-------------

Patrick Bright & James L. Sheridan

Modius pauses in his carousing as Patrick approaches, "A good evening and a Happy New Year to you Patrick correct? Tell me, how do you fare alone out here. One should never be alone, you must attend to me with much greater frequency".

Before you can reply, a well dressed young black man approaches, "It seems like your request for everyone to attend has been well heeded. This is quite the interesting crowd".

Modius shakes James' hand with a solid grip, "I am happy you could make it James. Meet Patrick Bright. I am told he is a promising artist but I've yet to see any of his work, such a recluse. Tell me James, do you think your Sire will make it tonight?"

You do not see your Sire Patrick.

-------------

Julian Preston & Dalton Michaels

Lucian shrugs, "Oh he always calls for them on New Year's, he must have had Allicia write these to give them some more teeth. Yep, they are most certainly on the payroll, no doubt he is also looking to keep out the riff raff. No doubt Juggler will show up late anyway".

As the three of you enter the room Lucian spots the man holding court in the corner with so many people standing around him and chuckling, "That bastard showed up too eh?"

Perception+Empathy Dalton DC 7 1 Success - ONLY:
Lucian's slight crease in his mouth is a smile, seems like the fun e was speaking of will begin shortly.

I know another great Bloodlines game, it's right here on the Boards :-) it was not incidentally, named after the game!

------------

Charlotte Mallory & Shane Driscoll

You both begin to see more guests enter the party. Much like teh tw of you and the several that entered in the past fifteen minutes, they don't quite look like the rest of the crowd.


Shadow's Status

BAPTISM OF FIRE - Thursday - December 31, 1992 - Modius' Manse

Morgrym Black & Morag Darrow

Another patron a young man who is rather drunk and stumbling about approaches you both in the corner. He points at the tall, good looking man that just entered the room [oo]Iron John[/ooc], "Is that guy a wrestler?"

-------------

Tyrell Barker

Tyrone grins, "Does that mean you are back? I would love to see some new blood in Chicago politics to be sure!"


Brujah 9th Gen; Blood Pool 8/14; Will 4/5; S-C 4 dice; Cour 4 dice; Init 4 dice; Soak 2 dice; Health Uninjured; Current Effects: none

Tyrell chuckles at Tyrone's phrasing. "Yes indeed, my friend. I'm back. Going to be looking for some friends I can count on round here - you think you're up for it?"


12th Generation Ventrue Max Blood Pool/Current: 8/10 | Willpower 5/5

"I don't know, but he's certainly big enough to be. How about you? What do you think his profession is?" she asks the young man while wrapping a friendly arm around him, and smiling brightly. She hands him her still full wine glass.


9th Generation Tremere | Blood: 7/14 | Willpower: 8/8

George Burns? Why George B- Then Brad got it. Still wasn't very funny. He chose a position out of the way, with his back to a wall, and quietly waited for the Prince to reveal what this was all about.


13th Gen Ventrue | Blood Pool:7/10 | Willpower: 6/6

John couldn't smile more if he had won the lottery. There's something about a beautiful woman that takes all your cares away, even the ones they shouldn't.
"I was hoping to meet the host of this..."(he opens his arm in an encompassing gesture, which also stretches his suit across his massive frame) "fete. See, I'm new in town. Perhaps you would be willing to show me around a bit?"
He proffers his arm for her to take and lead him.


9th Generation Ventrue | Bloodpool: 9/14 | Willpower: 7/7

Addressing the prince, James says, Sadly, I don't think my sire will be in attendance tonight. Then again, I've learned not to speak for him. *Shrugs*

Turning to Patrick, Mr. Bright, it's nice to make your acquaintance. With the turning of the year it may be time for me to make some changes of my own and cast out the Nagel prints currently infesting my apartment. What kind of media do you work in? Perhaps you could give me some advice on tasteful way to manage the change in style.


Blood Pool 9/10; Willpower 7/7

"Rick." he says, testing the man.


"Then the next time I'll attend your party, I'll be sure to bring some of my works," Patrick promises the Prince.

A spark lights up in Patrick's eyes when James asks him about art.
"Surely! It depends on you preferences. If you're interested in more traditional paintings, I can give you some advice and introduce you to a few more knowledgeable people. And if you're interested in abstract and surreal art, I'll be happy to show you my works. Although my Sire can be somewhat... protective about my art. Speaking of him, I haven't seen him for a few weeks now. Do you happen to know where he is?" Patrick asks the Prince.

1 to 50 of 385 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Forged in Steel - Chicago & Gary by Night - A Second Edition Vampire the Masquerade Story All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.