Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Flesh and Bone-A zombiepocalypse story

Game Master concerro

The party enters a world much different than the one many of them left 3 years ago. Many cities have been abandoned. Those cities that are still occupied are under martial law to a large extent.
People are very afraid of the world, and for good


1,401 to 1,450 of 1,511 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>

Klor Kragsson wrote:

this where we make it to Absolom encounter free and everything is normal there with some strange wizard that has the cure for everything going on

is that the part we are up to?

You are on your way to Absolom per my next post most likely.

There will be potential difficulties. :)


Uchendu Kybwa'ka wrote:

Now that I think of it (and after I have gone through the PFSRD exhaustively), I recommend the following:

Personal Acquisitions:
Whetstone
Pocket Watch
Large Jar of Mwangi Coffee
Winter Blanket
Small Steel Mirror
Portable Altar
Spring-loaded Wrist Sheath (2)
Surgeon's Tools

Group Acquisitions:
Fishhook (6)
Waterproof Bag (6)
Signal Whistle (6)
Sextant
Spyglass
Holy Water (as much as we can lay our hands on)
Alchemist's Fire (as much as we can lay our hands on)
Acid Flask (as much as we can lay our hands on)
Alchemical Grease (as much as we can lay our hands on)

I figured that I should ask for *everything*, and then be pleasantly surprised with whatever the GM kindly allows us to rustle up :-)

I swear that is it, though :-P

All of that seems reasonable.

holy water=11
alchemist fire=7
Acid Flash=9
Alchemical grease=5

There are enough winter blankets for everyone that is travelling.

You also find a few holy symbols of various deities.


As the group is preparing to leave the total number of deckhands from the resistance caps at 15.

There are enough supplies to make the trip. The boat can go 6 miles per 8 hours if it is being rowed, and the current is with it. You have enough people to row for 2 8 hour shifts.

Assuming nothing goes wrong you would be able to cover 15 miles a day.

The trip is 780 miles.

I would suggest having the professor, and Draven(NPC you found in the small village) as 2 of the pilots.

Driving Check Diplomacy or Intimidate while rowed, or Profession (sailor) or Knowledge (nature) +10 to the DC when sail is used

If being rowed and using the sail then the highest roll takes precedence<--Not in the book, but I could not find the official rule.


Male Elan Psion*(Telepath) 5th,
Status:
HP 27/27, AC16/16*/20**, Touch 12/16*/20**, FF 14/14*18**, F: +2*, R: +3*, W: +5*, Init +4, Perc +1/+5*, PP40/36* Darkvision 60'**

Saxton will take
holy water=2
alchemist fire=2
Acid Flash=2
Alchemical grease=2
To carry if thats ok


Gun 3/Clr 2 - HP 36/36: AC 26: Touch: 12 Flat: 24 - F+7, R+6, W+5 Init +5; Darkvision (60 feet); Per +8

Sounds good :), time for a voyage! So at 15 miles per day we will arrive in roughly 52 days! Yowza! xD

Haundo will take night watch after the second shift of rowers have gone to bed and he will rest when the first set of rowers rise in the morning that way we have some darkvision and heavy armor on night guard. Probably have Klor with me as well. :) That is if your up for it Klor!


Male Elan Psion*(Telepath) 5th,
Status:
HP 27/27, AC16/16*/20**, Touch 12/16*/20**, FF 14/14*18**, F: +2*, R: +3*, W: +5*, Init +4, Perc +1/+5*, PP40/36* Darkvision 60'**

[ooc]Time to read books, research items and fight udead Pi...[ooc]


Bard 4/Gun 1, HP 39, AC: 17 Tch 12 FF 15 F: +5, R: +8, W: +4, Init: +2, Per: +8

If it takes Knowledge Nature to sail Andreas has +10 he could pilot, he also has Diplomacy at +7


Male Half-Elf Oracle (Juju) 5

Uchendu has a Diplomacy of +13, and a Knowledge(Nature) of +11; with the Sextant, his Survival (normally +7), is +11 for the purposes of navigating; none of those including the 'sailing book' bonuses.


Sailing/Piloting uses Profession (sailor) or Knowledge (nature) check for the driving check for larger ships such as the one you are driving.


The professor has over a +11 to sailing without using the book. Draven has an 11 exactly without using the book.

Laden thanks you many times for your assistance, wishing you well, and so does the rest of the resistance. With everything loaded onto the ship the party is finally ready to set sail.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

The wind is at the with the crew the first day, and no rowing is needed.

The second day has choppy water, and a change in wind direction.

2 intimidate or diplomacy checks will be needed.

Anyone that is that is going to be awake for the 3rd shift can make the knowledge nature or profession (sailor) check to keep the boat going in the correct direction.


Bard 4/Gun 1, HP 39, AC: 17 Tch 12 FF 15 F: +5, R: +8, W: +4, Init: +2, Per: +8

Andreas will go for the Third Shift

Knowledge Nature: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 13, Touch 13, FF 11, F: +1, R: +3, W: +4, Init +6, Perc +8, Darkvision 60'

saxton, you have all the group stuff noted on your sheet?

De'ohge is happy to assist the others with sailing the ship, having a basic understanding of the theory himself. After a while he realizes that theory and practice are a bit further apart than he originally thought.

prof:sailor assist other 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Being a creature of the shadows, De'ohge finds himself most comfortable at night and volunteers for third shift.

know:nature 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14


Male Half-Elf Oracle (Juju) 5

Uchendu does his best to rouse the spirits of the rowers...

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19.
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18.


Gun 3/Clr 2 - HP 36/36: AC 26: Touch: 12 Flat: 24 - F+7, R+6, W+5 Init +5; Darkvision (60 feet); Per +8

Diplomacy Aid Another - Uchendu's Diplomacy Dc 10 - Success +2 to your rolls Uchendu 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13

Hauno will rise when the first shift of rowers go to bed and he will be awake from the 2nd shift and through the 3rd shift and go to bed when the 1st group of rowers get up again.

Not being as trained in wordplay, knowledge of the sea or a professional sailor Haundo did the only thing he was good at. Leading by example. As Uchnedu urged greater effort from the rowers Haundo found one of the rowers who was obviously exhausted and pulled them out of the line. Taking their place he put his back into rowing and urged those near him to put more effort into it between breaths.


Male Elan Psion*(Telepath) 5th,
Status:
HP 27/27, AC16/16*/20**, Touch 12/16*/20**, FF 14/14*18**, F: +2*, R: +3*, W: +5*, Init +4, Perc +1/+5*, PP40/36* Darkvision 60'**

Not all, some I think you have, just the axe? I am going to post it here so it can be added to a the greater list, this now is coming off his PC sheet and will be here.

group 'LOOT' Bag of Holding2 :

not all is in the bag of H
1 manual on ship operation-->These give you a +2 on any checks related to piloting a ship. It takes one hour to look over the book, and the bonus stays in place for 8 hours. After that you must read the book again.

Wooden box (held 4 potions of lesser restoration now split)
Tower Shield magical +1

10 light crossbows
4 heavy crossbows
299 bolts

4 MW strength +2 composite longbows.
6 MW strength +1 composite longbows.
123 arrows.

100 food rations

Notes and papers - form Command center.


With Uchendu and Haundo's encourage the crew responds, giving the ship the extra power it needs to maintain its top speed despite mother nature not cooperating.

Andreas and De'oghe are able to keep the shipped pointed correction direction.

For everyone:
I should have done this before. We have the professor on first shift, and Draven as the pilot for 2nd shift. The rest of you can now decide if you wish to take 1st or 2nd s#%+.


Male Elan Psion*(Telepath) 5th,
Status:
HP 27/27, AC16/16*/20**, Touch 12/16*/20**, FF 14/14*18**, F: +2*, R: +3*, W: +5*, Init +4, Perc +1/+5*, PP40/36* Darkvision 60'**

With the Prof on 1st s$#%.


Gun 3/Clr 2 - HP 36/36: AC 26: Touch: 12 Flat: 24 - F+7, R+6, W+5 Init +5; Darkvision (60 feet); Per +8

Haundo will take 2nd shift, since it is the night shift i'm assuming, Darkvision on nights. :)


Male Half-Elf Oracle (Juju) 5

@Haundo: From an earlier Watcher post, it looks like there are three shifts - Prof on First, Draven on Second, and one of us on Third (Andreas, at present); I would guess that the last shift is the night shift (assuming that each is 8 hours in duration, of course).


Gun 3/Clr 2 - HP 36/36: AC 26: Touch: 12 Flat: 24 - F+7, R+6, W+5 Init +5; Darkvision (60 feet); Per +8

Oh my bad! I will stick with what I had stated earlier then, Haundo will be mainly on the 3rd shift because of his darkvision. :) Thanks Uchendu my mistake I thought for some reason there was only 2 shifts now ^^;


If you would rather do two twelve hour shifts then you can.


Gun 3/Clr 2 - HP 36/36: AC 26: Touch: 12 Flat: 24 - F+7, R+6, W+5 Init +5; Darkvision (60 feet); Per +8

Nope its totally fine with how you had it before :) it was me confusing things.


male Dwarf Fighter (Weapon Master) 1

Klor will remain in his bunk with a bucket next to him with a new greenish complextion. and alot of moaning.


Here is what I have for shifts

1st
Professor

2nd
Draven
Saxton
Klor

3rd
Andreas and De'oghe
Haundo

Is that correct?


Male Elan Psion*(Telepath) 5th,
Status:
HP 27/27, AC16/16*/20**, Touch 12/16*/20**, FF 14/14*18**, F: +2*, R: +3*, W: +5*, Init +4, Perc +1/+5*, PP40/36* Darkvision 60'**

Could you move Saxton to Proff so thats 2+2+2 GM


Gun 3/Clr 2 - HP 36/36: AC 26: Touch: 12 Flat: 24 - F+7, R+6, W+5 Init +5; Darkvision (60 feet); Per +8

Sounds good to me :-)


male Dwarf Fighter (Weapon Master) 1

looks good for watches to me after a day or so Klor will probably start to get his sea legs and not be so seasick.


New shifts:

1st
Professor
Saxton

2nd
Draven
Klor

3rd
Andreas and De'oghe
Haundo

It seems myself and Saxton spelled shift incorrectly upthread since I see the filter in place. Oops.


The waters calm down during the next day just about the same time that the 2nd shift take over.....

Hours into 2nd shift when this happens:1d8 ⇒ 5

Draven Perception:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

Draven announces that a large creature with tentacles is in the current ship's current path..

Anyone that would be awake at this time may participate....

Draven suggest trying to avoid the creature, but you may want to try to take it one if you wish...

If you wish to make knowledge checks then use knowledge nature to try to identify it.

edit:I am assuming that the yelling will eventually wake mostly everyone up so for now those who would be awake should post first.


Male Half-Elf Oracle (Juju) 5

Knowledge(Nature): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28.

"Let's try and avoid what trouble we can."


Male Elan Psion*(Telepath) 5th,
Status:
HP 27/27, AC16/16*/20**, Touch 12/16*/20**, FF 14/14*18**, F: +2*, R: +3*, W: +5*, Init +4, Perc +1/+5*, PP40/36* Darkvision 60'**

"yes little point of having a ship that can go around thing if we do not do just that"


male Dwarf Fighter (Weapon Master) 1

With little room ta manuver on ths ship i suggest we avoid dat creature but of course would be interestin ta know if its one of dem undead or is it a livin' thing


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 13, Touch 13, FF 11, F: +1, R: +3, W: +4, Init +6, Perc +8, Darkvision 60'

"zzzzzzz"


Uchendu recognized that the creature in question is an giant(template) giant squid. It is capable of greatly damaging the ship..

You may now try to use dipomacy or initimate to get rowers to fight against the current so that Draven had time to try to change the ship's path in time...


Male Half-Elf Oracle (Juju) 5

"Come on lads, put your backs into it - we need to slow this ship down, so that we can change course, before we run into that overgrown pile of calamari!"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24.


Uchendu is able to motivate the crew to put enough effort into rowing the other way to slow the boat down.


Sorry it seems my other post was eaten..grrrr

Short version
It seems the creature has seen the boat, and is chasing you.

Everyone that is awake give me an diplomacy or intimidate check to motivate the crew to row to see if you can outpace the squid....


Male Half-Elf Oracle (Juju) 5

Uchendu sighs.

"Great. It appears it *really* does want to make a meal of us... put your backs into it! We need to outpace it!"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20.


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 13, Touch 13, FF 11, F: +1, R: +3, W: +4, Init +6, Perc +8, Darkvision 60'

"zzzzz"

be nice of someone to go below and wake everyone up...


Male Elan Psion*(Telepath) 5th,
Status:
HP 27/27, AC16/16*/20**, Touch 12/16*/20**, FF 14/14*18**, F: +2*, R: +3*, W: +5*, Init +4, Perc +1/+5*, PP40/36* Darkvision 60'**

Saxton dos not sleep as such and so will wake De'ohge and any others, then he will try and use telekinetic-force to aid the movement of the ship, buy adding a small amount of thrust GM

5PP spends


male Dwarf Fighter (Weapon Master) 1

Klor glances at the creature and his untrained eye can still tell it is following

Right... If ya be wantin' ta see yer families again ya best be rowing like yer life depended on it. An there be more truth in dose words dan ya realize

Klor gives his motivational speech to urge the rowers on.

Intimidate 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

After his "speech" Klor takes a survey of the situation. Tactcally we are not ready, Klor will go below and rouse up the remainder of the crew and personel

Right everyone be needed topside we might be gettin' some uninvited guests! Lets move!!


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 13, Touch 13, FF 11, F: +1, R: +3, W: +4, Init +6, Perc +8, Darkvision 60'

meepphhh... yes, yes, up, I am. Feeling the tension from the others, De'ohge inquires of the nature of uninvited guests before gathering up his gear.

did we have any mounts onboard?

Heading for the galley, he starts looking for anything that might be a deterrent. salt won't work, water is already full of it, pepper? maybe...


Bard 4/Gun 1, HP 39, AC: 17 Tch 12 FF 15 F: +5, R: +8, W: +4, Init: +2, Per: +8

Andreas flips out of his hammock as he tries to get out of it in a rush, hitting the floor with a thump. "Be right there." Andreas grabs his gear for combat and gets his armor on as his heads to the deck.


With all you trying to motivate the crew they are able to push the ship to its maximum speed. The monsters gives chase for a little while, but eventually backs turns away.

The remainder of the trips is uneventful, and the crew is happy for that.

You arrive at Absolom at night time, and find that a wall has been built around the perimeter. You here a series of noises from a horn.

Anyone with ranks in profession sailor, can make a profession sailor check. Otherwise make an intelligence.

There were no mounts


Bard 4/Gun 1, HP 39, AC: 17 Tch 12 FF 15 F: +5, R: +8, W: +4, Init: +2, Per: +8

Intelligence Check 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Andreas smiles at the sight of Absolom wanting to hope that they are free of the plague. He hopes of gaining access to the great library to see if it is still intact. He listens as the horns blow glad that there are survivors behind the walls.


Male Half-Elf Oracle (Juju) 5

Uchendu breathes a sigh of relief when the ship makes it into port.

"Finally, we are here. Hopefully, we will find a solution to this madness..."

Int check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10.


Male Elan Psion*(Telepath) 5th,
Status:
HP 27/27, AC16/16*/20**, Touch 12/16*/20**, FF 14/14*18**, F: +2*, R: +3*, W: +5*, Init +4, Perc +1/+5*, PP40/36* Darkvision 60'**

Saxton looked at the city, he had done a lot on the trip, made some thing and leaned to cook with fish, It had been nice, but now once more dread filled him and hope, could this be a safe place at last?


Gun 3/Clr 2 - HP 36/36: AC 26: Touch: 12 Flat: 24 - F+7, R+6, W+5 Init +5; Darkvision (60 feet); Per +8

Haundo stood on deck with nothing more then a loincloth keeping him modest as he looked to the still distant city and growled at the changes that he saw. His nightmare came back, her arms outspread, his Nightwatch brethren being dragged to their deaths at the hands of unending Fallen. He shook his head and whined lightly as he spoke. "Wait for me Culann, I will protect you..." His muscles flexed across his broad frame unconciously as he prepared himself for the long fight ahead before his ears picked up some sound carried on the wind...

Intelligence 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

The distant horn blasts were not lost on him though. He turned to the men on the ship and pointed to the air and waved his hand in a circular motion. "Hoist a white standard but ready to defend the main deck. I want ten men armed and below deck in case we must protect ourselves... Arm yourselves with axes, spears and crossbows."

He went below and bellowed to the rowers below deck. "Slow your pace men, slow and easy until we receive a response!"

With that said he returned to his room and pulled on his combat gear and he took up his bulwark. They had to be ready if the city tried to board or repel them...


male Dwarf Fighter (Weapon Master) 1

Once he got his sea legs Klor maintained a night watch on deck to make use of his darkvision and the fact that he has no spells to worry about recharging.

upon hearing the horn Klor backs up Haundo's orders to keep the chain of command clear and should help keep the morale of the crew up.

Int check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Klor keeps his Axe at the ready in case trouble breaks out.


The party realizes the horn is using morse code.

I am assuming you would find someone who can translate it

The professor says that you are being ask to wait until morning before they open the gates.

Next morning:

A raven leaves the city and fly over to the ship carrying something in its claws.

Everyone roll perception checks to see what its carrying:

I don't know if I mentioned this before, but if you like I can roll the perception checks for you in cases like these to speed things up if you like.

1,401 to 1,450 of 1,511 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Flesh and Bone-A Zombiepocalypse Story All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.