Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Flesh and Bone-A zombiepocalypse story

Game Master concerro

The party enters a world much different than the one many of them left 3 years ago. Many cities have been abandoned. Those cities that are still occupied are under martial law to a large extent.
People are very afraid of the world, and for good


1,001 to 1,050 of 1,511 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>

Tobin giddily clutches the wand of fireball. "This I want. This I want very much. The pouch might be useful for someone who want to carry more things. It can carry quite a bit more than it looks. Anyone have an idea where to go from here?"

Also, congrats on hitting 1,000 posts.


Bard 4/Gun 1, HP 39, AC: 17 Tch 12 FF 15 F: +5, R: +8, W: +4, Init: +2, Per: +8

"I didn't hear anything in the immediate area so is this were we go down or continue up here."

Are we Level 4 or 5


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 13, Touch 13, FF 11, F: +1, R: +3, W: +4, Init +6, Perc +8, Darkvision 60'

"The gloves be good for any that seek secrets, scout the unseen and unheard." De'ohge looks at the others, "I will demonstrate."

Putting the gloves on, De'ohge walks to one of the internal bulkheads and places both hands on the hatch of the bulkhead before concentrating on what he sees and hears on the other side.

Based on the description, I should be able to shift with the gloves, and if the next room is empty of hostiles, he will do so.


4 I thought. Did we level and I missed it?


Bard 4/Gun 1, HP 39, AC: 17 Tch 12 FF 15 F: +5, R: +8, W: +4, Init: +2, Per: +8

The only reason I ask is that De'ohge is level 5, and I wasn't sure if I missed leveling.


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 13, Touch 13, FF 11, F: +1, R: +3, W: +4, Init +6, Perc +8, Darkvision 60'

Check Watcher Uatu's post on Aug 1, 10:29 PM. discussion thread.


Bard 4/Gun 1, HP 39, AC: 17 Tch 12 FF 15 F: +5, R: +8, W: +4, Init: +2, Per: +8

Wow somehow missed that one and it looks like I wasn't the only one. Well Level Up!


De'oghe you don't see any zombies when you use the gloves.


Male Half-Elf Oracle (Juju) 5

Okay, so Tobin has claimed the wand, and De'oghe has claimed the gloves; who wants to take the bag? I am not, as that would tip me over into medium encumbrance.

Once everyone has finished exploring the room, and picking the items they wish to take, Uchendu clears his throat, and speaks:

"Right den, shall we be explorin' de rest of de ship, now?"


Bard 4/Gun 1, HP 39, AC: 17 Tch 12 FF 15 F: +5, R: +8, W: +4, Init: +2, Per: +8

Andreas will take the bag if no one else wants it to hold.

"I think that is a plan Uchendu, let's hope after we clear this tub out it is actually sea worthy."


Male Elan Psion*(Telepath) 5th,
Status:
HP 27/27, AC16/16*/20**, Touch 12/16*/20**, FF 14/14*18**, F: +2*, R: +3*, W: +5*, Init +4, Perc +1/+5*, PP40/36* Darkvision 60'**

Saxton gets up,
"I have no need of the bag, I have a napsack that dos the same, I would like the gloves but they have been calmed, I ask I have with Uchendu 1st call on any other magics we find."


male Dwarf Fighter (Weapon Master) 1

ahhh Bloody hell, if none af ya want the blasted bag I'll be takin' it !!!

Klor grabs thebag and fumbles around with it for a bit. then looks to one of the magic types.

What does it do?


Male Half-Elf Oracle (Juju) 5

"It be bigger on de inside den its outer appearance would be suggestin', mon."


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 13, Touch 13, FF 11, F: +1, R: +3, W: +4, Init +6, Perc +8, Darkvision 60'

"things that be pokey not be good in the bag."


Male Elan Psion*(Telepath) 5th,
Status:
HP 27/27, AC16/16*/20**, Touch 12/16*/20**, FF 14/14*18**, F: +2*, R: +3*, W: +5*, Init +4, Perc +1/+5*, PP40/36* Darkvision 60'**

Saxton looks around then the voice from his chest says
"I learned a lot from that battle, I have never had to hold my mind like that before, it opened new pathways and areas of power. For me this is mast suprising outcome"

Saxton looks at a barrel and it moves slightly.

"I can feel things I could not before"


With the gloves, and your perception checks you are able to search the ship, and find that no zombies are on the ship.


Male Half-Elf Oracle (Juju) 5

"Well, dat be a relief. Let's head back to de 'Resistance', and have a chat wit' dem."


Bard 4/Gun 1, HP 39, AC: 17 Tch 12 FF 15 F: +5, R: +8, W: +4, Init: +2, Per: +8

"So now that we have the ship who is going to sail it."


Male Half-Elf Oracle (Juju) 5

Uchendu shrugs.

"I am no sailor. Maybe we could be findin' some people willin' to sign on as sailors from amongst de survivors here?"


Male Elan Psion*(Telepath) 5th,
Status:
HP 27/27, AC16/16*/20**, Touch 12/16*/20**, FF 14/14*18**, F: +2*, R: +3*, W: +5*, Init +4, Perc +1/+5*, PP40/36* Darkvision 60'**

"should we not keep some one on the ship to stop any undead coming on board"


Bard 4/Gun 1, HP 39, AC: 17 Tch 12 FF 15 F: +5, R: +8, W: +4, Init: +2, Per: +8

Pointing over at Haundo's Army "We can leave some of them here with the ship to make sure it doesn't get overrun again and take some with us so we can get the Professor and the rest of the caravan."


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 13, Touch 13, FF 11, F: +1, R: +3, W: +4, Init +6, Perc +8, Darkvision 60'

"I know not much more than which end is the front."


Male Elan Psion*(Telepath) 5th,
Status:
HP 27/27, AC16/16*/20**, Touch 12/16*/20**, FF 14/14*18**, F: +2*, R: +3*, W: +5*, Init +4, Perc +1/+5*, PP40/36* Darkvision 60'**

"Good then we agree we should go and show the Professor the orb and tell him we have the ship"


"That sounds like as good a plan as any. Maybe we should have someone ask among the soldiers if any have sailing experience while we're gone. It's a port town, some of these men must surely have sailed."


Feel free to make diplomacy checks to see what you can find out.


male Dwarf Fighter (Weapon Master) 1

Klor will address the crowd of militia men.

Right!! any of ya men ere know anything bout sailing dis ere boat?

looks back to the group blunt an to da point I say

diplomacy check: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6


Male Elan Psion*(Telepath) 5th,
Status:
HP 27/27, AC16/16*/20**, Touch 12/16*/20**, FF 14/14*18**, F: +2*, R: +3*, W: +5*, Init +4, Perc +1/+5*, PP40/36* Darkvision 60'**

diplomacy check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13


Male Half-Elf Oracle (Juju) 5

"Is dere anyone aroun' here wit' experience as a sailor? We be looking for a crew..."


Male Half-Elf Oracle (Juju) 5

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25.


Three of them admit to having some experience. They all have families however, and don't wish to take the voyage otherwise. It would add a total of 7 more NPC's, since of them has a child.


Bard 4/Gun 1, HP 39, AC: 17 Tch 12 FF 15 F: +5, R: +8, W: +4, Init: +2, Per: +8

"Let's get going maybe someone in the resistance will know how to pilot a ship or know someone that would want to come with us."


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 13, Touch 13, FF 11, F: +1, R: +3, W: +4, Init +6, Perc +8, Darkvision 60'

I do have one rank in sailing, but the know-how is still rudimentary.

"I am eager to learn what I can of this orb."


Are the guys who spoke up a secondary option? I am just asking. You are free to ask around more once if you wish. I am assuming you will meet up with the resistance again. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.


Male Elan Psion*(Telepath) 5th,
Status:
HP 27/27, AC16/16*/20**, Touch 12/16*/20**, FF 14/14*18**, F: +2*, R: +3*, W: +5*, Init +4, Perc +1/+5*, PP40/36* Darkvision 60'**

Yes soon as I think we need to get the prof and the rest on the ship asap


Bard 4/Gun 1, HP 39, AC: 17 Tch 12 FF 15 F: +5, R: +8, W: +4, Init: +2, Per: +8

Andreas might be able to navigate he has knowledge geography if that works for it. And we can ask more people on the wayntomthe resistance and the professor


Male Elan Psion*(Telepath) 5th,
Status:
HP 27/27, AC16/16*/20**, Touch 12/16*/20**, FF 14/14*18**, F: +2*, R: +3*, W: +5*, Init +4, Perc +1/+5*, PP40/36* Darkvision 60'**

Saxton has good Knowledge skills that may help and he can memorize charts and stuff


Bard 4/Gun 1, HP 39, AC: 17 Tch 12 FF 15 F: +5, R: +8, W: +4, Init: +2, Per: +8

maybe between "Know Direction" and Knowledge Geography +10, we can Navigate to Absalom.

Also the Guys that spoke up we would be willing to take them and their Families. We just need to figure out our total Party and Rationing. Also Question to the GM how many men will it take to pilot the ship.


Male Half-Elf Oracle (Juju) 5

Navigating will not be the issue - Uchendu has Knowledge(Nature) and Survival, as well. What we need are people who actually know how to 'work' a ship ;-)


The boat only needs a crew of 8, but if you intend to sail by air(the boat's sails), and by using oars then you will need 16 people, but the 16 using the oars don't need to know how to run the ship. They are just muscle.

There are also 6 NPC's that were traveling with you already, not to include the professor. So that is 7 NPC's. The professor will be running the ship for the most part, and the girl is too weak to row. You can have Draven row or help with the piloting when the professor needs a break, plus he can fight.

If you use Droven as a shipman(lack of a better term), and not a rower then you have 5 rower's. You also have the 3 soldiers with ship experience. That mean that you need 3 more people who know how to run a ship if none of you want to fill in, if any rolls are needed.


male Dwarf Fighter (Weapon Master) 1

Well If it be muscle ya need to run dis boat I guess I be da one fer da job. But as fer as sailin'? Well ya be Damn lucky I even knew dis was a boat.

Klor being a relative new-comer he has no idea about this professor or others th group is travelling with.

Why don't ya go an fetch this Professor and I be waitin ere ta guard da boat.


The party exits the boat, and goes back to where the professor is to find the leader of the resistance there.

Laden(resistance leader)-"I see all of you are still alive. I assuming the cyclops is no more. Would that be correct?"


Bard 4/Gun 1, HP 39, AC: 17 Tch 12 FF 15 F: +5, R: +8, W: +4, Init: +2, Per: +8

is the professor there or just the resistance leader or both

"it is and the ship is cleared." Andreas rubs his forehead like he has a headache


The professor is there. You are back at the building you stayed at the day before the resistance.


Male Elan Psion*(Telepath) 5th,
Status:
HP 27/27, AC16/16*/20**, Touch 12/16*/20**, FF 14/14*18**, F: +2*, R: +3*, W: +5*, Init +4, Perc +1/+5*, PP40/36* Darkvision 60'**

"professor we found an orb the cyclops had could you take a look at it, its seems to have been used by it, I think it may be a means of communication or control"


Dr.Frennel:"I don't know much about magical devices. Well I don't know how to manipulate them anyway. During your absence I did find out that Laden has some magical talents. You can ask him or you can hold on to it until we reach Absalom."


Bard 4/Gun 1, HP 39, AC: 17 Tch 12 FF 15 F: +5, R: +8, W: +4, Init: +2, Per: +8

"That professor is the other issue we need people that can crew the ship we have and could have a few of the soldiers help but would need to take their families along. We are not sure of our supplies for the journey and how long it might take."


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 13, Touch 13, FF 11, F: +1, R: +3, W: +4, Init +6, Perc +8, Darkvision 60'

"What ever we are going to do, I suggest we get to it quickly."

Moving over to an empty table, De'ohge pulls the wrapped orb from his haversack and sets it on the table.

Carefully unwrapping it, "this be the orb, brainy speak of."

Now that he has a little more time to study the orb, De'ohge pulls up a stool and stands on it to get a closer look at the orb.

and I have leveled since...

Spellcraft 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16

egads


Gun 3/Clr 2 - HP 36/36: AC 26: Touch: 12 Flat: 24 - F+7, R+6, W+5 Init +5; Darkvision (60 feet); Per +8

Perception - Looking for any other threats. 1d20 ⇒ 3

As the others dealt with the professor and Laden Haundo went about with the remaining resistance fighters, Thanking Cayden that somehow they had come out of the battle mostly unscathed, not a single fighter bitten and had reduced the mob of Fallen to nothing more but writhing pieces to be dealt with and burned. He called them together and, with a heavy heart he told them of his foul words he said before meeting them. Most understood his misconception, one man struck him hard upside his head. He deserved it and could tell from the look in the man's eyes that he hadn't come here to win today. He had that haunted look, one he had seen time and time before, he'd lost his family to these things and today hadn't satisfied this lust. Not yet.

He'd hope for the man's well being as the man stormed off to hack at another twitching corpse. "If any of you change your mind, I would be honored to have you sail with us. For those of you who stay, fight with honor, fight the fallen and retake your city. If I could stay I would, but your strong enough now to not need a dog like me. Now keep an eye out for more of them, you know what to do!" He adds the last part with a toothy grin and a growling bark for emphasis. Leaving the Resistance fighters to secure the streets he joined the others in the small building, clanking semi-loudly as he entered.

Inside with the others!

"The street is held for now. Laden you have some capable fighters, I hope to see you retake your home. I wish I could stay and help you but if they keep fighting like they did today, you wouldn't need this old hound hogging your glory." He smiles toothily at Laden.

He nods to the resistance leader as he continues. "Luckily, none of the fighters were injured, blessing be to Cayden for that. I hope that solves some of your problems..."

Sorry for the LONG wait but i'm back :), and leveled up to! I took an additional level of Cleric.


male Dwarf Fighter (Weapon Master) 1

While the others ar inside discussing the orb Klor decides to take another look in the boat's hold looking for something more to his tastes.

dis be a ship, an I hear sailors like da rum, dar got ta be some rum somewhere aboard dis boat he mutters to himself searching every concievable location there could be some rum stashed.

I know its a long shot (hell probably longer that that even) but desperate times call for desperate measures and Klor hasen't had an ale for days.

if I can take 20 on the search he will do so for a 26 search

otherwise roll: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


Male Elan Psion*(Telepath) 5th,
Status:
HP 27/27, AC16/16*/20**, Touch 12/16*/20**, FF 14/14*18**, F: +2*, R: +3*, W: +5*, Init +4, Perc +1/+5*, PP40/36* Darkvision 60'**

Saxton finds a quiet place out of the way to sit and shuts down, is mind becomes point in space and time, All powers off he trys to remove the memorably fear from the fight. He is not a brave man and this was his 1st real battle, for a time he finds it hard but slowly with the skills of a mind Mage the thoughts fade away and he just is once more.

Then a voice whispers in the darkness "Having fun Saxton?"

He knows who it is but he says nothing, whats to say?, best let her see and go.

Then after a time he is just the now.

1,001 to 1,050 of 1,511 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Flesh and Bone-A Zombiepocalypse Story All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.