Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Flesh and Bone-A zombiepocalypse story

Game Master concerro

The party enters a world much different than the one many of them left 3 years ago. Many cities have been abandoned. Those cities that are still occupied are under martial law to a large extent.
People are very afraid of the world, and for good


951 to 1,000 of 1,511 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>

Klor that happens to me to in PbP games. I need a 5 to make a check, and I get a 20. Combat comes up, and I am rolling 5's at best.

Neither of you see anyone or anything hiding on the main deck. You do see an entrance that leads to the lower decks.

PS:Excuse my poor ship terminology. I know nothing about them.


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 13, Touch 13, FF 11, F: +1, R: +3, W: +4, Init +6, Perc +8, Darkvision 60'

that would be a hatch leading belowdecks... :) What kind of ship is this? A google search for "sail ship" will give you some ideas. this looks like a pretty decent site http://www.thepirateking.com/ships/ship_types.htm


It is a Keelboat.


Male Elan Psion*(Telepath) 5th,
Status:
HP 27/27, AC16/16*/20**, Touch 12/16*/20**, FF 14/14*18**, F: +2*, R: +3*, W: +5*, Init +4, Perc +1/+5*, PP40/36* Darkvision 60'**

Saxton gets to the deck, he seems a little hurt from the fight.


Male Half-Elf Oracle (Juju) 5

Uchendu gingerly follows the others onto the deck of the ship, eyeing the ingress point to the lower decks warily...

"I wonder what other horrors await us bellow deck..."


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 13, Touch 13, FF 11, F: +1, R: +3, W: +4, Init +6, Perc +8, Darkvision 60'

keelboat? do you have a reference or link to which boat with a keel you are referencing?

De'ohge looks back at the large cyclops, and then at the hatch, is this boat over-sized or was that cyclops squeezing below-decks?


Bard 4/Gun 1, HP 39, AC: 17 Tch 12 FF 15 F: +5, R: +8, W: +4, Init: +2, Per: +8

Andreas follows everyone over the make shift bridge wondering if they were walking into a trap.


Gun 3/Clr 2 - HP 36/36: AC 26: Touch: 12 Flat: 24 - F+7, R+6, W+5 Init +5; Darkvision (60 feet); Per +8

Leaving the militia to defend the docks and quietly celebrate their momentous victory Haundo follows the others and stands at the edge of the plank looking somewhat unsure if he should cross. Knowing full well he wasn't quiet.

At all. He watches from below, waiting for their cover to be blown or for them to fall upon the fallen and catch the dead unaware.

Gah, RL is not giving me any breaks right now, trying to catch up and will update Haundo shortly, he's going for another level of cleric. +1 bab, a smattering of SP and an additional feat + 1 1st level spell. Glad to see you guys have kept moving forward :)


I know boats! Doors are hatches, floors are decks, stairs are ladders, ceilings are overhead, walls are bulkheads. As for keelboat, it's original meaning (smallish, narrow, open decked boat for rivers like a big canoe with a short keel) doesn't seem to fit, so I expect it's just a sailed ship large enough to have a true keel rather than a centerboard.

Tobin moves aboard the ship with the others and nods towards the hatch, indicating that someone less likely than he to die in the attempt ought to open it.

Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16


male Dwarf Fighter (Weapon Master) 3 map link

Klor will take the lead to the lower decks if no one else does.

with his axe at the ready Klor will open the hatch (unless it is already open) and peer inside (darkvision 60')


Male Elan Psion*(Telepath) 5th,
Status:
HP 27/27, AC16/16*/20**, Touch 12/16*/20**, FF 14/14*18**, F: +2*, R: +3*, W: +5*, Init +4, Perc +1/+5*, PP40/36* Darkvision 60'**

walks around the ship and trys to look in any port whole to see if any thing is inside.

Andoran

Bump!


Saxton give me a perception check.

As a thumb of rule you can roll a perception check whenever you are looking for something.

Tobin it looks like nobody wants to go down first. :)


Male Elan Psion*(Telepath) 5th,
Status:
HP 27/27, AC16/16*/20**, Touch 12/16*/20**, FF 14/14*18**, F: +2*, R: +3*, W: +5*, Init +4, Perc +1/+5*, PP40/36* Darkvision 60'**

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 Perception me
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 Perception my Psicrystal


Neither you not the psicrystal notice anything dangerous.


Male Elan Psion*(Telepath) 5th,
Status:
HP 27/27, AC16/16*/20**, Touch 12/16*/20**, FF 14/14*18**, F: +2*, R: +3*, W: +5*, Init +4, Perc +1/+5*, PP40/36* Darkvision 60'**

I head back to the others,
"It seems to look clear inside, but I can not see every place"


male Dwarf Fighter (Weapon Master) 3 map link

Perception for Klor on deck looking down below decks before proceeding. 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26


male Dwarf Fighter (Weapon Master) 3 map link
Watcher Uatu wrote:

Saxton give me a perception check.

As a thumb of rule you can roll a perception check whenever you are looking for something.

Tobin it looks like nobody wants to go down first. :)

I thought klor already stated he is to go down first....


I missed that Klor. You do not see or hear anything dangerous before heading down.

Once you get there:

The area is completely dark, but since you have darkvision you are ok.

You see a few chest with locks on them, a strange orb that has a 1 foot diameter centered on a table.

You also see a few random things scattered about. The area is rather messy.


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 13, Touch 13, FF 11, F: +1, R: +3, W: +4, Init +6, Perc +8, Darkvision 60'

"Coast clear?"

De'ohge sticks his head over the edge of the hatch, peering in after Klor.


male Dwarf Fighter (Weapon Master) 3 map link

It be seemin' safe nuff there, be some strange round bauble sittin' on a table. maybe one of ya magic folk can take a look at it

Klor looks for some sort of light source he can light up for the others

Perception search the area: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 13, Touch 13, FF 11, F: +1, R: +3, W: +4, Init +6, Perc +8, Darkvision 60'

De'ohge steps down and assists Klor with a search of the area, having activated one of his common cantrips, detect magic.


Deoghe detects magic coming from the chest, and strong magic(necromancy) magic from the orb.


Male Elan Psion*(Telepath) 5th,
Status:
HP 27/27, AC16/16*/20**, Touch 12/16*/20**, FF 14/14*18**, F: +2*, R: +3*, W: +5*, Init +4, Perc +1/+5*, PP40/36* Darkvision 60'**

looking at the orb could sonic smash it? just asking


Tobin mutters a cantrip and a ring on his left hand glows with heatless flames illuminating the room and he descends the ladder.

A second cantrip shows him the magical auras seen by the diminutive wizard.

Spellcraft for the orb: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

"There is magic within the chest. Unless anyone has a better idea, I could open it with a spell while we stand a bit away in case it is trapped."


Male Half-Elf Oracle (Juju) 5

Uchendu nods gravely to Tobin.

"Dat sounds fine to me."


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 13, Touch 13, FF 11, F: +1, R: +3, W: +4, Init +6, Perc +8, Darkvision 60'

De'ohge watches Tobin study the chest, giving it his own purview before turning to study the orb, careful not to touch it.

Spellcraft:Chest 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26
Spellcraft:Orb 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17


Once everyone gives the chest a bit or room, he will cast Open/Close on the chest.

If it's locked, can anyone pick it?


Bard 4/Gun 1, HP 39, AC: 17 Tch 12 FF 15 F: +5, R: +8, W: +4, Init: +2, Per: +8

i could give picking the lock the old bardic try

Andreas stands back as Tobin examines the box, Andreas begins to think about the orb to see if he has read about something like it in a book.

Knoledge Arcana: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21


The chest is radiating several magic aura one, not more powerful than the other, but it is not magical itself.

Deohge you study the orb, and you detect necromancy based magic, but you can't seem to figure out its purpose. Andreas you also have no recollection of such an item.


Male Half-Elf Oracle (Juju) 5

Uchendu regards the orb balefully.

"Is dat some kind of seein' stone? It probably be curs'd. I don't tink we be wanting to destroy it, but we should be makin' sure that no-one can be seein' through it."

Perhaps a lead-lined chest, somewhere, until we can work out exactly what it is?


Male Elan Psion*(Telepath) 5th,
Status:
HP 27/27, AC16/16*/20**, Touch 12/16*/20**, FF 14/14*18**, F: +2*, R: +3*, W: +5*, Init +4, Perc +1/+5*, PP40/36* Darkvision 60'**

"I would like to distory the Orb, it may free the undead around here. what do you think"


Male Half-Elf Oracle (Juju) 5

"But we not be knowin' exactly what kind of bad juju is contained within de orb. I am unwillin' to destroy it until we be knowin' more."


Male Elan Psion*(Telepath) 5th,
Status:
HP 27/27, AC16/16*/20**, Touch 12/16*/20**, FF 14/14*18**, F: +2*, R: +3*, W: +5*, Init +4, Perc +1/+5*, PP40/36* Darkvision 60'**

Saxton looks at Uchendu,
"That is a good point, but I do not wish to pick it up or even beclose to it, how shall we find out more?"


Male Half-Elf Oracle (Juju) 5

Uchendu shrugs.

"I not be knowin' for certain, but we could ask de members of de Resistance - dey have had dealin's with dese beasts for some time now, and dere is at least one wizard amongst dem..."


Male Elan Psion*(Telepath) 5th,
Status:
HP 27/27, AC16/16*/20**, Touch 12/16*/20**, FF 14/14*18**, F: +2*, R: +3*, W: +5*, Init +4, Perc +1/+5*, PP40/36* Darkvision 60'**

"Thats a good idea, let them have a look at it, now the undead have no leader, life be...., Of couse thats what it could be, and orb of some kind of undead contol, it was how the thing could control so many. But thats just an idea, until its been checked"

Walks over to the others with the Chest.

"what do thinks in the chest?"


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 13, Touch 13, FF 11, F: +1, R: +3, W: +4, Init +6, Perc +8, Darkvision 60'

De'ohge finds a piece of cloth large enough to cover the orb and tosses it over the orb. If nothing else happens, he'll wrap the cloth around the orb, tie it shut, and tuck it into a sack.

"Could be bad to destroy it, could be bad not to. More research be needing on this."


Is anyone going to try the chest or will you save it for later?


Tobin was going to use Open/Close on it when everyone was a little bit away from it.


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 13, Touch 13, FF 11, F: +1, R: +3, W: +4, Init +6, Perc +8, Darkvision 60'

Standing back, I be.


Tobin the chest opens, and nothing bad happens.


To be clear nothing bad happened with any of the chest.
What is the group's next action. I will write Saxton out of the game in my next post.


Male Half-Elf Oracle (Juju) 5

When there is no explosion, Uchendu gingerly steps forward, to see what is in the chest...


Tobin also steps forward hand outstretched to read the magical auras.

Holding Detect Magic for three rounds on the contents of the chest.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 13, Touch 13, FF 11, F: +1, R: +3, W: +4, Init +6, Perc +8, Darkvision 60'

While the others are checking the chest, De'ohge takes a look at the rest of the room. This is the ship they hope will get them out of the city...


Bard 4/Gun 1, HP 39, AC: 17 Tch 12 FF 15 F: +5, R: +8, W: +4, Init: +2, Per: +8

Andreas wonders if they are going to find anymore adversaries while they search the ship.

Andreas listens to the sounds beyond this room to see if he can hear anything that might show signs of other life on the boat.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23


Wand of fireball(30 charges) 6d6 DC 14

bag of holding type 1

Gloves(undentified)
----------------------------------------------------
De'ooghe you find a periscope.

Andreas you don't notice anything from where you are. Are you going to explore the boat on your own or wait for your buddies to do the final checks?


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 13, Touch 13, FF 11, F: +1, R: +3, W: +4, Init +6, Perc +8, Darkvision 60'

Spellcraft 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19

De'ohge sets the periscope down next to the other items and takes a look at the gloves.


GLOVES OF RECONNAISSANCE:

Each of these fingerless worked leather gloves look as though they have seen heavy use, and often bear the stains or scent of grass or wet mud.
On command, the wearer can use the gloves to see and hear though solid
material no more than 15 feet thick by placing both hands on that material. The gloves can be used for 10 rounds each day. The rounds need not be consecutive.


Bard 4/Gun 1, HP 39, AC: 17 Tch 12 FF 15 F: +5, R: +8, W: +4, Init: +2, Per: +8

Wait for the group just trying to keep alert

951 to 1,000 of 1,511 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Flesh and Bone-A Zombiepocalypse Story All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.