Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Flesh and Bone-A zombiepocalypse story

Game Master concerro

The party enters a world much different than the one many of them left 3 years ago. Many cities have been abandoned. Those cities that are still occupied are under martial law to a large extent.
People are very afraid of the world, and for good


901 to 950 of 1,511 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>

Tobin you may go.

Haundo it seems I made an error you would have killed the zombie army on your last turn, which is a good thing because I had rolled a nat 20 on this round.


Tobin hands smoke but he holds the magic in, readying to loose the spell if the Cyclops flies back up.

Readied action to use Flaming Hands if it flies up into range. Hopefully, he'll fall back down allowing our ground forces to smash him up.


The Allip makes a touch attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Will save from the cyclops:1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23

Tobin then release Flaming Sphere

Reflex save from the cyclops:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

He takes fire damge:3d6 ⇒ (4, 1, 1) = 6

Fly check:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

He is able to not fall this time.

Trying to punch a hole through the wall-->Will save to disbelieve:1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29

"Nice magic trick. Now all of you will die.", he says.

-----------------------------
Up next
Andreas 10
De'ohge 9 -
Klor 9-
Saxton 3-


male Dwarf Fighter (Weapon Master) 3 map link

Klor reloads the crossbow with another acid bolt takes aim and fires.

crossbow shot: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
if a hit damage: 1d8 + 1d4 ⇒ (8) + (4) = 12

EDIT: my dice-fu is weak -- turns out as a fighter I am sucking.


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 13, Touch 13, FF 11, F: +1, R: +3, W: +4, Init +6, Perc +8, Darkvision 60'

"@#$@#", De'ohge takes a step back, and casts disrupt undead, defensively.

Cast Defensively DC=15 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
Disrupt Undead, raned touch 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
damage 1d6 ⇒ 2

De'ohge finishes his action with a swift shift back 10'.


Bard 4/Gun 1, HP 39, AC: 17 Tch 12 FF 15 F: +5, R: +8, W: +4, Init: +2, Per: +8

Spending a grit point Swift action Focused Aim on the Cyclops Andreas draws his musket and shoots it again.

Musket Attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19

Musket Damage: 1d12 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


Male Elan Psion*(Telepath) 5th,
Status:
HP 27/27, AC16/16*/20**, Touch 12/16*/20**, FF 14/14*18**, F: +2*, R: +3*, W: +5*, Init +4, Perc +1/+5*, PP40/36* Darkvision 60'**

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
ray again 2pp
2d6 + 2 ⇒ (5, 5) + 2 = 12


De'ohge wrote:

"@#$@#", De'ohge takes a step back, and casts disrupt undead, defensively.

Cast Defensively DC=15 1d20+9
Disrupt Undead, raned touch 1d20+5
damage 1d6

De'ohge finishes his action with a swift shift back 10'.

De'oghe casting defensively does not protect from an AoO for the ranged attack potion. I will just assumed you shifted first, and cast the spell second.


Saxton and Deoghe and Andrea all land their attacks. The zombie does not back down though, and only seems more determined to get to them.
---------------------------------------------

Round 9

Uchendu 23 -
Huando 23 -
Tobin 21 -
Cyclops 12 -
Allip 12 -
Andreas 10
De'ohge 9 -
Klor 9-
Saxton 3-

The top 3 may take their actions.


Male Elan Psion*(Telepath) 5th,
Status:
HP 27/27, AC16/16*/20**, Touch 12/16*/20**, FF 14/14*18**, F: +2*, R: +3*, W: +5*, Init +4, Perc +1/+5*, PP40/36* Darkvision 60'**

Sorry meant to add

::"Haundo, now is the time we need you watch, This undead Cyclops must be stopped, attack with all you have"::


Male Half-Elf Oracle (Juju) 5

Uchendu calls on the spirits to aid him, and then gingerly steps forward (To Q17).

Shield of Faith.


Gun 3/Clr 2 - HP 36/36: AC 26: Touch: 12 Flat: 24 - F+7, R+6, W+5 Init +5; Darkvision (60 feet); Per +8

Making up for missing last round

Haundo's forces were triumphant, their false retreat had spread the fallen so thin that when they brought the full might of their swords against them they fell. It hadn't been easy but in a matter of less then an hour the militia had struck a telling blow to the fallen and Haundo had much to apologize for. He had doubted them and they had shown him to be a fool. "VICTORY IS WITHIN OUR GRASP!" The Militia raised their blades, some sheathed their swords and loaded their crossbows in preparation. "Kill the master and free the city, Crossbowman ready, aim, FIRE!" With each word the Milita reformed, swords in front Crossbowman in back and anlging their weapons upwards in the hopes of winging the large, angry Master of the dead.

SA: Shoot at Cyclops with Pistol 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Damage 1d8 ⇒ 5

Using level 1 warrior stats, assuming all average ability scores for militiamen and armed with light crossbows. If you don't want this please disregard Watcher.

Militia Firing light crossbows
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Damage if needed 1d8 ⇒ 8
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

The Militia make a grand attempt at trying to bring the cyclops low and even Haundos pistol shoot was aimed fairly well. Only the fates would tell if their attempt would bare fruit...


It would probably be better if you had them attack as one unit, treating the cyclops as a small army. You can still run your character as an inidividual though, but it is up to you.*

*Five crossbow men shooting at a +1 or the army stats which give you a higher attack roll, but only 1 shot.


Just want to note that I readied Burning Hands, not Flaming Sphere. I mistyped Flaming Hands or something but I definitely only wanted to use a level 1 spell.


Just want to point out that I udes Burning Hands, not Flaming Sphere with my readied action


Ok, Tobin. It is corrected. :)

Burning hands: 5d4 ⇒ (3, 2, 1, 1, 4) = 11


Tobin it is also your turn for round 9. :)


Cast defensively: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

Tobin again lets loose a gout of flame from his hands.

Burning Hands: 4d4 ⇒ (4, 2, 3, 4) = 13

DC16 Reflex for half


male Dwarf Fighter (Weapon Master) 3 map link

It isn't Klors official turn yet but wanted to post his actions to move things along when it becomes his turn (unless the cyclops drops before his turn)

Klor goes to grab another acid bolt only to find his quiver empty of acid. two fire bolts remain.

loading the crossbow with a fire bolt Klor takes aim again at the flying giant and lets another bolt fly this time with fire.

Attack roll: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Damage if hit: 1d8 + 1d4 ⇒ (8) + (4) = 12

EDIT: max damage again with a crappy attack roll heck even the milita men are better at fighting than the fighter


Male Elan Psion*(Telepath) 5th,
Status:
HP 27/27, AC16/16*/20**, Touch 12/16*/20**, FF 14/14*18**, F: +2*, R: +3*, W: +5*, Init +4, Perc +1/+5*, PP40/36* Darkvision 60'**

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 to over come damage - to concentration = Autohypnosis Skill


Tobin MacGregor wrote:

Cast defensively: 1d20 + 100d1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + (12, 1, 20, 7, 11, 7, 20, 12, 20, 15, 9, 9, 2, 19, 18, 16, 17, 15, 4, 13, 18, 9, 7, 15, 20, 19, 19, 13, 15, 6, 17, 8, 15, 18, 14, 2, 2, 14, 13, 6, 15, 14, 1, 4, 2, 16, 5, 7, 18, 1, 3, 8, 15, 1, 12, 18, 9, 5, 6, 7, 10, 9, 5, 18, 6, 1, 15, 1, 9, 10, 19, 15, 8, 8, 14, 20, 5, 6, 13, 2, 1, 11, 8, 17, 14, 14, 3, 5, 18, 4, 10, 7, 5, 15, 7, 18, 19, 19, 5, 17) + 3 = 1081

The cyclops is far to clumsy to dodge the fire, and the all the damage has finally taken its toll. He falls to the group hard, and fast. This zombie will not rise again.

--------------------------------------------------
When you use the "dice" code don't do "[dice=X]"

X=whatever the roll is for.

There is a bug in the boards when will jack the results up.

-----------------------------------------------------


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 13, Touch 13, FF 11, F: +1, R: +3, W: +4, Init +6, Perc +8, Darkvision 60'

Infernal:
About freakin' time! Now to see what goodies he had on his rotting corpse!

De'ohge laughs at their success and heads down to make sure the cyclops is truly dead, again. And then he searches the corpse.

Disrupt undead 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
damage 1d6 ⇒ 3
Perception:Search 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


He has his own large MW battleaxe, and he has Klor's axe.
He also has 3 potions

When you make your spellcraft check to identify the potion just label the checks as spellcraft 1, 2, and 3.


Male Elan Psion*(Telepath) 5th,
Status:
HP 27/27, AC16/16*/20**, Touch 12/16*/20**, FF 14/14*18**, F: +2*, R: +3*, W: +5*, Init +4, Perc +1/+5*, PP40/36* Darkvision 60'**

Saxton sits down hard where, He is all the Fight gone from him
He is not a brave man and this was his 1st battle
looking at the blood and hurt all around, he truns to Haundo the brave leader of men.

“is it always like this, all this blood and pain?"

Then he holds his head in his hands and strtas to cry silenlty.


"Good gods. And we still have to take their ship? I hope they don't have any more cyclops onboard."


Male Half-Elf Oracle (Juju) 5

Uchendu breathes a sigh of relief.

"Dere was only one of dose tings, right...?"


male Dwarf Fighter (Weapon Master) 3 map link

Klor goes over to retrieve his axe and just for spite severs the head of the cyclops

he ain't dodge'n that

He then spits on it for good measure.

no good piece of ... his comment trails off into a litany of dwarven curses.


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 13, Touch 13, FF 11, F: +1, R: +3, W: +4, Init +6, Perc +8, Darkvision 60'

Spellcraft #1 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23
Spellcraft #2 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28
Spellcraft #3 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26

Infernal:
"This looks like a good axe, much too heavy for me though.'

De'ohge quickly searches the body, jumping back slightly when Klor shows the body some TLC.

Common "Watch your swinging thing!"

Placing the potions into his haversack for the time being, De'ohge walks to the boarding ramp of the boat and carefully studies the boat while waiting for the others to join him.


Bard 4/Gun 1, HP 39, AC: 17 Tch 12 FF 15 F: +5, R: +8, W: +4, Init: +2, Per: +8

Andreas reads his rifle for the next wave of attacks they will be making "Do we know what we might be facing on board."


Male Elan Psion*(Telepath) 5th,
Status:
HP 27/27, AC16/16*/20**, Touch 12/16*/20**, FF 14/14*18**, F: +2*, R: +3*, W: +5*, Init +4, Perc +1/+5*, PP40/36* Darkvision 60'**

"I'.. I'll go and see"
Saxton gets up on tired legs, he still has his power ruining to walk on water, he asks for a potion of hide from undead, if given he heads over to the sea and walks across, he looks up at the hulk and if he can he will find a safe way to clime up its side. Once up he will use mindlink to ask that they throw him a rope, so he can pull the ship in to the dock where they can tie it off an jump over to it.

This is only if it is safe GM


The climb will be difficult without a grappling hook and rope Saxton. The party could try to use a makeshift plank if nobody has a rope or grappling hook.


Male Elan Psion*(Telepath) 5th,
Status:
HP 27/27, AC16/16*/20**, Touch 12/16*/20**, FF 14/14*18**, F: +2*, R: +3*, W: +5*, Init +4, Perc +1/+5*, PP40/36* Darkvision 60'**

I can use Defy Gravity 3pp but its the last of my PP


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 13, Touch 13, FF 11, F: +1, R: +3, W: +4, Init +6, Perc +8, Darkvision 60'

any smaller boats about? And how far from shore is the boat we want?


The boat you want is the boat the cyclops came off of. The potions are a potion fly, magic vestment(+3), and a potion of cure moderate wounds(2d8+5)

Saxton if you chose to use defy gravity then you make it to the boat. Let me know what your actions.


male Dwarf Fighter (Weapon Master) 3 map link

if dat dar be da boat he be needin How we suppossin to git there? Last I checked I ain't no fish an I ain't much fer swimmin'. A course ifn we had a plank or dock or sumtin dat would be be different.

Klor ponders this situation for a moment

Wonder what happened to da pier anyway Klor remarks

Klor does know what happened He just is a but miffed he can't walk to the ship.


Male Elan Psion*(Telepath) 5th,
Status:
HP 27/27, AC16/16*/20**, Touch 12/16*/20**, FF 14/14*18**, F: +2*, R: +3*, W: +5*, Init +4, Perc +1/+5*, PP40/36* Darkvision 60'**

"Get a plank I will help you get it across form the sea."

Ill keep the PP I need to heal more


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 13, Touch 13, FF 11, F: +1, R: +3, W: +4, Init +6, Perc +8, Darkvision 60'

"Where are the planks we dropped in teh water? They can't have gone far... Anyone have a grapple and some rope?"


Male Half-Elf Oracle (Juju) 5

Uchendu gingerly works his way down from atop the building, and then shuffles over to the edge of the pier, waiting patiently for a connection to the ship to present itself...


If any of you have craft skills are want to try an untrained check you can take material from a nearby building to get a new plank. I think Saxton destroyed the old one. IIRC he used a damaging type power. I can check to be sure if you need me to.


male Dwarf Fighter (Weapon Master) 3 map link

Klor will scrounge around for something to make a gangplank to get to the ship He may not be able to effectively craft one but he come up with a design for one with the given materials at hand.

Knowledge engineering: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Ere we can be usin' this stuff ta make a new walkway as he tosses a pile of materials in a pile looking to figure out a way to make a gangplank.


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 13, Touch 13, FF 11, F: +1, R: +3, W: +4, Init +6, Perc +8, Darkvision 60'

De'ohge quickly scrounges around the dock master's office. "Dock should have plenty of pulley's, ropes of various lengths, and bits and odds of metal laying about."

Perception to find anything useful 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Craft:Carpentry? craft can be attempted untrained, so it doesn't matter which category, they are all going to be +5 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

With a combination of skill and luck, De'ohge quickly assembles a simple rope and pulley system. Utilizing mage hand De'ohge lifts the pulley assembly and floats it to the boat. Knowing his magic is limited in finer detail, his design is simple, the pulley has it's anchor wrapped around something on the boat and the weight of the pulley keeps it secured. threaded through the pulley is a small, light rope attached to a heavier rope.

Once the pulley is attached, De'ohge gently pulls on the small rope, threading the larger rope through the pulley. Once it is pulled through, he turns to shiny, "pull the boat in, gently!"


Male Elan Psion*(Telepath) 5th,
Status:
HP 27/27, AC16/16*/20**, Touch 12/16*/20**, FF 14/14*18**, F: +2*, R: +3*, W: +5*, Init +4, Perc +1/+5*, PP40/36* Darkvision 60'**

Saxton will assist


Klor and De'oghe, with Saxton's help, manage to quickly put together a makeshift plank.


male Dwarf Fighter (Weapon Master) 3 map link

Right! she be lookin sturdy nuff. I hope

Knowledge engineering to see if the plank is sturdy for the party's weight: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


Klor investigates the plan, and figures it can hold up to about 700 pounds safely. More than that is taking a risk.


Male Elan Psion*(Telepath) 5th,
Status:
HP 27/27, AC16/16*/20**, Touch 12/16*/20**, FF 14/14*18**, F: +2*, R: +3*, W: +5*, Init +4, Perc +1/+5*, PP40/36* Darkvision 60'**

I will get back on to the shore side and help the others across


Bard 4/Gun 1, HP 39, AC: 17 Tch 12 FF 15 F: +5, R: +8, W: +4, Init: +2, Per: +8

"Ok so we can send over people 2 at a time. Hoping not to break it."


"Well, lets get on with it then. The zombies won't be getting any deader. Who's first?"


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 13, Touch 13, FF 11, F: +1, R: +3, W: +4, Init +6, Perc +8, Darkvision 60'

De'ohge doesn't wait for anyone else and crosses the plank, one hand on the rope securing the ship to the dock.

Once on the ship, he will check that the ropes are secured and then take up position near the plank where he can keep an eye on the hatches and he keeps his crossbow ready. Once settled, he raises a hand and waves the next across.

Stealth 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23
Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Lt Crossbow, readied 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
damage 1d8 ⇒ 3


male Dwarf Fighter (Weapon Master) 3 map link

Klor will follow second across the plank close behind De'hoge Axe at the ready for more dead or rather undead critters.

Stealth: yeah right ain't happenin. but if it matters 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (20) - 5 = 15
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

EDIT: oh great NOW I get a 20!!!!

901 to 950 of 1,511 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Flesh and Bone-A Zombiepocalypse Story All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.