Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Flesh and Bone-A zombiepocalypse story

Game Master concerro

The party enters a world much different than the one many of them left 3 years ago. Many cities have been abandoned. Those cities that are still occupied are under martial law to a large extent.
People are very afraid of the world, and for good


851 to 900 of 1,511 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>

I got distracted actually. I am about to make sure everyone has posted, and then get things moving again.


Update for convenience.
Uchendu 23 -no action for round 6
Huando 23 -had army retreat for round 6
Tobin 21 -burning hands for round 6
Cyclops 12 -is about to act
Allip 12 -is about to act
Andreas 10 no action taken for round 6.
De'ohge 9 -will cast disrupt undead on the allip

Klor 9-no action
Saxton 3-no action


The cyclops points and laughs at Klor.
"All of you are going to die, but I will make it entertaining, to myself at least."

disarm attempt:1d20 + 17 ⇒ (19) + 17 = 36

He snatches Klor's axe right out of his hand, and points it at Saxton.

The allip is not in so much of a playful mood and goes for Uchendu again.

touch attack:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
wisdom damage:1d4 ⇒ 2

Uchendu make another will save.


Male Elan Psion*(Telepath) 5th,
Status:
HP 27/27, AC16/16*/20**, Touch 12/16*/20**, FF 14/14*18**, F: +2*, R: +3*, W: +5*, Init +4, Perc +1/+5*, PP40/36* Darkvision 60'**

Round 6
initiative 3
HP 22/13
PP 31/11
AC 20

Note As an immediate action I spent 4pp to get 8HP back GM, Race power, on 3 I five foot step back, if it dos not make AoO, then use power Energy Ray 4pp Fire +1 per PP again

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17 Range touch attack on one eye

4d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 6, 3, 4) + 4 = 19 Fire damage

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23 Concentration check DC20 for damage 10+1PL+9 damage.


male Dwarf Fighter (Weapon Master) 3 map link

I can assume that the cyclops has improved disarm feat

Round 6 Klor:

Now you made me angry...

Klor will shield bash the cylops

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

of course attempting to avoid the previous blow has upset Klor's sense of balance as he moves further away from the water

after the horrible miss 5' step further from the water edge

should I post for a new fighter in the recruitment thread?


Gun 3/Clr 2 - HP 36/36: AC 26: Touch: 12 Flat: 24 - F+7, R+6, W+5 Init +5; Darkvision (60 feet); Per +8

roger boss :)


Male Half-Elf Oracle (Juju) 5

Round 6:

Uchendu attempts to wrest control of the Allip...

Give me another Will save :-)

Will (if still relevant): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11.


Klor Kragsson wrote:

I can assume that the cyclops has improved disarm feat

Round 6 Klor:

Now you made me angry...

Klor will shield bash the cylops

Attack: 1d20+7

of course attempting to avoid the previous blow has upset Klor's sense of balance as he moves further away from the water

after the horrible miss 5' step further from the water edge

should I post for a new fighter in the recruitment thread?

No, but you are still blind until your turn unless you made that last will save. If you are not blind you get an AoO.


Watcher Uatu wrote:

The cyclops points and laughs at Klor.

"All of you are going to die, but I will make it entertaining, to myself at least."

disarm attempt:1d20+17

He snatches Klor's axe right out of his hand, and points it at Saxton.

The allip is not in so much of a playful mood and goes for Uchendu again.

touch attack:1d20+4
wisdom damage:1d4

Uchendu make another will save.

Saxton you hit him with your ray, and he is no longer in a jovial mood.


Uchendu Kybwa'ka wrote:

Round 6:

Uchendu attempts to wrest control of the Allip...

Give me another Will save :-)

Will (if still relevant): 1d20+4.

I just noticed this creature has channel resistance, but sadly your ability is not a channel so I don't think it applies.

will save:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

edit:The allip resist your control again. I think this is where all my good rolls are going. I am in another game, and doing terrible in combat.


male Dwarf Fighter (Weapon Master) 3 map link

I believe I did make the will save it was DC12 from the first post I was affected. and I checked and made the save (barely). Also from the previous attack I was power attacking so I do believe that I have to use power attack for the AOO also

The Attack of Oppurtunity: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
if hits damage: 1d10 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11


You just barely miss with the power AoO. He steps out of the way at the last second, surprised that you can see.


Gun 3/Clr 2 - HP 36/36: AC 26: Touch: 12 Flat: 24 - F+7, R+6, W+5 Init +5; Darkvision (60 feet); Per +8

Are we back at the top of the round?


We are. I need to remember to post that so the action does not stall.


The next round has began. 7

Init for convenience

Uchendu 23 -
Huando 23 -
Tobin 21 -
Cyclops 12 -
Allip 12 -
Andreas 10
De'ohge 9 -
Klor 9-
Saxton 3-


Male Half-Elf Oracle (Juju) 5

Uchendu *again* tries to take control of the Allip!


Will save for the allip:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

edit:He finally failed the save.


Male Elan Psion*(Telepath) 5th,
Status:
HP 27/27, AC16/16*/20**, Touch 12/16*/20**, FF 14/14*18**, F: +2*, R: +3*, W: +5*, Init +4, Perc +1/+5*, PP40/36* Darkvision 60'**

yippeee


Gun 3/Clr 2 - HP 36/36: AC 26: Touch: 12 Flat: 24 - F+7, R+6, W+5 Init +5; Darkvision (60 feet); Per +8

Militia's Attack! +False Retreat + Reckless Strategy 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18

If a Hit Add +6 Damage which would come out to 23 to the roll over all (Minus whatever the enemies DV is is what damage they will receive from whats left out of the 23

[ooc]DV: 17 (False Retreat - Reckless Strategy)

The Fallen were braindead and had no idea what Haundo had in store for them until he turned back and roared a battlecry in the face of the rotting dead baring down on him. This was the true test of the militia, would they hold in the face of such terrible odds or...

Would they keep running and leave Haundo to his foolish fate...

As he slashed his axe into the first Fallen and watched as the rest reached for him hungrily he closed his eyes, the end had come and it would be brutal. Then came the clang of flesh against shield, metal against bone and the slashingof steel into necrotic flesh. He opened his eyes and heard the roar of the militiamen as they had turned and charged into the recklessly following fallen. Tearing into their rotting ranks with the fury of men and women with no other way out. It was victory or death and today the Living would win.

The Fallen were faring badly and the Militiamen were in rare form, easily defending themselves and catching the fallen crossways with blade and spear as they not only covered themselves but their other shield mates. Haundo stood with them, with both Tower Shield and Magic Axe as he slashed his way deep into the ranks of the rotting Fallen. Haundo roared over the hungry and angry groans of the fallen as the bloodlust from his devil blood began to get the best of him. "VICTORY OR DEATH!"

Army Stats:

HP:12
Defense Value (DV)=11 10 +4 = 15 - 4 + 6 = 17
Offense Modifier(OM)=1 ¼ + 10 = +11 1/4th (+6 damage)
Tactic:False Retreat and Hold the Line
Special: Potions - Cure 2 hp and lose actions for a round
Current Strategy: Reckless +4 OM -4 DV +6 Dam
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
If your army's hit points get reduced to 1 you have to make a DC 15 morale check.
Morale Check = d20 + leader’s Cha mod + morale score
Attacker’s Offense check equal to or less than defender’s DV: Attacker fails to damage the defending army.

Attacker’s Offense check greater than defender’s DV: The attacking army inf licts damage on the defending
army equal to the result of the attacking army’s Offense check minus the defending army’s DV.


zombie army attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Huando leads his men against the zombie hoard. By outsmarting them, they are able to take a large number of them out. If they were alive they would most likely be dispersing, but it seems that the cyclop's magic is strong. They stay and continue to fight.


Gun 3/Clr 2 - HP 36/36: AC 26: Touch: 12 Flat: 24 - F+7, R+6, W+5 Init +5; Darkvision (60 feet); Per +8

Whoops I messed up up there with +6 damage it would have been 24 not 23... one off but still lol I only get this ability once per battle!

This DERP DERP moment was brought to you by Haundo! Your friendly neighborhood doberman pincher :p


Male Elan Psion*(Telepath) 5th,
Status:
HP 27/27, AC16/16*/20**, Touch 12/16*/20**, FF 14/14*18**, F: +2*, R: +3*, W: +5*, Init +4, Perc +1/+5*, PP40/36* Darkvision 60'**

Well done old bean


Gun 3/Clr 2 - HP 36/36: AC 26: Touch: 12 Flat: 24 - F+7, R+6, W+5 Init +5; Darkvision (60 feet); Per +8

Couldn't have done it without you sluggers, your actually fighting the real battle. i'm just keeping this mass of lemmings off your backs. ;) Lets Kill that Cyclops!


Round 7 Initiative 21

With the undead creature firmly in Uchendu's control, Tobin rushes to the north side of the building to see if he can help the rest of the fight.

Spotting the cyclops, Tobin causes a magical grease to form along its haft.

Grease! Reflex DC 16 If the initial saving throw fails, the creature immediately drops the item. A saving throw must be made in each round that the creature attempts to pick up or use the greased item.


Tobin are you trying to make the cyclops drop its axe or Klor's axe?


Hell, it's got two axes? What a jerk. Can I retcon that to be under his feet then? I've marked the area with an orange-brown color.

Any creature in the area when the spell is cast must make a successful Reflex save or fall. A creature can walk within or through the area of grease at half normal speed with a DC 10 Acrobatics check. Failure means it can't move that round (and must then make a Reflex save or fall), while failure by 5 or more means it falls (see the Acrobatics skill for details). Creatures that do not move on their turn do not need to make this check and are not considered flat-footed.


You can retcon it.

Reflex:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

The cyclops suddenly finds a slippery substance beneath his feet, and falls on his face. He then vows to kill all of you.


Ha! I love Grease. Rules for Prone condition are below for convenience.

Prone:
The character is lying on the ground. A prone attacker has a –4 penalty on melee attack rolls and cannot use a ranged weapon (except for a crossbow). A prone defender gains a +4 bonus to Armor Class against ranged attacks, but takes a –4 penalty to AC against melee attacks.

Standing up is a move-equivalent action that provokes an attack of opportunity.


male Dwarf Fighter (Weapon Master) 3 map link

With the sudden collaps of the Cyclops Klor realizes that it didn't fall due to hos miss guided bash there must be magic at work.

Klor glances around to see who his benfactor is.

couple of things: 1 the Cyclops does go before Klor so before I post Klors actions I need to see what the Cyclops is going to do now that he is greased. And 2. did the Cyclops drop Klor's Axe?


The cyclops did not drop the axe. Once Tobin realized the cyclops has his own axe and your he changed his action to try to make the cyclops fall.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The cyclops stands, and flies toward Tobin. Klor you get an AoO.


male Dwarf Fighter (Weapon Master) 3 map link

man I wish I had Halting blow ability.

Klor slams his shield aganst the cyclops as it attempts to fly away.

Ya think ya cin git away dat easy? heh

[ooc] Attack shield bash: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Ahh yea guess ya did...


Klor if you take stand still I will change it so that it affects any square you can reach instead of only affect adjacent squares. Anyone that survives this fight will be level 5.


male Dwarf Fighter (Weapon Master) 3 map link

will look into it I am working toward the Stalwart defender Prestige class need to see what is needed for that as well

from what I can tell Tobin is on the roof top so the cyclops is out of Klor's reach from the ground

I may not be able ta hit ya much but I be like a gnat and aint gonna leave ya alone.

Klor moves all of his speed and distance till he reaches the rooftop with Tobin (this may take more than one round)


Male Elan Psion*(Telepath) 5th,
Status:
HP 27/27, AC16/16*/20**, Touch 12/16*/20**, FF 14/14*18**, F: +2*, R: +3*, W: +5*, Init +4, Perc +1/+5*, PP40/36* Darkvision 60'**

How fast is he flying GM?


60 feet per round.


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 13, Touch 13, FF 11, F: +1, R: +3, W: +4, Init +6, Perc +8, Darkvision 60'

not to rain on the gm's parade, but unless there was some physical manifestation to the attacks from the roof top, the cyclops would have to interact with the illusion of the walls to determine there was anyone on the rooftop. I did cast an illusion of a second story...


De'ohge wrote:
not to rain on the gm's parade, but unless there was some physical manifestation to the attacks from the roof top, the cyclops would have to interact with the illusion of the walls to determine there was anyone on the rooftop. I did cast an illusion of a second story...

I can't find any post stating an illusion was cast. Could you provide a link to the post in question?


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 13, Touch 13, FF 11, F: +1, R: +3, W: +4, Init +6, Perc +8, Darkvision 60'

june 1 2:14 pm "roof of dock masters should be perfect for sniping the undead. They have to climb a 10' wall to get to us, we have clear view of the ships and dock area. if we are retconning that tobin and/or andreas is on the roof with me, then instead of a silent image of a pier under saxton i will instead do a silent image of a second floor of the building. Both should be able to disbelief the image with assistance from De'ohge. Which means that the three of us will be effectively invisible and able to attack unseen from the undead. Let the undead figure that one out."


male Dwarf Fighter (Weapon Master) 3 map link

@watcher: I checked and I need two more non-combat feats for my prestige class and Stand Still is a combat feat so I can take that feat at level 6 as a fighter bonus feat. also I suddenly realized I have a crossbow with acid bolts. was wondering if I have time to change my action?


You can change your action Klor.

De'oghe that zombie cyclops has been here long enough to know that building does not have a second story. He can also hear Tobin cast the spell. At worst he might think someone is casting through the walls somehow. The good news is that he can't interact with the illusion until his next turn.

PS:I guess those allips should have had to make a will save though, but they have been taken care of now.


male Dwarf Fighter (Weapon Master) 3 map link

change of action for Klor

The cyclops flies off to take on some of his other companions.

I may not be able ta hit ya much but I be like a gnat and aint gonna leave ya alone. as he pulls out his crossbow and loads an acid bolt.

crossbow shot at the cyclops: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
damage if a hit: 1d8 + 1d4 ⇒ (2) + (1) = 3


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 13, Touch 13, FF 11, F: +1, R: +3, W: +4, Init +6, Perc +8, Darkvision 60'

Figured, he still might roll a one on his will save though.

Disrupt undead at the cyclops on my turn.

Disrupt undead , range 35', Damage 1d6 ⇒ 4, no save, SR 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18


The cyclops does not have SR.
You do need an attack roll though.


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 13, Touch 13, FF 11, F: +1, R: +3, W: +4, Init +6, Perc +8, Darkvision 60'

oops, in the future, if I make a mistake like that, use the erroneous roll or make it for me, that way we don't lose momentum.

Since the roll wasn't needed for SR, my range bonus is +5 instead of +4, so that would be 19, ranged touch.


Bard 4/Gun 1, HP 39, AC: 17 Tch 12 FF 15 F: +5, R: +8, W: +4, Init: +2, Per: +8

Sorry for the Delay also is the map correct, I don't see Klor on there. Andreas would like to take a 5 foot step away from the cyclops then shoot it. if the map is correct.


Klor is "KK". He is still on the map.

De'oghe your attack hits. The cyclops seems to ignore it even though it did visible damage.

IIRC Saxton is the only person who has not gone yet in this round.


Male Elan Psion*(Telepath) 5th,
Status:
HP 27/27, AC16/16*/20**, Touch 12/16*/20**, FF 14/14*18**, F: +2*, R: +3*, W: +5*, Init +4, Perc +1/+5*, PP40/36* Darkvision 60'**

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11 range touch attack energy ray fire 2pp
2d6 + 2 ⇒ (5, 5) + 2 = 12


Male Half-Elf Oracle (Juju) 5

Uchendu sends off his newly-minted Allip 'ally' to harry the Cyclops.


Bard 4/Gun 1, HP 39, AC: 17 Tch 12 FF 15 F: +5, R: +8, W: +4, Init: +2, Per: +8

Andreas shifts back to 16N Aims his musket at the Cyclops and fires

Musket Attack 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Musket Damage 1d12 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


Saxton is able to hit the cyclops forcing knocking him out of the sky.

fly check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

----------------------------------------------------

Round 8 begins

Uchendu 23 - acted
Huando 23 -
Tobin 21 -
Cyclops 12 -
Allip 12 -
Andreas 10
De'ohge 9 -
Klor 9-
Saxton 3-

851 to 900 of 1,511 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Flesh and Bone-A Zombiepocalypse Story All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.