Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Flesh and Bone-A zombiepocalypse story

Game Master concerro

The party enters a world much different than the one many of them left 3 years ago. Many cities have been abandoned. Those cities that are still occupied are under martial law to a large extent.
People are very afraid of the world, and for good


801 to 850 of 1,511 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>

Male Elan Psion*(Telepath) 5th,
Status:
HP 27/27, AC16/16*/20**, Touch 12/16*/20**, FF 14/14*18**, F: +2*, R: +3*, W: +5*, Init +4, Perc +1/+5*, PP40/36* Darkvision 60'**

Sorry just spotted it was my turn, moved to get a better view of whats going on, (moved on map) will have fast look to keep cover. Holding until this round 3, then will act, so back to the top.


Male Half-Elf Oracle (Juju) 5

Still on delay... This is not a fight that I can really influence, at present.


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 13, Touch 13, FF 11, F: +1, R: +3, W: +4, Init +6, Perc +8, Darkvision 60'

I have psted several actions so I won't hold up the game, since I am still out of town with limited internet, feel free to bot me until Thursday.


I see your actions De'oghe.

It is Tobin's turn then the bad guys. If he has not posted by the time I get home from work tonight I will assume he is holding his turn and let the bad guys take their turn.


port map link

A link to the map is also in the campaign tab now.

Saxton you are on the map twice. Which square are you in?

The allips charges

A2 goes after Tobin
attack:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
wisdom damage:1d4 ⇒ 1
Make a DC 15 will save or take the wisdom damage. Otherwise you are unharmed.

A1(allip goes after Uchendu)
attack:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
wisdom damage:1d4 ⇒ 1
Make a DC 15 will save or take the wisdom damage. Otherwise you are unharmed.

The cyclops cast a spell

spellcraft DC 17:
glitterdust
on Klor.

He then 5 foot flies to Klor so as to not provoke an AoO .

Klor make a DC 12 will save.


male Dwarf Fighter (Weapon Master) 3 map link

Will save for Klor: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

EDIT: that figures: not sure what the effect is

will post klor's action once I find out the effect (unless it is ok to peek) (i don't have spellcraft so Klor would not be able to identify the spell but he sure as hell now knows its effect)

EDIT 2 was checking Klor's character sheet and noticed he has Spell Resistance 9 (not that it matters much but there is a small chance he could fail)


Male Half-Elf Oracle (Juju) 5

According to the map, Allip 1 is 'basing' Andreas, not Uchendu...?

Uchendu steels his resolve, as he feels the Allip attempt to leech away his very will to live.

Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24.

He then attempts to return the favor!

DC 17 Will save, or the Allip falls under Uchendu's control.


Klor you are blinded.

The allips are threatening Tobin and Andreas. I typed the wrong name.

Will save of the the allip:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

edit:Roll to bypass SR--> 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22


Uchendu Kybwa'ka wrote:

According to the map, Allip 1 is 'basing' Andreas, not Uchendu...?

Uchendu steels his resolve, as he feels the Allip attempt to leech away his very will to live.

Will: 1d20+4.

He then attempts to return the favor!

DC 17 Will save, or the Allip falls under Uchendu's control.

You can keep that nat 20 for your next roll. :)


Bard 4/Gun 1, HP 39, AC: 17 Tch 12 FF 15 F: +5, R: +8, W: +4, Init: +2, Per: +8

Andreas feels something poking around in his mind and try's to fight it back.

Will Save. 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Male Elan Psion*(Telepath) 5th,
Status:
HP 27/27, AC16/16*/20**, Touch 12/16*/20**, FF 14/14*18**, F: +2*, R: +3*, W: +5*, Init +4, Perc +1/+5*, PP40/36* Darkvision 60'**

Saxton lines up as shot at the cyclops if they can stop him they may have a chance.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
1d6 ⇒ 1

Power 1pp - Energy Ray - Electricity Manifesting a ray of this energy type provides a +3 bonus on your attack roll if the target is wearing metal armor and a +2 bonus on manifester level checks for the purpose of overcoming power resistance. I want to see if he has metal armor


He doesn't have metal armor, and which square are you in?


Male Elan Psion*(Telepath) 5th,
Status:
HP 27/27, AC16/16*/20**, Touch 12/16*/20**, FF 14/14*18**, F: +2*, R: +3*, W: +5*, Init +4, Perc +1/+5*, PP40/36* Darkvision 60'**

Sorry GM new Edit - Saxton will use the power "Force Screen" 1pp +4ac 3 Mins. His AC is now 24 for 3 mins. Next round he will shoot some thing.


What do you mean could you have a pop in O-15?

edit:If you are trying to shoot the allip you have line of sight because he is in the air.


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 13, Touch 13, FF 11, F: +1, R: +3, W: +4, Init +6, Perc +8, Darkvision 60'

I'm back, and will keep my previously posted actions.


Gun 3/Clr 2 - HP 36/36: AC 26: Touch: 12 Flat: 24 - F+7, R+6, W+5 Init +5; Darkvision (60 feet); Per +8

Sorry for the wait my laptop just arrived!

Haundo Ini 23, Round 4

Haundo raises his battleaxe and orders one final volley into the oncoming fallen ranks. With their current diffensive strategy though the volley falls short, glancing off the dead or merely slamming into dead flesh and doing no real damage. Seeing none of the Fallen fall to the volley Haundo readies his tower shield and barks orders for the swordsman to ready for the coming, mindless, charge.

The resistance fighters continue to staunchly hold the line, despite the smell of fear and urine Haundo detects from them. They have every right to be scared, we face our deaths...

"Saxton it's up to you all now... Good luck."

OM 1d20 - 7 ⇒ (7) - 7 = 0

Resistance Army:

HP:12
Defense Value (DV)=11 10 +4 = 15 +4 = 19
Offense Modifier(OM)=1 ¼ - -4 = -3 1/2 = -7 1/2 (-6 damage)
Tactic:False Retreat and Hold the Line
Special: Potions - Cure 2 hp and lose actions for a round
Current Strategy: Defensive -4 OM +4 DV -6 Dam
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
If your army's hit points get reduced to 1 you have to make a DC 15 morale check.
Morale Check = d20 + leader’s Cha mod + morale score

Attacker’s Offense check equal to or less than defender’s DV: Attacker fails to damage the defending army.

Attacker’s Offense check greater than defender’s DV: The attacking army inf licts damage on the defending
army equal to the result of the attacking army’s Offense check minus the defending army’s DV.


male Dwarf Fighter (Weapon Master) 3 map link

Klors world suddenly goes dark. Knowing some magical effect has cotrol of his sight Klor attempst to clear his mind and focus on his other senses. He is sure the beast is near but has no idea where he may strike.

Klor gip on his axe tightens and listens for signe of where the next attack may come from ready to counter.

Klor does not move and takes a total defensive posture +4 dodge bonus to AC (-2 for the blinded penalty) net gain of +2 to AC bringing it up to 24

he hopes to be able to shake off the magical effect on his eyes.


Will Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Tobin steps backwards and sprays flame from his hands at the two Allips.

Die!

Burning Hands Reflex DC16 for half: 4d4 ⇒ (4, 3, 2, 3) = 12

The Flaming Sphere among the zombies continues to burn, dealing damage to which one it rests on. If they've moved past it, I'll move it back over one. It's just a move action.

Flaming Sphere: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 1) = 12


I somehow forgot to save the zombie army's stats it seems. Once I make them again I will have them act, if they are still alive.


I am backtracking for Huando since I had lost the stats to the zombie army.
Round 3
Your ranged attack agaisnt the zombie hoard drops some of them, but they keep coming not even thinking to use any strategy. The only goal seem to be to overrun your position.

Round 4
Your army hides behind their shields, and fail to bring down any zombies.
The zombies fight with reckless abandon
Attack against your army 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
It also seems the zombies are unable to penetrate the shield wall you have in place

Tobin the mass rules don't interact with regular combat rules well. What I can do if you want to help the militia is allow every spell you cast to count as a +1 to his militia's attack rolls.

Andreas is up.


Male Elan Psion*(Telepath) 5th,
Status:
HP 27/27, AC16/16*/20**, Touch 12/16*/20**, FF 14/14*18**, F: +2*, R: +3*, W: +5*, Init +4, Perc +1/+5*, PP40/36* Darkvision 60'**

that's great news GM I know what to do next


Bard 4/Gun 1, HP 39, AC: 17 Tch 12 FF 15 F: +5, R: +8, W: +4, Init: +2, Per: +8

Andreas a little shaken opens his mouth and begins to scream at the Allip

Damage 2d6 ⇒ (6, 3) = 9

Ear-Piercing Scream:

School evocation [sonic]; Level bard 1, inquisitor 1, sorcerer/wizard 1, witch 1

Casting Time 1 standard action

Components V, S

Range close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)

Target one creature

Duration instantaneous; see text

Saving Throw Fortitude partial (see text); Spell Resistance yes

You unleash a powerful scream, inaudible to all but a single target. The target is dazed for 1 round and takes 1d6 points of sonic damage per two caster levels (maximum 5d6). A successful save negates the daze effect and halves the damage.


Andreas, undead are immune to anything requiring a fort save unless it also affects objects.

You may redo your turn.


Bard 4/Gun 1, HP 39, AC: 17 Tch 12 FF 15 F: +5, R: +8, W: +4, Init: +2, Per: +8

DOH

Rapier attack 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Damage rapier 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


You might want to switch to the musket. It is magical, and can hurt them.

damage:1d12 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

That is 14 points of damage from your musket unless you don't want to use it.


Watcher Uatu wrote:


Tobin the mass rules don't interact with regular combat rules well. What I can do if you want to help the militia is allow every spell you cast to count as a +1 to his militia's attack rolls.

That would be great. Maybe just have it be +1 for two more rounds as the Flaming Sphere rolls around in there.


Bard 4/Gun 1, HP 39, AC: 17 Tch 12 FF 15 F: +5, R: +8, W: +4, Init: +2, Per: +8

will switch to the musket, not thinking straight lost wisdom.


Round 5: If someone has missed their round 4 action then let me know.

Uchendu 23
Huando 23
Tobin 21
Cyclops 12
Allip 12
Andreas 10
De'ohge 9
Klor 9<-----You get another will save on your turn to get rid of the blindness.

Saxton 3


Watcher, did you roll Reflex saves for Burning Hands on the Allips?


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 13, Touch 13, FF 11, F: +1, R: +3, W: +4, Init +6, Perc +8, Darkvision 60'

Round 1 I cast Mage Armor, round 2 held action, round 3 fired a scorching ray at an allip, round 4 would be the second scorching ray at the same allip hit before (rolls already made were ranged touch for 24, dam 13. Since I held an action until the Allips appeared I should be on Inititative 12, before the Allips attack.

Round 5, Initiative 12+

De'ohge raises one hand and points a finger at the Allip he has been shooting, if still active, and a ray of pearlescent light shoots from his finger tip as he utters the words of activation. Disrupt undead , range 35', Damage 1d6 ⇒ 6, no save, SR 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Male Half-Elf Oracle (Juju) 5

Uchendu will again attempt to take control of one of the allips...

Give me a Will save :-)


male Dwarf Fighter (Weapon Master) 3 map link

the cyclops should have an action before Klor however here is Klor's Will save for the blindness

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12


De'ohge wrote:

Round 1 I cast Mage Armor, round 2 held action, round 3 fired a scorching ray at an allip, round 4 would be the second scorching ray at the same allip hit before (rolls already made were ranged touch for 24, dam 13. Since I held an action until the Allips appeared I should be on Inititative 12, before the Allips attack.

Round 5, Initiative 12+

De'ohge raises one hand and points a finger at the Allip he has been shooting, if still active, and a ray of pearlescent light shoots from his finger tip as he utters the words of activation. Disrupt undead , range 35', Damage 1d6, no save, SR 1d20+4

Did you roll for the scorching ray or was I supposed to do it for you. I did not roll if I was supposed to.


Tobin MacGregor wrote:
Watcher, did you roll Reflex saves for Burning Hands on the Allips?

No. I will do it now.

A2 reflex save:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 13, Touch 13, FF 11, F: +1, R: +3, W: +4, Init +6, Perc +8, Darkvision 60'

previous rolls:
I did roll, 6/21, copied here:
De'ohge will first cast mage armor on himself (Changing it to AC 17, FF 15, Touch 13 Touch vs incorporeal remains 17), then, if the Allips are still in range, he will hit the closest Allip with a scorching ray.

Scorching Ray, ranged touch 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Damage 4d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 2, 6) = 18

If that doesn't take it down, he'll hit it again, otherwise the other Allip gets his second casting of Scorching ray.

Scorching Ray, ranged touch 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Damage 4d6 ⇒ (2, 6, 3, 2) = 13

After that, he'll use disrupt undead, casting defensively if they get into melee range.


Male Elan Psion*(Telepath) 5th,
Status:
HP 27/27, AC16/16*/20**, Touch 12/16*/20**, FF 14/14*18**, F: +2*, R: +3*, W: +5*, Init +4, Perc +1/+5*, PP40/36* Darkvision 60'**

Ok well im working in China at the moment and the Great fire wall of China is now Blocking Google Docs, I can get to see the map v VPN but if they block my VPN which they do some times Ill just have to say where I am etc. :(

Saxton gets the last massage from hes comrade, Its up to me now he said, I am not a brave man but if I do nothing and hid here we will all die, I must act. Steeling himself he moves quickly to a place he can see the cyclops and fires a energy ray at it.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 Ranged touch attack
4d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 1, 3, 1) + 4 = 13 Fire Damage

Energy Ray:

Discipline Psychokinesis [see text]
Level Psion/Wilder 1

MANIFESTING
Display Auditory
Manifesting Time 1 standard action

EFFECT
Range Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Effect Ray
Duration Instantaneous
Saving Throw None; Power Resistance Yes
Power Points 1
MAX 4PP 4D6

DESCRIPTION
You create a ray of energy of your active energy type (cold, electricity, fire, or sonic) that shoots forth from your fingertip and strikes a target within range, dealing 1d6 points of damage, if you succeed on a ranged touch attack with the ray.

Cold A ray of this energy type deals +1 point of damage per die.

Electricity Manifesting a ray of this energy type provides a +3 bonus on your attack roll if the target is wearing metal armor and a +2 bonus on manifester level checks for the purpose of overcoming power resistance.

Fire A ray of this energy type deals +1 point of damage per die.

Sonic A ray of this energy type deals –1 point of damage per die and ignores an object’s hardness. This power’s subtype is the same as the type of energy you manifest.

Augment You can augment this power in one of the following ways. 1. For every additional power point you spend, this power’s damage increases by one die (d6). 2. If you expend your psionic focus when manifesting this power, the cost of the power is reduced by 1 (to a minimum of 0), but the damage is reduced to 1d3 and it cannot be further augmented.

Special A kineticist does not need to select an energy type for this power when he gains psionic focus. He may choose the type of damage at the time the power is manifested.


One allip falls.

Will save for the other allip:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Another 17. The allip looks at Uchendu, not happy at whatever was supposed to take place. The surviving allip now known as A1 flies over to visit Uchendu.

touch attack:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
wisdom damage:1d4 ⇒ 2
Uchendu make a DC 14 will save to negate the wisdom damage.

The cyclops moves past the dwarf to position itself between Klor and Saxton. This is before Klor attempts the will save
Cleave

Klor first.

attack:1d20 + 16 ⇒ (15) + 16 = 31

damage:2d6 + 9 ⇒ (1, 4) + 9 = 14

Saxton next

attack:1d20 + 16 ⇒ (13) + 16 = 29

damage:2d6 + 9 ⇒ (5, 3) + 9 = 17

The creature hits both of you.

"Foolish people. You will die today."

edit:Saxton I will assume you the monster with the attack of opportunity to keep things moving.

You attack did hit however.
----------------------
Ends round 5. Back up top.

Round 6:
Uchendu 23
Huando 23
Tobin 21
Cyclops 12
Allip 12
Andreas 10
De'ohge 9
Klor 9<-----You get another will save on your turn to get rid of the blindness.

Saxton 3


Male Elan Psion*(Telepath) 5th,
Status:
HP 27/27, AC16/16*/20**, Touch 12/16*/20**, FF 14/14*18**, F: +2*, R: +3*, W: +5*, Init +4, Perc +1/+5*, PP40/36* Darkvision 60'**

As an immediate action I'm spending 4pp to get 8HP back GM, Race power.


Male Half-Elf Oracle (Juju) 5

You said that I could keep the natural 20 as my next roll :-)

"Spirits preserve me!"

Uchendu staggers back as the allip attempts to suck his will away...


male Dwarf Fighter (Weapon Master) 3 map link

Ya think a little swat like dat is gnna take me down well ere's right back at ya one eyed lard briained wonder

Klor yells at the beast as he positions himself in what he hopes to be a better tactical situation armor and deep water don't make a nice combo he thinks.

5' adjust a little away from the dock edge and power attack.

attack roll: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
if hit - damage: 1d10 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17

updated the map


Gun 3/Clr 2 - HP 36/36: AC 26: Touch: 12 Flat: 24 - F+7, R+6, W+5 Init +5; Darkvision (60 feet); Per +8

Haundo hacked the arm off one of the fallen before it could drag down one of the Watchmen of Quinten. He barked orders as his fighters hacked uselessly at the slavering fallen and they too clawed and slammed against their shields. It was a stand off and the fallen would win out, if he didn't do something quickly the dead would overwhelm them and they would all die. He slammed his tower shield into a pair of annoying fallen that were trying to weigh him down as he raised his axe and whirled it above his head. "RETREAT!"

The watchmen, with a savage surge of strength, slam their shields hard enough into the undead horde to force them back a few steps before turning and starting to fall back. {Saxton, we're not retreating make sure the others know this... Let the controller think hes beaten the Watchmen...}

Perception - To see how the others are faring~ 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Resistance Army::

HP:12
Defense Value (DV)=11 10 +4 = 15 +4 = 19
Offense Modifier(OM)=1 ¼ - -4 = -3 1/2 = -7 1/2 (-6 damage)
Tactic:False Retreat and Hold the Line
Special: Potions - Cure 2 hp and lose actions for a round
Current Strategy: Defensive -4 OM +4 DV -6 Dam
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
If your army's hit points get reduced to 1 you have to make a DC 15 morale check.
Morale Check = d20 + leader’s Cha mod + morale score
Attacker’s Offense check equal to or less than defender’s DV: Attacker fails to damage the defending army.

Attacker’s Offense check greater than defender’s DV: The attacking army inf licts damage on the defending
army equal to the result of the attacking army’s Offense check minus the defending army’s DV.


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 13, Touch 13, FF 11, F: +1, R: +3, W: +4, Init +6, Perc +8, Darkvision 60'

De'ohge casts disrupt undead on the other Allip.

Disrupt undead , range 35', Damage 1d6 ⇒ 1, no save, SR 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

infernal:
"Blasted meat shields need to take down that big one, at least it's solid."


Male Elan Psion*(Telepath) 5th,
Status:
HP 27/27, AC16/16*/20**, Touch 12/16*/20**, FF 14/14*18**, F: +2*, R: +3*, W: +5*, Init +4, Perc +1/+5*, PP40/36* Darkvision 60'**

{I will do my best}

"Do not worry about the Watchmen , our task is to destroy this cyclops even if it cost us our live, its will be ended here today!!"


Attack against the militia: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
if hit - damage: 1d10 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

I will make the other bad guys go after Tobin post.


Watcher, I don't know where A1 moved to so I can't move myself but could you place it when you have a sec and me somewhere where I can blast it without frying Uchendu?

"I can't keep this up all day!"

Burning Hands, DC 16 Reflex for half: 4d4 ⇒ (3, 4, 1, 1) = 9


A1 is in square O-15. I never moved him.


Watcher Uatu wrote:
The allip looks at Uchendu, not happy at whatever was supposed to take place. The surviving allip now known as A1 flies over to visit Uchendu.

Was referring to this. It's not near him now...


Tobin MacGregor wrote:
Watcher Uatu wrote:
The allip looks at Uchendu, not happy at whatever was supposed to take place. The surviving allip now known as A1 flies over to visit Uchendu.
Was referring to this. It's not near him now...

Thanks. I must have forgotten to move him on the map.


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 13, Touch 13, FF 11, F: +1, R: +3, W: +4, Init +6, Perc +8, Darkvision 60'

no worries, still having fun!


Gun 3/Clr 2 - HP 36/36: AC 26: Touch: 12 Flat: 24 - F+7, R+6, W+5 Init +5; Darkvision (60 feet); Per +8

I'm guessing we are not at the top of the ini are we?

801 to 850 of 1,511 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Flesh and Bone-A Zombiepocalypse Story All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.