Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Flesh and Bone-A zombiepocalypse story

Game Master concerro

The party enters a world much different than the one many of them left 3 years ago. Many cities have been abandoned. Those cities that are still occupied are under martial law to a large extent.
People are very afraid of the world, and for good


701 to 750 of 1,511 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>

Male Elan Psion*(Telepath) 5th,
Status:
HP 27/27, AC16/16*/20**, Touch 12/16*/20**, FF 14/14*18**, F: +2*, R: +3*, W: +5*, Init +4, Perc +1/+5*, PP40/36* Darkvision 60'**

Saxton see's that the mindless ones need more to get them to come to him, this was always the risk, he is not a brave man but others need him to act now, if he could do this right he will act as live a bait.

Standing next to the smoke Square T22 Saxton will fire a H cross bow shot at the mindless undead. This will bust his Invis to them but its a surprise round, we will then walk back 30' once they come on to him he will back away from the water to V18 and then move again to W18.

"Smoke will not do it will have to be me, I will have to anger them to make them come, the broken ship is adrift thats the best I can do, Good luck and may what where god you have be with you"

Saxton starts to fire shots at the group of undead.


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 13, Touch 13, FF 11, F: +1, R: +3, W: +4, Init +6, Perc +8, Darkvision 60'

When Saxton starts water walking, De'ohge will prepare to cast Silent Image of a wooden pier from the dock slanted down to just above the water level, and under his feet.


Any zombies that were about to leave turn around once Saxton is visible. Other that were not moving so quickly speed up. The ones that were in boat that is floating away leave the boat only to find the water.

Suddenly a large group of zombies that should have been to far away to notice anything are seen converging in the downtown area are seen by De'oghe. It will take them about 3 rounds to get to the pier.

Haundo you can setup now.


Male Elan Psion*(Telepath) 5th,
Status:
HP 27/27, AC16/16*/20**, Touch 12/16*/20**, FF 14/14*18**, F: +2*, R: +3*, W: +5*, Init +4, Perc +1/+5*, PP40/36* Darkvision 60'**

Gm note Im going to keep moving 5' steps so that the undead do not pile themselves up underwater to get to me, i can lead them off onto deeper water later and have the ship pick me up.


Male Elan Psion*(Telepath) 5th,
Status:
HP 27/27, AC16/16*/20**, Touch 12/16*/20**, FF 14/14*18**, F: +2*, R: +3*, W: +5*, Init +4, Perc +1/+5*, PP40/36* Darkvision 60'**

"They can see me now and they are coming to me, the ones on the broken ship are falling in the water, the rest heading my way, you can move into place now."


I don't have a good idea where to set up. Where should I be?


Male Elan Psion*(Telepath) 5th,
Status:
HP 27/27, AC16/16*/20**, Touch 12/16*/20**, FF 14/14*18**, F: +2*, R: +3*, W: +5*, Init +4, Perc +1/+5*, PP40/36* Darkvision 60'**

the roof may be good for you or behind the main attack as support, as you have Grease as a very use full spell in closed combat with undead


Bard 4/Gun 1, HP 39, AC: 17 Tch 12 FF 15 F: +5, R: +8, W: +4, Init: +2, Per: +8

So I can be with Tobin on a roof doing distance damage with Gun and Bow


Good deal. I'll place myself now.


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 13, Touch 13, FF 11, F: +1, R: +3, W: +4, Init +6, Perc +8, Darkvision 60'

roof of dock masters should be perfect for sniping the undead. They have to climb a 10' wall to get to us, we have clear view of the ships and dock area.

if we are retconning that tobin and/or andreas is on the roof with me, then instead of a silent image of a pier under saxton i will instead do a silent image of a second floor of the building. Both should be able to disbelief the image with assistance from De'ohge. Which means that the three of us will be effectively invisible and able to attack unseen from the undead. Let the undead figure that one out.


male Dwarf Fighter (Weapon Master) 1

I believe the learned one we are trying to draw out is on the other boat? Klor would best postion himself to get onto that other boat as soon as he shows himself or any sign that he is on that boat comes up.

once I learn how to save the map once updated.


Gun 3/Clr 2 - HP 36/36: AC 26: Touch: 12 Flat: 24 - F+7, R+6, W+5 Init +5; Darkvision (60 feet); Per +8

At Klor it auto-saves :)

At WAtcher will setup when I can find the map link >.<; Derp!


Male Elan Psion*(Telepath) 5th,
Status:
HP 27/27, AC16/16*/20**, Touch 12/16*/20**, FF 14/14*18**, F: +2*, R: +3*, W: +5*, Init +4, Perc +1/+5*, PP40/36* Darkvision 60'**

Maplink


Gun 3/Clr 2 - HP 36/36: AC 26: Touch: 12 Flat: 24 - F+7, R+6, W+5 Init +5; Darkvision (60 feet); Per +8

Thanks Saxton, just found it again :)

I'm assuming the map size is 10ft per square so I have Haundo and the Militia setup.

Haundo's ears twitched as he was unaccustomed to hearing any other voice but his own in his mind. He settled his Glaive across his shoulders and rapt out orders in his gravelly voice. "Watchmen on the move, four ranks, five deep! They need us now lets show them what we can do!"

They came around the bend then, they were a uniformed bunch but the sight of them would have lifted the hearts of any who lived in fear of the dead. The early morning sun glinted off their steel as they jogged to their position near a partially ruined building, where they halted and turned to face the downtown area. Haundo rapted out simple orders as the Watchmen of Quintin reformed behind him. "Ten Ranks! Two Deep, second rank ready crossbow! First Rank ready Sword and Shield. We must hold the dock at all costs until ordered to fallback!"

His orders didn't fall on deaf ears as the crossbowmen leveled thier weapons over the shoulders of the Watchmen in front of them. The first rank drew swords and raised their shields, many looked scared now and others shook, it must have been the first time they had moved in such great numbers and hopefully today they would reclaim the dock for the living. "Steady everyone! They are but mindless dead, do not let waddling crones and limping corpses turn your hearts from your task. Not this day!"


Klor Kragsson wrote:

I believe the learned one we are trying to draw out is on the other boat? Klor would best postion himself to get onto that other boat as soon as he shows himself or any sign that he is on that boat comes up.

once I learn how to save the map once updated.

The map autosaves. If you type in square A1 as an example, and then click on another square you are good to go.

The map is in 5 ft squares.

The militia will take up a 20 square foot area,


The undead leader appears. He is on the plank. He looks at the other boat, and does not appear to be happy. He sees the milita, and says "You will all join my army."

The undead leader is at least as big as any Ogre you have seen, but he is not an Ogre. He has one eye in the middle of his forehead.

Shortly after he comes out 2 other things follow behind him. It looks like a dark shadow with claws.

Haundo you see undead emerging in the distance, but instance of charging you individually they are gathering together.

Make perception checks, and knowledge(religion) for those that have the skill.'

edit:2 knowledge(religion) checks.


Male Elan Psion*(Telepath) 5th,
Status:
HP 27/27, AC16/16*/20**, Touch 12/16*/20**, FF 14/14*18**, F: +2*, R: +3*, W: +5*, Init +4, Perc +1/+5*, PP40/36* Darkvision 60'**

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 perception roll
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 Religion roll

Ok you say hes on the plank looking at the milita, Ok I have one shot at this, Im going for a surprise round action as he seems to have over looked me GM. I want to Push it off the plank into the sea. With Energy Push, if it works it may just save us.

Energy Push:

Discipline Psychokinetic [see text]
Level Psion/Wilder 2

MANIFESTING
Display Auditory and visual
Manifesting Time 1 standard action

EFFECT
Range Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./ level)
Effect Ray
Duration Instantaneous
Saving Throw Reflex half or Fortitude half; see text; Power Resistance Yes
Power Points 3

DESCRIPTION
You project a solid blast of energy of your active energy type (cold, electricity, fire, or sonic) at a target, dealing it 2d6 points of damage. In addition, if a subject of up to one size category larger than you fails a Strength check (DC equal to the save DC of this power), the driving force of the energy blast pushes it back 5 feet plus another 5 feet for every 5 points of damage it takes. If a wall or other solid object prevents the subject from being pushed back, the subject instead slams into the object and takes an extra 2d6 points of damage from the impact (no save). The movement caused by energy push does not provoke attacks of opportunity.

Fire A blast of this energy type deals +1 point of damage per die (damage from impact remains at 2d6 points).

This power’s subtype is the same as the type of energy you manifest.

Augment For every 2 additional power points you spend, this power’s damage increases by one die (d6) and its save DC increases by 1. The damage increase applies to both the initial blast and any damage from impact with an object.

Special A kineticist does not need to select an energy type for this power when he gains psionic focus. He may choose the type of damage at the time the power is manifested.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 Range Touch attack (ray)

Ill Bump this by 4pp to 7pp making the DC+2 and the Damage +2d6 +2
GM, If I can get him in the water the undead my brake up and we can start on them


Gun 3/Clr 2 - HP 36/36: AC 26: Touch: 12 Flat: 24 - F+7, R+6, W+5 Init +5; Darkvision (60 feet); Per +8

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
K- Religion 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
K-Religion 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


Male Elan Psion*(Telepath) 5th,
Status:
HP 27/27, AC16/16*/20**, Touch 12/16*/20**, FF 14/14*18**, F: +2*, R: +3*, W: +5*, Init +4, Perc +1/+5*, PP40/36* Darkvision 60'**

1d20 + 46 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 46 + 4 = 68Religion roll, missed that roll


Male Elan Psion*(Telepath) 5th,
Status:
HP 27/27, AC16/16*/20**, Touch 12/16*/20**, FF 14/14*18**, F: +2*, R: +3*, W: +5*, Init +4, Perc +1/+5*, PP40/36* Darkvision 60'**

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 Religion roll, missed that 2ed roll


male Dwarf Fighter (Weapon Master) 1

perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

religi-what? I dont know such things


Bard 4/Gun 1, HP 39, AC: 17 Tch 12 FF 15 F: +5, R: +8, W: +4, Init: +2, Per: +8

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Knowledge: Religion: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

Knowledge: Religion: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14


Male Elan Psion*(Telepath) 5th,
Status:
HP 27/27, AC16/16*/20**, Touch 12/16*/20**, FF 14/14*18**, F: +2*, R: +3*, W: +5*, Init +4, Perc +1/+5*, PP40/36* Darkvision 60'**

Sorry meant to say im using blast on the Plank its an static object so the touch attack of 12 is on it, it takes

4d6 - 4 ⇒ (3, 4, 5, 3) - 4 = 11

of damage (Sonic A blast of this energy type deals –1 point of damage per die (damage from impact remains at 2d6 points) and ignores an object’s hardness.) and as its 4 sizes bigger than me it gets pushed back 10' into the ship, and takes the 2d6, also I hope any one on it into the sea,(him) if they get slammed into the ship they take

2d6 ⇒ (5, 4) = 9

Damage No save as well, before falling into the sea, well wile hes in the sea he can not cast. So thats 20 on the plank, if it explodes that 2d6 on any one on it as well. I hope


The big undead guy is a dread zombie. They have the ability to control zombies, and if they pin you or if you are helpless they tend to eat your brain while you are still alive.

The two flyers that came out with him are allips. They can reduce your wisdom every time they touch you.

Anyone that rolled a 15 or higher on their perception check:

Saxton you end up sending him into the water.

The undead stop gathering into a formation and charge toward the militia.

I will wait for anyone who has not rolled perception to do so.


male Dwarf Fighter (Weapon Master) 1

Blast.. Dat may have slowed him down but I best bes reckonin' he ain't down..

Klor moves to a possition to engage the flyers to protect the flank of the militia.

ya want apiece a me ya undead varmit

Klor attempts to taunt the Allips to engage him instead of the militia.

ready action to slash at the next undead that comes within his melee reach.


Male Elan Psion*(Telepath) 5th,
Status:
HP 27/27, AC16/16*/20**, Touch 12/16*/20**, FF 14/14*18**, F: +2*, R: +3*, W: +5*, Init +4, Perc +1/+5*, PP40/36* Darkvision 60'**

"I have dropped the Learned undead into the sea, with him are to flying undead heading your way, but the mass of undead are now under no control and will just charge. I am pulling back now, I can not see what more I can do. The ones on the roof will have the next chance to end the
when he or if he gets out the water. The Plank to the ship is now gone, you will have to tell me how it go's from here on my friend"

Saxton moves back away from the working ship into the Smoke he set gaining 100% cover.


Male Half-Elf Oracle (Juju) 5

Knowledge(Religion): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12.
Knowledge(Religion): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13.
Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19.


I thought I had put this up before I left.
For those who made DC 18 perception check or higher:

Spoiler:
He has a spell component pouch.

Everyone may roll initiative.

Haundo the undead zombies will be within range of your crossbows in 2 rounds.

Saxton your damage completely destroys the plank. Wood has 5 hp per 10 inches of thickness, and the plank was not even 10 inches thick. Even if hardness was not bypass the plank would have been destroyed well before it could flip back and hit anyone.

Cyclops init:1d20 - 2 ⇒ (6) - 2 = 4

Allip:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


male Dwarf Fighter (Weapon Master) 1

Klor Intitative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


Male Half-Elf Oracle (Juju) 5

Initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23.


Male Elan Psion*(Telepath) 5th,
Status:
HP 27/27, AC16/16*/20**, Touch 12/16*/20**, FF 14/14*18**, F: +2*, R: +3*, W: +5*, Init +4, Perc +1/+5*, PP40/36* Darkvision 60'**

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Bard 4/Gun 1, HP 39, AC: 17 Tch 12 FF 15 F: +5, R: +8, W: +4, Init: +2, Per: +8

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Init so far
Uchendu 23
Allip 12
Andreas 10
Klor 9
Cyclops 4
Saxton 3


Male Half-Elf Oracle (Juju) 5

Uchendu invokes the Spirits, and attempts to wrest control of one of the Allips...

DC 17 Will save :-)


Uchendu Kybwa'ka wrote:

Uchendu invokes the Spirits, and attempts to wrest control of one of the Allips...

DC 17 Will save :-)

edit:You are more than 30 feet away.


Male Half-Elf Oracle (Juju) 5

Sorry, I am slightly confused as to their position; I thought that from the Dock building, I was within 30' of the plank (according to the map)...? If that is not the case, and a 30' move will not put me within range, I am happy to just cast Bless, instead :-)


m half-elven Lich 15 DM/10 Grandmaster DM

Each square is 5 feet. From where you are to AB 13 is more than 30 feet.


I am waiting for everyone to roll init before any other actions are made. Tobias has not rolled init yet.


Gun 3/Clr 2 - HP 36/36: AC 26: Touch: 12 Flat: 24 - F+7, R+6, W+5 Init +5; Darkvision (60 feet); Per +8

Initiative 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 13, Touch 13, FF 11, F: +1, R: +3, W: +4, Init +6, Perc +8, Darkvision 60'

Infernal:
This is going to be worse than sucking eggs on the fourth level of hell with a sieve.

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Know: Religion 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
Know: Religion 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
Initiative 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

De'ohge will cast a web to entangle as many of the zombies as possible, leaving at least 5' in front of Huando.

I thought Psions could only pump up with total points spent equal to lvl, we are lvl 4, so a power that costs 3 to activate could only be pumped up by 1 point, unless I missed something? http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/psionic-powers


Male Elan Psion*(Telepath) 5th,
Status:
HP 27/27, AC16/16*/20**, Touch 12/16*/20**, FF 14/14*18**, F: +2*, R: +3*, W: +5*, Init +4, Perc +1/+5*, PP40/36* Darkvision 60'**

"De'ohge your right, 4 is the max I can spend, I got that wrong, I had it down as (power cost was not part of that, so 3 power the +4 max puff, wrong its 4 max every thing) so the good news is I get the PP back that I did not need to use thanks, bad news is got to remember level for all power per use cost is 4pp"


Init so far
Uchendu 23 acted
Huando 23
Allip 12
Andreas 10
Klor 9
Cyclops 4
Saxton 3
-------------------

Huando you may take your action.

I will run Tobin's character if he does not post within the next 24 hours.


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 13, Touch 13, FF 11, F: +1, R: +3, W: +4, Init +6, Perc +8, Darkvision 60'

Ishould be at 9 on the list.


Gun 3/Clr 2 - HP 36/36: AC 26: Touch: 12 Flat: 24 - F+7, R+6, W+5 Init +5; Darkvision (60 feet); Per +8

Haundo readied the men, the undead coming towards them only made his ears stand up as the hair onn the back of his neck rose up. With a doglike bark he set his glaive across his back, took up his shield and put a hand on his pistol. "Steady On! Keep Crossbow READY!"

The horde coming towards them caused the icy sliver of fear to stab into the Militia Men, the smell of urine and the glistening of fearful tears streaked many a face. Haundo would not chastice them though, they were holding and thats all that mattered, they had to hold the dock.

Is there any choke points between the downtown area and the docks? Like a bridge or walls that could be used to keep the horde back?

Actions: 2x move actions, sheath Glaive, pickup shield. Continue holding position.


Init so far
Uchendu 23 acted
Huando 23
Allip 12
Andreas 10
De'ohge 9
Klor 9
Cyclops 4
Saxton 3

@Haundo They pretty much have line of sight and effect to the docks.
I also forgot you were controlling the militia. :)

The allips rather than attack go into the water.

Andreas is up.

@De'ohge: due to the way the mass rules work your individual spells won't be able to affect the army(zombie mass).


Gun 3/Clr 2 - HP 36/36: AC 26: Touch: 12 Flat: 24 - F+7, R+6, W+5 Init +5; Darkvision (60 feet); Per +8

Roger that bossman! Haundo is holding his boys at the docks then until the Zombies come into crossbow range. :) I assumed that Haundo's actions would be intertwined with the Militia to make things easier, I will re-read the kingmaker mass combat rules and get ready but I'm all done for the firstt round :)~


Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

Sorry for the delay. Work craziness.


Gun 3/Clr 2 - HP 36/36: AC 26: Touch: 12 Flat: 24 - F+7, R+6, W+5 Init +5; Darkvision (60 feet); Per +8

I understand that Tobin, work has been insane for me as well >.<;


Bard 4/Gun 1, HP 39, AC: 17 Tch 12 FF 15 F: +5, R: +8, W: +4, Init: +2, Per: +8

No problem they cut our internet at work starting June First except via our phones which makes it very hard to post.

Andreas activates naturalist which will hit all the people on the roof with him then he will ready his bow. Andreas also begins to start telling his allies about Dread Zombie.

Knowledge (Religion) 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

Naturalist (Ex): An archivist who has identified a creature with a Knowledge check appropriate to its type can use performance to share strategies for defeating it with allies in combat. The archivist and any allies within 30 feet gain a +1 insight bonus to AC and on attack rolls and saving throws against exceptional, supernatural, and spell-like abilities used by creatures of that specific kind of monster (e.g., frost giants, not all giants or all humanoids). This bonus increases by +1 at 5th level and every six levels thereafter. This language-dependent ability requires visual and audible components. This ability replaces inspire courage.


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 13, Touch 13, FF 11, F: +1, R: +3, W: +4, Init +6, Perc +8, Darkvision 60'

Well if the web won't effect directly, can it still be used to create a barrier/channel? If not, I'll do something else.

701 to 750 of 1,511 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Flesh and Bone-A Zombiepocalypse Story All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.