Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Flesh and Bone-A zombiepocalypse story

Game Master concerro

The party enters a world much different than the one many of them left 3 years ago. Many cities have been abandoned. Those cities that are still occupied are under martial law to a large extent.
People are very afraid of the world, and for good


651 to 700 of 1,511 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

Saxton Quinn wrote:
Dos he know of a way or have an object we can use to move the ship once freed?

Got one in before I left. I will have to look at some real life knowledge regarding ships, and if I find a way roll to see if he would know it, assuming he has the knowledge for it. I think he has ranks in profession sailor. I will use those as a substitute.


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 13, Touch 13, FF 11, F: +1, R: +3, W: +4, Init +6, Perc +8, Darkvision 60'

sailor's would know that an ebbing high tide is a good time to set sail as the lowering tide assists ships by pulling them out of the harbor.


Gun 3/Clr 2 - HP 36/36: AC 26: Touch: 12 Flat: 24 - F+7, R+6, W+5 Init +5; Darkvision (60 feet); Per +8

I know that in RL but as a player i have found that it is best I keep my Fisherman Mouth shut on tides and boats and stuff. All Haundo knows is fighting on and below the streets of Absalom and how not to cause a city wide fire. Hence why hes all about taking scores of fighters and bringing the Fallen to their knees. ;)

Loving the discussion btw~


Male Elan Psion*(Telepath) 5th,
Status:
HP 27/27, AC16/16*/20**, Touch 12/16*/20**, FF 14/14*18**, F: +2*, R: +3*, W: +5*, Init +4, Perc +1/+5*, PP40/36* Darkvision 60'**

Yes D'ohge my thoughts exactly, our PCs after all are in a Port city. But if the Prof fails my next idea was to be a long bout and some sea-men a rowing. I think some thing like this will get the one eyed undead out, if he is the controlling mind for the mindless Undead around here, and if we take it down it may make the undead here not so effective. Lots of If and maybes but whats a Pc to do.


Gun 3/Clr 2 - HP 36/36: AC 26: Touch: 12 Flat: 24 - F+7, R+6, W+5 Init +5; Darkvision (60 feet); Per +8

True. But remember we tip our hand too early and we may find out just how many fallen the learned can gather and how many traps it can set for us. I'm picturing a I Am Legend scenario in that regard. ;)

Haundo whines for a moment at the thought of showing themselves too early. "The real question is if that Learned is a caster all I have heard so far is that it is large and able to control the fallen from a distance. As it never leaves its lair that strikes me as odd behavior if it was the melee type. My knowledge is limited to fighting above and below the streets of Absalom, with at least four or more of my brethren behind me. When we tangled with the Learned it was best to move in quickly and trike them down before they could react. Granted those that could wield magic slew us by the handfuls..." He makes sure to relay this information to De'ohge and translate De'ohge's suggestions to the group as well.


Male Elan Psion*(Telepath) 5th,
Status:
HP 27/27, AC16/16*/20**, Touch 12/16*/20**, FF 14/14*18**, F: +2*, R: +3*, W: +5*, Init +4, Perc +1/+5*, PP40/36* Darkvision 60'**

"If I can get locate this controlling mind I may be able to neutralize it, I do not really know that much casters of magic but from what i do know If i can interfere with its ability to command the undead and cast magics, if we could pull the undead to the wharf there numbers will work against them, pushing many into the sea. but I agree it was best to move in quickly and strike down the controlling mind before it can react, again we ask, what can bring him into the open? I also have to ask what happens to the mindless undead when the controlling mind is removed?"

Saxton has not moved are blinked the whole time he has talked.


male Dwarf Fighter (Weapon Master) 1

Look da best I fig'r..If ya magic folk can get me in strikin of that learned feller I be willin ta bet he would slice rather easily.

Klor pauses a bit to check his axe

an I got just the tool fer the job

as far as dat other boat, I just say hole it and let sink any of dem undead below decks can find demselves a watery tomb ta haunt


Male Half-Elf Oracle (Juju) 5

"Dat could work, but remember - dey might not be able ta swim, but dey can certainly walk across de bottom of de sea. Simply sinking da boat will not solve de problem."


Male Elan Psion*(Telepath) 5th,
Status:
HP 27/27, AC16/16*/20**, Touch 12/16*/20**, FF 14/14*18**, F: +2*, R: +3*, W: +5*, Init +4, Perc +1/+5*, PP40/36* Darkvision 60'**

"klor I have no doubt you could strike down the controlling mind if you have a chance, I did consider the sinking of the second ship, If it can be done fast and the water has the depth then it has merit, but it must be holed one devastation strike."

Saxton looks around,

"Dos the Haber have a Tidal depth gauge that can be seen from here?"


Laden speaks up. We know that the water is deep enough to cover both of those boats.

If you need more info I might need to know why it matters. I was just assuming Tidal depth gauge meant the distance from the ocean floor to the top of the water.


Male Elan Psion*(Telepath) 5th,
Status:
HP 27/27, AC16/16*/20**, Touch 12/16*/20**, FF 14/14*18**, F: +2*, R: +3*, W: +5*, Init +4, Perc +1/+5*, PP40/36* Darkvision 60'**

just helped tell what he just said, well thats about it, we can sink the ship


Male Elan Psion*(Telepath) 5th,
Status:
HP 27/27, AC16/16*/20**, Touch 12/16*/20**, FF 14/14*18**, F: +2*, R: +3*, W: +5*, Init +4, Perc +1/+5*, PP40/36* Darkvision 60'**

Saxton looking around at the others says,

"Then I offer up a simpler plan, that may work, I will stand on the sea, fire at the mindless undead, pulling them to me. My hope is they well do as they normally do and blindly seek to attack me, in doing so my hope then is they will walk into the sea to get to me, that will drop their numbers until the learned has to come out and deal with me, at that point you attack from behind, your task will be to kill it before it kills me"

He sits back calmly.


Gun 3/Clr 2 - HP 36/36: AC 26: Touch: 12 Flat: 24 - F+7, R+6, W+5 Init +5; Darkvision (60 feet); Per +8

Haundo sighs, rubbing his temples and scratching his upright ears. "We can try that Saxton. I can keep the fighters in reserve in case the fallen have something else up there sleeve. Since they are armed with crossbows and give support if needed. In answer to your earlier question if we kill the Learned then the mindless ones will do what they do best... Continue killing. The loss of the Learned will only mean they won't have direction and will be easier to lead into pits and ground based traps."


Male Elan Psion*(Telepath) 5th,
Status:
HP 27/27, AC16/16*/20**, Touch 12/16*/20**, FF 14/14*18**, F: +2*, R: +3*, W: +5*, Init +4, Perc +1/+5*, PP40/36* Darkvision 60'**

"I see your point, do you think that ship has a powder magazine? or do we have a keg or two of black powder, if so we could blow a whole in her?"


Gun 3/Clr 2 - HP 36/36: AC 26: Touch: 12 Flat: 24 - F+7, R+6, W+5 Init +5; Darkvision (60 feet); Per +8

Haundo shakes his head. "Unless Laden has a keg to spare we don't have anything like that in our caravan. We only have enough packets of ammunition to keep on fighting... Your plan of standing in the water and killing them will work though, so long as you can keep it up for a long time."


Male Elan Psion*(Telepath) 5th,
Status:
HP 27/27, AC16/16*/20**, Touch 12/16*/20**, FF 14/14*18**, F: +2*, R: +3*, W: +5*, Init +4, Perc +1/+5*, PP40/36* Darkvision 60'**

I can do that, if the others are agreed


Bard 4/Gun 1, HP 39, AC: 17 Tch 12 FF 15 F: +5, R: +8, W: +4, Init: +2, Per: +8

Andreas walks up to Saxton and Haundo, hearing that they might need a keg of powder. "What if instead of powder we use Kegs of Alcohol lighting the barrels so when they shatter we get fire to do the work of setting the ship a blaze and hopefully hitting the powder room." Andreas looks at Haundo "Don't worry about Ammo I have a spell that will replenish your Ammo as you use it."

Abundant Ammunition


Male Elan Psion*(Telepath) 5th,
Status:
HP 27/27, AC16/16*/20**, Touch 12/16*/20**, FF 14/14*18**, F: +2*, R: +3*, W: +5*, Init +4, Perc +1/+5*, PP40/36* Darkvision 60'**

"But then we are back at the problem of fire and the burning ship setting the city ablaze"


Male Elan Psion*(Telepath) 5th,
Status:
HP 27/27, AC16/16*/20**, Touch 12/16*/20**, FF 14/14*18**, F: +2*, R: +3*, W: +5*, Init +4, Perc +1/+5*, PP40/36* Darkvision 60'**

"If i could have one of the potions of invisibility i have an idea, they say where there is smoke there is fire, I will use some smock sticks to give the impression of fire, once they come and look ill start shooting pulling them to the end of the key and I hope the water, when the one with a mind comes, then you strike from behind. If timed right we can pin them with no cover and the sea to there backs. Attacked from both sides with no risk of fire or need to sunk or cut lose a ship."

Saxton takes a smoke stick from his handy haversack to show them.


male Dwarf Fighter (Weapon Master) 1
Andreas Merona wrote:

"What if instead of powder we use Kegs of Alcohol lighting the barrels so when they shatter we get fire to do the work of setting the ship a blaze and hopefully hitting the powder room."

Upon hearig kegs of alcohol Klor perks up WHAT!!! where I come from dems fighn' words we never be usin' Alcohol dat way...unless of course its Elf wine... dat stuff ain't good fer much else


Bard 4/Gun 1, HP 39, AC: 17 Tch 12 FF 15 F: +5, R: +8, W: +4, Init: +2, Per: +8

Andreas shakes his head "Klor we all know that Elf wine isn't strong enough to catch fire that is why we would need a strong Spirit. But if Saxton's plan works we need not light anything a blaze."


Male Elan Psion*(Telepath) 5th,
Status:
HP 27/27, AC16/16*/20**, Touch 12/16*/20**, FF 14/14*18**, F: +2*, R: +3*, W: +5*, Init +4, Perc +1/+5*, PP40/36* Darkvision 60'**

"If the others agree shall we get ourself's ready, could you tell me when you need me, I will follow until then"


male Dwarf Fighter (Weapon Master) 1

Right... Sax ya do your thing.. Me, I'll be ready to take a few whacks at dat learned fella.
He ne learned but he needs a lesson bout dwarven axmanship.


Gun 3/Clr 2 - HP 36/36: AC 26: Touch: 12 Flat: 24 - F+7, R+6, W+5 Init +5; Darkvision (60 feet); Per +8

Haundo nods, eager to meet the men and ready them for combat. Today would be the birth of the Watchmen of Quinten (I think that is the town name >.>;). "Any potion you may use Saxton, you are putting yourself at the greatest risk. I will hold the men in reserve until the learned emeregs then. Once he has I will bring the Watchmen of Quinten against what fallen remain and free the rest of you up to fight the learned. Good Luck my friends. Laden if you don't mind I will follow you back to your fighters, we have much preparation to do before we start fighting."


Male Elan Psion*(Telepath) 5th,
Status:
HP 27/27, AC16/16*/20**, Touch 12/16*/20**, FF 14/14*18**, F: +2*, R: +3*, W: +5*, Init +4, Perc +1/+5*, PP40/36* Darkvision 60'**

Do we have map of the area I need a root to the sea.

Saxton picks up a Potion of invisible to undead and pits it on a table
He puts his haversack down next to and and then pulls 5 smoke-sticks out.
Then gos and looking for "ember rope" tinder twigs of the smokers or a small hooded lap.

"I think that's every thing, before I set of I ill link with one of you, that way I can talk to you no matter how far away you are, n this way I can tell you what I am doing and what I can see, I think Haundo would be best. When ever you are ready"


There is a compass showing north, south, east, and west at S31. If you go south away from the damaged boat you can find a path that can get you to the damage boat without too much trouble.

If you go north, assuming the map extended past the boat the party is trying to take, you will enter the downtown area which has buildings, and most likely good number of undead.

If you pop the smoke too far away from the boat you might pull undead that you don't intend to pull.

I will try to get another map up that probably has every square as 10/20 ft square.


Male Elan Psion*(Telepath) 5th,
Status:
HP 27/27, AC16/16*/20**, Touch 12/16*/20**, FF 14/14*18**, F: +2*, R: +3*, W: +5*, Init +4, Perc +1/+5*, PP40/36* Darkvision 60'**

Saxtons actions:

Power Point spend

Inertial Armor 1pp +4 armor bonus to Armor Class 4 hours

Force Screen 1pp +4 shield bonus to Armor Class 4 min

Body Equilibrium 3pp
DESCRIPTION
You can adjust your body’s equilibrium to correspond with any solid or liquid that you stand on. Thus, you can walk on water, quicksand, or even a spider’s web without sinking or breaking through (this effect does not confer any resistance to particularly sticky webs). You can move at your normal speed, but you cannot run (x4 speed) on an unfirm surface without sinking or breaking through. If you fall from any height while using this power, damage from the impact is halved.

30 mins

Guys I will relay what they do, v Mindlink with 1pp 30 mins

Haundo

So over to you I will be offline for the next 48 hours (work)



Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 13, Touch 13, FF 11, F: +1, R: +3, W: +4, Init +6, Perc +8, Darkvision 60'

how tall is the dock master building, and is there easy access to the roof?


Gun 3/Clr 2 - HP 36/36: AC 26: Touch: 12 Flat: 24 - F+7, R+6, W+5 Init +5; Darkvision (60 feet); Per +8
Saxton Quinn wrote:

Do we have map of the area I need a root to the sea.

Saxton picks up a Potion of invisible to undead and pits it on a table
He puts his haversack down next to and and then pulls 5 smoke-sticks out.
Then gos and looking for "ember rope" tinder twigs of the smokers or a small hooded lap.

"I think that's every thing, before I set of I ill link with one of you, that way I can talk to you no matter how far away you are, n this way I can tell you what I am doing and what I can see, I think Haundo would be best. When ever you are ready"

Haundo quails for a moment before his thoughts could align with what Saxton had just said. After his hesitation had passed he nodded in agreement. "It would make things easier for when you need the fighters and I to move in..."

are you going to place the fighters and me DM? or do you want me to select a direction that we come in from?


De'ohge wrote:
how tall is the dock master building, and is there easy access to the roof?

The building is about 10 feet high, and there is a ladder on the outside, not attached to the building.


The monster are most likely to come from the downtown area closest to the main ship so that is probably the best spot. Of course you also know that the second ship has zombies also. I will let you choose the spot. Knowing they are fast zombies it won't take them long to converge once they are called.


Tobin:
I need a fort save also. DC 12


Gun 3/Clr 2 - HP 36/36: AC 26: Touch: 12 Flat: 24 - F+7, R+6, W+5 Init +5; Darkvision (60 feet); Per +8

Haundo will have the Watchmen stationed between the downtown area and the main ship. If Enemy reinforcements come because of the smoke.

Is it the next day then? If not I wait with anticipation. :D


In the game world it is the day.


Gun 3/Clr 2 - HP 36/36: AC 26: Touch: 12 Flat: 24 - F+7, R+6, W+5 Init +5; Darkvision (60 feet); Per +8

Oh, I was meaning whether or not we were fast forwarding to the next day lol. But that does answer the question.

As he waited for Saxton to create the link Haundo laid out his plan for the Watchmen militia, making sure Laden didn't have any reservations. "The Watchmen and I will hold the downtown street and be able to defend against stragglers coming to see what the smoke is about. It will place us in a place to support the others if needed. Tonight I will see these men and speak with them as well. Clear tactics must be made before tomorrow morning, the simplest defense will be used. We are going to fight to stall them and kill as many as we can without exposing ourselves too much. I will lead them from the front as I have the heaviest armor and no watchman commander would lead from the rear. That way if I give the call for retreat I will be the last to fall back, I want as many of them to come out of this as possible."


Male Elan Psion*(Telepath) 5th,
Status:
HP 27/27, AC16/16*/20**, Touch 12/16*/20**, FF 14/14*18**, F: +2*, R: +3*, W: +5*, Init +4, Perc +1/+5*, PP40/36* Darkvision 60'**

Hundo I am going to start now get resdy
Saxton maoves in and starts the smoke stick going.


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 13, Touch 13, FF 11, F: +1, R: +3, W: +4, Init +6, Perc +8, Darkvision 60'

inferno:
Shiny one, that building (dock masters) will be for me, an archer or two would be good up there too.

De'ohge selects the potions that he feels will be most beneficial and settles them into his haversack. He also checks his supply of crossbow bolts, and if there is another crossbow handy, he'll grab it too.


As the smoke cloud becomes more noticeable more zombie start to gather and head in that direct. They are moving at their normal speed which means it will take them about 3 to 4 rounds to get there. More of course are behind this first group.


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 13, Touch 13, FF 11, F: +1, R: +3, W: +4, Init +6, Perc +8, Darkvision 60'

Oh damn, party started? Do I have time to get on the roof of the dock master building before the undead will be able to see me? I don't need the ladder to get up there as I can 'shift'


De'ohge wrote:
Oh damn, party started? Do I have time to get on the roof of the dock master building before the undead will be able to see me? I don't need the ladder to get up there as I can 'shift'

You are on the roof without being seen.


Male Elan Psion*(Telepath) 5th,
Status:
HP 27/27, AC16/16*/20**, Touch 12/16*/20**, FF 14/14*18**, F: +2*, R: +3*, W: +5*, Init +4, Perc +1/+5*, PP40/36* Darkvision 60'**

Gm I would like to add an action I forgot before smoke, if its busts INV to undead ill not do it, but I forgot to cut the rops to damaged ship


It won't since it is not an attack.

edit:I was assuming you were doing this at day time. Is that correct?


Male Elan Psion*(Telepath) 5th,
Status:
HP 27/27, AC16/16*/20**, Touch 12/16*/20**, FF 14/14*18**, F: +2*, R: +3*, W: +5*, Init +4, Perc +1/+5*, PP40/36* Darkvision 60'**

Its all down to when High tide is GM in the day yes, they have night site most of ours do not so day yes.


Male Half-Elf Oracle (Juju) 5

I hope dat de Spirits protect us..., Uchendu thinks, uneasily, as he and the others get into position.


male Dwarf Fighter (Weapon Master) 1

I cant locate the link to the map

Looks like dey be lin'in up fer the slaughter...Looks like Tarnack will be tastin' some undead today.

Klor readys his axe for battle and makes his way to a position most likely to see the most action.

once I find the map link I will mark my position with KK


There were two tides. One in the evening, but before it got dark and only early in the morning before the sun came up.

map link


Gun 3/Clr 2 - HP 36/36: AC 26: Touch: 12 Flat: 24 - F+7, R+6, W+5 Init +5; Darkvision (60 feet); Per +8

Infernal:

"I can't spare the men De'ohge, but take my hammer and spikes. Seal yourself in, it'll slow them down if you need to escape."

Haundo and the militiamen jog into position, four men wide and five deep, he held the front line position. They made their way down the cleared out streets, trying to avoid attracting attention as they made their way to the downtown area. He kept his head clear, thoughts aligned and readied himself for the sacrifices to come. The only Regret he had was he had only one life to give.

As they arrived in the downtown area Haundo rapt out orders sharply. "Maintain rank! Crossbowmen double ranked in the center, swordsman on the outside ranks, protect your comrades, watch our flanks and prepare for the command to move. Until then we hold them here." You looked to each of their faces, many were scared, some terrified and others had a hatred in their eyes. Those with hate would fight all the harder, the Fallen would pay dearly this day. "Today you are not militia or resistance fighters. You are the Watchmen, you fight for everything but yourselves. You ensure the safety of everyone who lives and bring final death to those fallen who still walk. Today you start taking back your homes. So get ready, because here they come..."

With that he pulls out the massive glaive and sets it handle down in the street. His massive shield rested on his back and as he watched the coming fallen he pulled free his holy symbol, hoping that today Caiden would watch over his disciple and give a lasting freedom to these men and women who were about to give their lives. "Ready a brew for us lord, for we may grace your hall tonight night..."


A few(less than 10) zombies are getting close to the smoke, but they appear to be show no interest in it. The ones in the boat don't even notice it, and as the boat is separating from the pier the plank falls into the water.


Gun 3/Clr 2 - HP 36/36: AC 26: Touch: 12 Flat: 24 - F+7, R+6, W+5 Init +5; Darkvision (60 feet); Per +8

Haundo is keeping the men out of sight as they don't have invisible to undead potions


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 13, Touch 13, FF 11, F: +1, R: +3, W: +4, Init +6, Perc +8, Darkvision 60'

Don't need the spikes as I won't be IN the building, De'ohge takes his place on the roof of the building, as noted on the map.

651 to 700 of 1,511 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Flesh and Bone-A Zombiepocalypse Story All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.