Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Flesh and Bone-A zombiepocalypse story

Game Master concerro

The party enters a world much different than the one many of them left 3 years ago. Many cities have been abandoned. Those cities that are still occupied are under martial law to a large extent.
People are very afraid of the world, and for good


551 to 600 of 1,511 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>

Good news: My internet is back to working consistently.
Bad news: I won't be home that long today.

Link to map .

edit:Roll initiative if you have not done so. Tonight we fight. :)


Male Half-Elf Oracle (Juju) 5

Initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22.


I made the document permissions open so anyone can modify the map. That allows you to move your own characters and place them where they would likely be.


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 13, Touch 13, FF 11, F: +1, R: +3, W: +4, Init +6, Perc +8, Darkvision 60'

hmm, can't edit...


The map should work now.

Initiative order
Uchenda=22
Tobin=21
Zombies=12
Deoghe=11
Andreas=10
Dagor=1


Male Half-Elf Oracle (Juju) 5

Uchendu moves forward, and attempts to wrest control of one of the zombies...


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 13, Touch 13, FF 11, F: +1, R: +3, W: +4, Init +6, Perc +8, Darkvision 60'

I hope you don't mind, I made a slight edit to the file to provide better 'squares', and a wagon! De'ohge will stick with the previously posted priority list for targets.


Nice work De'oghe. I was thinking of making a template, but I think your map edit will work for that.


Gun 3/Clr 2 - HP 36/36: AC 26: Touch: 12 Flat: 24 - F+7, R+6, W+5 Init +5; Darkvision (60 feet); Per +8

Initiative 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Haundo moves up alongside Uchendu and sets his shield against a possible charge, giving himself cover while keeping up a light and agile defense.

MA: Move 15ft, alongside Uchendu
SA: Total Defense +4 AC, AC = 30 til next round.


Zombie will save:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Tobin you are up.

Uchendu which zombie are you trying to control?


Male Half-Elf Oracle (Juju) 5

The one closest to me :-)

Sensing that the Spirits have been successful, Uchendu orders 'his' zombie to attack the others.


Tobin's eyes glow with arcane power and he points a hand, smoking with unfelt heat. A small spinning flame appears in front of a zombie. It spins faster and faster growing with each revolution. Soon it is a five foot wide sphere of intense heat engulfing the zombie.

Flaming Sphere on the Zombie at L3. DC17 reflex for half damage
Flaming Sphere damage: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 2, 6) = 13


Uchendu control Zombie 1. -17 hp

Reflex save for Zombie 4:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9---takes 13 points of damage

Map link for convenience

Zombie 1 attacks Zombie 2
Bite:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Slam:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Grapple attempt:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

Zombie 2 is grappled
---------------------------------

Zombie 2 -6 hp and grappled
Zombie 2 attacks Zombie 1

Bite:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Crit confirmation:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Slam:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Slam:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Zombie 2: visciously attacks Zombie 1 almost killing him.

-----------------------------------------

Zombies 3 and 4 double move to Uchendu's position.


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 13, Touch 13, FF 11, F: +1, R: +3, W: +4, Init +6, Perc +8, Darkvision 60'

De'ohge will cast Disrupt Undead on #4.

Disrupt Undead: Save:no, SR Y, close ranged ray ranged touch 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Damage 1d6 ⇒ 3

May need to note where moves start/stop. Did Z3, move through L15, giving Uchendo a possible AoO?


Gun 3/Clr 2 - HP 36/36: AC 26: Touch: 12 Flat: 24 - F+7, R+6, W+5 Init +5; Darkvision (60 feet); Per +8

Round 1, Initiative 25

SA: Attack Zombie 4 with +1 BA 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Confirm Critical? 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Non Critical Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
If Critical~ Add~ 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Uchendu's power always confused Haundo, especially when the fallen quarreled amongst themselves before converging on the true puppet master. As they advanced on Uchendu, Haundo raised his battleaxe, exposing himself as he struck out hard and fast. Flaying necrotic flesh off one of the Fallen with brutal efficiency.


Bard 4/Gun 1, HP 39, AC: 17 Tch 12 FF 15 F: +5, R: +8, W: +4, Init: +2, Per: +8

Andreas moves up from his position near the wagon closer to the battle (22L)Drawing his bow he fires on Zombie 3 hoping to distract it from Uchendu.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Deoghe you were unable to hit the zombie with your ray attack, and Z3 did not provoke

Haundo hits Z4 hard, but the zombie is still up.
The crit was not confirmed. To speed things up a little the target AC is 14

Andreas hits Z3 for 4 points of damage, and seems to have his attention.

13 d for Zombie 3= 13 points of damage taken.

Dagor you are up.


Gun 3/Clr 2 - HP 36/36: AC 26: Touch: 12 Flat: 24 - F+7, R+6, W+5 Init +5; Darkvision (60 feet); Per +8

I think Dagor is gone, =/


Uchendu you are up. :)


Male Half-Elf Oracle (Juju) 5

Frowning in consternation, Uchendu moves back from the surprisingly astute zombies...

Withdraw to I18.


Round 2 Initiative 21

Tobin backs up slightly to cast away from the zombies. He waves a hand to move the flaming sphere onto another zombie and points his palm towards the closest two. More flames erupt from his smoking hand engulfing them in white hot fire.

5' Step, move action to move flaming sphere to L8 and burn zombie 2 (I've colored it orange for easier reference in the future), and standard action for Burning Hands to catch zombies 3 & 4

Burning Hands DC16 Reflex for half: 4d4 ⇒ (4, 1, 1, 2) = 8

Flaming Sphere DC17 Reflex for half: 3d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 1) = 8


Zombie 3 reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Z3 reflex save for flaming sphere: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Zombie 4 reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Both zombies by sheer luck are able to avoid most of the fire damage, and they turn their eyes toward Tobin.

Z1 continue the assault on Z2 trying to maintain the grappled check.
grapple check: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 30
damage:1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Z2 responds with a flurry of attacks.
attack:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
damage:1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

attack:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
damage:1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

attack:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
damage:1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Zombie 2 takes out Zombie 1.
-----------------------------------

Z3 and Z4 both charge Tobin
Z4 is in much worse condition than Z3.

Z3's attacks:
bite :1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
damage:1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
grapple check: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20

Z4's attacks:
bite :1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
damage:1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
grapple check: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19

Both Zombies bite Tobin and get a good hold on him.*

*This assumes Haundo is not able to take one of them out.


Male Human (Varisian) Wizard 2

Round 2, Init 11 (AC 13/12/11 HP 20, CMD 12)

De'ohge raises his hand, palm up, and chants a few arcane words. As he chants two glowing blue balls spring into existence, crackling with energy. Gesturing at one of the zombies chewing on Tobin, the two balls spiral off through the air impacting on the zombie (#3).

Magic Missile 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (2, 1) + 2 = 5


Gun 3/Clr 2 - HP 36/36: AC 26: Touch: 12 Flat: 24 - F+7, R+6, W+5 Init +5; Darkvision (60 feet); Per +8

Round 3. Ini 25

SA: Attack with Battle Axe +1 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Confirm Critical Hit 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Crit Damage - If Applicable add to the above damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

As the zombie rushed past, Haundo grimaced and turned. These creatures were moving far too fast for any good to come of it. He turned to help out Tobin, spinning quickly around and slamming his axe into the Walker.


Zombie 4 is taken down by Haundo, before it can get to Tobin.

Deoghe's magic missiles explode into zombie 3, but he is still up.

Init order
Uchenda=22
Tobin=21
Zombies=12
Deoghe=11
Andreas=10

Andreas you are up.
Dagor seems to have run off during the fight.


Bard 4/Gun 1, HP 39, AC: 17 Tch 12 FF 15 F: +5, R: +8, W: +4, Init: +2, Per: +8

Andreas draws his bow and takes a second shot at Number 3

Attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Male Half-Elf Oracle (Juju) 5

Channelling the power of the spirits, Uchendu attempts to gain control of Zombie 3, ordering it to attack zombie 2.


Andreas shot is wide. The zombie does not even notice anyone shot at it.

Will save for Zombie 3:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15


To Tobin's surprise, the zombie just releases him. "Thank you, Uchendu. That was very timely."

Tobin withdraws to a safer distance to tend his wounds.


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 13, Touch 13, FF 11, F: +1, R: +3, W: +4, Init +6, Perc +8, Darkvision 60'

With the undead now passively standing there, De'ohge fires another ray at it from his roof top perch.

The ray glows a metallic white as it crackles through the air to solidly impact on the chest of the creature, inflicting grievous damage.

Disrupt Undead 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
[ooc]damage] 1d6 ⇒ 6


You are not released yet Tobin. You do notice he is not trying to kill you right now though.
To keep things simple we can assume you held you turn once you realized you were about to be released.


Round 3:
Link to Map

Zombie 2 charges Haundo.
attack:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
damage:1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

The zombie barely misses Haundo

Zombie 3 charges zombie 2:
attack:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
damage:1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

start grapple:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

Zombie 3 is hit hard, but is not grappled. Zombie 2 is in very bad condition.


Gun 3/Clr 2 - HP 36/36: AC 26: Touch: 12 Flat: 24 - F+7, R+6, W+5 Init +5; Darkvision (60 feet); Per +8

Round 3. Ini 25

Haundo stood confused for amount the Waler wasn't continue its assault on Tobin and the other one was still standing there.

High Attack Z3 and Low Attack Z2 1d100 ⇒ 10

With a grunt of annoyance he shuffled five feet to the left and swung out at the Walker (Z2). Sadly his battleaxe went wide and he cut nothing but air.

MA: 5ft Step - North
SA: 1d20 ⇒ 8

He glanced around, happy to see there struggle hadn't attraced anymore unwanted attention. This is too close, if the Learned see's us then its all lost, our strike will fail... I'm coming Culain, wait for me...


I'll come back into the initiative here then.

With another wave of his hand, Tobin brings the roiling ball of flames onto a zombie. In order to save some spellpower for later, he draws his crossbow.

Flame Sphere on Zombie 2 Reflex DC17: 3d6 ⇒ (1, 2, 3) = 6


Zombie 2 is dead.
Nothing says zombie 3 will fight back if ordered not to. I am assuming you will kill him while Uchendu still has him under control.

Of course if you feel guilty about fighting defenseless zombies we can play it out. :)


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 13, Touch 13, FF 11, F: +1, R: +3, W: +4, Init +6, Perc +8, Darkvision 60'

I forgot to post it, but the magic missiles were aimed at zombie 3.


I am assuming you will kill the zombie safely, and you are outside of the building where you met the resistance last time. The double doors can accommodate the wagon, but the fit will be tight.


"Lets get inside so no wandering zombies see us. I've no wish to repeat that."


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 13, Touch 13, FF 11, F: +1, R: +3, W: +4, Init +6, Perc +8, Darkvision 60'

De'ohge keeps watch from his perch on the corner of the rooftop, checking up and down the two streets while the rest of the group maneuvers the wagon into the building.


Gun 3/Clr 2 - HP 36/36: AC 26: Touch: 12 Flat: 24 - F+7, R+6, W+5 Init +5; Darkvision (60 feet); Per +8

Haundo severs the zombies head from its shoulders, a brutal swing of his axe is all that was needed. Then he went and systematically split the heads open, hoping to destroy the eyes in which the learned could use to see them coming. He then moved to assist the others in getting the wagon into the building.

I had posted a, I kill the zombie post, but apparently it didn't take. :/ sorry!


It is ok Haundo. The boards have been off for me lately also.

Once Huando finishes the zombie off everyone(all the NPC's) get inside the building quickly.

After everyone settles down Professor Frennel ask, "Is this where we will meet the resistance?"


Male Half-Elf Oracle (Juju) 5

"It is supposed to be where we be meeting dem, as long as nothin' has happened to dem.."


Tobin raises his voice slightly, enough to be better heard inside but still muffled to the outside. "Hello? Is anyone here?"


Shorty after Tobin speaks he hears someone say "I am coming", as they come downstairs.
It is the same person the party met before.

Once he makes it all the way down he say, "It is nice to see you again. My boss, for lack of a better phrase, will be here later this evening so that we can discuss the issue with the docks."


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 13, Touch 13, FF 11, F: +1, R: +3, W: +4, Init +6, Perc +8, Darkvision 60'

De'ohge will start checking around the perimeter, first in the room they are located, then the rest of that floor.

He is checking the security of the windows and doors, as well as any less obvious points of egress. This would include taking note of anywhere where he can view the other side of a barrier.

How tall is the room, and how is the next floor/ceiling built? exposed rafters?


The stairs are mad so that you start to go up the stairs. They have a landing, and then you go up the next set of stairs kind like the stairs inside of modern buildings with more than one floor.

The windows and doors are still in decent condition. There are no exposed rafters.


Gun 3/Clr 2 - HP 36/36: AC 26: Touch: 12 Flat: 24 - F+7, R+6, W+5 Init +5; Darkvision (60 feet); Per +8

Haundo takes up position by the main doors and waits quietly axe hanging on his belt and Pistol holstered. He was uneasy and wanted to get this meeting over with. Always with the waiting. Do they not undersand that the longer It exists, the worst things become?


At around 4 pm you hear a rhythmic knock at the door.
William(the contact for the resistance) says "That should be Laden, my boss. He is knocking to avoid being filled up with arrows and bolts."


Male Half-Elf Oracle (Juju) 5

Uchendu nods wordlessly, motioning for William to open the door.

I hope dat dis is not a trap...


William opens the door, and you see an elf who appears rather young and stands about 6 feet tall. Once inside he introduces himself.

"My is Laden, and while I am not "the boss" I do have some measure of power. I have heard that you would like to take care of the situation. As you know one of the zombies is actually capable of thought. Well he is also very strong.

It seems to me that he is using the port to block entry and exit to the city. That means that land travel is the only other way in.

I have about 20 people that I can spare for this cause. Do you have a plan of attack? "

551 to 600 of 1,511 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Flesh and Bone-A Zombiepocalypse Story All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.