Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

First Steps

Game Master CRobledo

In your first mission as a Pathfinder agent, the head of the Grand Lodge sends you on a number of missions throughout the metropolis of Absalom, pitting you against traps,thieves, and even an unruly devil, all in the pursuit of knowledge.


51 to 100 of 1,475 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Map sent. Your positions are relative for now, we can re-position if needed later. Probably not needed out of combat anyways, but so you get the room shape and size


Sohali Haddad wrote:
"Simply claim the item from your bed chambers Paracountess?" Sohali asks.

"Yes, yes. Simply that. Why do you ask, something on your mind?"


Male Human Paladin/ 1

"Not a thing madam" Sohali replies "My mind is as empty as a cloudless sky"

Sohali smiles slightly and approaches the door taking the handle and hoping that some horror beyond imagining isn't about to eat the flesh from his face.


giving the others a chance to roll their perceptions and ask anything of the paracountess. Plus makes for a good sleep break for me :P


Male Human Paladin/ 1

Not a problem, don't want to force the scene, just eager. Also if anyone wants to grab me by the shoulder and interupt before I throw open the door I'm not going to be offended. Low wisdom I've always seen as a bit of a lack of common sense.

Dark Archive

Init +2|AC18(21)/Touch12/Flatfoot16/CMD 17||HP 12/[12]|Fort:+4 ;Ref:+2 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +2 Human Chellish Male Fighter/1

Perception
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Luccinus clicks his heels together and then bows formally to the ParaCountess.

An honour to be in your presence, your Grace, he greets her, his Cheliaxian accent thickening as he does so. We have been given many assignments this day but your requirements have been put first - paying appropriate respect to your station.

As to the matter of the chamber, Paracountess... I crave your forgiveness for asking, but is there any 'Complication' or 'Details' as to the room or item itself or recovering the item that would be beneficial or helpful for us to understand first?

Not sure if Diplomacy is needed to gather information here but I'll take a stab at it...

Diplomacy1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Grand Lodge

Male Human Gunslinger/1

I will go along with the group assuming Dunn was waiting. He was just attempting to get the group moving and was going to discuss the matter further and tell the group about what he knows of these people. Not given the chance to do so he will just follow along.
Dunn sits quietly in the back of the room. Listening to what the Paracountess has to say.
Perception:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Shadow Lodge

Male Human AC14/Touch11/Flatfoot13/CMD 14 || HP 14 || Init +5 || Perception +0; Sense Motive +5 || Fort:+4; Ref:+1; Will+2

Arriving in the countess' study, Xavier remains silent. He gives the Chelaxian woman a respectful nod and his face remains stern during her "speech." He does give Dunn a look when she mentions using demons for their power, but looks back to the countess quickly. He gives a slight bow when she has made her request.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 14

Xavier turns his head towards the room they are expected to enter. Seeing Sohali headed for the door, he calmly strides over and places his hand on his shoulder. He whispers quietly, "Perhaps we should await the countess' response to Luccinus' question - and allow our better-protected colleague lead the way."

Shadow Lodge

Male Human AC14/Touch11/Flatfoot13/CMD 14 || HP 14 || Init +5 || Perception +0; Sense Motive +5 || Fort:+4; Ref:+1; Will+2

Xavier enters the study and takes in the surroundings. He gives the countess a respectful nod and his face remains stern during her "speech." He does glance at Dunn when she mentions using demons for their power, but looks away quickly. When she gives their orders, he gives a polite bow.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 13

Still bowing, he turns his head towards the door. When he sees Sohali headed for it, he quickly walks and places a hand on his shoulder before whispering, "Perhaps we should await for the countess' response to Luccinus' question. And allow our better-protected colleague to enter first."


The paracountess slowly runs her tongue across her lips, staring at Luccinus. "My, my aren't you just a sweetie. You are just going to have to come back to visit me after this business is over. I have some things to tech you...and I would love to meet the man behind the armor, yes?"

*CRASH*

The double doors fly open, and the remains and splinters of what used to be a chair fall into the room.

"Yes well, I guess we will have to postpone our fun for a bit. Yes, I recently sent my personal servant into my bedroom to retrieve the box that you are seeking. it is very important you retrieve this box and not attempt to open it. It must be delivered just as I borrowed it from the Grand Lodge's vaults. If you can, I would prefer my servant not be eliminated, but I fully understand we can't save them all, can't we? You might need this."

Way more sensually than you have ever seen a woman open a drawer before, she pulls out a dagger from her desk. She walks over to Luccinus, and puts the dagger in his hand. The dagges feels lighter than iron and the metal is much paler, probably silver.

"And do come back in one piece for me, yes?" she whispers in Luccinus ears, but loud enough for everyone to hear.

A pillow flies into the room and hits Dunn in the chest.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human AC14/Touch11/Flatfoot13/CMD 14 || HP 14 || Init +5 || Perception +0; Sense Motive +5 || Fort:+4; Ref:+1; Will+2

"Countess, surely you didn't invite us here for a pillow fight? You need not call on The Society for such frivolity - our dear Dunn here would have happily volunteered, I'm certain," Xavier says with a smirk and a bow of respect to the countess.

"Now then, Luccinus, why don't lead the way lest a more solid object decide to fly our way."


Zarta’s bedroom is decorated in the colors of Cheliax—ebon black and crimson red. Silk, rare woods, and carefully carved marble compose every bit of furniture in the room. Goose down now litters the room, covering almost every surface and the silken shreds of the cushions that contained it lie about like flayed skin . A post on the massive screened bed is snapped in half, collapsed on the bed and drawing the screened curtains into a ripped slope of formerly fine cloth.

Vials of perfume and crystal jars of other cosmetics sit smashed on the marble floor around the dresser. A prominent fixture in the room, a large “X” made of stout wood sits along the west wall, complete with leather shackles and chains. A table sits to its left strewn with various items intended for pleasure, but outwardly resembling implements of pain.

Inside the room you see a small Imp, who looks enraged and out of control. He is holding a box, throwing it against the walls and desperately trying to smash it open open.

"Must have it!", says the imp in a high-pitched fiendish Common. "Yesss, must open the stupid box!"

Townhouse 4 map. You guys are all in 4a still, by the doors. The imp is not attacking you or anything, so no initiative (yet). if you come into the room to talk to the imp, might as well say which square you are going to go stand at. Imp is at B8

Grand Lodge

Male Human Gunslinger/1

"I can't say I didn't expect this. Take care here gentlemen"

GM Nel:
Can Dunn try to draw his pistol without the notice of the others. Obviously just a precaution but doesn't want to be caught off guard. He can keep his cloak over that arm so it remains hidden.
if necessary:
Sleight of Hand:
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Dunn moves into the room taking a spot near the bed.When he is able to move he goes to F3


Dunn:
Imp Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

He doesn't really seem to care though.

Passive Perception: Additionally, you notice among the "torture" implements on the table on the left, one is a silvered riding crop.

Roll me another Perception check in a spoiler.

Sohali, Vermin, and Luccinus:
Passive perception: You see Dunn attempt to draw his pistol under his cloak without anyone noticing as he walks in. Imp doesn't seem to care though. Additionally, you notice among the "torture" implements on the table on the left, one is a silvered riding crop.

Xavier:
Dunn goes into the other room, stands by the bed. Imp doesn't seem to care though.

Dark Archive

Init +2|AC18(21)/Touch12/Flatfoot16/CMD 17||HP 12/[12]|Fort:+4 ;Ref:+2 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +2 Human Chellish Male Fighter/1

Avaunt creature of the Hells and cease this madness! Surrender yourself to order, and surrender the prize, Luccinus says sternly.


Male Human Paladin/ 1

Sohali takes a look inside the room as the door bangs open, seeing the destructive imp banging the box into the wall he quickly steps aside. Taking cover using the doorway he considers his actions for a moment. Swinging his quiver forward he withdraws his bow and goes about stringing it with what looks to be a practiced hand, bending the wood as he stretches its string between its arms.

Sohali will step to H7 and then begin to string his bow, can't remember how long it takes but hopefully I will be ready soon :)

Sczarni

Male Half Orc Druid (Saurian Shaman) 8
Stats:
HP:59/59 || AC: 24, touch: 14, flat-footed: 23 || Fort: +8, Ref: +6, Will: +1; +4 vs. spell-like and SN Fey abilities/effects that work on plants. Init: +3 Perception: +16/18 vs traps and secret doors
GM Nel wrote:

“Aldor, you are dismissed. Close the door behind you and attend to your other tasks.” She then turns her attention to the group.

“It’s always so incredibly adorable when I see a freshfaced batch of Pathfinders. I mean, look at you scrumptious little teacakes. I could eat each and every one of you up. Well, maybe not you.” Zarta points at Sohali. “I assume this isn't a pleasure visit since most of you are terribly overdressed for that manner of occasion, so that must mean you are here for that trinket Valsin has been nagging me about. Seems I can’t get that man around these parts anymore,” she gestures, sliding her hand down her body and widening the gesture to sweep out and across the room as if her home were a secondary thought. “On the good side, he always sends me all the precious new recruits."

“Many think we in Cheliax serve and worship devils, but that couldn't be further from the truth. In fact, we use the creatures for their power. They serve us and we sculpt their power in our own interests. The world must come to terms with the order of things. People need to know their place and operate accordingly. It is the only way to make order from this world. Too many people stretch too far beyond their station, making waves and eroding the true order.”

** spoiler omitted **

** spoiler omitted **

Zarta simply ends, "Now, the trinket is simply in my bedroom. You may take it whenever you please."

Catching up with a perception check, even though we may be past this.

Vermin perceives... 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

And one correction to my character sheet. The Deadeye trait adds +2 to perception and not +1 as I initially thought. Sorry for my error.


The imp finally looks up, staring at the characters who have entered the room for a second.

"No no no no. Kreuvus mussst open the mistress' box! Why won't it open! I want it!"

The imp looks wounded up and sits on the box itself. He pants for a few seconds, the resumes grabbing the box and tossing it around. He tosses it into the wall in the north nook, and flies over there cursing in Infernal when the box doesn't burst open. You realize this is pretty much an exercise in futility for the little guy. He is now sitting at B5 with the box.

Dark Archive

Init +2|AC18(21)/Touch12/Flatfoot16/CMD 17||HP 12/[12]|Fort:+4 ;Ref:+2 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +2 Human Chellish Male Fighter/1

Gonna wait a bit to allow the others to post first... I have an idea or three but want to see how the others roll things out

Sczarni

Male Half Orc Druid (Saurian Shaman) 8
Stats:
HP:59/59 || AC: 24, touch: 14, flat-footed: 23 || Fort: +8, Ref: +6, Will: +1; +4 vs. spell-like and SN Fey abilities/effects that work on plants. Init: +3 Perception: +16/18 vs traps and secret doors

Vermin is likely noticed staring at the lovely and exotic Paracountess too long, as such a creature is outside the experiences of the half orc. My lady he manages to half stutter before the doors break open.

Seeing the small creature holding the box he walks into the room double move to C7 . He either did not hear the warning about the devil or considers such a small creature no threat. As he stops moving he addresses the devil. Hey little one. I am big and strong. You want help with that? He holds out his hand for the object, but does not try to threaten the creature.

Diplomacy 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (19) - 2 = 17

Dark Archive

Init +2|AC18(21)/Touch12/Flatfoot16/CMD 17||HP 12/[12]|Fort:+4 ;Ref:+2 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +2 Human Chellish Male Fighter/1

It would be good to get some help with that, wouldn't it? We can see you are frustrated and would like help.

Aid Another - Diplomacy 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17


map up. made some assumptions on the rest of the party

The imp looks up slowly at Vermin, half in awe and half in disbelief.

"Woahhhh, Kreuvus has never seen such a big, green, ugly human! Are you the mistress' new toy? She keeps bringing so many men here all the time! But if you want the mistress' box... you must have been sent by her! No,no no, Kreuvus needs to open the box! You might take it back to mistress."

The imp goes back to smacking the box against a wall.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

To his surprise, when he throws the box against the wall, it hits the stone, ricochets, flies into the air, and lands in Vermin's hands. I rolled a 1 :P

Kreuvu's little eyes grow wide and starts becoming worried. "Aw, I'm so stupid! What did I do that for! You were nice to Kreuvus, but box more important! Sorry green man."

And with that we go into initiative...
Imp: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Xavier: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Luc: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Vermin: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Dunn: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Sohali: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Sohali, you are up. Vermin on deck.


Male Human Paladin/ 1

Sohali quickly nocks an arrow and steps into the door way leading to the bed chamber. Pulling back the string he nods towards the Imp.

“Little devil, I would place an arrow in you if you intend to attack my compatriots but I am not here to defeat you and the Paracountess would not wish you destroyed” Sohali pronounces “While I may not enjoy your ongoing life on this plane it is not unto me to decide when you shall leave it, but goddess willing, I will end you if I must.”

going to take a five foot step into the doorway and readying a shot at the imp if it makes an attack against anyone in the party, going to add Smite Evil onto it too since it'll probably be my only Devil to shoot at today :)

Sczarni

Male Half Orc Druid (Saurian Shaman) 8
Stats:
HP:59/59 || AC: 24, touch: 14, flat-footed: 23 || Fort: +8, Ref: +6, Will: +1; +4 vs. spell-like and SN Fey abilities/effects that work on plants. Init: +3 Perception: +16/18 vs traps and secret doors

Thank you little Kreuvus. I will save guard this box and take it away from your mistress. Vermin moves back 20 feet towards the exit, drawing his shield and stowing the box in his pack. He also declare full defense if he can.


Kreuvus thinks for a second on the orc's words, as if contemplating if believed them.

Vermin:
You can do Bluff (if you are lying about giving the box to the paracountess) or Diplomacy (if you are telling the truth) for what you told the imp.

drawing a shield will take a move, since you still have 0 BAB

Luccinus up, Xavier on deck. New map is up

Dark Archive

Init +2|AC18(21)/Touch12/Flatfoot16/CMD 17||HP 12/[12]|Fort:+4 ;Ref:+2 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +2 Human Chellish Male Fighter/1

I soooo want to hit the bugger before he does something irreparably nasty or makes it impossible to hit it but...

Intimidate 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Cease immediately, or suffer the harshest penalties for your disobedieince!, Luccinus sternly threatens it. The Green One will bear it forth . He brings up his shield and brandishes the silver letter opener.

With Sohali threatening it with a bow not sure if that is worth any bonus.


Imp doesn't seem too shaken by your threat. Want to take a move action too?

Sczarni

Male Half Orc Druid (Saurian Shaman) 8
Stats:
HP:59/59 || AC: 24, touch: 14, flat-footed: 23 || Fort: +8, Ref: +6, Will: +1; +4 vs. spell-like and SN Fey abilities/effects that work on plants. Init: +3 Perception: +16/18 vs traps and secret doors

Vermin is sincere in his claim that he is taking the box away from the Imp's mistress.

Diplomacy 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 = 0

Of course being large a green, and not well versed in polite society, sometimes his words are taken wrong. :)

So he is now holding his shield and will put away the box next round.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human AC14/Touch11/Flatfoot13/CMD 14 || HP 14 || Init +5 || Perception +0; Sense Motive +5 || Fort:+4; Ref:+1; Will+2

Xavier will slowly, unthreateningly draw his quarterstaff and move towards the door (G5).


Dunn next, Luccinus can still take his move if he wants it.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Gunslinger/1

Dunn crouches in an attempt to take cover behind the bed. Throwing his cloak back so as not to impede his loading action. Listen to our friend here imp. I promise it's best the thing for all parties if you do so. If at all applicable I would like to make a bluff check here to see if he believes me as I have no idea how this is going to turn out!
Bluff:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Shadow Lodge

Male Human AC14/Touch11/Flatfoot13/CMD 14 || HP 14 || Init +5 || Perception +0; Sense Motive +5 || Fort:+4; Ref:+1; Will+2

If you don't want me to speak out of my turn, we can just pretend I didn't say this yet.

"Didn't the Countess mention her servant? Do any of you happen to see him?"

Grand Lodge

Male Human Gunslinger/1

I thought that was him. Dunn says somewhat confused.


The imp looks like he is about to chase after Vermin, but he instead stretches his hand out in futility.

"My box... aw, but I wanted it... just... don't give it to mistress!"

It goes to the window and tries to fly out of it for now.

out of initiative unless you want to do something to it, assuming you all seem to want to let him go

Sczarni

Male Half Orc Druid (Saurian Shaman) 8
Stats:
HP:59/59 || AC: 24, touch: 14, flat-footed: 23 || Fort: +8, Ref: +6, Will: +1; +4 vs. spell-like and SN Fey abilities/effects that work on plants. Init: +3 Perception: +16/18 vs traps and secret doors

Vermin exits the bedroom, displays the obvious box in his hand and then bows clumsily to the Paracountess and stammers Got the box Mistress. Nice, um toys you have in there. No harm to your, er, servant, but the room is quite a mess, as you can see. He seems anxious to be on his way, but does not want to offend the high lady.


"Yes, well, Kreuvus is faithful, but not exactly brilliant. Now if you would be a doll and take that to Ambrus for me. I'm certainly tired of him sending me letters to return it. Me, the paracountess. But alas, the Grand Lodge has their rules I suppose."

As Luccinus steps by her desk, she says "You can keep that dagger, handsome, but only if you promise to come back to see me after your little errands. I promise we will leave the bedroom worse than it is now after we are done." After a quick she lets you leave to your next assignment.

Dark Archive

Init +2|AC18(21)/Touch12/Flatfoot16/CMD 17||HP 12/[12]|Fort:+4 ;Ref:+2 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +2 Human Chellish Male Fighter/1

Luccunis again clicks his heels and bows formally.

I shall count the moments... .

He turns to the rest and then exits, following Vermin.

That was unexpectedly easy. Do I need to buy it at the end of the adventure to keep it (assuming its on the Chronicle)


Male Human Paladin/ 1

Sohali eases his draw and places the arrow back in the quiver. Gently closes the door to the bed chamber behind his fellow adventurers and follows them as they exit the building.

"So my compatriots, do we return the box now or go directly to the next mission?" Sohali asks softly.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human AC14/Touch11/Flatfoot13/CMD 14 || HP 14 || Init +5 || Perception +0; Sense Motive +5 || Fort:+4; Ref:+1; Will+2

Xavier returns the staff to his back as the imp flies out the window. "I say we move on. It will save time if we just do it all then report in."

Dark Archive

Init +2|AC18(21)/Touch12/Flatfoot16/CMD 17||HP 12/[12]|Fort:+4 ;Ref:+2 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +2 Human Chellish Male Fighter/1

Let us to see to that Orisiani Noble then... hopefully that will satisfy Friend Dunn, Luccinus says somewhat magnanimously.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Gunslinger/1

My frightfully glum companion, I have no concern for one mission or the other. As long as there is mysteries, exploration and antiquities to be claimed in the name of the Society I am content. Dunn bows sweeping his hat in a wide flourish. Please my friend lead the way. I shall watch behind us. With that Dunn leans against the wall until all have exited and takes up his a position at the back of the group.

Sczarni

Male Half Orc Druid (Saurian Shaman) 8
Stats:
HP:59/59 || AC: 24, touch: 14, flat-footed: 23 || Fort: +8, Ref: +6, Will: +1; +4 vs. spell-like and SN Fey abilities/effects that work on plants. Init: +3 Perception: +16/18 vs traps and secret doors

Vermin comments. Thanks for the excellent back up my new teammates. Knowing I can count on you will embolden me further in the future. On to the next task. The venture captain was clear. We are not to return until all tasks are complete. I would like to go and see this paladin next.

He moves quickly out of house and as they exit he leans towards Luccinus. If you do go back for a, er, social visit, you should use protection. I recommend full plate mail.


Looks like one for Osirian noble and one for paladin. Any others want to chime in on destination?

Silver dagger counts as a masterwork silver dagger. (+1 attack for mwk, -1 damage for silver) You can keep it until the end of your adventure, but you may purchase it anytime to keep forever. Mundane items (non-magical) are always available for purchase. Even rare metals and masterwork items.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Gunslinger/1

Dunn speaks up loud enough to be heard from the back of the party. I too would want to meet this paladin. However, as our friend pointed out earlier, they are least likely to take offense and I think we really should secure the Societies rights to the vaults. That being said Dremdhet Salhar is not a very well known nobleman. Osirion is the land of old pharaohs and ancient artifacts, and I know they are always searching for ancient knowledge. It seems strange that they would be giving up this opportunity...I have heard rumors around town that Dremdhet Salhar has recently received a very important guest as well... As I recall, nothing was ever said about this persons identity.

Dark Archive

Init +2|AC18(21)/Touch12/Flatfoot16/CMD 17||HP 12/[12]|Fort:+4 ;Ref:+2 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +2 Human Chellish Male Fighter/1

Very good Friend Dunn, Dremdhet Salhar is a Nobleman, even if not in high fame or popularity. It would be wise to see to his needs next.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Gunslinger/1

Again I must advise caution here as this is a potentially dangerous man who seems to be acting out of character. With his peace being said, the young man reverts to his normal cheery self. Whistling a delightful tune as they make their way down to the city streets.


Okidoke, time to go to see the scholar

You start walking towards the Wise Quarter, eager to continue your tasks and prove your worth to the Pathfinder Society. You pass through some market stalls and bars, but the trip is uneventful.

Perception 10:
The Wise Quarter is definitely a richer part of town, with taller and more opulent buildings than most of Absalom. Not high nobility for sure, but definitely rich residents.

Perception 15:
You do notice a man watching your group more intently that the commoners passing by, from across the street. However, as a throng of people move between you and the observer, he seems to have disappeared into the crowd.

You make your way to the rich estate of Grand Councilmember Dremdhet Salhar, and are greeted by a guard who is expecting you as you reach the tall, wrought-iron gate. Once inside, a servant begins escorting you to the study.

"I am sorry Pathfinders, but Master Salhar is not present, called away on important Council business, but his most trusted advisor is available to negotiate any business you may require," the servant explains while leading you down well decorated hallways, past expansive rooms.

After a few minutes, you all arrive at a simple study near the end of a long hallway. Inside, a tan-skinned old man sits behind a desk flipping through pages in a large tome. Scraps of paper jut from the book marking over two dozen different places. As you approach the open door, the wise sage silently gestures you into the study with one thin hand, while closing the tome with the other after finishing what he was reading. Once you are all inside the study, he raises his head to address you.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human AC14/Touch11/Flatfoot13/CMD 14 || HP 14 || Init +5 || Perception +0; Sense Motive +5 || Fort:+4; Ref:+1; Will+2

Xavier falls in, a few steps in front of Dunn. "I am concerned for our future. We spend more time discussing what to do next than we spend doing," he says, to no one in particular.


His pic uploaded

"Good day to you, Pathfinders. I am Amenopheus, the Sapphire Sage, advisor to Master Salhar. I understand you were sent here to discuss archaeological permissions. Knowing this was coming, I spoke with Master Salhar at length on the subject and have this to say."

"Since Osirion was reopened to exploration a decade ago, adventurers, historians, and treasure-seekers flock to my country by the hundreds, perhaps thousands. While most families with ancestral burial vaults maintain guards and keep their sites out of the hands of casual thieves, not all families have the wealth or power to restrict everyone, and as we all know, not every defense is perfectly secure. Unscrupulous tomb robbers and maligned merchant organizations cause Osirion to bleed relics into the Inner Sea—something the descendents of Ancient Osirion cannot afford. We Osiriani have thousands of years of rich history coursing through our veins, and while that power has been out of focus in recent years, we are content to wait, knowing our enemies will wear themselves down. As they fall into arrogance, folly, or greed, we wait for our return to power, knowing we bear the riches of our ancestors at our feet."

"Master Salhar remains impressed by the Pathfinder Society, orating in their favor a handful of times in front of Absalom’s Grand Council, in fact. Due to previous relationships between him and the Society, Master Salhar has agreed to grant permission to the Pathfinder Society to explore his family’s vaults below Sothis. The only thing he requires is that you retrieve the map of the vaults from his
own vault here. The servant will lead you to the basement and show you the room."

The Sapphire Sage’s eyes twinkle as he smirks knowingly, then he turns back to reading.

You may ask him questions, although you get the impression he is done talking to you.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Gunslinger/1

Perception:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11Dunn enters the room silently. He looks the man over and attempts to read the title of the book he was reading. It seems odd that it should require heavily armed men to retrieve this map from ones own vault. Tell me, if you will, why is this?

51 to 100 of 1,475 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Nel's First Steps Series All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.