Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

First Steps

Game Master CRobledo

In your first mission as a Pathfinder agent, the head of the Grand Lodge sends you on a number of missions throughout the metropolis of Absalom, pitting you against traps,thieves, and even an unruly devil, all in the pursuit of knowledge.


1 to 50 of 1,475 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Missive wrote:

Greetings Pathfinder,

I hope this letter finds you well, agent. I need you to come to the Grand Lodge as soon as possible, I hope you are ready for your first assignment. Make your preparations, and I will meet you there tomorrow.

For the Decemvirate,

Venture-Captain Ambrus Valsin

First post placeholder

Sczarni

Male Half Orc Druid (Saurian Shaman) 6
Stats:
HP:45/45 || AC: 22, touch: 14, flat-footed: 19 || Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will: +9; +4 vs. spell-like and SN Fey abilities/effects that work on plants. Init: +3 Perception: +15/16 vs traps and secret doors

Vermin looks fearfully at the grand Lodge in Absalom. This very fine building. Maybe too fine for Vermin. Maybe it bad idea to go inside. What they know anyway? And if they know maybe they not want teach Vermin.

Standing on the stairs of the Grand lodge the morning he was to report, Vermin looks doubtful. He is obviously out of place and he looks around for someone to encourage or support him in either going in, or retreating. Seeing another recruit he tentatively speaks in broken common. Hullo. You want be Pathfinder too?


You have found your way to the teeming metropolis of Absalom — the City at the Center of the World. Here the Pathfinder Society makes its home, and Pathfinders from all over the world consider Absalom a second home. A settlement of over 300,000 souls, Absalom boasts many districts that are virtually cities unto themselves.

You now have arrived at the Grand Lodge of Absalom, the headquarters of the Pathfinder Society, after having been summoned by its Venture-Captain, Ambrus Valsin. You are greeted by some of the fellow recruits roaming the halls that completed the basic training with you.

Gear in hand, you are escorted to a waiting room near the Venture-Captain's office. Inside, you find that a few other individuals have already assembled here, awaiting orders...

This is a good time to either introduce yourself to your companions-to-be, and/or describe yourself and what the other players see when you enter the room

Cheliax

Init +2|AC18(21)/Touch12/Flatfoot16/CMD 17||HP 12/[12]|Fort:+4 ;Ref:+2 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +2 Human Chellish Male Fighter/1

Greetings, rumbles a large armoured man in a basso voice, I am Luccinus de Concorezio. I suspect we are all here for the same reason, no? To serve the famous Pathfinder Society and hopefully, become one of its number - this would be a fine thing, would it not?

He clicks his boot heels together as he introduces himself.

There can be no doubt as to his physical prowess - he is wide of shoulder, deep in chest and large in stature. His face is young, somewhat pale and his dark hair is cropped short in a warriors cut.

His accent is a mix of Absolom and Cheliaxian - presumably someone who has spent a few years here without being native. While well mannered in his greeting he isn't radiating warmth, but rather seeming like one going through the motions of 'correct' etiquette.


Male Human Paladin/ 1

“Greetings and well met” a young man replies, turning from a window that looks out over the city “I am Sohali Haddad of Katapesh”.

Sohali bows gently before straightening to a modest height. His clothing gives him the look of a priest, the deep purple robes of Pharasma over which he wears a well-worn suit of hide armour marking him as some kind of holy man. His skin is a deep dark mahogany and his eyes amber, both belying his Keleshite heritage. At his hip he wears a scimitar and across his back a quiver and unstrung longbow. His most notable trait asides from his Keleshite heritage is his well-maintained beard which he keeps trimmed and oiled into a sharp point below his chin.

“It is most pleasing to meet you” Sohali continues in his softly accented common “I am to presume that you are to be my compatriots?”

Cheliax

Init +2|AC18(21)/Touch12/Flatfoot16/CMD 17||HP 12/[12]|Fort:+4 ;Ref:+2 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +2 Human Chellish Male Fighter/1

It would be a reasonable expectation, but who can say at this point?, Luccinus replies.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human AC14/Touch11/Flatfoot13/CMD 14 || HP 14 || Init +5 || Perception +0; Sense Motive +5 || Fort:+4; Ref:+1; Will+2

A tall, pale man, jet black hair pulled back into a tight ponytail, calmly strides into the room. He nods curtly towards the three who have already arrived. "Is this where we wait?" he asks, the tone of his voice a mixture of bored and arrogant. As he sits, he reaches behind him and draws the long quarterstaff that was strapped to his back. It is obsessively polished and looks almost new.

"My apologies," he says. "I am Xavier Charlevesque from Westcrown. Are you all newly arrived here as well?"

Sczarni

Male Half Orc Druid (Saurian Shaman) 6
Stats:
HP:45/45 || AC: 22, touch: 14, flat-footed: 19 || Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will: +9; +4 vs. spell-like and SN Fey abilities/effects that work on plants. Init: +3 Perception: +15/16 vs traps and secret doors

Entering the room is a very large, very green, half orc. He slightly ducks at the doorway as he enters. He looks at the three humans already in the room and smiles somewhat shyly. Speaking with a Orcish accent he greets you. I am Vermin, newly arrived in Absalom. I too am here to join with the Pathfinders.

His hair is long but clean. He wears hide armor and carries a staff of well cured ash in one hand. A wooden shield is strapped to his backpack which he carries easily in his other hand. As he enters he sets the pack on the floor and sits down, taking up two of the human sized chair.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Gunslinger/1

A fair skinned man wearing a very wide brimmed hat comes clomping down the hallway, dressed in clothes cut more for practicality than for looks. A newly sewn patch on one knee and mud stained boots show him to be no stranger to traveling. A well worn pack hangs from one shoulder while his hand rests on the hilt of a rapier. A pistol rests comfortably across the front of his right hip. Tossing his pack on the ground lightly he removes his hat using it to dust the road off of his clothes. " Hey guys" he says cheerfully. "You guys here for your first assignment too?" Looking around the room he catches sight of Vermin. With a comical step backwards he says"Whoa! Your a big one aintcha!" and laughs heartily. "Names Dunn. Who are you?" thrusting his hand toward the enormous half-orc.

Cheliax

Init +2|AC18(21)/Touch12/Flatfoot16/CMD 17||HP 12/[12]|Fort:+4 ;Ref:+2 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +2 Human Chellish Male Fighter/1

Luccinus gives the new-comer a measured nod while maintaining a carefully blank face.

Sczarni

Male Half Orc Druid (Saurian Shaman) 6
Stats:
HP:45/45 || AC: 22, touch: 14, flat-footed: 19 || Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will: +9; +4 vs. spell-like and SN Fey abilities/effects that work on plants. Init: +3 Perception: +15/16 vs traps and secret doors
Dunn, Son of Absalom wrote:
" Hey guys" he says cheerfully. "You guys here for your first assignment too?" Looking around the room he catches sight of Vermin. With a comical step backwards he says"Whoa! Your a big one aintcha!" and laughs heartily. "Names Dunn. Who are you?" thrusting his hand toward the enormous half-orc.

Venon smiles at the newcomer but does not rise. His eyes are level with those of the standing man. As he takes the offered hand, grasping it quite firmly. It mostly disapears into the meaty paw that belongs to the half orc. Well met. I am Venon, druid of ruined lands, and newly arrived at the center of the world.


The room starts to feels a bit crowded with all 5 adventurers inside, but swiftly the door to Ambrus' office opens, and a clerk steps out.

"The Venture-Captain is ready for you now. Please come in."

With a swift gesture he motions for you to go inside. Once you are all in, the clerk closes the door behind you.

In front of you is the familiar Venture-Captain Ambrus Valsin, keeper of the Grand Lodge of Absalom. You have seen and heard him during your basic training, but he now has a more preoccupied look on his face.

He looks up at you and says, “All right, Pathfinders! Listen up. I know you are new recruits eager to make names for yourselves in the organization, but first we need to make sure you are up to snuff and won’t get yourself killed out there. I have a number of small assignments for you and your team, and it would be best if you could finish them before the day’s end.

“Every day we get some doe-eyed hopeful or some sniveling bootlicker willing to do anything to join up with the Pathfinders. Most of them are good kids, but not all of them have the salt to make it in a world like this. It’s rough out there and I’m not just talking about the ruins, tombs, and wilderness Pathfinders find themselves in on missions. We’ve got people who look down their noses at us, folks who think we squander our resources, and agents who want to take everything we have collected. This wealth of knowledge and these items of lore make us the most powerful organization on the planet. That said, since we are fractured and widespread, it’s difficult for that power to light on anything for too long. For every friend of the Society, there are two enemies.

“Your first mission, to test your mettle and loyalties, sends you to meet a few people important to the Society living here in Absalom. These are other venture-captains or close allies of our organization, so follow their orders as you would mine. I’ve prepared a list of things I want you to do. They’re not arranged in any particular order of importance, but I want them all completed as quickly as possible. Only report to me once you complete them all. Included in the envelope you hold in your hands is the list, complete with the name of your contact, and directions to the meeting location.”

Ambrus stretches out his hand with the envelope, awaiting for one of you to take it. "And please, don't make me or the society look bad."

Once someone takes his envelope, I'll put on Dropbox the handout. You may also want to ask any questions of Ambrus before heading out if you wish.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human AC14/Touch11/Flatfoot13/CMD 14 || HP 14 || Init +5 || Perception +0; Sense Motive +5 || Fort:+4; Ref:+1; Will+2

Xavier strides up to the desk to take the envelope. As he does so, he asks quietly, "Venture-Captain, I was wondering if you remembered meeting a young, Chelaxian woman named Cassandra? We were...acquainted...and I lost touch with her a little over a year ago when she came to Absalom to join the Society. Do you...possibly...remember her?"

Cheliax

Init +2|AC18(21)/Touch12/Flatfoot16/CMD 17||HP 12/[12]|Fort:+4 ;Ref:+2 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +2 Human Chellish Male Fighter/1

At the conclusion of the Venture-Captains words, again Luccinus nods but as it almost verges on a bow this time, it is evident it is with great respect.

He turns to Xavier and watches expectantly, waiting for him to open the orders and brief everyone.


Handouts sent

"Cassandra, Cassandra..., yes I do remember a Chelaxian woman here of that name, but it has been some time. If memory serves me correctly, she served at the Grand Lodge for some time, but might have been reassigned to a different lodge by now. I might be able to have our custodian of records look up the details while you are completing the errands."

Grand Lodge

Male Human Gunslinger/1

Dunn shakes the massive paw vigorously. "Great to meet you..." interrupted by the clerk coming into the room he trails off. He then turns to follow the clerk to see the Venture-Captain.
Once inside Dunn pulls a small journal, pen, and ink from a large belt pouch. Journal and ink in one hand he begins taking notes in a practiced manner.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human AC14/Touch11/Flatfoot13/CMD 14 || HP 14 || Init +5 || Perception +0; Sense Motive +5 || Fort:+4; Ref:+1; Will+2

Xavier nods at the Captain's words. His features remain stern, but soften slightly.

Turning to the group, he opens the envelope and reads the four tasks aloud. Then, he summarizes the orders. "So shall we head to the docks to help with the books, stop by the temple and help the orphans, make a visit to the Osirian noble or meet with the Paracountess? I am recently arrived in Absalom, so I'm not sure of the most expedient path. I will follow whatever the group decides." He hands the envelope to Luccinus.


Male Human Paladin/ 1

Sohali quietly follows the group into the office and stands near the back of the group listening to the venture-captain attentively. Smiling slightly near the end he nods and watches the young Chelaxian man stride forward to take the letter.

Cheliax

Init +2|AC18(21)/Touch12/Flatfoot16/CMD 17||HP 12/[12]|Fort:+4 ;Ref:+2 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +2 Human Chellish Male Fighter/1

Luccinus scans the sheet before handing it on to the Vermin, Would it be right to say that the Paracountess would seem to be highest placed of those whom we need to work with? The Orsirian may also hold noble title but the Paracountess is perhaps better situated to help us in our future careers.

Haven't read the orders yet - having dropbox issues

Grand Lodge

Male Human Gunslinger/1

Dunns interest visibly peaks at the mention of the books. "Books? What sort of books?" Capping his ink he strides over to Vermin and attempts to examine the note over the hulking mans shoulder."Are they old?"Barely pausing for a breath he continues "Oh man I wonder what the Paracountess has. Hey do you think we can explore the vault sir?" Dunn asks the Venture-Captain excitedly.

Cheliax

Init +2|AC18(21)/Touch12/Flatfoot16/CMD 17||HP 12/[12]|Fort:+4 ;Ref:+2 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +2 Human Chellish Male Fighter/1

If they are, then they'll keep - Her Grace's patience may not, he replies without much concern for Dunn's words.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Gunslinger/1

Dunn looks Luccinus in the eye. With an amused smile he pulls out his journal and begins a fresh page.

GM Nel:
Dunn makes a note in his journal that Luccinus is very concerned about proper etiquette.
When he is finished he clamps the book closed and returns the items once again. Already forgotten he asks Luccinus What do you suppose this item she has is? as if he may have a secret insight into the object.

Cheliax

Init +2|AC18(21)/Touch12/Flatfoot16/CMD 17||HP 12/[12]|Fort:+4 ;Ref:+2 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +2 Human Chellish Male Fighter/1

Best read the orders and divine such for yourself, he says steadily, looking to Vermin to finish reading them.


Male Human Paladin/ 1

“I will take my queue from my new compatriots” Sohali says as the group begins to discuss the contents of the letter “I will follow and do my best to assist our endeavours”.

The young Keleshite loosely folds his arms across his body and pulls at his robe’s sleeve, the only sign of nervous tension to be underway.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human AC14/Touch11/Flatfoot13/CMD 14 || HP 14 || Init +5 || Perception +0; Sense Motive +5 || Fort:+4; Ref:+1; Will+2

"I, for one, would endorse the decision to visit the countess first. It can be only wise to seek the favor of those of a higher...standing...than we hold currently. Are we in agreement?"

EDIT: Apologies for the alias.

Sczarni

Male Half Orc Druid (Saurian Shaman) 6
Stats:
HP:45/45 || AC: 22, touch: 14, flat-footed: 19 || Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will: +9; +4 vs. spell-like and SN Fey abilities/effects that work on plants. Init: +3 Perception: +15/16 vs traps and secret doors

Vermin reviews the list, holding it up to better allow Dunn to read over his shoulder. Hmm. Who is this Ollysta Zadrian lady? The Temple of the Shining Star sounds like a place were we should make friends. And she might be as important as the Paracountess. When he is done with the list he hands it over to Dunn so he can review it in detail.

After handing over the list over he comments to the entire group. The venture captain mentioned that "For every friend of the Society, there are two enemies." I know something about having enemies. We should be on our guard as we move through the city to do these deeds.

It does not matter what order we do these in to me.


We will wait on Vermin to carry on but for now, you may do these checks. Roll below and only open the spoilers you qualify for.

Knowledge (local) 10 or Diplomacy (Gather information) 13:

You know that the Paracountess is the official envoy of the Cheliax in Absalom.

Ollysta Zadrian is a retired Paladin, now serving as head of the Silver Crusade.

Knowledge (local) 15 or Diplomacy (Gather information) 18:

For a nobleman, Dremdhet Salhar is not very well known. You wonder if there something else going on here. You know Osirion is the land of old pharaohs and ancient artifacts, and you know they are always searching for ancient knowledge.

You recall guards discussing the name Guaril Karela. He may have been involved in some shady deals around own, but nothing has even been completely pinned on him.

Knowledge (local) 20 or Diplomacy (Gather information) 23:

You recall hearing the Silver Crusade is very active in helping orphanages in need. The Silver Crusade gives most of their tithe money away to charities such as those.

Paracountess Zarta is a proud noblewoman, embracing the Chelish ways to the letter. You wouldn't be surprised if she had a Demon or two serving her, even here in Absalom.

You have heard rumors around town that Dremdhet Salhar has recently received a very important guest in his home, but nothing about his or her identity.


Male Human Paladin/ 1

As Sohali takes a second look at the letter he tries to think of anything that comes to mind he’s heard around town in the last few days, any rumours or whispers that might be of interest.

Diplomacy
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

But, after a moment, he gently shakes his head unable to think of anything of interest.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human AC14/Touch11/Flatfoot13/CMD 14 || HP 14 || Init +5 || Perception +0; Sense Motive +5 || Fort:+4; Ref:+1; Will+2

Knowledge - Local: 1d20 ⇒ 5

Xavier tries to rack his brain to determine if he recognizes any of the names listed - he is unable to come up with anything valuable - so he remains silent.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Gunslinger/1

Dunn takes the list as it is offered. "Thanks." he murmmers as he begins to re-read the note. He lowers the note and takes on a more serious disposition. "Being as our first loyalties should lay with the Society I feel as though we should visit this Dremdhet Salhar fellow. Our first objective should be solidifying this agreement so that the society may investigate these chambers and learn what they can from them. He too is a noble after all...
Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
After mulling this thought over and re-reading the letter Dunn continues." Chelaxians, especially its nobles are known to consort with devils and demons. If we go there we must take care. As for the Salhar... I think there may be more to that as well...

GM Nel:
Should I convey all the info manually? Or can they just be allowed to read the spoilers as if I told them myself?

Sczarni

Male Half Orc Druid (Saurian Shaman) 6
Stats:
HP:45/45 || AC: 22, touch: 14, flat-footed: 19 || Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will: +9; +4 vs. spell-like and SN Fey abilities/effects that work on plants. Init: +3 Perception: +15/16 vs traps and secret doors

Venom wonders about these humans he has just read about.

Knowledge Local 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4

Diplomacy 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (15) - 2 = 13

But not being from around here he likely has not ever heard of them. And being large and green the local will not likely respond well to his questions.

edit based on rolls:

Oh, now I remember people talking in the street about Ollysta Zadrian. Knew I had heard that name before. She is a retired Paladin, now serving as head of the Silver Crusade.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human AC14/Touch11/Flatfoot13/CMD 14 || HP 14 || Init +5 || Perception +0; Sense Motive +5 || Fort:+4; Ref:+1; Will+2

Xavier bristles at Dunn's words. "Are you afraid of the demons, Gunslinger? If I am not mistaken, you are accompanied by two with Cheliaxian blood," he nods to Luccinus. "We will protect you from these 'devils' if necessary."

Relaxing slightly, he says "Come, let us be off in some direction. We have spent far too long talking. Let's visit Salhar first - if he truly is directly connected with the Society, it would be far better to incur his favor than his wrath at our delay."


Dunn:
I think it would be more fun if you paraphrased the knowledge as your character sees fit, but if its a lot of work, you can copy paste it and edit slightly.

Looks like we have 2 for Paracountess, 2 for Osirian, and Vermin undecided. Do we have a change of heart from the Chelish party members, or does Vermin want to cast a vote? (Not that this has to be a democracy) :)

Grand Lodge

Male Human Gunslinger/1

"I didn't catch your name friend but you shouldn't be so embarrassed by your people's tradions. Besides…" Dunn says with a sheepish grin "it's a foolish man who doesn't take care with demons. You should write that down." With that he slaps Vermin on the shoulder "Come my big friend! We've Pathfinder business to attend." and heads out of the room.

Cheliax

Init +2|AC18(21)/Touch12/Flatfoot16/CMD 17||HP 12/[12]|Fort:+4 ;Ref:+2 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +2 Human Chellish Male Fighter/1

Again it is best pointed out, one insults Chelish Nobility at their peril, it is a peril unwished for.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Gunslinger/1

"What insult? Is it not fact that Queen Abrogail herself has recruited the fiend Gorthoklek for one of her generals?" Dunn tosses over his shoulder, adding only "See? No insult, just fact." Jeesh! This guy is uptight! I for one find it all so fascinating." as he strides out the door.

Cheliax

Init +2|AC18(21)/Touch12/Flatfoot16/CMD 17||HP 12/[12]|Fort:+4 ;Ref:+2 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +2 Human Chellish Male Fighter/1

Luccinus is deadpan as he looks at the others.

Well, which should it be?


Male Human Paladin/ 1

"Perhaps we shall divide our efforts" Sohali suggests "I shall accompany Dunn the Gregarious, while you visit the Paracountess?"

Cheliax

Init +2|AC18(21)/Touch12/Flatfoot16/CMD 17||HP 12/[12]|Fort:+4 ;Ref:+2 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +2 Human Chellish Male Fighter/1

Luccinus shakes his head. The assignment is as much to test our mettle to work as a 'team' as much as lend assistance to those whom the Society seeks to show favour to.

Friend Dunn has taken off out the door without clear directions or communication with his 'team' - it would not be surprising if he waited a small distance from here for the rest of us.

It could be considered churlish to push or pull this team in a certain direction without due consideration. Friend Vermin has not yet cast a vote.


Male Human Paladin/ 1

“Not to cause antagonism” Sohali pauses for a moment “however, would not casting lots upon which direction to pursue an enemy through a maze or some other similar time dependant action cause us to flounder as well?”

“Perhaps we shall select one of ours as a leader for this time and perhaps rechoose at a later time if he proves unworthy?” Sohali suggests.

Sczarni

Male Half Orc Druid (Saurian Shaman) 6
Stats:
HP:45/45 || AC: 22, touch: 14, flat-footed: 19 || Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will: +9; +4 vs. spell-like and SN Fey abilities/effects that work on plants. Init: +3 Perception: +15/16 vs traps and secret doors

The druid considers for a moment. I am not familiar enough with the city to choose an order of tasks that would not require backtracking, but doing so might be good sense.

He considers further and you believe you can see the physical effort of his thought. That set aside, my vote would have been for the Paladin, for I expect her to be generous with her favors. But if we must choose between two others, I throw my considerable weight behind the Paracountess. From what I hear about this faction, Cheliax is most likely to take offense, even if no offense is given. And I do not seek trouble in this new city, so let us cater to the likely shorter fuse. Wisdom, no? The big green guy looks very satisfied with himself.

Cheliax

Init +2|AC18(21)/Touch12/Flatfoot16/CMD 17||HP 12/[12]|Fort:+4 ;Ref:+2 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +2 Human Chellish Male Fighter/1
GM Nel wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

Looks like we have 2 for Paracountess, 2 for Osirian, and Vermin undecided. Do we have a change of heart from the Chelish party members, or does Vermin want to cast a vote? (Not that this has to be a democracy) :)

Nah - it isn't but it makes Dunn look like an rash and insulting jerk and makes Luccinus seem like the voice of reason and moderation(Cheliaxians are into political manuevering). I am cool with whatever we do - I'm not being 'that guy' - in fact, he's willing to go where ever. His language, you may note, is in generalities and non committal

Cheliax

Init +2|AC18(21)/Touch12/Flatfoot16/CMD 17||HP 12/[12]|Fort:+4 ;Ref:+2 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +2 Human Chellish Male Fighter/1

Luccinus inclines his head to Vermin - conceding his point and as a mark of respect. The Paracountess it is - let us depart and pick up friend Dunn where he is lingering outside.


Ambrus looks a little astonished. "Well you got your orders. You can finish your... decision outside."

A knock on the door is heard, and a clerk escorts you outside. Standing in front of the Grand Lodge the team heads out to their first destination...

Looks like majority is for the paracountess so I'm going to assume you are heading that way for now. You may also shop if you need to on the way


Male Human Paladin/ 1

Sohali bows slightly to Ambrus "Forgive my compatriots and I, the eagerness of the first mission".

Sohali then quickly follows the group out into the street and begins the trek across town.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human AC14/Touch11/Flatfoot13/CMD 14 || HP 14 || Init +5 || Perception +0; Sense Motive +5 || Fort:+4; Ref:+1; Will+2

Xavier trails behind, a satisfied smile on his face. Even if he didn't directly influence the outcome, he did get his way. He looked forward to meeting this countess and seeing if she had any news from Cheliax.

I don't need to shop, but do we know where we're going?


Directions to your contacts are provided in the envelope from Ambrus, so getting directions is not required on this scenario.

Arriving at Paracountess Zarta Dralneen’s townhouse in the Ivy District—one of several homes the noblewoman keeps around Absalom—you come upon a magnificent gothic structure three stories in height. The ebon lacquered double doors wrought with gleaming silver fixtures greet the characters, a prickly brass cone hanging from a chain serving as the door chime. Moments after ringing it, a servant in loose casual attire opens the door.

"Ah, Pathfinders! Yes, yes... the mistress will be quite pleased! She will answer all your questions once we have reached her quarters. Please come, please come."

Led through well-appointed sitting rooms, ballrooms, and a grand stairway granting a view of an elaborate study, you finally arrive on the third floor of the house, at the door of Zarta’s personal study.

A large intricate carpet dominates the marble floor in this sitting room. A chaise sits along the north wall and a desk spans the southeast corner, its chair positioned with its back to the southwest corner of the room. Three comfortable chairs are positioned around a small, low circular table.

Sitting in the chair behind the desk, Paracountess Zarta Dralneen regards you with a wry smile, putting away a few papers before standing.

Sczarni

Male Half Orc Druid (Saurian Shaman) 6
Stats:
HP:45/45 || AC: 22, touch: 14, flat-footed: 19 || Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will: +9; +4 vs. spell-like and SN Fey abilities/effects that work on plants. Init: +3 Perception: +15/16 vs traps and secret doors

Venom keeps back, allowing his Cheliaxian teammates to speak first.


“Aldor, you are dismissed. Close the door behind you and attend to your other tasks.” She then turns her attention to the group.

“It’s always so incredibly adorable when I see a freshfaced batch of Pathfinders. I mean, look at you scrumptious little teacakes. I could eat each and every one of you up. Well, maybe not you.” Zarta points at Sohali. “I assume this isn't a pleasure visit since most of you are terribly overdressed for that manner of occasion, so that must mean you are here for that trinket Valsin has been nagging me about. Seems I can’t get that man around these parts anymore,” she gestures, sliding her hand down her body and widening the gesture to sweep out and across the room as if her home were a secondary thought. “On the good side, he always sends me all the precious new recruits."

“Many think we in Cheliax serve and worship devils, but that couldn't be further from the truth. In fact, we use the creatures for their power. They serve us and we sculpt their power in our own interests. The world must come to terms with the order of things. People need to know their place and operate accordingly. It is the only way to make order from this world. Too many people stretch too far beyond their station, making waves and eroding the true order.”

Perception 10:
Pretty loud clashes and clanking noises are coming from the bedroom, past the double doors on the far side of the room. Glass being broken, fabric being torn, and ceramic being thrown against the walls.

Perception 25:
Across the room from her desk, you notice a small crack on the far wall. There is possibly a door or window hidden next to the chaise

Zarta simply ends, "Now, the trinket is simply in my bedroom. You may take it whenever you please."


Male Human Paladin/ 1

Sohali takes a slight bow when singled out by the Paracountess.

"I apologize Paracountess" Sohali says humbly "If you would but let me know what has offended your palate I would adjust my seasoning".

Perception
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Sohali tilts his head for a moment as if listening to a distant ruckus.

"Simply claim the item from your bed chambers Paracountess?" Sohali asks.

1 to 50 of 1,475 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Nel's First Steps Series All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.