Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

First defence and last stand (Inactive)

Game Master Big OM

Manning the defences of Castle Firrine and surrounding lands in North-western Lastwall.


401 to 450 of 571 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Male Human Arcane Duelist 1, Init +3, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +3, 17 AC, 14 Touch, 13 FF, Rapier +3 (1d6+2)

Ah. After reading it, it would appear that we found a stone, and not another picture. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Scratch my last post and insert this instead.

"A stone! Ah, but this one doesn't look like our picture... What do we do now? Should we go back and tell the captain, or continue to see if we can find the stone they're looking for?" Darius asks.

Sczarni

Male Half-Orc Barbarian (Sea Reaver) 2 AC -4/10/14 (all down 2 when raging) Saves-5(6 raging)/1/-1(1 raging) Perception-4 Init-2

"I'd say lets search around first. Maybe it's still here, we can report back later" Logen does just that, rooting around for anything unusual

perception1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Nothing stands out to you it seems the orcs have camped here for a little while, possibly a few days. These orcs could be from the hold of Belkzen, but you're not sure; they don't wear any distinctive markings.


Male Human Arcane Duelist 1, Init +3, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +3, 17 AC, 14 Touch, 13 FF, Rapier +3 (1d6+2)

"Well, there is no sense just in going back if it's here. It is unfortunate that I'm not very good at tracking or searching, else I would help you more." Darius says to his group.

Sczarni

Male Half-Orc Barbarian (Sea Reaver) 2 AC -4/10/14 (all down 2 when raging) Saves-5(6 raging)/1/-1(1 raging) Perception-4 Init-2

Logen begins looking at the two found items again

can you repost the links to their pictures?


Male Human Arcane Duelist 1, Init +3, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +3, 17 AC, 14 Touch, 13 FF, Rapier +3 (1d6+2)

Do you think you found something?" Darius asks Logen.


I don't have a link for the second one, this is the drawing.

Sczarni

Male Half-Orc Barbarian (Sea Reaver) 2 AC -4/10/14 (all down 2 when raging) Saves-5(6 raging)/1/-1(1 raging) Perception-4 Init-2

Logen frowns "I can't make much o' these. Well for now lets head back, I think they might be missin' us soon"


Male Human Arcane Duelist 1, Init +3, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +3, 17 AC, 14 Touch, 13 FF, Rapier +3 (1d6+2)

"Sounds like a plan. We'll need to restock sometime as well." replies Darius.

Sczarni

Male Half-Orc Barbarian (Sea Reaver) 2 AC -4/10/14 (all down 2 when raging) Saves-5(6 raging)/1/-1(1 raging) Perception-4 Init-2

If nobody has any objections, I think i'll move this along
Logen continues his scouting for the party, staying ahead and checking in occasionally
Stealth1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Perception1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


Male Human Arcane Duelist 1, Init +3, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +3, 17 AC, 14 Touch, 13 FF, Rapier +3 (1d6+2)

Darius stays behind, making sure that no one sneaks up on the small group.

Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15


I'm back from the holidays.

The travel back to castle Firrine is without any major problems. You loose your directions a few times but regains it fast only wasting little time. It is however still night time when you arrive and having walked the last few hours in darkness the light of your new home is a welcome sight. After a little trouble getting in you're instructed to get some sleep and report in the morning.

You'll have an option to talk in the barracks before reporting if you need it. I plan on introducing Mirella here.

Sczarni

Male Half-Orc Barbarian (Sea Reaver) 2 AC -4/10/14 (all down 2 when raging) Saves-5(6 raging)/1/-1(1 raging) Perception-4 Init-2

Logen unloads his stuff and looks around "Not a bad day out, you guys are worthy companions, if a little uptight" He laughs and claps darius on the shoulder


Male Human Arcane Duelist 1, Init +3, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +3, 17 AC, 14 Touch, 13 FF, Rapier +3 (1d6+2)

"And you seem to have your landlegs!" Darius says with a big laugh clasping Logen on the shoulder as well, though not nearly as strong.

Ah. Stinging. Ah. is the thought going through Darius' mind as he rubs the shoulder Logen hit.


Status:
AC13/Touch13/Flatfoot10/CMD 12||HP: 7/[12]| Fort:+1;Ref:+5;Wil+3|Percept +2(+2 Familiar)/Sense Motive +0(+2 Familiar)|Init+3|Bolts: 0/10 used|Spell Save DC's 0: 14, 1: 15|Hex Save DC: 15|

The next day...

Mirela enters the mess hall at castle Firrine and looks up and down the long tables. A smile plays across her lips as she spots the some what rough looking halforc sitting next to the well groomed human. " That's got to be them. "

Watching them talk and eat for another minute or two Mirela then rearranges her features to a matronly scowl and marches over to their table. " Baccus and Wright? What are you doing down here? The Sgt Major was expecting your report at the crack of dawn! You've kept him waiting for more than half the hour! " she barks and then pauses to see if either man will splutter. Realising she hasn't kept her face straight a smile errupts onto her face "Ah I've never been any good at faking cross. ha haa! Graymoor did send me to get you though. Just to remind you to report in after you eat. I'm Mirela. "
Bluff: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Sczarni

Male Half-Orc Barbarian (Sea Reaver) 2 AC -4/10/14 (all down 2 when raging) Saves-5(6 raging)/1/-1(1 raging) Perception-4 Init-2

Originally when Mirela starts shouting, Logen looks up with a here we go again look, then after a moment a bit confused. After a minute when he gets a devilish smile on "Normally I'm not much for taking orders, but for you I might make an exception" he chuckles "Well met, ye can just call me Logen, especially since nobody really calls me captain this far from the deep blue"

How's that goblin i knocked out a little bit ago?


Male Human Arcane Duelist 1, Init +3, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +3, 17 AC, 14 Touch, 13 FF, Rapier +3 (1d6+2)

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 9

"You're a Captain? Of what?" Darius asks in disbelief.

Sczarni

Male Half-Orc Barbarian (Sea Reaver) 2 AC -4/10/14 (all down 2 when raging) Saves-5(6 raging)/1/-1(1 raging) Perception-4 Init-2

Logen chuckles "I remember when I first asked people in the army to address me as Captain, caused quite a bit of confusion. One little green welp actually jumped up and saluted me" he smiles at the memeory "I got a ship and a few men waiting fer me when this business is all done. The Reaver, she's a beauty, outruns most vessels and has a few contraptions that makes it excellent for boarding. But I can't be goin' and tellin ya all me secrets"


Your goblin is stored in the dungeon at the moment.

Let me know what you would like to do?

You need to report to in a some point, but feel free to visit your goblin first or sell some of the loot you collected. On a more crunch site of things, you'll gain a level a some point in the near future so begin to consider if you want to buy any mundane equipment, perhaps master crafted.

Sczarni

Male Half-Orc Barbarian (Sea Reaver) 2 AC -4/10/14 (all down 2 when raging) Saves-5(6 raging)/1/-1(1 raging) Perception-4 Init-2

"Want to go check on that goblin before we check in? Might get a little sometin else to say"


Male Human Arcane Duelist 1, Init +3, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +3, 17 AC, 14 Touch, 13 FF, Rapier +3 (1d6+2)

"That sounds like a wise idea, Logen. I shall leave it to you while I report to the lord. I've given speeches to him in the past, so this shall be easy for me."

And with that, Darius goes into his personal quarters and begins writing a summary that details their findings. It goes on to mention about the dead couple, the items the Goblins were trying to find, and that they were not able to complete the mission without further information. He then goes on to request increased supplies including extra rations, increased man power, and higher quality equipment. He also requests that the Goblin is properly dealt with, including an interigation, as well as adequate food and water.

Profession: Scribe: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

After finishing his wonderful report, Darius brings it to the lord of the castle.

"My lord, it is a great honor to be back in your presence. I wish to submit my report to you detailing what all had happened. And if you wish, I may also read it to you out loud."

Sczarni

Male Half-Orc Barbarian (Sea Reaver) 2 AC -4/10/14 (all down 2 when raging) Saves-5(6 raging)/1/-1(1 raging) Perception-4 Init-2

Let me see if i can match that eloquence

Logen walks into the goblins cell, banging his fist on the metal bars "Oi, wake up ugly! Here's yer chance to get free. All you gotta do is answer a few questions"


Status:
AC13/Touch13/Flatfoot10/CMD 12||HP: 7/[12]| Fort:+1;Ref:+5;Wil+3|Percept +2(+2 Familiar)/Sense Motive +0(+2 Familiar)|Init+3|Bolts: 0/10 used|Spell Save DC's 0: 14, 1: 15|Hex Save DC: 15|

Mirela follows Logen, wanting to see this goblin they caught but also to get a look at one of her new troop. " Mind if I tag along? " she asks following the halforc to the cells anyway.

As Logen walks into the goblins cell Mirela leans Her small frame against the cell bars and glares at the goblin.

Sczarni

Male Half-Orc Barbarian (Sea Reaver) 2 AC -4/10/14 (all down 2 when raging) Saves-5(6 raging)/1/-1(1 raging) Perception-4 Init-2

On the way to the cell
Logen grunts "I dont mind, things might get ugly if he's a little rude tho"


In the cell with the goblin.

As you walk down into the basement a couple of guards looks at the tro og you and inquires: "What do you want?

@ Darius - Just to be sure, who do you consider Lord of the castle?

Sczarni

Male Half-Orc Barbarian (Sea Reaver) 2 AC -4/10/14 (all down 2 when raging) Saves-5(6 raging)/1/-1(1 raging) Perception-4 Init-2

"Brought a prisoner in here, unconscious when I did and was going to question him when he woke up"


Looking over the two of you he mumbles: "Suit yourself. The keys are over on the wall." and points.


Status:
AC13/Touch13/Flatfoot10/CMD 12||HP: 7/[12]| Fort:+1;Ref:+5;Wil+3|Percept +2(+2 Familiar)/Sense Motive +0(+2 Familiar)|Init+3|Bolts: 0/10 used|Spell Save DC's 0: 14, 1: 15|Hex Save DC: 15|
Logen Baccus wrote:

On the way to the cell

Logen grunts "I dont mind, things might get ugly if he's a little rude tho"

" I'm sure I'll be able to handle it. " she replies with a smile.

Sczarni

Male Half-Orc Barbarian (Sea Reaver) 2 AC -4/10/14 (all down 2 when raging) Saves-5(6 raging)/1/-1(1 raging) Perception-4 Init-2

Logen approaches the cell and looks at the goblin for a moment before banging on the bars "Oi, wake up! I got some questions"


The goblin scrambles from it's rest hand hurries to one of the far away corners of the cell while hissing something at you.

If you speak goblin:

Pinky beasts, Gnot will kill you.


Status:
AC13/Touch13/Flatfoot10/CMD 12||HP: 7/[12]| Fort:+1;Ref:+5;Wil+3|Percept +2(+2 Familiar)/Sense Motive +0(+2 Familiar)|Init+3|Bolts: 0/10 used|Spell Save DC's 0: 14, 1: 15|Hex Save DC: 15|

Leaning against the cell bars trying to seem at ease Mirela looks to Logen to see if he understands the Goblin and then translates.
"He said Gnot will kill us... Not sure if he means himself?"
Then she looks to the Goblin and spits a question back at him in his own language.

Goblin:
"Who is Gnot? You?"

Sczarni

Male Half-Orc Barbarian (Sea Reaver) 2 AC -4/10/14 (all down 2 when raging) Saves-5(6 raging)/1/-1(1 raging) Perception-4 Init-2

Logen arcs an eye at Mirela, suddenly very glad he brought her along


A flash of surprise appears on the goblins face, but it quickly returns to it's hostile default.

Goblin:

I Gnot. Gnot betray mistress.

After answering the creature seems to regret its reply.


Status:
AC13/Touch13/Flatfoot10/CMD 12||HP: 7/[12]| Fort:+1;Ref:+5;Wil+3|Percept +2(+2 Familiar)/Sense Motive +0(+2 Familiar)|Init+3|Bolts: 0/10 used|Spell Save DC's 0: 14, 1: 15|Hex Save DC: 15|

Goblin:
" Look Gnot, your not in a position to be making threats. It could be comfortable for you here... or we could make it horrid! "
Mirela speaks in goblin, putting all the malice she can muster into her voice near the end of the sentence.
Goblin:
" So why don't you tell us all about this Mistress? In the common tongue if you can. "

Intimdate: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


Sorry, I looked earlier and forgot to reply.

Clearly afraid of Mirela the goblin pushes it self further away from the two of you and in a weeping voice answers:

Goblin:

Don't hurt Gnot, Gnot tell you. Mistress rules in swarm, mistress make Gnot's tribe serve her.


Status:
AC13/Touch13/Flatfoot10/CMD 12||HP: 7/[12]| Fort:+1;Ref:+5;Wil+3|Percept +2(+2 Familiar)/Sense Motive +0(+2 Familiar)|Init+3|Bolts: 0/10 used|Spell Save DC's 0: 14, 1: 15|Hex Save DC: 15|

No Probs I do it all the time.
Mirela translates for Logen.
" He says: Not to hurt him, he'll talk. Then he said that his mistress rules in swarm, that she makes his tribe serve her... Any idea what he's talking about? Any thing you'd like me to ask?"

Sczarni

Male Half-Orc Barbarian (Sea Reaver) 2 AC -4/10/14 (all down 2 when raging) Saves-5(6 raging)/1/-1(1 raging) Perception-4 Init-2

Logen gives the goblin a long look then says to Mirela "Who is the 'Mistress?'


Logen and Mirela

After Mirela has translate Logen's question the goblin looks puzzled as if it doesn't understands the question, then replys: "You not know Mistress? Not fear her? But she one of you.

Darius
Capt. Gauntwood looks up from his daily reports at you when you state your wish. "Very well Darius. It really is the Sgt. Major that handles debriefing, but I'll humour you for old times sake."

That statement is made assuming you worked for him as a scribe before joining the crusaders.


Male Human Arcane Duelist 1, Init +3, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +3, 17 AC, 14 Touch, 13 FF, Rapier +3 (1d6+2)

I do believe I had that as my backstory. Not by name, of course.

"Thank you, sir." Darius says.

Sczarni

Male Half-Orc Barbarian (Sea Reaver) 2 AC -4/10/14 (all down 2 when raging) Saves-5(6 raging)/1/-1(1 raging) Perception-4 Init-2

assuming mirela continues to translate

Logen raises his eyes in shock for a moment, then angrily asks him "Who! Who is she!?"


Darius:
The captain gestures with his hand. "Go on then."

Logen and Mirela:
The goblin stares at Logen when he questions it noticing his reaction. When Mirela translates it smiles briefly regaining a little courage. "She is Mistress, most wrathfull ruler of all, the queen of hex."

Sczarni

Male Half-Orc Barbarian (Sea Reaver) 2 AC -4/10/14 (all down 2 when raging) Saves-5(6 raging)/1/-1(1 raging) Perception-4 Init-2

Logen stares at him for a long time, a little past the point of comfort. Then he marches in and graps the goblin, pinning him against the wall and hissing through his teeth

"I suggest you give me a name before I rip your throat out"

Intimidate1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

do u want a cmb roll?


Male Human Arcane Duelist 1, Init +3, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +3, 17 AC, 14 Touch, 13 FF, Rapier +3 (1d6+2)

"Sir, I'll let you read that whilest I ready the rest of my troops. They are currently gathering intellegence from the captive prisoner. Is there anything you wish to let them know in the meantime?" Darius asks.


Status:
AC13/Touch13/Flatfoot10/CMD 12||HP: 7/[12]| Fort:+1;Ref:+5;Wil+3|Percept +2(+2 Familiar)/Sense Motive +0(+2 Familiar)|Init+3|Bolts: 0/10 used|Spell Save DC's 0: 14, 1: 15|Hex Save DC: 15|

Mirela is surprised by the goblins answer. Translating it somewhat holtingly for Logen.

Another witch?

She looks back and forth from Logen to the Goblin as the Halforc stares down Gnot and then jumps back as Logen pounces upon Gnot.
"Quick! Her name, he wants the mistress's name!" she says in Goblin.


I have been and still am a little ill from some upper airway infection.

Darius:
Nodding at your suggestion the captain takes your rapport, places it un top of a stack of papers and waves you off with a: "Thank you, I have notning at the moment."

Logen and Mirela
Whatever courage the goblin might have had left vanishes when Logen gets hold of it. Looking scared at Mirela for a translation, it stammers: "Mistress, Mistress. We call her only Mistress."

Sczarni

Male Half-Orc Barbarian (Sea Reaver) 2 AC -4/10/14 (all down 2 when raging) Saves-5(6 raging)/1/-1(1 raging) Perception-4 Init-2

"Mistress, I don't think thats quite what I needed. How about this, tell me what she looks like, how she talks, anything you can think of. Maybe you'll be able to breath by the end of the day"


Confused by Logen's reaction the goblin answers: "She like you, talks like you" and points at Mirela

Darius, where do you want to go now?


Male Human Arcane Duelist 1, Init +3, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +3, 17 AC, 14 Touch, 13 FF, Rapier +3 (1d6+2)

I think my allies would like to inform me on what is happening. I'll let them chat for just a little bit longer, then I'll pop in.


Status:
AC13/Touch13/Flatfoot10/CMD 12||HP: 7/[12]| Fort:+1;Ref:+5;Wil+3|Percept +2(+2 Familiar)/Sense Motive +0(+2 Familiar)|Init+3|Bolts: 0/10 used|Spell Save DC's 0: 14, 1: 15|Hex Save DC: 15|

Ok... Uh... Did the Goblin say that in common?

" What?! " Mirela exclaims completely surprised.

Goblin:
" Look little scum bag, you clear this up now! I've never had any goblin tribe serve me! "

She backs up a bit from Logen and the goblin and looking to Logen she says " I swear, I have no idea what he's talking about. He must have mistaken me for someone else. "

Sczarni

Male Half-Orc Barbarian (Sea Reaver) 2 AC -4/10/14 (all down 2 when raging) Saves-5(6 raging)/1/-1(1 raging) Perception-4 Init-2

oh god, now Logen has to sense motive lol

Darius glances sideways at Mirela, and takes a long moment to consider her. Then he look back at the goblin

Sense motive goblin1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8
Sense motive mirela1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4

401 to 450 of 571 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / First defence, last stand Gameplay thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.