Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


First defence and last stand (Inactive)

Game Master Big OM

Manning the defences of Castle Firrine and surrounding lands in North-western Lastwall.


301 to 350 of 571 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

The man walks over to the woman and puts his arm around her "Don't worry, it's over now." He turns his head towards you and answers: "We lived in a small hamlet back that way." He points to the way you came and continues: "The goblins caught us unaware, killed the others and burned the houses down. They seamed to be searching for something." He grins this perhaps and fishes out a piece of slate from in side his clothes. He hand the piece to Sir Gerard, "It's properly better for you to have it anyway."

The slate doesn't match the drawing you have but is similar, so another piece of something perhaps?

Sczarni

Male Half-Orc Barbarian (Sea Reaver) 2 AC -4/10/14 (all down 2 when raging) Saves-5(6 raging)/1/-1(1 raging) Perception-4 Init-2

Logen piles up the loot and walks over "Some normal gear, nothing too interesting" He looks at the slate, then asks the man "What are these, why do the goblins want em?"


"They're from that burned village we passed. Here's another drawing like the one we have." he answers Logen. Turning to the young man, Gerard asks him, "Do you know what this is, or why the goblins would be looking for it? Do you know where they were taking you?"


The woman's crying turns into sopping as the man answers you: "I'm not sure my father gave it to me and asked me to keep it safe. I thinking he might have said it was part of a tablet. I guess that is why the goblins where looking for it. I'm not sure where we were going I guess the next hamlet from our direction, but your guess is as good as mine."

Sczarni

Male Half-Orc Barbarian (Sea Reaver) 2 AC -4/10/14 (all down 2 when raging) Saves-5(6 raging)/1/-1(1 raging) Perception-4 Init-2

Logen frowns "We need ta cut em off. Or we can bait em...we do have some of these things they're looking for"

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Druid 1

Holy crap I just chekced here, and it wasn't letting me know this game was getting updated. Sunuiva crap

"they are definitely scouring for something... and this means they don't have everything they need... you suppose they will start coming for us now?"

Sczarni

Male Half-Orc Barbarian (Sea Reaver) 2 AC -4/10/14 (all down 2 when raging) Saves-5(6 raging)/1/-1(1 raging) Perception-4 Init-2

"If my guess is any good there's a bunch o' pieces that fit together for sometin, and they prolly can't do it without all of em. It'd be better if we baited em away from attacking other hamlets"


"We have to go back and follow the other group that split off from this one at the last village. Otherwise we have no idea where the other goblins would be. How are we going to bait them if we aren't in communication with them and don't know where they are? After we find them, that would be an excellent idea. No more of this running after them crap." Gerard chimes in.


Male Human Arcane Duelist 1, Init +3, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +3, 17 AC, 14 Touch, 13 FF, Rapier +3 (1d6+2)

"This is all very interesting, but what shall we do with these civillians?" asks Darius.


"Do you two know where Castle Firrenne is?" Gerard asks the young man and woman.


They both nod and the young man answers: "Yes I think, but it's almost a days walk from here and who knows what might else be out here?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

"Yeah, who knows? Go find out. We do know however that there are more goblins most likely headed for another village at this very moment. We don't want what happened to you to happen to anyone else. I will ask good Sir Volniq to accompany you back to the Castle. We are needed elsewhere. You must be brave my lad." Gerard says smiling, he slaps the boy heartily on his shoulder.

There ya go, Nimon written out of the game without getting killed. The party gets to go keep having fun.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Druid 1

Vaslo searches over the goblin corpses for anyhting that they might have missed while Gerard speaks to the freed humans.
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
After searching, he lets Zeke drag a goblin corpse away for a meal.


Male Human Arcane Duelist 1, Init +3, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +3, 17 AC, 14 Touch, 13 FF, Rapier +3 (1d6+2)

"Alright. We have a few more pieces of this puzzle, but I feel like we need to... I don't know... continue searching for more? Does that work?" asks Darius.

Sczarni

Male Half-Orc Barbarian (Sea Reaver) 2 AC -4/10/14 (all down 2 when raging) Saves-5(6 raging)/1/-1(1 raging) Perception-4 Init-2

"We might want to check up on the other hamlets"


The last thing you hear before the three leaves you is the young woman whispering: "Thank you for saving us." Then the three sets course for Castle Firrine.

Vaslo searches the corpses, but realises that Logen striped them for anything of interest.


"There was another trail of a group of goblins that split off from the others was there not? We could go back and follow it. Otherwise we might just end up wandering around randomly."


Male Human Arcane Duelist 1, Init +3, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +3, 17 AC, 14 Touch, 13 FF, Rapier +3 (1d6+2)

"That would take time. I fear for the safety of the other hamlets." Darius says.


DM, where are we relative to the other Hamlets? Would it be faster to check on them or go back to the trail?


The way I see it the last of the hamlets are south of here. It wouldn't matter much if you headed back to the trail except it might be easier to maintain the right direction.


You all head back along the trail you followed, since this is a known path Zeke walks along the rest of you not racking. He is somewhat playful pushing to some of you as you head along the path. It is somewhat faster travelling home than out. When you head through the burned out hamlet both the man and woman are visibly emotional affected. You make a short stop as they gather a few belongings from their burned out house. As before the hike is uneventful and you reach the point where the paths split without and disturbances. Sir Voldniq escorts the survivors along the path you came from earlier to day and you turn east towards a new trail leading into Lastwall and further into the hills south west of Castle Firrine.

So now you're heading east / south east. I need a tracking check from Zeke or whoever is due the tracking :D

Btw I have begun looking for a replacement for Nimon and at some point I would like for you to let me know what you think.


Vaslo urges Zeke to pick up the scent of the other track and after roaming around the make shift break site he pick up the scent at heads east at a pace slow enough to follow into the surrounding hills.

Zeke's tracking: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

Sczarni

Male Half-Orc Barbarian (Sea Reaver) 2 AC -4/10/14 (all down 2 when raging) Saves-5(6 raging)/1/-1(1 raging) Perception-4 Init-2

Logen sees the hills and turns to the party "Im gonna scout ahead again"

Perception1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Stealth1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


It would seem Vaslo isn't posting much atm so I'll gmpc to move this along.

The track moves in the valleys between the hills and as you follow it you head further in to Lastwall. To the best of your knowledge no hamlets or large structures lies in this area. At some point Castle Firrine will be north of you and further inland you'll reach Kestrel River but that is more than a day march away.

Following the track it widens but the size of the tracks doesn't increase. The goblins you're tracking must be more comfortable here.

@Logen Scouting ahead everything is normal, you manage to catch a glimps of a few hares and a falcon but nothing out of the ordinary. after some time however you notice a thin pillar of smoke in the horizon, it could be from a fire.

A knowledge local everyone, please


Male Human Arcane Duelist 1, Init +3, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +3, 17 AC, 14 Touch, 13 FF, Rapier +3 (1d6+2)

As an Arcane Duelist, I don't have Bardic Knowledge, so I can't roll for Knowledge Local.

Sczarni

Male Half-Orc Barbarian (Sea Reaver) 2 AC -4/10/14 (all down 2 when raging) Saves-5(6 raging)/1/-1(1 raging) Perception-4 Init-2

dont have it either

Logen makes his way down a hill and returns to the party "I see some smoke up ahead, just a bit. I'd guess a campfire or something similar"


Male Human Arcane Duelist 1, Init +3, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +3, 17 AC, 14 Touch, 13 FF, Rapier +3 (1d6+2)

"We're dealing with a bunch of wandering Goblins, and we see a fire up ahead... Let's be a little bit more careful this time, ok?" Says Darius.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Druid 1

Vaslo smiles at Darius's comment and turns to Logen, "Do you think you could get close enought o observe them while remaining unseen?"

Sczarni

Male Half-Orc Barbarian (Sea Reaver) 2 AC -4/10/14 (all down 2 when raging) Saves-5(6 raging)/1/-1(1 raging) Perception-4 Init-2

Logen smiles when Darius cautions him and scratches his chin "Probably, as long as there's still hills"

How's the terrain looking around the source of the smoke? If we're not close enough to tell I'll get closer


From your current vantage point it would seem as though the hills continue, moving closer your first assessment is confirmed.

To acquire this information you have moved closer but are still well within a safe distance.

Sczarni

Male Half-Orc Barbarian (Sea Reaver) 2 AC -4/10/14 (all down 2 when raging) Saves-5(6 raging)/1/-1(1 raging) Perception-4 Init-2

Ok I plan on belly crawling my way up the hill to look over it

Stealth1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Perception1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14


Oh, you are so close? Fine by me, I'll find my tome of unspeakable horrors.

As you peak above the top of the hill you see an orc looking straight at you. Ducking back down you expect the worst but it is silent, no yells. Carefully you peak back over the hilltop and see that the orc has returned to eating. With is 3 other orc and 2 goblins sitting around a fire eating some roasted animal, you think. They are not speaking high enough for you to catch what they're saying but they gesture at each other. To your surprise the goblins don't seem that afraid.

Dices:

Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18
Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3
Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11
Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4
Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8
Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13

Sczarni

Male Half-Orc Barbarian (Sea Reaver) 2 AC -4/10/14 (all down 2 when raging) Saves-5(6 raging)/1/-1(1 raging) Perception-4 Init-2

Logen takes a minute to slowly crawl his way back down, then gets up and sneaks his way back to the party. "There's four orcs and two goblins eating together, I don't think they noticed me. What's odd is those two kinds gettin along, don't sit right with me"


Male Human Arcane Duelist 1, Init +3, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +3, 17 AC, 14 Touch, 13 FF, Rapier +3 (1d6+2)

"Well, you know those Greenskin types. Maybe they thought they could burn and pillage more with the two of them teamed up than seperate, if they thought at all." says Darius.


"Well, lets attack them before they finish. I'll knock out one of the goblins for interrogation. Sound good?"

Sczarni

Male Half-Orc Barbarian (Sea Reaver) 2 AC -4/10/14 (all down 2 when raging) Saves-5(6 raging)/1/-1(1 raging) Perception-4 Init-2

Logen breathes in the cold air for a moment "Orcs fight hard and dirty if they're gonna lose, and there's four of em there. This won't be easy"


"Did they have ranged weapons? We could shoot at them from the top of the hill. Perhaps Vaslo can do that plant trick again, to keep them down there or at least slow them down. If we all focus on one and get off a few good shots I think we can win it."

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Druid 1

Vaslo think for a moment. And then speaks, his voice filled with a cold hard hatred, "No, a direct assault only give us a partial elemnt of surprise. I say we lure them out and ambush them. Logen, I and Zeke can hide while someone baits the gorup out of their camp site. We attack when they pass between the pincer and not only surprise them, but divide their attention. I believe it is a sound strategy... and a excellent way to kill the vile orcs.. no offense Logen."

Sczarni

Male Half-Orc Barbarian (Sea Reaver) 2 AC -4/10/14 (all down 2 when raging) Saves-5(6 raging)/1/-1(1 raging) Perception-4 Init-2

"Orcs are dumb monsters who deserve every bit of the hatred you give them" Logen starts picking at his sword hilt, looking down. He glances sideways at the party "It's a good plan. Perhaps we can alter the terrain to our advantage too, with something to trip them or making the ground muddy"

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Druid 1

Vaslo nods, "As you have seen I have a spell that can tangle my enemies in vines. I coudl easily ambush them with that. Hindered mobility, element of surprise, and the enemy will be surrounded. I believe that will be enough to seal their fate. Does anyone else have any suggestions?"


Male Human Arcane Duelist 1, Init +3, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +3, 17 AC, 14 Touch, 13 FF, Rapier +3 (1d6+2)

"And by someone... you mean me, right? I think it's a nice idea to lure them out, but I don't see us getting through them without one of us getting seriously hurt." says Darius. His voice is not filled with confidence, but it isn't filled with fear, either.


"There is neither time nor terrain to set up a complex ambush here. If you can entangle them again, the hill and surprise will give us the advantage we need. We pop over the hill, raining arrows at them while you cast your spell. If one or two get out, we can deal with them individually. Once they finish their meal, they may move on or at a minimum will be more alert. We should act now."


Male Human Arcane Duelist 1, Init +3, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +3, 17 AC, 14 Touch, 13 FF, Rapier +3 (1d6+2)

"Sounds like a plan, you lead us on, Sir."


"Lets go. Vaslo, when you're ready cast your spell, and that will be the trigger to attack. I'll hang back a few paces, I'm loud as hell in this armor." Once everyone is ready with their ranged weapons out, Gerard will creep up the hill as quietly as he can his longbow ready.

Taking ten on stealth for a 2. Will stay back 20 feet from the rest of the group.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Druid 1

Vaslo grumbles a bit of an agreement and crouches himself low as he silently clambers up the hill ready to cast his spell.

Stealth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Assuming everyone is in place I will cast entangle on the group. If not, then Vaslo holds off

- Well I might as well not btoher rolling for zeke . I'm just going to assume I cast entangle then lol. yay natural 1's...


You can take ten so you don't roll ones ~_~. Not that it's gonna matter much with my 2 (even with the +2 for being 20 ft. back.)


As you sneak up the hill you can't overhear how much noise Sir Gerard makes. Your best guess is that the Orcs won't either. As Logen, Vaslo, Darius and Zeke reaches the crest of the hill you notice that the 6 monsters are still eating. It is only a matter of time before they'll notice you.

The distance from the crest of the hill to the orcs is 60 ft. It is downhill and they are sitting out in the open around a fire. All the monsters are sitting close to their gear.

Logen, Vaslo, Darius and Zeke will be able to act in a surprise round after that it's initiative

Logen does notthing in the surprise action waiting for your plan to unfold.

I'll assume everyone takes 10 on the check. Logen 15, Vaslo 13, Zeke 17, Darius 12, Gerard 2

Dices:

Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3
Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7
Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10
Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15

Intiative:
Logen: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Vaslo: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17, We'll use your initiative for Zeke.
Darius: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Sir Gerard: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Orcs: 1d20 ⇒ 1
Goblins: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Intiative:
Logen 21
Vaslo and Zeke 17
Goblins 15+
Sir Gerard 15-
Darius 11
Orcs 1


I can't move up the crest as my surprise round action? I'm aware that combat will be starting.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Druid 1

Vaslo stretches out hsi hands as his eyes glow green. Power seems to come in waves of Vaslo as the Orcs campsite suddenly erupts in twisting tangling vines. Zeke paces protctively in front of his master should any orcs break free.


Male Human Arcane Duelist 1, Init +3, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +3, 17 AC, 14 Touch, 13 FF, Rapier +3 (1d6+2)

Darius waits next to Vaslo, congradulating him for doing such a magnificent job casting the spell. Darius has started his 2nd round of Bardic Performance today. When you ping off your shots, add +1 to hit and damage. Of course, I'm after the goblins, but it'll help for next turn.

301 to 350 of 571 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / First defence, last stand Gameplay thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.