Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


First defence and last stand (Inactive)

Game Master Big OM

Manning the defences of Castle Firrine and surrounding lands in North-western Lastwall.


201 to 250 of 571 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Take 20 to examine the trails. Looking for foot prints/shoe prints. Mainly to see if they are goblin sized, or bigger.


Male Human Cavalier Order of the Star/ Stalwart Defender

Sir Voldniq will maintain overwatch while mounted. Looking out for any sign of something approaching.

Sczarni

Male Half-Orc Barbarian (Sea Reaver) 2 AC -4/10/14 (all down 2 when raging) Saves-5(6 raging)/1/-1(1 raging) Perception-4 Init-2

Logen examines closely what is in the campsite, leaving the actual tracking to Vaslo

I guess if Paschal is taking 20 I'll take 20 as well


Sorry about the silent weekend.

While examining the campsite you notice that the way the bones are scatter seams to indicate that what ever the ate here sad in a circle. As you wander the campsite you find that nothing is left behind besides to bones. A closer look on the on both tracks they appear to be of the small size, both smaller than yours. As you search the campsite Zeke sits eagerly by the site where the track splits into two. From his higher vantage point Sir Voldniq sees nothing out of the ordinary.

Sczarni

Male Half-Orc Barbarian (Sea Reaver) 2 AC -4/10/14 (all down 2 when raging) Saves-5(6 raging)/1/-1(1 raging) Perception-4 Init-2

"Well they weren't rushed, they didn't leave anytin of value. Which trail should we folla?"

Can we get a reminder/description of where surrounding towns are and where the trails lead?


Male Human Cavalier Order of the Star/ Stalwart Defender

I will trust the druid's tracking and his pet's nose to choose wisly. I am not much for tracking. If both trails are equal than the one that goes in the direction of the closest hamlet has my vote.


"Sound assessment Voldniq. Let's do that." Gerard says. "Both trails appear to have been made by goblins. Or something goblin sized. Can't say much beyond that with my level of skill."


@ Logen - As you recall from some of the drawn maps back at Castle Firrine, there are no hamlets east of here within a reasonable travel distance. They are on the other side of the castle. However some smaller hamlets 3 or 4 lay south of here.

Sczarni

Male Half-Orc Barbarian (Sea Reaver) 2 AC -4/10/14 (all down 2 when raging) Saves-5(6 raging)/1/-1(1 raging) Perception-4 Init-2

"Aint much east of here for quite a ways, wanna try the southern route?"

Thx DM

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Druid 1

Vaslo nods to Logen, "I agree, we are here to protect the people, it's much more beneficial then to head to where there are people to protect"

Vaslo the directs Zeke to follow the southern route.

Still using the previous score or do you want me to re-roll?


Male Human Arcane Duelist 1, Init +3, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +3, 17 AC, 14 Touch, 13 FF, Rapier +3 (1d6+2)

Lets be a little careful while tracking."


@Vaslo - No we'll continue with the roll unless you object? If you do feel free to roll then.

Are you ready to move on or do you want to roleplay more at this location?

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Druid 1

No objection and I'm ready

Vaslo urges Zeke forward whispering in eleven to him. He looks back over his shoulder as he begins to move forward, "You guys coming?"

Sczarni

Male Half-Orc Barbarian (Sea Reaver) 2 AC -4/10/14 (all down 2 when raging) Saves-5(6 raging)/1/-1(1 raging) Perception-4 Init-2

"Aye, I'll keep an eye out again"
Logen again takes the front, finding high ground or climbing trees


Gerard follows, bow at the ready, looking and listening for threats as best he can.

Sczarni

Male Half-Orc Barbarian (Sea Reaver) 2 AC -4/10/14 (all down 2 when raging) Saves-5(6 raging)/1/-1(1 raging) Perception-4 Init-2

Oh right, dice rolls lol
Stealth1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Perception1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


Male Human Arcane Duelist 1, Init +3, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +3, 17 AC, 14 Touch, 13 FF, Rapier +3 (1d6+2)

Darius quietly follows the group.


Male Human Cavalier Order of the Star/ Stalwart Defender

Sir Voldniq follows allowing himself to be the most obvious target on top a horse, but using this hieght advantage to percieve possible threats ahead.


Finally allowed to move on Zeke pushes on. Focussed on the track he keeps a speed where the party is able to follow. You soon loose the visable track and are once again forced to relay on Zeke's nose. Logen moves up the hills like he did earlier, but this time he make more noises.

After an hour Logen notice a pillar of smoke directly south of you. It seams to be 5 to 10 minutes ahead. Soon after the rest of you notices it. Zeke tracks on.

Sczarni

Male Half-Orc Barbarian (Sea Reaver) 2 AC -4/10/14 (all down 2 when raging) Saves-5(6 raging)/1/-1(1 raging) Perception-4 Init-2

"Im gonna go see whats up there before we just jump in"
Stealth1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Perception1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Male Human Cavalier Order of the Star/ Stalwart Defender

Sounds good, just please report back to us with what you see so we can have a plan of attack. I want to save the people, but we can not do that divided. Sir Voldniq says as he positions his horse behind a tree and lowers his head in the saddle to conceal himself while he waits for the report.

Sczarni

Male Half-Orc Barbarian (Sea Reaver) 2 AC -4/10/14 (all down 2 when raging) Saves-5(6 raging)/1/-1(1 raging) Perception-4 Init-2

Logen grins "I'll try not ta steal yer thunder"


Male Human Cavalier Order of the Star/ Stalwart Defender

Steal my thunder all you like, just don't lose your life in the process friend. Sir Voldniq says pointing at the fresh wound at Logen's neck.


"Oi, pirate pants! Stay with the group. No repeats of last time." Gerard barks at Logen as he goes to run off.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Druid 1

Vaslo looks on with a angry glare in his eyes at the smoke rising. "Zeke and I will stay with the party this time. Don't do anything that will give you another nasty 'splinter' captain"


[ooc]@Logen - Just to be sure when do you leave the party and move ahead to scout ? Currently you are 5-10 minutes out.[ooc]

Sczarni

Male Half-Orc Barbarian (Sea Reaver) 2 AC -4/10/14 (all down 2 when raging) Saves-5(6 raging)/1/-1(1 raging) Perception-4 Init-2

I plan on getting enough of a lead that I can identify what's up there without there being any chance of somebody there hearing somebody in heavy armor on a horse traveling. Don't want our extremely sneaky group to walk into 50 goblins. probably when we're about 2 mins out

"Here, when we're 'bout two mins out ye guys hold up and I'll just take a peek.

Just trying to fill the role of the rogue and do the scouting now, Logen's a little wary after that dog bit his throat anyways lol


I'm cool with that if we're on plains. If we're in a thick forest you should wait until we're like at the edge of the trees.

Sczarni

Male Half-Orc Barbarian (Sea Reaver) 2 AC -4/10/14 (all down 2 when raging) Saves-5(6 raging)/1/-1(1 raging) Perception-4 Init-2

I'm not sure of the exact terrain. DM?


Still hills like before.


So there's likely no cover to make stealth checks in. You have to have cover or concealment to hide. If there are 50 goblins then so be it, we run like hell. I'd rather not split the party again. Then again, I won't physically stop you from running off, I just think it's a bad idea.

Sczarni

Male Half-Orc Barbarian (Sea Reaver) 2 AC -4/10/14 (all down 2 when raging) Saves-5(6 raging)/1/-1(1 raging) Perception-4 Init-2

Peaking over a hill is cover and/or concealment :D lol


I am going to go with what we did last time. You can peak over the ridge of the hills but if you stand up you're an idiot and cant use stealth


Alright, well lets get on with it then.

Sczarni

Male Half-Orc Barbarian (Sea Reaver) 2 AC -4/10/14 (all down 2 when raging) Saves-5(6 raging)/1/-1(1 raging) Perception-4 Init-2

Got it, don't be COMPLETELY retarded lol
Perception1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Stealth1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


Will do :D

Still walking among the hills Zekes tracking takes you south towards the pillar of smoke. As the path you have been following follows the side of a hill it begins to widen. You're close now the smell of something burning is present in the air. Vaslo holds Zeke back while Logen advances up the hill. Before reaching the ridge he drops down and slowly peaks above it.

In a small valley below the smoke raises from a few houses still burning. While the most of the walls still stands not many roof are left. The fire must have been going for a little while. Looking around Logen doesn't spot anything moving. He notices no bodies. It is a small hamlet consisting of 4 houses.

Sczarni

Male Half-Orc Barbarian (Sea Reaver) 2 AC -4/10/14 (all down 2 when raging) Saves-5(6 raging)/1/-1(1 raging) Perception-4 Init-2

"Aww bloody hell" Logen crawls back down, and when sight is broken he sprints back to the group "We're too late"

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Druid 1

Vaslo looks angrily towards the smoke and his grip tightens on his blade. "I want to be after whatver did this. I vote we hunt them down and slaughter them for this... evil.

Sczarni

Male Half-Orc Barbarian (Sea Reaver) 2 AC -4/10/14 (all down 2 when raging) Saves-5(6 raging)/1/-1(1 raging) Perception-4 Init-2

"Aye, no point in pillaging if it's just fer the killing"


"No time to waste then. Let Zeke continue to follow the trail. Lets be after these little terrors." Gerard says, an angry look on his face.


I properly won't be able to post any further posts to day.

As the party follows the path around the hill the horrible sight is now in plain view. Zeke takes you closer to the burning buildings. Walking past them you see no signs of fighting, no bodies human or otherwise. In the little square formed by the four houses Zeke stops, he begins searching for the track again but the scents seam to elute him in the smoke filled area.

Vaslo I need another Perception and survival roll for Zeke to pick up any scent there might be also let me know if you do anything there might change the difficulty of the roll.

Vaslo:

While this hamlet at the moment seams as a ghost town you soon notice why the bodies of the inhabitants are laying in their beds burned to death. Except for one house where you at first glance don't notice anyone.

Perception:

Sir Voldniq: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Vaslo: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
Darius: 1d20 ⇒ 8
Logen: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Sir Gerard: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Male Human Cavalier Order of the Star/ Stalwart Defender

Sir Voldniq will have his weapons drawn as he advances with the party.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Druid 1

Vaslo moves along next to zeke as he draws his bow. He cocks his head towards the burnining builidng and alerts his comrades,"Look, there. It seems as if though someone has escaped the carnage of the day. Do you think we should searcha round to see if we can find the survivor? ...Or maybe... they just took that one alive..."

Sczarni

Male Half-Orc Barbarian (Sea Reaver) 2 AC -4/10/14 (all down 2 when raging) Saves-5(6 raging)/1/-1(1 raging) Perception-4 Init-2

"Worth it ta look
Logen starts searching for any signs of life


Male Human Arcane Duelist 1, Init +3, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +3, 17 AC, 14 Touch, 13 FF, Rapier +3 (1d6+2)

"Ugh, all this bloodshed..." Darius begins to trail off.


@Logen - As you search the burnout houses you don't find any sign of life. On a closer inspection you see the burned corpses, some with bad burns but still recognizable, some black and charcoal like unrecognizable. It would seam that the buildings have been burned with people still inside them. The house that Vaslo points out is without any bodies. Either captured or escaped.

Let me know if any of you need information to move on.


"Time is of the essence, if there are no living in there we should leave now, lest we find another village full of death at our next stop." Gerard says, clearly concerned that the group is failing to protect the locals. He's pacing back and forth picking at his finger nails impatiently.


Male Human Arcane Duelist 1, Init +3, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +3, 17 AC, 14 Touch, 13 FF, Rapier +3 (1d6+2)

"Leaving is a good idea."

Echo..co...co..


I had to work an 18 hours night shift so I wasn't able to post. Sorry.

Does everyone want to move on or do you have anything else you want to do in this hamlet?


Male Human Arcane Duelist 1, Init +3, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +3, 17 AC, 14 Touch, 13 FF, Rapier +3 (1d6+2)

I'm good.

201 to 250 of 571 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / First defence, last stand Gameplay thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.