Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

First defence and last stand (Inactive)

Game Master Big OM

Manning the defences of Castle Firrine and surrounding lands in North-western Lastwall.


101 to 150 of 571 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Hearing Logen complaining Vaslo walks down to Logen letting his healing power flow towards the wounded crusader. Darius follows him ready to defend himself should the need arise.

Having been healed Logen charges the goblin by Zeke gutting the little pestilence.

Sir Voldniq finally thrusts his sword into the shoulder of the goblin hiding behind his horse. It screams out in pain but is still standing although it drops its shield.

Sgt. Wall moves down the ridge towards the combat with sword drawn.

There are two goblins by Sir Voldniq, the latest arriving moves towards Zeke, attacking the lion when it reaches him but missing. The one by Sir Voldniq is furious and lashes out after its favourite foot not connecting properly this time but still managing to cause a little pain.

Zeke who just misses the goblin in front of him looks at the mess Logen made. He lashes out after the new target infront of him but the little creature is to agile.

Seeing Sir Voldniq is alone with a goblin Sir Gerard takes aim and kills the goblin, placing his arrow in the thorax of the goblin causing it to gurgle blood as it falls to the ground.

Goblin attacks:

Goblin attacking Sir Voldniq: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Damage on Sir Voldniq: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Goblin attacking Zeke: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Round 6

Initiative:
Darius - 21
Vaslo - 19
Logen - 18
Voldniq - 16
Sgt. Wall - 11
Goblin - 9
Zeke - 6
Gerard - 4

Now kill the last one please, these combat posts takes some time to write :D

Sczarni

Male Half-Orc Barbarian (Sea Reaver) 2 AC -4/10/14 (all down 2 when raging) Saves-5(6 raging)/1/-1(1 raging) Perception-4 Init-2

Logen laughs as he lets himself go into the battle, charging the closest goblin and going for another kill

Charging Power Attack:1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 3 + 2 = 20
Damage:2d4 + 8 ⇒ (2, 3) + 8 = 13

Will that do it?


I am going to post the results before everyone has a chance to post as it isn't needed, However feel free to post your action in round 6 if you want.

And Logen that'll do.

With his newly regained vigour Logen lashes out after the goblin in front of Zeke almost separating the goblins head from its shoulders with the powerful blow.

Sgt. Wall walks down the hills towards the combat: "Good work crusaders, lets see how the locals are doing."

As he says that the door opens in the house the goblins were attacking and a group of 20-25 persons emerges. An elderly man somewhere in his fifties walks up to the group the rest remains a bit away. "Thank you brave crusaders, you saved our village from the pests. He looks with disdain at the dead goblins: "They attacked us just before dawn, slaughtering the Laughtons before anybody knew. The rest of us sought refuge in our village hall."

As the goblins are searched you find their equipment, but on one of them properly the leader you uncover quite a few bottles and flasks. As Vaslos spell ends you see a small pile in the area containing some medium sized arms and armour and other goods.

Treasure:

4x Small leather armours
4x Light wooden shields
4x Short swords
4x Short bows
80x Arrows
2x Magic potions, DC 16 spellcraft.
2x Bags of Caltrops
3x Flasks of Acid
1x Thieves’ tools
2x Tanglefoot bags
1x Crowbar

1x Masterworked Longsword
1x Masterworked Banded mail

1x Onyx (50gp)

Coins: 10 gp, 100sp

188 xp each

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Druid 1

Vaslo first goes and see if there are any injured people who need his help. He doesn't use magic but helps to treat what he can. Zeke will enjoy his new goblin dinner and then meet Vaslo when he is done with his work.
Heal DC:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Afterwards Vaslo will sift through the gathered loot, and attempt to identify the potions.

Spellcraft to identify potions: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

"So how would you gentleman like to split this up?


Gerard will put away his bow, and walk down amongst the carnage. He approaches the Sergeant. "Orders sir?" he asks. Letting the others sort through the loot and bodies.

Sczarni

Male Half-Orc Barbarian (Sea Reaver) 2 AC -4/10/14 (all down 2 when raging) Saves-5(6 raging)/1/-1(1 raging) Perception-4 Init-2

Logen grins and tips his head towards the villages, then goes through the loot. He takes a second to admire the masterwork pieces, but the sword's too small for the taste and the armor's too big. Then his eyes catch the Onyx and he gets an ear to ear smile "Oi, I'll take the gem and nothin' else, how's that sound? Plus for those of you that like your heavier armor or one handed swords there's a couple real perty ones here for ya"

edit:Dm are we in charge of keeping track of our own XP?


Hearing Logen's comment, Gerard looks at the pile over his shoulder. He remains standing in front of Sgt. Wall awaiting his answer. "I suppose that armor would suit me nicely if no one else wants it." he says, gesturing to the banded mail with his chin.


Male Human Arcane Duelist 1, Init +3, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +3, 17 AC, 14 Touch, 13 FF, Rapier +3 (1d6+2)

"I don't need anything. We could sell whatever we don't want and make a warfund."

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Druid 1

Vaslo takes the potions, the acid flasks, the caltrops, and the tanglefoot bags. "If no one has an objection, I will gladly use these to their fullest possible ability.

Sczarni

Male Half-Orc Barbarian (Sea Reaver) 2 AC -4/10/14 (all down 2 when raging) Saves-5(6 raging)/1/-1(1 raging) Perception-4 Init-2

"All yers mate" Logen tosses the nice banded mail over to Paschal, pocketing the gem. He also take the crowbar, knowing how useful those can be. "Shame for no one ta use such a nice sword tho"

Loot Value:
I think we plan on selling the mundane items, unless I'm mistaken and a party member wants them. If so...
4 leather armors = 40gp
4 light wooden shields = 12gp
4 short swords = 40gp
4 short bows = 120gp
80 arrows = 4gp
Thieves tools = 30gp (Maybe keeping these?)
10gp 100sp - In coin

All this is of course at full price, and I'm not sure how well we're going to do on selling them. Also does nobody plan on using the masterwork longsword? It'd be a nice sell, but I'd rather have a party member use it. If no one does, we can try trading it for a masterwork weapon someone will use

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Druid 1

I figured that one of our Longsword wielding warriors would like the sword...


Already got one.


Male Human Arcane Duelist 1, Init +3, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +3, 17 AC, 14 Touch, 13 FF, Rapier +3 (1d6+2)

I don't picture Darius wielding a longsword.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Druid 1

Voldniq then haha


I have no problem with loot discussions in character in the game thread, but I would like if you could use the discussion thread for ooc discussion about loot.

Sgt. Wall looks at Sir Gerard as he asks, the man is clearly a bit emotional. "Well grab one more and search the village for any other enemies. I am going to the Laughtons house. Do look out for anything out of the ordinary."

As people are discussing how to divide the loot he walks over to the sword and armour. A single tear rolls down his chin as he recognizes the equipment. In a thick voice he says: "These belonged to Laughton, he would have wanted for them to be used in the crusades." He then leaves walking towards one of the ransacked houses.

The leader of the village looks a bit dishearten as you start dividing the loot amongst yourself. After sgt. Wall walks off he adds in a small voice: "I think there were more than just these but I am not sure where they went. We have never seen goblins this far away from the marsh, orcs sure, but not goblins."

Sczarni

Male Half-Orc Barbarian (Sea Reaver) 2 AC -4/10/14 (all down 2 when raging) Saves-5(6 raging)/1/-1(1 raging) Perception-4 Init-2

Saved their hides, they're lucky we did that much Logen thinks as he sees the village leader. He palms the onyx in his pocket, then walks over to him. He continues to play with his newly healed neck while he addresses the village leader "Got any information 'bout why there's goblins this far out? Sgt.Wall thinks only my kin come out this far" Logen starts giving him one of his piercing looks, trying to tell what item being taken from the loot may have upset him


I might have written this unclear. The last comment about orcs and goblins is from the leader of the village.


Male Human Cavalier Order of the Star/ Stalwart Defender

If you don't mind I would like to have a look at that sword. It seems of higher quality then the one I have Sir Voldniq states.

Sir Voldniq will dismount and help his commrades recover from battle, then search for survivors.


Gerard begins unbuckling his armor and strapping on the new set. "Sir Volniq, would you be so kind as to allow me to stow my old armor on your horse until we return to castle Firrine? Also, would you join me in my sweep of the village?" He calls over to the other knight. While waiting for his reply, he asks the village leader, "Where did you last see the other goblins sir? We'll go after them and make sure nothing like this happens again."

Sczarni

Male Half-Orc Barbarian (Sea Reaver) 2 AC -4/10/14 (all down 2 when raging) Saves-5(6 raging)/1/-1(1 raging) Perception-4 Init-2

Oh my bad, just didn't read carefully enough

"Think ya mighta done sometin ta piss em off? They're pretty stickly bout gettin revenge. Maybe they want sometin'

Loot:
From selling stuff we'll have a total of 133gp and 100sp. I'm all for splitting it evenly, as random loot will happen and one person might get more items than cash, so i'll just let the randomness happen. However, we could also just keep it as 'party funds'. Makes it easier to keep track off then we just store it for when we need to buy something as a party, such as transportation or a spell we can't cast


Much relieved by Sir Gerards question, the village leader answers: "I am not sure crusader, you see we had to flee. My best guess would be that there were at least twice as many as you have slain. I think the might have moved further south, but you would need trackers to be sure. I am not sure that finding these goblins would end it, even though it can not hurt. It is known that they live in the Ghostlight marsh, but they never venture this far away from it. They must have some twisted reason. I am sorry, it is all I can help."

As Sirs Voldniq and Gerard searches the rest of the village they find no other survivors, but fortunately there are no signs of goblins or any other enemies for that matter. Passing by a house they see sgt. Wall mourning the inhabitants, it is properly the Laughtons. Judging by the way the ground is stirred outside and the destruction inside Sir Gerard get the impression that the attackers might have been searching for something.

The leader is stunned by Logens suggestion and answers a bit startled: "I can not be sure with these creature, but we never approach the marsh, I do not recalled having provoked them. That is certainly an option, perhaps they were searching for something. They did go straight for the Laughtons house and then for the rest of us, but I can not be sure, but what could we possible have that they want?"

Sirs Voldniq and Gerards perception checks:

Sir Voldniq: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Sir Gerard: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

If you want a more thorough search of anything special let me know.

Sczarni

Male Half-Orc Barbarian (Sea Reaver) 2 AC -4/10/14 (all down 2 when raging) Saves-5(6 raging)/1/-1(1 raging) Perception-4 Init-2

Logens frowns and shifts his falchion around "They are stupid little bastards, but they always have a goal in mind. We need to see if anythings missing from that house they went after" Logen follows his companions into the house, using the locals knowledge to see if anything is missing that shouldn't be.


Male Human Cavalier Order of the Star/ Stalwart Defender

I will search the Laughtons house. Any outside cellar excess, under the porch/deck if there is one1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

I will search check the exterior, perhaps there is some hidden tunnel or something. Sir Voldniq says with his newly aquired longsword ready.


Sir Voldniq circles the small house looking looking for an outside cellar access but doesn't find one. As he passes one of the windows he notices a piece of cloth caught on the smashed shutter. It is a part of one of the goblins clothes. On instinct he looks down and at his feet is and dirty piece of paper. Some sort of stone, piece of pottery or maps is drawn upon it.

Crude drawing

Logen brings the leader of the village into the house, he is shocked by the destruction. Furniture has been cut up, closets tumbled even the rug is tossed aside. "So much destruction, I can't really say.. Oh no." The leader walks around as he talks. Before finishing his sentence he turns into the bedroom and runs outside, you can hear him regurgitating. As Logen looks into the room he sees two bodies cover in bloodstained bedlinen and sgt. Wall on the floor praying. Almost inaudible the sgt. prays: "... honour, my lady take this trusted servant and his wife, elevate them to your side and led the bath in your grace..." He continues not noticing Logens presence.

Sczarni

Male Half-Orc Barbarian (Sea Reaver) 2 AC -4/10/14 (all down 2 when raging) Saves-5(6 raging)/1/-1(1 raging) Perception-4 Init-2

Logen gives the leader a long look, used to new people at sea getting sick. He digs in his pack and pulls out a lemon, then hands it to the man "Here, it'll help yer stomach" Logen returns to the room, making sure he walks loudly so Sgt.Wall isn't suprised by him. He walks into the room and up to the bodies, then pulls the blanket back to examine the mess, thinking No one should die in their sleep, they should be able to look their killer in the face


Male Human Cavalier Order of the Star/ Stalwart Defender

Hey I found somthing, look at this piece of pottery. It seems to be part of a map.


Just to be clear it is a drawing on a piece of paper

Sczarni

Male Half-Orc Barbarian (Sea Reaver) 2 AC -4/10/14 (all down 2 when raging) Saves-5(6 raging)/1/-1(1 raging) Perception-4 Init-2

I feel like Logen probably just pissed of the Sgt by walking in and looking at the bodies, so i'll be out there ina minute lol


The man looks at the lemon and then at Logen and regurgitates again. He accepts the lemon, bits into it and spits the piece out almost as soon as he tastes it. By then Logen has left him and walked into the house again. Sgt. Wall looks at him with a mixture of anger and pain on his face as Logen pulls the blankets aside looking at two middle aged bodies with multiple cuts, claw marks and bruises. "Get out."He hisses at Logen.

Sczarni

Male Half-Orc Barbarian (Sea Reaver) 2 AC -4/10/14 (all down 2 when raging) Saves-5(6 raging)/1/-1(1 raging) Perception-4 Init-2

Im guessing the middle aged bodies were a couple in bed?
Logen inspects the bodies closely, then pulls out his necklace of Gorum and says a quick prayer "Gorum take revenge on those who fight in the dark" before turning to Sgt.Wall "Oh get a stomach, I respect the dead but we need to find out what happened. Besides they were killed in their sleep, cowards way to fight. I don't care who did it, I'm gonna gut em and anybody who told em to do it"

Definitely the goblins that killed them then? I'm trying to make sure the goblins weren't just a ruse to cover something up. Also I'll need to find a villager with a stronger stomach so I can find out if anything is missing from the bodies, like a ring or something


"You didn't know him" the sgt. responds fiercely. He gets up from the floor looks you dead in the eyes. "What have you found so far?"

With your vast forensic medical knowledge you determine it might be goblins you can't say for sure. I am not sure what covers forensic medicine, but heal perhaps? Untrained you can't get a sufficient result. Sorry :D Off you go to find a strong stomached villager.

Sczarni

Male Half-Orc Barbarian (Sea Reaver) 2 AC -4/10/14 (all down 2 when raging) Saves-5(6 raging)/1/-1(1 raging) Perception-4 Init-2

ya...logen knowledges and whatnot... "Think Voldniq found sometin interestin, some kind o' paper. I'm gonna see if i can find a villager who can keep their lunch down so I can find out if there's anything missin that shouldn't be" Logen exits, looking for such a villager


Male Human Cavalier Order of the Star/ Stalwart Defender

Voldniq shows the paper to anyone willing to take a look. Any ideas on what this is?


Male Human Arcane Duelist 1, Init +3, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +3, 17 AC, 14 Touch, 13 FF, Rapier +3 (1d6+2)

"Well, it looks to be some sort of paper."

After getting a look of "You know what I mean," Darius then states "Looks like the top of a mountain, or maybe even a weapon head."

Sczarni

Male Half-Orc Barbarian (Sea Reaver) 2 AC -4/10/14 (all down 2 when raging) Saves-5(6 raging)/1/-1(1 raging) Perception-4 Init-2

Logen takes a look at the paper after shouting for a villager to help him search


Gerard will take a look at the paper. "I'm with Darius. Looks like a flint arrow or spear head to me. Or perhaps a river running between some hills as seen from above. I'm not from around here so I'm not sure." Gerard shouts for the headman and motions him over, "Excuse me sir, but do you recognize this as a map of some sort of local geography?"

Sczarni

Male Half-Orc Barbarian (Sea Reaver) 2 AC -4/10/14 (all down 2 when raging) Saves-5(6 raging)/1/-1(1 raging) Perception-4 Init-2

"That might o' been what they were looking for. They ain't the brightest, so whoever sent them musta gave em a picture so they wouldn't forget" Logen brings the paper over to the village leader "Lemon didnt help much eh? Usually helps me out. Anyways, this picture look familiar?

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Druid 1

I'm assuming Vaslo followed everyone in after he was finished with his check over the townsfolk.

Vaslo moves in following logen, he is searching the house for anyhting that may not have been discovered by the goblins. Perception:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18.
Whether or not he finds anything he moves in to check over the bodies with logen as the sgt begins to berate them over their 'disrespect'.
"Why are you so angry? Their sould have departed this place in peace... they are just nutrients to be reclaimed by the earth now.
He casually inspects the bodies for causes of death, and then leaves.
Heal: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20


The village leader meets with Sir Gerard and Logen. He still looks a little unstable from the sight of the dead. He looks to Logen: "No they made my tongue recoil." After composing himself he accepts the paper and looks at it. "Sorry it doesn't ring a bell. Karen might know something, she did some cleaning and light household work for them." This realisation makes him turn around and take a few steps towards the others, he yells: "Karen!"

A healthy teenage girl with dark brown hair hastens towards them almost running. You can see she has been crying. "Yes, Howard what can I do?" she asks the leader. "The crusaders need you to look at a drawing, help them if you can." Looking at Logen and Sir Gerard she seams a bit unsure then moves towards you ending standing closer to Sir Gerard trying to create a bit distance between her and Logen.

Your search doesn't yield anything oblivious. While inspecting the bodies sgt. Wall grabs your arm forcing you to look at him: "Have some respect elf. I know they are departed but that doesn't mean we can honour them." He lets you go and walks out the room. Having lifted the bedlinen you see multiple sharps wounds from stabs and cuts. The damages are certainly possible with the weapons the goblins have, but you can be sure that they caused it. It however seams the most likely option.

Vaslo this is the most percise action you can get out here. You would need specialized equipment to examine the bodies further. But you rolled well and a more thorough examination would yield the same result. In forensic medicine is a difficult to reach a conclusive answer.


"You're safe now Karen. We're here to help you. Could you take a look at this please and tell me if it means anything to you?" Gerard says, offering her the parchment. Gesturing at Logen with his elbow he smiles charmingly and says, "Don't worry he won't bite you."

Sczarni

Male Half-Orc Barbarian (Sea Reaver) 2 AC -4/10/14 (all down 2 when raging) Saves-5(6 raging)/1/-1(1 raging) Perception-4 Init-2

Logen grins and whispers to Paschal "Unless she wants me too" He turns and strolls a little bit away, examining around the house but mostly giving the girl a little distance


Male Human Arcane Duelist 1, Init +3, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +3, 17 AC, 14 Touch, 13 FF, Rapier +3 (1d6+2)

Darius follows Logen around the house.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Druid 1

Vaslo doesn't look bothered by the rebuke, but instead confused. And just follows Sgt. Walls order.
Elven:Zeke, come
The lion bounds up to his side as Vaslo exits the building, and then they both move to join Paschal as the girl examines the paper.

Sczarni

Male Half-Orc Barbarian (Sea Reaver) 2 AC -4/10/14 (all down 2 when raging) Saves-5(6 raging)/1/-1(1 raging) Perception-4 Init-2

Logen notices Darius with him, and after they turn the corner of the building Logen sits and takes his compass out. "Wonder what them little buggers want. They usually don't plan much themselves, but they make good minions. Wonder who's pulling the strings here"


Male Human Arcane Duelist 1, Init +3, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +3, 17 AC, 14 Touch, 13 FF, Rapier +3 (1d6+2)

"The obvious choice are the Orcs, but maybe whoever is actually the head is wanting us to think that. Either way, the lot of us shall deal with them." Darius says while leaning on the wall of the house.


Sir Gerard's assurance doesn't seam to change her attitude much and there are hints of disgust at Logen's suggestion. Still the girl is brave enough to look at the paper. She spends quite a bit of time looking at it, rotating the paper as if she is trying to remember. Finally she says: "I ain't sure but I think Matthew showed me a piece of hide with drawings like these once." Thinking hart she adds: "He might have said it was an important map, but then again I could be grasping at straws." Gathering up some courage she continues: "I'll go look inside if you want me to but I heard the Laughtons are dead in there."


Male Human Cavalier Order of the Star/ Stalwart Defender

Sir Voldniq will try to redraw the image in the dirt in an attempt to understand it more.1d20 ⇒ 8 untrained skill

Sczarni

Male Half-Orc Barbarian (Sea Reaver) 2 AC -4/10/14 (all down 2 when raging) Saves-5(6 raging)/1/-1(1 raging) Perception-4 Init-2

hey now, i tried to whisper lol


Sir Voldniq - You contemplate many possibilities perhaps some sort of an item, a map or something entirely different.

Logen - Yeah you did but apparently not low enough :D

Karen stands now a bit unsure of herself awaiting your answer or initiative.

Sczarni

Male Half-Orc Barbarian (Sea Reaver) 2 AC -4/10/14 (all down 2 when raging) Saves-5(6 raging)/1/-1(1 raging) Perception-4 Init-2

Logen grunts and gets up "Well, lets get to it" Logen walks back to the group, then approaches the girl. He has his hat on his chest and a rare side of chivalry comes out of him. He has his head slightly bowed towards the girl "Pardon meh 'bout earlier, but I was wondering if ya could take a look around the house and point out anything that might be missin that shouldnt be"

101 to 150 of 571 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / First defence, last stand Gameplay thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.