Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Finkmilkana's Carrion Crown

Game Master Finkmilkana


401 to 450 of 936 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

Hm, this paragraph seems to be of a litte interest:

"The prison of Harrowstone was build in 4594 to serve as high security prison for the region. At the same time the town of Ravengro was founded nearby to house the guards and supply the prison. In 4661 a great fire destroyed most of the subterran cells leaving the mostly representative and administrative house above allmost undamaged.
The inmates, most guards, the warden and his wife all died."


Male Human Fighter(unarmed)1/rogue1

"All I have been able to find is this:
"The prison of Harrowstone, build in 4594, served until its destruction in 4661 as Ustalavs main execution grounds.
Many of the countries most notorious criminals were send here only to be executed shortly thereafter, leading to a steady influx of new inmates." it's interesting to say the least."


Female Halfling Alchemist 2 / HP 16 of 16 / F+3 R+6 W+1 / AC 16.14.13 / Init. +3 / Perc +7

Lyla tries to be as graceful as possible.

Diplomacy 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

"Hi mister Sheriff. We're off to grab some dinner and take it back to Kendra's house, and we'd like to invite you over to spend some time with us so we can all get to know each other better. After all, we'll be spending the month here, and it would be nice to make new friends... though most people around here don't seem to want to be friends with us. Anyway, are you free tonight?"


Male Elf Ranger 1) [hp 9/10] [init +6; perception +7] [AC: 16, touch 14, flat-footed 12] [Fort: +1;Ref: +6;Will: +1]

Nods at Lyla approvingly. Better than what I would've said.

Grand Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle 2

From what this says, it looks like the warden's wife wasn't supposed to be in the fire:

this in a book about former Ustalav nobility:
"300 years after the family's fall from grace, Vesorianna Hawkran the last direct descendant of Orald Highmold died in the great Harrowstone fire of 4661 together with her husband, the prisons warden Lyvar. Until this day it is not known why she even was in the prison that day, much less anywhere near the lower parts."


Female Elf Wizard 3, HP: 18/18, AC 17/14f/13t, Fort: +2 Ref: +6 Will +3, Init: +5, Perception: +9 (darkvision)

Cerana taps Kalina on the shoulder absent mindedly.

"I think I might have the answer to that dear child, admittedly I can't say it's from a reliable source but it is at least something. Apparently a Jarl Hephenus, who was a surviving guard, said that: it seems the convicts did riot that day and most of the dead guards had already died to keep the mob inside and then even the warden's wife came in search of her husband.

She begins to ponder a bit.

"Maybe she heard her husband was trapped on the grounds and she wanted to save him?"

Cerana continues to read.

"Apparently this fire solved 'all their problems' in one sweep, the guards were having problems with controlling all the inmates for some reason. Again I can't say all this is reliable because it is a recollection of someone who lived there and talked to one of the guards. Maybe we can find some relative of this Jarl Hephenus, might give us some clues to something."


The sheriff looks somewhat relieved.
"So in essence you want me to provide an alibi for you? And there is some dinner in it for me? Well it certainly beats filling paperwork for the next few hours. I have to wrap this up and then I can come, but should anything otherwise require my attention I may have to leave in a hurry."


Male Half-Elf Alchemist (Vivisectionist/Chirurgeon) 2

Benedict gives the sheriff a conspiratorial grin, "And we thought we were being so subtle! I'm glad that you will be able to dine with us, beyond just giving us an alibi."


Female Halfling Alchemist 2 / HP 16 of 16 / F+3 R+6 W+1 / AC 16.14.13 / Init. +3 / Perc +7

Once they arrive at the Laughing Demon, Lyla approaches Zokar and orders the meals to go. "Good night Zokar, how are you? Anything new?"

"Dr. Benedict, I don't have gold to pay for anything, perhaps you or Ash could treat us and we can all go back to enjoy our dinner."

She speaks to the Sheriff. "The rest could not come out because they are busy studying the history of Harrowstone. Maybe you can help them get some facts straight, too."


"Good night my dear. Sheriff, Dr Darcy." He nods to both of them.
"Nothing new here but as you can see the Demon is filled so right now I have not too much time to chat. Do you need anything?"

The Sheriff seems quite happy to have left the paperwork behind "Well, I can't say that I'm an history expert, but those few facts I know I can certainly share."

The game seems to have slowed down quite a bit, if you want me to move things forward I sure can do that


Male Elf Ranger 1) [hp 9/10] [init +6; perception +7] [AC: 16, touch 14, flat-footed 12] [Fort: +1;Ref: +6;Will: +1]

we could move to the next day


Female Elf Wizard 3, HP: 18/18, AC 17/14f/13t, Fort: +2 Ref: +6 Will +3, Init: +5, Perception: +9 (darkvision)

I'm alright for moving forward too.


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

I'm fine with it.


Male Human Fighter(unarmed)1/rogue1

Go for it


After getting some food from Zokar you head back home and take your dinner with the Sheriff. Afterwards you keep researching until the late night. While the Sheriff has a bit to tell nothing of it is anything new. Around 3 am the Sheriff then finally takes his leaves, saying that he'll need at least a few hours of sleep to keep up with his duties in the morning and that he doesn't believe anything else will happen until morning.

The next morning Kendra wakes you at 8 o'clock and you go to the Demon for breakfast. This early it is slightly more crowded. While the cardplayers aren't there yet quite a few farmers take a first break from their hard daywork and you also see the woman form the burial taking breakfast with an middle-aged dwarf.
Zokar prepares you a fabulous meal as always and while you eat you've got time to make your final preparations for the day.


Female Elf Wizard 3, HP: 18/18, AC 17/14f/13t, Fort: +2 Ref: +6 Will +3, Init: +5, Perception: +9 (darkvision)

Cerana looks up from her food looking at her peers.

"So what's the plan for today, we have done a little research but what is our next step?"


Male Half-Elf Alchemist (Vivisectionist/Chirurgeon) 2

"I suppose splitting up is in order since both places will be ready this morning. I'd prefer to go to the town hall since there might be resistance to getting access to the records there. If there is, maybe I can help smooth things over."


Female Halfling Alchemist 2 / HP 16 of 16 / F+3 R+6 W+1 / AC 16.14.13 / Init. +3 / Perc +7

"I can go with Dr. Benedict", Lyla says, "That stupid priest at the temple won't let me in, anyway."


Male Human (Taldan) wizard (manipulator) 1 / HP 8 of 8 / F+1 R+3 W+3 / AC 13.13.10 / Init. +3 / Perc +0

Lyla! Don't be mean, let it go.

"I can join the group visiting the temple."


Male Human Fighter(unarmed)1/rogue1

'I'll head to the temple as well"


Female Elf Magus 1

"I will join the group attending to the town hall, then," Tahlaera chimes in.


Female Elf Wizard 3, HP: 18/18, AC 17/14f/13t, Fort: +2 Ref: +6 Will +3, Init: +5, Perception: +9 (darkvision)

"I'll head to the temple with Bramwell and Raoul."


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

Then I'll join the group who is heading to the temple.


Female Halfling Alchemist 2 / HP 16 of 16 / F+3 R+6 W+1 / AC 16.14.13 / Init. +3 / Perc +7

"Well, since Kalina is a church girl too, I suppose she should go with you guys, and then Ash can come with us, right?"

Lyla finishes her breakfast and stands up, ready to go.

Townhall: Benedict, Lyla, Tahlaera and Ash.
Temple: Bramwell, Cerana, Torald, Raoul, Kalina.

Is that ok for everyone?

Finkmilkana:
Note: Once Lyla and Bramwell reach their destinations, Bramwell's hit points drop to 2 (25%).


As you leave, please roll a perception check


Male Human Fighter(unarmed)1/rogue1

perception:1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15


Male Half-Elf Alchemist (Vivisectionist/Chirurgeon) 2

Perception Check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Benedict leaves the Demon squinting at the suddenly bright light outside.


Female Halfling Alchemist 2 / HP 16 of 16 / F+3 R+6 W+1 / AC 16.14.13 / Init. +3 / Perc +7

Lyla's Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Lord Bramwell's Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Female Elf Wizard 3, HP: 18/18, AC 17/14f/13t, Fort: +2 Ref: +6 Will +3, Init: +5, Perception: +9 (darkvision)

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13


Female Elf Magus 1

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8


While we wait for the last Peception check you can already roll for initiative. I also made a crude map this time. Just paint a dot in a color you choose to show your starting position and announce "your" color.


Male Half-Elf Alchemist (Vivisectionist/Chirurgeon) 2

Benedict is Dark Blue
Initiative:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Female Halfling Alchemist 2 / HP 16 of 16 / F+3 R+6 W+1 / AC 16.14.13 / Init. +3 / Perc +7

Lyla's Initiative 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Lord Bramwell's Initiative 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Female Elf Magus 1

Tahlaera is light blue.

Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


Female Elf Wizard 3, HP: 18/18, AC 17/14f/13t, Fort: +2 Ref: +6 Will +3, Init: +5, Perception: +9 (darkvision)

Cerana is red

Initiative: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

Prepared spells:

1: Mage Armour, Grease, Colour Spray, (Charm person)
0: Detect Magic, Daze, Dancing Lights


Male Elf Ranger 1) [hp 9/10] [init +6; perception +7] [AC: 16, touch 14, flat-footed 12] [Fort: +1;Ref: +6;Will: +1]

I am the last roll? My apologies

Ash is forest green

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


actually it seems two were missing


Male Human Fighter(unarmed)1/rogue1

I call black
Initiative:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


Your dot seems to be missing Raoul

Grand Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle 2

Sorry to slow things down. Been away a few days. Back now. Where is the map?

I'm fine with going to the temple.
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21


Male Human Fighter(unarmed)1/rogue1
Finkmilkana wrote:
Your dot seems to be missing Raoul

That's because I just noticed there was a link in your post


@Kalina: The word Map in that post is the Link.


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

Initiative 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Torald is grey


Enemy's Stealth:1d20 + 16 ⇒ (11) + 16 = 27
Enemy's Initiative:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

That means full suprise round.

As you leave the demon you suddenly hear a buzzing and from the demon's roof a whole swarm of Striges falls over you. Some of them allready manage to lash onto their intended targets and begin drinking blood.


Most Striges can only move into your square but 2, 4 and 5 actually charge.

Attacks:

Attack Stirge 2 (touch): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
=> hit => 1 Constitution Damage on Dr. Benedict
=>10% Disease: 1d10 ⇒ 5=>no
Attack Stirge 4 (touch): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
=> hit => 1 Constitution Damage on Tahlaera
=>10% Disease: 1d10 ⇒ 7=>no
Attack Stirge 5(touch): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
=> hit => 1 Constitution Damage on Ash
=>10% Disease: 1d10 ⇒ 2=> no

[Stirge 1, HP 5, AC 16]
[Stirge 2, HP 5, AC 10, drunk 1]
[Stirge 3, HP 5, AC 16]
[Stirge 4, HP 5, AC 10, drunk 1]
[Stirge 5, HP 5, AC 10, drunk 1]
[Stirge 6, HP 5, AC 16]
[Stirge 7, HP 5, AC 16]
[Stirge 8, HP 5, AC 16]
[Stirge 9, HP 5, AC 16]

DC 15 Knowledge Arcana or Nature:
Stirges are blooddrinking swamp pests resembling a mix of bat and mosquito. They often harbour numerous diseases. It's quite uncommon for them to leave their swamps and almost unheard that they come into towns.

DC 15 Perform or DC 25 Perception check:
The Stirges movement is rhythmic and seems to be following the tact of the piano


Female Elf Wizard 3, HP: 18/18, AC 17/14f/13t, Fort: +2 Ref: +6 Will +3, Init: +5, Perception: +9 (darkvision)

Ash could you perhaps 5 foot step out of the line of fire before my turn? I will try to colour spray the ones near us.

Arcana check: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

Ash moving:

Slightly panicked Cerana moves back towards the doorway and casts colour spray at the three striges that were harassing her and Ash.

Move action: 5 foot step to above Lord Bramwell
Standard action: Colour spray at stirges 3, 5 (if it is no longer attached to Ash) and 6, will saves DC 16.
For each failed save: unconcious, blind and stunned for 2d4 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5 rounds.

Ash staying stationary:

Cerana draws her staff and tries to take a defensive posture.

Move action: Draw Staff
Standard action: Total defence action, raising touch AC to 17.


Female Halfling Alchemist 2 / HP 16 of 16 / F+3 R+6 W+1 / AC 16.14.13 / Init. +3 / Perc +7

Lyla's Knowledge (Arcana) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Lyla's Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Lord Bramwell's Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Female Elf Magus 1

Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16


Male Human Fighter(unarmed)1/rogue1

Raoul will enter boar style, and then will punch the insect that has just attacked him.

unarmed strike 11d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
unarmed strike 21d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Damage:1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

I'm assuming their ac's drop if they attach to someone, and since the stirges go before me, the one I'm attacking might attach to me. If that is the case I will roll damage for the second attack and bleed if need be.


It goes down, but only to 12 (the ones at 10 did also charge)

401 to 450 of 936 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Finkmilkana's Carrion Crown Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.