Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Finkmilkana's Carrion Crown

Game Master Finkmilkana


251 to 300 of 936 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Female Elf Wizard 3, HP: 18/18, AC 17/14f/13t, Fort: +2 Ref: +6 Will +3, Init: +5, Perception: +9 (darkvision)

No I have no melee weapon, however Raoul is next to me so he should be getting an AoO for a creature moving out of his threatened square since he moved between me and the worms. So if he has combat reflexes he gets that twice.

Combat turn:

HP 3/7
Fort Save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15 (DC 12)
Move action: 5 foot step back out of range of the two creatures again.
Standard action: Splintered spear against the SC2 attacking me. 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Hit, Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
6 uses of splintered spear left


The AoE is not for moving out of a square (5 foot step), but for moving INTO your square (and the centipede had its turn before Raoul, but I should really get a map online for the next battle).
Do you really want to attack the allready dying Sewer Centipede? And for those who are in the initiative after the centipedes, wounded centipedes on Tahlaera will most likely flee and you wont be able to reach them


Male Half-Elf Alchemist (Vivisectionist/Chirurgeon) 2

I think I am first on initiative.
Status:
Hitpoints: 8 of 8
Saves: F: +2 R: +7 W: +0
AC: 20 Touch: 15 Flat: 15 CMD: 15
Effects: Mutagen

Benedict drains the small vial in his hand and waits a moment before it takes effect. Suddenly, his body begins to change. He grows taller and his muscles bulge under his clothing. His posture changes and he appears to be hunched over. A wild, beastial grin reveals small tusks growing from his lower jaw. A grunt that sounds surprisingly close to a snarl escapes from his lips as he attempts to flank the beast with Torald and lashes out with his dagger.

Move Action to flank centipede if possible.
Standard action to attack it
Attack Dagger: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 2 = 22
Damage:1d4 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + (3) = 5


Female Elf Wizard 3, HP: 18/18, AC 17/14f/13t, Fort: +2 Ref: +6 Will +3, Init: +5, Perception: +9 (darkvision)

Nah I'm just getting confused at who is acting when and where people are standing, as I had 5 foot stepped away the previous turn so it would have to move more than a 5 foot step away. Thus away from who was standing next to it (who I thought was Raoul at the time), I will attack one of the SCs if they are alive or not near death. If there are none I will 5-foot step back and total defense action. The others are far too hard for me to hit and most of my prepared spells can't affect them.



[Monstrous Sewer Centipede; AC 20 (touch 16), HP 22, CMD 15]
[Sewer Centipede 1; AC 16 (touch 14), HP-4, CMD 9]
[Sewer Centipede 2; AC 16 (touch 14), HP-2, CMD 9]
[House Centipede 1; AC 17 (touch 15), HP2, CMD 6]
[House Centipede 2; AC 17 (touch 15), HP3, CMD 6]
[House Centipede 3; AC 17 (touch 15), HP2, CMD 6]
[House Centipede 4; AC 17 (touch 15), HP1, CMD 6]
[House Centipede 5; AC 17 (touch 15), HP4, CMD 6]
[House Centipede 6; AC 17 (touch 15), HP3, CMD 6]

All of the wounded smaller ones try to flee, while the on near Ash attacks him again, but Ash dodges.
Thus Raoul gets an AoE on HC4, should Tahlaera make her save she gets one on HC1,2,3 or 6.
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Attack HC5 (Ash)

@Cerana, yes you stepped away, but Raoul only moved up to you after it attacked again. I'll start posting an initiative lists, hope that helps:

Initiative
Benedict 24
Tahlaera 22
Cerana 21
Lyla 19
hc 18
Raoul 17
sc 14
Ash 13
Torald 13
Bramwell 9
Kalina 6
MC 1


Hmm, I believe I see now what you meant, the big one couldn't reach you without AoE. I should stop writting those big posts hastily.

Grand Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle 2

I will have difficulty posting later today, so I will post my turn now. Please insert it when it goes into effect.

Initiative 6
AC 18 (with +4 from Coat of Stars already included)
HP 7/7
Fort Save (if needed, hopefully not) -1, DM please roll

Spoiler:
Kalina will cast cure light wounds on whoever is most grievously wounded, (and is easier for me to reach without provoking AoO) probably Tahlaera or Cerana. Healing: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

Torald Attacks the monstrous centipede
Scimitar: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 4 + 2 = 25 Confirm 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 4 + 2 = 20 Damage: 2d8 + 8 ⇒ (7, 5) + 8 = 20
Schield Bash: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 = 11 Miss
At least in Battle the dice gods are with me.


Male Human Fighter(unarmed)1/rogue1

AOE:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
With the smaller centipedes mostly gone, Raoul joins Torald and Darcy in their fight with the Giant centipede.
Raoul will enter Boar style and then move up to the large centapide and will attempt to punch it.

Unarmed Strike: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Male Elf Ranger 1) [hp 9/10] [init +6; perception +7] [AC: 16, touch 14, flat-footed 12] [Fort: +1;Ref: +6;Will: +1]

Round 2

Initative: 13

Taking another five foot step back so that I'm out of range from AoO

Aiming at HC5 and firing

Within Point-Blank Range

Attack Roll: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Dammit my rolls!

Damage Roll: (If successful) 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Male Half-Elf Alchemist (Vivisectionist/Chirurgeon) 2

The big centipede should be dead. I hit it for 5 (Whee!) and Torald hit it for 20.


Female Halfling Alchemist 3 / HP 22 of 22 / F+3 R+6 W+2 / AC 16.14.13 / Init. +3 / Perc +9

Lyla carefully approaches Lord Bramwell and casts guidance again. Kill them all!, she whispers inside the eidolon's mind.


Male Human (Taldan) wizard (manipulator) 1 / HP 8 of 8 / F+1 R+3 W+3 / AC 13.13.10 / Init. +3 / Perc +0

EDIT: Hadn't seen Darcy's post about the large centipede. I'm changing the target then but keeping the (bad) rolls. Still not hitting anyone

You just stay safe and don't worry, Lyla. Lord Bramwell charges at one of the centipedes swarming Thlaera and tries to deliver a crushing blow.

Melee Attack Roll 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Damage (if hits) 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
AC modified by charge: 13


Female Elf Magus 1

Round 2, initiative 22:

Shaking off the pain and shielding her face from the barrage of magical energy Kalina turned on her, Tahlaera manages to draw her thin elven blade from its sheath and stab at one of the particularly large centipedes swarming her. Attack action on HC6: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 for 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Fort save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Reacting quickly as the swarm attempts to flee, she skewers another of the vermin. Attack of opportunity on HC1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 for 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


With a mighty blow of his scimitar Torald cuts open the old wound on the monsters back and in doing so drives the old spade deep into its innards.
The remaining centipede, mostly heavily wounded, quickly vanish back into the earth as fast as they came. The remaining vermin that litter the floor are quickly bleeding out.

Battle is over, you won.
If you keep examining the sarcophagus, remember that now, since Lyla has announced it is an illusion, you get +4 on the Save (whoever saved before Lyla said it can attempt a second one). Whoever saves can attempt a DC 10 perception check.


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

Then lets try to pierce this illusion

Torald goes to the sarcophagus and touches the Skeleton

Will Save 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Seems, that this magic is to strong for me. I can't see what you said


Male Elf Ranger 1) [hp 9/10] [init +6; perception +7] [AC: 16, touch 14, flat-footed 12] [Fort: +1;Ref: +6;Will: +1]

nodding at Torald, Ash goes to the sarcophagus and tries to peer through the illusion, touching the sarcophagus.

Will Save (+4 bonus): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Perception (if will save > 14): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Woot!


Male Human Fighter(unarmed)1/rogue1

"I still can not see through the illusion, though at the moment I am curious as to who attacked the Giant centipede with a spade."


Male Elf Ranger 1) [hp 9/10] [init +6; perception +7] [AC: 16, touch 14, flat-footed 12] [Fort: +1;Ref: +6;Will: +1]

were the centipedes type animal?


No, Vermin.

Ash:
You see trough the illusion and that the 'skeleton' is just a puppet out of some kind of light stone or cement. But you also notice that the bottom of the sarcophagus in truth lies a fraction of an inch deeper than it seemed and there is a small, hidden button.


Female Elf Magus 1

Wiping the centipedes' ichor from her thinblade, Tahlaera resheathes the sword with a dark look at Kalina. Looking closer at the sarcophagus now that the room is clear of danger, she remarks, "I don't see anything either--just an old skeleton."

Will save: 1d20 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 4 = 7

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Wow, two 1s in a row.


Female Halfling Alchemist 3 / HP 22 of 22 / F+3 R+6 W+2 / AC 16.14.13 / Init. +3 / Perc +9

With Raoul, Torald and Tahlaera's failure to see past the spell, Lyla starts feeling unsettled, as if no one believed her.

"I swear, it is fake! I'm not lying! Lord Bramwell, tell them!"

She moves towards the skeleton and is about to pull it from the sarcophagus.


Male Human (Taldan) wizard (manipulator) 1 / HP 8 of 8 / F+1 R+3 W+3 / AC 13.13.10 / Init. +3 / Perc +0

Lord Bramwell shakes the morningstar to get rid of the vermin's slime, and straps his wooden shield to his left arm. Then, responding to Lyla's concerns, he tells her while trying to refrain the girl from her rushed action "Easy, Lyla, we do believe you!"


Male Elf Ranger 1) [hp 9/10] [init +6; perception +7] [AC: 16, touch 14, flat-footed 12] [Fort: +1;Ref: +6;Will: +1]

Ash simply pushes the button, without a word.


Female Elf Wizard 3, HP: 18/18, AC 17/14f/13t, Fort: +2 Ref: +6 Will +3, Init: +5, Perception: +9 (darkvision)

"Oowww, those things hurt. Thanks for the aid Kalina. Ugh, so yes same question as Raoul. Who would be using centipedes to attack us, I doubt somewhat the church would use them as guardians for their tombs willing. Sounds unlike them." Cerana dabs where the centipedes had wounded her, she couldn't feel much of the pain anymore but she did it out of reflex.

*sigh* hopefully no more surprises. I really don't like fighting up close.

Grand Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle 2

After casting "Cure Light Wounds" Kalina gives Cerana a small smile. I may actually have found a new friend.

Then she heads over towards Tahlaera. I-I'm sorry. I was trying to get those things to stop biting you. I didn't mean...

Kalina gives a little sigh of frustration. She's never going to believe I was trying to help her.

Would you like, I mean, do you want some healing? If Tahlaera accepts:
Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Edit: It figures I would roll a 1 to help Tahlaera.


As Ash presses the button the side of the sarcophagus slides open, revealing a collection of items.
You see a heap of arrows, a lot of which seem to be silver, four sunrods. six flasks that are marked to contain holy water, a total of eight potions, four scrolls and a thin darkwood case decoratet with a scarab that has a single eye glaring from its back.

Should you open the case:
Inside you find a spirit board with matching plachette and four ironworked vials containing tiny, churning clouds of vapor.

Kalina must really hate Tahlaera...


Male Half-Elf Alchemist (Vivisectionist/Chirurgeon) 2

"I also have a potion that could help anyone that was wounded." Benedict's voice is less distinct and deeper as he speaks around the tusks that have appeared in his mouth.


Female Halfling Alchemist 3 / HP 22 of 22 / F+3 R+6 W+2 / AC 16.14.13 / Init. +3 / Perc +9

Lyla seems excited with Ash's discovery, and feels like they've just won a prize. She takes the scrolls and starts unrolling them with excitement, curious about their nature.

Spellcraft for each scroll do identify spell and type (divine or arcane)
Spellcraft 1 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Spellcraft 2 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Spellcraft 3 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Spellcraft 4 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


Lyla:
While you only manage to completely decipher Scroll 4, it seems to contain Protection from Evil, you are quite sure that all scrolls contain divine spells.


Female Halfling Alchemist 3 / HP 22 of 22 / F+3 R+6 W+2 / AC 16.14.13 / Init. +3 / Perc +9

As she sifts through the scrolls, Lyla looks disappointed. She hands them over to Cerana and dismisses them. "Hmph. I can't use this! It's not my type of magic." She immediately moves on to the darkwood case, analyzing it with detect magic and then opening it.


Female Elf Wizard 3, HP: 18/18, AC 17/14f/13t, Fort: +2 Ref: +6 Will +3, Init: +5, Perception: +9 (darkvision)

Cerana leans over Lyla and reads over her shoulder. "Might I help young one?" Cerana casts 'Read magic' on herself, then starts reading the scrolls and offers to help Lyla with inspecting anything else.

One so young interested in magical objects, reminds me of myself when I was that age.


Cerana:
You manage to identify one scroll of detect undead, one of protection from evil and one scroll of hide from undead, all divine.

Lyla:
The case itself is not magical, but the planchete inside glows with moderate divination, while the the Vials radiate faint necromancy


Female Halfling Alchemist 3 / HP 22 of 22 / F+3 R+6 W+2 / AC 16.14.13 / Init. +3 / Perc +9

Spellcraft to identify the magical properties of the planchete and the vials. 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Grand Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle 2

You just beat me to it Cerana. I was gonna do the same.

Good job finding these hidden items, Lyla

Kalina casts "Detect Magic" and looks over the other items.
Any that come up magical, she'll do a Spellcraft check.

Spellcraft:
8 checks, in sequence to how you listed them, skipping the holy water and scrolls, for info about any magic items
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Also a Perception check on the case with a scarab-- any similarities to the scarab on the book at the house? 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 Boy! Me and Tahlaera with rolling the 1's!


Male Half-Elf Alchemist (Vivisectionist/Chirurgeon) 2

"If you don't mind, I may be able to identify the potions fairly easily." Benedict examines each potion carefully.

Taking 10 on Alchemy checks: 10 + 7 = 17
For alchemist works the same way as using Spellcraft to identify items. The 17 should let me identify potions of 1st or 2nd level spells.


Female Elf Wizard 3, HP: 18/18, AC 17/14f/13t, Fort: +2 Ref: +6 Will +3, Init: +5, Perception: +9 (darkvision)

Cerana rummages through the scrolls "Ah, but Lyla, knowing what magic is behind each is useful to us. As it means we know who can use it. Kalina dear, I think these are best suited to you." She hands the scrolls to her. "Who has a guess that the professor left those here for us by the nature of what the scrolls are? Hide from undead and protection from evil. Might be a hint of what is to come, and if that's right .. well, can't say I'm going to enjoy where it's going." Cerana quizzically asks.

Cerana then reaches down and clutches a small pendant as she starts thinking about other reasons the scrolls might be there. Then realises that she probably takes too much time inspecting every nook and cranny of every theory.


Male Elf Ranger 1) [hp 9/10] [init +6; perception +7] [AC: 16, touch 14, flat-footed 12] [Fort: +1;Ref: +6;Will: +1]

"Is it okay if I take the arrows?"

Ash says, looking over the collection of goods.


Lyla:
You manage to identify the vials as Haunt Siphons, but have not idea what magic the planchette may has.

Kalina:
You actually notice that some of the arrows are magical too and that there are actually 4 different kinds. 12 non magical Silver Arrow as well as heaps 10, 5 and 2 different magical ones, but you can't identify their exact properties. Furthermore you do not recognise what the potions are, but at least you notice that there are only two kinds, 6 of the one and two of the other. You also have no idea what the things in the case are.

The scarab is of equal design.

Benedict:
You recognise them as 6 Potions of Cure Light Wounds and two of Lesser Restoration


Male Half-Elf Alchemist (Vivisectionist/Chirurgeon) 2

Benedict smiles, "Healing potions. Six for general hurts, and these 2 for restoration of damage more fundamental in nature. Useful." He looks at all the items and says, "Listen, we should probably get out of here. Let's take all this back to the Professor's house, and sort it out there."


Female Elf Magus 1

Tahlaera nods her assent to Kalina. "Thanks," she says dryly after the oracle heals her. As the rest of the party looks over the cache of items just discovered, Tahlaera requests that she be allowed to take a look at the as-yet-unidentified planchette.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 2 = 16

After a few moments, she shakes her head, her efforts frustrated. "I have to admit that I am curious where those other centipedes fled to," she replies to Benedict's suggestion.


Female Halfling Alchemist 3 / HP 22 of 22 / F+3 R+6 W+2 / AC 16.14.13 / Init. +3 / Perc +9

Lyla keeps the vials without explaining anything. She shows the planchette to Tahlaera and asks “Do you know what this does? It’s some kind of guessing magic.”


Male Human (Taldan) wizard (manipulator) 1 / HP 8 of 8 / F+1 R+3 W+3 / AC 13.13.10 / Init. +3 / Perc +0

Bramwell sees Lyla putting away the vials and intercedes.
“Lyla, aren’t you going to share these items with our colleagues? You might as well tell them what it’s for.”


Male Human Fighter(unarmed)1/rogue1

"That's not a bad idea Doctor. We can check in on Miss Kendra, and see if she found anything about the Harrowstone that we should know before heading there."


Female Halfling Alchemist 3 / HP 22 of 22 / F+3 R+6 W+2 / AC 16.14.13 / Init. +3 / Perc +9

After Lord Bramwell’s comment, Lyla seems surprised. Shush! Why are you telling them?!

She puts on a fake smile and turns to the others. “Sure! This thing is called… hm… haunt siphon, yeah, haunt siphon. It sends haunts away, all you have to do is open it. If you kill a haunt with this, it turns green and you can throw it to kill other stuff too. Does anyone want one?” She looks at Lord Bramwell.

There! Happy now?


Female Elf Wizard 3, HP: 18/18, AC 17/14f/13t, Fort: +2 Ref: +6 Will +3, Init: +5, Perception: +9 (darkvision)

Silly question, are there any doors other than the one we came in through?


No, there are no other doors.

Grand Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle 2

Kalina hands the arrows to Ash, and tells him what she's discovered so far. (see spoiler above) It looks like you could use these.

She has obviously handed the potions to Darcy since he is better equipped to identify them. Hmm... its so interesting how he uses his potions to change like that. Maybe he really doesn't think I'm a monster.

*Read Magic* and spellcraft to identify the scrolls.

Spoiler:
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Kalina had no interest in any of the items identified until Lyla mentioned the haunt siphons. She looks longingly at them and wishes she could ask for all four. Oh to be left in peace, even for a little while, from these specters that plague me. (Haunted Curse)
Lyla, may I please have one?


Kalina:
You manage to identify one scroll of detect undead, one of protection from evil and one scroll of hide from undead, all divine.

Grand Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle 2

Kalina will offer Tahlaera another healing and take 10 on identifying the last scroll.

Spoiler:

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 10 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 4 = 15

251 to 300 of 936 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Finkmilkana's Carrion Crown Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.