Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Finkmilkana's Carrion Crown

Game Master Finkmilkana


201 to 250 of 936 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle 2

As Torald pushes past her, Kalina gets a slight urge to back away from him. What? Oh, I don't think I've ever been so close to a Holy Warrior before. Something about him frightens me a little.

But in any case it's probably best to let a warrior be in front. I just didn't think he could see very well. Seeing him about to catch his toe on a loose paving stone

Watch out for that stone! It's loose. The sarcophagus is down the stairs and straight ahead. It looks like the professor came and then left here safely, by himself.

*Detect Undead*


Female Halfling Alchemist 2 / HP 16 of 16 / F+3 R+6 W+1 / AC 16.14.13 / Init. +3 / Perc +7

"There's something strange about this sarcophagus... there's magic in it. It wants to trick us."


Male Human (Taldan) wizard (manipulator) 1 / HP 8 of 8 / F+1 R+3 W+3 / AC 13.13.10 / Init. +3 / Perc +0

Lord Bramwell analyzes the loose stone.

Perception check to detect secret doors or traps 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Grand Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle 2

I made up the loose stone. Just having a little fun with Torald since I rolled a 26 perception and he rolled a 2.


Male Half-Elf Alchemist (Vivisectionist/Chirurgeon) 2

Benedict moves cautiously past Kalina giving her a smile, "No offense, it's just that you don't have any armor on." He calls back to the group as he moves slowly up to the sarcophagus and examines it carefully. "This may take a few minutes since Lyla already sensed some sort of trick going on."

Take 20 on a Perception Check 20 + 6 = 26(if you don't allow 20's on perception checks, then here is the roll 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11.


Benedict:
You can't find anything wrong with the closed sarcophagus.


Female Elf Wizard 3, HP: 18/18, AC 17/14f/13t, Fort: +2 Ref: +6 Will +3, Init: +5, Perception: +9 (darkvision)

"Oh dear, I'm fearing the worst here." Cerana quickly casts a spell. This should last me until we get out of here. Cerana seems to be getting slightly twitchy and seems eager to cast something else.

Cerana casts Mage Armour giving her +4 to AC

Cerana leans over to Lyla "What do you mean the magic is going to trick us, is it compulsion or an illusion?"


Female Halfling Alchemist 2 / HP 16 of 16 / F+3 R+6 W+1 / AC 16.14.13 / Init. +3 / Perc +7

Lyla squints her eyes, thinking hard. "Let me see... compulsion magic is when they make you do something and illusion magic is when they make you see something, right? I think it's illusion, then."


Female Elf Wizard 3, HP: 18/18, AC 17/14f/13t, Fort: +2 Ref: +6 Will +3, Init: +5, Perception: +9 (darkvision)

"Well then, if it's an illusion then it will do one of two things. Trick us into believing something is there when it isn't. Or make us believe that there is nothing there when there is... Doctor, do you see anything in there? If yes, are you sure it's real? If not, there might be something we're not seeing just yet, like a trap door or objects within that are masked to us." Cerana then ponders.

Is there possibly anything else I missed?

Arcana:
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Cerana is thinking back to see if there are any other uses to illusion that could be used at this time.


Male Half-Elf Alchemist (Vivisectionist/Chirurgeon) 2

Benedict frowns as he glances back at Lyla, he turns back to the sarcophagus, silently mouthing the phrase I think!? He sighs deeply before running his hands over the sarcophagus trying to see if there is any difference from what he sees and what he feels. If he doesn't feel any difference then he will attempt to open the lid.


Cerana:
Well, there is the possibility of a trap of Phantasmal Killer...

Since he doesn't find any difference Dr. Darcy opens the lid. Inside you see an armorclad skeleton still grasping a rusty sword. Otherwise it is empty.

Lyla:
Now that it is opened the aura got a lot stronger. It seems to come from the whole volume of the sarcophagus.

Benedict may attempt a will save.
Everyone may roll a perception check.


Male Half-Elf Alchemist (Vivisectionist/Chirurgeon) 2

WILL SAVE:1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11


Nothing changes or happens as far as you can see.


Female Elf Wizard 3, HP: 18/18, AC 17/14f/13t, Fort: +2 Ref: +6 Will +3, Init: +5, Perception: +9 (darkvision)

As Cerana gets the revelation of illusion based traps she shouts at just as Dr. Darcy opens the tomb. "Wait!" She realises it is too late as Dr Darcy takes the lid off. She quickly glances around visibly on edge. "It might have been an illusion trap, be on your guard."

Perception:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9

Or it could just be an image of a corpse, which masks the supplies of the temple

Torald tries to touch the Skeleton.

Will RW 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
The Dice Gods are against me.


Female Halfling Alchemist 2 / HP 16 of 16 / F+3 R+6 W+1 / AC 16.14.13 / Init. +3 / Perc +7

"The magic is stronger now that it's open..."

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Grand Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle 2

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Also, Kalina cast *detect undead* a few posts back. Anything there?


Male Human (Taldan) wizard (manipulator) 1 / HP 8 of 8 / F+1 R+3 W+3 / AC 13.13.10 / Init. +3 / Perc +0

Lord Bramwell goes past Torald and Darcy and searches inside the sarcophagus for any signs of deceipt. "Let me take a look"

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Will 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Kalina:
No, no sign of undead.

Your will saves are truly great btw. Now mostly waiting for the rest of the perception checks. Should someone indeed make the Will Save (DC 14 ) when interacting with the sarcophagus he or she can then make a second perception check (but please mark which is which)

Grand Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle 2

Kalina moves a little closer to examine the sarcophagus.

Spoiler:
Will Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Edit: Looks like I'm as oblivious as everyone else. I'll throw in a spellcraft to see if I can get anything in addition to Lyla .
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 And...Kalina gets distracted by a mote of dust.


Male Half-Elf Alchemist (Vivisectionist/Chirurgeon) 2

[i]Something is not right here, but what could it be?[i] Summoning his medical detachment Benedict reaches into the casket and begins feeling around, ignoring any uncomfortable feelings he may have about touching the skeleton.

Forgot the perception check earlier: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19


Female Halfling Alchemist 2 / HP 16 of 16 / F+3 R+6 W+1 / AC 16.14.13 / Init. +3 / Perc +7

Lyla hears Lord Bramwell's voide in her head. All seems normal here. Aware that there's definetely some magic active there, and still using detect magic, Lyla wonders what spell could be deceiving them.

Knowledge (arcana) to try to identify the spell 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

As the adventurers flock to the sarcophagus, the girl also approaches it and peeks inside.

Will Save 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21


Lyla:
You see that the "skeleton" is just a puppet out of some kinda of light stone or cement and an translucent illusion. The second perception check please.


Female Halfling Alchemist 2 / HP 16 of 16 / F+3 R+6 W+1 / AC 16.14.13 / Init. +3 / Perc +7

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Seeing past the illusion but not noticing much else, Lyla lets out a short laugh and says "That is not a real skeleton, it's just a puppet! Why would someone make a bogus skeleton? That's silly."


Lyla:
You see nothing else


Male Elf Ranger 1) [hp 9/10] [init +6; perception +7] [AC: 16, touch 14, flat-footed 12] [Fort: +1;Ref: +6;Will: +1]

perception:

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Perhaps we should continue going down?


Male Human Fighter(unarmed)1/rogue1

Perception:1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13

Raoul approaches the Sarcophagus to see what Lyla is talking about.

Will save:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

"It just looks like a skeleton to me."


Remember that now that Lyla has pointed out to you that it is an illusion you get a +4 on the Will Save

There is no other exit besides the one you came in through.

Since those still missing haven't got the modifier to see it I'll now go on

While you are searching the sarcophagus you suddenly hear clicking noises from the walls and before any of you can react centipedes skitter out of the formerly empty burial niches and other cracks.
Upon emerging they immediately charge you.
You count 6 cat sized one and two almost of the size of Lyla.

DC 5 Knowledge Nature:
They seem to be, well, centipedes. As Vermin they are immune to Mind Affecting Effects, they are quite fast and have a poisonous bite

[Sewer Centipede 1; AC 16 (touch 14), HP4, CMD 9]
[Sewer Centipede 2; AC 16 (touch 14), HP4, CMD 9]
[House Centipede 1; AC 17 (touch 15), HP4, CMD 6]
[House Centipede 2; AC 17 (touch 15), HP4, CMD 6]
[House Centipede 3; AC 17 (touch 15), HP4, CMD 6]
[House Centipede 4; AC 17 (touch 15), HP4, CMD 6]
[House Centipede 5; AC 17 (touch 15), HP4, CMD 6]
[House Centipede 6; AC 17 (touch 15), HP4, CMD 6]

SC1 Rolls:

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Charging Ash

SC2 Rolls:

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Charging Ceriana

HC1 Rolls:

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Charging Tahlaera

HC2 Rolls:

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Charging Tahlaera

HC3 Rolls:

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Charging Tahlaera

HC4 Rolls:

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Charging Ash

HC5 Rolls:

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Charging Ceriana
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Confirmation roll

HC6 Rolls:

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Charging Tahlaera

They seem to be first attacking those who are slightly separated from the rest and not standing in the bulk at the sarcophagus. The first of the bigger ones charges Ash, closely followed by a smaller cousin. While the big aims to high and harmlessly gnashes on Ash's Bow, the smaller finds a gap in is armor and bites him.
1 Damage and DC10 Save vs Poison

The other quite monstrous specimen casts itself together with another small one at Cerina, who gets bitten multiple times. The small one even manages to jump into her face, but thanks to its small size the damage done is still minimal.
All in all 2 Damage and one DC10, one DC 12 Save vs Poison

The rest swarms Tahlaera and while 1 only bites into her chainmail, thanks to their size the other three manage bite into her flesh.
All in all 3 Damage and three DC 10 Saves vs poison

Please roll for initiative!
Initiative for the Sewer Centipedes
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Initiative for the House Centipedes
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18


It seems I'm rolling quite well today.
Should I have forgotten anything (such as Combat Reflexes or 'can allways act in the suprise round'), just say.


Female Elf Wizard 3, HP: 18/18, AC 17/14f/13t, Fort: +2 Ref: +6 Will +3, Init: +5, Perception: +9 (darkvision)

"I have no idea why someone would make a fake skeleton, but I wonder if there really is anything beyond there?" Cerana moves the skeleton out the way and inspects the sarcophagus.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 Inspecting the insides.

Will save for touching the skeleton: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Ignore the above as combat started

Combat:

Initiative: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
I take 3 damage and roll fort.
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19 (DC12)
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15 (DC10)


Male Human Fighter(unarmed)1/rogue1

Initiative:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17


Male Elf Ranger 1) [hp 9/10] [init +6; perception +7] [AC: 16, touch 14, flat-footed 12] [Fort: +1;Ref: +6;Will: +1]

HC4 hits, SC1 misses

initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

KN-nature: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

"Bah! They're poisonous!"


Female Elf Magus 1

Following along quietly as the party searches the room with the sarcophagus, Tahlaera is caught off-guard by the swarm of centipedes. "Where--Ow!"

Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Fort save 1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Fort save 2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Fort save 3: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

HP 7/10

Grand Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle 2

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

On her turn Kalina fires a burst of Shooting Stars, hoping to catch 2-3 of the creatures.

Spray of Shooting Stars Revelation:
(Su) Spray of Shooting Stars (Su) 5' burst within 60' deals 1d4 fire damage, Ref Half. (1/day) (DC 14)
Spray of Shooting Stars (Su): As a standard action, you can unleash a ball of energy that explodes in a 5-foot radius burst dealing 1d4 points of fire damage per level. A successful Reflex save halves this damage. This attack has a range of 60 feet. You can fire one explosive ball per day, plus one additional ball per day at 5th level and for every 5 levels thereafter. You can fire more than one ball at a time, but creatures caught inside more than one simultaneous explosions only take damage once.


Female Halfling Alchemist 2 / HP 16 of 16 / F+3 R+6 W+1 / AC 16.14.13 / Init. +3 / Perc +7

Lyla's initiative 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Lord Bramwell's initiative 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13


Male Half-Elf Alchemist (Vivisectionist/Chirurgeon) 2

Initiative 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 My last good role FOR EVER.
On his turn Benedict pulls his mutagen back out and drinks it.


Everyone should post their actions, the centipedes will most likely just keep attacking until hit


Female Halfling Alchemist 2 / HP 16 of 16 / F+3 R+6 W+1 / AC 16.14.13 / Init. +3 / Perc +7

Lyla casts guidance on Lord Bramwell.


Female Elf Wizard 3, HP: 18/18, AC 17/14f/13t, Fort: +2 Ref: +6 Will +3, Init: +5, Perception: +9 (darkvision)

combat turn:

Move action: 5 foot step away from the two that attacked me.
Standard action: Attack with splintered spear.
Attack vs AC: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Missed, 7 uses left. Turn over.


Male Human (Taldan) wizard (manipulator) 1 / HP 8 of 8 / F+1 R+3 W+3 / AC 13.13.10 / Init. +3 / Perc +0

Lord Bramwell closes in on the large centipede that attacked Cerana and attacks it holding his morningstar in both hands.

Lord Bramwell hasn't had time to put on his shield, so his AC is 15 at the moment

Melee attack roll 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

If it hits:
Damage roll 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


As I just noticed, Ash hasn't rolle his save yet.

Tahlaera is dazed by the pain of the centipedes posison.

She is dazed for 1 Round and has to save again next Round against DC 12.


Male Human Fighter(unarmed)1/rogue1

Raoul moves over to the smaller Centipede that attacked Cerana and kicks at it.
Unarmed strike attack:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
And misses.


Just as a heads up, I haven't written the Charge Malus into their AC. Thus Raoul should hit.


Male Human Fighter(unarmed)1/rogue1

Damage:1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Grand Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle 2

When it is her turn to act, Kalina startles almost everyone by turning her magical spray upon Tahlaera. DC 14, Reflex for half. Damage to all creatures in 5' radius: 1d4 ⇒ 2


Male Elf Ranger 1) [hp 9/10] [init +6; perception +7] [AC: 16, touch 14, flat-footed 12] [Fort: +1;Ref: +6;Will: +1]

Fortitude Roll:

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
do I have to beat a 10??

Well this will be hard, because I don't know where we are on the grid

Round: 1, initiative 13

However, I want to take a five-foot step so that I am not in anyones range for an Attack of Opportunity. Then I will load my bow and shoot at the centipede that hit me.

Attack Roll: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Damage Roll: (if successful) 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

HP: 9/10


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

Torald will approach one of the sewer centipedes and attack it.
Attack with Scimitar 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18 Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
if Torald has only to take a 5 foot step and another centipede ist in Range, he will make a full attack. The Scimitar against the first sewer centipede (Then he rolled a 16), the Shield Attack against another centipede
Attack with shield 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 Damage 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 Missed


Female Elf Magus 1

Reflex save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Dazed, so no other action.

HP 6/10


Male Elf Ranger 1) [hp 9/10] [init +6; perception +7] [AC: 16, touch 14, flat-footed 12] [Fort: +1;Ref: +6;Will: +1]

I don't know whether it'll make a difference, but I forgot to add the +1 to attack and damage for point blank shot.

So I guess thats Attack Roll: 8 and Damage Roll: 11


Combat Rolls:

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
SC1 Attack (Ash)

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
SC2ttack (Cerana)

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
HC1 Attack (Tahlaera)

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
HC2 Attack (Tahlaera)

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
HC3 Attack (Tahlaera)

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
HC4 Attack (Ash)

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
HC5 Attack (Cerana, since you seem to have no meele weapon in hand you get no AoO for it moving into your square, correct me if I'm wrong)

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
HC6 Attack (Tahlaera)

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
HC1 Ref Saves vs Kalina

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
HC2 Ref Saves vs Kalina

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
HC3 Ref Saves vs Kalina

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
HC6 Ref Saves vs Kalina

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
MC Attack (Torald)
1d4 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2
MC Damage



As Cerana moves back and throws her spear, the centipedes dodge it and then advance on her once more. This time that bigger finds a hole in her defenses and bites her, while the small one gets kicked to the ground by Raoul while trying to jump into her face.
[1 Damage and DC12 Fortitude Save against poison]

Ash on the other hand deflects both adversaries, but then misses once he gets the chance to shoot.

The poor dazed Tahlera is still swarmed by Centipedes, one of which manage to bite her again before they all get blasted by Kalina
[1 Damage and 1 DC12 Save against posison]

While Torald cuts the Sewer Centipede attacking Ash almost in two, Lord Bramwell smashes the other's body against the ground.
[Both dying]

[Monstreous Sewer Centipede; AC 20 (touch 16), HP 22, CMD 15]
Will now allways act on this initiative.

Then, just as most of the smaller centipedes seem to start running away wounded and the big ones are already bleeding out you see another, terrible to behold centipede emerge from the wall. While it seemingly has lost some of its legs and shows a big scarlike bulge in its shell out of which the rusted remains of a broken spade stands out. It moves up to Torald with blinding speed and runs directly into his raised shield.

Round 2!
I'll shortly get the updated statistics for the surviving enemies online.

201 to 250 of 936 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Finkmilkana's Carrion Crown Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.