Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Finkmilkana's Carrion Crown

Game Master Finkmilkana


851 to 900 of 936 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

She had the time.
Should Lyla also want to buy something she'll have to tell me later and we'll just say she has.

After shopping you head back towards the prison and after some time manage to get back to the stairs where you left.
Everything looks just as it did when you left and if you wouldn't know of the haunting spirits you might guess it was just abandoned.

So, you are back at S10 and ready to set forth. S4 was the Poltergeist and the door to S2 pinged on Detect Undead.


Female Elf Wizard 3, HP: 18/18, AC 17/14f/13t, Fort: +2 Ref: +6 Will +3, Init: +5, Perception: +9 (darkvision)

Can we have the map linked back up here? I can't seem to find it. Will prepare spells soon.

I don't want to put myself much in harms way I fear I will get quite easily injured again, Torald do you think you can open one of the doors that we haven't explored yet?


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

The map is linked in the Campaign Info tab.


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

I think we are now better prepared to face this ghost. Does someone of you need some time to prepare himself?


Female Elf Wizard 3, HP: 18/18, AC 17/14f/13t, Fort: +2 Ref: +6 Will +3, Init: +5, Perception: +9 (darkvision)

Missed that sorry.

Let me just cast something first... and done! I'm ready

Cerana casts mage armour on herself.

spells:

Level 0: Mending, Disrupt undead, Detect Magic, Dancing Lights
Level 1: Mage Armour, Grease, Grease, Protection from Evil

Grand Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle 2

Kalina casts Coat of Many Stars upon herself. (+4 AC) And then turns to Torald. If you'll permit me? If he agrees she'll cast Magic Weapon on his weapon (+1 hit/+1 damage for 2 mins).

She give Cerana and Lyla a sheepish look. Did you have a chance to finish exploring that room... after I, uh, ran away?


Female Elf Wizard 3, HP: 18/18, AC 17/14f/13t, Fort: +2 Ref: +6 Will +3, Init: +5, Perception: +9 (darkvision)

Cerana shakes her head.

Not really no, I was abruptly attacked by what I presume was a poltergeist or some form of creature using telekinesis. That is how I got the bandages as well as the knife that was lodged into me. Hopefully Torald can now use it as a weapon against those who would use it against me.


So you want to go in there again? I kinda wait for actions from you.


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

Yes, we are ready to face the poltergeist again.


Female Halfling Alchemist 3 / HP 22 of 22 / F+3 R+6 W+2 / AC 16.14.13 / Init. +3 / Perc +9

Ready here. By the way, the only thing I wanted to buy back from the city was a thieve's tools kit for Bramwell.


Female Elf Wizard 3, HP: 18/18, AC 17/14f/13t, Fort: +2 Ref: +6 Will +3, Init: +5, Perception: +9 (darkvision)

Ready here too.


Then roll for initiative, since you know he is in there he won't get a suprise round. Someone of you still has to open the door after which the combat will start (so that is not yet an action in the initiative). And remember that he is kinda invisible.

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17


Female Elf Wizard 3, HP: 18/18, AC 17/14f/13t, Fort: +2 Ref: +6 Will +3, Init: +5, Perception: +9 (darkvision)

Initiative: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Grand Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle 2

Coat of Many Stars is up (AC+4)

She casts Magic Weapon on the knife for Torald (+1 hit/ +1 damage)

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18


Female Halfling Alchemist 3 / HP 22 of 22 / F+3 R+6 W+2 / AC 16.14.13 / Init. +3 / Perc +9

Lyla's initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Lord Bramwell's initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15


Well, the door is still closed....


Female Elf Wizard 3, HP: 18/18, AC 17/14f/13t, Fort: +2 Ref: +6 Will +3, Init: +5, Perception: +9 (darkvision)

I'd assume Torald opens the door (unless he objects) from what we said from the conversation prior.


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

Torald opens the door.


As Torald opens the door you again get an open view on the room, laying peacefully and seemingly just as it was when you left. No signs of the ghost is visible to you.

Perception 20 if entering the room:

You notice that a long wooden beam stands on the right side of the door which wasn't there before and that a whole array of scalpels which were scattered around now lies ordered on the far side of the room.

Perception 27 if entering the room:

You notice that the beam, should it fall, would most likely tilt behind the ruble and block the door.

I can't believe you actually opened it without first casting anything to be able to detect the ghost....
Well, your actions please, a detailed map should not be required since either the ghost is on the ground and you can reach him or he isn't.

Ini-order:
Cerana
Lyla
Kalina
Ghost
Bramwell
Torald


Female Elf Wizard 3, HP: 18/18, AC 17/14f/13t, Fort: +2 Ref: +6 Will +3, Init: +5, Perception: +9 (darkvision)

I'm not sure any of us do have a way to detect undead, as that's cleric 1, pala 1 and wiz/sorc 1? Otherwise we have detect magic, which doesn't work on the undead much.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Craft: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

Cerana walks in a little ways with her staff drawn holding the door open and assessing the room. She looks at the beam and scalpels with suspicion, trying to determine the purpose of them both meticulously laid out. That's the craft check above. Cerana then proceeds to take a wary stance beside the door.

Total defense action: +4 Dodge AC bonus.

Grand Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle 2

Sorry, I dropped the ball on that one. Just sorta presumed there would still be undead in there. Kalina has detect undead 3x a day as a racial ability.

Kalina will Detect Undead if its not too late, and follow after Torald into the room.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Cerana, when you described the flying scalpels, somehow I thought we wouldn't find the room so... orderly.


Shortly after Torald opened the door a scalpel flies towards his face, but misses by quite a bit.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Detect Undead:
You see an undead aura hovering in the back of the room.

That was the ghosts turn.


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

Torald charges to the undead and attacks him with the scalpel.
fanaticism makes blind ;-)

Attack: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 2 = 19 Damage: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


Especially since you have never cast Detect Undead and don't even know where the ghost is.... Well, since you have it at will I'll just look over that but you still have to roll the 50% miss change for not directly seeing him but only the aura.

Lord Bramwell moves next to Torald and tries to help him.

Aid another: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
=>Torald gains +2 on his next attack.

Besides that post your actions for the next round, Lyla just waits since she can't do that much right now.

Grand Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle 2

Kalina will yell I think the ghost's there, in the back and fire off a Disrupt Undead

Ranged Touch Attack(Is this what I need?): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6


Ranged touch attack is right, but you also have 50% miss chance since you don't actualy see the ghost, just his aura.

Grand Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle 2

I'll hit with 50+

1d100 ⇒ 47

Yikes. Almost.


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 67 -> Hit


Female Halfling Alchemist 3 / HP 22 of 22 / F+3 R+6 W+2 / AC 16.14.13 / Init. +3 / Perc +9

Lyla tries to find the scalp thrown at Torald, hoping it works the same way as the one they got the day before. She drops to the floor on all fours looking for it quickly while the rest of the party fights the apparition.


Female Elf Wizard 3, HP: 18/18, AC 17/14f/13t, Fort: +2 Ref: +6 Will +3, Init: +5, Perception: +9 (darkvision)

Before I post my next turn did I get anything from the craft check or not?


Craft doesn't really help here, at least if you were not trying to tell how well made the scalpels are or something like that which I doubt.
While we are at it I also want to point out that it actualy is not possible to have ranks in "craft", just as you can't have ranks in "knowledge". You have to choose one kind of craft skill.

You guess the scalpels, seemingly as broken as the one that stuck in your shoulder, lie there to be thrown into your face.


Female Elf Wizard 3, HP: 18/18, AC 17/14f/13t, Fort: +2 Ref: +6 Will +3, Init: +5, Perception: +9 (darkvision)

Huh, I thought Pathfinder did away with making it separate skills for ease of use. Don't worry my bad then, sorry. The craft skill would be craft: Weapon or something similar, maybe fletcher? Just to continue in with the theme that she crafted her own crossbow.

Cerana still nearby the door readies herself to lend a hand to her friends when they attack the poltergeist.

Ready an action to disrupt undead in the same square that Kalina targets if she attacks the poltergeist again.

Pre-rolling for if it comes up.
Ranged touch: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 20
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6


Detect Undead:
The aura flies away from you and into the middle of the room.

Suddently the skeletal prisoner appears with a scream of anguish in the middle of the room just to instantly vanish a moment later.

Detect Undead:
He is still in the middle.

Time for saves against being frightened again (DC 14 Will of be frightened 1d4 rounds). Since it is less than 24 hours since your last encounter those who saved yesterday are immune. Those who failed, well let's see if you a brave today.

@Lyla You notice the scalpel stuck in the door framing next to the wooden beam.
It doesn't seem to be stuck to deep, but removing it would seem to be still a full round action. If you want it to your searching already counts as walking there (so you don't need to use another round to do that).


Male Human (Taldan) wizard (manipulator) 1 / HP 8 of 8 / F+1 R+3 W+3 / AC 13.13.10 / Init. +3 / Perc +0

Lyla made the save yesterday so she's immune
Lord Bramwell's Will Save vs. Fear: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Bramwell remembers being terrified by the ghost the day before, and is ashamed of having deserted Lyla; this time, as the fear starts creeping up inside, he resists with all his will and resolutely shakes it off. Unable to hit the ghost, he keeps helping Torald in his attacks.

Aid another (Torald's Attacks): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


Female Halfling Alchemist 3 / HP 22 of 22 / F+3 R+6 W+2 / AC 16.14.13 / Init. +3 / Perc +9

Lyla sees the scalpel sticking out of the door and removes it carefully to avoid breaking the blade. She looks back and sees the rest of the party engaged in the fight against their invisible enemy.

Full-Round action - get the scalpel


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

Will Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17


Still missing Toralds and Kalinas actions (and Kalinas save)

Grand Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle 2

Kalina's Will Save. Extra +2 Undead Resistance. 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 = 11
Runs screaming again apparently, back towards the outside. 1d4 ⇒ 3


Cerana can also already post her actions, it doesn't look as if the readied action will go off...


Female Elf Wizard 3, HP: 18/18, AC 17/14f/13t, Fort: +2 Ref: +6 Will +3, Init: +5, Perception: +9 (darkvision)

Cerana seeing that she won't be able to count on Kalina's support at current will run over to the table and grab hold of as many scalpels as she can With a standard action , in hopes of stopping the poltergeist from using them against her or the others.


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

Torald activates detect evil to see the ghosts aura.
Then he moves to the ghost.


Cerana manges to swipe up all the scalpels that lie there ordered.

While Lyla pulls the scalpel from the beam the massive piece of wood suddendly starts to fall in her direction.

DC 10 Reflex save to avoid being crushed for 1d8 Damage.

Detect Undead:
The aura didn't move and is still in the center of the room.

Everyone can post his/her next actions.


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

Torald charges to the Aura

Attack: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 2 = 17 Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 9 Damage: [dice]1d4 + 5[/
dice]


Female Halfling Alchemist 3 / HP 22 of 22 / F+3 R+6 W+2 / AC 16.14.13 / Init. +3 / Perc +9

Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8

Holding the scalpel in her hand, Lyla turns around to look for the ghost, completely oblivious to beam behind her. The wooden structure collapses over her before she can even realize, hitting her hard and opening a large cut in her head. She lets out a cry of pain and surprise, and then runs away in tears and grabs Lord Bramwell's cape, hiding behind him. Between sobs, she extends her hand and hands Bramwell the scalpel.

Actions: move to Bramwell and hand him the scalpel.


Male Human (Taldan) wizard (manipulator) 1 / HP 8 of 8 / F+1 R+3 W+3 / AC 13.13.10 / Init. +3 / Perc +0

Lord Bramwell takes the scalpel off from Lyla's hands, and seems worried about the girl's injury. Through their telepathic link he whispers Stay behind me, dear. It will be over soon. He looks at the old blade and hopes it will have the same properties as the other one. Holding it firmly, he thrusts the scalpel in the air targeting the same space Torald attacked, not knowing what it is exactly that he is trying to hit.

Attack (-2 broken condition, 50% miss chance: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 5 - 2 = 22 for: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 100
Current AC = 19 (using shield)


Female Elf Wizard 3, HP: 18/18, AC 17/14f/13t, Fort: +2 Ref: +6 Will +3, Init: +5, Perception: +9 (darkvision)

"Someone point me at it, I'll try to direct fire." Cerana says as she dumps the knifes into her bag.

Cerana prepares a magic missile spell towards the direction of the poltergeist when someone directs her. Move action to hastily dump the scalpels in her back, if she can do that she just holds onto them.


Sorry, my fault that there was no post for a few days, somehow I thought we still missed some actions (missed Torald and forgott Kalina was fleeing). Well, and I played to much BG:EE to doublecheck.

Bereft of his knifes the ghost starts throwing other things, starting with a small bottle reading "Cure", which splitters on the wall after having missed Cerana head by more than one foot.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Female Elf Wizard 3, HP: 18/18, AC 17/14f/13t, Fort: +2 Ref: +6 Will +3, Init: +5, Perception: +9 (darkvision)

Cerana maintains her cool and keeps herself at the ready for if and when someone points out the target for her.

Cerana keeps readying an action for the same thing

Grand Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle 2

Sorry, fleeing again. Not much help pointing to things.

851 to 900 of 936 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Finkmilkana's Carrion Crown Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.