Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Finkmilkana's Carrion Crown

Game Master Finkmilkana


651 to 700 of 936 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

Torald tries again to hit the scythe but he misses another time.

Standard Action: Attack

Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 + 2 = 13


Male Human (Taldan) wizard (manipulator) 1 / HP 8 of 8 / F+1 R+3 W+3 / AC 13.13.10 / Init. +3 / Perc +0

As his morningstar misses the scythe, Lord Bramwell recomposes himself and prepares to attack again. Hold on, I'll help you, utters a voice inside the eidolon's head. He feels Lyla's small hand touch his back, filling him with magic. Holding his shield high in front of him, Bramwell swings the weapon in a circle, gaining momentum, and then dishes out another strike, violently hitting the hovering blade.

1. Lord Bramwell holds his action
2. Lyla moves and casts guidance on Bramwell
3. Lord Bramwell takes a 5-foot step to get into flanking position and attacks 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 6 + 2 = 23 damage 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Grand Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle 2

For the heck of it, Kalina will swing with her sickle again.
attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6


After taking some more hits the manifestation shivers, shrinks and then suddently vanishes, the blade falling to the ground with a loud clank.

As a reminder, you are standing at R6 (map linked in Campaign Infos). A small, locked and still sturdy looking door leads into the building from this balcony. At R4 was the main gate which you ignored until now.
Now just post what you are doing (and if you want to do something it would be nice to post something like "XY tries to force the door open.", in the past it was sometimes hard to guess that you wanted to do something once some discussion was over (or even that it was over), leading to delay. If the group wants to do something someone should still do it.

Grand Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle 2

Kalina stares at the sturdy door with frustration.Is anybody with us that can pick a lock?


Male Human Fighter(unarmed)1/rogue1

"I have some idea how to pick locks, though I'm not the best at it."


Female Elf Wizard 3, HP: 18/18, AC 17/14f/13t, Fort: +2 Ref: +6 Will +3, Init: +5, Perception: +9 (darkvision)

"I think the doctor is quite good at that if I remember. I unfortunately do not know the knock spell so I can't help you there."


Male Human (Taldan) wizard (manipulator) 1 / HP 8 of 8 / F+1 R+3 W+3 / AC 13.13.10 / Init. +3 / Perc +0

Lord Bramwell steps forward, walking past Kalina, and approaches the door. He looks at it atentively, and solemnly proclaims "I suppose I could try, if you all do not mind." He runs his hands smoothly over the door hinges and knob, as well as its whole surface, carefully looking for any signs of a trap. Once again, he senses Lyla approaching from behind.


Female Halfling Alchemist 3 / HP 22 of 22 / F+3 R+6 W+2 / AC 16.14.13 / Init. +3 / Perc +9

"There you go", Lyla says, as her hand glows with arcane power. She touches her Eidolon infusing him with magical aptitude. She then steps back leaving room for Bramwell to work.

Lyla casts guidance
Lord Bramwell looks for traps - perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
In case Bramwell doesn't find any traps, he tries to pick the lock. Otherwise, he tries to disarm the trap - disable device 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


It doesn't look like he has Thieves Tools or does he? In the end it doesn't matter here but would be nice to know.

Lord Bramwell musteres the door and doesn't find any trace of a trap, thus he starts to tinker with the lock. Already after a short while he has to give up, the lock was a quite good one and the rust did also jam it. It doesn't look like his expertise is enough to get it open. Should you want to continue this way breaking it down or getting someone more versed with locks seem to only feasable ways.

The open lock DC is 30 with Thieves Tools, without it's not really possible (DC 40).


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

Torald inspects the door.

It's quite old. Maybe brute force could help here.

Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4


When does brute force not help? Here at least it semms to do, but could take some time.


Male Human (Taldan) wizard (manipulator) 1 / HP 8 of 8 / F+1 R+3 W+3 / AC 13.13.10 / Init. +3 / Perc +0

Is this a strong wooden door (hardness 5, 20 HP, break DC 23)?

"I don't think I can open this, but we can tear it down. If there's someone or something inside, though, our presence will surely be noticed."


Female Halfling Alchemist 3 / HP 22 of 22 / F+3 R+6 W+2 / AC 16.14.13 / Init. +3 / Perc +9

Lyla seems bored with the exploration of the grounds so far. She looks away from the group and says "If you ask me, I say we just walk in through the front door."

Grand Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle 2

Yeah, I guess its silly to keep pounding away at this one. Sorry to drag you all on a wild... scythe chase.


Female Elf Wizard 3, HP: 18/18, AC 17/14f/13t, Fort: +2 Ref: +6 Will +3, Init: +5, Perception: +9 (darkvision)

Well... someone probably already noticed our presence though. It was fairly loud out here, what with the clashing of metal against a scythe. I can cast an Enlarge person spell if it would help anyone bust the door down?


Male Human (Taldan) wizard (manipulator) 1 / HP 8 of 8 / F+1 R+3 W+3 / AC 13.13.10 / Init. +3 / Perc +0

Upon hearing Cerana's words, Lord Bramwell puts away the shield and tightens the grip on the morningstar, holding it two-handed.

"Well, if that's the case..."

A loud crack comes from the splintered wood as Bramwell strikes the door right in its center.

damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Since you deal enough damage to overcome the hardness, lets just skip the pounding.

After a few more strikes Lord Bramwell manages to break down the door.
Inside you see a short hallway leading into what seems to be one of the cellblocks. Row upon row of what seems to be iron barred cells are visible on both sides, all still coated in ancient ashes, broken only where molds started to grow. You also believe to see skeletal remains near some of the bars and are sure that more lie deeper in the cells.
Should someone be here to have heard you breaking down the door he does nothing to announce his presence.

A map can be found here and in Camapign Info.
Right now you stand near T4b and look into the hallway T4. One square is 10 foot.


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

Hm, straight ahead it looks like prison cells. I think we should first look to our left.

Torald steps cautiously out in the hallway and looks around.

Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9


You notice nothing out of order, but almost every cell is inhibited by a skeleton. It seems many of the prisoners on this top level cells were left to die once the fire started, as the riot never reached out of the subterranean high security cells and the guards had no interest in saving them.

Since I just noticed that it is possible to missunderstand it, the skeletons are just corpses and not undead.


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

Then forward. We don't gain anything by resting here.

Torald walks cautiously through the hallway, looking in every cell.

Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12
Stealth: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (16) - 2 = 14

Grand Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle 2

Kalina joins in investigating the cells they pass. If the doors are unlocked she'll examine each skeleton. It's so sad. Just being left here to burn to death. Maybe their crime was only stealing food for their children, or insulting a nobleman. And then just to be left, forgotten... Desna, I pray you, judge them with mercy. They have already been punished.


Female Elf Wizard 3, HP: 18/18, AC 17/14f/13t, Fort: +2 Ref: +6 Will +3, Init: +5, Perception: +9 (darkvision)

Cerana follows behind Torald with a detect magic active. Seeing if this place still has lingering magic.


Most of the doors you find still locked, only 4 of the cells are open thanks to rusted locks.
After walking through the hallway for about a minute you suddenly hear a flute, playing a beautiful yet chilling melody. The sound seems to come from the middle of the cellblock, but you see nothing there.

Perception DC 20:
You also hear the buzzing a wings from the direction of T2. It reminds you of the insects that attacked you in town.


Male Human Fighter(unarmed)1/rogue1

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
"Sounds like more of those bugs up ahead."


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5

I don't hear them, but I know, under this helmet the noises are muted. From where do trhey come?


Male Human (Taldan) wizard (manipulator) 1 / HP 8 of 8 / F+1 R+3 W+3 / AC 13.13.10 / Init. +3 / Perc +0

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

"I hear them too. These seem to have wings, though."

Bramwell advances slowly towards the buzzing assuming combat posture.


Female Halfling Alchemist 3 / HP 22 of 22 / F+3 R+6 W+2 / AC 16.14.13 / Init. +3 / Perc +9

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Lyla rolls her eyes upon Raoul's and Lord Bramwell's announcements. "Oh, great. Hope this time they are not venomous! Everything in this town is either carrying some filthy disease or some nasty poison. Blergh."

Grand Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle 2

Kalina looks up from the current skeleton, perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
What's that flute music? Wasn't there a piano the last time icky things attacked us?


Female Elf Wizard 3, HP: 18/18, AC 17/14f/13t, Fort: +2 Ref: +6 Will +3, Init: +5, Perception: +9 (darkvision)

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

"Think these ones will be aggressive?"


After a few more seconds you notice a ghostly flute manifesting in the hallway and just in that moment the bones of the inmates starts to shake, gently at first before pulling together and starting to move. Luckily only some of the cells are open, thus most are still caged as in their moment of death. You also hear that the buzzing moves toward you.

An map with markers can be found here. The one in Campaign Info is also updated. I have added those of you who wrote pretty much exactly where they are already. Should you have a problem with that placement, change it. The rest can just place them self were they want between them. Remember that one square is 10 ft and not 5, thus up to 4 can stand in one.
The skeletons are still forming, thus will do nothing this round besides it and the Stirges are not yet there. I'll roll initiative once for all enemies with the average bonus.
Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

[Stirge 1,AC 16, touch 16]
[Stirge 2,AC 16, touch 16]
[Stirge 3,AC 16, touch 16]
[Skeleton 1,AC 16, touch 12]
[Skeleton 2,AC 16, touch 12]
[Skeleton 3,AC 16, touch 12]
[Skeleton 4,AC 16, touch 12]
[Flute, AC 10, incoporal]

Roll for initiative.

Grand Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle 2

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Kalina will decide her action when it gets closer to her turn.


Female Halfling Alchemist 3 / HP 22 of 22 / F+3 R+6 W+2 / AC 16.14.13 / Init. +3 / Perc +9

Lyla's initiative 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Lord Bramwell's initiative 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Female Elf Wizard 3, HP: 18/18, AC 17/14f/13t, Fort: +2 Ref: +6 Will +3, Init: +5, Perception: +9 (darkvision)

Initiative: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14


Male Human Fighter(unarmed)1/rogue1

Initative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


Lets say they get to act first, then the player can all act together.

The skeletons finish to assemble and then rise, ready to claw at everyone they get into their range. You also hear the buzzing coming towards you, it should pass the corner at any moment. Lord Bramwell even get's a first glance at 3 Striges, flying towards the music like in a frenzy.
Meanwhile the melody goes into a crescendo, taking a dramatic turn and chilling you to the bones.

Everyone on his turn please roll a DC 14 Will Save, failure means you are frightened as long as you hear the flute and 1 round afterwards.

1d6 ⇒ 1

Kalina has to also make a second Will Save DC 14, if you fail you don't need to declare actions this round.

Oh, and everyone who isn't already on it should place himself on the map.

Grand Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle 2

Will Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

...Aaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!


As the Skeleton in front of her gets up Kalina just stands motionless, staring towards the flute.

Kalina:

As the melody changes you can't take your eyes of the flute and as you watch a ghostly figure slowly forms around it. A skeletal figure, wrapped in a long, brown coat seems to be playing the instrument, its cold, mummified eyes locked onto your gaze. Around it four equally spectral Stirges flap rhythmically, now turning towards you. Still enthralled towards the ghostly flutist you watch in horror as the bloated insects slowly move towards you.

You are paralyzed for one round. Directly prior to your next turn you have to make another Will Save (you may already roll it now).


Female Halfling Alchemist 3 / HP 22 of 22 / F+3 R+6 W+2 / AC 16.14.13 / Init. +3 / Perc +9

Finkmilkana, the maps is "view only" for me, I think you mihjt have to alter the file permissions. Lyla is behind Bramwell, next to Kalina.

Lyla's Will save (+2 against fear effects) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Lord Bramwell's Will save 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Lyla screams "Kalina, get out of the there!" and immediately starts conjuring some sort of magic, holding the final words and movements while she waits for the oracle to reposition herself.

Lyla: ready action - wait for Kalina to move and cast grease in the cell under the skeleton


Male Human (Taldan) wizard (manipulator) 1 / HP 8 of 8 / F+1 R+3 W+3 / AC 13.13.10 / Init. +3 / Perc +0

Lord Bramwell runs down the corridor and attacks the stirges, aiming to strike the one in the middle.

move action - run to stirges
standard action - Attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


Should be editable now

Grand Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle 2

Kalina is frightened into immobility. She won't be going anywhere until she makes a will save. :O


Male Human Fighter(unarmed)1/rogue1

Will: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

Will Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

In the name of Sarenrae, you shall be banished.

Torald charges the flute and pours a flask of holy water over it.

Ranged Touch Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Damage: 2d4 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5


Female Halfling Alchemist 3 / HP 22 of 22 / F+3 R+6 W+2 / AC 16.14.13 / Init. +3 / Perc +9

Lyla casts grease despite Kalina not moving, but tries to avoid targeting the area in which she is standing.


1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

The skeleton near Kalina momentarily looses balance but the nearby wall prevents it from falling and so it regains its footing after only a short moment.

As Torald pours holy water over the pipe its song is shortly interrupted by a painfull high note before resuming.

Now waiting for Raouls and Ceranas actions.


Female Elf Wizard 3, HP: 18/18, AC 17/14f/13t, Fort: +2 Ref: +6 Will +3, Init: +5, Perception: +9 (darkvision)

Cerana draws her staff and casts Mage Armour on herself.

Edit: and a will save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Ignore the above, I'll be doing that next round.


Oh, I just noticed that I wrote whoever fails his save is frightened, I actually meant shaken, Kalina was hit with a different effect. Well, lets just roll with it and make it shaken beginning the next round (as long as you hear the flute). That means everyone is done for this round.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

The skeleton near Kalina claws at her, but misses.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

One moves towards Torald and attacks him, but it misses too.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

From the next hallway one skeleton moves up to Lord Bramwell, claws at him and also misses, the dead don't seem to be very precise. But then he is swarmed by the stirges and they latch onto him, starting to drink blood.

Lord Bramwell suffers 3 Constitution Damage

[Stirge 1, 5 HP, AC 12, touch 12]
[Stirge 2, 5 HP, AC 12, touch 12]
[Stirge 3, 5 HP, AC 12, touch 12]
[Skeleton 1,4 HP, AC 16, touch 12]
[Skeleton 2, 4 HP, AC 16, touch 12]
[Skeleton 3, 4 HP, AC 16, touch 12]
[Skeleton 4, 4 HP, AC 16, touch 12]
[Flute, 13 HP, AC 10, incoporal]

1d5 ⇒ 2
Kalina and Lyla both please make a DC 14 Will Save (if you fail, I don't need actions from you this round). Should Kalina make it, please roll a second one. Those frightened last round are only shaken from now on.
Your actions please.


Female Halfling Alchemist 3 / HP 22 of 22 / F+3 R+6 W+2 / AC 16.14.13 / Init. +3 / Perc +9

Will Save 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 (+2 if it's a fear effect)

Lyla runs up to Lord Bramwell and casts grease under the two skeletons that are closing on him.

651 to 700 of 936 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Finkmilkana's Carrion Crown Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.