Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Finkmilkana's Carrion Crown

Game Master Finkmilkana


601 to 650 of 936 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>

Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

Has anyone of us something to deal with these prides of rats?

Grand Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle 2

I have a spell that would get most of them in a 5' radius area. Does anyone else have something? Kalina looks around hopefully.


Female Elf Wizard 3, HP: 18/18, AC 17/14f/13t, Fort: +2 Ref: +6 Will +3, Init: +5, Perception: +9 (darkvision)

Well, I do have a spell prepared that would affect quite a few. Though I fear the spell would not work on vermin. Perhaps a spell to slow them down but I don't think that will be all that useful in this situation as I expect these things to be quite quick anyway. None of my current spells work that well against vermin unfortunately.


Male Half-Elf Alchemist (Vivisectionist/Chirurgeon) 2

Benedict smiles humbly, "My skills would not be of help in that area, though I don't know if we should be focusing on vermin when we are here to counter the Whispering Way. Let's focus on what is important. We can come back here later if someone wishes."

Grand Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle 2

Before leaving, Kalina takes a quick peek into the tower room thru the broken door. (Darkvision 60')


Kalina:
Besides many, many rats and a lot of dirt the tower seems empty.

On your way to the house:

DC15 Perception check:
You notice that the grass around the edges of the foundation has been cleared and strange runes have been edged into the stones and then smeared with now mostly washed away blood. They do not radiate magic and seem to be written in Varisian. Besides a multitude of magical incarnations you notice the name Lyvar Hawkran repeated quite often.

Only after making the perception check (or being pointed to it, sadly it seems I can't stack spoilers).

DC 20 Knowledge Arcana or Religion:
You believe the runes were used in a greater ritual involving abjuration and necromantic magic.

You then proceed to the stairs. They lead to a large, weatherbeaten stone balcony. In its middle rests a large, rectangular block of stone. Placed on it long ago, the rusted blade of the headmans's scythe, it's shaft long since rotten to nothing, still rests where it took a good many lifes.
On the eastern side you can still see the remains of wooden benches below a row of small, barred windows. In the northern wall sits a still stoud wooden door.


Male Half-Elf Alchemist (Vivisectionist/Chirurgeon) 2

Perception Check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Benedict walks on lost in thought.

Grand Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle 2

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Look there are Runes on these steps. Kalina pauses to check. They're not magical, but I can't really make out what they mean, other than this name. Can any of you make it out? Maybe you Cerana? Her tone shows obvious respect for the Elven woman's wisdom.


Female Elf Wizard 3, HP: 18/18, AC 17/14f/13t, Fort: +2 Ref: +6 Will +3, Init: +5, Perception: +9 (darkvision)

Before I do these checks, am I able to take 10 for knowledge and do I need to make a perception check since Kalina pointed it out to me?


Male Half-Elf Alchemist (Vivisectionist/Chirurgeon) 2

Benedict notes the name, "Wasn't that name in one of the Professor's books? I cannot remember the exact context though."

It seems like we have lost some players. It has been a while since some have posted.


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

Perception 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7
Knowledge Religion 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Hm, these symbols tell me nothing


Yes, sadly it seems to be that way. I'll not wait for anyone who hasn't posted for some time, but maybe some will return. Generally if someone wants to quit or can't post for an extended period of time, please tell it to the rest of us.

@Cerana You need not roll perception but since this check is "no retry" (until more ranks are attained) I would say you have to roll for the Knowledge.


Female Elf Wizard 3, HP: 18/18, AC 17/14f/13t, Fort: +2 Ref: +6 Will +3, Init: +5, Perception: +9 (darkvision)

Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

"Let's see, no unfortunately I don't know much about this. I will take a note of them, maybe I can look it up later. Shall we move on?"

Cerana notes down the runes on the steps to research at a later date.


Male Human Fighter(unarmed)1/rogue1

"I guess the next step is to either enter the tower and deal with the rats, or we can move to the main building and enter the prison itself."

Grand Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle 2

I think we had already decided to leave the rats alone. The runes are at the base of the prison steps.

Al-alright. Let's go on then At the top of the steps Kalina will cast another Detect Undead


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

Ok, I'm ready to enter the main building

Torald uses his ability to detect undead when we enter the building


Kalina and Torald:
As you approach the balcony you sense very faint negative auras all over it, too weak for true undead and with an higher concentration near the deathmans block.

Go on?

Grand Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle 2

There's something... off, but not really undead here. I guess executing all those people was going leave a trace. Let's keep going? says Kalina, trying to hide her nervousness.

Suddenly, realizing she forgot to try something, Kalina runs back to the bottom of the steps and casts Read Magic on the runes. Afterwards she'll rejoin the group.


Kalina:
As there is nothing magic remaining in the runes for this complex ritual read magic does not do as much as hoped for much, though it helps you understand a few of the phrases.
You get a +2 Bonus to decipher its use.

Grand Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle 2

Kalina tries again to understand the use of the ruins:

Knowledge Arcana:1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 2 = 13
Her Knowledge Religion previously was 18, can she add the +2 now?


Sure, just look into the spoiler but 20 didn't bring up that much actually.
Since by now no one said "no" I'll assume you try to enter the main building through the balcony.
Since you seem to be kinda unsure were the group is right now I'll start marking your current position on a map once you are inside.

You make your way over the balcony to the door only to notice that it is still locked after all those years.
While examining it you suddenly hear a rustling from behind. As you turn you see the rusted remains of the scythe slowly lifting from its resting place and a spectral handle, hold by skeletal hands manifesting.

Those with detect undead:
As the Scythe raises the auras on the balcony seem to merge into it, creating a whirlwind of necrotic energy that guides the weapon

Roll for initiative!

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

[Executioners Scythe, HP 32, AC 22, touch AC 14, flat-footed 19]

Knowledge Arcana or Religion 15:
While the Scythe seems not to be a undead being it is certainly animated by such forces, the concentrated fear and anger of those executed here.

I don't think we need a map against one enemy who most likely dies in round one or two, if you want one tell me.
In general I'll try to post a bit more regularly from now on, the last 3 weeks were quite straining. But it would help quite a bit if you SAID that you indeed want to do something, sometimes the games goes on for a few days without anyone of you announcing an action. Quite hard to advance in such a cases if you try to avoid to much railroading.


Male Human Fighter(unarmed)1/rogue1

initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Grand Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle 2

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

The Sythe doesn't seem to actually be undead, it's more like it's powered by all the fear and rage of people executed here...


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

Knowledge (Religion) 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Male Half-Elf Alchemist (Vivisectionist/Chirurgeon) 2

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
If Benedict is before the scuthe, he will close with it and attack with a dagger that appears in his hand from nowhere. If he is not before the Scythe, then he will wait for an opportunity to flank and then attack.

Attack dagger: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Damage: 1d4 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + (2) = 5
+2 to attack if flanking


Ok waited long enough, anyone who hasn't posted initiative by now can enter later should he return.

Initiative Order:
Benedikt
Scythe
Kalina
Raoul
Torald

While the weapon is still rising Benedict reacts and tries to hit the Scythe with his dagger but is unable to damage the rusted metal.
In return the Scythe swings at him, cutting deep into his left arm.

To hit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Damage: 2d4 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5

Grand Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle 2

When it is her turn to act, Kalina will use a "Haunt Siphon" hoping to drain whatever fuels the scythe.

how is a siphon used? Open it, near the creature?


Yes, just open it and it deals 3d6 positive energy damage. But remember that you haven't gotten that many of them.


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

Torald closes with the scythe in flanking podition with Benedict and slashes with his Scimitar at the scythe.
Attack: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 2 = 15 Missed


Male Human Fighter(unarmed)1/rogue1

Raoul moves in and attack the scythe with a kick.
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 And misses.


It's Dr. Benedicts turn right now. (and Kalina still has to roll damage if she wants to use a siphon, once Benedict posts his actions I'll assume she did it and roll for her.


Male Half-Elf Alchemist (Vivisectionist/Chirurgeon) 2

Benedict's eyes widen as his dagger has no effect. He steps sideways to put himself in a flanking position with Raoul, hoping his kicks have more effect than a puny dagger. He slashes out with the dagger recklessly, hoping to distract the spectral scythe.

Aid Other to give Raoul a further +2 to hit. Attack dagger:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 Hit a 10 AC so I aid Raoul.


Kalinas Damage with the Siphon: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 2) = 12

[Executioners Scythe, HP 20, AC 22, touch AC 14, flat-footed 19]

The Scythe swings at Torald and misses him by quite a bit.

to hit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

All of you are quite sure that it's somewhat tricky to damage the weapon's metal with light weapons.

Your turn


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

Torald drops his shield and swings his scimitar with both hands.

New AC: 18
Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 Miss
Damn

Grand Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle 2

Unsure what to do since she doesn't think she can harm the scythe with her weapons, and her shooting stars ability works best against a number of small opponents, she takes a gamble, and casts cure light wounds at it-as if it were undead:
Touch attack:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Damage:1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Darn!


Since you didn't post for quite some time, I'll assume both of you will "Aid another" Torald.

Aid another Benedict: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Aid another Raoul: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

So Torald gains +2 to hit for his next attack (and don't forget flanking).

[Executioners Scythe, HP 20, AC 22, touch AC 14, flat-footed 19]

The Scythe keeps swinging at and missing Torald.

to hit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

You are also quite sure that the Scythe would likely react to positive energy like an undead and for example holy water could help to subdue it.


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

Torald let's his Scimitar drop and draws his warhammer.

Sarenrae, I please you, guide my hands against this undead filth!

Them he swings his weapon at the scythe.

Free Action: Let Scimitar fall.
Move Action: Draw warhammer.
Swift Action: Smite Evil
Standard Action: Attack

Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 25
Damage: 1d8 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 4 = 17


Female Elf Wizard 3, HP: 18/18, AC 17/14f/13t, Fort: +2 Ref: +6 Will +3, Init: +5, Perception: +9 (darkvision)

Initiative: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

I'm guessing I should join in the next round of combat.


Female Elf Wizard 3, HP: 18/18, AC 17/14f/13t, Fort: +2 Ref: +6 Will +3, Init: +5, Perception: +9 (darkvision)

Sorry thought I was meant to wait till next round, posting now actions now.

Even when I think we will be fighting undead, we find something not quite undead. These days are full of surprises. I really need to prepare better.

Cerana takes a step away from creature trying to distance herself then fires off a splintered spear.

I wonder if this will work...?

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Damage (if it hits): 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


Female Halfling Alchemist 2 / HP 16 of 16 / F+3 R+6 W+1 / AC 16.14.13 / Init. +3 / Perc +7

Finkmilkana:
Hello! Back from vacations, ready to get back to the game, if that's ok. I'm posting Lyla's and Bramwell's actions, but feel free to insert them in the right initiative order.

Lyla hides behind Lord Bramwell and pushes him slightly towards the hovering scythe. Go do something!, she whispers in his head.

Lyla's Initiative 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Lord Bramwell's Initiative 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Lyla stands back, away from the scythe, and will take a total defense action.


Male Human (Taldan) wizard (manipulator) 1 / HP 8 of 8 / F+1 R+3 W+3 / AC 13.13.10 / Init. +3 / Perc +0

With shield and morningstar in hands, Bramwell advances and attacks the scythe, swinging his weapon violently.

Move action: walk to the Executioner's Scythe
Attack: morningstar 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Grand Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle 2

I hope I'm not throwing away these spells for nothing Kalina tries another Cure Light Wounds on the Scythe

Touch Attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Damage 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Let's go on another round.

[Executioners Scythe, HP 8, AC 22, touch AC 14, flat-footed 19]

You notice the manifestation getting weaker and Toralds hit drove a big notch into the rusted steel. Still the Scythe keeps swinging at him, but misses once again.

To hit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Your turn, post in any order you like. Maybe we should start to do that from now on, it may be not ideal but surely speeds things up a bit.


Male Human Fighter(unarmed)1/rogue1

Seeing how much damage Torald did to the scythe, Raoul will try to aid him again.
aid: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Grand Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle 2

Not wanting to waste anymore spells, Kalina will attempt to strike the scythe with her scimitar. More importantly, she will also try to aid Raoul by moving into a flanking position opposite him.

attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2


Male Human Producer of hot air (sometimes cold air too)

Torald tries again to hit the scythe with a mighty swing

Standard Action: Attack

Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 2 + 2 = 19 Miss


Female Elf Wizard 3, HP: 18/18, AC 17/14f/13t, Fort: +2 Ref: +6 Will +3, Init: +5, Perception: +9 (darkvision)

Cerana fires off a magic missile against the scythe.

Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Everyone who hasn't posted already will be skipped over for this round.

[Executioners Scythe, HP 3, AC 22, touch AC 14, flat-footed 19]

Once again the Scythe swings and misses, although only by inches.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Everyone can post once again.


Male Human Fighter(unarmed)1/rogue1

Raoul tries to Aid again.
Aid: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

601 to 650 of 936 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Finkmilkana's Carrion Crown Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.