Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Finkmilkana's Carrion Crown

Game Master Finkmilkana


551 to 600 of 936 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>

The only gargoyles anyone of you can see are some few remaining on the mostly carved in roof of the main building.

Lyla:
Out here you sense no magic but inside the prison area everything gleams in a very faint necromancy aura.

You then proceed though the gate towards the small building.

Torald:
As you cross the border of the prison suddently your whole skin stands in flames.
Then as soon as it started and before you really realise whats going on the fires are gone again.

DC 12 Will Save or be shaken for [dice]2d4[dice] minutes

After a short walk you reach your goal. The small two story building seems untouched by the fire that destroyed the mansion but it non the less looks even more ruined that the bigger building.

DC20 Perception or DC15 Know(engineering) check:
The whole house looks quite unstable. You doubt it will survive the next winter and it seems also possible that disturbing it could lead to some partial collapses.

You guess that searching the house would take around 10 minutes.


Female Halfling Alchemist 3 / HP 18 of 22 / F+3 R+6 W+2 / AC 16.14.13 / Init. +3 / Perc +9

The magic aura inside Harrowstone makes Lyla a bit nervous. Noticing some of her fellows advancing, she decides to warn them about it.

"Hey guys, careful there. There's... death magic inside the prison." She looks at Cerana waiting for confirmation. "Isn't that right?"

Lyla's Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Lord Bramwell's Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Grand Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle 2

Kalina does a Detect Undead at the small house. She will do another one when they near the prison proper. I have a bad feeling about this.


Kalina:
You detect no Undead in the house


Male Human Fighter(unarmed)1/rogue1

perception:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Male Half-Elf Alchemist (Vivisectionist/Chirurgeon) 2

"Ash, can you tell if someone has been in the house recently?" Benedict asks as he eyes the structure with some trepidation.
PERCEPTION CHECK: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21


Female Elf Wizard 3, HP: 18/18, AC 17/14f/13t, Fort: +2 Ref: +6 Will +3, Init: +5, Perception: +9 (darkvision)

Cerana casts detect magic .

I presume it will yield the same as Lyla's so I will check that spoiler tag.

"Yes child, there seems to be necromantic energy around this area. Not a very pleasant thing. Let us be on our guard."

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

Will Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4 Shaken for 2d4 ⇒ (1, 3) = 4 Rounds

Torald beats at his arms and body like they stoud in flames for a second.
After this second he looks irritadet down himself.

There were flames for a second. I've seen them, but now they are gone like they were never there.


@Torald: It was minutes and not rounds


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

Ok, missed that

Grand Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle 2

Did any of us see the flames?


@Kalina No, only he did.


Female Elf Wizard 3, HP: 18/18, AC 17/14f/13t, Fort: +2 Ref: +6 Will +3, Init: +5, Perception: +9 (darkvision)

When searching the house even if we fail the perception check do we see anything? I'm just finding it hard to react to the little information I have.


First you would have to start searching it, as I understood you, you are still standing in front of it. As I said that would take 10 minutes, you just have to tell me if you want.


Female Elf Wizard 3, HP: 18/18, AC 17/14f/13t, Fort: +2 Ref: +6 Will +3, Init: +5, Perception: +9 (darkvision)

Alright then, by the way the last post was laid out I thought the searching was that check.

Cerana taps on Toralds shoulder and makes a motion with her head to signify that she is going inside. She steps in then starts to search the house.


Yeah, I can see how those who didn't make the check could get that impression.

1d10 ⇒ 8

From the inside the house looks even more ruinous than from the outside, rotten remains of furniture laying scattered on a decayed, cracked wooden floor. From the look of it this was a residential building and not part of the actual prison tract.

Keep searching? You have searched the house to 1/10, basically only getting a first impression of a few rooms on ground level.


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

Torald steps in too and begins to search

Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15

Grand Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle 2

Sir Torald, what could make you think you were surrounded by flames?Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Nervously, Kalina will follow Torald and search the small building too. she'll start with the first floor, and if it's steady enough, move up to the second. Might as well take 10 on each floor.

First floor Perception:1d20 + 6 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 10 = 30
Second floor Perception:1d20 + 6 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 10 = 24


1d10 ⇒ 3
1d10 ⇒ 4
1d10 ⇒ 4
1d10 ⇒ 9

Kalina:

You are quite sure that both Illusion or Enchantment Magic would be able to create such "flames".

Again the part from the spoiler a bit back, as I didn't see you rolling a check back there and you would make it with your rolls
The whole house looks quite unstable. You doubt it will survive the next winter and it seems also possible that disturbing it could lead to some partial collapses.

Upon closer examination you are also quite unsure if the second floor is still stable enough to support people rummaging on it.

You take your time searching the first floor, but can't find anything of interest, the only things remaining are broken furniture, rotten drapery and a spot in one room that looks as if some derelict lived there for quite some time a few years back. Everything valuable or interesting seems to have been plundered long ago.

Go on to the second floor?


Female Elf Wizard 3, HP: 18/18, AC 17/14f/13t, Fort: +2 Ref: +6 Will +3, Init: +5, Perception: +9 (darkvision)

When everyone else is ready and so she isn't left alone Cerana moves onto the second floor to look around.


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

ditto

Grand Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle 2

I-I don't think the second floor is sturdy enough to hold us.


Male Half-Elf Alchemist (Vivisectionist/Chirurgeon) 2

"I agree. It seems that someone lived here after the disaster. They probably would have found what there is to be found. If we are going to search the upstairs anyway, it would probably be wiser to have only one person go. I'll volunteer if we need one."


Female Halfling Alchemist 3 / HP 18 of 22 / F+3 R+6 W+2 / AC 16.14.13 / Init. +3 / Perc +9

Lyla waits outside the decrepit old building as the others venture inside. She shouts from the door, so as to be heard by her comrades, "Hey guys, you call out if there's anything interesting in there!"


Just to make sure: Cerana and Torald go up?

Grand Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle 2

I agree with the Dr, only one person should go. Maybe the lightest. I'll go. Kalina will head towards the stairs unless somebody else does something.


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

As you please. I'll wait for you downstairs.

Grand Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle 2

With a brief prayer of Pharasma guide my steps Kalina heads up. She walks slowly and carefully, checking her footing before placing her weight.

She'll keep the 24 perception unless you'd like her to roll again.


Female Elf Wizard 3, HP: 18/18, AC 17/14f/13t, Fort: +2 Ref: +6 Will +3, Init: +5, Perception: +9 (darkvision)

Cerana just nods and lets Kalina goes up on her own.

Do be careful...


1d10 ⇒ 3

As you slowly climb the stairs you have to skip a few steps as they appear unstable. Once you reach the upper floor you get the same impression as downstairs, only that water ingress through the leaky roof has amplified the decay.

1d10 ⇒ 7
1d10 ⇒ 5
1d10 ⇒ 10

Searching the rooms as good as safely possible at first you find nothing of interest either but as you already prepare to go back down a swollen, loose floor board catches your eye. Hidden under it you find a little pouch, inside a few coins and a small, intricate silverclasp.

The coins amount to 25 gold and 4 silver

1d10 ⇒ 2

On your way back down you step on a rotten log which promptly splitters, sending shudders through the whole building, but luckily it doesn't start a chain reaction.
Without further incidences you reach the rest of the group.

Grand Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle 2

There wasn't much to see, except this. It looks like someone's already cleared the place out. Kalina shows the pouch to the group, and does Detect Magic on the silver clasp.


No magic


Female Elf Wizard 3, HP: 18/18, AC 17/14f/13t, Fort: +2 Ref: +6 Will +3, Init: +5, Perception: +9 (darkvision)

"Well then, that's one less place to narrow down then. Should we move onto the other buildings?" Cerana only has a quick glance at the clasp seeing if she recognizes anything discernible about it.

I would like to roll a knowledge check but not sure what it would be. Knowledge local, history or religion? Or would you like me to roll all 3?


I would say the most appropriate checks would be Appraise and Knowledge:Nobility or maybe History/very high local.


Female Elf Wizard 3, HP: 18/18, AC 17/14f/13t, Fort: +2 Ref: +6 Will +3, Init: +5, Perception: +9 (darkvision)

I'll do a History then, they are the same for me anyway.

Knowledge (history): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19


Male Half-Elf Alchemist (Vivisectionist/Chirurgeon) 2

Knowledge: Nobility 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Benedict glances at the clasp and shrugs. "I suggest we take a look around the exterior of the prison before going in the main entrance. Maybe we can find a less obvious way in."


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

Knowledge (Nobility): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
You're right Benedict, we don't need any surprises in our back when we enter the main Building.


Kalina and Torald:
You identifie the Highmold crest etched into the clasp. Seems as if it once belonged to Vesorianna.

Grand Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle 2

I think the spoiler above was meant for Cerana and Torald.

Kalina seems nervous, but determined to be brave. Alright, let's look for another way into the prison.


Yes, it was. When you want to progress tell me where exactly

Grand Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle 2

Well... Kalina muses out loud, the east side seems to be submerged in water, but I think I see steps on the Northwest side of the walls. Should we look at them?

Could you put a link to the maps under "Campaign Info?" The maps are so helpful, but I had to go hunting a bit.


Done


Male Human Fighter(unarmed)1/rogue1

"Yes, let's go up the stairs, those will most likely go to windows so we can look in before going in."


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

I think, Kalina means those stairs over there, which are leading to a tower on the wall. It would be a goog place to get an overview.

There is an h too much (hhttp) in the link to the map

Grand Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle 2

I actually meant R6 the steps on the side of the main building, but the steps at R3 going up the tower would be ok too.


Female Elf Wizard 3, HP: 18/18, AC 17/14f/13t, Fort: +2 Ref: +6 Will +3, Init: +5, Perception: +9 (darkvision)

Cerana nods in agreement about moving, she waits until everyone is ready so that she may follow.


Which now, R3 or R6?


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

R3


Actually R3 doesn't make sense, since you are at R3. I presume the top R2 was meant.

You approach the outer wall and climb the stairs to the western tower. As you come near the broken door you seen many, many large rats inside. Out of every crack or hole small, hungry eyes monitor you.

Enter the small towerroom?

Grand Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle 2

Sorry, I actually meant R6-- I want to go up the stairs on the side of the prison itself. Kalina is too shy to be a leader, so she's hoping someone else will move us forward.

551 to 600 of 936 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Finkmilkana's Carrion Crown Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.