Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Final Fantasy D20

Game Master Crayfish Hora

After the War of the Lions, the dust settled. But war cannot be escaped.


1 to 50 of 91 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Sczarni

Chapter 1, Business is Booming

The caravan wheel rolled along the plains. The road split through the fields of grass and rolling hills. The two chocobos pulling the wagon cawed into the setting sun. The wagon master wore a tabard with the same symbol that was on the side of the wagon, a white bird with a coin pouch in its beak. Those that walked beside it had all been hired by this new, up-coming company of merchants in Gariland, the Magic City. Their name, Triumph Co., inspired and reassured their investors and customers alike.

Many of the escorts were drawn into this new world by an outside source. Left by their own devices for so long, they gradually became together in a sense. Though not necessarily having worked together, they had been enticed to do so for the gratuitous amount of gil offered for the job's completion. Some have tried to live off the land, but poachers, bandits, and wild beasts make this life difficult and gil is the easier solution.

Or perhaps they generally wanted to assist others and this struggling company's woes concerned them. Regardless, the wagon approached the woods around Dorter, their destination. The city wasn't in sight, but the wagon master Ya'd his chocobos forward. Time was money and with so many escorts, the caravan was confident. At the same time however, Triumph Co. clearly expected danger, even from the short trip.


Mithra Dancer 3

The proud Mithra strode along the left-hand side of the lead wagon, eyes scouring the terrain for attack.

Although he wore neither weapon nor armor, he dressed in a manner consistant with classical duelists: Loosely worn white silk shirt, black leather pants, highly polished black boots, a swordbelt with an empty scabbard, and neat, narrow-brimmed traveler's hat with a Chocobo feather sticking upright from the band.


Female Hume Samurai 3 | HP: 23/36 | AC: 17 (10 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 | Speed 20 ft | Sen 0/2 | Active conditions: Fatigue (-2 Str, -2 Dex)

Lifah was a rearguard and walked behind the wagon.

She wore common traveler's clothes - sturdy boots, brown pants and shirt. Over her breastplate was a cloak with a hood, currently taken off. A longbow was strapped to her back and her left hand lied relaxed on the hilt of her katana.


Male Au Ra Viking/3

Torben also in the rearguard position strolled behind the wagon, his eyes surveying the terrain for signs of movement.

Dressed in brown monk like clothing with blue war paint across each cheek, scale mail armour and heavy wooden shield with the symbol of a snarling blue war bear in one hand. His mighty great axe holstered on his back with his other hand gripping the hilt ready for the potential perils ahead.


Male Moogle Blue Mage 3

Athwin walked on the right of the wagon; looking around curiously as he clutched his power staff


Female Gria Dragoon.3

Vonvina takes up position as the left hand guard looking around with watchful eyes.

She wears crimson red colored chain shirt and pants, she also has a tattoo on her left of a serpent rapped around a spear.
On her back she carries a halbred and a metal shield engraved with the same mark on her hand.

Sczarni

The wagon rolled along without a word spoken. Old superstitions about yelling into the darkness and how it attracted danger and all that. The tree line was approaching and the trees towered over the wagon. Near a road sign beside the dirt road..

Everyone except the rear-guard:

A bonfire seemed to be burning near the road and a dark clothed figure slinked off into the woods. This bonfire was very wildly moving about and it must have been fed often.

Front Guard:

The bonfire began to move, floating in the air. Upon nearing 100ft, it was clear to see that this wasn't a bonfire at all! The large eyes and grinning mouth marked this as a beast found often in the Siedge Weald. The living embodiments of fire are usually hostile.


Female Gria Dragoon.3

Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
yelp


Mithra Dancer 3

"I dare say, chaps, that it looks like that fire is moving to assail us." he then adds in a shout "Into the fray!" as he moves towards the creature.

Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Female Hume Samurai 3 | HP: 23/36 | AC: 17 (10 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 | Speed 20 ft | Sen 0/2 | Active conditions: Fatigue (-2 Str, -2 Dex)

"Time to do what we were paid to do, it seems." After she heard the Mithra, Lifah unsheathed her sword and moved forward.

Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Sczarni

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Time to see what's gonna go down tonight! Post your combat stuff (remember, 2 rounds worth), then I'll narrate all the craziness at once. Then if everyone is still alive, we do it again. Get ready for...RO-SHAM-BO!

The caravan driver woahs the chocobos at his escorts' words, squinting his eyes at the bomb, "What in the tarnations! We're not even in the woods yet! The bomb seemed to have noticed the approaching wagon and the chocobos were giving worried bwawks.

Round 1:

The bomb flies 30 ft towards the wagon and inhales greatly, seeming to ready something for the first to near it. First target within 35 of it gets Fire II cast on it. DC 12 to negate burning status.

vs. touch: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
damage: 3d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 2, 6) + 4 = 13
2 mana spent.

Round 2:

The bomb bites the nearest target if there's one within melee range. Or it flies another 30ft and casts Fire II to the against the nearest escort.

vs. touch: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
damage: 3d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 5, 6) + 4 = 20
2 mana spent.

melee chomp: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Female Human Fighter (Gunblade Specialist) 1/Sword Saint (Blademaster) 2 | HP: 1/32| AC: 17 (12 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +6 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +8 | Speed 20ft | Stamina: 10/10, Combat Stamina: 3/3 Active Conditions: None.

Noh lies in the rears of one of the wagons, heavy canvas laid over her. Idly she thumbs at a paper charm hanging from her neck and hums to herself. She can hear nothing of what's happening outside the wagon, let alone hear it. In fact, if it weren't for the hole she cut in the wood she would have been smothered entirely by now. Only the occasional bump in the road interrupts the solitude.

The wagons come to an abrupt stop at one point, and she worries that they may have opted to check the cargo. All she can do is lie as still as possible.


Female Hume Samurai 3 | HP: 23/36 | AC: 17 (10 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 | Speed 20 ft | Sen 0/2 | Active conditions: Fatigue (-2 Str, -2 Dex)

I'm not sure how do you want to describe our actions, so here it goes.

Lifah charges into the enemy, slashing it with diagonally with all her strength and following it with even heavier slash made to stagger an opponent.

Round 1:
Attack, Charge, PA: 1d20 + 9 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 9 + 2 - 1 = 26
Damage, 2h, PA: 1d10 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 3 = 17
-2 to AC until the beginning of the Round 2.

Round 2:
Attack, Heavy Slash: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 9 - 2 = 19
Damage: 1d10 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 - 2 = 7
Fort save DC 13 or the target is staggered for 1 round.


Mithra Dancer 3

Round 1: Rivalle double moves towards the fireball.
Round 2: Rivalle engages it in hand to flame combat:

Attack Roll: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Damage Roll: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Female Gria Dragoon.3

Vonvina charges and jump toward the creature, stabbing her halbred and into the creature. then once she land back on the ground she prepare her self for any attacks against her.

round 1: attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31
damage: 1d10 + 3d6 + 8 ⇒ (7) + (5, 4, 1) + 8 = 25

round 2: total defense


Male Moogle Blue Mage 3

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Knowledge: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
"Incoming monster kupo! Athwin shouts as he grips his staff more tightly

Round 1 Athwin Scans the creature [it needs to make a DC 14 Will save to resist] moves towards it and uses Analysis Knowledge: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

Round 2 Athwin uses Scan again if it failed and if not within 30ft he moves there and casts Engulfing Winds on the creature
Wind Damage: 4d4 ⇒ (1, 2, 1, 3) = 7
Squalled: 1d4 ⇒ 1
DC 14 Fort to negate the Squaled effect and halve damage

all of my Knowledge checks that I use to identifiy cratures are the same so I don't know if you want me to pick which one I'm using or just roll


Male Au Ra Viking/3

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

"To Valhalla"

Round 1: Torben roaring like a bear charges into the enemy, shield raised in front and axe drawn back ready to strike.

Round 2: Swinging his great axe at the creature with all his might.

Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

Damage: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Sczarni

reflex save, Lifah: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
bomb: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

The bomb floated forward and inhaled deeply upon Lifah's approach. Halfway into her charge, the fiendish creature belched a fireball that collided into her chest and created a small explosion that lit up the night. Lifah emerged from it a moment later and cut into the beast. The bomb recoiled and grew wider, its eyes bearing down on the ex-noble.

The mithra musketeer arrived at Lifah's side, blade at the ready. The moogle marches forward and eyes the beast and gains knowledge on how it works. Shoots fireballs, bites things, and explodes! Armor jingling in the dark, the dragoon comes running in and deflates the bomb with her halberd chop, just as it grew even larger. Sizzling out into non-existence as the others arrived, the wagon driver hollers out, "Righto! On with ya, wilely birds." Snapping at the reigns, the chocobo wagon resumed its march into the wilderness.

Sczarni

The nightly hours carried on and the wagon wasn't stopping. The driver yawned but snapped his reigns to go through the Weald as quickly as possible. The road through was bumpy and the earth was eroded by streams and rivers of water. The trees, once inside the Weald, were sparse and one could hear the sounds of wild beasts out in the distance.

The driver was nodding off and didn't quite see the dip in the road. The chocobos jumped over it, as best they could, but the wagon wasn't as agile. It collided into it and the contents inside hit the roof of the wagon cover and slammed back down. The driver awoke and looked down the side of the wagon, "Darn wheel has popped off!" He got out of his seat and scratched at his back, moving to take a look over the wheel.


Mithra Dancer 3

"I say old chap, bad spot of luck there. perhaps we should get one of these bruisers to give it a lift so we can replace the wheel? I daresay, these woods do not look to be the sort of place where a gentleman would like to spend his evening hours."


Female Human Fighter (Gunblade Specialist) 1/Sword Saint (Blademaster) 2 | HP: 1/32| AC: 17 (12 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +6 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +8 | Speed 20ft | Stamina: 10/10, Combat Stamina: 3/3 Active Conditions: None.

Noh scrambles to ensure that she remains hidden among the scattered contents of the wagon.

Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Sczarni

There was scramble inside inside the caravan while the driver rubbed at his scruff, "Aye, I think that's a swell idear." Looking to his escorts, he waved anyone willing to catch his weary eye, "You there lad! Help me with dis."


Female Hume Samurai 3 | HP: 23/36 | AC: 17 (10 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 | Speed 20 ft | Sen 0/2 | Active conditions: Fatigue (-2 Str, -2 Dex)

While Lifah diligently blends into the woodwork as she doesn't want to help at all, she hears some noise from inside the wagon. She looks inside to check if everything's all right when she sees someone trying to hide in all the mess. "Hey! We have a stowaway here!"

She unsheathes her katana and points it at the stowaway. "Come out!"

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


Male Au Ra Viking/3

Torben begrudgingly stomps over to the wagon, "looks like you could do with a hand..."

Back braced against the wagon with a large exhale Torben attempts to lift the wagon so the wheel can be replaced.

Strength: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Female Gria Dragoon.3

"Looks as though you could use a hand." as Vonvina says walking up next to Torben.

Strength: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15


Female Human Fighter (Gunblade Specialist) 1/Sword Saint (Blademaster) 2 | HP: 1/32| AC: 17 (12 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +6 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +8 | Speed 20ft | Stamina: 10/10, Combat Stamina: 3/3 Active Conditions: None.

Noh stands up slowly to acknowledge Lifah. Her gunblade is hanging, holstered, from her right hip.

She does not move to get down from the wagon. Instead, she watches Lifah with a blank face. Her hand hangs steadily near the holster, ready to reciprocate any sudden violence.


Female Hume Samurai 3 | HP: 23/36 | AC: 17 (10 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 | Speed 20 ft | Sen 0/2 | Active conditions: Fatigue (-2 Str, -2 Dex)

"Who are you?" asks Lifah. As the woman doesn't seem to attack right away, Lifah warily lowers her weapon.

Sczarni

Torben and Vonvina lifted the wagon's side and the driver places the wheel back onto the strut. Standing up and yawning, "Just let me get my hammer..." Lifting a brow, as he overhears the cargo trouble, "Aye, what's this? A stowaway? Well, Mr. Drumpf don't take kindly to free fare."

That was a bomb floated into the edge of others' visions, led by four short, purple hatted figures with large noses. They wore matching caps of red and carried swords and small bows. One pointed to the wagon, "Gob! Gobbo, gob-gob!"

The driver turns around and squints his eyes, grabbing his cap and tossing it onto the ground, "Tarnations! Monsters, at a time like this..." Acting like a true hero, he scrambled to hide underneath the wagon, "Don't get paid enough fer this!"


Mithra Dancer 3

"Here now, here now, what's all this kerfluffle? A hooligan sneak-thief about our midst? Outrageous!"

says the Mithra as he comes to investigate the commotion. Noticing the creatures preparing to attack, Rivalle says "You there. Time to start earning your ride, and I expect no Tomfoolery! help us deal with these chaps coming to fracas with us!"


Female Hume Samurai 3 | HP: 23/36 | AC: 17 (10 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 | Speed 20 ft | Sen 0/2 | Active conditions: Fatigue (-2 Str, -2 Dex)

"What, again? And now five of them, great!"

"Yes, either help, or don't interfere."

Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

So, the edge of the vision is a bow distance (~100 ft.), I guess?


Female Gria Dragoon.3

"I second Lifah, help or standby."

Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


Male Au Ra Viking/3

"Arh something to swing my axe at, leave some for me!"

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11


Female Human Fighter (Gunblade Specialist) 1/Sword Saint (Blademaster) 2 | HP: 1/32| AC: 17 (12 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +6 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +8 | Speed 20ft | Stamina: 10/10, Combat Stamina: 3/3 Active Conditions: None.

Noh draws her own weapon from atop the wagon. She places a boot on the side, ready to leap off towards the bomb.

"I'll earn my keep... for now" she mutters.

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11


Male Moogle Blue Mage 3

Athwin keeps watch and wonders about the nature of the figure he saw before noticing the bomb

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
knowledge: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
I speak Goblin, though i doubt knowing what they said will help

"More? I hope this is the last of them kupo

Sczarni

Kupo Translator:

"There! Kill, man-things!"

Kupo Knowledge:

Goblins are a common threat to man and often attack in groups. They make their own weapons or scavenge them from their victims. They are also capable of making crude plans and can set up basic traps and ambushes.

The goblins were within ear-shot when they had arrived, as their footfalls had been very quiet. The goblins were within 60ft of the caravan, with the bomb 30ft behind them. It was the first thing the escorts saw when the ambush started, as it was impossible to hide the giant, flaming ball. The goblins were in this tightly packed square with 2 in front and 2 in back.

bomb: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Goblin Surprise Round:

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

2 Back Goblins fire arrows.
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

target: 1d6 ⇒ 1 (1 Dancer, 2 Samurai, 3 Dragoon, 4 Viking, 5 Gunblade, 6 Moogle)

1d4 ⇒ 4
1d4 ⇒ 2

2 Front Goblins prepare their Goblin Punches for the first target to approach.

vs. touch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
vs. touch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 12 Reflex Save or prone.
1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 12 Reflex Save or prone.

2 small arrows fly from the darkness and though they don't catch the dancer off guard, they do find place in his arm and leg. Rivalle takes 6 damage

It's time to Ro-Sham-Bo!

Round 1:

Front Goblins likely punch someone and spend their readied actions. They attack with their swords, but don't leave the frontline. If no one approaches, they continue holding their punch. If they knock someone prone, and no one approaches, they hold their slice.

attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3
damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Back goblins will fire their arrows or draw swords when threatened.

Arrow Slings
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

1d4 ⇒ 3
1d4 ⇒ 3

target: 1d6 ⇒ 6 (1 Dancer, 2 Samurai, 3 Dragoon, 4 Viking, 5 Gunblade, 6 Moogle)

Sword Swings
attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1
damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2
The bomb will move up behind the 2 Back goblins and cast Fire II against the closest target. Or stay where it is if all the goblins die, and cast Fire II on the closest target.
vs. touch: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
damage: 3d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 6, 4) + 4 = 16 DC 12 to negate Burning Status.

Round 2:

The 2 Front Goblins, if they are still alive, cut into those close to them.

attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1
damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1

The 2 Back Goblins will fire their arrows or draw swords threatened.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

1d4 ⇒ 3
1d4 ⇒ 1

target: 1d6 ⇒ 6 (1 Dancer, 2 Samurai, 3 Dragoon, 4 Viking, 5 Gunblade, 6 Moogle)

Sword Swings
attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2
damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

The bomb will either bite someone in melee with it or cast Fire II again.

vs. touch: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
damage: 3d6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 1, 4) + 4 = 12 DC 12 to negate Burning Status.

melee chomp: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Female Gria Dragoon.3

"Here I come!" Vonvina says charging and jumping at the goblins.

Reflex saves;
1: Ref.: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
2: Ref.: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

jump: attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22

damage: damage: 1d10 + 3d6 + 8 ⇒ (5) + (1, 5, 5) + 8 = 24

then as she lands on top of the goblin, she swings her halbred at the remaining goblins.

attack(make way!): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

damage: 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11


Male Moogle Blue Mage 3

Round 1: Athwin moves forwards; uses Scan DC 14 Will on a goblin before readying himself to cast Engulfing Winds on the 1st enemy to come withing range

Wind Damage: 4d4 ⇒ (4, 1, 3, 1) = 9
Squalled: 1d4 ⇒ 4
DC 14 Fort to negate the Squaled effect and halve damage

Round 2: If a close enemy looks badly injured Athwin moves within 30ft and uses his Power Staff on them

Ranged Touch Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Lightning Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

otherwise he cats Engulfing Winds on an enemy who seems to be trying to flank his allies [moving forwards if necessary though only as much as he has to]

Wind Damage: 4d4 ⇒ (1, 4, 2, 3) = 10
Squalled: 1d4 ⇒ 4


Female Hume Samurai 3 | HP: 23/36 | AC: 17 (10 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 | Speed 20 ft | Sen 0/2 | Active conditions: Fatigue (-2 Str, -2 Dex)

Lifah takes her bow and shoots the archer goblins, moving a bit closer with each shot.

Round 1:
Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8
Move 10 ft. closer.

Round 2:
Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6
Move 10 ft. closer.


Mithra Dancer 3

Round 1:

Rivalle moves into combat with the Goblins.

Round 2:

Rivalle will attack one of the Goblins.

Attack Roll: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Damage Roll: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2


Female Human Fighter (Gunblade Specialist) 1/Sword Saint (Blademaster) 2 | HP: 1/32| AC: 17 (12 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +6 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +8 | Speed 20ft | Stamina: 10/10, Combat Stamina: 3/3 Active Conditions: None.

Noh hops down from the goblins and hustles towards the group of enemies, bringing up the rear of the caravan guards.

Round 1

Double Move

Round 2

Move 20 ft and draw gunblade. Standard action to attack nearest enemy

Sweeping Slash: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Trip: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23


Male Au Ra Viking/3

Torben hastily moves toward the goblins muttering something about songs and tales of victory.

Round 1:

Double Move towards the goblins

Round 2:

Charge into combat attacking the closest goblin

Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

Damage: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Sczarni

Goblin: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10
Goblin: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Goblin: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Kupo Learning:

The goblins possess a special punch that can be learned! It has enough force to knock someone down and seems to be thrown much farther than melee range.

The goblins held their defensive/offensive square, until the lancer jumped at them and impaled one of the front guards. With her boots firmly on the dead goblin's stomach, she swung wildly, but the back goblins ducked under her weapon. The bomb drifts to the back of the goblins and belches a fire ball at the dragoon, pounding her in the chestplate.

One goblin cuts the dragoon and arrows fly past, one catching the moogle as he attempts to cast a spell. He seems to hold the charge, but none of the goblins were moving toward them. The goblins then take cover behind their front guards as arrows are returned at them.

The viking lumbered forward, but the goblins were agile enough to avoid his swing. It left a dent in soft ground though. The swashbucklin' mithra approached and delivered a fine slice across the other front-lining goblin. The two back goblins took a few steps out of the reach of the dragoon and fired their bows. As the moogle began to cast again, the goblin's arrows found themselves in his shoulder and leg, causing him to lose his spell.

But the stowaway slid along the mossy ground and spun about, cutting the goblins legs clean off with her strange weapon. The surprised goblin soon bled out on his back.

The bomb held its ground, now with a goblin archer on both its sides. It launched another ball of fire from its mouth at the dragoon but she dodged it this time.

concentration: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
concentration: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
concentration: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


Female Gria Dragoon.3

"Let's try this again!" Vonvina yells swing the halbred at the goblins once more.

attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
damage: 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

she then jumps at the bomb.

attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21
damage: 1d10 + 3d6 + 8 ⇒ (1) + (4, 2, 3) + 8 = 18

Sczarni

Round 3:

Those goblins are toast.
The bomb will grow in size when struck by the halberd since the goblins are on either side of it.

The bomb will 5ft move into melee range of the dragoon and bite.

melee chomp: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Now, unless it explodes...

4d6 ⇒ (6, 6, 6, 5) = 23Half physical, half fire. Reflex Save 14 for half.


Round 4:

And the bomb bites again, with a possible inflation to size. The target may be the dragoon

melee chomp: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Mithra Dancer 3

Rivalle will engage the floating ball of fire.

Round 3:

Attack Roll: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Damage Roll: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5

Round 4:

Attack Roll: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Damage Roll: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1


Female Hume Samurai 3 | HP: 23/36 | AC: 17 (10 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 | Speed 20 ft | Sen 0/2 | Active conditions: Fatigue (-2 Str, -2 Dex)

Lifah drops her bow and charges into melee with her katana.

Round 3:
Attack, Charge: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 2 = 18
damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Round 4:
Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


Female Gria Dragoon.3

reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

If the bomb does blow up.


Female Human Fighter (Gunblade Specialist) 1/Sword Saint (Blademaster) 2 | HP: 1/32| AC: 17 (12 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +6 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +8 | Speed 20ft | Stamina: 10/10, Combat Stamina: 3/3 Active Conditions: None.

Round 3
Noh weaves through the caravan guards and goblins to face off with the growing bomb. She was a quick study, and at the very least she figured that killing the thing before it got any larger would be the best decision.

She throws herself at the bomb, letting the weight of the gunblade carry her through the strike. With practiced ease she lets her index finger fall onto the battered trigger mechanism and pulls. In a split second the firing hammer strikes a cartridge within the cylinder, causing a massive explosion to come shooting out of the gunblade. The recoil pushes Noh back, but she was expecting it and uses the moment to set herself back into a nuetral stance.

5 ft step to bomb (We're not using a hard map here, at least not one I can see) and if I'm following the flow of action correctly I should be within 10 ft of the bomb). Full-Round action to full-attack using two-weapon fighting and gunblade expertise

Falling Slash: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Heavy Slash v AC 10: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 DC 13 Fort save or be staggered for one round
Damage: 1d10 - 2 ⇒ (5) - 2 = 3

Reflex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Round 4
Breathing in the smoke from the first shot from the revolver, Noh throws her stance wide, hacking at whichever enemy is within reach of the gunblade. The moment she connects she pulls the trigger again, causing a second blast of fire to come screaming forth, all the while dancing carefully to ensure that she is not caught in the backdraft.

Spending a Full-Round action to set up Defensive Focus


Male Moogle Blue Mage 3

Round 1: Engulfing Winds on the bomb; or an goblin archer if it's dead

Wind Damage: 4d4 ⇒ (1, 3, 1, 2) = 7
Squalled: 1d4 ⇒ 2
DC14 Fort

Round 2: Same again

Wind Damage: 4d4 ⇒ (2, 1, 2, 1) = 6
Squalled: 1d4 ⇒ 3
DC14 Fort


Male Au Ra Viking/3

"Darn stand still and fight"

Torben turns his attention to the bomb charging forward to engage.

Round 3

Attack charge: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
Damage: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Round 4

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Damage: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

1 to 50 of 91 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Final Fantasy Tactics, D20 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.