Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Fevered Dreams

Game Master JonGarrett

Website of Fun
Battle in the Blood Drinker's Lair Map


301 to 338 of 338 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

HP: 30/44 (+8 when raging) -- Bloodrage: 11/14

Having been back in the room long enough to get the gist of the conversation, Jennifer speaks up.

"Don't make this more complicated than it has to be." Looking at Jared, "Do you care what happens to her? If not, fine. I'll take care of things."


GM of all he Surveys

"I'd prefer to not kill her," Jared replied softly to Jennifer, "And so would you. Baobhan Sith curse those that kill them."

Carm smiled at that note. "I do not know when the Hunt rides, for I am not a rider." She looked at Jennifer questioningly. "So which is it to be? Is your lust for my life enough to overcome the fear of a curse?"


Inc 5 | HP: 12/22 | Melee: +2, Ranged: +5 | AC: 16, Touch: 16, FF: Never | Fort: +2, Ref: +7, Will: +9 | Init: 11 | Perception: +12/+22 to Spot

Miyu held up a talisman that briefly flickered with green fire. "Fear? No." she said. "I refuse to be cowed into submission by threats from people like you, and I'll gladly take care of you myself if I think that's the best course of action. We mortals aren't so weak that a few curses are enough to scare us off."


HP: 30/44 (+8 when raging) -- Bloodrage: 11/14
Overlord Jon wrote:
"I'd prefer to not kill her," Jared replied softly to Jennifer, "And so would you. Baobhan Sith curse those that kill them."

"Well, that would be pretty hypocritical, considering she just effectively killed someone else in a nightclub bathroom. But whatever; 'take care of' doesn't always mean kill. We'll lock her up someplace dark and out of the way. Does she need to breathe? How about food and water?"


GM of all he Surveys

Jared nodded thoughtfully, although the look he gave Jennifer suggested that 'take care of' wasn't usually meaning tea and crumpets in this situation. "There are bound to be ways to hold her, yeah. Certain sites are anathema to the Fae, places they can't willingly go and can't willingly leave or use their powers. Valda might know on near here we can use." He looked over. "Tell her to send a message, saying I'll pay a blood price on top of the details of this little plot. The Fae are literal - if it was me biting him that killed him, then regardless of the circumstances leading to it, they'll hold me at least part responsible."


Kayal Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 4 | HP: 35/35 [+33/33] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: Cold+15 Elec+15 | CMD:18 | F:+7 R:+9(7) W:+9 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | 2nd: 1/1 |

"Everything is complicated with the fae, and if they're looking for a fight - or a hunt - they will likely, possibly hypocritically, add further bloodshed if she's killed without being brought before them." she said with a frustrated sigh and shrug. The hoop jumping these sorts of thing required were such a headache.

"I'm happy to message Valda..." Nurai said, turning back to Tom with a smile motioning for her phone with a nod and a thanks, "If anything, Valda'll likely be glad for an update after my last message. Hopefully she will know a good place, I'd rather not have to keep watch on Carm for however long this takes to get settled, though they might..." she said with a chuckle as she started typing out a message. It took Nurai several minutes to finish her long message, during which time the shadow remained as they were, just standing there...staring at Carm.

Message for Valda:
"Update - The Baobhan Sith, Carm, set Jared up by request of an unknown master in the Hunt who wants the Hunt to happen to strengthen the Hunt or strike fear in mortals or other such typical reasons. Jared asks I tell you that he will pay the blood price on top of the details of this scheme & we also need a place to safely put a Baobhan Sith until this mess is dealt with though apparently there is some sort of backup plan if the truth is revealed. None of this stuff is ever lovely and simple, is it? Side note - found out the stories of scots being afraid of shadow people as omens has some truth to it, they may be having too much fun. ~N*A<3"


Female Human (Valkyrie) Warpriest 4 | HP 31/31 | AC: 21, T: 14, FF: 17| Fort: +8, Ref: +2, Will: +7 | BAB: +3, CMB: +9, CMD: 23, M.Attack +11(1d8+10)| Init: +0 | Perception: +0 | SP: 9/12 | Fervor: 4/7 | Momentum: 8/9

"Well, I said I would not harm her and I will stand by my word. All in all, I think bringing her to Valda would be the best course of action."


Human (Haunted One) HP 50/50| Init +6(10)| AC: 20(24) CMD: 18 F:6 R:6 W:9| Perception: +12|Active Element(Air)

"Three plans." Thomas mused to himself quietly. "And probably a fourth and fifth in case everything goes to s@@%. I wonder how they were going to pull this off without having the whole thing fall on top of their heads and see them all destroyed."


Inc 5 | HP: 12/22 | Melee: +2, Ranged: +5 | AC: 16, Touch: 16, FF: Never | Fort: +2, Ref: +7, Will: +9 | Init: 11 | Perception: +12/+22 to Spot

"Never underestimate the power of human stubbornness." Miyu offered as an answer. "Whatever they may think, we are not powerless. They have weaknesses. They bleed. They die. I don't really like fighting unless I have to, but the worst thing you can do when Others are aggressive is bend over and let them do what they want. If you stop taking their crap, then eventually even they will learn to stop trying to give it."


GM of all he Surveys

A moment after Nurai messaged Valda, her phone rang. Answering it reveals the lady herself, and she asks to put on speaker.

"Well, this sounds like a messy situation. From the sound of it you guys have determined Jared is innocent, this Baobhan Sith - is that that how you pronounce it, bo-van-shee? - was the one responsible for his death even if she didn't directly kill him? OK. Well, I know a place you can all hold her. Old iron mine - Fey love those things. She won't be comfortable, but it won't hurt her either unless you leave strapped to an iron desk. I'll send you the GPS now." The phone beeped in affirmation.

"Anything else I should know about, Angels?"


HP: 30/44 (+8 when raging) -- Bloodrage: 11/14

"Well, a question. The Hunt has a plan in place should their plan become 'revealed,'" Jennifer uses air quotes at the phone. "Who would this plan have to be revealed to that the Hunt would consider using a contingency plan? And there's another plan i if the horn that calls the Hunt is bound with favors.

"I'm not from Fever, so I don't know who the movers and shakers are. Would you know that, or is that something we need to figure out?"


GM of all he Surveys

"It'll depend on whose doing what, exactly, but as a rule the leader of the Hunt is not a friendly being. If he thinks someone has tried to manipulate him into attacking us he will be less than happy. They'll probably be finding bits of whoever tried for days." Valda chuckled throatily at that. She was less than happy with the whole situation, after all.


Kayal Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 4 | HP: 35/35 [+33/33] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: Cold+15 Elec+15 | CMD:18 | F:+7 R:+9(7) W:+9 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | 2nd: 1/1 |

Nurai, leaning against the wall, held up the phone as Valda talked. She - and her shadow - chuckled at the angels reference. Nurai agreed with Jennifer that finding out who to talk was a high priority in getting this over with quickly, but something in what Valda said brought a thought to mind, "Unless...how much possibility do you think it is that Carm's 'master', who she is bound not to name and thinks a hunt is needed as I said in my message, could be the leader of the Hunt?" Nurai said as she tried to think over what she knew on this, glancing over to Carm as she spoke.

Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


Inc 5 | HP: 12/22 | Melee: +2, Ranged: +5 | AC: 16, Touch: 16, FF: Never | Fort: +2, Ref: +7, Will: +9 | Init: 11 | Perception: +12/+22 to Spot

Know Nature (Odds?): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24

"Off the top of my head? Nnnnnnnnnnot impossible. The fey tend to be complicated about things like that." Miyu noted.


GM of all he Surveys

Valda paused, the silence crackling over the phone. "I don't think so. That one doesn't care much about humans until they wander into the Hunt's path. But it's not impossible either. See if you can get the information out of the little limpet you've got there, and I'll look into things my end. But my guess is it's the one we saw at the party, and that is definitely not the boss. A higher ranking lackey more likely."

Pausing once more, she added, "Anything else?"


Kayal Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 4 | HP: 35/35 [+33/33] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: Cold+15 Elec+15 | CMD:18 | F:+7 R:+9(7) W:+9 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | 2nd: 1/1 |

The shadow snorted a laugh at the "little limpet" remark. Nurai glanced over with an amused smile, shaking her head with a soft sigh.

"That big guy certainly was there quick enough, still don't like how... familiar they were with me." Nurai remarked as she glanced around to the others to see if anyone else wanted to speak.


HP: 30/44 (+8 when raging) -- Bloodrage: 11/14
Nurai Ayaulymkyzy wrote:
Nurai remarked as she glanced around to the others to see if anyone else wanted to speak.

Jennifer shakes her head no.


Female Human (Valkyrie) Warpriest 4 | HP 31/31 | AC: 21, T: 14, FF: 17| Fort: +8, Ref: +2, Will: +7 | BAB: +3, CMB: +9, CMD: 23, M.Attack +11(1d8+10)| Init: +0 | Perception: +0 | SP: 9/12 | Fervor: 4/7 | Momentum: 8/9

Rubbing the bridge of her nose, Aurora shakes her head. In hindsight, she should have expected headaches when the Fae came into the matter.

"Alright, let's take it from another angle. Do you know anything about the one who sworn revenge for the murder? Tall guy, birdlike face, bronze armor, a cloak of feather which shifted to pine needle as Summer faded into Winter?"


Human Investigator 5 | HP: 41/41 | AC: 19, T: 13, FF: 15 | Fort: +3, Ref: +6, Will: +10 {+1/+2/+7} | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | CMB: +4, CMD: 17 | Init: +2, Perception: +10 <trap spotter> | Insp 4/6 | SP 8/9 | Speed: 30ft

Solomon turns to Jared with a curious look on his face. "Excuse me sir, but, how did you exit the party last night? Or, this morning? However you choose to see it." Somewhere in the tired thoughts idly swirling through his mind, Solomon suddenly recalled that someone had somehow exited through a tiny window. Yet, if Jared really was innocent and ignorant of any intentional murder, why would he choose such an exit? But, if not him, then who?


GM of all he Surveys

Jared paused, then muttered, "Turned into a bat."

Valda laughed. "You know Vamps don't actually turn into small bats, right? Just the big Dire ones?"

Jared coughed. "Well, yeah, but there's other ways to change shape. I'm kinda better at it than most."

Carmilla stared at Aurora for a moment. "I know one who could be described as such."


Female Human (Valkyrie) Warpriest 4 | HP 31/31 | AC: 21, T: 14, FF: 17| Fort: +8, Ref: +2, Will: +7 | BAB: +3, CMB: +9, CMD: 23, M.Attack +11(1d8+10)| Init: +0 | Perception: +0 | SP: 9/12 | Fervor: 4/7 | Momentum: 8/9

Yeah, shame on me for not asking the whole question. "Well then, tell us all you know about him, bitte."


Inc 5 | HP: 12/22 | Melee: +2, Ranged: +5 | AC: 16, Touch: 16, FF: Never | Fort: +2, Ref: +7, Will: +9 | Init: 11 | Perception: +12/+22 to Spot

"And do try to avoid weaseling out of sharing what you should." Miyu answered, again rather worryingly cheerful as she kept watch over the fey.


GM of all he Surveys

"I cannot speak his name," Carmilla replied, "And can speak only that which he wishes for me to speak in his regard. He is a Noble of the Hunt, Lord of Dogs and Handler of the Black Hounds. He holds no love for this realm, or its people. His strength is equalled by the highest of the Courts, and no mortal has stood before his blade."


Kayal Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 4 | HP: 35/35 [+33/33] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: Cold+15 Elec+15 | CMD:18 | F:+7 R:+9(7) W:+9 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | 2nd: 1/1 |

Nurai raised her eyebrows at Jared's comments, "Interesting choice... my Aнасы has been known to ditch my other mothers' parties by changing to be...so big" Nurai remarks while using using her free hand to put her fingers quite close together before shrugging. "my Aнасы doesn't like parties and likes the tricks one can get away with doing that...so why did you leave via wings? " she asked curiously.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

The shadow kept watching Carm, shifting as they listened intently to the Baobhan Sith, Aurora, and Miyu. At the mention of Black Hounds, they and the summoner shared a brief look but the shadow quickly returned their attention to Carm and those questioning her.


Female Human (Valkyrie) Warpriest 4 | HP 31/31 | AC: 21, T: 14, FF: 17| Fort: +8, Ref: +2, Will: +7 | BAB: +3, CMB: +9, CMD: 23, M.Attack +11(1d8+10)| Init: +0 | Perception: +0 | SP: 9/12 | Fervor: 4/7 | Momentum: 8/9

Raising her eyes, Aurora whips out her phone, whispering "Anasi" a couple of times into a translation app. Oh. Mother. Well, just say so. And she actually is Azerbaijani.

"Well then, it looks like this Master of Puppies" Master of Puppies, I'm pulling your strings "could be the one we're looking for. Unless we have fallen for some sort of misdirection, which is always likely. How should we handle the situation? Make contact with some other powerful fae, hopefully less warmongering?"


GM of all he Surveys

"Never been high as ****, have you?" Jared replied. "I don't get much of a chance to use those skills, and suddenly I felt high and ill and wanted to go home, so I did." The vampire shrugged.

Carmilla smiled slightly at the master of puppies comment. "I look forward you meeting such a pup."


Kayal Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 4 | HP: 35/35 [+33/33] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: Cold+15 Elec+15 | CMD:18 | F:+7 R:+9(7) W:+9 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | 2nd: 1/1 |

Nurai shook her head at Jared's question, thinking as she glanced down at the phone in her hand, "Nope, never really been drunk either... guess it's been pretty ground in to me that in any fun, watching each other's backs, fully choosing, and owning all of it are big part of it. Hard to do that inebriated or mixing unknown stuff - especially with my mixed family, who knows how some of it would react... That and the part of my family with wolf blood treats losing control of oneself, particularly near humans or other outsiders...practically as a capital offence." Nurai said with a chuckle filled with unspoken stories that was echoed by her shadow.

Glancing back up to Jared thoughtfully, considering what she's said, "Did you have any trouble flying back, being high and not doing it much lately? Did you notice anything about it that seemed odd even for being high? I mean, if this is a setup, it's quite possible you, or your friend in this case, was given something that could mess with you..." Nurai said, glancing between Jared and Carm.


Inc 5 | HP: 12/22 | Melee: +2, Ranged: +5 | AC: 16, Touch: 16, FF: Never | Fort: +2, Ref: +7, Will: +9 | Init: 11 | Perception: +12/+22 to Spot

Miyu continued to wait patiently. Nurai seemed to be happy to take the lead in questioning, and for now, the investigator was simply paying attention. After a moment, though... "Do you have anything that ever belonged to this... powerful fey who commanded you?" she inquired.


GM of all he Surveys

"Trouble? No. And even if I did hit a lamp post or two, Vamires regenerate." He gestured to the already healing wounds Jennifer inflicted. He watched the shadow laugh cautiously.

Carmilla shook her head. "No tokens, no gifts, no boons - nothing by which a connection could be made."


HP: 30/44 (+8 when raging) -- Bloodrage: 11/14

"Who are you going to pay a blood price to?" Jennifer aks Jared.


Inc 5 | HP: 12/22 | Melee: +2, Ranged: +5 | AC: 16, Touch: 16, FF: Never | Fort: +2, Ref: +7, Will: +9 | Init: 11 | Perception: +12/+22 to Spot

Well, that was disappointing. She might have been able to pin something if she'd been able to touch it. Even a piece of paper with instructions would have done. Ah, well. It was what it was. No sense getting upset about it - really, if you got too emotional towards the fey, it was probably because they wanted you to do that and you sort of deserved whatever happened next.


Female Human (Valkyrie) Warpriest 4 | HP 31/31 | AC: 21, T: 14, FF: 17| Fort: +8, Ref: +2, Will: +7 | BAB: +3, CMB: +9, CMD: 23, M.Attack +11(1d8+10)| Init: +0 | Perception: +0 | SP: 9/12 | Fervor: 4/7 | Momentum: 8/9

"You won't be there to enjoy the show, darling." Aurora grins at Carmilla. "You'll be safe and sound, surrounded by iron."

"But yeah, I'm stumped. Anything we may have missed?"


Human (Haunted One) HP 50/50| Init +6(10)| AC: 20(24) CMD: 18 F:6 R:6 W:9| Perception: +12|Active Element(Air)

Thomas absorbs all of this looking a little paler compared to how he looked immediately after the fight but otherwise shows no outward signs of anything but careful intake and listening. Inwardly he explored how all these rules and laws that governed this group of people and others literally controlled their universe. It was strange, in training and in the infantry rules, permissions, and orders were everything. But once he hit the mountains and the actual people giving the orders were a million miles away? Orders became guidelines, all that mattered was the mission. Everything else was between you, your mates, and God.


GM of all he Surveys

Jared shrugged. "Whoever was in charge of the little guy. Family, maybe. I'm not sure on how it works for Fey." Looking around, he added, "Alright, you might want to get her into her prison before the sun starts rising and people start moving. Not that it's likely that anyone will see you near ana abandoned mine at this time of year, but better safe than explaining abduction charges."

~~~
If anyone has any other questions for Jared, just ask them in some Spoiler tags.
The small dirt road that led to the mines was about what you'd expect - hard on the suspension of any vehicle that drove down it and harder on the spines of the passengers. A mix of frozen mud and barely thawed puddles made it mildly challenging, but so long as the speed was low no one was in any immediate danger.

The road ended in a dirt lot, the darkened yard of the mine itself behind a thick chain-link fence. A gate sat barring the way further into the facilities, but the heavy padlock shouldn't prove much of a challenge to your destructive potential. Or perhaps an alternative way in could be found.


Kayal Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 4 | HP: 35/35 [+33/33] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: Cold+15 Elec+15 | CMD:18 | F:+7 R:+9(7) W:+9 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | 2nd: 1/1 |

Nurai agreed with Jared as she pulled the map up on her phone. Looking to the others, she asked "How does everyone think we should transport her? My bike has a sidecar but I'm assuming with the duct tape bindings and that its a bit of a trek out there, dirt roads by the look of it, hiding her in a car is a better bet...to avoid abduction charges and all that." before she showed the map to the others. Before leaving, she asked Jared if there was a preferred way to contact him with news and while leaving she could be heard muttering in Kazakh to her shadow who would not stop staring at Carm until she was restrained in a vehicle before they headed with the summoner to her bike. Nurai spent a few minutes getting her helmet and messing with her bike, checking with everyone else before heading.

~~~

With her phone and its GPS mounted to her motorcycle, she followed it, leading the other vehicles at a slow pace once they'd hit the dirt roads. Pulling her bike out of the way and as much out of sight from the lot as possible, she walked up alone to the fence gate and tried to stretch the soreness away as she waited. "Any preferences?" she asked, with a nod to the lock, once everyone was there.


Female Human (Valkyrie) Warpriest 4 | HP 31/31 | AC: 21, T: 14, FF: 17| Fort: +8, Ref: +2, Will: +7 | BAB: +3, CMB: +9, CMD: 23, M.Attack +11(1d8+10)| Init: +0 | Perception: +0 | SP: 9/12 | Fervor: 4/7 | Momentum: 8/9

Aurora hid the spear behind the brushes outside Jared's house. "Stuffing her in the car's trunk looks like our best bet, unless you want me to fly her over. Police patrols won't stop me, but if there are any stargazers or birdwatchers it may be a bit too flashy."


Human Investigator 5 | HP: 41/41 | AC: 19, T: 13, FF: 15 | Fort: +3, Ref: +6, Will: +10 {+1/+2/+7} | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | CMB: +4, CMD: 17 | Init: +2, Perception: +10 <trap spotter> | Insp 4/6 | SP 8/9 | Speed: 30ft

Solomon smiles at Jennifer, but not in a very pleasant way. "What else are enormous SUVs for? I'll ride with Jennifer and we can take... her." Solomon says, indicating the fey woman distastefully. "That is, if you don't mind, Jennifer." He adds politely.


HP: 30/44 (+8 when raging) -- Bloodrage: 11/14

"It's the obvious choice," Jennifer says as she lifts Carm and the chair she's bound to and starts carrying them both down the stairs. Then she'll open the tailgate of her rental, place the bound fey inside, and heads to the mine with Solomon and whomever else is riding with her.

301 to 338 of 338 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Fevered Dreams All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.