Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Feast of Ravenmoor (Inactive)

Game Master mathpro18


301 to 350 of 547 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Female Halfling Rogue 3

Norn once it is time breaks away and heads for the farm

Dm

Spoiler:

Perception

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

Stealth
1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15


Eve you could head to the festival if you want. Tomas you don't see anyone follow Linflass.

Linflass:
You sneak off back towards town and after a few minutes run into Norn and Eldwin

Norn:
You sneak off with out being followed. You get about half way to the farm when you run into Linflass.

Eldwin if you're going to stick to the plan and go with Norn to the farm I'll need a stealth check from you and feel free to read the norn spoiler above.


Male Human Cleric/Level 3

stealth 1d20 ⇒ 5


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger/3

Linflass sees Norn and Eldwin approaching and moves out to the edge of cover, walking up to them.

He explains what he saw and heard at the farm.

"We need to find Eve and Tomas now."

He looks off towards town, a frown on his face.

"I don't know what to do. We could easily overpower the youth back at the farm, interrogate them and look around the farmstead after tying them all up. But I don't know if..."

Shakes his head.

"C'mon. Let's find the others. And be ready for trouble."

What should we do? Just wait for trouble and try to beat it down?


Warpriest 1 HP:9/9 AC:16:12:14 Saves:3:2:5 Init: +2 Skills: Dip +5, Per +7, Sense +5, Stealth +2

She should be easy to spot at 6 foot 3


You guys head back and find Tomas and Eve back at the house.


Warpriest 1 HP:9/9 AC:16:12:14 Saves:3:2:5 Init: +2 Skills: Dip +5, Per +7, Sense +5, Stealth +2

I though Me, Thomas and 2 others were to be at the festival to not raise any suspicions while one did recon, then the other 2 would join up with the other, while me and Tom remained there to keep the absence less notable.


Male Human Ranger/3

That is what I thought as well, but I'll go with the flow. Doesn't really matter to me.


Warpriest 1 HP:9/9 AC:16:12:14 Saves:3:2:5 Init: +2 Skills: Dip +5, Per +7, Sense +5, Stealth +2

Oh crap, I think I know, but Won't say a thing.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger/3

Linflass leads Eldwin and Norn back to his place to see if Eve and Tomas are there, before heading towards the Festival.

He finds them outside. Looking around, all seems the same. "I take it nothing happened here?"

Assuming nothing did.

"The mayor and that crone were at the farm with a bunch of local youths, wearing masks. He told them to look out for us and came back with Alizna; likely to go to the Festival."

"The boys there were lightly armed. I think we could scare them into submission or easily overwhelm them. I suppose we could tie them up in the barn and look around the place, with someone staying on guard."

Pauses, thinks for a half a minute. "We would control the farm. For what that's worth. And take the boys out of the picture for any ambush. And after we look around, we could either camp out there, or go to the Festival."

or...

"Or just know there's a group out there looking for us and head to the Festival now..." His voice trails off.

I should have taken my bow with me and left it at the farm!

"That's what I've got."

He waits for responses.


Female Halfling Rogue 3

"Well if we can take a few of them out now it will make things a lot easier later. I say we jump them before they jump us."


Male Human Cleric/Level 3

"I'm with Norn. It's time to reduce their impact."


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger/3

Linflass nods in approval as Norn and Eldwin reply. He looks expectantly at the other two.

"So? Tomas and I can sneak around behind them and cover them with bows. You three could work your way through the woods or go right up the road. You confront them, weapons at the ready, while Tomas and I fire a few warning arrows to startle them. We don't want to kill or seriously injure anyone, but we have to think they'll try to do so to us if the mayor tells them to."


Warpriest 1 HP:9/9 AC:16:12:14 Saves:3:2:5 Init: +2 Skills: Dip +5, Per +7, Sense +5, Stealth +2

I hope I am wrong about what I think is going on.


And that would be?

I was wrong linflass you find Eve and Tomas at the festival(little misunderstanding on my part). You can still have the same conversation and battle plan if you like once you find them there and pull them off where you feel you're safe.

At the festival:

Eve and Tomas you head off to the festival, figuring you had enough time to check it out before you needed to sneak off to meet Linflass. You get there and things are just barely getting under way. The locals keep their distance from you and you see a few whispering and pointing at you Eve.

There are a few tables that people are starting to put home made food on. There are pies of all sorts as well as various cuts of meat. There is also a table set up for home made alcohol.

About 15 minutes after you arrive the older woman and the mayor arrive. They are dressed in normal clothing and seem to be trying to blend into the crowd but it makes them stand out even more for their efforts. They also seem to be checking on where you are.

If you guys want to retcon and role play at the festival a little bit I'd be okay with it since i screwed up...sorry


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger/3

I'm fine sticking with the conversation we had at the house. I'm waiting on Eve and Tomas' feedback before leading the group back to the farm (which might be tough to pull off now that we're visible at the Festival...)


Warpriest 1 HP:9/9 AC:16:12:14 Saves:3:2:5 Init: +2 Skills: Dip +5, Per +7, Sense +5, Stealth +2

No problem, mistakes happen

"I stick out like a sorethumb.
Given my size, figure and muscles, I expected the whispering and pointing.
It's times like this that I wish, I were more like a normal woman."

she tries some of the food as she walks around.

after spotting the mayor and the older woman
"Looks like they are taking the bait and are not noticing that the others missing."


Male Human Ranger/3

"Yeah it looks like it. They seem to trying awful hard to blend in with the crowd while trying to keep an eye on us. I wouldn't worry about stick out like a sore thumb and if you were more like a normal woman you would be bored to death." , says Tomas as he follows Eve through the festival.

"Whenever you are ready to slip off and meet the others let me know.", he says as he glares at a local staring at Eve.


Warpriest 1 HP:9/9 AC:16:12:14 Saves:3:2:5 Init: +2 Skills: Dip +5, Per +7, Sense +5, Stealth +2

those were thoughts, not words


Male Human Ranger/3

crap :)


You guys slip off from the festival a little ways to get away from prying ears and have the conversation noted above.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger/3

And, take two...

Linflass nods in approval at Norn and Eldwin's desire to clear up the farm. He looks expectantly at the other two.

"So? Tomas and I can sneak around behind them and cover them with bows. You three could work your way through the woods or go right up the road. You confront them, weapons at the ready, while Tomas and I fire a few warning arrows to startle them. We don't want to kill or seriously injure anyone, but we have to think they'll try to do so to us if the mayor tells them to."

He pauses.

"But we need to move now if we're going. Whatever the mayor has planned for us will likely be soon."


Female Halfling Rogue 3

"Sure lets go"


Male Human Cleric/Level 3

Sure. I'm in.


Male Human Ranger/3

Tomas nods to Linflass and says, "I'm ready. as he strings his bow and adjusts his quiver for easy access.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger/3

Linflass acknowledges the responses and looks at Eve.

"Joining us?


Warpriest 1 HP:9/9 AC:16:12:14 Saves:3:2:5 Init: +2 Skills: Dip +5, Per +7, Sense +5, Stealth +2

"lets go."


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger/3

Seeing that the group is on board, Linflass leads them back towards the farm.

Based on everything we've said, my thought is that Linflass and Tomas will sneak through the woods and set up with bows in the coverage/treeline/bushes/. Either near where people are standing outside, or as close as practical to the farmhouse if they're not visible. The others would walk up the road, alert to trouble. I get there are a lot of variables (ie some people are in the barn, etc) but I thought I'd lay out a plan to start from.

Does that work for everyone? If so...

After confirming the plan, Linflass leads Tomas off through the woods to the farm, looking for signs of the youths there.

Stealth 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33
Perception 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19
Survival 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31


Male Human Ranger/3

Tomas nods to Linflass and follows him to the farm.

stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


Warpriest 1 HP:9/9 AC:16:12:14 Saves:3:2:5 Init: +2 Skills: Dip +5, Per +7, Sense +5, Stealth +2

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15


Female Halfling Rogue 3

Perception

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

Stealth
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16


DM EYES ONLY:

Mayor Perception:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
Old lady perception:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Villagers perception:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Creature perception:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

You guys start heading off towards the farm and just as you guys are about to split you see a creature charging towards you though it doesn't seem to notice you. The creature looks like a slightly sickly pig.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger/3

Ah, dinner,

He draws a pair of short swords from their scabbards, watching the pig's approach.


Female Halfling Rogue 3

Norn gets her crossbow ready waiting


Male Human Ranger/3

Tomas sees the approaching pig and readies and arrow to drop the nasty little thing if it proves to be hostile.


Once the pig gets about 20 feet from you it stops and starts transforming. A fibrous stalk starts growing out of its back. The stalk ends in a snapping mouth that looks like a venus fly trap. Go ahead and make me knowledge planes checks to try to identify what it truly is.


Warpriest 1 HP:9/9 AC:16:12:14 Saves:3:2:5 Init: +2 Skills: Dip +5, Per +7, Sense +5, Stealth +2

looks at Tomas
"Why are you scaried of a little piggy,"

looks at the pig again
"What The Heck."


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger/3

A look of dismay comes over Linflass' face as the pig turns into something from a nightmare.

I hate this place

Knowledge Planes 1d20 ⇒ 10

He begins to take the encounter more seriously.

Presumably Linflass would have been leading the group and is between the beast and the ranged weapon folks, though we were probably spread out a bit. If not, he will move slowly to get between them.

Quietly over his shoulder"Try not to shoot me, please."


Linflass:

You identify this creature as an chaotic evil outsider known as a cythnigot qlippoth. Generally they have spider like bodies but this one seems to have a larger pig like body. They have the ability to fly as well as the ability to infect those bitten by it with spores.

Oh come on you know you love this town Lin lol...nothing strange going on here at all


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger/3

At least it was only werewolves in the Darkmoon Vale

"Feel free to join me up here, Eve."

Louder, to the others "It's not friendly. Go ahead and shoot it.


Female Halfling Rogue 3

Norn attempts to shoot the thing

Attack

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Damage

1d6 ⇒ 6

Sneak attack (If applicable)

2d6 ⇒ (6, 2) = 8


Warpriest 1 HP:9/9 AC:16:12:14 Saves:3:2:5 Init: +2 Skills: Dip +5, Per +7, Sense +5, Stealth +2

Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Attack(Claws): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Damage(Claws): 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger/3

In case you want initiative
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26


Male Human Ranger/3

Init: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Longbow Attack: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 8 + 1 = 20 +8 to hit, +1 to hit within 30'
Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 = 6 +1 extra damage within 30'


Female Halfling Rogue 3

Init

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


Creature Init:1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19
Eldwin init:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

Round 1 wrap up
Linflass will move up and whack the creature with his sword and chops one of the fibrous stalks off the creatures back(doing a total of 12 damage) and it lets out a pained squeal. Black oil like blood squirts from the creatures back where the stalk used to be but the creature still stands. Tomas you're arrow sails through the air and connects with the creatures side. Eldwin draws his cross bow and loads it, preparing to fire next round. The creature gathers its strength and bites at Linflass but misses. Norn you let an arrow fly and it sticks into the creatures hide. Eve you move up near Linflass and strike the creature with your claws.

init:

Linflass
Tomas
Eldwin
Creature
Norn
Eve

Eldwin and Linflass attacks:

Linflass short sword attack on creature:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 271d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Linflass short sword crit confirm:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 151d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Eldwin cross bow attack on creature:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 211d8 ⇒ 6

Attacks on party:

Creature bite attack on Linflass:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 151d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Party Saves:

Creature Saves:

Party Damage:

DM EYES ONLY KEEP OUT:

Pig HP: 23/32
AC:12/11/12
DR:5/lawful or cold iron

Just to move things along a little bit I chose the actions for Linflass and Eldwin. Congrats on the crit linflass lol.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger/3

If it can be retconned, Linflass is a dual wielder (I had him draw both weapons above) and he would have attacked with both.

Attack off hand 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

I was waiting for initiative to get posted before making my attacks..

My dwarf paladin just missed his attack with a silver sword on a wererat. The rat actually took the sword away from him after. I should have you roll all of Linflass' attacks!


not a problem


Can I get everyone to post actions for the second round so we can get things moving?


Warpriest 1 HP:9/9 AC:16:12:14 Saves:3:2:5 Init: +2 Skills: Dip +5, Per +7, Sense +5, Stealth +2

she attacks it with her own combat style
Attack(Claws 1): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Damage(Claws 1): 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Attack(Claws 2): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Damage(Claws 2): 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

301 to 350 of 547 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Feast of Ravenmoor All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.