Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Fatespinner's Darkness Rising

Game Master Fatespinner

A campaign set in Golarion that explores the darker side of the coin and chronicles the adventures and tribulations of some of Golarion's most unpleasant people.


251 to 300 of 616 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Human Antipaladin 3 - Scion of the Rough Beast; Plight Trothed to the Pallid Princess…

Albrekt looks frustratedly back at the witch;

"More... same und worse..."

The brute starts to laugh, loud and gutteral

"Let them komm... sie will alle bathe in der nicht-soil...Har!"


Male Human Urban Ranger 3

Kamau watches the party on the far side of the stream recover for a few moments, then fades back into the shadows at the edge of their vision. "Let's keep moving. The tides will not wait for our pain."

Stealth again, hoping to catch whatever comes next unawares.
Stealth (+2 for Caliphas)1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25


Male Human Supreme Overlord

The monster was down the eastbound tunnel, specifically on the north side of the other channel. You are presently at an intersection. Would you like to go North, South, East, or West? If Kamau would like to consult his map and attempt to discern their present position beneath the city, he can attempt a Knowledge (Local) with +2 for the map.


Male Human Urban Ranger 3

Knowledge: Local: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27


Male Human Supreme Overlord

Kamau:
You estimate your current position to be approximately beneath the Maiden's Choir. Following the eastern tunnel would place you beneath the castle of Prince Aduard Ordranti III. To the north is the mercantile district where most of the city's craftsmen and inns are found. To the west, the outer city slums. South, of course, is back where you came from.


Male Human Urban Ranger 3

DM Fatespinner:
Are there any exits out of the sewers from here? Also, which direction would I take to get to the other circled area on Milo's map? The Cathedral is one of the circled ones, so which way is the other one?

"We're beneath the Cathedral right now. Shall we look for a way up, or proceed?"


Male Human Supreme Overlord

Kamau:
Being that the waterworks is essentially the only entrance/exit for the sewer system, the only other way to exit it would be to find one of the many grates scattered throughout the city and find a way to smash through or otherwise create your own means of egress. There are rumors, of course, of alternative exits... (and with 25+ on your Knowledge check...) ...you know that at least a few of them are valid. There is indeed a secret entrance into the Maiden's Choir located not far north from your current position. It was used by radical members of the faith to smuggle diseased patients out to the harbor during a plague quarantine some 20 years prior. The castle of Prince Ordranti III has a sewer passage designed as an escape route, but using it as a means of entering the castle would be suicide as the castle most certainly guards that entrance against would-be assassins and thieves. Another exit lies somewhere out beyond the eastern wall, not terribly far from the asylum now that you think of it, but you would need to travel the eastern tunnel for quite some time to reach it.


Male Tiefling Infneral Sorcerer(Tattoo) 1

"We still have no idea what we're looking for do we? For all we know its up in the cathedral or down here, but further on."


Human Antipaladin 3 - Scion of the Rough Beast; Plight Trothed to the Pallid Princess…

Albrekt looks at the deathly calm river of sewage;

"Hmmmrph. Perhaps ist es in... there..."

He tilts his head towards the stinking channel...

Shadow Lodge

Male HP 27, AC 19/11/19, F+5 R+2 W+5, Init +1, Perception +3 Cleric / 3

Ventar gives a slight bow to Albrekt

"That was a brutal blow Albrekt! Did you have an opinion on what manner of beast we were fighting?"

Turning to Haruk Ventar muses and strokes his beard in thought

"We still have some time before the tide comes in. I suggest we press on and retreat to the cathedral when we return if we haven't found what we're looking for by then. Albrekt has shown that his instincts are good on more than one occasion. "


Male Tiefling Infneral Sorcerer(Tattoo) 1

"Fair enough. I just hate to waste time wandering around aimlessly"


Human Antipaladin 3 - Scion of the Rough Beast; Plight Trothed to the Pallid Princess…

Albrekt grins like a proud child at Venter's praise;

"Vampir... jungtier"

translation from Albrekish:

Vampire - young, suckling :)


Male Human Urban Ranger 3

While the others take a moment's breath after the creature's assault, Kamau briefly glances at the map before thinking to himself, looking up into the dark. He turns to Haruk, whispering for his benefit.

Haruk:
"Was Milo by any chance a crazy or unhinged person?"


Male Human Supreme Overlord

So... heading for the secret Cathedral exit then? Is that the plan?


Male Human Urban Ranger 3

I don't think we have a plan yet. Kamau's next action/comment is contingent on Haruk.


Female Half Elf Gravewalker Witch / 3

It sounded like Ventar was suggesting we keep exploring down here a bit until the tide begins to come in and then head up towards the Cathedral. At least that is what I thought.

Solace nods at Ventar's suggestion. "That sounds like a decent enough idea. Explore a bit more until it is no longer safe to do so and then check out the Cathedral. We can use the same passage to return back down here from the Cathedral if we still haven't found anything by then."


Human Antipaladin 3 - Scion of the Rough Beast; Plight Trothed to the Pallid Princess…

Albrekt smiles grimly at Solace's words;

"Wenn der vampir kommen hunting ist nicht safe..."

The antipaladin casually shoulders his crude, heavy blade and begins walking East, making a chuckling sound like a sawblade cutting timber...

Hi-Ho off to find some bloodsuckers we go


Male Human Urban Ranger 3

Seeing Albrekt start to stomp off into the gloom, Kamau watches the rest of the group for a moment before folding up the map and carefully starting to follow from across the stream.


Male Human Supreme Overlord

Albrekt brings Ventar and Solace back across the sewage-filled channel, rejoining Haruk and Kamau on the east side of the tunnel before following the inside wall towards the east. In the light, the sewage-soaked corpse of an armored figure clearly dredged up from the channel lies on the northern side of the tunnel where the monster came from. It is a woman, raven-haired and clad in a shining breastplate wrapped in a soiled red cloak. Her throat has been completely torn out, her armor damaged by some terrible force, and her leg nearly gnawed off by vermin. At a glance, it seems that she has likely been dead for at least a day or two, but the advanced stages of decomposition have not begun to manifest yet. Her left arm and leg are still partially submerged in the channel, draped over the edge of the northern walkway.


Female Half Elf Gravewalker Witch / 3

Solace looks the figure over and casts Detect Magic upon it to see if the corpse has any valuable items on it still.


Male Human Supreme Overlord
Solace wrote:
Solace looks the figure over and casts Detect Magic upon it to see if the corpse has any valuable items on it still.

Solace:
The cloak and breastplate are enchanted. Also, give me a Perception check, DC 17.

Human Antipaladin 3 - Scion of the Rough Beast; Plight Trothed to the Pallid Princess…

Albrekt eyes the corpse, then the witch;

"Anything pretty af die pretty toten?"


Female Half Elf Gravewalker Witch / 3

perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

"Yes, a couple pretty things on this dead one. The cloak and breastplate appear to radiate magic. I suggest we strip what remains of this corpse and give it a thorough search. I wonder if she could have been a pathfinder compatriot of that Milo. It shouldn't hurt to see if she has anything on her person indicating why she was down here. Albrekt, would you mind dragging her all the way out of the water for a better look?"


Human Antipaladin 3 - Scion of the Rough Beast; Plight Trothed to the Pallid Princess…

The brute looks down at his sodden, stinking torso and legs, then shrugs his broad shoulders;

"Ja."

Albrekt wades back into the muck to retrieve the pretty corpse and its pretty things... Here comes the attack of the killer sewage leeches or Otyugh o' Doom... lol

Presume someone lighting his way?


Female Half Elf Gravewalker Witch / 3

Yep, Solace will make sure he has light to see by.


Male Human Supreme Overlord

The undercurrent of the sewage channel is considerably stronger here in the eastern tunnel. Albrekt steadies himself at the water's edge before beginning to cross.

Albrekt: DC 12 Swim check. Don't forget your armor check penalty here! :) (EDIT: You can take 10 if your bonus is sufficient to make it in spite of the ACP.)


Human Antipaladin 3 - Scion of the Rough Beast; Plight Trothed to the Pallid Princess…

Ach - here's where the "broken armour" flavour bites me in the a$$ lol

Albrekt moves into the sewage channel...

Swim: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (10) - 4 = 6

... and promptly goes under...

As required here's some more checks to avoid Death by Nightsoil

Swim: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (8) - 4 = 4
Swim: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (2) - 4 = -2
Swim: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (13) - 4 = 9
Swim: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (5) - 4 = 1
Swim: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (7) - 4 = 3
Swim: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (13) - 4 = 9
Swim: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (5) - 4 = 1
Swim: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (17) - 4 = 13

Vampire Spawn - feh. Raw Sewage... dear god no...!!!


Male Human Urban Ranger 3

It wouldn't be a sewer adventure if no one drowned in sh--

Kamau bemusedly watches the hulking brute simply walk out and sink in the muck. After a moment, not really knowing what to expect from the man, he looks up at Ventar with an is that what's supposed to happen? expression.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Supreme Overlord

Albrekt takes a tentative step out, attempting to cross the channel, but his foot strikes some large metallic object which causes him to falter. His armor, in terrible need of maintenance, catches on his cloak as he attempts to correct himself and sends the behemoth face down into the water.

Swimming in armor with no ranks = bad idea. :)

As the antipaladin struggles to bring himself upright, the current slowly begins to pull his form away from the group as he thrashes to untangle himself from his own devastated clothing. The current eventually carries him towards the intersection where the vampire spawn attacked where Albrekt discovers the sewage is considerably deeper. His thrashing figure hesitates a moment at the surface and then submerges completely.

Fortunately, your CON score is higher than 8, so you don't drown before finally making that successful check...

A moment passes in the eerie silence after Albrekt disappeared beneath the sewage. A few nervous glances are exchanged between the party members. Then, without warning, the Rovagite explodes up from the sludge at the northeastern edge of the intersection, gasping for breath and spitting up the vile sewage.

You're very, very lucky that you don't suffer from diseases right now. You are, however, considerably more smelly than before.

Albrekt manages to drag himself up onto the northern side, completely soaked from head to toe. He checks himself over for a moment, then trudges over to the fallen form of the woman on the north side.

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male HP 27, AC 19/11/19, F+5 R+2 W+5, Init +1, Perception +3 Cleric / 3

Ventar observes Albrekts venture into the sewage, sees him topple over and disappear and taps his index finger pensively on his goatee. As Albrekt finally emerges from the sewage, Ventar wakes from his apparent hard-thinking and quips, perhaps a bit too light hearted:

"Albrekt, I think that should count as one of your yearly baths, the smell will surely improve as a result. Now, will you bring the corpse over to this side please?"


Male Tiefling Infneral Sorcerer(Tattoo) 1

Haruk watches the whole debacle with Albrekt silently. When the armored man finally makes his way back to them, he says "Well, that could have been much worse. Though you smell positively vile now old boy"


Male Human Supreme Overlord

Albrekt towers over the woman's body. Now up close, and with the benefit of Solace and Venter's lights across the channel, he can see that the woman was once beautiful. Her raven hair sharply contrasts her alabaster skin, spattered with dark red blood and torn apart below her jawline. Beneath her dark tresses peak the tips of ears that suggest elven blood, though almost certainly a half-breed.

She is dressed in a shining breastplate, crushed at the midsection by some terrific force, and wrapped in a rich red cloak stained with her own blood and possibly the blood of others. At her side, a wayfinder hangs from her belt alongside a small pouch containing a pair of wands. Across her back is a leather harness, clearly designed as a sheath for some two-handed weapon which is nowhere to be seen.

In an outstretched fist, she clutches a shining emblem also speckled with blood. It is an icon of a white bird with rainbow-colored feathers trailing behind it in a circle. (Kn: Religion DC 10) Nearby, her traveling pack lay discarded against the far wall, obviously having been ransanked by some other party.

In full armor, the woman probably weighs close to 160 lbs. even in death. Simply tossing her across the channel is unlikely, but not impossible. You could, of course, simply strip her of possessions and move on.


Human Antipaladin 3 - Scion of the Rough Beast; Plight Trothed to the Pallid Princess…

Albrekt casts a cursory eye over the elegant corpse as he drips sewage;

Knowledge: Religion: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

"Einer der Shelyn's flock..." he nonchalantley murmers as he brushes his brutish paw slowly over the dead woman's hand and caresses her crushed armour with a deep sigh;

"...und pretty fingern..."


Male Tiefling Infneral Sorcerer(Tattoo) 1

"Albrekt, would you be so kind as to bring her over here for the rest of us to inspect her. Also, I think we should search her bag as well. What may have been left behind by those interested only in wealth may be useful to us"


Female Half Elf Gravewalker Witch / 3

Solace shrugs at Haruk's suggestion. "The body itself isn't of interest to me, just what's on it. Albrekt, just strip her naked and bring everything over here. Wrap everything up in the cloak like a makeshift bag and tie it to yourself so you don't lose it on the way back over here." ...And if you take some fingers while you are doing all that, I do not want to know...


Male Human Urban Ranger 3

Having little to add to the investigation of a corpse, Kamau paces a few steps away, keeping eyes and ears open to the rest of the tunnel.


Male Human Supreme Overlord
Kamau wrote:
Having little to add to the investigation of a corpse, Kamau paces a few steps away, keeping eyes and ears open to the rest of the tunnel.

Survival check, DC 20.


Male Human Urban Ranger 3

Survival +5, +2 for Caliphas: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17


Male Human Supreme Overlord

Due to an additional +1 from your Track ability and +2 for your Favored Enemy... that hits 20 on the dot.

Kamau:
Near the body, and trailing away in the direction your group is headed, you spot some smears of blood that suggest the dead woman was badly injured by some unknown peril ahead and managed to stagger her way this far before perishing, likely at the hands of the vampire spawn you encountered. There are clear signs of a struggle, and the woman's extended sword arm drapes over the channel's edge from her body and into the sewage... the probable location of her weapon.


Male Human Urban Ranger 3

Kamau lopes quietly off into the dimness at the edge of the party's lights, looking at something on the far edge of the water. After a moment, looking off into the dark, he then walks back within near-earshot of the group and speaks softly to whomever is listening.

"Her weapon is likely at the bottom of the water, right there," he says, indicating a place in the stream near the edge of their lights. "She was heading westward."


Male Human Supreme Overlord

Solace can give me some Spellcraft checks to determine the properties of the items she indicated as magical.

Breastplate: DC 20 Spellcraft
Cloak: DC 18 Spellcraft


Human Antipaladin 3 - Scion of the Rough Beast; Plight Trothed to the Pallid Princess…

Albrekt will have to strip her and ferry the gear accross as the penalty for carrying her would be considered a heavy load & -6 on swim checks, giving him a unhealthy -10... drowning in the dirt...

Albrekt methodically strips the woman of her gear and last vestiges of dignity...

DMFatespinner:

Albrekt will snap/cut off a finger or two to keep as momentos

The brutish antipaladin wraps her gear in the woman's cloak as Solace instructed. As he leaves to move back to the group he glances once again the murdered half elf maid;

"Vid mare time I would ha varmed your kalde bones pretty-pretty..."

If needbe Albrekt will move towards where her weapon may lie - if not... here we go again

Swim: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (8) - 4 = 4
Swim: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (10) - 4 = 6
Swim: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (10) - 4 = 6
Swim: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (11) - 4 = 7
Swim: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (5) - 4 = 1
Swim: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (12) - 4 = 8
Swim: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (18) - 4 = 14


Female Half Elf Gravewalker Witch / 3

spellcraft breastplate 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
spellcraft cloak 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27


Male Human Supreme Overlord

Solace:
The cloak is a cloak of resistance +1.

Albrekt strips the woman of her possessions, fully dragging her up from the water's edge in the process. Stripped of her armor and the underpinnings, the young woman seems somewhat serene in death despite her terrible injuries. A band of angry discoloration across her midsection suggests that she was constricted powerfully, likely the same constriction that crumpled her steel armor. One leg has been gnawed through to the bone by vermin, and Albrekt helps himself to a pair of fingers on her left hand, adding them to his necklace of grisly trophies.

The woman's gear is bundled safely and tossed across the channel in pieces easy enough for Albrekt to hurl towards waiting party members on the southern end. The antipaladin then re-enters the channel, bracing himself for the expected turbulence, and manages to locate the large metal object he had tripped on the first time. After another few moments of struggling and near-drowning, Albrekt emerges again on the southern end, raising a long glaive triumphantly in the air which drips with foul sewage.

Inventory, all may read:
  • Breastplate (magical, DC 19)
  • Cloak (magical, identified by Solace)
  • Wayfinder (magical, identical to the one you already have)
  • Two wands (magical, DC 20 each)
  • amulet (magical, DC 22)
  • Glaive (magical, DC 18)
  • Two rings (only one is magical, DC 18)
  • Mundane traveling gear (backback, blanket, etc.)
  • 2 vials of milky liquid (antiplague, Solace passes the check on a 1)
  • 2 vials of holy water
  • silver dagger (non-magical)
  • silver holy symbol of Shelyn (non-magical)
  • 2 vials of light blue liquid (magical, DC 18 each)


Female Half Elf Gravewalker Witch / 3

While Albrekt is attempting to cross back over to them, Solace begins to look through the items that he tossed over to them. "The cloak appears to be one of resistance. Let us see if I can manage to identify anything else."


Breastplate (magical, DC 19) failed that one already
Cloak (magical, identified by Solace)
Wayfinder (magical, identical to the one you already have)
Two wands (magical, DC 20 each)
wand 1 spellcraft 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
wand 2 spellcraft 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
amulet (magical, DC 22) spellcraft 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Glaive (magical, DC 18) spellcraft 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Two rings (only one is magical, DC 18) spellcraft 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
Mundane traveling gear (backback, blanket, etc.)
2 vials of milky liquid (antiplague, Solace passes the check on a 1)
2 vials of holy water
silver dagger (non-magical)
silver holy symbol of Shelyn (non-magical)
2 vials of light blue liquid (magical, DC 18 each)
vial 1 spellcraft 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
vial 2 spellcraft 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27


Male Human Supreme Overlord
Solace wrote:

wand 2 spellcraft 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

amulet (magical, DC 22) spellcraft 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Two rings (only one is magical, DC 18) spellcraft 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
2 vials of light blue liquid (magical, DC 18 each)
vial 1 spellcraft 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
vial 2 spellcraft 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27

Solace:
Wand #2 = wand of remove paralysis

amulet = amulet of eternal beauty (grants the wearer a +2 competence bonus on Diplomacy checks and a +4 luck bonus on saves vs. aging, negative levels, and Charisma-damaging effects; also protects the corpse of the wearer as gentle repose)
magical ring = ring of protection +1
vials of light blue liquid = potion of cure moderate wounds x2

RE: The non-magical ring - It looks like it's probably a wedding band.


Male Tiefling Infneral Sorcerer(Tattoo) 1

Fate, unless the others object, Haruk will attempt to ID the other items. However I'm at work, so would you mind rolling my Spellcraft checks?


Female Half Elf Gravewalker Witch / 3

Solace talks to the group while identifying things. "Hmmm...Two healing potions, no surprise there. Wand to remove paralysis, interesting, that is rather hard to cast on yourself you know. One of the rings appears to be one of protection and the other looks like it could be a wedding band. An amulet of eternal beauty? I bet that corpse doesn't look so pretty now."


Human Antipaladin 3 - Scion of the Rough Beast; Plight Trothed to the Pallid Princess…

A reeking Albrekt looks glumly down at Solace;

"She sah plenty pretty to Albrekt..."


Male Human Supreme Overlord
Haruk wrote:
Fate, unless the others object, Haruk will attempt to ID the other items. However I'm at work, so would you mind rolling my Spellcraft checks?

Breastplate (magical, DC 19) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Other wand (magical, DC 20) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Glaive (magical, DC 18) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Haruk:
+1 mithril breastplate and a +1 glaive. The other wand remains a mystery.

Solace: Without the amulet's protection, the corpse will begin to decay at a normal pace. Time does not "catch up" to the body and accelerate decomposition when it is removed, though. This does, however, make it effectively impossible to estimate how long the body has been here.

251 to 300 of 616 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Fatespinner's Darkness Rising All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.