Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Fait Accompli one shot.

Game Master catman123456

Just a short aveture to test out my DM skills


101 to 150 of 167 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

Male Dwarf Ranger 5/Rogue 5

Khazak looked at Muneshige and thought, "Are we finally ready to go to the store?"


Male Elan (Human) Psion (Kineticist) 9 (D6) / Metamind 1 (D6)

Muneshige closed the door, keeping the cold out. "All right, friend Dwarf." he told the shorter man. "Let's see if this place has a General Store with more than farmer's tools." Unseen to most, the man's skin toughened in the arctic wind, while his eyes and other exposed parts changed as well.

(I had already left! But we can add this. It shouldn't take more than a hour or two to "go shopping", and depending upon the conversation from the others, we can "return" shortly. I'm not expecting a long, drawn-out shopping trip. Adapt Body is still in effect.)


Male Dwarf Ranger 5/Rogue 5

Actually, I thought posting that was classier than just posting a "bump" :-) The question then becomes how we determine that "a couple of hours" have passed. ;-) Regardless, it will help to see if we can get any feedback about what's actually available at the store.


Male Elan (Human) Psion (Kineticist) 9 (D6) / Metamind 1 (D6)

(Did you want Khazak and me to have a few posts about the General Store, catman, or do we just return after a couple of hours?)

Shadow Lodge

Muneshige Tsutsumi wrote:
(Did you want Khazak and me to have a few posts about the General Store, catman, or do we just return after a couple of hours?)

what ever you all decide.


Male Elan (Human) Psion (Kineticist) 9 (D6) / Metamind 1 (D6)

(Barring any interruptions from Khazak, let's keep the game going.)

Returning a little over an hour later, Muneshige and Khazak brought the cold in with them when they banged on the door and entered Orielle's residence. His arms loaded with furs and snowshoes hanging off of his backpack, the redhead set everything down by the door, stomping the snow off of his boots. "Greetings. I've got the equipment, I'll start handing them out." The man said without preamble.


Male Dwarf Ranger 5/Rogue 5

Fine with me.


Male Elan (Human) Psion (Kineticist) 9 (D6) / Metamind 1 (D6)

(Good!)

Muneshige handed over the snowshoes, cleats, winter clothing, and furs as needed. "It wasn't a bad store, after all. The owner did try to sell us a lot of caribou jerky, it must be a staple here, but we refused." he mentioned. Looking at the finished repast on the table, Muneshige asked, "Somebody remind me, or Lady Orielle - can we sleep here tonight, or do we need to run over to the local inn and secure a place in the greatroom? I would like to start with the dawn tomorrow." Looking at Khazak and Nathan, he added "I know spellcasters need their sleep, and Lady Orielle's residence is surely secure from miscreants. My friends and I, we have powers, but we need less sleep. So I will wake before the dawn and be ready to leave before first light."


Male Elan Vitalist 10

::Dawn sounds excellent. Gives us a few hours to get ready.::

Skender smiles, waiting for an answer regarding accomodations for the night.


HP 35/43 F: +8 R: +4 W: +6 AC: 18 Tch: 11 FF: 17 rage AC: 16 Perception: + 7 CMD: 17 Initiative: +1

::Heck, I'll be up after a few hours! Gotta love what they can do with rings.:: Je'grik thinks through the collective. ::Honestly though, staying up all night with no one to talk to is rather boring.::


Male Elan (Human) Psion (Kineticist) 9 (D6) / Metamind 1 (D6)

"You chat with my psicrystal all night long!" Museshige reminded Je'grik good-naturedly.


HP 35/43 F: +8 R: +4 W: +6 AC: 18 Tch: 11 FF: 17 rage AC: 16 Perception: + 7 CMD: 17 Initiative: +1

"Do you have any idea how long it takes before talking about that cute rock he saw in the river gets boring?"


Male Dwarf Ranger 5/Rogue 5

Khazak thinks to the collective, "My experience has been that one should get all the sleep one can before the mission starts. Once things get going one might not get the chance to sleep for quite a while."


Male Human Wizard 10

Nathan decides to looks over his supplies again, while waiting for the everyone to return.


HP 35/43 F: +8 R: +4 W: +6 AC: 18 Tch: 11 FF: 17 rage AC: 16 Perception: + 7 CMD: 17 Initiative: +1

"I hope these work." Je'grik says as he tries his snowshoes on. "I don't relish the idea of burrowing snow tunnels."

"Now that I think about it though, that does have possibilities..."


Male Elan (Human) Psion (Kineticist) 9 (D6) / Metamind 1 (D6)

"You're the lightest one here." Muneshige grumbled. "If you can't stand on top of six feet of snow, the rest of us have no chance at all. Well, except for me." The redhead showed his well-made boots to Khazak and Nathan, using one hand to shield his face from Je'grik as he whispered "Boots of Levitation. Can't stand falling. But don't tell Mr. Snow Rabbit over there."


Male Dwarf Ranger 5/Rogue 5

Khazak chuckled. He put his snowshoes on and then said, "Well, I'm ready when you guys are. Just let me get about 30 feet in front of you all so I can be point."


Male Elan Vitalist 10

::By all means.::

To all: ::Testing. Can everyone hear me well? A quick explanation of this is in order for those new to me. This is what is known as a collective. As I've said before, this helps me heal, and keep in contact with those near me. With just a thought, you can request aid from me, and I'll be able to respond immediately. I can send a pulse which speeds up your body's natural rate of healing. I can redirect healing gained from other sources, like potions. Outside of the collective, I can also take your injuries onto myself.::

Basically: Swift action to request aid, and I can respond with aid as a free action. It's not as efficient as other methods of healing, but it's good in an emergency. The exchange rate is 1 power point/4hp, up to my level in PP spent. I can send a pulse for 1pp giving you all fast healing 2 for 3 rounds. I can redirect healing from any source, given approval. I can transfer wounds for 5d6+10hp, taking 5d6 damage onto myself.

I'll have the list of powers for Harmonic Resonance up soon.

Harmonic Resonance Powers:

From Je'grik:
Entangling Ectoplasm
Adapt Body
Slip the bonds

From Muneshige:
Energy Ray
Cleanse Body
Energy Cone
Concussive Onslaught
Energy Bolt


Male Human Wizard 10

Replies by thought:
"This is nice. Can the others hear me also?


Male Elan Vitalist 10

::Anyone can hear you who you wish to hear you. If that means you only want to talk to me, you can do that, or you can talk to any other person, or everyone, or any combination of them.::


Male Elan Vitalist 10
Skender Ruggova wrote:


I can send a pulse for 1pp giving you all fast healing 2 for 3 rounds.

Realized this is incorrect. It's a pulse for 1 pp as a free action for fast healing 2 for 1 round, not 3.


Male Human Wizard 10

In the interest of saving time I will assume the town has a library, and it gives a +4 to knowledge checks. If there is no library or the check is greater or less than +4 the GM can give me the results, and continue with the story.

Knowledge arcana to find out about white dragons after visiting the library:
1d20 + 24 ⇒ (11) + 24 = 35


Male Elan Vitalist 10

So catman, you ready to do this?


Male Elan (Human) Psion (Kineticist) 9 (D6) / Metamind 1 (D6)

(Do we speed to the morning yet?)


Male Elan Vitalist 10

That's what I was wondering. I think everybody's ready.


Male Human Wizard 10

We are just waiting on the GM. We are outside the cave(where ever the dragons are) unless the GM says otherwise. :)


Male Elan (Human) Psion (Kineticist) 9 (D6) / Metamind 1 (D6)

(I thought we'd start out at the town's gates and narrate the walk to the dragon's lair. The spell/psionic casters would like to do some preparatory casting before initiative with the dragon. :) )


HP 35/43 F: +8 R: +4 W: +6 AC: 18 Tch: 11 FF: 17 rage AC: 16 Perception: + 7 CMD: 17 Initiative: +1

Heck, tell me we're going and I'm going to be manifesting some long-term, wild surged buffs!


Male Human Wizard 10

I will use Arcane Eye to scout ahead for us. Getting jumped by a dragon is probably not a fun activity.


Male Dwarf Ranger 5/Rogue 5

I thought I was the scout. Regardless of what you can do with arcane eye, I doubt that your perception skill is anywhere near as good as mine is. :-)


Male Human Wizard 10

You can the eye can be buddies, but you are correct. My perception check is not that high so if my perception check is used we are in trouble. I thought the eye had its own perception modifier. I do need to read the spell again. I didn't bother to check what class levels anyone had before redoing my daily spell list. Do you wish for me to trade out the arcane eye spell for something else?.

Shadow Lodge

Sorry about that. wacky internet.

Nathan Lovecraft wrote:

In the interest of saving time I will assume the town has a library, and it gives a +4 to knowledge checks. If there is no library or the check is greater or less than +4 the GM can give me the results, and continue with the story.

Knowledge arcana to find out about white dragons after visiting the library:
1d20+24

Well you know the dragons take 25% damage from fire. The 3 young ones are barbarians and The mother(Hinterbite a mature adult)is a fighter.


Male Human Wizard 10

Is that supposed to be 25% damage or 150%. 25% is less damage meaning white dragons have some sort of resistance to fire. That is ok with me. I just want to be sure.

example:
25% =If I do 100 points of damage with a fireball then the dragon will only take 25 points of damage if the dragon fails the save come into play.

150%=If I do 100 points of damage with a fireball then the dragon will only take 150 points of damage if the dragon fails the save come into play.


Male Elan Vitalist 10

Completely OOC knowledge, but I believe White Dragons have fire vulnerability, meaning 150% damage, not some super-resistance.


Male Human Wizard 10
Skender Ruggova wrote:
Completely OOC knowledge, but I believe White Dragons have fire vulnerability, meaning 150% damage, not some super-resistance.

That is why I asked to see if he meant what he said.


Male Dwarf Ranger 5/Rogue 5

Other potential problems with arcane eye are that it does not provide you with darkvision, you have to concentrate to use it, and you could only use it for a few minutes a day. It might not be a bad spell to have prepared just in case there's a good reason to use it, but it's not the sort of thing we could rely on for doing full time scouting.

As for going after the white dragons, the only real question in my mind is how far ahead of the group I should be. Given that the rest of the group will need light I will necessarily be back lit. I might be able to make that less of an issue by going further forward, but then I'm farther from backup. I had initially said that I would lead by 30 feet, but will probably increase that to 60 feet. Well within the collective's communication range and close enough everybody else can get to me with a double move. I will also be moving along the sides of whatever tunnels/corridors we are going through to make being back lit less of a potential problem.


Male Human Wizard 10

I have darkvision as a spell. I can make a scroll of it before the "next day" since the GM still has not advanced the game yet, and I can prepare at least 3, but I would prefer to only prepare 2 copies of it. If Elans have darkvision I should only have to prepare it twice at the most. I will drop arcane eye, and I will prepare make a scroll of darkvision. I can't fail the check so that is not an issue. Je'grik, myself, and Skendar will probably need darkvision at some point.


Male Dwarf Ranger 5/Rogue 5

The basic problem remains that either the group uses a light and Khazak will end up being backlit; or the group uses darkvision spells/effects but doesn't have enough to go around, in which case some characters are in the dark and have to be led like children until the fight starts. One of the problems with the darkvision approach is that over time the wizard ends up having to devote a nontrivial amount of his time/spell casting resources to making darkvision scrolls or simply casting the spell.

Goggles of Night (CRB page 515) could solve the problem but they are pricey enough that people would have to significantly rearrange their gear retroactively in order to have them as the goggles would likely not be available locally.

Regardless of all that, the last time I crunched the numbers it suggested that a white dragon and Khazak would just about auto spot one another at maximum range (120 feet) if it was looking in the direction Khazak was coming from. Given that it's intelligent, somewhat paranoid and knows the layout of its lair then there's a pretty fair chance that will be the case. So even if everybody was properly set up with goggles of night or other suitable magic it might not end up making that much difference.

The easier way to go is to simply have somebody hold a light source that sheds as much light as a torch (20 foot normal radius, 40 ft increased radius). With Khazak 60 feet in front of the group and hugging a wall that will hopefully reduce his problems with being backlit to a minimum. While that pretty much guarantees the dragon will likely see us first, Khazak will still have a reasonable to chance to spot it if it closes to try to do something sneaky to us as it won't know the range of Khazak's darkvision.


Male Human Wizard 10

I guess that will have to do then. I will drop the arcane eye spell for something more useful,and I will still make the scroll of darkvision at caster level 10.

Now that I think about it I can just leave that last 5th level slot open since I have fast study it won't take me 15 minutes to fill it.

Shadow Lodge

Nathan Lovecraft wrote:

Is that supposed to be 25% damage or 150%. 25% is less damage meaning white dragons have some sort of resistance to fire. That is ok with me. I just want to be sure.

example:
25% =If I do 100 points of damage with a fireball then the dragon will only take 25 points of damage if the dragon fails the save come into play.

150%=If I do 100 points of damage with a fireball then the dragon will only take 150 points of damage if the dragon fails the save come into play.

The dragons have a feat called Suppress Weakness witch reduced the damage from fire. so the 1st one is correct.


Male Human Wizard 10

Catman you don't have to tell me mechanical things like what feats the enemies have. I was just asking to make sure we were on the same page. :)

We are ready to move forward in the game now also. :)

Shadow Lodge

All right everyone make a survival check


Male Elan Vitalist 10

Untrained Survival: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

It's too bad you don't get bonuses on Survival for having giant Perception scores. That roll would have been a 42 on Perception.


HP 35/43 F: +8 R: +4 W: +6 AC: 18 Tch: 11 FF: 17 rage AC: 16 Perception: + 7 CMD: 17 Initiative: +1

Untrained Survival:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
I agree with Skender.


Male Elan Vitalist 10

It's whatever. I shouldn't be complaining, having a +8 untrained Survival.


Male Elan (Human) Psion (Kineticist) 9 (D6) / Metamind 1 (D6)

Survival skill check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

(I'm, um, more a 'city boy'. Maybe the lady warrior will do better...
Wearing furs gives a +2 bonus on Fortitude saves to resist cold weather. This does not stack with any bonuses gained from the Survival skill. Having a Cold Weather outfit grants a +5 circumstance bonus on Fortitude saving throws against exposure to cold weather.)

(Psionics, don't forget about Adapt Body. I'll declare that I've manifested this, as well as Inertial Armor since dawn. And I'm wearing the snowshoes, depending upon just how deep the snow has fallen.)

(Do we need marching order yet? Khazak in front, of course. Or 200 feet ahead.)


Male Elan Vitalist 10

I completely forgot about that. Adapt body is a go. 131/140PP. In regards to marching order, I'd like to be somewhere in the middle, preferrably. Also keep in mind that the maximum distance is 200, so if anything happens that takes him out of that range, there won't be any time for him to tell me what happened, or for me to heal him if necessary. I'd much prefer something around 100ft, but that's just me.


Male Human Wizard 10

survival check:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22


Male Dwarf Ranger 5/Rogue 5

Survival check

1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 35

Last minute change to spells prepared, Khazak will go with the spells "Gravity Bow" and "Aspect of the Falcon" as the ones he has prepped.

As far as marching order goes, Khazak will be 60 feet ahead of the group. He will have his repeating heavy crossbow ready.


HP 35/43 F: +8 R: +4 W: +6 AC: 18 Tch: 11 FF: 17 rage AC: 16 Perception: + 7 CMD: 17 Initiative: +1

I'll stay in the back so I can see what you guys do, and so I can lob the occasional snowball! ;)

Edit: Figure I'll Wild Surge an Extended Adapt Body(20 hour duration) of my own. We've got no clue how long we'll be out in the elements.
Enervation 15%:1d100 ⇒ 13
Je'Grik is dazzled for 13 rounds and loses 10 power points. 87 out of 108 PP left for today.

::Hate it when this happens...::

101 to 150 of 167 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Fait Accompli IC All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.