Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Euan's Second Darkness

Game Master Euan

Roll 20 Map
Treasure Sheet
Map of the Land of Black Blood


6,451 to 6,500 of 6,532 << first < prev | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Bearman-14
Consumables:
Rage 18/18 | Bullets: 20/20; CI 50/50; Silver 50/50 | Wands: CLW 50/50; 1/50; Darkvision 50/50 |

And here I was going to make a Japanese tentacle monster joke...

Seeing the beast Allarnon leaps in front of Ederin, with a roar that more than likely breaks a few more spores.

Allarnon Fort save for Spores: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (7) + 19 = 26

Allarnon charges straight into the Moldering Emporer and bites at the beast to distract it and keep the Moldering Emporer on himself.

Enter Rage

Bite; Rage; PA: 1d20 + 17 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (18) + 17 + 2 - 3 = 34
Damage: 1d8 + 6 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 2 + 6 = 19
Holy Damage if Evil: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 4) = 5

Status:

Allarnon-Bear Form
AC Bear: (AC 33) [+5 Armor; +4 Shield; +1 Dex; +4 Natural; +3 Deflection; +1 Dodge; +5 Enhance Barkskin; -2 Rage (+1 additional Dodge when raging); +1 Haste]
AC Human: (AC 30) [+5 Armor; +4 Shield; +2 Dex; +3 Deflection; +1 Dodge; +5 Enhance Barkskin; -2 Rage (+1 additional Dodge when raging)]
HP: 187/187; +24 Temp HP; -DR/10 adamantine (120 remaining)
Buffs: Rage 17/18; Stoneskin; Barkskin)

Tarkir
AC: (AC 34) [+4 Armor; +3 Dex; +11 Natural; +5 Enhance Barkskin; +2 Deflection PfE; +1 Dodge; +1 haste]
HP 72/72


Roll 20 Map

As Allarnon closes, he discovers he's in a fine mist of blood, raining from the creature like the splash of some mighty waterfall. It makes the area around the Emperor difficult terrain (slippery).

As he closes, the Emperor lashes out (reach/AoO).
tentacle rake on Allarnon: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (14) + 25 = 39 damage: 3d6 + 11 + 1d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 1) + 11 + (5) = 27 (cold)


Human HP 108; AC 23, T 16/FF 20; F+10, R+14, W+14; Init +5; Perc +23; CMD 26/23FF

Round 3, Init 23+

Status:

AC = 30, Shielded, Hasted, Barkskin
HP = 108/108
Weapon Equipped = +4 Cold Iron Rapier, Spell Storing
Condition(s) = Haste, Shield, Barkskin, Freedom of Movement, Displacement, Resist Energy(Cold) forgot to include this earlier
Inspiration = down 1 use

Lief holds his position, not sure of the creature's perceptions, especially of his more embedded position in its lair. He himself exhales in subconscious disappointment as his senses dim to normal levels, having enjoyed the elevation for the short time.

Fortitude Save v DC 20: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

He turns his attentions back to the task at hand, forcing the Glyph to pay him mind, not the fracas erupting out there. Stay with me, Vigilance. That has nothing to do with us. The young man can't force himself to even believe his own words.

Bluff: 1d20 + 16 + 1d8 ⇒ (3) + 16 + (4) = 23 1d8 ⇒ 4


Spirits Dispenser 14
Stats/Skills:
F11R10W19;Appr+5;Dip +7;HandAn+4;Heal+11;Geog +18;Local +13;Nat+12;Pls19;Rel+18;Perc+24;Barkeep+13;Sense+12;Spllcrft+21(+4moreIDing );Stealth+17(+4);Surv +11;UMD+21
Kaylayne the Undone wrote:
In the second round, she will ready to 'dust' the first big bad foe she sees, (with a 5' step/flap, as needed).

Per her readied action:

Kaylayne flaps a bit, her ready going off, to dust the neo-baddy. -4 to attacks for 7 rounds.

She is now above Dimi on the map.


Spirits Dispenser 14
Stats/Skills:
F11R10W19;Appr+5;Dip +7;HandAn+4;Heal+11;Geog +18;Local +13;Nat+12;Pls19;Rel+18;Perc+24;Barkeep+13;Sense+12;Spllcrft+21(+4moreIDing );Stealth+17(+4);Surv +11;UMD+21

Rounds 3, Init 19

Kaylayne summons her Dark of Dark Flame to her hand with a flick of her glove. She evokes it to cast Scorching Ray.

1d20 + 13 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 13 + 1 + 2 + 1 = 19 touch to hit; (PBS,Heroism,Haste)
4d6 + 1 ⇒ (4, 4, 3, 6) + 1 = 18 fire damage.

1d20 + 13 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 13 + 1 + 2 + 1 = 37 touch to hit; (PBS,Heroism,Haste)
4d6 + 1 ⇒ (4, 5, 1, 5) + 1 = 16 fire damage.

1d20 + 13 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 13 + 1 + 2 + 1 = 34 touch to hit; (PBS,Heroism,Haste)
4d6 + 1 ⇒ (2, 6, 6, 4) + 1 = 19 fire damage.

1d20 + 13 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 13 + 4 = 33 SR

Pot Crit:
1d20 + 13 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 13 + 1 + 2 + 1 = 18 touch to hit; (PBS,Heroism,Haste)
4d6 + 1 ⇒ (2, 1, 6, 6) + 1 = 16 fire damage.

She then moves out of direct sight/contact.

Haste: 3/14. +1 to AC/Reflex/yadayada +1 attx

Kay's Combat Stats:

Haste: 0/14. +1 to AC/Reflex/yadayada +1 attx

Statuses:
AC: (3 dex+6 armor+3 magic vestment+2 ring force shield+1 def+5 barkskin) =30 AC+1 haste=31
HP: 128/128+15 temp

Left hand:
Right hand:
Glove of Storing: Staff of Dark Flame

[ dice]1d20+15-2[/dice] touch hit; (rapid)
[ dice]1d6+5+1[/dice] fire damage.

+10 Bab +3 Dex +1 magic +1 PBS
1d6 + 1 magic +1 PBS

Pearl of Power 1: 0/2 used
Pearl of Power 2: 0/1 used
Pearl of Power 3: 0/1 used
Pearl of Power 5: 0/1 used

Rod Metamagic Extend: 2/3 used (magic vestment*2)
Scroll of Water Breathing
Wand of Lesser Restoration: 9 charges left
Ring of the Ram: 11/36 charges left (unequipped)
Wand of False Life 19 charges left
Staff of Dark Flame (8/10 left)

10 Adamantine Stones
25 Cold Iron Stones
10 Silver Stones

Spells:
Magic Vestment (28 hours)
Overland Flight (14 hours)
Heroism: (280 minutes)
Barkskin (140 minutes)
MCPfE10' (140 minutes)
Resist Electricity (140 minutes)
Produce Flame: 0/14
Other Kaylayne: round 0/14


Male CG human bard 9 (arcane duelist) / Swashbuckler 5 | CMB: 12, CMD: 27 | F: +11, R: +18, W: +12 | Init: +10 | Perc: +17, SM +8 | Speed 30ft |

Dimitrio was mad and a little scared when the 'emperor' appeared.

He turned to Lief, "Even if you don't tell me what you're doing, I know I can help you."

He started reciting heroic poems to inspire the boy.

------------
Round 2 (already saved). start inspire competence for +3 to skill checks

stats:

HP 115/115
AC 32, touch 18, flat-footed 25
10 +4(DEX) +2(belt of DEX +4) +7(chainshirt+3) +4 (buckler+3) +1(ring of prot) +2 (dodge) +2 (natural armor +2)
Conditions: fly, freedom of movement, blur, inspire competence
Melee (rapier+3): +23/+18/+13 = +11(base) +4(dex) +2(belt of dex +4) +3 (magic) +1(weapon focus)+1(swashbuckler specialization)
Melee Damage (rapier+3, arcane strike, panache): 1d6+19 = +3(weapon) +4 (dex) +2(belt of dex +2) +2 (arcane strike) +5 (precise strike)+2 (specialization) +1(swashbuckler specialization), 15-20, x2
5/5 daggers, 5/5 panache, 3/3 charmed life, 27/28 bardic performance, 6/6 1st level, 4/5 2nd level spells, 4/4 3rd level spells, 1/1 arcane bond spell, ring of fire 5/5

Grand Lodge

Bearman-14
Consumables:
Rage 18/18 | Bullets: 20/20; CI 50/50; Silver 50/50 | Wands: CLW 50/50; 1/50; Darkvision 50/50 |

Allarnon is caught of guard as he slips in the mist. The tentacle slams into him as it feels like an ice storm, instantly freezing the skin beneath his fur.

10 damage to DR and remaining 17 to Temp HP.

Status:
Allarnon-Bear Form
AC Bear: (AC 33) [+5 Armor; +4 Shield; +1 Dex; +4 Natural; +3 Deflection; +1 Dodge; +5 Enhance Barkskin; -2 Rage (+1 additional Dodge when raging); +1 Haste]
AC Human: (AC 30) [+5 Armor; +4 Shield; +2 Dex; +3 Deflection; +1 Dodge; +5 Enhance Barkskin; -2 Rage (+1 additional Dodge when raging)]
HP: 187/187; +7 Temp HP; -DR/10 adamantine (120 remaining)
Buffs: Rage 17/18; Stoneskin; Barkskin)

Tarkir
AC: (AC 34) [+4 Armor; +3 Dex; +11 Natural; +5 Enhance Barkskin; +2 Deflection PfE; +1 Dodge; +1 haste]
HP 72/72


(Stats):
│HP: 91/91 │AC:26 FF:21 T:18│CMD30 CMB +15│Init+9 │ Saves: F8,R13, W6│
(Skills):
Skills:Acro+7 Clmb+6, HAn+4, Intim+15, K:Geo +11, Dun+5, Loc+7, Nat +16), Lin+2, Perc. +18, Prof:Soldier +7, Ride +11, SenMo +19 , Splcrft+10, Stealth+21,Surv +18 │

Round 3, Init 25/Status:

HP 98/98
AC: 26 (Touch 18/ FF: 21)
Equipped Weapons:
+3 Keen Longbow (+2)
+1 Cold Iron Longsword
Conditions:
Relevant Data:
+14/+9/+4 BAB
+2 STR
+8 Dex
+3 Keen Composite Longbow (+2)
+1 Weapon Focus
-2 Rapid Shot
-4 Deadly Aim
+6 attack/damage Rangers Focus
+8 damage Deadly Aim
+1 Attack/Damage PBS Gravity Bow (2d6 damage rolls on arrows)
Boots of Speed (0/10 Rounds left)
+1 Attack/from Haste
+4 to COnfirm Crits: Critical focus
Extra attack from Haste
[Rangers Focus 5/5 per day]
48 Cold Iron/ 93 Adamantite (*)/10Silver/20 Ghost Salt (*)/20 Thistle Arrows (*)

Fort: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 12 + 2 = 28

Didn't really think we'd make it out without a fight did you? Ed asks himself as he grabs his adamantine arrows and fires a volley at the mouldering emperor. He places all his focus on the creature, searching for anything that might look like a weak point.

Unfortunately, for me anyway, I do not have clustered shots.

Attack 1: 1d20 + 22 + 3 + 1 - 2 - 4 + 1 + 1 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 22 + 3 + 1 - 2 - 4 + 1 + 1 + 6 = 31
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 6 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 6 + 8 + 1 = 24
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 6 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 6 + 8 + 1 = 18

Attack - Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 22 + 3 + 1 - 2 - 4 + 1 + 1 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 22 + 3 + 1 - 2 - 4 + 1 + 1 + 6 = 32
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 6 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 6 + 8 + 1 = 24

Attack - Haste: 1d20 + 22 + 3 + 1 - 2 - 4 + 1 + 1 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 22 + 3 + 1 - 2 - 4 + 1 + 1 + 6 = 48
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 6 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 6 + 8 + 1 = 19

Attack 2: 1d20 + 17 + 3 + 1 - 2 - 4 + 1 + 1 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 17 + 3 + 1 - 2 - 4 + 1 + 1 + 6 = 28
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 6 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 6 + 8 + 1 = 20

Attack 1: 1d20 + 12 + 3 + 1 - 2 - 4 + 1 + 1 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 12 + 3 + 1 - 2 - 4 + 1 + 1 + 6 = 25
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 6 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 6 + 8 + 1 = 22

Attack - Haste (Confirm): 1d20 + 22 + 3 + 1 - 2 - 4 + 1 + 1 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 22 + 3 + 1 - 2 - 4 + 1 + 1 + 6 + 4 = 42
Damage: 2d8 + 4 + 12 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (8, 2) + 4 + 12 + 16 + 2 = 44
If crit hits, Foe is Staggered for 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 rounds.


Roll 20 Map

I'll update as I can - but a quick question - Ederin, how is I'm staggered with no save? Feels unbalanced even at this level. Just never heard of it before and want to check it out. Thanks.


(Stats):
│HP: 91/91 │AC:26 FF:21 T:18│CMD30 CMB +15│Init+9 │ Saves: F8,R13, W6│
(Skills):
Skills:Acro+7 Clmb+6, HAn+4, Intim+15, K:Geo +11, Dun+5, Loc+7, Nat +16), Lin+2, Perc. +18, Prof:Soldier +7, Ride +11, SenMo +19 , Splcrft+10, Stealth+21,Surv +18 │

Oops, thought that part was in my note that I copy/paste. Fort save is 10+ my bab so Fort Save DC 26 or staggered.


Roll 20 Map

Kaylayne learns that immunity to cold is not the same as immunity to fire as three rays burn the creature’s flesh. Allanron charges, hitting and damaging the Emperor, though less than he’d have liked (DR). Dimitrio prepares Lief to do better - though it doesn’t help him this round. Ederin only connects once, but it’s a doozy as the Emperor is staggered as well! He too does less than he'd hope (DR). Lief fails to convince the glyph that all is well with the world, and your senses return - the glyph is active.

Fort: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (12) + 18 = 30 vs DC 24 or be staggered 5 rounds. 1 round on failure

The Emperor considers his options (if it is a he) and decides to try and take out his greatest foe so far - the archer. He concentrates, and tries to end Ederin where he stands.
concentration: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (16) + 16 = 32

Ederin, please make a Will DC 24, with a +4 to your save, or collapse, becoming unconscious and dying at -1hp. If you make the save, take 6d6 ⇒ (4, 1, 4, 6, 6, 4) = 25 damage.

-Round 3-
Moldering Emperor -23- (-130hp, -4attacks (1/7), staggered 1r)
Glyph - 23- (0/3)
Kaylayne - 19
Allarnon -18 (-27hp)
Dimitrio -11
-Round 4-
Ederin - 25 (-25hp or dying, will save)
Lief - 23+

The party is up!


Spirits Dispenser 14
Stats/Skills:
F11R10W19;Appr+5;Dip +7;HandAn+4;Heal+11;Geog +18;Local +13;Nat+12;Pls19;Rel+18;Perc+24;Barkeep+13;Sense+12;Spllcrft+21(+4moreIDing );Stealth+17(+4);Surv +11;UMD+21

Kaylayne will wait to see what happens to Ederin before posting. We need him up.

Kaylayne gasps.


(Stats):
│HP: 91/91 │AC:26 FF:21 T:18│CMD30 CMB +15│Init+9 │ Saves: F8,R13, W6│
(Skills):
Skills:Acro+7 Clmb+6, HAn+4, Intim+15, K:Geo +11, Dun+5, Loc+7, Nat +16), Lin+2, Perc. +18, Prof:Soldier +7, Ride +11, SenMo +19 , Splcrft+10, Stealth+21,Surv +18 │

No time for full post as previously communicated but let's see if I'm at least concious.

Will: 1d20 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 4 = 14

Ouch.

Ederin collapses like a flan in a cupboard.

Grand Lodge

Bearman-14
Consumables:
Rage 18/18 | Bullets: 20/20; CI 50/50; Silver 50/50 | Wands: CLW 50/50; 1/50; Darkvision 50/50 |

Fort save Spores: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (10) + 19 = 29

Allarnon growls "What was that. He didn't even move!" He continues to try and bring the Emperor down as fast as possible.

Bite; Rage; PA: 1d20 + 17 + 2 - 3 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 17 + 2 - 3 + 1 = 31
Damage: 1d8 + 6 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 2 + 6 = 18
Holy Damage if Evil: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 6) = 8

Claw 1; Rage; PA: 1d20 + 17 + 2 - 3 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 17 + 2 - 3 + 1 = 30
Damage: 1d8 + 6 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 + 6 = 17
Holy Damage if Evil: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 1) = 7

Claw 2; Rage; PA: 1d20 + 17 + 2 - 3 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 17 + 2 - 3 + 1 = 27
Damage: 1d8 + 6 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 2 + 6 = 21
Holy Damage if Evil: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 2) = 6

Hasted Bite; Rage; PA: 1d20 + 17 + 2 - 3 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 17 + 2 - 3 + 1 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 6 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 2 + 6 = 21
Holy Damage if Evil: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 1) = 7

Status:

Allarnon-Bear Form
AC Bear: (AC 33) [+5 Armor; +4 Shield; +1 Dex; +4 Natural; +3 Deflection; +1 Dodge; +5 Enhance Barkskin; -2 Rage (+1 additional Dodge when raging); +1 Haste]
AC Human: (AC 30) [+5 Armor; +4 Shield; +2 Dex; +3 Deflection; +1 Dodge; +5 Enhance Barkskin; -2 Rage (+1 additional Dodge when raging)]
HP: 187/187; +7 Temp HP; -DR/10 adamantine (120 remaining)
Buffs: Rage 16/18; Stoneskin; Barkskin)

Tarkir
AC: (AC 34) [+4 Armor; +3 Dex; +11 Natural; +5 Enhance Barkskin; +2 Deflection PfE; +1 Dodge; +1 haste]
HP 72/72


(Stats):
│HP: 91/91 │AC:26 FF:21 T:18│CMD30 CMB +15│Init+9 │ Saves: F8,R13, W6│
(Skills):
Skills:Acro+7 Clmb+6, HAn+4, Intim+15, K:Geo +11, Dun+5, Loc+7, Nat +16), Lin+2, Perc. +18, Prof:Soldier +7, Ride +11, SenMo +19 , Splcrft+10, Stealth+21,Surv +18 │

Round 4, Init 25+/Status:

HP -2/98
AC: 26 (Touch 18/ FF: 21)
Equipped Weapons:
+3 Keen Longbow (+2)
+1 Cold Iron Longsword
Conditions:
Relevant Data:
+14/+9/+4 BAB
+2 STR
+8 Dex
+3 Keen Composite Longbow (+2)
+1 Weapon Focus
-2 Rapid Shot
-4 Deadly Aim
+6 attack/damage Rangers Focus
+8 damage Deadly Aim
+1 Attack/Damage PBS Gravity Bow (2d6 damage rolls on arrows)
Boots of Speed (0/10 Rounds left)
+1 Attack/from Haste
+4 to COnfirm Crits: Critical focus
Extra attack from Haste
[Rangers Focus 5/5 per day]
48 Cold Iron/ 93 Adamantite (*)/10Silver/20 Ghost Salt (*)/20 Thistle Arrows (*)

Not sure if this is needed, but since I have resumed breathing:
Fort: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 12 + 2 = 30

Stabilize: 1d20 + 0 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 0 - 1 = 8

Ederin continues to bleed out as a result of the Emperor's wrath, his hand twitches so near where his bow has fallen, as though still trying to fight.


Human HP 108; AC 23, T 16/FF 20; F+10, R+14, W+14; Init +5; Perc +23; CMD 26/23FF

Round 4, Init 23+

Status:

AC = 30, Shielded, Hasted, Barkskin
HP = 108/108
Weapon Equipped = +4 Cold Iron Rapier, Spell Storing
Condition(s) = Haste, Shield, Barkskin, Freedom of Movement, Displacement, Resist Energy(Cold)
Inspiration = down 2 uses

Fortitude Save v DC 20: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

Lief presses his tongue against the roof of his mouth, willing his heart rate to slow, the blood to ease from the flush of his face. There now, see? It should be over quickly. The sound of the archer's bow has quieted, the others should be done in mere moments... Easy now...

Bluff: 1d20 + 16 + 1d8 ⇒ (18) + 16 + (5) = 39 1d8 ⇒ 5


Spirits Dispenser 14
Stats/Skills:
F11R10W19;Appr+5;Dip +7;HandAn+4;Heal+11;Geog +18;Local +13;Nat+12;Pls19;Rel+18;Perc+24;Barkeep+13;Sense+12;Spllcrft+21(+4moreIDing );Stealth+17(+4);Surv +11;UMD+21

Round 4, Init 19

Seeing Ederin fall, Kaylayne casts a spell (heal) and goes to touch Ederin. She hopes she is not too late.

+140 hp and fixes your 'itching and burning' sensation 'down there', Ederin.


Roll 20 Map

Ederin, as Kaylyane goes well before you, you are still up on your init. You're prone and without your bow, but otherwise fine. Please feel free to take your regularly scheduled round.

Kaylayne, I need a spore save from you as well please.


(Stats):
│HP: 91/91 │AC:26 FF:21 T:18│CMD30 CMB +15│Init+9 │ Saves: F8,R13, W6│
(Skills):
Skills:Acro+7 Clmb+6, HAn+4, Intim+15, K:Geo +11, Dun+5, Loc+7, Nat +16), Lin+2, Perc. +18, Prof:Soldier +7, Ride +11, SenMo +19 , Splcrft+10, Stealth+21,Surv +18 │

Round 4 (Adjusted), Init 25+/Status:

HP 98/98
AC: 26 (Touch 18/ FF: 21)
Equipped Weapons:
+3 Keen Longbow (+2)
+1 Cold Iron Longsword
Conditions:
Relevant Data:
+14/+9/+4 BAB
+2 STR
+8 Dex
+3 Keen Composite Longbow (+2)
+1 Weapon Focus
-2 Rapid Shot
-4 Deadly Aim
+6 attack/damage Rangers Focus
+8 damage Deadly Aim
+1 Attack/Damage PBS Gravity Bow (2d6 damage rolls on arrows)
Boots of Speed (0/10 Rounds left)
+1 Attack/from Haste
+4 to COnfirm Crits: Critical focus
Extra attack from Haste
[Rangers Focus 5/5 per day]
48 Cold Iron/ 93 Adamantite (*)/10Silver/20 Ghost Salt (*)/20 Thistle Arrows (*)

Ederin's eyes roll back into their normal positions and he tilts his head to inspect the battle field.

"Never like wakin' up this way." He grumbles to Kaylayne as he assess his situation. Well, he ain't tried to whomp me yet, maybe I'm too far.

Hoping he's right, Ederin closes his hand around his bow, stands up, and winces, expecting an oncoming blow that he's in no position to deflect.


Roll 20 Map

Awe... no Combat Reflexes.

The Emperor takes a swing as Ederin grasps his bow.

tentacle rake on Ederin: 1d20 + 25 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 25 - 4 = 27 damage: 3d6 + 11 + 1d6 ⇒ (5, 1, 6) + 11 + (3) = 26 (cold)


Roll 20 Map

Save: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24 vs DC 20

Dimitrio charges in, continuing to inspire Lief, but pressing his attacks on the giant worm. (no AoO as it already attacked Ederin)

Attack: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (15) + 23 = 38 damage: 1d6 + 19 ⇒ (3) + 19 = 22

Dimitrio connects and draws a little blood, but a little less than he'd like (DR).


Roll 20 Map

Kaylayne heals Ederin of all his ills. Allanron swings mightily, but poorly, and fails to land a single blow. Dimitrio charges in, haste making the distance possible, and attacks. Ederin grasps his bow and stands, defying the beast. Lief redoubles his efforts and calms the glyph. Everyone looses their perceptional bonuses as the glyph relaxes.

The Emperor raises an eye-stalk, and focuses his ire on the healer…
concentration: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (15) + 16 = 31

He focuses his mind on Kaylayne’s, trying to blast her with a massive thrust of mental energy…
damage: 15d10 ⇒ (8, 8, 6, 7, 5, 6, 8, 10, 4, 1, 1, 8, 7, 1, 1) = 81 Will save DC 24 negates

-Round 4-
Moldering Emperor -23- (-147hp, -4attacks (2/7))
Glyph - 23- (1/3)
Kaylayne - 19
Allarnon -18 (-27hp)
Dimitrio -11
-Round 5-
Ederin - 25 (-26hp)
Lief - 23+

The party is up!

Grand Lodge

Bearman-14
Consumables:
Rage 18/18 | Bullets: 20/20; CI 50/50; Silver 50/50 | Wands: CLW 50/50; 1/50; Darkvision 50/50 |

Allarnon presses the assault further and further, pushing his bear body to it's extreme limits.

Bite; Rage; PA; Haste: 1d20 + 17 + 2 - 3 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 17 + 2 - 3 + 1 = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 6 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 2 + 6 = 19
Holy Damage if Evil: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 6) = 12

Claw 1; Rage; PA; Haste: 1d20 + 17 + 2 - 3 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 17 + 2 - 3 + 1 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 6 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 2 + 6 = 15
Holy Damage if Evil: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 4) = 5

Claw 2; Rage; PA; Haste: 1d20 + 17 + 2 - 3 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 17 + 2 - 3 + 1 = 28
Damage: 1d8 + 6 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 + 6 = 17
Holy Damage if Evil: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 4) = 8

Hasted Bite; Rage; PA; Haste: 1d20 + 17 + 2 - 3 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 17 + 2 - 3 + 1 = 32
Damage: 1d8 + 6 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 2 + 6 = 22
Holy Damage if Evil: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 5) = 10

Status:

Allarnon-Bear Form
AC Bear: (AC 33) [+5 Armor; +4 Shield; +1 Dex; +4 Natural; +3 Deflection; +1 Dodge; +5 Enhance Barkskin; -2 Rage (+1 additional Dodge when raging); +1 Haste]
AC Human: (AC 30) [+5 Armor; +4 Shield; +2 Dex; +3 Deflection; +1 Dodge; +5 Enhance Barkskin; -2 Rage (+1 additional Dodge when raging)]
HP: 187/187; +7 Temp HP; -DR/10 adamantine (120 remaining)
Buffs: Rage 16/18; Stoneskin; Barkskin)

Tarkir
AC: (AC 34) [+4 Armor; +3 Dex; +11 Natural; +5 Enhance Barkskin; +2 Deflection PfE; +1 Dodge; +1 haste]
HP 72/72


(Stats):
│HP: 91/91 │AC:26 FF:21 T:18│CMD30 CMB +15│Init+9 │ Saves: F8,R13, W6│
(Skills):
Skills:Acro+7 Clmb+6, HAn+4, Intim+15, K:Geo +11, Dun+5, Loc+7, Nat +16), Lin+2, Perc. +18, Prof:Soldier +7, Ride +11, SenMo +19 , Splcrft+10, Stealth+21,Surv +18 │

Round 5, Init 25/Status:

HP 72/98
AC: 26 (Touch 18/ FF: 21)
Equipped Weapons:
+3 Keen Longbow (+2)
+1 Cold Iron Longsword
Conditions:
Relevant Data:
+14/+9/+4 BAB
+2 STR
+8 Dex
+3 Keen Composite Longbow (+2)
+1 Weapon Focus
-2 Rapid Shot
-4 Deadly Aim
+6 attack/damage Rangers Focus
+8 damage Deadly Aim
+1 Attack/Damage PBS Gravity Bow (2d6 damage rolls on arrows)
Boots of Speed (0/10 Rounds left)
+1 Attack/from Haste
+4 to COnfirm Crits: Critical focus
Extra attack from Haste
[Rangers Focus 1/5 per day]
48 Cold Iron/ 86 Adamantite (*)/10Silver/20 Ghost Salt (*)/20 Thistle Arrows (*)

Fort: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 12 + 2 = 24

Ederin reels back from the attack as the tentacle manages to just barely pass his defenses. Cursing, he lifts his bow and fires another volley at the beast, wishing he had something to break through it's armor.

Attack 1: 1d20 + 22 + 3 + 1 - 2 - 4 + 1 + 1 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 22 + 3 + 1 - 2 - 4 + 1 + 1 + 6 = 40
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 6 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 6 + 8 + 1 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 6 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 6 + 8 + 1 = 22

Attack - Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 22 + 3 + 1 - 2 - 4 + 1 + 1 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 22 + 3 + 1 - 2 - 4 + 1 + 1 + 6 = 29
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 6 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 6 + 8 + 1 = 24

Attack - Haste: 1d20 + 22 + 3 + 1 - 2 - 4 + 1 + 1 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 22 + 3 + 1 - 2 - 4 + 1 + 1 + 6 = 30
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 6 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 6 + 8 + 1 = 19

Attack 2: 1d20 + 17 + 3 + 1 - 2 - 4 + 1 + 1 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 17 + 3 + 1 - 2 - 4 + 1 + 1 + 6 = 37
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 6 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 6 + 8 + 1 = 19

Attack 1: 1d20 + 12 + 3 + 1 - 2 - 4 + 1 + 1 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 12 + 3 + 1 - 2 - 4 + 1 + 1 + 6 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 6 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 6 + 8 + 1 = 24

He almost drops one of his arrows in his haste but recovers it in the nick of time.
Using Rangers Luck to re-roll the fumble, must take the result
Attack - Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 22 + 3 + 1 - 2 - 4 + 1 + 1 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 22 + 3 + 1 - 2 - 4 + 1 + 1 + 6 = 42
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 6 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 6 + 8 + 1 = 21


Roll 20 Map

Allarnon - fort save please. :)

Grand Lodge

Bearman-14
Consumables:
Rage 18/18 | Bullets: 20/20; CI 50/50; Silver 50/50 | Wands: CLW 50/50; 1/50; Darkvision 50/50 |

Spore Fort Save: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (2) + 19 = 21


Spirits Dispenser 14
Stats/Skills:
F11R10W19;Appr+5;Dip +7;HandAn+4;Heal+11;Geog +18;Local +13;Nat+12;Pls19;Rel+18;Perc+24;Barkeep+13;Sense+12;Spllcrft+21(+4moreIDing );Stealth+17(+4);Surv +11;UMD+21

Rounds 4, Init 19

1d20 + 11 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 11 + 4 + 2 = 28 Fort vs spore
1d20 + 11 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 11 + 4 + 2 = 18 Fort vs spore this round.
1d20 + 11 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 11 + 4 + 2 = 32 Fort vs Disintigrate

Kaylayne's brain bends and begins to cave in upon itself, but then rights itself and doesn't explode. Which is good. She uses her staff again, then retreats, worried for her safety.
Cast Scorching Ray.

1d20 + 13 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 13 + 1 + 2 + 1 = 20 touch to hit; (PBS,Heroism,Haste)
4d6 + 1 ⇒ (1, 6, 6, 1) + 1 = 15 fire damage.

1d20 + 13 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 13 + 1 + 2 + 1 = 24 touch to hit; (PBS,Heroism,Haste)
4d6 + 1 ⇒ (1, 1, 2, 2) + 1 = 7 fire damage.

1d20 + 13 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 13 + 1 + 2 + 1 = 21 touch to hit; (PBS,Heroism,Haste)
4d6 + 1 ⇒ (6, 4, 2, 6) + 1 = 19 fire damage.

1d20 + 13 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 13 + 4 = 22 SR

Can't move Kaylayne now, but she flies to hide in the nook.

Haste: 4/14. +1 to AC/Reflex/yadayada +1 attx

Kay's Combat Stats:

Haste: 0/14. +1 to AC/Reflex/yadayada +1 attx

Statuses:
AC: (3 dex+6 armor+3 magic vestment+2 ring force shield+1 def+5 barkskin) =30 AC+1 haste=31
HP: 128/128+15 temp

Left hand:
Right hand:
Glove of Storing: Staff of Dark Flame

[ dice]1d20+15-2[/dice] touch hit; (rapid)
[ dice]1d6+5+1[/dice] fire damage.

+10 Bab +3 Dex +1 magic +1 PBS
1d6 + 1 magic +1 PBS

Pearl of Power 1: 0/2 used
Pearl of Power 2: 0/1 used
Pearl of Power 3: 0/1 used
Pearl of Power 5: 0/1 used

Rod Metamagic Extend: 2/3 used (magic vestment*2)
Scroll of Water Breathing
Wand of Lesser Restoration: 9 charges left
Ring of the Ram: 11/36 charges left (unequipped)
Wand of False Life 19 charges left
Staff of Dark Flame (9/10 left)

10 Adamantine Stones
25 Cold Iron Stones
10 Silver Stones

Spells:
Magic Vestment (28 hours)
Overland Flight (14 hours)
Heroism: (280 minutes)
Barkskin (140 minutes)
MCPfE10' (140 minutes)
Resist Electricity (140 minutes)
Produce Flame: 0/14
Other Kaylayne: round 0/14


Roll 20 Map

1d4 ⇒ 3

Kaylayne is sickened this round, but her magics splatter on the surface of the beast as it's innate magical resistance protect it from harm. There was no disintegrate however - your save is a Will save against all that damage. I presume you still made it with that roll however.


Spirits Dispenser 14
Stats/Skills:
F11R10W19;Appr+5;Dip +7;HandAn+4;Heal+11;Geog +18;Local +13;Nat+12;Pls19;Rel+18;Perc+24;Barkeep+13;Sense+12;Spllcrft+21(+4moreIDing );Stealth+17(+4);Surv +11;UMD+21

Grunt. Yeah, I knew that. I totally knew that, uh huh. And yes, woulda made the save either way, but still...

Kaylayne feels sickened and wants to vomit on Lief's shoes. She holds it in.


Male CG human bard 9 (arcane duelist) / Swashbuckler 5 | CMB: 12, CMD: 27 | F: +11, R: +18, W: +12 | Init: +10 | Perc: +17, SM +8 | Speed 30ft |

Dimitrio continues to bolster Lief's attempt to shut down the glyph.

He sees an opening to buy the boy some more time. he gestures and an could of fine speckles explodes in the Mouldering Emperor.

-----------
cast glitterdust if he can see the things eyes, DC 15 will save or be blind. If not then he will bluff and aid Lief

fort save, DC 20: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20

bluff check if glitterdust is not cast: 1d20 + 16 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 16 + 3 = 28

+stats:

HP 115/115
AC 32, touch 18, flat-footed 25
10 +4(DEX) +2(belt of DEX +4) +7(chainshirt+3) +4 (buckler+3) +1(ring of prot) +2 (dodge) +2 (natural armor +2)
Conditions: fly, freedom of movement, blur, inspire competence
Melee (rapier+3): +23/+18/+13 = +11(base) +4(dex) +2(belt of dex +4) +3 (magic) +1(weapon focus)+1(swashbuckler specialization)
Melee Damage (rapier+3, arcane strike, panache): 1d6+19 = +3(weapon) +4 (dex) +2(belt of dex +2) +2 (arcane strike) +5 (precise strike)+2 (specialization) +1(swashbuckler specialization), 15-20, x2
5/5 daggers, 5/5 panache, 3/3 charmed life, 27/28 bardic performance, 6/6 1st level, 3/5 2nd level spells, 4/4 3rd level spells, 1/1 arcane bond spell, ring of fire 5/5


Roll 20 Map

Dimitrio, do you cast defensively, or take the AoO?


Male CG human bard 9 (arcane duelist) / Swashbuckler 5 | CMB: 12, CMD: 27 | F: +11, R: +18, W: +12 | Init: +10 | Perc: +17, SM +8 | Speed 30ft |
GM_Euan wrote:
Dimitrio, do you cast defensively, or take the AoO?

No! No AoO. :)

cast defensively, DC 19: 1d20 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 9 + 4 = 31


Human HP 108; AC 23, T 16/FF 20; F+10, R+14, W+14; Init +5; Perc +23; CMD 26/23FF

Round 5, Init 23+

Status:

AC = 30, Shielded, Hasted, Barkskin
HP = 108/108
Weapon Equipped = +4 Cold Iron Rapier, Spell Storing
Condition(s) = Haste, Shield, Barkskin, Freedom of Movement, Displacement, Resist Energy(Cold)
Inspiration = down 2 uses

Fortitude Save v DC 20: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

Lief continues to concentrate on his biometrics. He tunes out everything, focusing his demeanor psychically to monk-like stillness. He finds a perfection in his skill that is unmatched for his time in life. He feels his senses dulled, and dares them to intensify against his will.

Bluff: 1d20 + 16 + 1d8 ⇒ (20) + 16 + (1) = 37 1d8 ⇒ 8
Tenacious Inspiration: 20 + 16 + 8 = 44


Roll 20 Map

Kaylayne, sickened, doesn’t manage to overcome SR as she falls back to a safer environment. Allanron rages at the beast, but cannot quite land a blow. Dimitrio . Ederin opens up with his bow, tempting fate again, and landing several excellent hits, though DR takes some of the edge off - not much… Lief continues to calm the glyph - just one more success!

Dimitrio tries blinding the great beast, though all it’s eyes just barely fit into the radius…
Will: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (11) + 16 = 27 vs DC 15

The Moldering Emperor shouts in a rage at all the damage it’s absorbing. At the end of its scream, it bellows and acid fills the room effecting Allarnon, Dimitrio, and Ederin with its breath.
acid damage: 14d10 ⇒ (6, 5, 8, 2, 5, 5, 10, 4, 6, 6, 5, 7, 8, 6) = 83 Reflex DC 32 for half

-Round 5-
Moldering Emperor -23- (-216hp, -4attacks (3/7))
Glyph - 23- (2/3)
Kaylayne - 19
Allarnon -18 (-27hp)
Dimitrio -11
-Round 6-
Ederin - 25 (-26hp)
Lief - 23+

The party is up!


(Stats):
│HP: 91/91 │AC:26 FF:21 T:18│CMD30 CMB +15│Init+9 │ Saves: F8,R13, W6│
(Skills):
Skills:Acro+7 Clmb+6, HAn+4, Intim+15, K:Geo +11, Dun+5, Loc+7, Nat +16), Lin+2, Perc. +18, Prof:Soldier +7, Ride +11, SenMo +19 , Splcrft+10, Stealth+21,Surv +18 │

Round 6, Init 25+/Status:

HP 41/98
AC: 26 (Touch 18/ FF: 21)
Equipped Weapons:
+3 Keen Longbow (+2)
+1 Cold Iron Longsword
Conditions:
Relevant Data:
+14/+9/+4 BAB
+2 STR
+8 Dex
+3 Keen Composite Longbow (+2)
+1 Weapon Focus
-2 Rapid Shot
-4 Deadly Aim
+6 attack/damage Rangers Focus
+8 damage Deadly Aim
+1 Attack/Damage PBS Gravity Bow (2d6 damage rolls on arrows)
Boots of Speed (0/10 Rounds left)
+1 Attack/from Haste
+4 to COnfirm Crits: Critical focus
Extra attack from Haste
[Rangers Focus 1/5 per day]
48 Cold Iron/ 86 Adamantite (*)/10Silver/20 Ghost Salt (*)/20 Thistle Arrows (*)

Fort: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 2 = 14
Reflex-Heroism: 1d20 + 20 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 20 + 2 + 4 = 34Moment of Inspiration used

Ederin's years of honing his reflexes, trying to keep out of the way of danger help him avoid most of the acid blast, but he's still in rough shape.

Fingers, raw from the acid eating at them, pull back on a bowstring as fast as they can, Ed knows he's just a few steps from deaths door and prays that Erastil might guide his arrows.

Assuming the failed Fort Save doesn't prevent attacks:
Attack 1: 1d20 + 22 + 3 + 1 - 2 - 4 + 1 + 1 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 22 + 3 + 1 - 2 - 4 + 1 + 1 + 6 + 4 = 44
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 6 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 6 + 8 + 1 = 18
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 6 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 6 + 8 + 1 = 22

Attack - Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 22 + 3 + 1 - 2 - 4 + 1 + 1 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 22 + 3 + 1 - 2 - 4 + 1 + 1 + 6 + 4 = 42
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 6 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 6 + 8 + 1 = 21

Attack - Haste: 1d20 + 22 + 3 + 1 - 2 - 4 + 1 + 1 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 22 + 3 + 1 - 2 - 4 + 1 + 1 + 6 + 4 = 38
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 6 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 6 + 8 + 1 = 23

Attack 2: 1d20 + 17 + 3 + 1 - 2 - 4 + 1 + 1 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 17 + 3 + 1 - 2 - 4 + 1 + 1 + 6 + 4 = 33
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 6 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 6 + 8 + 1 = 24

Attack 3: 1d20 + 12 + 3 + 1 - 2 - 4 + 1 + 1 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 12 + 3 + 1 - 2 - 4 + 1 + 1 + 6 + 4 = 36
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 6 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 6 + 8 + 1 = 25

Grand Lodge

Bearman-14
Consumables:
Rage 18/18 | Bullets: 20/20; CI 50/50; Silver 50/50 | Wands: CLW 50/50; 1/50; Darkvision 50/50 |

Spore Fort save: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (6) + 19 = 25
Reflex DC 32: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

The acid pours all down Allarnon's backside as the bear isn't in a position to block or dodge any of it being at point blank and in the kill zone. When his mind is in this sort of a rage he just does what he can to survive and block the creature from reaching the others as he leaps up at the Moldering Emperor's neck with his teeth, raking his claws down its body.

Bite; Rage; PA: 1d20 + 17 + 2 - 3 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 17 + 2 - 3 + 1 = 29
Damage: 1d8 + 6 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 2 + 6 = 20
Holy Damage if Evil: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 1) = 4

Claw 1; Rage; PA: 1d20 + 17 + 2 - 3 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 17 + 2 - 3 + 1 = 36
Damage: 1d8 + 6 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 2 + 6 = 20
Holy Damage if Evil: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 5) = 8

Claw 2; Rage; PA: 1d20 + 17 + 2 - 3 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 17 + 2 - 3 + 1 = 27
Damage: 1d8 + 6 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 2 + 6 = 19
Holy Damage if Evil: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 5) = 7

Hasted Bite; Rage; PA: 1d20 + 17 + 2 - 3 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 17 + 2 - 3 + 1 = 32
Damage: 1d8 + 6 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 2 + 6 = 21
Holy Damage if Evil: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 5) = 10

Status:

Allarnon-Bear Form
AC Bear: (AC 33) [+5 Armor; +4 Shield; +1 Dex; +4 Natural; +3 Deflection; +1 Dodge; +5 Enhance Barkskin; -2 Rage (+1 additional Dodge when raging); +1 Haste]
AC Human: (AC 30) [+5 Armor; +4 Shield; +2 Dex; +3 Deflection; +1 Dodge; +5 Enhance Barkskin; -2 Rage (+1 additional Dodge when raging)]
HP: 111/187; +0 Temp HP; -DR/10 adamantine (120 remaining)
Buffs: Rage 15/18; Stoneskin; Barkskin)

Tarkir
AC: (AC 34) [+4 Armor; +3 Dex; +11 Natural; +5 Enhance Barkskin; +2 Deflection PfE; +1 Dodge; +1 haste]
HP 72/72


Male CG human bard 9 (arcane duelist) / Swashbuckler 5 | CMB: 12, CMD: 27 | F: +11, R: +18, W: +12 | Init: +10 | Perc: +17, SM +8 | Speed 30ft |

Seeing his spell did nothing against the 'emperor', Dimitrio changed tactics.

Taking the full brunt of the thing's acrid breath, the bard activates the spell stored in his armor restoring some of his damaged flesh. He then gestures defensively to cast a spell that has him blinking in and out of the material plane.

"C'mon Lief! I don't think I can take another one of those attacks. And my clothes are ruined again!"

-----------
activate spell stored in armor (CSW), bluff and aid Lief

CSW: 3d8 + 15 ⇒ (6, 6, 1) + 15 = 28

fort save, DC 20: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21, pass

ref save, DC 32: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (3) + 18 = 21, fail 83 hp damage

cast defensively, DC 21: 1d20 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 9 + 4 = 29

stats:

HP 60/115
AC 32, touch 18, flat-footed 25
10 +4(DEX) +2(belt of DEX +4) +7(chainshirt+3) +4 (buckler+3) +1(ring of prot) +2 (dodge) +2 (natural armor +2)
Conditions: fly, freedom of movement, blur, inspire competence, blink
Melee (rapier+3): +23/+18/+13 = +11(base) +4(dex) +2(belt of dex +4) +3 (magic) +1(weapon focus)+1(swashbuckler specialization)
Melee Damage (rapier+3, arcane strike, panache): 1d6+19 = +3(weapon) +4 (dex) +2(belt of dex +2) +2 (arcane strike) +5 (precise strike)+2 (specialization) +1(swashbuckler specialization), 15-20, x2
5/5 daggers, 5/5 panache, 3/3 charmed life, 24/28 bardic performance, 6/6 1st level, 3/5 2nd level spells, 3/4 3rd level spells, 1/1 arcane bond spell, ring of fire 5/5


Roll 20 Map

Ederin Spores: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Seriously? I have four wonderful effects, yet I've rolled the weakest, '3', every single time so far! C'mon Paizo!

Ederin is sickened, so -2 on all d20 rolls, but he still makes his save... just.

Dimitrio - too many actions. Spell Storing armor is only a free action when you release it on the opposition who physically hit you. I'm not even sure you can cast it on yourself, but I'm fine with it I suppose.


Spirits Dispenser 14
Stats/Skills:
F11R10W19;Appr+5;Dip +7;HandAn+4;Heal+11;Geog +18;Local +13;Nat+12;Pls19;Rel+18;Perc+24;Barkeep+13;Sense+12;Spllcrft+21(+4moreIDing );Stealth+17(+4);Surv +11;UMD+21

Rounds 5, Init 19

1d20 + 11 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 11 + 4 + 2 = 29 Fort vs spore

Kaylayne flies back into the fight, to see the results of acidic splash upon her comrades.

She tries again with her Dark Staff, shooting rays of fire at the beast.

1d20 + 13 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 13 + 1 + 2 + 1 = 22 touch to hit: (PBS, Heroism, Haste)
4d6 + 1 ⇒ (1, 2, 5, 1) + 1 = 10 scorching ray

1d20 + 13 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 13 + 1 + 2 + 1 = 32 touch to hit: (PBS, Heroism, Haste)
4d6 + 1 ⇒ (4, 2, 4, 5) + 1 = 16 scorching ray

1d20 + 13 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 13 + 1 + 2 + 1 = 20 touch to hit: (PBS, Heroism, Haste)
4d6 + 1 ⇒ (1, 1, 5, 1) + 1 = 9 scorching ray

1d20 + 14 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 14 + 4 = 26 SR

Haste: 5/14. +1 to AC/Reflex/yadayada +1 attx

Kay's Combat Stats:

Haste: 0/14. +1 to AC/Reflex/yadayada +1 attx

Statuses:
AC: (3 dex+6 armor+3 magic vestment+2 ring force shield+1 def+5 barkskin) =30 AC+1 haste=31
HP: 128/128+15 temp

Left hand:
Right hand:
Glove of Storing: Staff of Dark Flame

[ dice]1d20+15-2[/dice] touch hit; (rapid)
[ dice]1d6+5+1[/dice] fire damage.

+10 Bab +3 Dex +1 magic +1 PBS
1d6 + 1 magic +1 PBS

Pearl of Power 1: 0/2 used
Pearl of Power 2: 0/1 used
Pearl of Power 3: 0/1 used
Pearl of Power 5: 0/1 used

Rod Metamagic Extend: 2/3 used (magic vestment*2)
Scroll of Water Breathing
Wand of Lesser Restoration: 9 charges left
Ring of the Ram: 11/36 charges left (unequipped)
Wand of False Life 19 charges left
Staff of Dark Flame (7/10 left)

10 Adamantine Stones
25 Cold Iron Stones
10 Silver Stones

Spells:
Magic Vestment (28 hours)
Overland Flight (14 hours)
Heroism: (280 minutes)
Barkskin (140 minutes)
MCPfE10' (140 minutes)
Resist Electricity (140 minutes)
Produce Flame: 0/14
Other Kaylayne: round 0/14


Roll 20 Map

Kaylayne connects with her scorching ray, but only just barely overcoming SR. Allanron manages a hit at last, striking deep in the flesh of the giant worm. Dimitrio heals himself a little and continues to help Lief. Ederin manages an excellent round doing nearly a hundred points of damage before DR. Lief DMPC continues to work the glyph.

Bluff: 1d20 + 16 + 1d8 ⇒ (7) + 16 + (7) = 30 1d8 ⇒ 5

The glyph, only just barely, dims under Lief's continuously gentle tones...

Lief:
Deactivating the glyph of vigilance causes you to gain a +20 bonus on Stealth checks for 24 hours, and the ability to use silence and greater invisibly once during that 24 hours as spell-like abilities (CL 16th).
- - -

The Mouldering Emperor pulls back, his form covered in blood and viscera, affording Dimitrio and Allarnon AoOs. He retreats some 20’ or so, and disappears!

Spellcraft DC 20:
It cast Teleport.

We are out of initiative for now, but please keep your actions to within ~5 rounds or so. Also keep in mind you must make a DC 20 Fort save for every round you remain in the immediate area due to the spores.

-Round 6-
Moldering Emperor -23- (-363hp, -4attacks (4/7))
Glyph - 23- (3/3)
Kaylayne - 19
Allarnon -18 (-110hp)
Dimitrio -11 (-83hp)
-Round 7 -
Ederin - 25 (-66hp)
Lief - 23+


(Stats):
│HP: 91/91 │AC:26 FF:21 T:18│CMD30 CMB +15│Init+9 │ Saves: F8,R13, W6│
(Skills):
Skills:Acro+7 Clmb+6, HAn+4, Intim+15, K:Geo +11, Dun+5, Loc+7, Nat +16), Lin+2, Perc. +18, Prof:Soldier +7, Ride +11, SenMo +19 , Splcrft+10, Stealth+21,Surv +18 │

Ederin doesn't lower his bow as the creature retreats. He keeps holding his breathe and waits, hoping Lief sounds the retreat soon.

Fort: 1d20 + 9 + 2 - 2 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 2 - 2 + 4 = 20
Not sure if I'm still sickened or not.

If that thing goes and heals, we're f$+%ed.


Roll 20 Map

Ederin - the sickening only lasts a round, so you're fine.


Spirits Dispenser 14
Stats/Skills:
F11R10W19;Appr+5;Dip +7;HandAn+4;Heal+11;Geog +18;Local +13;Nat+12;Pls19;Rel+18;Perc+24;Barkeep+13;Sense+12;Spllcrft+21(+4moreIDing );Stealth+17(+4);Surv +11;UMD+21

1d20 + 11 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 11 + 4 + 2 = 36 Fort

"Keep going Lief. You're our only hope."

Leaving Lief to finish with the glyph, Kaylayne steps out to offer some minimal healing that she can.

1d8 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15 healing to Dimi, Alla, & Ederin

I'll post more actions as we see what happens with Lief.

Grand Lodge

Bearman-14
Consumables:
Rage 18/18 | Bullets: 20/20; CI 50/50; Silver 50/50 | Wands: CLW 50/50; 1/50; Darkvision 50/50 |

Allarnon watches the Moldering Emperor disappear and sighs in relief. "Everyone alright? You got that glyph taken care of yet?"

Allarnon moves away from the edge of the mushroom and begins to lick the wounds clean.

Mass CLW: 1d8 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13 Everyone heals 13 hp

Status:

Allarnon-Bear Form
AC Bear: (AC 33) [+5 Armor; +4 Shield; +1 Dex; +4 Natural; +3 Deflection; +1 Dodge; +5 Enhance Barkskin; -2 Rage (+1 additional Dodge when raging); +1 Haste]
AC Human: (AC 30) [+5 Armor; +4 Shield; +2 Dex; +3 Deflection; +1 Dodge; +5 Enhance Barkskin; -2 Rage (+1 additional Dodge when raging)]
HP: 139/187; +0 Temp HP; -DR/10 adamantine (120 remaining)
Buffs: Rage 15/18; Stoneskin; Barkskin)

Tarkir
AC: (AC 34) [+4 Armor; +3 Dex; +11 Natural; +5 Enhance Barkskin; +2 Deflection PfE; +1 Dodge; +1 haste]
HP 72/72


Roll 20 Map

DMPC Lief calls out, "It is finished, let's all get out of here!"

He and DMPC Dimitrio, flee the immediate area scattering into the Hanging Forest a little ways to avoid the spores.

That is their first round action.

What does the party do with the next four-ish rounds?


(Stats):
│HP: 91/91 │AC:26 FF:21 T:18│CMD30 CMB +15│Init+9 │ Saves: F8,R13, W6│
(Skills):
Skills:Acro+7 Clmb+6, HAn+4, Intim+15, K:Geo +11, Dun+5, Loc+7, Nat +16), Lin+2, Perc. +18, Prof:Soldier +7, Ride +11, SenMo +19 , Splcrft+10, Stealth+21,Surv +18 │

Ederin, seeing Lief and Dimitrio retreat follows after, keeping his bow up, and his eyes open.

Perception: 1d20 + 19 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 19 + 2 + 2 = 33

Once out of the mushroom, Ed will attempt to find a path toward their next destination.

Survival: 1d20 + 19 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 19 + 2 + 2 = 37

Grand Lodge

Bearman-14
Consumables:
Rage 18/18 | Bullets: 20/20; CI 50/50; Silver 50/50 | Wands: CLW 50/50; 1/50; Darkvision 50/50 |

Spore Fort save: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (3) + 19 = 22

Seeing the others flee Allarnon does likewise as he climbs back down the mushroom with Ederin in tow. "Let's get out of here before that thing shows back up."

So now that the fight is hopefully over. Out of curiosity what were the other bad things the spores could have done to us?

Allarnon makes haste to get back to Tarkir, making sure he is alright as he gives the all clear whistle he let Tarkir know about earlier.


Spirits Dispenser 14
Stats/Skills:
F11R10W19;Appr+5;Dip +7;HandAn+4;Heal+11;Geog +18;Local +13;Nat+12;Pls19;Rel+18;Perc+24;Barkeep+13;Sense+12;Spllcrft+21(+4moreIDing );Stealth+17(+4);Surv +11;UMD+21

Rounds 7, Init 19

1d20 + 11 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 11 + 4 + 2 = 34 Fort vs spore

Kaylayne sighs with relief as Lief finishes.

"Let's get gone. These spores are giving me herpes, I think."

Using the speed leftover from Haste she's ready to flee quite quickly.

"Back the way we came...at least we know there isn't much danger there...I think."

Haste: 7/14. +1 to AC/Reflex/yadayada +1 attx

Kay's Combat Stats:

Haste: 0/14. +1 to AC/Reflex/yadayada +1 attx

Statuses:
AC: (3 dex+6 armor+3 magic vestment+2 ring force shield+1 def+5 barkskin) =30 AC+1 haste=31
HP: 128/128+15 temp

Left hand:
Right hand:
Glove of Storing: Staff of Dark Flame

[ dice]1d20+15-2[/dice] touch hit; (rapid)
[ dice]1d6+5+1[/dice] fire damage.

+10 Bab +3 Dex +1 magic +1 PBS
1d6 + 1 magic +1 PBS

Pearl of Power 1: 0/2 used
Pearl of Power 2: 0/1 used
Pearl of Power 3: 0/1 used
Pearl of Power 5: 0/1 used

Rod Metamagic Extend: 2/3 used (magic vestment*2)
Scroll of Water Breathing
Wand of Lesser Restoration: 9 charges left
Ring of the Ram: 11/36 charges left (unequipped)
Wand of False Life 19 charges left
Staff of Dark Flame (7/10 left)

10 Adamantine Stones
25 Cold Iron Stones
10 Silver Stones

Spells:
Magic Vestment (28 hours)
Overland Flight (14 hours)
Heroism: (280 minutes)
Barkskin (140 minutes)
MCPfE10' (140 minutes)
Resist Electricity (140 minutes)
Produce Flame: 0/14
Other Kaylayne: round 0/14


Roll 20 Map

You flee, moving at the speed of Allarnon down the mushroom then into the forest - though being hasted helps.

You are not immediately pursued, and you're able to travel without incident the last few hours of the 'day' before you grow tired and are ready to rest.

To get to your penultimate destination, you'll backtrack a bit, which means making good time as you can simply follow your own tracks backwards for about half the journey. Then inland to the Rotstone Hollows!

You expect you'll arrive late on the third day - or early on the fourth as you wish.


Spirits Dispenser 14
Stats/Skills:
F11R10W19;Appr+5;Dip +7;HandAn+4;Heal+11;Geog +18;Local +13;Nat+12;Pls19;Rel+18;Perc+24;Barkeep+13;Sense+12;Spllcrft+21(+4moreIDing );Stealth+17(+4);Surv +11;UMD+21

"C'mon, let's get to the Hollows," Kaylayne exhales with relief as she begins to breathe again. When I get to a home computer, I'll need to do some back research on the Hollows. Hard to do from phone.

"Let's try to be careful. The drow might have adapted to our presence by now."

Kaylayne flies closer to Allarnon.

"How its Tarkir holding up down here? Does he, like me, wish to again breathe clean, fresh air?"

6,451 to 6,500 of 6,532 << first < prev | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Euan's Second Darkness Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.