Emerald Kingdoms

Game Master Kevin O'Rourke 440

Emerald Spire Ground Floor
Emerald Spire Second Floor-The Cellar
Accursed Halls
Loot Sheet
Side Jobs

***The Greenbelt***


1 to 50 of 1,484 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human Level 3 Investigator

Feel free to dot.


Male Human Level 3 Investigator

Others have gone before you and failed. Other more experience groups have tried their hand and three of the charters are claimed... but there is yet opportunity for the daring to claim glory and steer their fortune. Some of ye may have to begun to despair, the last group have been gone a while but you are the next to be given a chance, to prove your skill and valor are greater than theirs were.

So you have been summoned by Lord Mayor Ioseph Sellemius, the ruler of Restov. The city operates as a free city but must abide by the dictates of the Throne of Brevoy ever since Choral the Conqueror conquered these lands to form the country of Brevoy. But your fate and fortunes may lie further afield...

The office is elegant yet spartan. The furniture is well crafted and embellished but every item in it has a use and all of them are quite effective for that use. Lord Mayor Sellemius stands a fine figure of a man, he is a gentleman but not a nobleman. His hair is black with flecks of grey and sports a well groomed goatee. His brown eyes take you all in. "I welcome you, your patience has born fruit. I have a task for you to prove yourselves with. Your predecessors found it a little too... challenging. We wish for you to procure an item in a location to the South East. The task is simple enough in concept if not execution. We require you to return here with a minor magical item of curious nature called an 'Emerald Spire Token', once we have received this the Charter is yours so long as it's within a month. Unless you choose to back out first of course. They're about the size of a thumb and look almost as if they are made of green glass but are far from fragile."

He places a rod like object on the table. "This may be of use to you, a minor magical device for healing of limited capacity. There is a settlement within a few miles of the the Emerald Spire called Thornkeep... your predecessors decided to resupply there, it seems they got a little ahead of themselves in their sense of importance and skill... picking a fight with an exiled Tiger Lord barbarian. They didn't all die, but enough that they cut their loses and gave up on the Emerald Spire."

The Lord Mayor raises an eyebrow "I do hope you'll prove more prudent and potent than they did. Good luck."

A short time later ye are alone to discuss what ye know and plan.

Ye got a Wand of Cure Light Wounds with seventeen charges... for now.

Knowledge Local DC 5:

The Emerald Spire is a famed source of coin and death for adventurers. You're sure who built it but from what you've heard it's been there in tales going back centuries. It's said strange monsters appear in and around it. Though eye catching from the the surface it's got various sublevels.

Knowledge History DC 15:

According to scholars the Emerald Spire has been around for at least ten thousand years, it's ruins show the architecture of the fallen Empire of Azlant. It has cropped up throughout history as the base of operation for several groups... but none have ever proved they found the bottom level.

Knowledge Dungeoneering DC 10:

If the stories you've heard are true the Emerald Spire goes so far beneath the surface it is connected to the labyrinthine tunnels of the Darklands, that subterranean realm deep beneath the ground.

Knowledge Arcane DC 15:

What you have heard about the Spire Tokens is that with the right knowledge people without any magical ability can teleport in a restricted fashion between the various levels of the Emerald Spire.


Male Halfling Monk 2, Hp 25/25 Fort+5, Ref+7, Will+6, AC16(17),CMD 13, CMB+4 Flurry +1/+1

Jorin listens to the Lord Mayor as he speaks. Running his hand through his pointed beard his other hand endlessly flicks a fan around, opening it slightly before closing it again. It seems a subconsious act on his part. He looks at the wand being offered but makes no move to pick it up. Thinking about their destination he tries to recall what he had read previously about it but it was so long ago and so far away seeming at the time that he didn't pay it enough attention.


Female Elf Witch 3, HP:20/20, AC: 17, FF: 14, Touch: 13, CMB: 0, CMD: 13, Fort: +2, Ref: +4, Will +4, Initiative +9, Perception +7, Stealth +9

Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 DC 5

Knowledge Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 DC 10

Knowledge History: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 DC 15

Amadeen stands a slender six feet tall. She wears silken ceremonial armor with alternating random patches of cyan and black over an outfit full of pockets. An observant onlooker will notice that her stormy sea blue irises surround white pupils. Her loose hair is black with obvious hints of red and less obvious hints of purple. Her mouth is currently curled into a smile and her face is one used to laughter.

She unceremoniously dumps a hefty but finely made backpack onto the ground with a thump. She puts down the wand of cure light wounds in front of her on the table as she sits. And then speaks.

"One token for a charter. I can live with that bargain! Even if the Emerald Spire is a bit of a deathtrap. Ten thousand year-old Azlant stuff. Nobody has ever come back with word of the bottom level, maybe they walked into the Darklands. But we'll do better!"

She is grinning brightly.

"We should get to know one another since we'll be fighting and exploring together. I " *dramatic pause* "am Amadeen Irian. And my speciality is making those in my way start to fail hilariously. When I start laughing, that's when you know I've sunk a hex into them and they're in serious trouble. I can also patch ye up the morning after a rough night and sweet talk my way in and out of trouble. How about the rest of ye?"

The grin remains on her face, easing off only slightly before she casts eyes over her new companions.


Golem (Wyrwood)
Stat:
HP - 27 | AC/Touch/Flat 14(18)/15/11(15) | Fort/Ref/Wil +0/+4/+5 | CMD 14 | INIT +7
Skills:
Acrobatics +10 | Appraise +9 | Craft (Clockwork) 10 | Craft (Tattoo) 11 | Disable Device +10 | Perception +9 | Spellcraft +12 | Kn (Arcan) +12 | Stealth 9 | UMD +4
Seeker Sage Sorcerer (2)

I assume that Tik'Klik, due to his background, is not at any parties. He'll be in the initial batch of equipment?


Male Halfling Monk 2, Hp 25/25 Fort+5, Ref+7, Will+6, AC16(17),CMD 13, CMB+4 Flurry +1/+1

"I am Jorin Vinhorn. I'm traveling these lands in search of spiritual enlightenment, and maybe a little adventure. I have been trained in mind and body to defend myself, my allies and the innocent."

As he speaks his arm movements cause the chakrams looped onto them to rattle slightly. The fan in his left hand is currently being employed as a tool for what seems like conducting his speech, waving up and down and around punctuating his descriptions of himself.

"I look forward to sharing this path with you"


Female Human Slayer 1 (HP:12/12, AC18 T16 FF12, Saves F4 R7 W4, Init 6, Perception 6)

K.Local: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
K.Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

"Name's Darya," the red-headed human girl dressed in leathers and furs plops down on her seat. "I'm a trapper by trade, if rather better at big game hunting than most of my peers."

She takes a swig of ale.

"Bummer, I hoped to just come and weasel my way into a group with a charter. Who knew that the others have all left already and nobody managed to claim the last one. Well, at least we might find something interesting or valuable in that deathtrap. Besides, y'know, not dying."


Golem (Wyrwood)
Stat:
HP - 27 | AC/Touch/Flat 14(18)/15/11(15) | Fort/Ref/Wil +0/+4/+5 | CMD 14 | INIT +7
Skills:
Acrobatics +10 | Appraise +9 | Craft (Clockwork) 10 | Craft (Tattoo) 11 | Disable Device +10 | Perception +9 | Spellcraft +12 | Kn (Arcan) +12 | Stealth 9 | UMD +4
Seeker Sage Sorcerer (2)

"Tik'Klik."

The wooden statue against the wall begins moving under it's own power, and then moves over to the table and picks up the wand. It's hand clicks and clacks and breaks down into small dice sized squares of wood, the pieces folding around the wand until it emerges from the back of it's hand, like a bone spur. The wand gives off a spark and some smoke.

"Tik'Klik! Klik Tik tik klick ick klick." The small wooden thing sounds offended, and then the wand ejects from it's hand and bounces on the table. A bit of smoke curls up from it's hand. It then walks back over to the wall and returns to it's statue like stillness.


Male Human Level 3 Investigator

With regard to Tik'klik

Linguistics DC10:

You don't think the ticking and clicking sounds are a languages as much as this creature grumbling and making nonsense emotive noises.

Knowledge Arcana DC10:

This creature seems to be some kind of golem, it's casing is made of wood. You're not sure what type of Golem it is.

Knowledge Arcana DC20:

As previous and you're noticing different parts someone has combined using very different magic using the kind of genius that borders on insanity.

Knowledge Local DC15:

You have heard tell that something matching this creature's description was created by Dominick Revith the golem crafter trying to reverse engineer some ancient design.

With Regard to Thornkeep

Knowledge Local DC10:

The small town of Thornkeep lies only a three miles from the Emerald Spire. It is ruled by Baron Tervin Blackshield who killed the previous Baron to get the position as per a Thornkeep tradition stretching back close to a century. There is peace if not necessarily order as the gangs and guilds that hold sway there vie for influence, none strong enough to depose the current Baron, for now. Bandits come here to sell goods and the merchants don't ask where they got them.

Knowledge Local DC15:

You know that some of the potential rivals to Baron Tervin Blackshield are known as Blades. Ariane Rederfin leader of the Blue Bassilisks mercenaries, Brother Eldrast a Priest of Gorum, Iliara Starcloak leader of the Goldenfire Order (a guild of arcane practitioners), Jaervon Mardesal of the Hunter's Guild, Oreena Hollysong a human Druid and the shadowy leader of the Three Daggers Guild are all commonly regarded as blades, though certainly not all of equal rank


Golem (Wyrwood)
Stat:
HP - 27 | AC/Touch/Flat 14(18)/15/11(15) | Fort/Ref/Wil +0/+4/+5 | CMD 14 | INIT +7
Skills:
Acrobatics +10 | Appraise +9 | Craft (Clockwork) 10 | Craft (Tattoo) 11 | Disable Device +10 | Perception +9 | Spellcraft +12 | Kn (Arcan) +12 | Stealth 9 | UMD +4
Seeker Sage Sorcerer (2)

Kn(Arcana): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28

"Tik'Klik"


Female Human Slayer 1 (HP:12/12, AC18 T16 FF12, Saves F4 R7 W4, Init 6, Perception 6)

Linguistics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
K.Arcana: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
K.Local: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

"The hell are you supposed to be?" Darya observes the golem warily.


Golem (Wyrwood)
Stat:
HP - 27 | AC/Touch/Flat 14(18)/15/11(15) | Fort/Ref/Wil +0/+4/+5 | CMD 14 | INIT +7
Skills:
Acrobatics +10 | Appraise +9 | Craft (Clockwork) 10 | Craft (Tattoo) 11 | Disable Device +10 | Perception +9 | Spellcraft +12 | Kn (Arcan) +12 | Stealth 9 | UMD +4
Seeker Sage Sorcerer (2)

"Tik'klik!" Is the response. The golem takes four steps forward, and it's head begins to spin around and around, eyes glowing lightly. One hand breaks down again and a mace head extends from the arm, to be clamped down by the wooden collar that used to be it's hand. The other hand forms a pair of spinning rings around the other arm, and inside there is a sudden 'buzzzz' of energy as it points the arm at various things in the restaurant.

"Tik!" It points the humming arm at the waiter.

"Tik!" It points the humming arm at Darya (she can see electricity arcing in the arm's interior).

"Tik!" It points to the table.

Then it stops spinning it's head, and the mace retracts up into it's arm, and the humm dies off. The hands reform, and it returns to it's place against the wall.

Spellcraft, DC 10:

The creature cast a Jolt spell, but didn't release it before disipating it.


Male Human. Hunter 3. Hp 28. Init 3. AC 16. Touch 13. FF 13 (+3 armor, +3 Dex, ). Fort 5. Ref 6. Will 3. Perception + 9.

"Wonderful." Barek grunts, straightening up. The large, heavily scarred dog at his side also getting up. "Go to the Emerald spire. Get a token. Come back and get a charter. Sounds so simple when you say it like that."

"Barek Tanner. Hunter and guide." He introduces himself. "Since we only have a month to do this lets make the introductions on the way?"

Sorry for being so late to post, it wasn't showing up as active for me.


Female Elf Witch 3, HP:20/20, AC: 17, FF: 14, Touch: 13, CMB: 0, CMD: 13, Fort: +2, Ref: +4, Will +4, Initiative +9, Perception +7, Stealth +9

On Tik'klik:

Linguistics:: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Knowledge Arcana (max DC 10):: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

On Thornkeep:
Knowledge Local (max DC 10):: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

On Tik'klik's interpretative pointing:
Spellcraft):: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

After keenly looking from person to person, and to the surprising wooden figure, Amadeen pipes up again.

"Pleased to meet you all! I'm good to go when everyone else is. We have a direction and can make plans on the way."

To Barek, looking at the dog and cheerfully enquiring.

"And what's the name for smiley here?"

And she does look intently at the wooden figure.

"You too! Though you don't look like any golem I've seen before and very few know what a Jolt spell is, let alone cast one. Are we going to call you 'Tik'klik' or would you like to speak up?"


Golem (Wyrwood)
Stat:
HP - 27 | AC/Touch/Flat 14(18)/15/11(15) | Fort/Ref/Wil +0/+4/+5 | CMD 14 | INIT +7
Skills:
Acrobatics +10 | Appraise +9 | Craft (Clockwork) 10 | Craft (Tattoo) 11 | Disable Device +10 | Perception +9 | Spellcraft +12 | Kn (Arcan) +12 | Stealth 9 | UMD +4
Seeker Sage Sorcerer (2)

"Tik'Klik!"

The small golem's tone is smug and pleased.


Female Human Slayer 1 (HP:12/12, AC18 T16 FF12, Saves F4 R7 W4, Init 6, Perception 6)

The hunter girl ducks, avoiding the suspicious glowing arm and reaching for her spear in alarm.

"Hey! Whose golem is this? Reign it in before it starts slinging magic or something!"

She sets the weapon back down when the golem retreats, but still keeps an eye on it.

"I don't suppose any of you guys know what's the deal with the golem?"

Because a golem chittering incomprehesively and brandishing weapons in a public venue is not alarming at all.

Edit: Blarg, should've refreshed page again. This post really should go before Amadeen's.


Golem (Wyrwood)
Stat:
HP - 27 | AC/Touch/Flat 14(18)/15/11(15) | Fort/Ref/Wil +0/+4/+5 | CMD 14 | INIT +7
Skills:
Acrobatics +10 | Appraise +9 | Craft (Clockwork) 10 | Craft (Tattoo) 11 | Disable Device +10 | Perception +9 | Spellcraft +12 | Kn (Arcan) +12 | Stealth 9 | UMD +4
Seeker Sage Sorcerer (2)

Complete lack of knowledge about humans and human society. :)


Male Human Level 3 Investigator

As the group begin to discuss details of the journey ahead it seems the little golem has take a shine to them... or been assigned to them, it's rather hard to tell currently but it isn't slowing ye down.

I don't think there's much reason to stick around Restov right now. Feel free to RP on the journey or poke me with questions.

So ye are aware of the journey ahead to the Emerald Spire.

It's currently the afternoon of Oathday the 6th of Gozran 4317AR. It's Thursday the 6th of April.

You'll be heading east for the Emerald Spire. If ye leave now ye could be in Thornkeep before nightfall in three days (Ye will leave Brevoy lands the next day), or avoid going into the town of Thornkeep if you so wish but you'll be using that road for most of the way for speed, you can go cross country but it would take far more time.

From Thornkeep it's three miles but there's no road only a small path so your progress will slow, you expect about three hours.


Golem (Wyrwood)
Stat:
HP - 27 | AC/Touch/Flat 14(18)/15/11(15) | Fort/Ref/Wil +0/+4/+5 | CMD 14 | INIT +7
Skills:
Acrobatics +10 | Appraise +9 | Craft (Clockwork) 10 | Craft (Tattoo) 11 | Disable Device +10 | Perception +9 | Spellcraft +12 | Kn (Arcan) +12 | Stealth 9 | UMD +4
Seeker Sage Sorcerer (2)

Once the group begins to leave, Tik'Klik approaches Amadeen, and extrudes a scroll from it's hand and hands it to her with a jaunty "Tik'Klik!"

The scroll reads :

This golem unit is... unique. We are not sure who attempted to repair it, but it was originally a unique Revith model built several hundred years ago by Dominick Revith, one of the Revith Clan's best designers. It has been assigned as equipment for the next group to attempt to obtain a charter. It was originally designed as a Templar Scout golem. It seems that it's recently 'repairs' have altered it's core abilities in some odd way. It's full capabilities are unknown, but a Dominick Revith Golem, even repaired by unknown parties, should be of use on your mission.

The signature on the scroll indicates it was written by the same person that gathered the group together.

The small golem follows the group, making the occasional tick or click sound.


Female Human Slayer 1 (HP:12/12, AC18 T16 FF12, Saves F4 R7 W4, Init 6, Perception 6)

Are there roadside inns on the way to Thornkeep?


Male Human Level 3 Investigator

There are but they become more sparse and generally less comfortable as you go. One you could stay in at the end of the first night is.

The Shipwright's Tavern has a short pier beside it as it stands beside a bridge over a small river.

Would you like to enter and if so what would you like to do in there? Or are you just generally interested in staying indoors at night.


Female Human Slayer 1 (HP:12/12, AC18 T16 FF12, Saves F4 R7 W4, Init 6, Perception 6)

Striding at the front of their little procession as they travel, Darya keeps prompting her new companions for tales of their travels, having not left her home before other than for hunting and occasional trip to the fair. As the end of the first day approaches, she turns around.

"By the way, do you guys want to camp out or look for an inn? I think there should be one not far off now, but I'm not sure I'd like to stay in. The rooms cost arm and leg, and piling down in the main hall is hardly any better than sleeping outdoors when the weather is decent."

For now, it was common knowledge relevant for conversation. Determine what kind of travelling expenses we mark off the sheets for these 3 days, socialize a bit, maybe get an event or two.

Also, how will perception be used? Do we run on passive senses (taking 10, 16 in my case), are we getting a prompt to roll whenever something notable enters the range of our senses, or will you be rolling that on GM side?


Male Human Level 3 Investigator

When appropriate I'll either ask for a roll or roll for ye but don't be afraid to state you're keeping your eyes peeled for something or in general being wary. As fairly standard traps, ambushes, secret doors you don't automatically get a roll for that kind of thing unless you states you were looking for it. Other stuff yeah you'll often get a prompt for.


Female Human Slayer 1 (HP:12/12, AC18 T16 FF12, Saves F4 R7 W4, Init 6, Perception 6)
Kevin O'Rourke 440 wrote:
When appropriate I'll either ask for a roll or roll for ye but don't be afraid to state you're keeping your eyes peeled for something or in general being wary. As fairly standard traps, ambushes, secret doors you don't automatically get a roll for that kind of thing unless you states you were looking for it. Other stuff yeah you'll often get a prompt for.

So, can I actually say that whenever I'm being alert, I'm minding my surroundings at Perception 16, or will I have to reroll every scene where it feels warranted?


Male Human Level 3 Investigator
Darya Lesovich wrote:


So, can I actually say that whenever I'm being alert, I'm minding my surroundings at Perception 16, or will I have to reroll every scene where it feels warranted?

You can take ten effectively for the passive, I've no issue with that but you can roll if you want.


Male Halfling Monk 2, Hp 25/25 Fort+5, Ref+7, Will+6, AC16(17),CMD 13, CMB+4 Flurry +1/+1

Jorin taps his chin thoughtfully with his fan considering the options. "Well it will be some time before we have the opportunity to relax in safe surroundings again, maybe we should stay indoors. We could discuss specific strategy for the task at hand. Formation and combat priorities for instance. finding out in the middle of a crisis that a particular area is lacking is not a learning curve you can stay on

I think we should set down some roles we're comfortable with doing in this dungeon, trapfinder, tank, combat healer for instance.


Male Human. Hunter 3. Hp 28. Init 3. AC 16. Touch 13. FF 13 (+3 armor, +3 Dex, ). Fort 5. Ref 6. Will 3. Perception + 9.

Having introduced his dog to you all as 'Mong', Barek rides along easily, using the advantage of his horseback position to keep an eye out for problems.

Mong lopes along, every now and then moving away from the party and scenting the wind, he also introduces himself to the party, coming over to get each persons scent. "If'n he begs for food ignore him." Barek remarks. "He's a moocher."

When the discussion turns to where the party will rest Barek nods in agreement with Jorin. "Good idea to get that worked out before we run into some trouble."

Anyone else have a horse? If not then Barek will offer a ride to those who move slower.

Combat wise Barek prefers to shoot from range, but can handle melee. He has a CLW loaded as well.


Female Human Slayer 1 (HP:12/12, AC18 T16 FF12, Saves F4 R7 W4, Init 6, Perception 6)

I got a horse, but I'm just having it haul my stuff for now, since the others are walking. But yeah, Jorin should totally ride one due to 20 ft base speed.


Golem (Wyrwood)
Stat:
HP - 27 | AC/Touch/Flat 14(18)/15/11(15) | Fort/Ref/Wil +0/+4/+5 | CMD 14 | INIT +7
Skills:
Acrobatics +10 | Appraise +9 | Craft (Clockwork) 10 | Craft (Tattoo) 11 | Disable Device +10 | Perception +9 | Spellcraft +12 | Kn (Arcan) +12 | Stealth 9 | UMD +4
Seeker Sage Sorcerer (2)

While short, the small golem's legs move with an alacrity that would be alarming in a meat body, easily keeping up with the longer legged humans while walking.

When discussion moves to party duties, the golem's hands click back to form cuffs that spin and rotate, and the arms humm. As the cuff on the right arm spins in precise motions, a bolt of electricity flies out of the end of the arm and slams into a rock 30 ft off the pathway, sizzling and burning the lichen on it.

"Tik'Klik!"

Then the cuffs break apart and reform into hands. The small golem's left hand then shifts and splits and reforms, and small tools extrude from the fingertips.

"Tik'Klik! Tik Kik Ick Lik, Lik, Tik Lik, liiik, liiik, liiioook, loook, lok, tik lok, Tik Tok, Tok, Lok, Tik Lok!"


Female Elf Witch 3, HP:20/20, AC: 17, FF: 14, Touch: 13, CMB: 0, CMD: 13, Fort: +2, Ref: +4, Will +4, Initiative +9, Perception +7, Stealth +9

In reply to the golem, "Tik'Klik it is then! And hello there Mong!" And then reads out the provided scroll.

Before Amadeen leaves the first meeting place, she grabs a well-crafted satchel, opens it, and waits a moment. A greenback scorpion rises from it as she drops in a piece of crushed insect.

"That's Kailu. I learned a few tricks from watching him, he's a sneaky one. Aren't you just?" As she strokes the scorpion which seems to appreciate the affection. She does not tarry though, and seals up the satchel as she rises from her seat.

*****************************

On the road, Amadeen's backpack is clearly heavy for her frame but she say nothing about it.

"Let's stay in the Tavern tonight. We'll be on rough stone soon enough.

"I'm pretty good at spotting enemies before they spot me, and even better at hiding from them if I can't run or talk my way out. My mentor drilled me to 'strike first, strike last' and I always keep that in mind."

"So what I like to do is get into concealment, put up mage armour, and give the choicest goon the evil eye. I can keep doing that, piling on trouble for them, until the first evil eye starts to fade. Then I can top it up with a cackle and draw down misfortune or spells on their head, cackling to keep up the hexes and to freak out the foes."

"If ye can keep them off me, I'll keep softening them up so you can drive them off or stick them. And I can stabilise one of ye at range if needs be and sing a bit if that helps. I'll need a good night's rest and a chat with Kailu if ye want spells, but I can hex all day long. And have daggers if things get up close and rough."

With those last words, she flicks her right hand and a spring-loaded device puts a cold iron dagger in her grasp. She has both an alchemical silver dagger and a sling on her hip.

Amadeen's main gig is a ranged debuffer, especially at early levels. Weakening enemies by piling on hexes, spells, and intimidation.

She can prepare fewer spells than say a wizard of the same level, but her hexes are supernatural at-will abilities that don't require much even in the way of movement. Cackle's main purpose is to extend hexes like Evil Eye and Misfortune, and for rp purposes intimidation too.

Evil Eye puts a -2 on different stats (e.g. will save, AC, AB) and can be used multiple times on a single enemy. Misfortune forces an affected enemy to roll twice for things like attack and save rolls and take the worst. That should help to cripple dangerous enemies.

She has a single Stabilise cantrip memorised, and can memorise CLW if needs be. But with two 1st level spells a day even after Intelligence I'm inclined to leave that to mornings where she knows she needs to patch up people.

Edit:
Amadeen currently has Mage Armour and Ill Omen memorised. The latter allows no save and forces an enemy to roll twice for their next D20 roll. If one of ye needs an edge to get a spell or ability to affect an enemy, or for them to fumble their next attack, it's really handy.


Female Human Slayer 1 (HP:12/12, AC18 T16 FF12, Saves F4 R7 W4, Init 6, Perception 6)

"You can load it up on my horse for now, since we're walking," Darya motions at Amadeen's pack upon noticing her discomfort and offers to help.

On the phone, further response later today.


Female Elf Witch 3, HP:20/20, AC: 17, FF: 14, Touch: 13, CMB: 0, CMD: 13, Fort: +2, Ref: +4, Will +4, Initiative +9, Perception +7, Stealth +9

"Cheers!"

Amadeen takes off the pack and helps affix it. She is feeling some relief.

"I keep some handy bits and pieces in there but usually take it off before combat if I get the chance."


Male Halfling Monk 2, Hp 25/25 Fort+5, Ref+7, Will+6, AC16(17),CMD 13, CMB+4 Flurry +1/+1

"Distraction and stealth? We'll get along famously. I'm good at both but not in the same way. I'll be useful for skirting around and engaging soft targets, spellslingers and archers and such, but I'm happy to aid in melee. I can certainly assist in ambushing. Once I get some nets I'll be able to tie down and up some foes.

Doubling up with Amadeen seems like the obvious choice. We should be able to shut someone down between Hex and Entangle and ambush any groups we spot first. As for formation I can be a right behind a tank and if we need it step up and help out in melee combat by flanking. A hexed, entangled and flanked enemy even if they are a boss should make it easier to deal with. I have point blank and precise shot and some traits that mean even if I run out of throwing weapons I can just pick up and throw something else just as well(better even at under 10' )


Golem (Wyrwood)
Stat:
HP - 27 | AC/Touch/Flat 14(18)/15/11(15) | Fort/Ref/Wil +0/+4/+5 | CMD 14 | INIT +7
Skills:
Acrobatics +10 | Appraise +9 | Craft (Clockwork) 10 | Craft (Tattoo) 11 | Disable Device +10 | Perception +9 | Spellcraft +12 | Kn (Arcan) +12 | Stealth 9 | UMD +4
Seeker Sage Sorcerer (2)

"Tik'Klik!"

The golem slows in it's steps, and it's hand breaks down into a cuff that spins around it's arm in precise motions. Then a violet energy field springs up around the Golem.

"Tik'Klik!"

Cast Mage Armor

Tik's more of a sneaky thief type with ranged attack options via spells. Good news is, he doesn't eat, sleep, or sweat (so need for baths!).


Female Human Slayer 1 (HP:12/12, AC18 T16 FF12, Saves F4 R7 W4, Init 6, Perception 6)

"Me, I'm a hunter. Trek across the wilderness, track the target, sneak up on it. Then it's either spear or bow, depending on what I'm facing. I'm not bad at fighting face to face, I think, but I rather prefer to do that once the mark's been wounded and is bleeding out." Darya adds her part to the impromptu skillset discussion.


Female Elf Witch 3, HP:20/20, AC: 17, FF: 14, Touch: 13, CMB: 0, CMD: 13, Fort: +2, Ref: +4, Will +4, Initiative +9, Perception +7, Stealth +9

"It sounds like we all have the good sense to move quietly and hide, to get the jump on enemies and to start from range. That's great!"

How about this for a rule of thumb? Between one of us, we'll surely spot enemies coming. We all then hide. The first thing those enemies know, they're getting a face full of arrows, bolts, magic, and rocks! If one of them gets close Barek and Darya can hold them, myself and Tik'Klik keep back, and Jorin attacking from wherever suits."

"How does that sound?"


Golem (Wyrwood)
Stat:
HP - 27 | AC/Touch/Flat 14(18)/15/11(15) | Fort/Ref/Wil +0/+4/+5 | CMD 14 | INIT +7
Skills:
Acrobatics +10 | Appraise +9 | Craft (Clockwork) 10 | Craft (Tattoo) 11 | Disable Device +10 | Perception +9 | Spellcraft +12 | Kn (Arcan) +12 | Stealth 9 | UMD +4
Seeker Sage Sorcerer (2)

"Tik'Klik."


Male Human. Hunter 3. Hp 28. Init 3. AC 16. Touch 13. FF 13 (+3 armor, +3 Dex, ). Fort 5. Ref 6. Will 3. Perception + 9.

"That sounds workable." Barek agrees, shooing Mong away from where he's been sniffing Tik'kliks leg curiously.


Male Halfling Monk 2, Hp 25/25 Fort+5, Ref+7, Will+6, AC16(17),CMD 13, CMB+4 Flurry +1/+1

"I can work with that, I'll keep moving during combat to gain a position advantage and attack from behind where possible"
Jorin taps his fan against the palm of his other hand as he thinks. "Does anyone know what to expect in this spire? I must admit even though I knew of the name I know very little of the actual" he gestures with the fan in the direction of travel as if pointing at it "dangers that seem to encompass its reputation"


Golem (Wyrwood)
Stat:
HP - 27 | AC/Touch/Flat 14(18)/15/11(15) | Fort/Ref/Wil +0/+4/+5 | CMD 14 | INIT +7
Skills:
Acrobatics +10 | Appraise +9 | Craft (Clockwork) 10 | Craft (Tattoo) 11 | Disable Device +10 | Perception +9 | Spellcraft +12 | Kn (Arcan) +12 | Stealth 9 | UMD +4
Seeker Sage Sorcerer (2)

"Tik'Klik."

When no one is looking, Tik'Klik's hand unfolds, and a few bits of jerky taken from the table at the restaurant fall out on the ground for Mong.


Male Human. Hunter 3. Hp 28. Init 3. AC 16. Touch 13. FF 13 (+3 armor, +3 Dex, ). Fort 5. Ref 6. Will 3. Perception + 9.

"Never heard of this Emerald spire." Barek shrugs. I grew up around my families tannery. When I couldn't take the smell anymore I moved onto supplying the hides. Spend as much time out in the wilds as I could. Nice an quiet out there, not much gossip though."

He gives a suspicious look to Mong, who seems to be chewing something happily?


Female Human Slayer 1 (HP:12/12, AC18 T16 FF12, Saves F4 R7 W4, Init 6, Perception 6)

"The tavern talk goes that it's huge, never been fully explored and you're about as likely to end up dead as a doornail as to strike it rich in there. No idea how true that is, but that's about all I've heard," Darya shrugs.


Female Elf Witch 3, HP:20/20, AC: 17, FF: 14, Touch: 13, CMB: 0, CMD: 13, Fort: +2, Ref: +4, Will +4, Initiative +9, Perception +7, Stealth +9

"The ruins are old Azlant Empire and there's stories that the dungeon opens up into the Darklands. So who knows what kind of horrors might have crept up into the place? We will and soon!"

"There might be word in the taverns on the way, and surely in Thornkeep as it's right next to the place."


Male Human Level 3 Investigator

The Shipwrights Tavern has a decent range of food and ale but as far as rooms go it's definitely more tavern than inn, and the only choice is the common room floor.


Female Elf Witch 3, HP:20/20, AC: 17, FF: 14, Touch: 13, CMB: 0, CMD: 13, Fort: +2, Ref: +4, Will +4, Initiative +9, Perception +7, Stealth +9

Yeah, sounds like slim pickings here. I for one am happy to wait til Thornkeep to do serious enquiries.


Golem (Wyrwood)
Stat:
HP - 27 | AC/Touch/Flat 14(18)/15/11(15) | Fort/Ref/Wil +0/+4/+5 | CMD 14 | INIT +7
Skills:
Acrobatics +10 | Appraise +9 | Craft (Clockwork) 10 | Craft (Tattoo) 11 | Disable Device +10 | Perception +9 | Spellcraft +12 | Kn (Arcan) +12 | Stealth 9 | UMD +4
Seeker Sage Sorcerer (2)

"Tik'Klik."

Tik'Klik will wait outside, near the animals. The tavern seems geared for organics.

When no one is around, he will poke through the garbage with a wooden rod and extract any scraps suitable for dogs or horses and store them away for tomorrow.


Female Human Slayer 1 (HP:12/12, AC18 T16 FF12, Saves F4 R7 W4, Init 6, Perception 6)

"Find us a spot, will ya? Gotta take care of the horse," Darya calls out, leading her mount to the stable after retrieving their packs.

Is there anyone of note at the inn or just the unremarkable crowd?


Male Human. Hunter 3. Hp 28. Init 3. AC 16. Touch 13. FF 13 (+3 armor, +3 Dex, ). Fort 5. Ref 6. Will 3. Perception + 9.

Barek joins Darya in getting his horse stabled, once they move inside he looks around and doesn't look impressed. "I think sleeping outside is looking better an better."

If they have roast chicken he'll order that, along with a good ale to go with it.

He also says quietly to the group. "If anyone's short on coin I can can cover you until we make some."


Male Human Level 3 Investigator

The crowd at the inn are fairly unremarkable. There's a few merchants and other travellers but no one that really sticks out. People are worried about bandits to the west and centaurs to the south. Apparently the Lord Mayor of Restov have some complicated plan to clear out the lot!


Female Elf Witch 3, HP:20/20, AC: 17, FF: 14, Touch: 13, CMB: 0, CMD: 13, Fort: +2, Ref: +4, Will +4, Initiative +9, Perception +7, Stealth +9

Amadeen will take a quick look around to see what meal people are enjoying the most. That's usually a good sign of a local speciality and she'll order that.

Kailu doesn't eat much so he'll stick around in the familiar satchel.

1 to 50 of 1,484 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Emerald Kingdom All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.