Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Elven team in Campaign Elves vs Dwarves -- Dwarves and Gnomes Keep Out (Inactive)

Game Master Chainmail

An old school homebrew campaign for a party of Elves. They will interact with a party of dwarves on an increasing basis.
Current map


2,701 to 2,750 of 3,750 << first < prev | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | next > last >>

M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

We should go on a quest to find the remaining clues.


f Elf bard/4. Init +2/Low-Light Vision/Perception +11/ AC16, T12: FF14/

I think it is house 4 the elf has the frog. I have put my thing up on the bottom of your document Thalas. Please check it guys, as I said I am not good at logic puzzles, my immediate reaction was it would be the house furthest away from the things that eat frogs lol. but I worked through the clues and got this.


Per +5, Low-Light Vision | HP 33/33 | AC 20, Touch 11, Flat 19 | F +4, R +2, W +10

Looks right to me! I followed through and got the same result. It looks confusing at first, but once one assignment is made it's like dominos - everything falls into place. Good job, Elorin!!


f Elf bard/4. Init +2/Low-Light Vision/Perception +11/ AC16, T12: FF14/

"I Would like to take the Mental Challenge with you Seltyn. Two heads a better than one hey. Besides if we get it wrong Two or more may fair better." She smiles and begins reading the clues out aloud to herself. "If we get it right we get a necklace, if we get it wrong we get a magic duel that no one has yet returned from. 1 in 5 five chance, we have had worse odds."

She sits down where she can and begins to think the clues through. She will join Seltyn and any who want to take the challenge, in a discussion.

If they wish to think it through alone then so will she and she will come to conclusion she has (house 4, the elf) and share it with Seltyn and anyone who takes the challenge, when they are ready.


f Elf bard/4. Init +2/Low-Light Vision/Perception +11/ AC16, T12: FF14/

You to Thalas. Thank you.


Stats:
Wood Elf Paladin lvl 4 Init +1; Low-Light Vision; Per +5; HP: 39/39 (healthy)
Saves & AC:
Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +8; AC 21, T 12, FF 20

Wilaml turns from the physical challenge, intent on joining those who are attempting the mental challenge. "Forgive me Elder, I will attempt the Physical challenge once this is settled, I wouldn't want them going alone and if we face an angry wizard then what better then to have a sword to engage them with." Wil didn't know if he would last long enough to engage a powerful wizard but at least he would make an extra target and annoy them with his ability to heal himself on the fly.

Count me in! Clues look good to me! :)


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

I had to leave and take care of some stuff. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! Good job, Elorin! Let's roll with that.


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

Frankly, I have no idea how that can be right or wrong, but I don't know what to infer from the puzzle. Luckily, you guys seem to have done this sort of thing before, so let's go with it.

We're ready to make our best guess, Elder. Show us what to do to complete the task.


Per +5, Low-Light Vision | HP 33/33 | AC 20, Touch 11, Flat 19 | F +4, R +2, W +10
Seltyn Sevenleaf wrote:
Frankly, I have no idea how that can be right or wrong, but I don't know what to infer from the puzzle. Luckily, you guys seem to have done this sort of thing before, so let's go with it.

So much for being a Highly Regarded Expert...!


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15
Thalas Lebarath wrote:
Seltyn Sevenleaf wrote:
Frankly, I have no idea how that can be right or wrong, but I don't know what to infer from the puzzle. Luckily, you guys seem to have done this sort of thing before, so let's go with it.
So much for being a Highly Regarded Expert...!

That name's a joke. How do you figure all that out so certainly from so little info? Is there a trick? I haven't done that sort of thing since I took the GRE.


f Elf bard/4. Init +2/Low-Light Vision/Perception +11/ AC16, T12: FF14/

"Yes we are ready." Elorin said with great confidence in her voice, even though the sentences: 'What if I got it wrong? I do not want to be responsible for letting everyone down.' were going through her head.

She stepped up next to Seltyn and stood tall. It reminded her of been stood on the docks with everyone when they first met the humans.


The elder return with a small painting with five small houses. The frame is etched with many runes. He hands you a black key and tells the holder of the key to touch the appropriate house with the black key. Anyone holding on to the keyholder will go along too.

The physical challenge in the high winds involves hopping from disk to disk to cross the bridge over the water below. The challenge involves acrobatics. Halfway across mist monsters may appear to fight the challengee.


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

Elorin, you figured it out before I did. On top of that, you're our only hope to charm our way out of certain death if we're wrong. Take the key and turn on the charm. Thalas and I will go with you.

There's no need to risk the entire party. They have other risks to take.

He looks at the others. If we're not back soon, go on without us. Trust in our bond and in our people. We may fail, but elvenkind will not.


Male Elf Ranger 4

Be careful. All of you.

Talon smiles at the group. It was so fatalistic, the idea that they could screw this one up. Elorin and Seltyn were some of the finest minds they had, especially coupled with Thalas' wisdom. He was sure they would be fine.

Turning back to the physical task ahead, he scans the test area, trying to work out the best route, and what equipment to keep on his and what to leave behind for the moment.


Per +5, Low-Light Vision | HP 33/33 | AC 20, Touch 11, Flat 19 | F +4, R +2, W +10

Can we do it the next day? All my spell slots are filled with Comprehend Languages and Lesser Restoration!!


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

OK with me. I could use another list too.


The monks produce some four man tents and direct you to a sheltered cave in the side of the hill for visitors.

"It appears the witches are sending a party into the painting tonight. I will let you know if they come back."


Per +5, Low-Light Vision | HP 33/33 | AC 20, Touch 11, Flat 19 | F +4, R +2, W +10

"A moment, Master Bopart," Thalas calls out to the monk.

Turning to his friends, "The Black Citadel is going through later tonight. We have our chance to go now, before them. I concur with Elorin that House Four is the correct choice that will not provoke a deadly fight. While I mistrust making such a decision in haste, I fear even more what should happen if we let the Black Citadel gain such an advantage. I will go through to the house and recover the artifact contained within and claim the ship as our rightful prize. Another factor to consider is that we dare not lose the prize and have the Wood Elfs accuse us of squandering their hard-fought knowledge and effort to overcome the Physical Contest. No, my friends, I believe I must act now. Elorin, you are too important to the cause should we be proven wrong - and since you are right, anyways," he smiles at her, "your presence would not be necessary. If we are wrong, it is better to be sure of losing one than risk losing us all. Let me do this, now, for you who have given me much this past month."

Thalas leaves the group without allowing for argument and strides toward the head monk holding the painting and key.

"Your pardon, sir," he says before hastily grabbing them out of the monk's hands and pressing the black key on the fourth house of the painting.

Note that anyone touching him will still go through, so those that want can still go through by, for example, trying to restrain him. I know it's rude to remove player choice like that, but this business with the Black Citadel and with such mystery surrounding it and their motives has Thalas very much agitated... to say nothing of having come out of their previous conflict with them with the soiled end of the stick.


f Elf bard/4. Init +2/Low-Light Vision/Perception +11/ AC16, T12: FF14/

I was looking forward to picking up the necklace lol but it is ok. You were acting as your character would. So long as it's not meant personal against me as a player, then me the player the is ok with what you did.

A little taken aback by Thalas's brashness. Something she had not come across before. It took her a moment to realize what he was doing. "wait..." she said, too late, as he pressed the key against the door. 'If he makes out alive I will kill him for that' She thought to herself for a brief moment before stepping forward to wait anxiously to see what happens.


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

Let him go, Seltyn says. If we're right, he'll return unharmed. If we're wrong, we only lose one elf, not 2 or 3.


Stats:
Wood Elf Paladin lvl 4 Init +1; Low-Light Vision; Per +5; HP: 39/39 (healthy)
Saves & AC:
Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +8; AC 21, T 12, FF 20

Wil's eye snapped over to Seltyn, he knew leaders had to make hard decision's but some words were best left unsaid. He reigned in his temper when he saw the look on Elorin's face, at least someone agreed with him. "We should remind him if he's going to be reckless he should have at least brought a bottle of wine and a game board. As I would think being cooped up in a painting would be dreadfully boring and company would be a welcomed sight."

He bowed deeply to their Wood Elf allies, especially the War Leader who had made this all possible. "Without your aid we wouldn't have been able to do this so quickly, thank you my friends. Forgive me but I believe we still have one more challenge to take on yet."

He turned and nodded to his allies, mainly Suny and Azlain. "So shall we hazard this challenge today? I would oh so love to show the Black Citadel the strength of the Elven Nation when we put aside our differences and band together."

I don't know how well of a jumper that Elorin is, so chime in if you want! Because I know Wil isn't the greatest physical type, more average then anything else. ^^;


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

Seltyn notices Wil's dislike of his strategy. He casts Message, only including Wil in the spell. He doesn't care that other elves see it. He waits to speak until Wil is not engaged talking to others.

Spoiler:
Wil, I understand your devotion to the cause. I understand you questioning my choices, and you should.

But remember, elves can live a millennium or longer, and our eldest are long gone. We've lost their wisdom, and we are not fecund, like humans or orcs.

An elf's life can continue long after his human allies are gone. Their world changes much faster than ours, and they can breed faster. We don't have that luxury.

We have an answer to the puzzle before us, right or wrong. More elves in the painting simply exposes us to more risk. Pardon my bluntness, but I've seen too many die already. I won't let the many risk death, if we can only risk one for the same result. Thalas will either win or lose. We don't need to go with him.

He'll die if we're wrong, or return if we're right. One elf can do this. More elves can't save him if we're wrong. They'd just die with him.


Thalas:
Thalas finds himself in a comfortable cottage with a fire burning. An aged elf with extremely fine and delicate features seems surprised at his appearance as he sits in a chair by the fire with a fur comforter over his legs. As Thalas appears he nods to his frog familiar on the stone hearth. "It is a pleasure to meet you. My colleagues wouldn't say the same. I am glad to see an elf and a scholar appear. I thought I might meet an impolite goblin or dark elf when the day arrived."
The old elf motions to a box on the table. "Now that you have the necklace, I am free of my duties here."
The old man explains the necklace, besides being a radiant sunburst of gold, confers the gifts of language on the wielder.
+2 Intelligence, grants one level of linguistics per level of the wearer that can stack with levels normally chosen for linguistics (level 4 character can have 8 ranks in linguistics). First two languages granted are Elothean and Thassilonian, the rest may be chosen normally.

Thalas returns after a short visit. Later that night the witches visit cottage number 1d5 ⇒ 5 and are not heard from again.

Master Bopart and the elven war chief are quite impressed. Master Bopart speaks, "The wood elves have already passed the physical challenge, they have no need to repeat it. In the high winds it would be quite difficult. Maybe if the winds shift, it would be easier to attempt."


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

Seltyn speaks to Wil again with the spell.

Spoiler:
See? We were right. Good. If we were wrong, he and anyone with him would never return alive. He was wise to do what he did.

He then runs forward and embraces the cleric.

Good work, my friend! You've done a great thing for all of us!


f Elf bard/4. Init +2/Low-Light Vision/Perception +11/ AC16, T12: FF14/

The anger she had felt quickly turned to relief when she saw Thalas alive. 'phew we got the right door.'

Elorin slowly walks up to Thalas looking mad, she walks with slow anger. Looking him in the eye and speaking in a stern voice "That was completely reckless, brash and quite frankly....wonderful."She breaks in to a smile at the end as she cant hold in the small laughter. She wraps her arms around Thalas hugging him tightly. "You did wonderful. I am glad you are back.. She smiles and lets him go.

Also she is *absolutely not looking at the necklace with the 'oh shiny pretty and useful my three favorite things' expression on her face.(*she is)lol"


The war chief explains to Wil,
"A joint venture makes some sense, but after the elven nation not even allowing us what is ours, it would be difficult to see them being reasonable in a cooperative venture."


Currently 'Sickened':
HP: 22/22, AC: 17(Max 21(T13,FF14), DR: 1(Water Based Critters), F:+4, R:+7, W:+2, Perc: +6, Init: +3.

Suny joins in the hugging enthusiastically,

"Welcome back, congratulations on your success." (^_^)


Per +5, Low-Light Vision | HP 33/33 | AC 20, Touch 11, Flat 19 | F +4, R +2, W +10

Beset by his friends upon returning, Thalas is surprised at the emotion of most of them.

"As much as I might have liked to be prepared for any eventuality, I trusted Elorin's solution to the riddle. With the Black Citadel now stalking out footsteps, I felt it necessary to act decisively. I apologize for the... rashness, of this decision," he smiled at Elorin, "but have this to present to you."

With that, he pulls out the necklace and presents it to Elorin. "Your prize, Priestess, as the one who solved the riddle," he began before explaining the effects it grants to its wearer.


Stats:
Wood Elf Paladin lvl 4 Init +1; Low-Light Vision; Per +5; HP: 39/39 (healthy)
Saves & AC:
Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +8; AC 21, T 12, FF 20

Wil unused to this type of magic responds, his face showing his annoyance but never uttering a word as he looks at Seltyn.

Message:

"I don't question your strategy, if our wisest and second oldest member wishes to throw himself away thats fine. His choice, not mine. Your first mistake was not thanking our Wood Elf cousin's for ten years of their hard earned knowledge. Second, sending in a man who is useful is ignorance but at least this time it didn't end in the death of a skilled man over a more expendable subordinate. The biggest mistake was doubting your own strategy OUT LOUD. Losing a life is worse enough, sending a man in when you have doubts is fine when you don't voice it and make those under your command doubt your ability to lead. That is the hardest part of leadership Seltyn, is showing certainty and resolve, while never showing those under your command that you have any doubts at all."

"I'm a hard ass for a reason Seltyn and I don't seek command of this group. I will support your decisions as long as you show confidence in the decision, whether real or not."

Seltyn Personal:

I think your doing a good job to be honest and if your character did thank them and you forgot to post that then please ignore part of Wil's statement. But quite frankly NO one thanked the Wood Elves for their help accept for Wil.

Other then that Seltyn is doing okay and I can understand its a lot harder to reign in players to do what needs to be done as we all think on the fly and when a single battle takes a week... Well people get busy, forgetful and things can fall apart. ^^'

But the above is just me in character, he just wants Seltyn to be more confident in his choices. As he said it wasn't his strategy it was the words he said after that angered Wil. In another campaign we follow a guy who's a police captain in real life and he makes a hell of leader because of it. Especially in some encounters where we won by the skin of our teeth while following him into the breach. xD

Anyway, keep up the good roleplay bud and please don't take offense! :(

When Thalas emerged Wil looked relieved and tucked his journal back into his pack. No need for scribing in it today...


f Elf bard/4. Init +2/Low-Light Vision/Perception +11/ AC16, T12: FF14/

Elorin lets go of Thalas and composes herself.

Looking at he necklace she speaks to everyone, including the wood elves."Thank you Thalas, it is beautiful. This was a effort as a team. We would not have all the clues were it not for the wood elves. We would not have an idea of which door without Seltyn, Thalas and myself. Also we woudl not have the item itself if not for Thalas actions.

She pauses for a moment then continues. "So as we won it as a team. We need to decide who can make use of this wonderful gift the most of us ALL? It has been such an honor to work with yourselves." She says talking tot he wood elves. "I hope this is a sign of what can happen when we decide on a strong future together. Even on small scale we all can benefit and be stronger together than we ever where working apart. So this choice is available to us all. Who can make the most use of this, well won item?"


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

Wil:
I just assume that we've all been talking to the wood elves the whole time. Typing every word of that just seems tedious. Seltyn didn't tell Thalas what to do, he just did it and it worked.

I've been in leadership positions IRL, and my experience is that it works best to explain your reasoning and include others in the process insofar as you can. Of course, I'm not a cop or soldier, so the military style of shut-up-and-don't-ask-questions doesn't apply, and ex-military types who expect that sort of blind obedience don't do so well in my experience.

In this game, everybody does what they want, and Seltyn is more a cat herder than anything else. I'm cool with it.

For example, had everybody done what Seltyn said in the aboleth encounter, we'd have done better. What did they do? The exact opposite. Oh, well.


Per +5, Low-Light Vision | HP 33/33 | AC 20, Touch 11, Flat 19 | F +4, R +2, W +10

As Elorin essentially offers up the necklace to whomsoever desired it most, Thalas ponders the nature of the Wood Elf's complaint regarding the Caduceus and the aid the Wood Elfs have provided them since being ship-wrecked.

"Elorin, may I have a word with you?" Assuming she agrees,

Elorin:
Whispering in her ear, Thalas shares his thought for how an alliance with the Wood Elfs may be obtained.

"What if we let the Wood Elfs take the ship now that the Challenges have been solved? They have no use for it themselves, but it would provide them an immense bargaining position in negotiating the return of the Caduceus. We owe them a tremendous debt for their aid in healing us, restoring you to life, guiding us here, the final clue to the riddle, and overcoming the Physical Challenge as well. Because of this, I would judge their claim to the ship to be stronger than ours in any event. Your thoughts?"


Stats:
Wood Elf Paladin lvl 4 Init +1; Low-Light Vision; Per +5; HP: 39/39 (healthy)
Saves & AC:
Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +8; AC 21, T 12, FF 20

Seltyn:

That's fine as I said i'm just that type of roleplayer. I understand some things are tedious but I don't know how chainmail does it as well. If whether he tracks who says or does what in certain ways. Know what I mean. I know that I am that type of player, hence why I added that note.

Also not to be rude but the aboleth encounter was a complete mess and their was more then one conflicting order given. Not even gonna touch that...

Also I should have clarified that the leader in our party doesn't ask for blind obedience only that when he presents a strategy, he looks for input and unless something major happens to wreck our strategy. We tend to stick to it hard and fast because he's that type of player and we are that type of team. Like I was saying your doing fine in my opinion. But for the most part he hasn't steered us wrong which neither has Seltyn.

The Only thing that got Wil's going was this. Let him go, Seltyn says. If we're right, he'll return unharmed. If we're wrong, we only lose one elf, not 2 or 3.

Wil understands that sometimes you have to send people into perilous situations, that's a point of leadership. But to him you don't want to look for failure before it actually happens, granted your guys sheet looked fantastic and it took me a good hour of looking at it to understand the clues. I am not a logic thinker in that regard. ^^;

But to voice your doubts to him means Thalas shouldn't have gone at all. He just wants Seltyn to inspire confidence with his decisions and not instill doubt until there is reason to rethink our plans. With my job on the slope for example, I am an SME and so when we are doing a job where I am the Lead people do it the way I ask or else they're detrimental to the project. Granted in all processes their is room for leeway, but where the oilfield is involved not as much as you think.

As I said before I am not trying to offend in any way and if I have I won't speak up again and will work to change the way I play as I have been trying to these past couple of months. I am always up for constructive criticism and will offer it in return, so long as it doesn't offend.

Bottom Line- Your doing a great job, leading several players is hard as hell in a PBP format. If wewere around a table I think it would be easier of course. Wil just wants Seltyn to be more confident and that is all. But like you said it turned out for the best and i'm glad for that! Because you and Elorin kicked that logic puzzles butt before I took a look at it lol. :)

Wil hoping that his conversation was done with Seltyn watches Thalas as everyone greets him, relieved he returned at all. Nodded to the Elder as he regarded the winds uneasily. "The weather is a bit against us today."

Wil nods to Elorin, her words were a nice touch, especially for the War Leader to hear as Wil was unsure if the elven man's opinion of Elorin had changed much since the village. He hoped though that he gave her a chance, she was their best diplomat after all. "Here, Here." He raised his fist in recognition to Elorin's words and to emphasize the point she made.

Once Thalas was done speaking to Elorin Wil approached, looking somewhat humble but determined as well. His elven came off fairly fluently, tinged with his human-manner of speaking. "It is good to see you've returned, I did indeed worry. Maybe not so much as Sister Elorin but I was worried to lose such a knowledgeable Brother to the wind. " He slaps him on the shoulder in a comradely way. "Drinks are on me when we get back to Elfhome you cheeky rogue."


The next day dawns with the mental trail behind you, the physical challenge still to go. The necklace gleams in the light of the new day--obviusly fine jewelry without the even more valuable enchantment.

A delegation from the black citadel arrive on the hill across from the monastery and bridge. They seem surprised to see you.

The leader of the four is one of the witches from the ship. In a cackling voice.
"Why are you here?"


Male Elf Ranger 4

Because your efforts to sink our ship and kill us all were not as succesful as you would have wished them to be perhaps. We came here to claim an important part of our heritage, not to deal with murderers and traitors. Good day.

With venom in his voice, Talon will turn from the witch and begin the physical challenge.


Per +5, Low-Light Vision | HP 33/33 | AC 20, Touch 11, Flat 19 | F +4, R +2, W +10

If we can negotiate an alliance with the Wood Elfs, which seems possible since they shared their scroll for the riddle, we won't have to do the Physical Challenge at all.


Currently 'Sickened':
HP: 22/22, AC: 17(Max 21(T13,FF14), DR: 1(Water Based Critters), F:+4, R:+7, W:+2, Perc: +6, Init: +3.

Suny also bristles at the approach of the Human woman. (¬_¬)


HP 23/51, AC 26, CMD 25, Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +4

Azlain doesn't bristle. He hadn't said much during their time on wood elf island, but now he found his voice.

He walked right up to the witch with a hellish stare and growls "Give me one good reason not to kill you."

Intimidate: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17


Stats:
Wood Elf Paladin lvl 4 Init +1; Low-Light Vision; Per +5; HP: 39/39 (healthy)
Saves & AC:
Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +8; AC 21, T 12, FF 20

It would be nice to continue our alliance with the Wood Elves but unless I understood it incorrectly we still have to do the physical challenge. Just not that day as the winds were bad. :) I'm loving this whole deal right now, despite not doing much on the riddle. Just the Rping back and forth. :)

Your a BA Azlain, welcome back! :D

Wilaml raises a hand placatingly to Azlain, despite how much he wished they could engage them he took a different approach. His voice was calm and friendly as he spoke, brandishing the symbol of his deity on the front of his armor as he approached the witches. "Calm yourself brother, please, we are on neutral ground and we will not break the Elders simple law. But..." He looked to the one who spoke and sized them up with his good eye, a smile spreading across on his features but never reaching his eyes as he spoke in a calm and certain way. "If you really must know we are claiming our vengeance upon you." At their quizzical glare he merely shakes his head regretfully, his smile fading as he fixed the witch with a firm look and didn't allow her to speak first. Fully intending to finish what he had to say before he had to listen to her cackling once more. "You haven't realized? Well let me put you at ease, when you leave this place. Having gained nothing, except the knowledge that the next time we meet we will take your ship as payment for what you've done. Now, Why are you here?" Every word he spoke was filled with his belief that victory was within their grasp and that certainty was reflected in his features as he waited patiently alongside Azlain for their response.

Intimidate - Aid Another Azlain - Azlain is aiming to scare them, Wil is aiming to shake their morale. Good Cop, Bad COP! :D 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15


The witch laughs: "Because our magic is too powerful. I will curse you for your insolence."
The witch graps throws some powder in the air and encants. A spectral, bloody black hand appears in the air and moves toward Azlain.

The three warriors look amazed. "You should not be starting trouble here pointy ears."

The physical challenge requires jumping across the bridge making acrobatic checks. To cross the first section in where the disks are closer together is an Acrobatics DC10+wind factor. The wind factor is 16 due to extremely high winds. Farther along it will change to DC15+wind factor. The final leg will be DC10+wind factor. The plunge is hundereds of feet into water interspersed with rocks. It has proven fatal.

Spellcraft DC17:
Spectral hand Spell--the hand can deliver powerful magic to those it touches.


Male Elf Ranger 4

Our insolence? No. Your ship and crew destroyed our ship and in the process attempted to kill us all. I think we are more than entitled to have some bad feeling, especially when you fired the first shot on our boat.

We are all guests of the Elves here, and thus must abide by their rules. They wish for there to be no trouble here, but mark my words. If we meet again elsewhere, the same can not be said.

Talon will be readying an action to fire upon the hand should it begin to move towards an ally, with the intention of destroying the hand and the one who cast it.


f Elf bard/4. Init +2/Low-Light Vision/Perception +11/ AC16, T12: FF14/

Elorin stands up and in a stern and very loud voice speaks: "This is not the place to fight. This is neutral ground and we shall ALL respect it. IF you wish to finish what you started on the sea then we shall do it else where."

She softens her tone. just a little. "The people here are not part of this and should not be brought into it by any of us."


HP 23/51, AC 26, CMD 25, Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +4

Pulling his mask from his face to reveal his hideously scarred visage. "I don't even have ears, smart guy."

"Lady, are you willing to chance that I can't feed you this sword before that thing touches me or your guards can stop me? I might end up cursed, but you'll still be dead." Azlain snarls, coiled like a spring but not budging away from the ridiculous hand.

"Go ahead. See what happens."

Full defense. Touch AC 21

Azlain is perfectly willing to let her touch him, just for the ability to retaliate and call it self defense. He doesn't care much about any of this challenge stuff, but he really wants to kill this b*&%+.


Per +5, Low-Light Vision | HP 33/33 | AC 20, Touch 11, Flat 19 | F +4, R +2, W +10

Oh, good, it's the next day so I have "real" spells again!

Thalas turns to one of the monk judges of the competition assuming there is one, to verify no one is cheating and quietly but urgently says, "It seems your rules are about to be challenged. Go, bring Elder Bopart with all haste!"


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

Seltyn would love nothing more than to kill these evil people here and now. He says nothing.

We know the rules here, and they have to start it, or it's not self-defense, and we lose our chance and offend our hosts at the same time, and maybe even the gods.

We haven't really gained the wood elves' trust just yet. Not all of us. Please, you hot-headed humans, give us an excuse to end you now...


Currently 'Sickened':
HP: 22/22, AC: 17(Max 21(T13,FF14), DR: 1(Water Based Critters), F:+4, R:+7, W:+2, Perc: +6, Init: +3.

Suny stands beside her friends, hands upon hips and the short swords sheathed there. Ready, willing and awaiting the clash which seems inevitable to come.


The hand reaches to touch Azlain.
"It is just a hand."
And Talon fires at the hand, and the fighters draw.
And I need to make a map and roll initiative.


Stats:
Wood Elf Paladin lvl 4 Init +1; Low-Light Vision; Per +5; HP: 39/39 (healthy)
Saves & AC:
Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +8; AC 21, T 12, FF 20

Spellcraft 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Wil looks in shock as the arrow tears past and into the strange obviously magical hand, passing harmlessly through it. He spoke as he shook his head, they had attacked first despite the Witches spell only being a medium for her to touch people with her magic. Otherwise it was harmless. "Spectral hand, utilized to deliver powerful spells by touch..."

He crossed his arms in front of his chest, fully intending not to draw his sword unless struck. He had made an oath but had never threatened to fight them there and then, if they struck him he would fight. Until then he merely intended to impede their path if he could.

He spoke loudly so that Talon could hear him. "PUT YOUR BOW AWAY NOW! Per our own oaths we swore to follow there rules." He fixes the warriors with a glare. "That goes for you as well, no one was injured and both sides are at wrong. So sheath your weapons..."


HP 23/51, AC 26, CMD 25, Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +4

Azlain hadn't drawn his weapon. He hadn't even moved when the arrow tore past him and the guards in front of him drew steel. He simply waited and glared.

2,701 to 2,750 of 3,750 << first < prev | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Team Elf in Elves versus Dwarves - Dwarves and Gnomes KEEP OUT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.