Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Elven team in Campaign Elves vs Dwarves -- Dwarves and Gnomes Keep Out (Inactive)

Game Master Chainmail

An old school homebrew campaign for a party of Elves. They will interact with a party of dwarves on an increasing basis.
Current map


201 to 250 of 3,750 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Derrick say, "I will be brief. Some of us do not like how things have turned out. I would like another pouch of seeds to use as a talisman to start a new movement to honor your ways. In exchange I will give you this journal left by the group of a year ago. I translated and read it with much difficulty, and I think it is worth it."

I was not sure how this meeting would go, the visitors from last year were distant, aloof, and somewhat vain. You are different. I also require you take my son with you, this is no place for him. I do not want him used against me. So, another pouch of seeds and you take my son to your home and make sure he is looked after until I send for him, and I will give you this journal from one year ago. What do you say?"


f Elf bard/4. Init +2/Low-Light Vision/Perception +11/ AC16, T12: FF14/

How did you come by the journal? and you read Elven?She asked slightly surprised by what they had just been asked.


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

Seltyn knows there is more to this than meets his eye, and trusts Elorin's judgement. She read the note, and she's gotten us this far. He gives her a look that says as much.


"A friend was given it by last year's leader. It took me many days to translate; I do not read or speak elven well at all."

"I have some parting advice my lady, whether you accept my offer or not. Three things do not anger: a wolf with cubs, a man with power, and a women's sense of wrong. Three things do not trust in: the maiden sworn as pure, the vow a king has given, and the ambush that is sure.

Derrick quotes a poem this is common among humans and you have ran across it before. Poem as song sung by famous human bard

"Go to your friends; I await your answer."


f Elf bard/4. Init +2/Low-Light Vision/Perception +11/ AC16, T12: FF14/

Elorin nods, She decides to go back to others and discus with them what to do. While if he speaks the truth about the Journal Elorin would be tempted to take the offer, she can not choose to take the child alone that has to be a choice made by all. it holds more significance and may have more repercussions.


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

I will go ahead, my lady, and tell our companions to load the boat and prepare to depart.

Without waiting for a reply, Seltyn hustles down the pier and tells the party to help get the boat loaded any way they can.

He then goes to Windfavor. I hope you can get Velesia back here as fast as you got her there. We're going as soon as we're loaded up. I can give you a signal so you can find us, if need be. Look for a light beneath the boat, if we have to cast off without you. Try to be discreet, if you have that option.

He tells the party, We may have company going back. There's more going on here than we could have known. Elorin will handle all that, but there's a bard's tale we'll all want to hear, once we're away.


f Elf bard/4. Init +2/Low-Light Vision/Perception +11/ AC16, T12: FF14/

Derek, if you are lying to us it will be you that suffers not the boy. You have helped us as much as you can so far and I will chose to help you in return. and No amount of seeds are worth a life. Get your son ready and the journal and then you will receive the seeds, once the ship is loaded. I know you will understand after all that Seltyn and Myself has gone through today, those goods are my priority.

She enters the ship and greats everyone.

I will explain all once we are on our way. However amongst the many...interesting developments, we got the goods, for one bag of seeds. I have a few choice words about the king, but again those can wait till we leave. however, The gentlemen you all met on the pier, Derek. Whom Seltyn and myself left with, proved helpful in the kings presence. He has approached me with a deal.

She takes a breath to calm down from being reminded of the king again and continues.

He claims to have a journal from one of the group of Elves that came here last. He says has been working on translating it to see what is said. He has asked for the remaining bag of seeds as payment for the journal. He says he wishes to make talismans form the seeds to spread the word. that he and others are not happy with the current king. She again takes a breath, and mutters to herself horrible things about the king.

The other and more difficult decision is he has asked us to take his son with us home. To charge with his safe keeping until he can come get him. he says he does not want his son to be able to be used against him.

I mostly believe him and I have taken the deal. at the very least we still have our goods, and this way we may have our goods and then also some extras. We learned a lot today."

she finds somewhere to sit and breathe deeply for a moment. she is not really sure she has taken it all in and after the experience with the king she wanted to bath and just be home with her things.


Male Elf Ranger 4

To have an ally in the human courts would be useful beyond measure, especially if we can get reliable information from it. However, what would happen to Derrick if we take the boy? A bag of seeds is all well and good, and if the journal is as good as he claims it is, then what are we waiting for? Do the trade and let us get out of this forsaken port before they tear us apart.


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

What did the note say?

It couldn't have been very long.


f Elf bard/4. Init +2/Low-Light Vision/Perception +11/ AC16, T12: FF14/

changed my post after reading Seltyns post, please re-read


f Elf bard/4. Init +2/Low-Light Vision/Perception +11/ AC16, T12: FF14/

The note forewarned me of the humans wish to demean us. the goblin offered to get us out if we caused a distraction. he said in the note that the humans had cut his tongue out." she looks like she wants to burn the whole pace down, but she is sitting and breathing in-between talking to calm down.

humans are such evil cruel beings


Male Elf Ranger 4

The bastard humans who did that to him will most certainly pay. We will find the gnome once more, have no fear. Till then, it is good to know that we have what we came for and a little more. Let us set ourselves a course that is homeward bound. Elorin, you performed amazingly today. Seltyn, thank you for looking after her. It would have been a tragedy to lose one of our own on such a small mission so early on. For now, the sun is coming out, the seeds have been spent and we have the supplies we came for. I say we beat a strategic withdrawal to anywhere that isn't here eh?
Talon looks amused at himself, and smiles slowly. The group was finally coming together.


Windfavor says, "Let us paddle over and get Valesia in the ship on the way out. We can pick up the boy over there too."


Male Elf Ranger 4
Windfavor wrote:
Windfavor says, "Let us paddle over and get Valesia in the ship on the way out. We can pick up the boy over there too."

As you command Admiral


Goods are loaded. Second pouch of seeds for a journal and a charge? That is the question.


f Elf bard/4. Init +2/Low-Light Vision/Perception +11/ AC16, T12: FF14/

I might still be best if Valesia is picked up stealthily. We have come so far I woudl not want to stumble at the last hurdle and have them think we have spies. I don not want to give them any excuses.


Male Elf Ranger 4
Chainmail wrote:

Goods are loaded. Second pouch of seeds for a journal and a charge? That is the question.

Answer is yes I believe


f Elf bard/4. Init +2/Low-Light Vision/Perception +11/ AC16, T12: FF14/

yes on the seeds, I put it in my post at the top. I did re-edit it though, so you may have missed it.


"I confess I did not think farther than getting her over there. It was kind of impulsive on my part. It will be easier to sneak her on the big ship rather than paddling over in a canoe. I was just concerned for her safety and wanted her out of harms way."


f Elf bard/4. Init +2/Low-Light Vision/Perception +11/ AC16, T12: FF14/

As do I. if we speed things up here we can sneak her you quicker. As Seltyn said we can wait for you outside of harbor. though you know where she is and you feel she is in immediate danger, then do what you must.


Male Elf Ranger 4
Windfavor wrote:
"I confess I did not think farther than getting her over there. It was kind of impulsive on my part. It will be easier to sneak her on the big ship rather than paddling over in a canoe. I was just concerned for her safety and wanted her out of harms way."

The last few days have been chaotic, lets get a grip on everything. We have the supplies. We have a new kid to take care of. We have a journal that we need to pore over and find out more from. We also have a companion of ours stuck who knows where. She is our first priority. Do you have any more of that potion Windfavour? Or can you go back to where she was last you saw of her and find out if she stayed there or not?


When Derrick waves his son over, he introduces him as Joergen.

"Joergen, listen to the nice lady, she will be taking care of you now. Do not disappoint me." He can only nod yes. His eyes get wide as he sees the pet on the ship. "Can I pet him?"

A quick detour picks up Valesia at the side pier and you are off to the open sea.


The journal you have is quite short. It contains only a single note addressed to 'The next delegation' written in perfect elven. The note says, "There is a traitor on the island, we do not know who it is. I would be careful about assuming any conversations you have with Lady Ciedrel do not reach the ears of your enemy. At times it seems our enemy is too well prepared. Strangely, we feel the best place to leave this for you is with humans, how ironic."

Your debrief by Lady Ciedrel goes extremely well and she is gushing with praise.

"The supplies are crucial to get us through another year."

"You are correct in that no manner of respect given that horrid king will hurt us in any way. You didn't put anything in writing."

"Bringing back the boy was brilliant, it can only help us learn about each other."

Obviously you will have to decide whether or not to tell her about the journal.

Your first mission is succesfully completed. There will be a post in the main thread so you can see the progress of both teams and compare them when the dwarves get some closure. They are not having as easy a time of it.


The experience of saving your people puts everyone at level 2. Let me know if everyone wants me to roll next level hit points in one swoop or take pathfinder above average hit point (just award hd/2 +1).


Male Elf Ranger 4
Chainmail wrote:
The experience of saving your people puts everyone at level 2. Let me know if everyone wants me to roll next level hit points in one swoop or take pathfinder above average hit point (just award hd/2 +1).

I am happy to have HD/2+1. Works out as I get 5HP a level at the moment which is fine by me

EDIT: Amended character sheet to bring me to level 2


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

Once they're all safely on their way, Seltyn is effusive in his praise of everyone involved. You all handled yourselves bravely, and with wise restraint. I'll be telling the Lady exactly that. We not only completed our task, but learned much more about the situation than we would have, had we been too aggressive. Once we get back and get things squared away, I think a little celebration would be in order.

About the journal: Seltyn wants to discuss it once we're alone. He's not sure if we should tell the Lady right away, or try to find out who the traitor is, if there really is one, and then tell her. If we don't tip our hand, perhaps this traitor would act too confidently, thinking no one suspects him or her.

I'll take the 4 hp. Leveling up! EDIT: So there's no confusion, do you mean PFS average? Seltyn's would be 6+4+ modifiers.


Male Elf Ranger 4
Seltyn Sevenleaf wrote:

Once they're all safely on their way, Seltyn is effusive in his praise of everyone involved. You all handled yourselves bravely, and with wise restraint. I'll be telling the Lady exactly that. We not only completed our task, but learned much more about the situation than we would have, had we been too aggressive. Once we get back and get things squared away, I think a little celebration would be in order.

About the journal: Seltyn wants to discuss it once we're alone. He's not sure if we should tell the Lady right away, or try to find out who the traitor is, if there really is one, and then tell her. If we don't tip our hand, perhaps this traitor would act too confidently, thinking no one suspects him or her.

I'll take the 4 hp. Leveling up! EDIT: So there's no confusion, do you mean PFS average? Seltyn's would be 6+4+ modifiers.

I am with you on this one. Whilst the traitor does not know we know of their existence, we are safer than we might be otherwise. We trust none other than those of us who came through this mission, and we share all information that we have with one another eh?

As is often said, the forest is a much harder denzin to uproot as a whole than a single tree


f Elf bard/4. Init +2/Low-Light Vision/Perception +11/ AC16, T12: FF14/

A celebration sounds like a good idea to me. So long as we can rest first.She laughs and then She turns to Joergen, Are you ok Joergen? your father seems to care about you a lot to risk what he has.

Eloring believes it would be best to not speak of the journal, though she feels uncomfortable with keeping secrets from the Queen, she knows if the traitor is caught first then the queen would understand.


Male Wood Elf Druid 2

I do not like keeping secrets from the queen. What excuse would we have, when we do tell her, about why we kept it from her? The only reason would be if we did not trust her.

Mar thinks for a minute, pondering the difficulties of the situation. Intrigues like this give him a lot of problems, and he cant quite picture all of the possible consequences.

I dont know. I can see how keeping it secret might benefit us all, however, keeping a secret from the queen makes it seem like she cannot be trusted. If there is a good reason to, I will go along with that, though.

Mar felt uncomfortable knowing that he might keep something from the queen. The knowledge did give him some purpose, though. If we could find the person or persons who gave the last group away... But why did our mission go so well? The same traitors would have given us problems. Maybe Elorin saved the mission anyway.


Telethal had been day-dreaming again... something you've noticed he does every once in a while. He snaps out of it when Marlamin mentions his discomfort with keeping the secret from the queen. You're surprised when the towering half-elf tosses in his thoughts, short as they may be. "I think we should tell her, too. We can do it in private. Tell her not to tell anyone else. Just seems wrong to keep it from her, ya know?"

Blushing a little from throwing otu too many words at once, the Telethal looks at the floor and then for an exit, waving down the Admiral when he gets a chance. You overhear him murmur something about learning to swim.


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

My concern here is that all we have is the note. There's no other evidence of a traitor. If we tell the queen now, we might cause a lot of undue worry. If there is someone betraying her, it would be better to have an idea of who it might be, and some proof of their treachery before concerning her.

Always one to puzzle himself, Seltyn goes on.

The queen has priests who can detect liars and those with ill intent. There are ways around those detections, though. There are devices, spells, and even spies who can deceive such magic. I just wish we had more to go on than a single journal entry we got from a human.


f Elf bard/4. Init +2/Low-Light Vision/Perception +11/ AC16, T12: FF14/

Perhaps we could tell the queen of the journal, but tell her we would prefer not to discuss the contents until we can verify it? She thinks to herself at least this way no lies are being told. Also if there is a spy then he or she would most certainly be interested in the journal. It could be bait of sorts. Though I do say we do not tell her from whom we got it. in fact I suggest names are not mentioned at all. If there are spies, then Derek may still be in danger and so will his son. in fact it may be best of you conceal your identity Joergen. It would keep both you and your father safe.


You are invited to a war council with Lady Ciedrel and her advisors. These advisors number 10 elves of 'mostly' princely heritage as Windfavor is included among these. The others are quiet as Lady Ciedrel does all the talking.

"We have three possible missions for your consideration. The riskiest one and that taken by your predecessors was to travel up the coast to the Northeast to the once great shipyard and drydock called simply 'The Yard'. A large sailing vessel, 'The Albatross' is said to have put there for repairs. Years ago it was the fastest vessel of its time and the means to construct it is long gone. To get there is at least a month's travel up the coast. The master shipbuilder Toti (a human) may still be in the area somewhere. Now 'The Yard' is supposedly guarded by curses and creatures of the deep."

"Alternative 2 is to sail the other way down the coast and treat with the main jungle native settlement. The local ruins are said to contain magics and medicines of great use to our people.

"Finally, your success with the Coastal Kingdom makes it possible for you to follow their main trade route from the settlement you visited to their central supply depot (alternative 3). Future negotiations or bold 'undercover operations' may yield vital resources."


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

Legend tells of such ships as the Albatross. It is written that our people were once masters of the sea, with vessels unmatched by any other race. If we could retrieve it, our people might rediscover its lost technologies, and build such ships again.

We should tell Ciedrel about the note, if we can get her alone into some magic-guarded spot, I think. Somebody got the charisma for that?


After dismissing the ten counselors, she addresses Elorin: "Elorin, I have met the human boy and will take care of him personally. You have other things to tend to. This Derrick 'situation' opens up a fourth option."

"A fourth option is to follow up your success with the Coastal Kingdom with another diplomatic/evangelical mission. There is truly a new religon among the humans brewing since your departure, and if the rumors are to be believed, the are treating me as some sort of demigod and consider Elorin Silentall to be some sort of mystic high priestess."

"I have found that flesh and blood examples may not live up to what rumor, imagination, and mysticism can brew. On the one hand this religon may flourish better left alone or on the other hand this new religion will be brutally repressed by the humans without our intervention."

"I leave you the room."

The Lady leaves you to discuss this amongst yourselves in this well appointed meeting room at the top of the tower. You are instructed to send the page outside the door for her when you have decided. You may take a few days and send for refreshments and retire to your luxurious suites for rest, "as our race has never been a hasty one" .


f Elf bard/4. Init +2/Low-Light Vision/Perception +11/ AC16, T12: FF14/

Elorin is relieved that the boy will be looked after. She still had a worry in the back of her mind that word will spread to the human world.

Elorin thinks for awhile over which Missions would be best to take first. whilst she believes the ship would be useful we did already have a ship and also she was not keen to return to the coastal kingdom. I may be comfortable with being the center of the stage when i am performing, I am not comfortable being a religious symbol, a high priest is certainly not the path I would chose. she shifts in her seat at the thought of that. and tries not to think about it again.

The ship may be very useful, I am not sure about the curse and sea creature guards. Are we strong enough to get through that, and back out again?


Elorin Silentall wrote:


The ship may be very useful, I am not sure about the curse and sea creature guards. Are we strong enough to get through that, and back out again?

"Your predecesors did not return last year from that mission. Windfavor deposited them a day's travel from 'the Yard' and waited over a month for them to return to no avail."


Time to check in and let me know when you would like to break for the holidays.


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

Now is a good time. We're between adventures, and there's no money to spend on anything. If we resolve the question about telling the lady about the note, and decide what we want to do next (I still say the Albatross, though I didn't put any ranks in swim!), we'll be ready to start fresh after xmas.

What say ye, fellow elves?


f Elf bard/4. Init +2/Low-Light Vision/Perception +11/ AC16, T12: FF14/

now is good for me also. have a good christmas everyone. as I said in post, albatross, reservedly.


Yah, breaking now would be good. I vote for albatross, also. I also vote for telling the queen in absolute secrecy and tell how imperatively Important it is that she not even tell her council.


Enjoy the holidays -- hope it is fun so far -- Valesia check in with your level 2 rogue when ready


Male Elf Ranger 4

Talon thinks hard on the three missions. Whilst the idea of fighting unknown adversaries in the form of magic and so on held no fear for him, there was an interesting point to be made.

We came across the Human nation and successfully negotiated with them. I vote we continue that line of success, and possibly also at the same time attempt to find out more about that Gnome that Elorin mentioned. There is much to be said for continuing with what we have already started.


Male Elf Ranger 4
Talon Moonwalker wrote:

Talon thinks hard on the three missions. Whilst the idea of fighting unknown adversaries in the form of magic and so on held no fear for him, there was an interesting point to be made.

We came across the Human nation and successfully negotiated with them. I vote we continue that line of success, and possibly also at the same time attempt to find out more about that Gnome that Elorin mentioned. There is much to be said for continuing with what we have already started.

My concern with going to the Albatross is that we have no way that I know of to be breathing underwater. We are not fish after all. Therefore, any creatures of the deep would instantly have an advantage over us. The previous group were well set up, and yet they still perished. Whilst the Albatross might be well worth the risk, if we are to die now, then who will look after our nation?.

The exploration of the temple ruins could give us massive benefits, and might even be a curious place to go. Certainly it sounds like a better idea than the Albatross. However, creatures manifested from spirits and the like are present there I am sure, and we have potentially little if any defence against them.

The third option of going to the main supply depot is also an interesting idea, but also fraught with danger. If we are caught during undercover operations, then all the hard work that we just did with the Human King, all the benefits would be cast aside in an instant. That therefore would undermine EVERYTHING that we have just worked for. On the other hand, we have an expert in negotiation in Elorin, and thus a more direct approach could well work. However, if it does not, then we have problems there as well in that we are far from home, with no easy way out.

The fourth option of working on another diplomatic mission is therefore possibly the most tempting to me. Elorin can work to make even greater gains with the King, we can make some inroads into finding out about this Gnomish rebellion. About the matter of religion I do not know, it is not my area of expertise. In my opinion however it is the path that has the greatest possibility of success.

I have said all I can really say. I will follow you all to the depths of Hell and back, but do not expect me to follow blindly and without thought of our survival.


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

The little guy we saw was a goblin.


Male Elf Ranger 4
Seltyn Sevenleaf wrote:
The little guy we saw was a goblin.

Whoops, ret con that to read goblin. I can't edit my post because its now too old


Telethal shrugs, "I say we go where it's most useful. If that's to talk to those round-eyes again, whatever..."


Male Elf Ranger 4
Telethal the Halfblood wrote:
Telethal shrugs, "I say we go where it's most useful. If that's to talk to those round-eyes again, whatever..."

Talon smiles at the description of the humans as the 'round-eyes'. It's an apt description no doubt, but not one that he would have personally come up with.

Telethal, you are the strongest of us all I would warrent, where does your heart tell you that you want to go?


"I have not heard from Valesia, perhaps she is somewhat preoccupied with the elven holiday celebrations. I would hope she makes the journey. The boat is ready and Marlamin and Valesia have not been around too much lately. Let me know your destination and when you are ready to sail Seltyn. Currently Valesia and Marlamin's berth on the ship has not been reserved."

"Our diplomatic status seems to have increased with our latest 'accomodation' with the Coastal Kingdom according to our highly place informers in the human lands. The new religion, whose followers call themselves Ciedrelites has spread inland to the interior."

As we are still in the holidays, no need to rush things along.


Male Elf Ranger 4

If the religion has spread to the inland areas, can we assume that we would be given aid of some kind if we were to need it?

201 to 250 of 3,750 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Team Elf in Elves versus Dwarves - Dwarves and Gnomes KEEP OUT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.