Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Elven team in Campaign Elves vs Dwarves -- Dwarves and Gnomes Keep Out (Inactive)

Game Master Chainmail

An old school homebrew campaign for a party of Elves. They will interact with a party of dwarves on an increasing basis.
Current map


2,301 to 2,350 of 3,750 << first < prev | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | next > last >>

M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

Get that banner up and stand in the center of the boat, Seltyn tells our new bannermaiden. We can cry later.


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

I'll assume she does that. We can all use a +1.

Seltyn will move his dancing lights spell down into the water, directly below the huge creature, illuminating it from beneath (free action). This might help perception, I don't know. Can't hurt.

He moves away from the reach of the monster, unrolls the scroll in his hand and reads aloud, invoking the haste spell to affect 5 of his allies: His 4 friends in the water, and Wil at the ballista.

DC 16 caster level check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

He fails to activate it. wisdom check: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12 No further suckiness ensues.


Per +5, Low-Light Vision | HP 33/33 | AC 20, Touch 11, Flat 19 | F +4, R +2, W +10

Sadface!


Per +5, Low-Light Vision | HP 33/33 | AC 20, Touch 11, Flat 19 | F +4, R +2, W +10
Thalas Lebarath wrote:

Caught by Azlain's surprise attack from behind and gripping the unfamiliar Oneshot, Thalas is unable to keep his head above water.

"Gurgle!"

Constitution DC10 to avoid drowning: 1d20 + 0 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 0 + 1 = 4 +1 from Lady Ciedrel's Luck

Assuming I'm reading the rules right and am following the initiative/round order correctly, in the previous round I was knocked off the ship by Azlain and failed my Swim check and now Fort save to avoid drowning. As soon as I failed the Fort save, I went to 0hp and was unconcious. It now appears to be the next round, and am now at -1hp and dying. Unless I am given aid by the next time I come up in the initiative order, I will be dead - assuming the Deep One or human in water doesn't send me off with a CDG.


Male Elf Ranger 4

As best as I can tell, I am in the water, somehow able to breathe just fine. Assuming therefore I can act as normal, I would like to do a few things. 1: break free of the grapple. 2: Help Thalas to not drown anymore. 3: Get back on the boat and kill the creature or run from it. Let me know what I can and cannot do.


Currently 'Sickened':
HP: 22/22, AC: 17(Max 21(T13,FF14), DR: 1(Water Based Critters), F:+4, R:+7, W:+2, Perc: +6, Init: +3.

Could Suny be in a position to help save Thalas?


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

Windfavor! Can you help Thalas?


Per +5, Low-Light Vision | HP 33/33 | AC 20, Touch 11, Flat 19 | F +4, R +2, W +10

Is there any kind of Perception check necessary to see me unconcious and drowning under the water? Suny, are you still trying to help Talon? I thought so....


Talon has been held by the big tentacled beast for 12 seconds.

Talon:
And taken nonlethal damage of round 1 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 and round 2 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 but recover 1 nonlethal hp. To make matters worse, the human thrall tries to help hold Talon. Aid CM vs grappled 1d20 ⇒ 12 Looks like Talon gets another CM roll. The creature has been too busy using his mind to increase the power of his hold on Talon, but the human thrall gets a hand on his ankle too.

Windfavor brings the ship around and locks the tiller on a straight course. He looks to target the huge creature, but fails to find him after the course change. He says, "Thalas is a strong boy, he'll come up." What goes unsaid is 'if he is left alone'.
Windfavor:
Per/hit/conceal/damage 1d20 ⇒ 11d20 ⇒ 81d100 ⇒ 331d8 ⇒ 3

Gretchen incapacitated
Talon in water <----
Thalas in water <---DC 10 swim check and you break the surface with full move (no armor on)
Azlain in water (could have swum after Thalas last round)<---
Deep One
Wil
Suny in water
Bannermaiden
Seltyn
Windfavor
Human in water
Gretchen incapacitated


HP 23/51, AC 26, CMD 25, Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +4

Swim, trying to save Thalas: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


Azlain catches up to Thalas and manages to grab his sleeve and pull. Thalas has +3 to next swim check (Azlain made check by 3 more than needed)


Per +5, Low-Light Vision | HP 33/33 | AC 20, Touch 11, Flat 19 | F +4, R +2, W +10

Swim (DC 10): 1d20 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 2 + 3 = 21

Gasping, Thalas breaks the surface of the water, Oneshot still in hand.


Stats:
Wood Elf Paladin lvl 4 Init +1; Low-Light Vision; Per +5; HP: 39/39 (healthy)
Saves & AC:
Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +8; AC 21, T 12, FF 20

Hooray! One shot didn't take the plunge!


Currently 'Sickened':
HP: 22/22, AC: 17(Max 21(T13,FF14), DR: 1(Water Based Critters), F:+4, R:+7, W:+2, Perc: +6, Init: +3.

Um...still trying to help Talon...


Rolling the CM for Talon to speed things along and a swim check if he breaks free.

Talon:
CM escape grapple/Swim 2d20 ⇒ (17, 12) = 29

Talon swims free toward Suny. Unfortunately he is pursued by the tentacled beast and his human minion.


The beast attempts another grab at Talon as he pushes toward Suny, and behind her, Thalas and Azlain. No longer having to manage directing so many human puppets, the creature is much more agile.

Sea creature:
1d20 ⇒ 131d6 ⇒ 6


Currently 'Sickened':
HP: 22/22, AC: 17(Max 21(T13,FF14), DR: 1(Water Based Critters), F:+4, R:+7, W:+2, Perc: +6, Init: +3.

Suny slips about between Talon and the squidy-thing. Trying to distract it and the stupid Human from Talon so that her friend can make it back, closer to the boat.

Acrobatics:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 (To twist, turn and 'tumble' hence being a harder target)

Swim:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26 (To actually keep up the pace of distracting the thing)


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

Wil's turn?


The sea creature takes a swipe at Talon (he ceases moving but bubbles continue from his mouth). The sea creature moves towards Azlain and Thalas trailing a cloud of 'airy water'. The sea creature cuts inside the circle of the boat making the shots harder from anywhere but the stern. (Using incredible maneuvrability, the creature can turn tighter and gain cover from anywhere but stern while pursuing.)

Wil up.


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

CM:

Spoiler:
Seltyn rolled a 20 (28) on his knowledge check. Does he know it's an aboleth?


Seltyn Sevenleaf wrote:
CM: ** spoiler omitted **

Seltyn informs everyone the creatures is a Deep One. It is a lesser cousin of the aboleth. It is not as tough.


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

Could have fooled me! LOL


Stats:
Wood Elf Paladin lvl 4 Init +1; Low-Light Vision; Per +5; HP: 39/39 (healthy)
Saves & AC:
Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +8; AC 21, T 12, FF 20

Losing his Target Wil grunts and does the only sane thing he can do at this juncture. He moves quickly, grabbing the moorings line and tosses it to the floundering duo out in the water, the sooner they had Azlain and Thalas back on deck the better off they would all be...

move action 30ft and I'm not sure what it takes to toss the line to them, I'm in an area with limited internet so I won't be able to post again for another day. Sorry guys :(


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

Going for the Hail Mary!

Stand firm, he orders the bannermaiden. Bring us some luck!

Seeing that the situation is desperate, and having no other way to help, Seltyn again tries to use the scroll. Haste on the 4 in the water and Wil.
DC 16

caster level check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Oh, well. Nothing better to do.


Per +5, Low-Light Vision | HP 33/33 | AC 20, Touch 11, Flat 19 | F +4, R +2, W +10

Looks like it's Bannermaiden, Windfavor, and Human in water's turns before coming back to the top. Talon has escaped the Deep One and Suny is swimming interference for Talon, while Azlain and Thalas are treading water. Wil tried to throw a line out, while Seltyn has failed to use a scroll successfully. Coming up after this message from out advertisers, will Talon successfully get away from the Deep One, or will he yet meet a slimey, tentacled end? Will Azlain and Thalas drown while Wil and Seltyn can only watch? Find out next on, ELVES! VS! DWARVES!


f Elf bard/4. Init +2/Low-Light Vision/Perception +11/ AC16, T12: FF14/
Thalas Lebarath wrote:
Looks like it's Bannermaiden, Windfavor, and Human in water's turns before coming back to the top. Talon has escaped the Deep One and Suny is swimming interference for Talon, while Azlain and Thalas are treading water. Wil tried to throw a line out, while Seltyn has failed to use a scroll successfully. Coming up after this message from out advertisers, will Talon successfully get away from the Deep One, or will he yet meet a slimey, tentacled end? Will Azlain and Thalas drown while Wil and Seltyn can only watch? Find out next on, ELVES! VS! DWARVES!

Hehehe I will be waiting with baited breath.


Currently 'Sickened':
HP: 22/22, AC: 17(Max 21(T13,FF14), DR: 1(Water Based Critters), F:+4, R:+7, W:+2, Perc: +6, Init: +3.

As opposed to the four of us who are bait. :P


Windfavor shakes his head, "Lady magic is a fickle mistress."

Rushing to the ballista he looks for his target.

Per1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26

He fires the carefully loaded magic bolt.
1d20 + 8 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 8 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 24
Conceal1d100 ⇒ 15
And curses, "Almost had it."
The huge bolt with a specially crafted Elder Symbol on the shaft fails to pierce the creature's concealment.

Suny avoids the creature with an acrobatic attack run, gets the creature to release the unconscious ranger and follows him down to get him.

Thalas and Azlain notice the sea creature is right under them!!!

Order
Talon unconscious in water
Thalas in water<---
Azlain in water<---
Deep One
Wil
Suny in water
Bannermaiden
Seltyn
Windfavor
Human in water


Per +5, Low-Light Vision | HP 33/33 | AC 20, Touch 11, Flat 19 | F +4, R +2, W +10

Swim: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Taking a full action, Thalas is able to swim 10 feet towards the Sprite. Unless Azlain fails his check and goes under, in which case I'd do Aid Another.


Moving in the creatures' reach, Thalas tries to avoid a tentacle.

AoO:
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 211d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Thalas -10hp
Thalas fail Fort DC16:
Thalas is part of the translucent fish skin club.


Per +5, Low-Light Vision | HP 33/33 | AC 20, Touch 11, Flat 19 | F +4, R +2, W +10

Oh, snap!

In trying to escape the sea monster, Thalas instead provokes it into attacking him - immediately taking a grievous wound as the creature's scaly tentacle flays his unarmored flesh.

Fort Save (DC 16): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Double-snap!


Wil threw a rope range touch 30' (range increment?).
1d20 ⇒ 9


Stats:
Wood Elf Paladin lvl 4 Init +1; Low-Light Vision; Per +5; HP: 39/39 (healthy)
Saves & AC:
Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +8; AC 21, T 12, FF 20

+4! For 13 ac to hit with touch! :)


Currently 'Sickened':
HP: 22/22, AC: 17(Max 21(T13,FF14), DR: 1(Water Based Critters), F:+4, R:+7, W:+2, Perc: +6, Init: +3.

Another Swim Check to get Talon:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27


Male Elf Ranger 4

I am assuming Talon just snores underwater at this point, as being unconcious tends to mean you can't do an awful lot


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

If he's not wearing armor, would he float to the top? Or does he have enough weaponry or whatever to take him down?

Hold steady, he tells the bannermaiden. Be ready to take your last stand.

Seltyn tries to think of a single spell he knows that could work, and draws a blank. Silent Image would never work on that beast. He could cast every spell he's got memorized and still couldn't kill it.

Whose idea was this? What were we thinking? 4 elves in the water and no one has so much as scratched that thing. They're just getting picked off, one by one. Perhaps I wasn't clear enough about our strategy...

He directs the lights to keep the creature illuminated, and tries the haste spell for the third time. There is literally nothing else he can do (on Wil and our 4 fish wannabes).

caster level check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

He goes to the other side of the boat and starts getting some rope to throw to Suny.

You all have +30' movement (even swimming), +1 dodge AC, and an extra attack on a full attack. Too bad none of you can attack...

Get back in the boat, you fools!


Wil's thrown rope reaches Azlain and Thalas. Thalas is scored by a tentacle as he swims to the rope. Azlain considers doing the same as the deep one rises beneath them.

Seltyn desperately reads a scroll as Windfavor rushes back to the tiller. Suny is preparing to grab the ranger sinking in the wake of the deep one.

Azlain in water<---
Deep One
Wil


Male Elf Ranger 4

Am I dead then?


no most of talon's damage was nonlethal


HP 23/51, AC 26, CMD 25, Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +4

Azlain goes for the rope.

Swim: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20


Azlain and Thalas make the rope and the creature follows with his passenger with a nasty garrote.

attack:
Deep one Thalas first then Azlain4d20 ⇒ (15, 8, 1, 1) = 254d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 2, 3) = 10human1d20 ⇒ 1

Thalas is grabbed by two tentacles and held in place as he loses consciousness. The human thrall is unable to slip his garotte around Thalas' neck.


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

Remember your +30 speed.

Save yourselves! We can't save our friends if we don't kill the deep one first!

To Wil, he says Tie off that line and fire! They can get themselves out!

The +30 includes all forms of movement, even climb.


Per +5, Low-Light Vision | HP 33/33 | AC 20, Touch 11, Flat 19 | F +4, R +2, W +10

Oh noes! 0 hp is Disabled = Staggered.

When Thalas' turn comes up, he will

Channel Positive Energy: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7

making sure to exclude the Deep One and its two human thralls. Selective Channel feat


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

Thalas is at -5, but Azlain has a hold on him, and the rope, and can swim 35'. It doesn't appear that Thalas is grappled. Even if Azlain can't make a swim check, Wil can pull him out at double speed.

Seltyn can't tell everything that's going on, focused as he is on the monster, and getting Suny out. Maybe a full round of Wil pulling could get them on the boat. Maybe. Azlain can't swim well, but he can climb like a monkey right now, even with one hand on the rope and the other holding Thalas.


Stats:
Wood Elf Paladin lvl 4 Init +1; Low-Light Vision; Per +5; HP: 39/39 (healthy)
Saves & AC:
Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +8; AC 21, T 12, FF 20

Following Seltyn's last order without another word Wil moves back to the ballista and grabs hold of a bolt and gets ready to start reloading it. He yells to Seltyn. "Kill the man with the Garotte before he strangle's Thalas!"

He'd have used his bow but all he had was his sword earlier, he was unarmored, unarmed and all he could do was reload the ballista as quickly as he could and pray to the almighty he was swift enough...


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

Lucky for us, Azlain can climb the rope quite well. He's strong, too. Seltyn will keep working on getting Suny out. Nobody's that far from the rail.


Currently 'Sickened':
HP: 22/22, AC: 17(Max 21(T13,FF14), DR: 1(Water Based Critters), F:+4, R:+7, W:+2, Perc: +6, Init: +3.

Um...how has my actions been so far folks? People happy with what I am doing?


Per +5, Low-Light Vision | HP 33/33 | AC 20, Touch 11, Flat 19 | F +4, R +2, W +10

How do you get -5hp for me? I took an AoO for 10, and hit during the Deep One's turn for another 10 to get to 0.


Per +5, Low-Light Vision | HP 33/33 | AC 20, Touch 11, Flat 19 | F +4, R +2, W +10
Suny wrote:
Um...how has my actions been so far folks? People happy with what I am doing?

Looks just fine to me. :) You helped Talon break free of the Deep One, otherwise we could be in even worse trouble.


Thalas Lebarath wrote:
How do you get -5hp for me? I took an AoO for 10, and hit during the Deep One's turn for another 10 to get to 0.

Thalas:
Rolled four to hits, first two for you, second two for Azlain. I was lazy, but the corresponding d6s for damage came with +5 to the damage. So the first tent strike did 10, the next two 15. Typing one handed after surgery I am using all the shortcuts I can :-)

The Deep One firmly grasps Thalas with two tentacles trying to use him as a shield and interposing him between its body and the ship.

Order
Wil <---
Suny in water holding Talon<---
Bannermaiden pulling on rope
Seltyn casts haste
Windfavor
Human in water
Talon unconscious held by Suny
Thalas in water held by deep one
Azlain in water holding rope
Deep One

2,301 to 2,350 of 3,750 << first < prev | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Team Elf in Elves versus Dwarves - Dwarves and Gnomes KEEP OUT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.